Beautiful Proposals Made Easy!

Bewertet am 28.12.2019
Shade O.
Business Owner
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Overall, it is a really great software! If you're looking to create beautiful proposals that impress clients in timely manner, Better Proposals definitely comes through!

Vorteile: The template-rich platform makes it super easy to select a template and tweak it for our own individual use-case. It's like someone has done the research as to what you need in a particular proposal and all you have to do is go in and make a few changes to customize it to your particular case. Also, all the proposals are beautiful and easy to navigate by the clients. Clients are always impressed when they view a proposal from Better Proposals!

Nachteile: I didn't really like the fact that Zapier integration is only reserved for their higher plans. To me that is somewhat restrictive for those on the lower paid plan as the sooner automation is a part of one's workflow - the better! To reserve that only for the higher paid plans to me doesn't make much sense.

Great Software for Online Proposals

Bewertet am 3.12.2019
Tom S.
Internet, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Once you have set everything up you can push out proposals in a very short period of time that wow your future clients.

Vorteile: The templates make it very easy to create beautiful proposals in a very short period of time. They look good on desktop as well as mobile. Owner often pushes out updates and also gives good tips on how to make proposals better based on data he gathers.

Nachteile: Design-Wise you don't have a huge amount of blocks at your disposal, but it is more than enough actually to not get lost in too much design and focus on the content of your proposal.

Absolutely brilliant for proposals, sign-offs and contracts

Bewertet am 18.9.2019
Nik K.

Kommentare: Better Proposals makes me look like a serious pro to my clients and acts as a touchstone throughout the projects we work on. They sign a contract that appears to be loading from my website and then see the same format again as they sign off on milestones and eventually close off a job. I missed out on the AppSumo deal but honestly it's well worth the money I spend on it each month. Top tip - get your templates all set up so you can bang proposals and documents out quickly. Then you'll really feel the power of it.

Vorteile: I absolutely love the activity tracking on proposals - I've avoided several misunderstandings by spotting that new customers hadn't read important parts of their proposals and was able to gently ask, "and everything was OK with the payment terms/timeline/bit where you promised to write amazing website content yourself?" and draw their attention back to it. The marketplace of templates is fantastic too, though I still need to re-write things in my own tone and for my own company's use cases.

Nachteile: I can't think of much to dislike. I do sometimes find the pricing tables a little fiddly but that's because they made them a lot more flexible for us. It's still a million times easier than any other way I can think of doing it.

Not recommended terrible customer service

Bewertet am 18.1.2019
Samantha G.
Grafikdesign, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The software was good and perhaps they will improve their crashing issues. Even if they did how I was treated was very unethical when I simply addressed valid issues originally in private. Utterly disgusted. I am happy to provide screenshots and emails to verify my claims and validity. I also have charges from my bank. I feel businesses like this should be exposed. I also have messages from others who messaged me regarding their experience. They would not address my issue so I was going to go to my bank. The CEO threatened me and also told me to stop posting on social media. Such an aweful experience.

Vorteile: It was very good at first and I even referred other paying customers.

Nachteile: They recently had a crash that caused major issues. In general there were problems but you learn to just give it a try for awhile. I feel management is very unethical on how they handle consumer relations and would not originally address the issue until I complained to go to my bank. I also felt as a consumer I was treated with discrimination and racism.

von Better Proposals an 21.1.2019

Just to add a little non-emotional clarity to this situation. Samantha contacted support and asked for help. The CTO responded because it was late at night and everyone had finished. She gave the answer twice and was told it was "too generic". Samantha then threatened do issue chargebacks and demanded a refund. I (Adam, CEO) took over and said she could have the help she wanted or the refund she's demanded. She continued to react emotionally and was rude and ultimately wasn't listening so we made the decision to refund her everything she's ever paid us and give her a free month to switch to another platform.

She wasn't affected by any outage at all.

It's a shame both parties have had this experience. Not everyone is a fit for every company and that's evident here. I hope she finds happiness.

Adam

Proposals I would have never done right myself

Bewertet am 31.12.2019
Brent R.
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Better Proposals improved a process that I didn't even know I could improve. I never really used formal proposals before because it was a pain to do a nice one. But Better Proposals introduced me to some new ideas I could use, and potential clients love them!

Vorteile: I love how Better Proposals can literally put you in a different level than competitors. Most businesses don't put a lot of thought into their proposals, and most companies don't do anything interactive with their proposals. But Better Proposals gives you high quality designs, and lets you insert amazing widgets into your proposals, like interactive pricing tables, payments, live chat, and signatures. And you can do it fast with the great template features.

Nachteile: I don't like how some of the features are locked behind some higher plans. Not that they are super expensive, but I would have preferred to see plans based mostly on the number of proposals instead of locking important features away. There are a couple of things that I think MOST people will want to do with their proposals, like Zapier integration, that should be included. Regardless, these are a small number of features that are limited, so it's not a deal breaker.

