Best Two Factor Identification App

Bewertet am 27.11.2018
Audit Senior
Buchhaltung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I have used Duo for Two Factor Identification Security at two different employers so far in my career. It is such an easy to use, efficient and effective application. It eliminates the need to keep track of external network keys, passwords, and other redundant programs. I feel safe and secure with Duo Two Factor Identification because it requires both my phone and fingerprint in order to gain access to protected software.

Nachteile: Earlier this year I had to replace my iPhone and after I restored my new device from backup my Duo Two Vactor Identification was no longer linked. To my surprise, It took several hours to restore and reset my security settings at work the next morning. Although the Duo reset was quite inconvenient for me that day, restoring software is both an infrequent and uncommon occurrence for me.

Duo Security is important

Bewertet am 1.7.2019
Anindita S.
Postdoctoral Fellow
Forschung, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I have been introduced to Duo security the last year. The institute I am affiliated to insists on using the Duo security for access to emails and other sensitive data. Initially, I used to feel it is a little out of the way effort to have a two-factor authentication via Duo Security. But lately, I have it is a rather important safeguard for sensitive data, emails, etc. It adds another level of protection. With technological advancement stealing important information from the internet is a child's play. Using Duo security gives the users benefit of knowing when their emails or secured accounts are accessed (at least it does that for me). Besides, two-factor authentication allows me to restrict suspicious users from logging on.

Nachteile: Don't know but can the Duo also work by pushing login request via email? That would mean I wouldn't need to have my mobile phone next to me 24x7.

2FA For the Enterprise

Bewertet am 5.9.2018
IT Technical Specialist II
Telekommunikation, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We wanted a 2FA solution for our VPN and password management solutions. Duo integrates with both. We also needed a 2FA solution that can be used by a wide variety of users. We have many remote users so being able to authenticate via app, text, or phone call makes it easy for all of our users to gain access in a way that is secure and available to them.

Vorteile: Duo has made it easy for our company to use 2FA across several of our services. It's easy to implement and easy to manage. Duo integrates easily with 3rd party applications and services. Users can use multiple ways to authenticate to Duo.

Nachteile: Push notifications to Cellphones can be spotty if a user has poor cell reception. Not necessarily a failure on Duo's part but it should be considered if you are going to use the App Push for authentication.

Best thing I ever did for securing my website

Bewertet am 14.10.2016
Jane G.
Web Designer
Selbstständig

Kommentare: Ever since I've started using DuoSecurity to access my website admin interface, I haven't had any breaches in security and I feel safer knowing that hackers can't access my website easily. I've been using DuoSecurity for several years now and offer it as part of my Security Packages when I launch a client's website, because it's a quick setup and for ease of mind. I use an app on my iPhone that sends me a notification when I go to log in to my site, allowing me to "Approve" or "Disapprove" access to the site's admin interface easily. I also use it to access other accounts online that allow for a Code to be entered, giving me that piece of mind that my personal information is secure. Highly recommended!

Vorteile: Security Features, Ease of Use, Apps

Nachteile: Their website is not easy to use because there are so many features available, which might be overwhelming to someone not familiar with it

1-click for Two-Factor Authentification

Bewertet am 15.1.2019
Graduate Student
Hochschulbildung, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I have been an end user of Duo Security for the last 2 years, and I think that this is the best software for 2-factor authentification. The Duo App has a simply designed platform. When we sign into the website that requires authentification, we can just type a passcode provided by Duo App on the website or click an authentification request given by Duo App. Yes, it is that easy with Duo.

Nachteile: Setting up the Duo from the scratch can be challenging to some people who are not familiar with two-factor authentification. It is important for organizations or companies to provide a step-by-step installation procedure to users before they start using Duo as their sole authentification method.

