GetResponse Email Software or something more?

Bewertet am 17.4.2019
Lee K.
Computerspiele, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: When I started my business, I needed a way to digitally manage and track my engagement with potential customers and converted leads. I also needed a way to keep my content subscribers engaged and up to date with new content I was releasing. I decided to take a look at GetResponse and I am very glad I did. What I found was not just a simple email autoresponder, but a complete digital marketing platform. Sure, I am able to set up automated email lists and responders but it’s much more than that. I can manage my newsletters, and it’s an easy process because they even give you newsletter templates which are very convenient and easy to use, but you can create your own if needed.
One of the best features about GetResponse is the Workflow Editor, it allows me to set up specific processes, so I can create a landing page then perform an email collection task and push them to the content they were looking for in a fluid simple movement. Once the email is collected it can go into a holding pattern and the software will automatically send the contact a welcome email right away or at a specified time after the initial engagement. You can even set up emails in advance and time them to be delivered days after the initial contact to remind them of your brand and keep your business on their mind. The visual elements of the Workflow Editor make it so easy to set up very complex marketing and content delivery campaigns with very little effort. One of the most powerful email tools you can get.

Vorteile: Pros The Ease of use for this platform is staggering for beginners and for proficient users alike. There are even training guides and videos to help you get up and running quickly. The platform has so many automations that you can set up to automate your onboarding process and you won’t believe how easy it is to set these up. There is a very powerful Workflow Editor that makes setting up a complete email marketing campaign a breeze and the templates are reasonably laid out, so you can build your whole campaign efficiently and quickly using templates or if you need a more complex setup you can build from scratch. Finally, the reports and statistics tools are very robust and can help you to understand what is working the best for your business and what campaigns need some rethinking. Additionally, the pro plan offers access to webinar marketing. All plans come with a free 30-day trial so you can get started with no upfront investment.

Nachteile: Cons The smallest plan only allows for a 1000 subscriber list and access to the landing pages. If you grow fast you will need to bump up to the next level which cost more however you also then get access to 5000 subscribers and you get access to do the webinar marketing so it’s not really a negative. You also get access to several other useful features.

GetResponse is a solid alternative to MailChimp

Bewertet am 3.12.2019
Co-Founder
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, our experience with GetResponse has been very positive. It is critical to segment your marketing tools from your back-end dependencies (MailChimp owns Mandrill!!!) and GetResponse has helped us succeed on that front without negatively impacting the end-user experience.

Vorteile: GetResponse is a quality platform that has been very reliable with the design and delivery of our marketing emails. I really like the way that the emails look when they are delivered, and the level of control that you have over this within the platform. I don't think the User Interface is quite as intuitive as MailChimp, but the quality is just as good, the prices are more competitive, and the customer service is great. Any time I have a question, I can get a member of the GetResponse team in Live Chat to navigate me through it.

Nachteile: The ability to analyze data is severely lacking in GetResponse. MailChimp allowed exports of all email campaign data into Excel so you can manipulate and analyze data as needed, but for whatever reason, GetResponse doesn't do this. It is a very significant shortcoming (which I have also addressed directly with their support team).

This software is not bad.

Bewertet am 15.8.2019
Nick R.
vp
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Besides the server issue, the software is very useful. The training is also excellent to help improve your marketing.

Vorteile: It gives you great templates and products. The analytics are very helpful for tracking your results.

Nachteile: Using for email marketing, we had issues with our open rates getting reduced by 50% or more without change in our usage. After numerous communication with the company, we found out they moved us to a "bad" server/IP address which triggered the recipient inbox spam filters. After several months, the problem was resolved with open rates bouncing back up. They denied being the cause but we have the proof.

Moving the goalposts

Bewertet am 8.1.2020
Ian U.
The Boss
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I will be dropping GetResponse when my current 2 year contract with them comes to an end in August. They have completely changed their pricing structure, and have hugely inflated prices in the 2 years I have been using them. I can keep my current contract with current list size (5,000), but to increase my list size as our business grows means a HUGE jump in price up to the next level.
When I contacted customer support they offered no help. "Yes," they said. "Prices have changed any you are correct, that is what you now have to pay if you want to expand your business."
Do yourself a favour, and don't even start with this goalpost-moving company. Use BirdSend instead.

Vorteile: GetResponse is a fully featured mailing list software which offers a wealth of options. Lots of templates and great automation options too. It really can do it all.

Nachteile: The software is fairly complicated and has quite a steep learning curve, so sometimes it can be difficult to find out how to achieve your goal. There will be a way to do it, but it can take some time to figure it out. However, for the biggest con, see my next answer below...