Best Proposal Software Available

Bewertet am 29.11.2019
Jeremy H.
Onlinemedien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Excellent. I have used it for dozens and dozens of proposals to clients and it is the fastest, easiest way to get a contract signed.

Vorteile: Better Proposals gives me a way to easily create proposals for clients in any number of categories. They are always adding functionality and I use it all the time for new clients.

Nachteile: I have had it for a couple years, even back at the start it was solid. Nothing really comes to mind right now, especially with all the stuff they continue to add.

Product name speaks for itself

Bewertet am 30.4.2019
Website Developer, Graphic Artist & Social Media Manager

Kommentare: My overall experience so far is a truly positive one. Will be considering staying on with their starter package after my trial as I believe this platform provides an advantage over competitors in proposal writing. The pricing is also reasonable and greatly justified by the value provided by the product.

Vorteile: I generally dislike this aspect of the business in both industries within my areas of expertise which are website development and graphic design, however, with Better Proposals I find that it removes that bitter taste when thinking of preparing a proposal or contract. Simple, clean, user friendly interface. Convenient integrations such as CRM and Live Chat. The templates are beautifully designed and gives that professional look and feel that can wow clients. It stands out from the basic templates you'd find elsewhere on the internet.

Nachteile: As I'm currently only running this on Free trial for a limited time, I have yet to come across any cons.

Must-have for web designers!

Bewertet am 13.10.2019
Hayden L.
Owner/Operator
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Really like it. It allows me to spend more time on the projects I want to work on, instead of spending half the day writing proposals.

Vorteile: I love how much it makes my job easier! The two most common projects I have to write a proposal for are website builds, and logo/branding packages. Which are NOT quick to write up, as there are so many line items and details to cover. This software makes this part of my job a lot easier.

Nachteile: There's a bit of a learning curve, and the price is higher than me just going into Google Docs or Creative Cloud (a package I'm paying for anyway) - but I think it's worth the extra money for a unique, task-specific tool like this.

Beautiful Professional Proposals

Bewertet am 23.7.2019
Freelancer
Internet, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I no longer stress about proposals. Better Proposals has made things so simple from setup to acceptance and payment. I feel more confident each time I send a proposal and my increased sales show it.

Vorteile: Better Proposals is fantastic! There are so many different templates for any kind of proposal you would need. It walks you through every step of setting it up and makes everything so simple. I especially like that it accepts electronic signatures and allows payment directly from the document. The tracking of the document as to whether it has been opened, read and signed is a big plus too.

Nachteile: There's not much I can say for what I don't like. Better Proposals has been a time saver, increased my closed deals and is affordable.

Saved me so much time

Bewertet am 9.8.2019
Jason L.
Managing Director

Kommentare: I put off using proposal template software because I never have enough time for new software learning curves. In this instance, I was totally wrong. In the time it took to edit my previous presentations, I could edit the pre-made one by Better Proposals and get something far more professional. Browsing the other templates, I can see that I'll actually be saving a lot of time writing copy. Unlike some lorem ipsum or irrelevant templates around, the ones at Better Proposals are up to date and well written.

Vorteile: It's really user-friendly, at least as simple as using Word, Pages or Wordpress. The best thing was to find lots of pre-made templates that matched my business offerings. So, not only did I get a sharp design, but I saved days of writing copy since it was around a 70% match to what I'd say anyway.

Nachteile: No real issues, I found a couple of buttons that didn't work properly. I had to move the cursor a little for the button to activate. (Not sure if that was browser problem though).

Hands Down the ABSOLUTE BEST PROPOSAL SOFTWARE, period.

Bewertet am 11.9.2018
Lenny M.
Video Producer | Media Director

Kommentare: Excellent! The creators of this software really care about their customers, understand video production which is a plus for us considering it's what we do, and the few hiccups we've had with their software we're quickly addressed. Buy it! You won't regret it.

Vorteile: I like how once a template is created, customization becomes incredibly easy to the point where the end client feels as if you've invested all this time in customization, when it only took a few minutes. It's not immediate, but that has more to do with me being a perfectionist than the software. I also like how I get INSTANTLY notified by email when someone is reading the proposal and to what extent. If they view one page for 20 seconds, I know I have more work to do with that lead. Excellent software.

Nachteile: That you, on the initial email have to send it through their system. I'd like to have the option of manually sending the traceable link so I can throw it into bitly and shorten it, but maybe there is a workaround I simply have not explored enough yet.

This software will position you ahead of your competition and win you more business

Bewertet am 22.3.2018
Mark P.

