Über Duo Security

Die reibungslose Trusted-Access-Plattform von Duo Security schützt Benutzer, Daten und Anwendungen vor böswilligen Hackern und Datenverstößen.

Erfahre mehr über Duo Security

It does a great job of being straightforward and keeping your accounts secure. It provides new codes on a 30-second basis, making it difficult for hackers to do what they do.

If I close all of my internet windows, I have to re-certify everything again so that can be annoying. Also, I purchased a new cell phone after several months of using Duo.

Bewertungen zu Duo Security

Duo Security hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 513 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Duo Security bereits verwendet?

Barry

Cynthia
Sachbearbeiterin in Deutschland
Einzelhandel, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Duo Security

Einfacher Login und schnelle Übermittlung des Codes zum Login.

Bisher keinerlei negative Erfahrungen gemacht.

Markus

Gayan
Technical Lead in USA
Computer-Software, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Hassle free two-factor authenticator

Regardless of the technology or platform which are targeting to integrate the multi-factor authentication Duo Security provides the flexibility to integrate with the largely used identity platforms/providers. The use of the app is very easy and convenient with the enablement of biometric authentication. For the authorization process, it takes just one click. The app is that user-friendly. Not like other application available Duo is really easy to use and integrate.

Nothing that I can think of that I like least.

Ian
Prevent Manager in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Outstanding MFA Security

Kommentare: Our users and administrators have both given positive feedback with using Duo. I would recommend to organizations looking to have reliable and secure logins.

Multifactor authentication has been effective at making users have to sign in securely to our networks. Duo admin console is easy for our techs to learn and user setup takes a few minutes to complete. The device and user management for sign-ins allows us to manage the authentication more effectively.

We have experienced the admin console inaccessible at times when there have been updates or outages. The timer for accepting pushes doesn't always sync up correctly.

Lani
Team Leader in Philippinen
Telekommunikation, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Duo security user's feedback

Kommentare: I have used this for years and it really helped us

Helping us login on our vpn since we need this to work

Sometimes the login of Duo doesnt work and it is frustrating

Aaron
Associate Director Business Systems in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

If DUO doesn't work, expect your company to be shut down for an unknown amount of time

Kommentare: I was solving authentication, I will be investigating switching to another MFA solution as soon as possible.

Our company switched Managed Service Providers, and we used DUO. When we switched over, DUO authentication stopped working. We had multiple users who DUO simply stopped working for. We and our MSP were unable to contact DUO support after multiple hours. I did get through to a person who put the phone down and appeared to be watching a video on YouTube in the background for about 10 minutes and then hung up on me. This had a serious negative impact on our business and I'm surprised that we were unable to get anyone to assist at all with such a business critical feature.

That when support is needed you can spend multiple hours on hold without any assistance. When someone does actually pick up the pick up the phone and place it on their desk and do not actually answer the call.

Mark
Operations Manager in UK
Hausmeisterservice, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Duo Security

I like how simple and straightforward this tool is. We have rolled this out for staff to sign in securely to their work devices and adds that little extra layer of security to our organisation.

At times there can be delays on receiving either the code or push notifications which can be an easy to then gain access.

Jorge Mario
CISO in Kolumbien
Finanzdienstleistungen, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Flexible and Easy to Implement MFA

Kommentare: We use Duo to provide better security to our end users and to comply with regulatory requirements. The solution is inexpensive, easy to use and integrate with the existing applications.

Duo is a cheap, flexible solution that allows a company to easily implement MFA on corporate applications.Pros: - Out of the box integrations with applications such as Office365, Salesforce, Microsoft ADFS, etc.- Adding users is easy, with several enrollment methods (automatic, email based, sms based, etc.)- Using the application is easy, it is just a matter of accepting a push, or entering a numeric code.

So far I haven't had any issues with the solution. It was implemented for Office365 and ADFS in less than an hour.

Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Amazing Software for MFA authentication

Kommentare: Overall Duo has helped us improving device security and we were able to integrate with our Palo Alto Firewall devices and had pretty smooth experience.

This worked pretty smoothly, when logging in the security devices such as firewalls, with duo we made sure no unauthorized users is logging into the devices with Multi Factor Authentication mechanism. With duo we simply were able to compliance with Zero Trust Model, no unauthorized users can make the changes on the system.

They can work on their mobile application and make sure to improve the user experience, I feel bit delay while receiving the authentication request. Also on mobile app they can make it like only one finger touch is enough to authenticate the user. So less clicks can make the experience way better.

Stephen
Stephen
Security Engineer in USA
Computer-Software, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Security to fill a gap, but not comprehensive offering

Kommentare: Duo Security is a strong SaaS product to fill the very specific infrastructure gap of 2-factor authentication for infrastructure.