Good

Bewertet am 25.7.2019
Student
Telekommunikation, Selbstständig

Vorteile: I use Duo Security as a part of dual verification sign-in process for university. The phone app was initially difficult to set up and I actually gave up at one point, but once it was on my phone it has been no issues. (I've actually installed and verified a few phones and it always a hassle..) The three options for verifying identify is convenient - call, message, or notification. I generally use notification, but have used call when I had poor cell service. The notification is handy because I do not have to unlock my phone and the notification disappears after you approve the log-in. The time out feature is meant to keep your account secure but can be an issue if you don't have your phone close by/ don't approve in time.

Nachteile: Selecting "Stay logged in for 7 days" only works sometimes for some reason.

Easy to use MF authentication

Bewertet am 6.2.2019
Technology Manager
Hochschulbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have used Duo Authentication at two institutions now as a two-factor authentication means. It is very easy to use and even less tech-savvy coworkers find it easy and straight forward to use.

Vorteile: Once Duo is set up, it's super easy to use, whether responding to a push notification or generating a one-time use password.

Nachteile: When attempting to change preferences in a browser to allow it to retain your login status, you must cancel an initial automatic push from the authentication screen in a browser, check a "remember me" box, then wait some time before attempting another push. This is a security measure, but a minor annoyance when trying to quickly make a change and move on.

Indispensable - use it every day!

Bewertet am 17.4.2019
Pete S.
Business Development & Media
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I use this daily for access to company website for updates and posting. It travels wherever I go and is lightning fast. Definitely recommend!

Vorteile: Had another authentication app that went out of business and after much trial and error (and frustration) found Duo. Set up was easy and this app works perfectly every time. It's fast and easy to use. In my opinion, this app should be promoted/recommended to companies like GoDaddy when they're selling a website - this protection is so easy and simply invaluable.

Nachteile: Only one slight issue when I upgraded from iPhone 6 to iPhone 8 - it was a bit confusing to register the new device. At a certain point I thought I would have to disable the app and then it just started working - so I might suggest better documentation/walk through on changing devices.

Excellent security app for authentiction

Bewertet am 26.3.2019
Sandeep K.
Senior Programmer

Kommentare: This is the best security feature for authentication. It makes sure no one else logins to your account but only you. The main benefit of this software is that our work done till date is secure in our machines.

Vorteile: The best thing about this software is that we can not login to our work station until and unless we pass through Duo Security. There is a mobile app for this which makes it easy to authenticate. We just need to tap "Approve" on the login request sent to mobile app. there are three types of login. One can choose any type based on our convenience. One can login using passcodes, call on spot or just clicking approval system.

Nachteile: There was issue when I lost my mobile phone and I wanted to configure duo again to login to my work station. Adding account was so time consuming that I had to wait for the Administrator to add my account again. If administrator is on leave then we have to wait for another complete day to login to work station.

Due is Secure

Bewertet am 11.3.2019
Alireza S.
researcher
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I am a student and my university provides a very secure medium for signing into my account through this app. I feel confident and safe about it since anybody who wants to do sign in should ask me for permission. It is a brilliant idea to communicate with the account owner to increase the security level

Nachteile: I really hate this fact that whenever I want to login into my account when I am working with my laptop or PC, I should find my cellphone to let myself in. I searched on internet to find a Duo software for windows such that I install that on my PC and does not try to find my cellphone for logging in. I hope they develop the computer version of this app because it becomes very annoying especially I am busy on a pile of work

Simple Solution for Added Account Security

Bewertet am 9.10.2018
Cory P.
Project Coordinator
Forschung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Unlike other 2-step authentication services that require you to punch in a short, "random" code in order to access your account, Duo Security makes securing an account simpler. Got a smartphone? Download the Duo Security app, link it to an account (typically an email account, though Duo can work with other services as well,) and decide how you want to be alerted about log-ins. The next time you try to log in, Duo will contact your phone, and you'll be able to authenticate your log-in with a simple button-press. That's it. There are other options as well. If you don't want to use the smart phone, Duo will call a landline and ask if you're the appropriate user for the account. You can also save multiple methods to the same account.

Nachteile: Linking Duo to my email account took some doing. By and large, it was a simple, step-by-step process. However, I could imagine easily fouling up one of those steps and getting lost and frustrated. There's no problem with the service itself, it's just getting started with it requires a little time and focus. Once it's set up, however, using Duo is completely painless, and its recovery features are simple (in the event you get a new phone, computer, etc.)