Kommentare: Can't think of any, seriously. They've nailed the whole package and are improving constantly, based on what their customers are requesting and need to win more business. A genuine company that cares about getting results for their customers.

Vorteile: Presenting proposals online like this, especially if you are in the technology space, puts you head and shoulders above the competition. If you're talking about latest technologies, best practices and innovation in your pitch, delivering your proposal in this online format demonstrates you walk the talk. Usability of the software itself is child's play. Features being added and improved constantly. And the best thing of all SUPPORT IS INCREDIBLE!! They are on it. Big time. They really do care about serving us and providing the best tool possible to help us win more deals and achieve success. They are welcoming, reply to any question very quickly (almost immediately in office hours) and they not only listen to what their customers are saying/feeding back on, they implement these requests, too. If you're in two minds, seriously, don't give it another thought. This will change how you do business for the better, help position you above the competition, and most importantly, help you win more business! Well done chaps. Loving your work. Keep on keeping on.

Effective and easy to use proposal system,

Bewertet am 1.5.2018
James H.

Vorteile: The best features about this product is that its easy to use, and comes with a great range of templates for any scenario so you can start building and customising your online proposal. The features like taking payment are great, along with buying able track potential clients is really handy. The support from the team via the chat is great as well, I have found the team at Better Proposal to be super helpful in getting us setup. Also like the feature to be able to white label (mask) the domain name so all our proposal look like they are developed from our site. The customisation is great in what you can do, and being able to save containers and pages for future proposals is very handy. We have been able to reduce our time on getting a proposal out now which is resulting in more conversations.

Nachteile: There could be some a bells and whistles, but the basics to what you need are in place. Would love to be able to customise the font to select any of the google fonts, but it's not a deal breaker.

BetterProposals has changed how I sell my services - for the better.

Bewertet am 12.4.2018
Seth O.
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: A 36% conversion rate and improving!

Vorteile: I love the ease of use of this platform. I set up a template for each of my services. Then, once I've had an initial phone call with a prospective client, I send the proposal. It details all of the services in a beautiful way and really helps me show, not tell, the value of my services.

Nachteile: The design experience is so easy to use that it lacks some flexibility I wish for. Also, some of the integrations can be harder to setup - It'd be great to have more of the "add-ons" available to the base subscription.

Easy, Intuitive, Effective

Bewertet am 12.5.2018
Brett W.
Lead Developer

Kommentare: Saves time, looks professional, gives me information as to how clients read the proposals so I can refine them and make them even more effective!

Vorteile: This tool has been not only a time saver for me, but an absolute game changer as to how I prepare and share proposals with existing and prospective clients. Not only has it made my life easier, but my clients and prospective clients are impressed with how professional the proposals look! I also really enjoy the tracking features and getting notified when my proposals are opened and read through. As someone who freelances, spending less time on administrative tasks and more time doing what I do best is always a plus for me!

Nachteile: As much as I've used this for making proposals for website development, I have delved into the application as much as I should, so it's hard for me to give any valid cons or constructive criticism since it does everything I need it to do without me having to explore every nook and cranny of the platform.

Game changing proposal tool...

Bewertet am 14.6.2018
James s. Y.
President & Founder

Kommentare: Live tracking, immediate payments, ease of preparation.

Vorteile: I used to prep my proposals as PDFs and then mail them off to clients. Now I create everything in Better Proposals, which means I can reuse templates super easily, add pages without worrying about formatting, accept payment *as soon as a client clicks accept* right from within the document (game changing), host the proposal on my domain, and get real-time viewing stats so I know if they've actually read it and if so, which parts and for how long. Don't even think about it - just get this tool now. Period.

Nachteile: I've had issues with incompatibility on Chrome because of my other plugins and extensions that I'm running. The easy workaround I found was to just use the service with Firefox, where I have almost no extras in use within the browser.

Highly recommend - the product keeps getting better and better

Bewertet am 10.8.2018
Margaret O.

Kommentare: Wasn't incredible at the time I purchased, but was good enough. Thinking the developer would leave the product as it was, I was happy enough.
Delighted to have been wrong.
The developer has continued to add functionality to the system, as well as continuing to enhance the pre-existing features. They're also branching out into new areas, allowing me to better manage a variety of customer documents I use.
Love it.

Vorteile: Initially I was looking for a simple way to standardise and streamline proposals. An online format is what I wanted most, and this one allowed me to make my proposals be on my own domain. This product seemed the best value for money.

Nachteile: Would like a little more formatting / customising ability. But TBH what's there now works.

My favorite Proposal and Contract Software

Bewertet am 14.12.2018
William B.
CEO, Executive Producer, Director, & On-Camera
Unterhaltung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Amazing experience with the software, and easy for my staff to use even if they aren’t tech savvy.

