Duo Security Erfahrungen

Über Duo Security

Die reibungslose Trusted-Access-Plattform von Duo Security schützt Benutzer, Daten und Anwendungen vor böswilligen Hackern und Datenverstößen.

Erfahre mehr über Duo Security

It does a great job of being straightforward and keeping your accounts secure. It provides new codes on a 30-second basis, making it difficult for hackers to do what they do.

If I close all of my internet windows, I have to re-certify everything again so that can be annoying. Also, I purchased a new cell phone after several months of using Duo.

Bewertungen zu Duo Security

Duo Security hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,6 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 377 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Duo Security bereits verwendet?

Barry

Senior IT Specialist in USA
Hochschulbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

The MFA champion

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

The mobile app for Duo is extremely intuitive and easy to use. As we implemented the product in our organization we were impressed with how little hand-holding was required for our user-base to adapt to the new authentication workflow.

This is going to seem nitpicky, and it is, but when the mobile application was recently re-written the location of the "accept/allow" login button switched from one side of the screen to the other. Users who frequently use the app very likely denied their login inadvertently.

Sr Engineer in USA
Tiefbau, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Super easy to use mobile 2-factor authentication software

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: I have been using it for over 2 years and have never had an issue. It is very easy to use.

The way it connects to Cisco AnyConnect VPN so that I can safely connect to my work's network. I don't have to worry that someone will get into their network via my account because Duo is tied to my cell phone. It's very easy to use, you just open the app, click the show button on the 6 digit code, and punch that into AnyConnect when you try to connect. They also have an apple watch app so that you can receive the notifications on your watch to log in.

No qualms. It does what it's supposed to and does it in the most lightweight and streamlined way possible.

AE in Kanada
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Duo Mobile

3,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Overall, because of these two experiences. I am genuinely going to look into an alternative option and preferably leave Duo as a personal preference. I love how secure it is but it's not okay to have a safety exit that doesn't work - like come on?

No one will ever get in to your apps or info

If you need to get in, you won't be able to. I had a phone stolen, and then unfortunately lost not long after I got a new phone. I had my back up codes saved when when the first one was stolen - did not let me into any of my apps and the worst part is - they give you 8-10 codes to use for a 'back up'. When the first one was stolen, I was extra safe and careful and then I sadly lost that one and I could, once again, not get into a single app using my back up codes.

Network Engineer in Indien
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Amazing Software for MFA authentication

Kommentare: Overall Duo has helped us improving device security and we were able to integrate with our Palo Alto Firewall devices and had pretty smooth experience.

This worked pretty smoothly, when logging in the security devices such as firewalls, with duo we made sure no unauthorized users is logging into the devices with Multi Factor Authentication mechanism. With duo we simply were able to compliance with Zero Trust Model, no unauthorized users can make the changes on the system.

They can work on their mobile application and make sure to improve the user experience, I feel bit delay while receiving the authentication request. Also on mobile app they can make it like only one finger touch is enough to authenticate the user. So less clicks can make the experience way better.

Mahipal Singh
Software Engineer in Indien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Duo Security Review

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: My overall experience with Duo Security is very good. It helps my organisation to secure the company resources or data which I can access via my credentials by adding the real-time authentication system. It helps them to secure the data if their members credentials get compromised.

Multi-Factor Authentication is the best feature I like most. It makes my data or resources secure even if my credentials got compromised. Through their real-time authentication process, users can authenticate themselves from anywhere and then they can access their resources. It also helps an organisation secure its data or resources.

As of now, I don't have anything which I don't like about this software.

Anna
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Peace of Mind with Duo Security

5,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Overall, I have peace of mind logging into work and knowing that my information is secure. The app is easy to use and easy to setup.

I use Duo Security when I log into work. Before Each shift, I log in and send a notification to the Duo app and click the pop up to login. I feel safer with the added security. Users have the ability to get a push, call, or passcode notification to log in. It is also easy to set up.

The biggest con is that it is an app for the phone. I broke my phone and could not log into work. I had to contact my management team to figure out a work around. Another disadvantage is the types of phones it works for. A few coworkers had older models and it did not work with their phone.

