Über Shop-Ware

Mehr Zeit. Mehr Gewinn. Shop-Ware-Werkstattmanagement-Software

Erfahre mehr über Shop-Ware

The software is very easy to navigate and helps streamline the estimating process for repairs.

Bewertungen zu Shop-Ware

Shop-Ware hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,8 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 159 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Shop-Ware bereits verwendet?

Vern
Vern
General Manager in USA

Vern's Review

Kommentare: Overall anytime there was an issue Support was fantastic to resolve it promptly. When we ask for new features our opinion is taking seriously and they seem to come to life. For multi-shop web based programs available, Shop- Ware is fantastic.

I love the fact that the customer can approve the work if they are unable to speak on the phone. I like the user friendliness of the program that allows for easy training. I like the fact that we can communicate easily with the customer. I also like that there is a record of everything. The log feature really helps hold my team accountable when it comes to issues with use or customers. I like that just about everything in the program is customize-able. I like the abilities of multishop where we can transfer a technician from shop to shop with ease.

I strongly dislike the inventory system. I do not like that any time a part is purchased that it adds it to inventory making it very difficult to manage our internal inventory. it would be nice if inventory could be divided into internal and external. I don't like that when texting a customer they have to click a link. Currently with certain phone providers, it prompts the customer to the log in page instead of their RO. I wish there were a way to have a text message conversation with the customer and log it like other programs use. I wish some of the reporting was easier to use and more customizable. I wish there was a way to transfer internal inventory between stores. It would be nice if repair link could integrate.

Annie
OFFICE MANAGER in USA
Automotive, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great product for an independent automotive shop.

Kommentare: Overall this program is WAY easier & user friendly than ROWriter. It takes much less time to get estimates done, sent to customers & approvals/declines. helps the techs work more smoothly.

What we liked most is how easy it was to start using. Everyone adapted very quickly. We really like the ability to communicate with our customers with much more than just a phone call. We also really like the customer approval option. It is nice to see the customer actually have to approve estimates physically; There is proof of approval.

We would recommend a few changes: 1. When customers approve recommended jobs, the email tittle just reads APPROVED when in fact..it will read that even if the job has been declined. 2. The ability to customize the calendar. 3. The ability to customize the payroll report. currently it adds up anything over 8 hours in a day is OT..but it would be great to have any hours over 40 hours a week is OT. 4. It would be great to be able to decode very old VIN's 5. It would be great to be able to color code the status bar on the top of a work order. 6. It would be great to have one more sync option to accounting link so it matches my QB when customers pay their bill.

Brandon

Shop-ware review

Kommentare: Great customer service. Slow to grow and adapt compared to industry competitors.

Ease of use. Very easy to teach someone how to use it. GP$/hr quickly available to estimator.

No two way communication with customer Labor guide is almost always wrong Cannot see tech total clocked in time on a ticket without opening the clock up on each individual job and manually adding it together. When building an estimate on the main screen, as opposed to a recommended service on the right, the correct labor times do not follow the job to future tickets. Making the use of “past services” worthless unless you built it on the right under recommended services. Would love to be able to look up fluid type and quantities within Shop-ware and not have to rely on or transfer Info to another system to find out that info.

William

Cloud Based

Kommentare: Overall we have had a great experience with Shop-Ware. We have always strived to provide our customers with the best experience and with Shop-Ware being digitally based, that helps us to achieve this goal. The inventory management has taken some getting used to, but is also very helpful!

Although not an original feature, I really like the cloud based software and the ability to use it on multiple platforms. This also allows most operations to work very fast and very smoothly! Another stand out feature are the built in digital vehicle inspection.

As a counter person/service advisor my biggest complaint is the lack of auto-fill. There are many fields that must be filled every time a ticket is opened and it would be much more convenient if most if not all of them would auto-fill.

Kenny
Automotive, Selbstständig

Top Shop Software

Kommentare: Has been excellent, always willing to help when problems arise. They own up to their mistakes when they make them.

I love the way we can share the estimates with the customer via email and text. Inspections are easy to set up and are 100% customizable. Right now I’m a new start up and running my shop with the help of my wife. Being able to share with customers gives us 15 minutes to set up our game plan for what’s coming in next. The digital inspections gives the customers more info to make an educated decision and most of the time they have approved repairs before we ever get that call into them in that 15 minute window. Hands down the best program I’ve ever used!