Duo Security Review

Bewertet am 4.2.2019
Sadie R.
Assistant Director, MIS Career Management
Hochschulbildung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I use Duo Security to login to all of my work accounts. It is used by the whole university and it is very easy to understand, implement, and is very up to date. I enjoy Duo Security. When it was first implemented, I was annoyed that it would be another step for my login process, but it is not burdensome at all and is very fast and efficient.

Vorteile: Duo Security is very easy to use and understand. I like that you do not have to have the app on your phone and that it has the feature to be called for the login.

Nachteile: I dont have anything negative to say. This is a good option for a two factor authentication. It is very up to date.

Duo Security - it works!

Bewertet am 17.1.2019
Alex F.
account manager
Gastgewerbe, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall I'd say it does exactly what I need it to nearly 100% of the time. The times it doesn't work are almost generally on the user side (eg: installing a new device will need IT assistance) and not on the software or app's

Vorteile: I like how quickly this app loads on my phone in order to log into my two factor. I primarily use it for that and am regularly traveling for work so knowing I can rely on this app is fundamental.

Nachteile: If ever you have a question or need changes to your account you will need to contact your system admin. This is obviously for security but unideal if time is short.

Used to authenticate access for high school gateway portals.

Bewertet am 17.7.2018
Adelyn C.
Presenter
Gastgewerbe, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I think it keeps accounts really secure because you can set up the account to be able to send push requests to a finite amount of devices. It's also pretty easy to use because you just press one button and it works very quickly to grant/deny access.

Nachteile: The 6-digit passcodes that are there that you can regenerate whenever you want are a bit confusing and it's hard to know what those entail. This could be a problem with the school system but it would be helpful if Duo gave some sort of instructions when downloading the app.

Simple Software For Two-Step Authentification

Bewertet am 9.11.2018
Lab Specialist
Forschung, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Duo Security makes 2-step authentification simple. After an initial registration of the website that requires 2-step authentification on the Duo app, all I have to do to grant access to the website is clicking approve button on the app on my phone or entering passcode on the website. This software makes 2-step authentification take only 5 seconds.

Nachteile: I cannot think of any negative aspects of this software. This software is so simple and doesn't have any unnecessary features. There are no parts to be improved.

Easy as 123

Bewertet am 27.8.2018
Owners
Verbraucherdienste, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I had no issues with Duo security the company I was with I was taking credit cards and personal information and I had no breach of any sort no one getting in and no information getting out so overall it was an awesome experience and if we get back to doing that on our construction side that is definitely a program I would use again and definitely refer others to

Vorteile: I use this as an inbound sales marketer for Carnival Cruise Lines and thoroughly loved it I had no issues with my computer whether I was working or not it did not allow any viruses to get through and no breach of security

Nachteile: That I had to help make sure my cell phone was right there to confirm my signing in

Great two factor authentication provider

Bewertet am 4.4.2018
John M.
IT Engineer

Vorteile: Duo integrates out of the box with a lot of SaaS systems, and it is easy to set up for users. For unsupported SaaS, or in house apps, it possible to set up a lightweight agent running locally on your network that will extend 2fa functionality to unsupported systems. This agent is easy to set up.

Nachteile: Onboarding users onto the platform in bulk is a bit of a challenge. I wish there was more instructional resources for introducing the product to the company. Sometimes the app freezes when the user is expecting a push, and therefore they are unable to complete the 2fa process.

2 Factor Authentication Made Simple

Bewertet am 4.7.2019
Resilience and Continuity Specialist

Kommentare: We were searching for a simple but effective second factor authentication solution to improve security especially for our RDP services.
Duo has saved us a lot and imrpoved our security significantly

Vorteile: Ease of setting up
Ease of use
Works every time. Very small near invisible footprint
Easy to follow manuals
Great support

Nachteile: Agent software does not give host machine details when requesting 2nd Factor via the App or SMS

Two factor authentication made easy

Bewertet am 18.11.2018
Barista
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, Selbstständig

Vorteile: Simple, easy to use software for two factor authentication, you can use the app, get a phone call, or get sent a list of access codes through text, making your account more secure from hacking.