Christina
Help Desk Supervisor in USA
Hochschulbildung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

MFA options for all users

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

single interface for administering all users and devices; MFA options for all end users, and the ability to text self ten codes for backup - easy for admins to enable and disable accounts and devices

not all user and device features integrated with each other in admin console - in app, have multiple accounts with the same name (because was not always given option to name account on setup), and now have trouble telling them apart in order to rename them.

Psychologist in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Duo Security to log in to emails

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: I feel more secure in knowing my personal and work information are safe by using Duo Security.

I use Duo Security for multifactor aunthentication to log in to my work and univerity email accounts. It is very easy to use through my phone application or sometimes I also request for a phone call to verify my identity.

It is a bit of a hassle to reinstall the app and get it to work when you change phones.

Vishesh
Vishesh
Senior Engineer in Indien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Best Authentication Application

4,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

It is one of the best authentication application, the user can easily authenticate with the help of a call or mobile push message.

Sometimes the authentication over the call fails not sure why that happens but it happened with me many times.

Intern in USA
Computer-Software, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

An easy to use 2FA

4,0 letzten Monat Neu

Duo does a very good job at providing a simple to use 2 factor authentication that is easy to access. Whether it's through a text, call, or the app, Duo makes it very easy to quickly verify your identity.

I think that the app could be send the notification via a full screen pop up rather than just a notification. The notification might be swiped away and then you have to open up the app to verify your identity.

Barry
Ops Mgr in Belize

Duo Security - Easiest DFA hands down

Kommentare: We love Duo Security. The implementation on our remote servers and web servers gives us piece of mind knowing that our important infrastructure is secured with DFA/2FA (Dual or two factor authentication). It's very easy to setup DFA on a remote server which is good too.

I like the integration with mobile and smart watches. I use Duo on a daily basis to login in to servers and online services. What I love the most is that as long as I'm wearing my smart watch I can approve logins directly from it. No passwords, no pins, biometrics needed. The authentication push is instantaneous which keeps the login on the target device/service from timing out.

What I like least is the quality of the hardware tokens. They don't seem to last very long (less than 1 year) and have to resync'd once or twice annually. For me this is no longer an issue because I authenticate using mobile or smart watch pushes. It would be nice to know that if my watch or phone were to die that the token is always reliable.

Kalin
Kalin
Hochschulbildung, Selbstständig

Great Security Software

Kommentare: Overall I have found Duo to be a great method for securing my data and private accounts. It has allowed me to make sure that sensitive information stays safe and away from prying eyes. It also gives me a sense of security financially, as some of my accounts secured by Duo are linked to payment portals.

Duo is a great way to ensure that your electronic information and accounts are secure. I have used it as a student and I have found that it is reliable and provides peace of mind. It provides a dual authentication process so that no one can access my accounts but me. I like that any attempt to login to an account sends a notification instantly to my personal cell phone, allowing me to approve or deny access.

I have experienced a few technical bugs with the software in my time using it, though they are relatively infrequent. There are times when Duo will push a login approval to my phone and then fail to allow me to log in to my profile even though I have accepted the push. It can also be confusing trying to figure out how to change settings with Duo. For example, if you have set the software to preferentially send an automatic push upon requesting login, it can be difficult to change that setting. There could be a little more clear direction regarding that process from Duo.

Senior Program Manager in USA
Computer-Software, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Two-factor authentication that just works!

Kommentare: Our organization has been using Duo Security two-factor authentication for years. The entire solution is incredibly reliable. The mobile app works great and is very easy to use. End-users can quickly and easily enroll their own devices via a self-service portal. This is very convenient whenever you get a new phone. Approval notifications can also be sent via phone, text or push. Push notifications are also supported on the Apple Watch. Although it's rarely needed, online support documentation is very robust. The best thing about Duo Security is...it just works, every time.