There’s really not much I can say. A lot of the things I disliked about this program have been fixed or upgraded. I would love to see the ability to add more than on canned job to the ticket at a time, and be able to apply payments to accounts receivable for fleet customers easier.

Calvin
owner in USA

Shop-Ware is TONS better than Mitchell

The ease of pricing parts and ordering parts through Shop-Ware is TONS better than our previous software, Mitchell. Being able to pull up multiple vendors at one time compare exact parts instantly and then order from online has saved our shop countless hours of time as well as thousands of dollars in parts savings. On a side note, the software gets updated on a REGULAR basis which is a huge bonus and large help as they account for the fast changing auto repair industry.

Labor times within Shop-Ware are not always accurate according to what recommended book time is as well as they do not have all repairs in the system. We have been working with the development team very closely on improving this issue though and have already seen changes.

Lafayette
Automotive, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Best way to communicate with customers

Kommentare: I also LOVE that I can track who has viewed the page. That way I can see if my customers are constantly moderating the work, and if they have seen a price quote, and are considering the job. It helps me know how to more efficiently sell work, and which customers I need to focus my energy on with the communication and sales side of my staff.

My customers love the transparency of my auto repair business as a result of Shop-Ware. The ability to add comments, upload photos, and communicate directly with my customers also keeps things organized. Instead of looking through texts, emails, and writing down notes from phone calls, all of the communication is kept neatly in the comment thread. Customers upload media as well, such as images of ROs of previous shops, or video of a car misbehaving that they were able to catch in the moment. My customers also love the constant updates, which keeps them from calling the shop. As much as I love talking to customers, I do not like to be disturbed while I am working on a car. The customer is able to log on to their online RO, and then see which items have been completed and which items are in the works.

I am looking forward to a phone app, so that I do not have to open up my internet browser on my cell phone and log on every time. I think that's the only con I can think of at this point, and it's very minor.

Christopher
Christopher

Robust Software Management Platform

Kommentare: I love it! You'd have to come up with something out of this world to change my mind that this isn't the best software out.

It's versatile and works smoothly—both on my Windows Desktop and reliable on my iPhone.

Honestly any issue I can think of get remediated quickly. The customer support is quick to respond and get the software updated monthly with new features.

Tara
Tara

A Business Changer, A LIFE Changer

There are so many things I LOVE about this software that I probably couldn't even list them all. Not only do I love them, but our team loves Shop-Ware and our clients LOVE it as much as we do (maybe more). It is easy to use from anywhere. It integrates all of the components of our business into one package. Shop-Ware is easy to work with as a company and understands our needs. They are constantly upgrading and developing based on users' needs and wants. When you have a question or suggestion, they reach out, listen, and respond promptly.

The only item I wish could be different is accessing other labor guides than MOTOR. That is honestly it.

Kristie
Kristie
Corporate Secretary in USA

Best Automotive Software on the Market

Kommentare: Customer Service is the best part of this product. No matter what the question, I always get a response right away or directed to the proper person. This is what sets them apart from the competition.

The integration of our business processes was so easy, efficient and fluent. This product is so easy to use that even senior staff that don't welcome change have been very pleasantly surprised by the ease of use.

When you go to open balances in an account, it shows the notes when I really need the R.O. total instead. I made this suggestion, but haven't heard anything back. Also, I feel the label of the R.O. is irrelevant when viewing balances.

Ryan
CEO in USA
Automotive, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Continuous improvement and responsive customer support team.

Kommentare: Our company demo-ed many different systems before making the choice to go with software. The time that we first tried the Shop-Ware demo to when we made the leap was over 18 months, and after detailed examination of at least 4 SMS/ POS options.

This is a system designed by a high performance business, and has great usability at many different scales. The structure of the system lends itself well to seamless information transfer from the back of the shop to the front, and out to customers. Software updates arrive pretty consistently with truly usable features.

Some of the modules are a little under-developed. Internal notes vs external notes need to be a thing. The inventory module needs more flexibility for any business with a high volume of inventory. The integrated labor guide is poor, requiring us to maintain separate subscriptions for labor times without a direct integration.

