Excellent security app for authentiction

Bewertet am 26.3.2019
Sandeep K.
Senior Programmer

Kommentare: This is the best security feature for authentication. It makes sure no one else logins to your account but only you. The main benefit of this software is that our work done till date is secure in our machines.

Vorteile: The best thing about this software is that we can not login to our work station until and unless we pass through Duo Security. There is a mobile app for this which makes it easy to authenticate. We just need to tap "Approve" on the login request sent to mobile app. there are three types of login. One can choose any type based on our convenience. One can login using passcodes, call on spot or just clicking approval system.

Nachteile: There was issue when I lost my mobile phone and I wanted to configure duo again to login to my work station. Adding account was so time consuming that I had to wait for the Administrator to add my account again. If administrator is on leave then we have to wait for another complete day to login to work station.

Duo Security - Easiest DFA hands down

Bewertet am 10.12.2019
Barry V.
Ops Mgr

Kommentare: We love Duo Security. The implementation on our remote servers and web servers gives us piece of mind knowing that our important infrastructure is secured with DFA/2FA (Dual or two factor authentication). It's very easy to setup DFA on a remote server which is good too.

Vorteile: I like the integration with mobile and smart watches. I use Duo on a daily basis to login in to servers and online services. What I love the most is that as long as I'm wearing my smart watch I can approve logins directly from it. No passwords, no pins, biometrics needed. The authentication push is instantaneous which keeps the login on the target device/service from timing out.

Nachteile: What I like least is the quality of the hardware tokens. They don't seem to last very long (less than 1 year) and have to resync'd once or twice annually. For me this is no longer an issue because I authenticate using mobile or smart watch pushes. It would be nice to know that if my watch or phone were to die that the token is always reliable.

Great Security Software

Bewertet am 24.9.2019
Kalin H.
Student
Hochschulbildung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Overall I have found Duo to be a great method for securing my data and private accounts. It has allowed me to make sure that sensitive information stays safe and away from prying eyes. It also gives me a sense of security financially, as some of my accounts secured by Duo are linked to payment portals.

Vorteile: Duo is a great way to ensure that your electronic information and accounts are secure. I have used it as a student and I have found that it is reliable and provides peace of mind. It provides a dual authentication process so that no one can access my accounts but me. I like that any attempt to login to an account sends a notification instantly to my personal cell phone, allowing me to approve or deny access.

Nachteile: I have experienced a few technical bugs with the software in my time using it, though they are relatively infrequent. There are times when Duo will push a login approval to my phone and then fail to allow me to log in to my profile even though I have accepted the push. It can also be confusing trying to figure out how to change settings with Duo. For example, if you have set the software to preferentially send an automatic push upon requesting login, it can be difficult to change that setting. There could be a little more clear direction regarding that process from Duo.

Get a different security app

Bewertet am 31.7.2019
Jonathan R.
Med student
Hochschulbildung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Apparently, this program keeps your identity and information safe from hackers or other malicious sources. I’ve never had an issue with that using other security programs.

Nachteile: This app is painfully inconvenient to use. It uses dual security so you either have to get a call, text, or approve on the mobile app every login to the platform you are logging into. I wish that there was a way to stay logged in for longer periods of time on you known and secure devices. I would not recommend this program to others looking for a way to boost their security.

Two-factor authentication that just works!

Bewertet am 30.9.2019
John B.
Senior Program Manager
Computer-Software, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our organization has been using Duo Security two-factor authentication for years. The entire solution is incredibly reliable. The mobile app works great and is very easy to use. End-users can quickly and easily enroll their own devices via a self-service portal. This is very convenient whenever you get a new phone. Approval notifications can also be sent via phone, text or push. Push notifications are also supported on the Apple Watch. Although it's rarely needed, online support documentation is very robust. The best thing about Duo Security is...it just works, every time.

Vorteile: - User-friendly self-service portal for new device enrollment and management
- New account setup is easily done via scanning a QR code
- Multiple options for approval codes or notifications including phone, text or push (includes Apple Watch)
- Push notifications can be approved directly from the iOS lock screen
- Approval is also compatible with Face ID on iOS devices
- One-time bypass codes can be used for lost devices or temporary access
- Support for Universal 2nd Factor (U2F) security tokens
- Great online support and documentation library
- Flexible subscription plans with affordable pricing

Nachteile: When using an outdated version of the app, iOS push notifications just stop working without any error message or notification

Duo Security Review

Bewertet am 7.1.2020
Sadie R.
Assistant Director, MIS Career Management
Hochschulbildung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have used Duo Security since the university I work at implemented it a few years ago for our duo login. It has been easy to use and I have enjoyed it since they implemented it. I have used the app for the quick login and it has been great!