This is a nightmare of email marketing

Bewertet am 9.8.2019
Head of Marketing
Marktforschung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Not the best software for B2B saas for sure. The only benefit is the price but you loosing much more opportunities with limitations everywhere. I'm so dissatisfied and in search of an alternative solution.

Vorteile: - Good interface design;
- Simple API integration;
- Opportunity to connect landings, forms, and email marketing in one place.

Nachteile: - Very primitive and limited automation workflows ( we were not able to automate the sequence of emails when the tag or action is not assigned to drive better engagement and retention);
- Not convenient reporting (this is always a challenge to analyze results of email marketing and there is no way to connect goal complections from analytics);
- Poor functionality (every time my team face some limitations and it seems that a lot of functionality is on MVP stage);
- Dissatisfied support (you may waste all the day to understand how to fix your issue);
- Forms are not mobile adapted;
- Landings are so limited too and hard to create great CRO design;
- Some data dissapierd or incorrectly showed (usually we see that people click on links which do not exist in the newsletter)
- All the emails go to the promotion section and there is no way to go inbox not to get lost

Drag and drop automation

Bewertet am 5.10.2019
Taufik Y.
Internet marketer
Internet, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Overall is great. Nothing to worried about email automation. Email campaign running as I plan.

Vorteile: GetResponse is easy to use. Just drag and drop button to create full email automation. Can save much time and everything prepared for me to deliver email campaign to my list. One time set up and I can focus to my marketing.

Nachteile: It's better if GetResponse can trace real subscriber(not fake email) on my email list. Sometime I not feel good because open rate is low.

Basic features but good value

Bewertet am 22.10.2019
Elizabeth B.
Digital Marketer

Kommentare: For basic email servuces, GetResponse is helpful and get make reaching out to customers/ clients helpful. If you have a small budget and are limited on design skill, it would be a good option for you.

Vorteile: GetResponse offers a good amount of features for what you pay. Landing pages and email marketing are easy to use and design. Segmenting contacts and the use of sign up sheets really helps keep things organized as well as automatic emails for sign ups. For small businesses or independent creatives, GetReponse would offer good value for your budget. There is a bit of a learning curve but is easy once you get the hang of it.

Nachteile: I wish GetResponse would offer more elements for both email and landing page designs for more flexibility in design. It sometimes will take longer amounts of time to implement a design I want due to having to play around with different features and sizes to get the look I want. More templates would be helpful as well.

My number 1 recommendation for autoresponder (reliable)

Bewertet am 4.10.2019
Eran B.
Eran Bucai
Internet, Selbstständig

Kommentare: My use-case for GetResponse is simple. I need an email autoresponder that is easy to use and sends emails and has good deliverability. This is what GetResponse does best. That is what I recommend people use it for.

Vorteile: I like the fact that it is RELIABLE
I have had trouble with other email autoresponders deliverability
GetResponse does the deliverability job excellent, that's the main value I get from it
It integrates with literally everything else I use
the pricing is decent for the reliability of email deliverability
it has a simple to use autoresponder and newsletter feature
it has 24/7 live support chat and you can get help anytime

Nachteile: Everything else in the software is not the best in my opinion. I do not use its landing page, their webinar feature, sales funnel etc. They have ways to go to catch up to competitors in those departments.

Awesome automations!

Bewertet am 9.9.2019
Sean A.

Kommentare: I'm able to send emails to potential customers that have opted in to turn them into clients.

Vorteile: I connect GetResponse to Clickfunnels so that anytime I have someone opt-in for our value video, the are automatically put into our GetResponse automation. I love this automation because 24/7 it warms up our leads and helps convert them onto a call. I also like how GetResponse has great design capabilities so that whenever we send out an email, we look like a professional company.

Nachteile: I dislike that sometimes emails are filtered out into the promotions section of gmail - which means a lower deliverability rate. This is partially GetResponses fault even though they don't like to admit it.

The BEST around

Bewertet am 12.11.2019
Elena Z.
Coach
Programmentwicklung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I absolutely love the product and especially the service. It has all the features I need and they continue to add more. Their support is second to NONE

Vorteile: I've looked at several other mail marketing companies, this one tops them all

Nachteile: there isn't much I don't like about it. Sometimes It's tough figuring something out but they have one of THE BEST support around

A Lot of Options for the Price

Bewertet am 19.4.2019
Home Inspector
Immobilien, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I use this software with an email list that is around 1200. I send out weekly emails and have two opt ins that I use on a consistent basis. I also use their Android App to track my opens and clicks with every email I send. It makes it easy to determine how I'm doing and explore insights on a regular basis.