Duo Security is a great product to fill a very specific gap in infrastructure security, specifically for SSH management. For requirements for 2-factor authentication for SSH, Duo is quick to implement

Duo is difficult to enroll users with, which creates a significantly higher administrative overhead than other options. There are also significantly more delays in the Duo pushed-based notification systems (depending on the user and their network, etc.), which can cause issues for users authenticating.

Samantha
Firm Administrator in USA
Buchhaltung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Works Well

Kommentare: Duo security works perfectly to add additional security to our login process.

I like the simplicity of the multifactor authentication process. It was easy to deploy on our phones and works perfectly each day.

I do not have any cons to list. This product functions as it should and does the job. Compared to the product that we switched from though, I do feel that DUO provides less security.

E-Learning, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Duo Security is great at multi-factor authentication

I liked that it connected to my phone and it was easy to get the passwords and respond to the notification to sign in. I liked that my organization valued my security and was investing in products to keep me and my data safe

It took some time to adjust to this software but that was because it was the first multi-factor authentication that I used. Now that it has been a few years, I am fully on board and don't find it inconvenient anymore

Barry
Ops Mgr in Belize
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Duo Security - Easiest DFA hands down

Kommentare: We love Duo Security. The implementation on our remote servers and web servers gives us piece of mind knowing that our important infrastructure is secured with DFA/2FA (Dual or two factor authentication). It's very easy to setup DFA on a remote server which is good too.

I like the integration with mobile and smart watches. I use Duo on a daily basis to login in to servers and online services. What I love the most is that as long as I'm wearing my smart watch I can approve logins directly from it. No passwords, no pins, biometrics needed. The authentication push is instantaneous which keeps the login on the target device/service from timing out.

What I like least is the quality of the hardware tokens. They don't seem to last very long (less than 1 year) and have to resync'd once or twice annually. For me this is no longer an issue because I authenticate using mobile or smart watch pushes. It would be nice to know that if my watch or phone were to die that the token is always reliable.

Senior Program Manager in USA
Computer-Software, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Two-factor authentication that just works!

Kommentare: Our organization has been using Duo Security two-factor authentication for years. The entire solution is incredibly reliable. The mobile app works great and is very easy to use. End-users can quickly and easily enroll their own devices via a self-service portal. This is very convenient whenever you get a new phone. Approval notifications can also be sent via phone, text or push. Push notifications are also supported on the Apple Watch. Although it's rarely needed, online support documentation is very robust. The best thing about Duo Security is...it just works, every time.

- User-friendly self-service portal for new device enrollment and management - New account setup is easily done via scanning a QR code - Multiple options for approval codes or notifications including phone, text or push (includes Apple Watch) - Push notifications can be approved directly from the iOS lock screen - Approval is also compatible with Face ID on iOS devices - One-time bypass codes can be used for lost devices or temporary access - Support for Universal 2nd Factor (U2F) security tokens - Great online support and documentation library - Flexible subscription plans with affordable pricing

When using an outdated version of the app, iOS push notifications just stop working without any error message or notification

Carlos
Carlos
Sales Support Analyst in Costa Rica
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Amazing Two-Factor Authenticator

Kommentare: Great experience, user friendly and having this installed as an app on your Smartphone and not a physical key is amazing!

You get push notifications instantly, and you don't even need to get into the app, it can display a notification in your notifications bar (Android User) and you can approve/deny from there. Also, if by mistake you deny the login attempt, it gives you a "second chance" to get into the app itself and approve it.

Nothing to complain about this as of now, I was an RSA SecurID user and having to carry that small key was a nightmare. One thing I'd like is to get Duo Security for Windows, I work remotely and I could have that installed on my home's PC. What if I get my phone stolen and unable to buy a new one???

Zachary
Full Stack Engineer in USA
Computer-Software, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

A simple solution that works

Kommentare: Duo Security performs as it claims and works well. It's simple, and I don't have to think when using it, which is great.

I like the convenience factor most. Some two-factor authentication solutions take some time (entering a code, etc.), but I love how Duo has an Apple Watch widget that allows me to make a single click to authenticate. I also appreciate the simplicity of the UI. I also like the QR code pairing that some sites have to set up the Duo config. It's quick and easy.

I have no complaints, so it's difficult to write about what I like least. If I were forced to make a suggestion, it would be to make the mobile app more visually appealing.

Cory
Associate Attorney in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Easy to Use and Effective

Kommentare: I am able to log in remotely and do my work from home, which has been very important with the pandemic.

It is very easy to go to the app and generate a code on my device that I can then type into my login screen for my work laptop. Within seconds, I'm able to securely log into my system and be connected remotely. It is much more user-friendly and hassle-free than the last software we used for it.

I don't have anything specifically bad to say about this software . It does what I need it to do and it hasn't caused any issues.