Vorteile: This software is easy to use. Once my work shifted to this, I was able to easily understand and pick it up. Having the app on my phone also makes the duo authentication very quick or sometimes I will also have the system call me! Either way, it is great.

Nachteile: There are no cons about the software. I think it is a really great option for a duo authentication and I have nothing negative to say about it.

Useful security tool

Bewertet am 15.10.2019
Abhisha B.
Research Assistant
Hochschulbildung, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I mainly use duo for 2-factor authentication when logging in to my NC State account. This has been very useful in both securing my account and also not taking up too much time for the login process.

Vorteile: Good security tool, better than the traditional 2-factor authentication that requires a code to be texted to the phone and then the code needs to be typed in. Has good security features like request timing out after a certain period of time.

Nachteile: Duo Push needs internet connection on the phone to work is a major disadvantage. Also, in case of slow internet the push request takes longer to arrive sometimes causing the request to time out.

A no-brainer for data security

Bewertet am 11.12.2019
Amanda H.
Associate Director
Hochschulbildung, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, Duo Mobile has been a game changer, granting remote access safely and securely.

Vorteile: Duo Mobile is a critical part of our university's security protocols, allowing faculty and staff access to their personal information like payroll, health insurance, etc, and also providing more opportunities to work remotely safely, always with our constituents' data in mind.

Nachteile: Set-up can be initially burdensome, especially if switching devices with regularity, but that pales in comparison with the pros mentioned above.

DUO Security

Bewertet am 23.12.2019
Danieal J.
Administrative Assistant
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Its the easiest but most effective additional security from people accessing your VPN. Easy verification process.

Vorteile: Can be highly trusted! Improves security ricks by 100%. Provides 3 different methods of verifying information. Duo security has a mobile app.

Nachteile: Sometimes, it times out to fast or freezes before you are able to verify connection. Phone authorization takes longer when verification is needed.

Duo Security provides an added level of security to log in

Bewertet am 8.12.2019
Jinan B.
Associate Professor
Hochschulbildung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am able to safely log in to my email and other work-related sites using the software. I use my email to perform my duties at work and correspond with colleagues so feel more comfortable using this.

Vorteile: It is easy to use--you just set up the software on your phone, and when you log in to specified sites on your computer, you receive a notification on your phone that you must approve.

Nachteile: If I forget my phone, then I cannot log in to the site. However, that is not a problem with the software--it is generally very easy to use and adds security.

Amazing Two-Factor Authenticator

Bewertet am 21.9.2019
Carlos S.
Sales Support Analyst

Kommentare: Great experience, user friendly and having this installed as an app on your Smartphone and not a physical key is amazing!

Vorteile: You get push notifications instantly, and you don't even need to get into the app, it can display a notification in your notifications bar (Android User) and you can approve/deny from there. Also, if by mistake you deny the login attempt, it gives you a "second chance" to get into the app itself and approve it.

Nachteile: Nothing to complain about this as of now, I was an RSA SecurID user and having to carry that small key was a nightmare. One thing I'd like is to get Duo Security for Windows, I work remotely and I could have that installed on my home's PC. What if I get my phone stolen and unable to buy a new one???

Best Two Factor Identification App

Bewertet am 27.11.2018
Audit Senior
Buchhaltung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I have used Duo for Two Factor Identification Security at two different employers so far in my career. It is such an easy to use, efficient and effective application. It eliminates the need to keep track of external network keys, passwords, and other redundant programs. I feel safe and secure with Duo Two Factor Identification because it requires both my phone and fingerprint in order to gain access to protected software.

Nachteile: Earlier this year I had to replace my iPhone and after I restored my new device from backup my Duo Two Vactor Identification was no longer linked. To my surprise, It took several hours to restore and reset my security settings at work the next morning. Although the Duo reset was quite inconvenient for me that day, restoring software is both an infrequent and uncommon occurrence for me.

