Gesture Bewertungen

Amazing Product

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 9.1.2019
Brandi G.
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Most of our donors and guests loved the new aspect of our Auction, including switching to mobile bidding/checking in and out. Instead of the previous years of pen and paper bidding. There were only a few people that preferred the old method and just couldn't seem to get on bored. People were concerned that guests would be on their phones all night and no one would be interacting but it was quite the opposite. People had more time to mingle not having to go back and check the paper bid sheets since there were none.

Vorteile: We were looking for an affordable and easy to use mobile bidding auction program and this one did not disappoint. The company sends a representative to the auction to basically be the point person and fix anything that might come up and help with check in, entering data, etc. They show up early and stay through the event. They bring tablets that are easy to use for our volunteers and staff.
Entering items and bidders is easy and functional. Your event can go live as soon as you'd like it to so that even donors that can't attend the night of, can bid on items. This increases revenue tremendously. They also helped us with not having small items but focusing on larger items of value and only having around 100-150 silent items. The colorful pictures and descriptions are easy to view on mobile devices. And if guests don't have a smart phone, we can help them bid on our tablets.
Guests receive notification of being outbid, but you can add am amount you are willing to pay and Gesture will continue bidding on your behalf until the amount is reached.
Guests are also able to check out from their device, so it makes check out a lot faster and smoother.
It is a lot easier to collect on balances as well because we collect credit card information before the event.
Guests received notification of being outbid, but you can add am amount you are willing to pay and Gesture will continue bidding on your behalf until the amount is reached.

Nachteile: If the tablets go down at check in, it pretty much puts everything at a stand still. Even though the tablets run without wi-fi. There are certain aspects that have to be changed or updated only by Gesture, we can't do it ourselves. Such as adding the individuals who receive notification of a payment or donation from the event. But they are usually quick about their customer service.

Gesture is the real deal for mobile fundraising; intuitive to use, with great customer support.

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 14.11.2017
Anne S.
Development Manager

Vorteile: The software is intuitive to use and streamlines so many of the processes that eat up your time when you have to do them manually; we eliminated so many Excel spreadsheets, thanks to everything being easily captured, managed, and tracked right within the software - from auction packages to ticket sales to even the seating and meal requests. Beyond the software, Gesture's customer service was incredible; from the initial sales call all the way through to the event itself, every single Gesture representative we worked with was attentive, helpful, and genuinely interested in helping us have a successful event - which we did. In just the 48 hours since the event concluded, I've received multiple compliments from guests who expressed how "smooth" the night ran and how "seamless" their experience was, from check-in to bidding on auction packages to purchasing raffle tickets to checking out when they won auction packages. We will definitely be using Gesture again, for next year's event!

Nachteile: Since our event is coordinated by a mix of paid staff and volunteers, it would be helpful to have an administrative access level in Gesture that is "view only" - currently, it's all (full admin rights) or nothing. It would also be helpful if raffle winners could be "drawn" right in the software, rather than needing to use a random number generator on a third party site.

The software is easy to use and provides a seamless experience for our staff and event guests.

Annie P.
Manager of Special Events & Annual Giving

Vorteile: The software is easy to use. It's intuitive and easy to navigate. It makes my job as an event manager much easier. Adding auction items, auction close out, and financial reporting are a breeze. It is also a smooth process for our guests. Bidding on auction items or making a donation is very easy for them, which means more donations for our cause. We set up our auction online in advance of the event. This gives guests an opportunity to start bidding on silent items, and become familiar with live auction items. All of this leads to more revenue to support our mission. I also appreciate the ability to customize our site so it looks like us. This creates a cohesive experience for our guests and helps us put our brand front and center. As a site administrator, I love the ability to download the generated auction sheets. This is a huge time saver. We also download the receipts and send to guests with a thank you letter after the event. It calculates the tax deductibility automatically on the receipt which is an essential feature.

Nachteile: There are a few custom queries/reports I would like which are not currently offered. It can be confusing as an admin to see clearly what funds have been paid and not paid. However, the staff are great and have helped me figure things out. They even created a custom report for me.

Excellent customer service and product was perfect for our 250 person fundraiser!

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 10.5.2018
Allison P.
Co-Chair of Fundraising Event

Kommentare: Streamlined auction process before, during and after event. We went "paperless" and didn't have to fuss with paper bidding forms and associated headaches. We raised more than $10,000 more than we ever raised before using an online bidding system. We look forward to using again next year!