Vorteile: The CEO called me in the beginning to help me get going the right way... Great personalized staff!!! And any features they didn’t have when I started using it, they’ve added since then.

Nachteile: It only allows the client to e-sign... sometimes we need two signatures or more. I’d like that feature to be added.

Beautiful, clean proposals that I can organize and track.

Bewertet am 29.5.2018
Chuck B.
Director of Web Services and Digital Marketing Strategist:

Kommentare: Quicker deployment of proposals. Ability to organize and track everything. Just being able to create different proposal templates and pull them out as I need them has cut down tremendously on my time.

Vorteile: I'm no longer a slave to the formatting restrictions of a Word doc. I can make my proposals as attractive and image intensive as a website. I love being able to create and organize templates and images that I can quickly grab and customize. I love the way they look on a mobile device as well (fully responsive). There is also a certain Cool factor about sending proposals electronically where the client can sign off without having to print and fax or scan. I also love being able to track what my prospects are looking at real time. It's also fun watching my revenue increase as my prospects become clients. Customer support is actually very good despite difference in time zones. I'm spoiled. I can never go back to creating Word Doc proposals.

Nachteile: Would love to be able to see thumbnails of my stored images so I can quickly re-use them. Also I'd love to be able to send a secure form so I can get client information to set up their accounts and collect credit card info electronically to use off-line. Just my personal wish-list not really a con.

This is a quick way to create stunning proposals that will wow and convert your prospects.

Bewertet am 18.4.2018
Managing Director

Kommentare: Increased conversions and improved tracking of proposals to be able to make timely follow ups to close a deal.

Vorteile: Tracking that a proposal has been received and read.
The speed of creating proposals once you've modified one of the many pre-done templates.
The impressed responses from prospective clients who are wowwed by how good they look.

Nachteile: Text editing is a little fiddly at times and using the delete key often makes the browser go back a page rather than delete the text.
Would be nice to see support for video on the cover and in the proposal content.

This is the software I credit for improving my business and growing sales

Bewertet am 27.10.2018
Gordon H.
Managing Director

Vorteile: Before using Better Proposals, I would simply use Word or email for my proposals. Then I came across this software and it changed things dramatically for me. it did this in two ways. 1) Their proposal software made me look so much more professional the previously. My closing ration prior to this software was at around 50% (pretty good I thought). Through using Better Proposals it has now risen to 80%!! Why? I can only imagine that the client thinks "blimey, this is good... therefore they must be good".
2) However, indirectly it's done something else... it's made me up my game. Because of better tools at my disposal, I'm looking at better quality clients. Whether there's less competition in this field I don't know, but my prices have risen and in turn, I can produce better work because I have more time to spend on each client.
In short, its a tool I would highly recommend.

Nachteile: I've got nothing bad to say about this software. I'm really happy with it.

Perfect for those who are too busy

Bewertet am 5.8.2016
Shandre D.
Senior Branch administrator
Versicherung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Due to my busy schedule it helped me know that everything was taken care of. the fact that what I see before me is what a client will also see, this is crucial. if I am on the go I can use my cell phone and do not have to be in front of a laptop or computer. I can access it any time and anywhere.

Vorteile: The fact that it is so user friendly and the simplicity of it.

Nachteile: Nothing

Best piece of software ever!

Bewertet am 4.8.2016
Samantha H.
2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: After many years of sending off proposals, begging for it to be signed and returned to only then be lost in the pile of further T&C's, Business Automation has saved our process. Easy to use, controlled and well managed, the best software we have used to date.

Vorteile: It's incredibly easy to use.
Looks great.
Affordable
Can add as many user as I want - BONUS!

Brilliant Saas - couldn't do without it.

Bewertet am 5.5.2018
Freelance Web Developer

Vorteile: Better Proposals is really easy to use. It just works well and gives me a great selection of templates and previous proposals to choose from. It looks amazing and their new PDF export feature is just sublime. Most clients like to print out a proposal to take it to a board meeting and it means that when they do, my proposal will look really good. Clean, easy to read and impressive.

Nachteile: I would like there to be more control over custom fields / merge tags in the templates. There are a few, like Company name etc, but it would be great to be able to do more with this and setup custom fields to use across all proposals.

Polished presentation!

Bewertet am 13.12.2018
Imisa S.
Career & Transition Coach
Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Great program. Saves me time (therefore money). Elevates the presentation to my clients.

Vorteile: Wow- moving on up from a basic PDF proposal. This lets you customize​, add images, graphics, etc. There are multi-page​ proposals and they keep improving so it is easier to develop professional proposals quickly. I am able to include all the legal "stuff" to make sure it is all set and signed before I​ work with anyone.

Nachteile: I occasionally end up changing the ​font with a wrong click and then can't get back easily. User error, but I have done it several times... so something is pretty easy to hit accidentally!