Duo Security is important

Bewertet am 1.7.2019
Anindita S.
Postdoctoral Fellow
Forschung, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I have been introduced to Duo security the last year. The institute I am affiliated to insists on using the Duo security for access to emails and other sensitive data. Initially, I used to feel it is a little out of the way effort to have a two-factor authentication via Duo Security. But lately, I have it is a rather important safeguard for sensitive data, emails, etc. It adds another level of protection. With technological advancement stealing important information from the internet is a child's play. Using Duo security gives the users benefit of knowing when their emails or secured accounts are accessed (at least it does that for me). Besides, two-factor authentication allows me to restrict suspicious users from logging on.

Nachteile: Don't know but can the Duo also work by pushing login request via email? That would mean I wouldn't need to have my mobile phone next to me 24x7.

2FA For the Enterprise

Bewertet am 5.9.2018
IT Technical Specialist II
Telekommunikation, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We wanted a 2FA solution for our VPN and password management solutions. Duo integrates with both. We also needed a 2FA solution that can be used by a wide variety of users. We have many remote users so being able to authenticate via app, text, or phone call makes it easy for all of our users to gain access in a way that is secure and available to them.

Vorteile: Duo has made it easy for our company to use 2FA across several of our services. It's easy to implement and easy to manage. Duo integrates easily with 3rd party applications and services. Users can use multiple ways to authenticate to Duo.

Nachteile: Push notifications to Cellphones can be spotty if a user has poor cell reception. Not necessarily a failure on Duo's part but it should be considered if you are going to use the App Push for authentication.

Duo Security will make your account secure

Assistant
Hochschulbildung, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I started using Duo Security since 2017 when I started working as graduate assistant. The app had allowed me to make sure that my account at my job is secure and no one can easily access to my account without an approval on my phone. If you are using this app, you don't have to call or text your number to access to your account. You just press the push button and approve it from your phone and access to your account.

Vorteile: The app is very functional and easy to use. It makes the users to secure their accounts and make sure that no one can easily login to their account.

Nachteile: You should make sure that your phone has sufficient battery. If your phone battery dies, you might not be able to access your account on your computer. The slight side effect of using this app is that you just have to have an open phone.

Best thing I ever did for securing my website

Bewertet am 14.10.2016
Jane G.
Web Designer
Selbstständig

Kommentare: Ever since I've started using DuoSecurity to access my website admin interface, I haven't had any breaches in security and I feel safer knowing that hackers can't access my website easily. I've been using DuoSecurity for several years now and offer it as part of my Security Packages when I launch a client's website, because it's a quick setup and for ease of mind. I use an app on my iPhone that sends me a notification when I go to log in to my site, allowing me to "Approve" or "Disapprove" access to the site's admin interface easily. I also use it to access other accounts online that allow for a Code to be entered, giving me that piece of mind that my personal information is secure. Highly recommended!

Vorteile: Security Features, Ease of Use, Apps

Nachteile: Their website is not easy to use because there are so many features available, which might be overwhelming to someone not familiar with it

Easy to use

Bewertet am 9.12.2019
Jen V.
Assistant Director of Finance
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Duo helps us to maintain a secure login to our sites. We use it to access payroll information, reports, our shared drive, and other things you want extra security around.

Vorteile: I like the fact the fact that Duo is so easy to use. You can it up to verify in different ways - through an app, a call, or email. I sue the app which I love. A simple swipe and accept and you are in your site securely. For computers that are secure and you use regularly you can have it remember you for 30 days which is very convenient for sites you use multiple times a day.

Nachteile: I really don't have any complains about the software. It works great for my purposes. The only thing I have heard people complain about is just two step verification in general.

1-click for Two-Factor Authentification

Bewertet am 15.1.2019
Graduate Student
Hochschulbildung, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I have been an end user of Duo Security for the last 2 years, and I think that this is the best software for 2-factor authentification. The Duo App has a simply designed platform. When we sign into the website that requires authentification, we can just type a passcode provided by Duo App on the website or click an authentification request given by Duo App. Yes, it is that easy with Duo.

Nachteile: Setting up the Duo from the scratch can be challenging to some people who are not familiar with two-factor authentification. It is important for organizations or companies to provide a step-by-step installation procedure to users before they start using Duo as their sole authentification method.

Easy in practice, maybe a little pricey

Bewertet am 5.9.2019
Technical Security Officer
Fundraising, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Support is good. New features are rolled out occasionally, so being an admin it is a good idea to keep up-to-date about it.