Vorteile: Very easy to navigate the dashboard to build fundraising website and to upload pictures and descriptions of auction items. Bidders loved how easy it was to register for the silent auction, and we benefitted greatly from launching the website and opening the auction prior to the event. There were many easy tutorials for our volunteers to watch so that they could get comfortable with the online bidding system, and they were well equipped to handle questions from guests. We benefitted greatly from having an onsite specialist with us at the event. She was extremely professional, smart, highly capable and knowledgeable about the software, and she worked nimbly and confidently throughout the night to answer any questions and even offered suggestions that contributed significantly to the success of our auction - and on top of that, she was very enjoyable to be with! After the event, we were able to easily close our books and to process all payments (a significant improvement from many years of dealing with cash and checks and tracking down payments) and to run reports providing incredible data for us to review and learn from.

Nachteile: I cannot think of anything to improve this software. It was perfect for our event - simple to use and very geared toward serving a volunteer-based event!

Amazing event support

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 3.5.2019
Development and Marketing Manager
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: GiveSmart provides much needed day of event support as well as an easy to use interface for auction bidding. Reporting has helped ease the closeout process and assure everyone receives their items and we receive payment. They send continuous follow-up to donors for payment post event. You also have access to crowdfunding for 6 months after your event has ended.

Vorteile: Easily create auction website to link to your website. Bidders receive texts when they have been outbidded. You are able to create endless silent and live auction items for your page. Event support is so responsive and you are able to customize your support needs for in state and out of state events. Their team arrive to your event with ipads to complete donor bidder profiles on site. They will come to your booth in exhibit hall and encourage people to register for bidding. They are super friendly and outgoing and are great as live auction spotters. They raise far more than their cost and double our giving. You are able to even enter in different pledge amounts as donation items on the auction site.

Nachteile: They are a little costly however it's worth it for a smooth, successful event. I do wish the website was a little more attractive and grouped the silent and live items together. The items appear kind of small and cramped together.

HIGHLY satisfied customer for over 5 years now. Amazing customer support!

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 11.5.2018
Kenneth M.
Chief Operating Officer
Militär

Kommentare: Nearly full event management by using this software.

Vorteile: Easy to use, customize and edit and update. Features offered have improved each year we have contracted with Givesmart. "One stop shopping" for event and auction management. We have utilized more features each year. What started as just utilizing auction management capability with limited effort into making the online auction site attractive has evolved to guest ticketing, table assignments, a highly customized auction site that reflects the event theme and with real time auction progress and bids scrolling on large screen ad televisions throughout the event venue to increase people's competitive bidding nature. After action information has been vital to determining what auction items had the most interests and highest profit margin. Has enabled us to better focus solicitation efforts for the next year.

Nachteile: Really very few cons for the software. Only limitation observed was limited printing options for auction item description for printing on card stock. There needs to be several options for the size and information/photo of the descriptive card tents.

Gesture offers excellent professional software with outstanding customer service.

Crystal P.
Principal

Vorteile: Gesture's software is user-friendly, fun to utilize and has a clean, professional look. I thoroughly appreciate Gesture's frequent software updates. They are continuously in search of even better ways to improve upon the customer experience, which they communicate through their Gesture Innovation Center emails. I believe that they value customer opinions and implement suggestions, accordingly. As an event planner, other companies often approach me, but none offer the experience Gesture has given my clients over the years. Our account manager, Allie Erickson is on top of our every need, patient, accessible, friendly and helpful. Our on-site manager is thoughtful, communicative, professional and kind. The Gesture team is trustworthy, diligent and fully dedicated to their customers. Every year, our attendees highly rate Gesture in our post-event survey. We have remained loyal to Gesture for many years and will continue for many more to come.

Nachteile: I would like to remain logged onto the system longer, but I understand that the system logs me off for security purposes. I really don't have any complaints.

Worth the investment to skyrocket your event fundraising!

Meghan G.
Manager of Auxiliaries + Volunteer Leadership
Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Ultimately, it has very clear ROI for the agency. The transition from paper building to mobile has drastically increased our pre-event and day of event fundraising. My favorite part about the software is the increase in funds collected the night of the event. It was incredibly unfortunately how much staff time we had to dedicate post event to collecting money, for many of our events we not have 100% funds collected the night of the event, which frees our staff up to focus on thanking donors. Lastly, the interface is very easy to understand and navigate. We have a number of events that have more mature attendees, who were skeptical when we began to make the transition from paper to electronic. After one use they all required we use the technology at future events. This is also a credit to the Gesture onsite staff who really meet the attendees where they are at and give extra attention when needed!