Buchhaltung, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Best Two Factor Identification App

I have used Duo for Two Factor Identification Security at two different employers so far in my career. It is such an easy to use, efficient and effective application. It eliminates the need to keep track of external network keys, passwords, and other redundant programs. I feel safe and secure with Duo Two Factor Identification because it requires both my phone and fingerprint in order to gain access to protected software.

Earlier this year I had to replace my iPhone and after I restored my new device from backup my Duo Two Vactor Identification was no longer linked. To my surprise, It took several hours to restore and reset my security settings at work the next morning. Although the Duo reset was quite inconvenient for me that day, restoring software is both an infrequent and uncommon occurrence for me.

Scott
Rep Communications Manager in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

An added layer of security when working remotely

Kommentare: Duo Security offers us the ability to work away from the office with minimal fear of having sensitive material exposed to unauthorized users. Working from home is often essential, so I'm glad we have Duo Security to help make it possible.

Duo Security effectively enables users to securely access their organization's network. Once you've signed in on your computer, a push notification is sent to your smartphone. Just click to approve it, and you are securely connected to the network. An unauthorized user would be unable to gain access without having possession of your phone. I appreciate that it's generally a quick, no-hassle process; signing in takes only a few seconds.

Occasionally it takes a couple of attempts to sign in to the network. Additionally, it can be inconvenient to need to have your phone handy whenever you sign in. I've had my phone charging in another room when I realize I have to go get it in order to sign in.

Schreiben & Editieren, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Easy Two-Factor Authentication

Kommentare: Duo Security would be in my list of top-ten "essential" apps for smart devices.

My employer uses Duo Security for two-factor authentication when logging into HR-related software or, more recently, Covid-testing & compliance. Two-factor authentication is the gold standard for login security. Duo mobile immediately sends a push to my smart device (phone, watch, etc.) where I approve the login request. I am consistently amazed at the speed of two-factor authentication; as soon as I approve the login, Duo confirms and logs me in. It makes two-factor authentication nearly effortless.

Those using multiple accounts for multiple employers may have to shuffle with the software a bit, but it is nothing overwhelming.

Thea
Customer Service Representative in Philippinen
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Duo Security: Your partner to WFH set up

More and more employees are looking for job opportunities that are on WAH set up. Most likely because the living expenses are getting higher on a rate that we cant keep up. So as companies try to transition in providing the best experience for the employees but still ensuring their data privacy. I'd say Duo is a great companion. You cant access social media sites when it's turned on, cant even stream videos outside your company's domain. One good layer of protection for data that are essential for the clients and customers. Duo Security is also easy to understand, the graphics are simple. The navigation plane and home page is very basic and doesn't really take up too much storage space on your phone.

One great enhancement would be if the Push Notifications are accessible from the notification bar just like how you can approve it by one tap and without having to open the app itself. As long as the device is paired to the company domain.

Tiefbau, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Super easy to use mobile 2-factor authentication software

Kommentare: I have been using it for over 2 years and have never had an issue. It is very easy to use.

The way it connects to Cisco AnyConnect VPN so that I can safely connect to my work's network. I don't have to worry that someone will get into their network via my account because Duo is tied to my cell phone. It's very easy to use, you just open the app, click the show button on the 6 digit code, and punch that into AnyConnect when you try to connect. They also have an apple watch app so that you can receive the notifications on your watch to log in.

No qualms. It does what it's supposed to and does it in the most lightweight and streamlined way possible.

Mahipal Singh
Software Engineer in Indien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Duo Security Review

Kommentare: My overall experience with Duo Security is very good. It helps my organisation to secure the company resources or data which I can access via my credentials by adding the real-time authentication system. It helps them to secure the data if their members credentials get compromised.

Multi-Factor Authentication is the best feature I like most. It makes my data or resources secure even if my credentials got compromised. Through their real-time authentication process, users can authenticate themselves from anywhere and then they can access their resources. It also helps an organisation secure its data or resources.

As of now, I don't have anything which I don't like about this software.

Fundraising, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Easy in practice, maybe a little pricey

Kommentare: Support is good. New features are rolled out occasionally, so being an admin it is a good idea to keep up-to-date about it.

Working on the end-user side of things is very easy. Just "allow" a login, no hassle with codes. Also having the (Apple) Watch app available means users always have a device very near. On the admin side of things the configurability is impressive. We are running a sync with or AD so provisioning users is automatic.

It is a bit pricey as ie.e Azure MFA does most of the things as part of the EMS bundle (so if you have that, that is an option). Also on the end-user side, I find the Apple Watch is a little lagging (couple of seconds). Not a big issue, but a little annoying sometimes.

cody
Director of IT in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Inexpensive MFA Solution

Once you set up the Duo proxy, the product is very easy to use.

There seems to be a weekly issue with notifications of some failed component or other.