Vorteile: Working on the end-user side of things is very easy. Just "allow" a login, no hassle with codes. Also having the (Apple) Watch app available means users always have a device very near.
On the admin side of things the configurability is impressive. We are running a sync with or AD so provisioning users is automatic.

Nachteile: It is a bit pricey as ie.e Azure MFA does most of the things as part of the EMS bundle (so if you have that, that is an option). Also on the end-user side, I find the Apple Watch is a little lagging (couple of seconds). Not a big issue, but a little annoying sometimes.

Good

Bewertet am 25.7.2019
Student
Telekommunikation, Selbstständig

Vorteile: I use Duo Security as a part of dual verification sign-in process for university. The phone app was initially difficult to set up and I actually gave up at one point, but once it was on my phone it has been no issues. (I've actually installed and verified a few phones and it always a hassle..) The three options for verifying identify is convenient - call, message, or notification. I generally use notification, but have used call when I had poor cell service. The notification is handy because I do not have to unlock my phone and the notification disappears after you approve the log-in. The time out feature is meant to keep your account secure but can be an issue if you don't have your phone close by/ don't approve in time.

Nachteile: Selecting "Stay logged in for 7 days" only works sometimes for some reason.

Easy to use MF authentication

Bewertet am 6.2.2019
Technology Manager
Hochschulbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have used Duo Authentication at two institutions now as a two-factor authentication means. It is very easy to use and even less tech-savvy coworkers find it easy and straight forward to use.

Vorteile: Once Duo is set up, it's super easy to use, whether responding to a push notification or generating a one-time use password.

Nachteile: When attempting to change preferences in a browser to allow it to retain your login status, you must cancel an initial automatic push from the authentication screen in a browser, check a "remember me" box, then wait some time before attempting another push. This is a security measure, but a minor annoyance when trying to quickly make a change and move on.

Simple and Fast Two-factor Authentication

Forrest H.
Tutor
Bildungsmanagement, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Some of the websites I use require two-factor authentication to add security. DUO is the fastest and easiest way for users to authenticate.

Vorteile: While some users find two-factor authentication tedious, DUO makes the process extremely fast. The phone app seamlessly syncs with any website requiring two-factor authentication. It combines a high level of security with ease and speed that I was looking for in a two-factor security system.

Nachteile: There are some websites that when accessed through a mobile device, are unable to fully load the DUO push notification request page and disallow the website's access sometimes. This may be the responsibility of the website, but since the DUO page will sometimes not load, it prohibits the use of certain websites that require two-factor authentication when on a mobile device.

Simple dual-factor authentication for university

Graduate Research Assistant
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, the benefits of Duo Security outweigh the inconveniences, which are small. I use it as a graduate student to protect my employment information.

Vorteile: Duo Security is generally very simple to use with a smartphone. When WiFi is available, it's as simple as pulling out my phone and accepting a push notification. It gives me peace of mind that my account is more secure.

Nachteile: When your phone isn't getting good WiFi, Duo gets a little tedious. I don't store the app on my main screen, so I have to go into a back folder and find a code to enter in. I also would prefer to have permanent access if I okay it, rather than having to update access every 30 days.

Indispensable - use it every day!

Bewertet am 17.4.2019
Pete S.
Business Development & Media
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I use this daily for access to company website for updates and posting. It travels wherever I go and is lightning fast. Definitely recommend!

Vorteile: Had another authentication app that went out of business and after much trial and error (and frustration) found Duo. Set up was easy and this app works perfectly every time. It's fast and easy to use. In my opinion, this app should be promoted/recommended to companies like GoDaddy when they're selling a website - this protection is so easy and simply invaluable.

Nachteile: Only one slight issue when I upgraded from iPhone 6 to iPhone 8 - it was a bit confusing to register the new device. At a certain point I thought I would have to disable the app and then it just started working - so I might suggest better documentation/walk through on changing devices.

Due is Secure

Bewertet am 11.3.2019
Alireza S.
researcher
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I am a student and my university provides a very secure medium for signing into my account through this app. I feel confident and safe about it since anybody who wants to do sign in should ask me for permission. It is a brilliant idea to communicate with the account owner to increase the security level

Nachteile: I really hate this fact that whenever I want to login into my account when I am working with my laptop or PC, I should find my cellphone to let myself in. I searched on internet to find a Duo software for windows such that I install that on my PC and does not try to find my cellphone for logging in. I hope they develop the computer version of this app because it becomes very annoying especially I am busy on a pile of work