Vorteile: I've used this software for the past 3 years, and I could not be happier with the amount of options I have available to me for the cost. There is a lot of room to customize everything in this software. I like that I can completely customize opt in forms to be any size and any design you can dream up. It's really great for branding and staying consistent with your website's design. I have also used their landing pages, which are really simple to format and create in a short amount of time. They are completely customizable and are great if you want to quickly set up an optin without creating a whole website. I use their platform to send out a weekly email. This process is so quick and seamless for me as I can turn any email I've sent in the past into a template. I can simply change the content of each email and send it in a snap. I also love that this software has so many tools integrated into it. I can create an optin and send an automated email as well as filter my subscribers into my main email list. It's nice to have it all in one.

Nachteile: The only complaint I have about this software is that it almost has TOO many options. It can feel a bit overwhelming when you login to know what to do and where to go. I only use a few of the many options because of this. I know what I use on a daily basis and I'm familiar with that, but I don't explore too much as it feels cumbersome to navigate quickly.

Longtime GetResponse User

Bewertet am 3.10.2018
Senior Minister
Internet, Selbstständig

Kommentare: One of the best parts of GetResponse is the customer service. I am one who likes to get on the phone to discuss a problem. But they have it set up where you're routed to a live chat. I was resistant to use this format but everyone I've ever worked with when I've had a problem has been courteous and very, very knowledgeable. Without exception, we've been able to go back and forth on chat and resolve my issue. So, while I do not like live chat, it has worked like a charm for my GetResponse account.

Vorteile: I like having an email service where I can house all my contacts. GetResponse allows me to maintain multiple lists. There are tons of templates where I can compose any kind of email I can imagine. All the emails I've ever sent are maintained as templates that I can re-use or study for their analytics. I can go into sent emails and see who opened which emails and who didn't open them. I pay for the service based on the number of active email addresses I have in the database. And, if anything ever happens to my site or my social media outlets, I always have my list to take with me wherever I go.

Nachteile: I'm not a fan of how they handle their billing. It seems the bill date moves every month. It makes me think I'm paying for 13 months in a calendar year instead of 12. I also don't like how they do their count to determine billing. For example, an email address on 3 separate lists counts as 3 separate contacts. So, you may not have hit their limit for billing with the overall number of addresses you have on file. But, segmenting your lists and having the same email address on multiple lists may put you over your count and move you into a higher billing tier. That may not bother you but for me, I am often scrubbing my lists for inactive email addresses to make sure I'm not paying for someone who never opens my email.s.

GetResponse

Bewertet am 1.4.2019
Thomas C.
Self-Employed
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I use GetResponse to generate leads through the landing pages feature while sending email newsletters to my lists daily. In addition, I use the autoresponder feature to have content and sales emails sent for me so I can spend more time building my business and traffic sources.

Vorteile: I love the ease of use and ability to create a very large backlog of emails quickly. I like to send out daily newsletters to my list and after about a week or so I will go back through and add those emails into an autoresponder that I will use for new leads that haven't been getting the original newsletters. This makes my life so much easier and allows me to spend less time on the platform while getting more done.
In addition, I love the Spam Score feature that helps keep my messages out of the spam folder. If your email is going to spam, your message isn't being heard.

Nachteile: I would like a little more landing page functionality. I find templates either have too much preloaded or not enough. I would like there to be more functionality similar to that of ClickFunnels or even Builderall. If there was further functionality to create sales funnels and take payments through GetResponse I think that will help as well. People like myself want to have everything all in one place for their business. If they can get all they need (landing pages, sales funnels, email marketing, automations) in one place it would make life much easier and GetResponse, in this case, a much more desirable platform.

Small Business, eLearning and Marketing Users must try

Bewertet am 28.8.2018
Janice W.
eLearning Consultant & Food Safety Auditor
Bildungsmanagement, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Get Response is used mainly for landing pages and workflows (aka Funnels). Very very handy and eMail AutoResponders have been implemented easily. You can save templates that you use over and over again and just adjust minor things for different applications or products/services. Love the workflow that has abandoned cart and options of what to do if an email is read or not and waiting time to resend, etc... Always learning more and more as they release following the BETA Test, more amazing features. There is also a Webinar option that I have used. Taught many of my Clients eMail Marketing by using Get Response. It made so much sense to them as many who create eLearning for sale do not realise that they need an automated system of some kind for tracking and selling via auto responders for residual income ROI.