Nachteile: I guess my comments would be both a pro and a con. The fact that Gesture is constantly evolving and improving the technology it can sometimes be hard to keep up with all of the current offerings and capabilities as a client. This is one of many vendors you work with so it can be hard to keep yourself educated. Although, this is when you really rely on your account manager to relay this information to you, which our, representtaive, does a wonderful job.

I think the staff at Gesture are wonderful!

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 2.11.2017
Heather D.
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: During this first year in using the software, I saw the additional benefit of securing bids in advance of opening the auction. This started us out thousands of dollars ahead of where we would have traditionally began at the event.

Vorteile: I love the ability to add photos, descriptions, bid, buy it now pricing, and much more all in a single entry of an item. I also really like the ease in which bidders can participate, get alerts, and have knowledge of their purchases. Finally, the added bonus of a PR team to work with was an extra perk I was not expecting!

Nachteile: There are certain gaps in the software we have discovered such as: Nowhere to record solicitors such as staff, committee, or Board member who was responsible for bringing in the item; Nowhere to record an individual's name associated with a company in donor details; Nowhere to record details for pledged item, such as when it will be delivered, staff pick-up needs, etc.; Need to have ability to check box if donor has already received thank you for their contributions (such as when it went unsold at a past event and is being used again); Non-transferrable input from one event to another such as donor information. I also have major concerns over the software abilities to capture donations during the ask. There is simply no way to ensure those that raise their hands, are actually hitting the button to donate that is texted to them.

von Gesture an 3.11.2017

Heather, Thank you so much for the review! We love working with the National MS team!

I'm sure your account manager will touchbase on a couple of the software items you mentioned, but we are excited to let you know that the ability to record an individual's name associated with a company in donor details, and the ability to transfer donor information between campaigns/events have recently been addressed and we can do a quick demo of those items. We've also logged your other notes for the development team, as you know, we are always looking for new ways to improve the software and greatly appreciate your feedback. We look forward to many more National MS events!

My experience with the gesture site was easy, worry and stress free.

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 8.12.2017
Programs and Development Intern Best Buddies North Carolina
201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I had a wonderful experience with this software. I found it was easy to make my own auction site.

Vorteile: The gesture software is very easy to learn. I am new to the website and it only took me about an hour to figure everything out. Everything is pretty self explanatory. I had to create an auction site for a silent and live auction. Adding each item came with ease. When you go to add an item each section is categorized telling you exactly what information to put in. I also found it very easy to go back and change things if I had made a mistake. The site is easy for others to use and view the auction items I posted. I felt that the crowd we were trying to attract was the older generation of people and this site allowed them to have the ability to see each item without complication. I really liked that the software told you who was watching certain items. It was easy to generate an item sheet in order to print them out and post them for our auction.

Nachteile: I think my least favorite thing about this software is trying to figure out when someone bids higher than you and who it is. I found that I had trouble when I bid on an item. My friend and I really wanted an item and we kept out bidding each other but didn't realize we were the only two bidding. I wish it would tell you who is bidding against yo.

Good event fundraising and mobile bidding solution

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 14.12.2018
Marketing Project Manager
Hausmeisterservice, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Good overall experience, we will use them again next year. Custom service for the software is very responsive. Most of the people they send to the event are very polite and professional, but we have had a couple of people that have not been the best at representing our organization.

Vorteile: We have used this software for two years now for our annual charity golf outing. It's a fantastic tool for mobile bidding at auctions and overall "day-of-event" fundraising. Easy to use and navigate. In addition to the software, you get actual people that run the software the day of the event.

Nachteile: One challenge I have found is that the information from last year's event doesn't carry over to the next year. Since we typically get a lot of the same donors, I have to re-enter donors from scratch instead of having the system "remember" them from last year.

von GiveSmart an 18.12.2018

Thank you for the positive review of GiveSmart! We greatly appreciate all of your feedback. Good news is that you are able to transfer the information from your previous event to your next year. The only information that would not be available is the actual credit card information, for obvious reasons we would want to keep that secure. Please connect with your Account Manager and they will happily help you do this for the next event!

Great company, easy to use, lots of great features!

Karen H.
Gala Chairman

Kommentare: I have been able to generate reports that I need for sharing with my committee and for tax letters. Also, the on-line bidding system is a favorite of our guests. I love the messaging too. It allows me to send messages to my guests pre, during, and post event.