- User-friendly self-service portal for new device enrollment and management - New account setup is easily done via scanning a QR code - Multiple options for approval codes or notifications including phone, text or push (includes Apple Watch) - Push notifications can be approved directly from the iOS lock screen - Approval is also compatible with Face ID on iOS devices - One-time bypass codes can be used for lost devices or temporary access - Support for Universal 2nd Factor (U2F) security tokens - Great online support and documentation library - Flexible subscription plans with affordable pricing

When using an outdated version of the app, iOS push notifications just stop working without any error message or notification

Gayan
Gayan
Technical Lead in USA
Computer-Software, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Hassle free two-factor authenticator

Regardless of the technology or platform which are targeting to integrate the multi-factor authentication Duo Security provides the flexibility to integrate with the largely used identity platforms/providers. The use of the app is very easy and convenient with the enablement of biometric authentication. For the authorization process, it takes just one click. The app is that user-friendly. Not like other application available Duo is really easy to use and integrate.

Nothing that I can think of that I like least.

Matthew
Matthew
Software Architect in Jamaika

Simplified Security

Kommentare: I enjoy the endpoint security perspective of the application coupled with the simplistic user interface - this is very good for non-tech users working remotely.

I like that Duo let's you know what might compromise your experience on a platform. It tells you to upgrade your android/iOS handset and gives a severity level. This is great from an endpoint security perspective.

At times - the app takes a little time to prompt the user that an attempt is being made. This may be a function of slow infrastructure, but it is hard to assess.

Wendy
Fellow Physician in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

A must have for security and log in authentication

Kommentare: Definitely very satisfied with it. It is a very universal and must needed tool for companies to use at work to ensure their log ins do not get hacked by other people as the notification is sent directly to you and no one else. It is very user friendly and very straight forward. A must download!

I use this daily at work when I log into my work email and work related websites. It is a very handy program (I download the app onto my phone) and whenever I log in, it would send a ping to my app on my phone which I then use to approve the log in, and then it allows me to log in. This is a sure way to prevent others from hacking into your log and ensures the highest level of security. All the employees at my company/hospital use it and we all highly recommend it! It is very straightforward and very easy to use!

None whatsoever, the program is so user friendly and very straightforward. Definitely a must have for security use for logging in at work or public computers.

Linda
Office Coordinator in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Duo Security a MUST have!

Kommentare: The software was literally installed in less than 5 minutes with the help of our IT departments. Multiple questions along with your personal log in allows this to serve as a protection not only for the clients we serve but for me as well should anyone ever attempt to access using my identity.

This process is ABSOLUTELY a must have in todays cyber world. Using a dual authentication system to access your internet services was easy to set up and even easier to install and use. Any work environment where sensitive or personal data, demographics, or financial information should all be required to provide their employees with this type of DUO security. It is installed easily with the use of your IT department and changes, revisions, updates are also handled by them as well. It truly is a better way to make sure we are doing all we can to keep our internet and services safe.

Honestly I had no issue with the install or the software.

Carlos
Carlos
Sales Support Analyst in Costa Rica

Amazing Two-Factor Authenticator

Kommentare: Great experience, user friendly and having this installed as an app on your Smartphone and not a physical key is amazing!

You get push notifications instantly, and you don't even need to get into the app, it can display a notification in your notifications bar (Android User) and you can approve/deny from there. Also, if by mistake you deny the login attempt, it gives you a "second chance" to get into the app itself and approve it.

Nothing to complain about this as of now, I was an RSA SecurID user and having to carry that small key was a nightmare. One thing I'd like is to get Duo Security for Windows, I work remotely and I could have that installed on my home's PC. What if I get my phone stolen and unable to buy a new one???

Mirza
Research Assistant in USA
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Duo is the best & free two factor authentication you could use

Kommentare: Very easy to use and integrate into daily life. Makes me have peace of mind that no one can hack into any of my accounts. Even if they try to login, I can simply deny their login request. I have been using this for almost two years now, never encountered a problem.

The ease of use is the best feature. It is simple to operate and makes logins more secure. You can easily link your google account or your bank account from the link option available. To login you can choose to receive a call, or a push notification (phone internet connectivity required) or enter a passcode (provided by the duo app). You also have the option to remember your device for a maximum of 60 days. You can still login if you don't have internet connectivity on you phone by using the "enter passcode option" or simply receiving a conformation call to you phone. And that is pretty much all you need!

There is nothing to dislike about this software. Although, I would like to point out that you have to be careful of not giving your phone to anyone. Just don't lose your phone.