Vorteile: Get Response gave me a very smooth and cohesive introduction to all the elements of email Marketing and Campaign Management. It simplified so many buzz words I have heard for years and is still doing amazing things for my clients too who are new to email marketing and campaign management. Ease of Use and Great UI Extremely useful for Branding your eMail Campaigns.

Nachteile: More tooltip text or hints , like a small hover box with information. Also, clicking on the blue smile is apparently the home key that gets you back to the beginning, that is not clear and a tool tip hover box or some other 'accessibility' method would be useful. Other than that, I really do like Get Response as a mid-range eMail Campaign Management CRM The Webinar did not always work well.

Affordable Premium Solution for E-mail Marketing and Autoresponders

Bewertet am 28.11.2018
Lu wee T.
Founder & Chief Editor
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I use GetResponse for my business site. It's been a great experience so far and I'll continue using it for marketing.

Vorteile: I've been a customer of GetResponse for the last 3 years and I'll continue to be for the foreseeable future for the following reasons: - Great price - GetResponse is a powerful marketing tool with a suite of features that makes it competitive with more expensive solutions out there
- Autoresponders - this is a must-have marketing tool these days. GetResponse's highly-rated autoresponder features were one reason I switched over from another similarly priced tool.
- Easy-to-use designers - This was also one of the features that made me switch over to GetResponse. I simply love the drag-and-drop designing interfaces for forms, emails and landing pages! They make my website look professional.
- Landing pages - This would have cost some extra money if it were not included. While not the most innovative solution out there, it's a nice-to-have alongside the core features.

Nachteile: I've been building my mailing list with the old interface and while a little ugly, was pretty intuitive to use. The new interface is a bit hard to get used to. I love the software, but I hope the new interface becomes easier to use! Also, while GetResponse is great for marketing most products, but it's not yet equipped for heavy e-commerce.

My First love regarding email marketing tools

Bewertet am 21.5.2019
O. kelvin K.
Copywriter
Internet, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Helps me manage my email list in a simple way. I just love Getresponse.

Vorteile: I fell in love with Getresponse because of its simplicity and innovation, when you talk about email marketing you cannot the list won't be complete without Getresponse. Pretty simple and straight forward to use, loads of email and landing page templates to choose from. Deliverabilty is good too, they just keep getting better day by day. I now recommend it to all my clients without fears. Getresponse has proven to be a leader in the industry and I'm happy to be part of it. SIDE NOTE: I recently received my affiliate commissions, about $58, small but it's free money you know. What more can I say? See for yourself.

Nachteile: Price is good, deliverabilty is good too, the only thing I want them to look into is to review accounts thoroughly before making decisions to suspend it.

Good feature set for the price, but clunky to use

Bewertet am 31.1.2019
Kevin M.
E-Learning, Selbstständig

Vorteile: Here are the four things I like most about GetResponse: (1) They are cheaper than competitors with a similar feature set. (2) They have a nice interface for searching subscribers. (3) Their live chat operators respond usually within seconds, and live chat is available 24/7. (4) The stats throughout the application update in nearly real-time as people open and click emails.

Nachteile: I have three main complaints about GetResponse: (1) Most tasks take too many screens and too many clicks to accomplish. The interface could definitely be simpler. (2) The form templates and email templates are cheesy. They are missing simple, well-designed templates. (3) The double opt-in "click to confirm" emails are too slow to arrive. This hurts list growth.

GetReponse makes it so easy to manage our database and we can integrate it with other software

Bewertet am 23.1.2018
Sarah F.
Digital Marketing Supervisor
Fluggesellschaften/Luftfahrt

Kommentare: GetReponse makes it so easy to manage our database, we can integrate it with other facilities such as mail munch and customers can unsubscribe to their choosing without any effort on our part.

Vorteile: GetResponse is an excellent web-based facility which we use to manage multiple emailing lists for various brands. We particularly like the ability to create saved searches, individual campaigns and an easy to manage database. The wysiwyg editor is very good and works very well with our HTML code.

Nachteile: We have occasionally had the odd problem with emails corrupting post send which is not ideal but have found as long as we schedule for a few minutes ahead and then check the preview we can get round this issue.

Affordable Email Marketing

Bewertet am 5.5.2019
Internet, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I've used GetResponse for 5 or 6 years and I've always been happy with it. It didn't take me very long to understand all of the basic features and I've found it to be extremely reliable. It works like it should and I very rarely had any issues at all.

Vorteile: - GetResponse is fairly easy to set up and start using quickly. There's not a big learning curve.
- Priced well. Not extremely cheap, but a good value for what you get.
- Doesn't take much time to maintain. Use templates for your emails so there is not much time needed on an on-going basis.