Samantha
Service Advisor in USA
Automotive, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Rocky Road (No, not the ice cream)

Kommentare: Overall, Shop-Ware has been a big learning curb for us, but I think it is working out for the better.

This software really moves things into the *future.* You are able to, essentially, go paperless if you would like to. Being able to share estimates with customer's so that they can look at what you're looking at while going over it with them is a big plus. Customers really like that we have the ability to attach pictures.

The back office portion of this software could use a HUGE upgrade. It is lacking big time.

Dean
All Positions at all times in USA
Automotive, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

I’ve used the rest, now I use the best.

Kommentare: I have seen my GP, average ticket, and up sells go way up - like 25% and more up. I’m no spring chicken. I’ve been in this industry for 32 years and have used every major software platform out there as well as a few minor ones. I can tell you, they care and they listen. I had the opportunity to spend a good amount of time with the owner of Shop-Ware in the beginning and since have seen the entire staff emulate her approach to customer care. I have never experienced customer service remotely close to this.

Customer interaction, ease of use, ACCURATE inventory, superb customer support, uncanny reception to customer input, hi-tech image for any level shop, incredible customer reception, true gross profit optimization, user friendly, and reasonable terms with no contracts. They believe, as I do, that if you like the software, you’ll never leave hence, no contracts.

Still new and a few growing pains but really, very few, and they are punching through real working updates and features at the speed of light.

William
Owner/tech in USA
Automotive, Selbstständig

This software is awesome

Kommentare: Was using Quickbooks and that was ok but Shop-Ware is much much much better!

Easy to use, couldn't live without it. Love that it's cloud based. I can use it on my iPhone, iPad or MacBook.

Don't think I have a con on this software.

Alexander
Parts Manager in USA

Review

-Mechanics can easily take picture and upload -Helpful support team -No show section is nice -Seeing which tickets are short parts is helpful

-Cannot link parts to an RO unless you start with the parts in the RO -Cannot undo received POs -Pages load slow even with 400 Mbps/20 Mbps and an above average computer -Only room for one phone number -No appointment confirmation before entire RO is made -Calendar view could be cleared up -Analytics section is not useful, Shop-Ware support members have trouble navigating and understanding too -Cannot produce a report of inventory groups -After an RO is started, it is removed from the schedule, should be an option to turn this off -No way to unlink WorldPac without closing browser tab. -No way to seach for license plate without knowing full plate (that I know of ) -Cannot add parts to an order after it is started (this one is very annoying) -Cannot update a parts order without the window closing -Editing canned jobs is very messy. As far as I know there is no section to only look at and setup canned jobs. -Mechanics cannot look at a ticket and see total time spent, they can only go line by line. Very annoying for some flat rate mechanics -There is no prompt to make sure you publish your recommendations before transferring an RO. Should be an option, this mistake happens once a day with advisors or mechanics -No option is click an copy VIN, have to highlight and copy (one additional space at the end of VIN is also copied when you double click to highlight) -Manually adding parts to a PO, you cannot see which parts are already selected, the only indication is '2 in batch'

Jean
Office Manager in USA

Shop-Ware

Kommentare: Overall, I like Shop-Ware despite the learning curve that is with any new system. The web based search features are great once you have the system established. Customer support does address all issues even if they can not fix them. I do find that fixing user errors is clunky and that not all errors can be fixed on the Shop-Ware side.

The accountability. Love the log so that you can tell who adjusted what customer invoice, i.e. adding or removing parts, adjusting pricing, etc. Setting up users and permissions is easy. It is very easy to flip between screens while working. Love the adding vehicle features and searches. Love the ability to add repair pictures right to the invoice for the customer.

So much information is available in some areas that you have to use sort features to limit information received. Not all sort/search features are obvious. Correcting received invoices is an issue if the vendor is selected wrong or the wrong amount is entered, there is no way to go back into the purchase to make a correction. All corrections have to be made in accounting. Another issue is current day schedule. Once cars start arriving for the day and are checked in, they no longer show on the current day schedule so you have to flip between work in shop and the schedule screen to tell if you can take in more cars for the day for quickie services.