Stephen
Stephen
Security Engineer in USA
Computer-Software, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Security to fill a gap, but not comprehensive offering

Kommentare: Duo Security is a strong SaaS product to fill the very specific infrastructure gap of 2-factor authentication for infrastructure.

Duo Security is a great product to fill a very specific gap in infrastructure security, specifically for SSH management. For requirements for 2-factor authentication for SSH, Duo is quick to implement

Duo is difficult to enroll users with, which creates a significantly higher administrative overhead than other options. There are also significantly more delays in the Duo pushed-based notification systems (depending on the user and their network, etc.), which can cause issues for users authenticating.

Anindita
Postdoctoral scholar in USA
Forschung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Duo Security: Secure yes but keep phone close

Kommentare: Maybe Duo should incorporate other ways to allow access alongside mobile devices. The reason being many a time mobile phones are not connected to the internet or not in the vicinity.

Our university switched to Duo securities some time back for authentication purposes. Security, of course, increased several folds. Also, Duo allowed multiple login/authentication. The enhanced security becomes very prudent when dealing with sensitive data.

Be ready to keep your mobile phone close to you when you want to access the accounts that need authentication via duo. My biggest issue is the extreme dependence on mobile phones. If the phone is lost or not in your vicinity, it becomes cumbersome to log in. Also, once you login the software sends a push notification to your mobile. The duration that push notification remains active is significantly less. There have been many instances when a notification was pushed to my mobile device, and my device was not within my reach. By the time I retrieve my device, the push notification expired.

Cory
Associate Attorney in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Easy to Use and Effective

Kommentare: I am able to log in remotely and do my work from home, which has been very important with the pandemic.

It is very easy to go to the app and generate a code on my device that I can then type into my login screen for my work laptop. Within seconds, I'm able to securely log into my system and be connected remotely. It is much more user-friendly and hassle-free than the last software we used for it.

I don't have anything specifically bad to say about this software . It does what I need it to do and it hasn't caused any issues.

Juliette
Bildungsmanagement, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Review from Student

Kommentare: Good experience overall, and it is not a hassle to use Duo. I have heard very few complaints from other students and colleagues at my university.

Duo makes it very easy for me to log-on to my student account at my university. I like how it is intuitive to use on iPhone especially, and it gives me the option to call or text my phone. I rarely use the "call" feature, however, because I am always using wifi. The Duo Security app pops up immediately, and I am able to approve the request quickly from my phone. I feel very secure with this software, especially since the pin changes every few seconds.

I don't always have my phone with me, which makes it impossible to log in. I wish there was a feature where I could receive an email instead of a call or a text on Duo. I have not seen this feature at all, but it would make my life easier.

Alec
Alec
Analog Design Engineer in USA
Halbleiter, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Duo is a standard and effective tool for secure access

Kommentare: Duo security is my main program for two factor authentication, and I will continue to use it for this! I like how simple and easy to use it is, and I am thankful that I can trust this program to help secure my accounts.

I like how simple and straightforward Duo is as a tool -- when I need to connect to a program requiring two factor authentication, I can simply attempt the login and Duo prompts me via my phone, which I can then authorize. I like how simple and straightforward this tool is, and I am grateful that it helps me secure access to my private accounts.

What I like least about Duo is how limited the features are of this tool. Sometimes I need to connect to an account using Duo but don't have internet on my phone, and I wish Duo provided alternatives for authentication via computer or phone, but this program lacks these features.

Audit Senior in USA
Buchhaltung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Best Two Factor Identification App

I have used Duo for Two Factor Identification Security at two different employers so far in my career. It is such an easy to use, efficient and effective application. It eliminates the need to keep track of external network keys, passwords, and other redundant programs. I feel safe and secure with Duo Two Factor Identification because it requires both my phone and fingerprint in order to gain access to protected software.

Earlier this year I had to replace my iPhone and after I restored my new device from backup my Duo Two Vactor Identification was no longer linked. To my surprise, It took several hours to restore and reset my security settings at work the next morning. Although the Duo reset was quite inconvenient for me that day, restoring software is both an infrequent and uncommon occurrence for me.