Nachteile: - Doesn't offer as strong features in terms of automation as some competitors.
- Form creator isn't as strong as it could be.

GetResponse, emails at the right time.

Bewertet am 22.5.2018
Allison S.
Marketing Executive
1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It has benefited me in such a way that I have been able to establish a better correspondence in each email sent, this way I have been attending each client better and sending the necessary information, in the correct time.

Vorteile: The great thing about GetResponse is the fast reception of Emails to all the subscribers to whom each email is sent, the truth is that the reception is processed in a matter of seconds each client has the email in his Email, the truth is that I am very proud of So good features that I've been getting from GetResponse.

Nachteile: The problem of GetResponse is basically the support, I sent a couple of questions a while ago, about 3 months, and the customer service is not so pleasant, because if you do not understand what they are trying to say, you They respond with rudeness and even treat you badly.

GetResponse - One of the best tools for email marketing!

Bewertet am 6.3.2019
Wendy L.
Admin Assistant
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great for email marketing!

Vorteile: First of all, GetResponse offers a free 30-day trial to test them out. Currently, we're using the Pro package and it allows us to manage a big list of emails. Email automation is one of their strengths, setting it up is easy. We can also create forms and landing pages that converts. Making a form or a landing page is a very smooth experience. They have plenty of professional templates to use. Additionally, their pricing is very competitive.

Nachteile: I do not like their new interface, it is cluttered. I wish they could make it simpler.

Quite reliable platform GetResponse.

Bewertet am 8.2.2018
Katherine F.
Head of Sales
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: GetResponse has helped me a lot in my company, because I have been able to create quite simple campaigns in a matter of minutes, send information about registrations, purchases of my company's products and much more, just by providing an Email.

Vorteile: GetResponse is a quite reliable platform, what I like most about this platform is the ease with which you can create an advertising campaign, just with a few simple steps of adding a design and adding the desired text, you will have the campaign ready , the rest does GetResponse automatically!

Nachteile: I do not like GetResponse for Anroi, I think it's a version too outdated and lacks a lot of renewal and more current versions of the web, I would like the creators of GetResponse to dedicate themselves more to improving the App for a better stay.

Nice speed in campaigns and very easy create GetResponse.

Bewertet am 27.2.2018
Vigney T.
51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: GetResponse has been a program of very good advances, and has brought excellent benefits to my company, since each client interested in our services, receives an Email instantly when they enter my campaign.

Vorteile: What I like most about GetResponse is the speed with which this software is handled, when carrying out a campaign, it can be done in a matter of minutes, and send immediate answers to each person who registers with his mail in the campaign, the reception of the sent mail is almost immediate.

Nachteile: I do not like the GetResponse App for mobile phones, because in this application you can only see results of a campaign and modify small adjustments, but you can not create a campaign, I would like this function to be implemented in this application, for a best experience

Great Full Featured Affordable Email Marketing

Bewertet am 30.11.2018
Belinda S.
Creative Director

Kommentare: Of all the email marketing tools we’ve used, and there have been several as many of our clients come on board with their own email marketing accounts already set up, or top choice is GetResponse. We appreciate that it has a lot of features we don't need yet but are looking forward to using as our marketing strategies grow.

Vorteile: It has all the bells and whistles of the large name CRM programs but at a fraction of the price. We can import lists, set up automated email campaigns, create landing pages, and segment and filter the lists. For WordPress users, they just added a landing page plugin that makes it easy to customize the page on your own website.
They make it easy to set up newsletters with the drag and drop tool but advanced users can still create custom letters with HTML. They recently updated the dashboard and I think it a lot more intuitive to find things.
We always appreciate free trials and GetResponse gives you a free 30-day trial with up to 1000 contacts on your list.

Nachteile: I don’t really see any cons with GetResponse at this time. It really is my favorite email marketing program.

A must have tool for small business owners and internet marketer.

Bewertet am 14.3.2019
Abhi A.
CEO & Co_founder

Kommentare: One should give it a try, as compared to other email marketing tool at this price, one should definitely check getresponse. They even have a 30 day trial .

Vorteile: - The one thing that I liked most about Getresponse is its ease of use, I've been using other email marketing tool but getresponse is the best one at a decent price point. - They have excellent customer service, I needed help in my integration with email autoresponder and helped me, really fast. - Autoresponder feature is great with high deliverity, the one thing I liked most about gestreponse is the UI in Autoresponder , you can easily create a flow for sending email sequence.

Nachteile: There is nothing that I can say I didn't like about it.