Nachteile: The program is really easy to use to with a simple push of a button on your phone, but if you don't have your phone there is no way to get through the Duo security, a computer app is needed.

A good option for a necessary piece of software

Bewertet am 5.3.2019
Brice P.
CRM & Web Specialist
Hochschulbildung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: My organization uses Duo as a security backup on all of our sensitive data repositories (financial/HR, student data, etc). I have Duo mobile set up on my phone, and like how I can have it send me a push notification. It takes only a few seconds to go through the entire process.

Nachteile: It can be a pain having to continually re-verify your log-in, and every once in a while it seems to lag a bit (network slowdown or something). For some orgs, it's just a matter of which authentication product you'll use, though, and this a decent choice.

Best option for website security, would definitely recommend.

Bewertet am 11.4.2018
Pete S.
Business Development & Media

Vorteile: We go to Duo after Clef closed shop - Clef was ridiculously easy to use. After trying three other options (dismal failures) we hit on Duo and it has been perfect since. It works fast every time and has good supporting documentation available online. Authentication options are all good and they are all fast, pretty much instantaneous. Duo is well worth it for the peace of mind knowing the website has this layer of security in place.

Nachteile: Some difficulty getting re-set when I upgraded my phone; followed the simple instructions and had to do it all over a couple of times before it finally "took". Could have just been me, I wouldn't consider this as a real con, more likely user error.

Definitely the best 2-factor app I've used

Bewertet am 6.12.2018
Dan H.
Web Specialist
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Duo Security for the most part just works. I very rarely have connectivity issues, I've never had token mismatches or problems of that nature. It does the job it's supposed to do, and does it very well.

Nachteile: Really my only complaint is that sometimes the push notification doesn't work properly, in a variety of different network settings. But it's infrequent, and I've yet to have a case where I've missed it (because if I'm trying to log in to something, I know I'm doing so and can pop open the app if need be).

2FA Made Easy

Bewertet am 26.3.2019
Tools Manager

Kommentare: We use Duo for access to our tools and Remote Desktop. It is an easy layer of security from Remote desktop users, and an easy sell to our partners. They also have a help desk verification tool that allows us to verify the identity of someone calling in by sending a push notification to their phone. Overall, we are very happy with Duo.

Vorteile: Easy to set up and maintain
Wide variety of applications you can protect
Responsive support
Good MSP program

Nachteile: Process for adding a second device is a little confusing
Re-enrolling device when self-service portal not available is inconvenient

DUO is a great choice, although this is not the cheapest solution.

Bewertet am 18.7.2018
Jacod michael S.
Supervisor of Operations
Forschung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: DOU was a great choice in everything. Compared to some of the other multi-factor platforms, this is by far the easiest to manage and configure. This product gave the company a clear and clear documentation, which reflected its platform as one of the best. It is the best choice.

Vorteile: It is very good that it is compatible with Apple Watchcon. The design is very intuitive and has an excellent Interfax, you do not need training to use it. In addition, the documentation they provide is well written. Support is quick answer any question. The end-user experience is very simple and easy. The product works and they have given us great support by bringing systems online. DOU is the best product I found in the market.

Nachteile: I'm just saying it's expensive. It is the only bad thing that this product has. I think we are getting all the quality we want ... DOU is necessary for the company and I do not regret using it.

Simple Authenticating for Security!

Bewertet am 24.1.2019
Amber P.
Ticketing & Box Office Manager
Unterhaltung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: It was very simple to download the app once our company started using the software. We have some more technologically not-so-savvy employees, and they were even able to catch on fast. It's nice that you also have the option for them to call your cell too, if you don't want to do the app or do not have a smart phone. Has really helped boost our security and keep compliant.

Nachteile: A few glitches and issues with the app, but otherwise, we have not run in to issues on our end has users!