Erick
Automotive, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Game-changer for my business!

Kommentare: Shop-Ware has allowed me to focus on growing and streamlining my business, and not fuss with hosting an in-house server like I did for our previous software package. I love their team, their service, and perhaps most of all, the results we're getting!!

I love how easy it is to get new users up and running, how any device with a web browser can be used, and how easy it is to scale the number of users!

Tough call. I can't actually think of anything that's not to like about Shop-Ware.

Austin
service manager in USA

Ahead of the industry

Kommentare: Overall very pleased with the software, still being adjusted but always improving

Shop-Ware is leading the way with this user friendly software. Their main goal is to be clear and informative to the customer. It is a real help to be able to structure a repair order so well with pics and notes. It is very easy to explain repairs and review to customers and they become very well informed about the vehicles needs. Makes it easy to sell service and continued maintenance.

There really should be improvements to the inventory system for estimate building. Wasting an average of 30 min per day, searching for an item we stock because the system will often search correctly or prioritize the correct parts. This is even an issue with parts we use daily for estimate building.

BRUCE
Service adviser/shop manager/foreman in USA

Areas that I work within

Kommentare: Overall I think this is one of the most user friendly shop management programs that I have used.

Easy to write, edit and dispatch repair orders. Love that I can see customers entering repair orders.

Would like for 1 button email/text customers, space for additional contact numbers and be able to text all listed number is desired. When alerts come in I would like them to display on top of all open windows. Would like software that will let you operate on 2 monitors with limited functions on second monitor. When quoting repair parts I would like to be able to enter several parts from same vendor without having to start the process from the beginning for each part. Would like to see more information in vehicle history such as quoted/declined repairs and any service notes.

Victor
Automotive, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Amazing. Adapting. Aware. Efficient. Effective.

Kommentare: Easy. Simple.

Everything. It's easy to use. Easy to train. Easy for the customer. Evolving.

The 1 and only thing I don't like right now is the RO numbers are sequential. We were using Auto Fluent before and it was kinda nice to have every invoice sequential. The quotes had their own number until they were converted to a RO.. but that's it. Other than that everything else seems great.

Kristi
Bookkeeper/Admin Asst in USA

Great Program, but Report Features are Lacking

Kommentare: Shop-ware is great! I understand it is a newer software program compared to others and while I believe it is better than most that have been around a while, it still has a lot of room for improvement

I love the user functionality of Shop-ware. It is easy to read and see what is happening, as well as easy to use and figure out.

The reporting features aren't the best and that is the one thing that I use the most. I have to export, sort and essentially re-create each report to the use of my needs after it is dumped into an excel file. I have also had to train my co-workers on how they enter part descriptions just so I can find the data I need each month. We've made it work, but not ideal. Also, really wish there was a better way to track employee purchases!

Nicholas
Automotive, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Wonderful and functional shop software

Kommentare: Historical data for managing customer for a lifetime. Also ease of use

Ease of use and overall integration with our CRM system.

Pricing is a bit high for a small shop and need to examine tiered pricing of subscriptions for smaller v. larger shops

Doug
CEO in USA

Okay product

Kommentare: Paperless RO's, no more filing.

RO writing and parts ordering. Cloud based system, access from anywhere.

In the beginning, how to use was limited. Now however, more information available. Difficult to link to QuickBooks through a cloud connection, so far, I have not done this. The cost may be prohibitive.

Olivia
Service Advisor in USA

Best-Ever Software - Coming From Seasons Advisor

Kommentare: I love the crew, I love the software and usability of it, it all around is a GREAT product and %100 worth the money.

I have been an advisor in many places and used many different softwares and they are always a chore to use. It's like you need a secret code to do things. This is user friendly, neat, clean, professional looking, and super easy and it MAKES SENSE!!

The ONLY thing I just don't agree with is the way the inventory works. Sure it has glitches here and there, but it is a software and that's how software is so I don't consider that a con, just the nature of the beast.

Great and user friendly

Kommentare: Amazing product

Being able to send photos to the customer adds transparency and increases RO. It shows we are trying to fix your car not just pad our wallets.

Being web based you need to make sure that you have good WFI and internet. Also good tablets with flashes