Vorteile: I love that you can generate reports (I use Excel) with information you need for money raised on tickets-silent-live-raffle items, $ raised by donor, FMV vs what was donated for tax purposes, and the list goes on. The spreadsheets can be sorted as you like for your purposes. I also like the messaging. You can send out text messages to your guests for reminders like auction open for bidding, parking, auction closing, links to photos post event, etc. You can also generate tax letters from the site. A lot of great features!

Nachteile: The only thing I wish it could do is generate tax letters for each guest separately. If you need to make a change for one guest, you have to generate all letters as they go into a single PDF file. You can't just generate them for one guest. Not a major problem, just wish it was a feature. Overall it is a great system!

von Gesture an 5.11.2017

Karen -

Thank you for the wonderful feedback! We will let our development team know of your suggestion! We love working with Folds of Honor Chicago and look forward to many more incredible events!

BEST ONLINE AUCTION RESOURCE OUT THERE

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 18.12.2018
Kenneth M.
COO
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Cannot sing their praises more. If you want to go with a group that honestly cares about wanting to make your event a success, use GiveSmart.

Vorteile: Customer service is INCREDIBLE. The organizations has utilized GiveSmart for 4 years and has never had an issue. When they assign an event representative to you, you can be assured that any question you may have in setting up the auction site or any technical problems that you may have will be resolved immediately by the assigned rep or they will ensure that they find the right person to correct the issue or answer the question if they cannot immediately help. In addition to the auction management, their pacakge allows for FULL event management; everything from

Nachteile: Cost of using the service would be the only negative, and not really a negative because their costs are actually lower than some other options that the organization looked into.

Gesture use for our annaul Gala

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 16.8.2017
Angel Q.
Sr. Data Specialist
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Aside from the comprehensive report, everything else with gestures was fairly simple and easy to use. The staff from gestures that helped during the event was knowledgeable and able to help and respond quickly and effectively during the event went on which made it less chaotic feeling for us.

Vorteile: I love that gesture was easy for our guests to use at our gala. We used it for check in and the process was simple and easy to understand for our volunteers at registration to find info. We used it for our silent auction and guests were able to see the items from their phones and bid very easily and they received notices when they were outbid or when they won. We used it for general donations, selling centerpieces, and checkout. Overall pretty easy to use during the event.

Nachteile: During the check in process we were unable to search by table number which would have been helpful because sometimes we are asked who is sitting at a certain table and it would be nice to look up by table. Also after the event we needed specific reports to be able to input all of the money we received and record all of the info and gestures did not yet have one comprehensive report to give us what we needed, instead I had to modify and combine several reports to make it work for our needs.

We've enjoyed working with Gesture, the customer service is outstanding and the site is easy to use!

Emily G.
Event Manager
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Ease of ticket sales and managing all of our fundraising items including silent auction, games, and donations.

Vorteile: The site is easy to navigate, the customer service is friendly and attentive, we like the different features like being able to text guests at the event, the site is clean and modern looking, being able to insert sponsor ads throughout the page is great, and the onsite coordinators were a life saver! We also enjoyed the categories options for items and the ease of creating and managing the tickets portal.

Nachteile: Some of the features like not being able to manage donations made pre-event and the donation thermometer is lack luster. We went from doing a paddle raise to doing all mobile donations and did not feel the thermometer display was as exciting or captured the attention of guests. We did not realize until the night of the event that in order to show progress in the thermometer we had to keep refreshing the page. Just not what we were expecting.

Gesture helped to organize our large event planning and provided great customer service.

Mary D.
Assistant Executive Director
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have recommended this product to quite a few non profits for the ease of use and the fact that it combines several event planning tasks into one platform.

Vorteile: The software allowed us to get rid of excel sheets and a separate ticketing vendor. We like the auction capabilities and simplicity of use. We like that Gesture makes enhancements and improvements based on user feedback. We like the ability to use the helpdesk chat function when we have a question. We like the dashboard and reports. Unrelated to software , but a nice customer service perk is that you have a rep designated to you.

Nachteile: A few improvements can be made (as with any software) and when I suggest them, they are escalated.
I have been very pleased over the years and plan to continue to use Gesture.

Such an upgrade from doing an auction on paper. Can't believe we waited so long to make the switch.

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 22.5.2018
Ben S.
Director of Institutional Giving
Kunst & Handwerk, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Ease of use and real time results. Also having GiveSmart employees at the event.

Vorteile: Having used this 3 years now, I appreciate being able to access previous years' info and descriptions. The reporting functionality is fantastic and I love being able to see results in real time.

Nachteile: 1. I wish we could have several screens for the same item. Silent Auction packages are sometimes made up of a few items and it would be nice to showcase those items visually on more than one available page.
2. Similarly, the automated process of creating table tents/placards for your project is not ideal. The available space for an image is too small, as is font size. You don't want people squinting at your package descriptions.

The technology allows us to run great auctions and easy registration.

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 14.5.2018
Judi S.
Director of Special Events

Vorteile: It makes every aspect of running the inside logistics so much easier. Auctions raise more money, texting keeps all communications flowing and ultimately drives revenue.

Nachteile: There's still some room to grow and some features that can be implemented that would be so helpful.

Software is easy to learn and use. My team felt good support. Dashboard is very motivating

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 30.10.2017
Monica C.
Executive Director
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great tracking of donors and donations; an easy and effective platform to highlight sponsors of our event; a great summary of our night.

Vorteile: We love the dashboard. It's incredibly motivating to see our progress as the event unfolds. We also can compare last year's dashboard to this years and know where we need to step it up. The second best feature are the sponsor ads. We like how they are not only on the homepage but integrated through the software.

Nachteile: Limited design capability and limited selection on display board that we used for Fund the Need. We thought sponsors names would appear after they hit the donate button, but names kept coming alphabetically.

Great experience with Gesture from start to finish. A few glitches but overall, great!

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 2.11.2017
Barbara S.
IT Chair

Vorteile: Ease of use setting up the site with important information. Also, inputting registrants who pay with a check. Honestly, just about everything or we would not have used Gesture for a second time. Support was fantastic!

Nachteile: Online Help! Difficult to navigate when in a hurry, too many screens to go through, need to print help or have a download capability such as a User Manual especially for new people. This might seem trite but the blue "Help" button is in the way when trying to work with a list or read a screen. Keep it at the top and turn it blue. Some of the dashboard items are difficult to get the right reports out of.

Great product, great people.

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 1.11.2017
Jill K.
Director of Advancement and Community Relations
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It makes my online auction much easier.

Vorteile: The best thing about Gesture are the people who work there! We LOVE our account rep - she is super responsive. The folks that come out to work the auction are always wonderful too. The extra staff support is essential to our event! I also think the interface is very user-friendly and not overly complicated.

Nachteile: I wish there were an easier way to do a mass photo upload for items, and I wish that items said SOLD instead of CLOSED when they are purchased outright, and that they said NOT OPEN FOR BIDDING if they are something being auctioned in the future.

Easy to use for the most part!

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 23.4.2019
Hailley F.
Event Specialist
Eventservice, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I train on-site staff with GiveSmart weekly, and the software is usually very easy for them to pick up and use, which makes my life a lot easier! There are lots of reports available for the client as well.

Nachteile: There are some needed features that myself and my colleagues have requested, such as: ability to check in 2 guests at once, easier way to add credit card to guests that are already checked it, etc. Hopefully these features will be rolled out soon.

Gesture made our event more successful due to the right balance of technology & customer service.

Robert K.
Executive Director
Bildungsmanagement, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Breakout of where sales came form/who won what/I could call the winners easily.

Vorteile: Ease of use and Dashboard-as well as as detail when I needed to review it. The "live" feature si amazing as well as ability to adjust prices, text messages,etc to gain funds.

Nachteile: That I didn't invent it. Seriously, we had user issues when we logged in as we had three administrators. Hence, when each wanted to bid, they forgot to switch to donor- an easy fix- but we missed that in training. Gesture solved it easily.

We love Gesture - it is great! Easy to use, great onsite teams and it helps you raise more money.

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 29.11.2017
Kyla M.
Marketing Projects Manager

Vorteile: From a guest perspective, it's easy to use, the onsite staff is helpful and it makes bidding quick and fun. From an adminstrator perspective, entering items is user-friendly, the software takes much of the manual work outu of your auction and the Gesture team makes sure you're supported throughout the whole process. The best part is that you can open your auction before your event begins, so you're making money before a guest has even arrived!

Mobile bidding is a great component to running a silent auction.

Mit Google übersetzen Bewertet am 21.5.2018
Cheri H.
Director of Development
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: For the past two years, since utilizing the service, our revenues have increased by 20-35%.

Vorteile: Love the ease and user-friendly app. Also, our first year utilizing the mobile app netted us a 20 percent increase In auction revenue. Our guests love the option to bid two weeks prior to the event as well as sitting in their chairs during the event bidding on items.

Nachteile: There are no cons. This product is well worth the money! The system is easy to understand and operate.