Über Boxcryptor

Verschlüsselungs-Software für den Einsatz mit Cloud-Anbietern, wie Dropbox, Google Drive und Microsoft One Drive.

Erfahre mehr über Boxcryptor

Digestive endoscopy
Landwirtschaft, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 24.11.2018

"Free software for privacy-minded users who use the cloud"

Kommentare: My sensitive files are on the web and I am not too concerned about them remaining private. It would not be the case with Dropbox without Boxcryptor

Vorteile: It has a free version that encrypts locally your files and then syncs with a variety of cloud services. I use Dropbox and it works flawlessly, on Mac and Android. I am not a security specialist but they seem trustable based on the explanations on their site (I read there 3-4 years ago when I began to use the software). If you want to encrypt the names of your files or sync more than 2 devices, there is a fee.

Nachteile: Nothing for me. For paying users, I prefer software that is not subscription-based.

• Bewertet am 24.11.2018
Rob O.
Therapist
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 10.9.2019

"Much Needed Cloud Security Solution"

Kommentare: I am currently evaluating Boxcryptor to see if I would like to move up to the paid plan; the software looks really promising and I am thinking that it my trial continues to go well it will take care of cloud security and allow me to store more online - meaning that my business documents are available wherever I am (which is currently a headache as they're not!)

Vorteile: I like the wide range of cloud providers that Boxcryptor works with; I have multiple free accounts with cloud providers, and this software covers them all. I like the fact that I can trial the software fully before purchasing.

Nachteile: At the moment I'm having difficulty with some longer file names and the product, though I must admit that I haven't fully read through the support forums and suspect that there may be a quick fix for this.

• Bewertet am 10.9.2019
Corey K.
Graduate Student
Hochschulbildung, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 5.4.2020

"Generally Good Choice"

Kommentare: It's a great, affordable product for people who want a simple way to encrypt high-quality, but insecure cloud storage options such as Google Drive and Dropbox.

Vorteile: It's so easy to use. It works pretty seamlessly with Dropbox and Onedrive.

Nachteile: I don't like how Dropbox Paper files are damaged if encrypted through Boxcryptor.

• Bewertet am 5.4.2020
Florian L.
Web Developer
Medienproduktion, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 24.7.2018

"Easy to use but comes with some major downsides"

Vorteile: It only takes a few minutes to install the software and start encrypting your files. After that, everything works very smoothly (on desktop) and you never have to worry about the security of your cloud storage again. The user experience is great, which is even more important in this case than it usually is. With encrypted files, you never want to get locked out by mistake, so it is vital that users feel safe with the process. Boxcryptor is a well-designed product in this regard.

Nachteile: The code is closed source and there are no security audits, so you have to put a lot of trust into the developers of this software. Apart from that, the Android app is a disaster. It is very slow, it keeps crashing and it doesn't work as expected. Being able to automatically encrypt and upload your camera roll in the background sound like a fantastic feature, but a lot of the time it just doesn't work.

• Bewertet am 24.7.2018
Attorney
Anwaltskanzlei, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 18.2.2020

"Possibly outdated"

Kommentare: It works well but I think I'll probably stop renewing the membership upon the next cycle since OneDrive seems to have addressed this security concern by encrypting everything themselves.

Vorteile: I really liked that it allowed me to encrypt my OneDrive account so that Microsoft can't see it. Unfortunately, it may now be a bit superfluous.

Nachteile: The updates are a bit glitchy sometimes and they tend to reset my settings. It's supposed to prompt me for a pin every time the program opens on my desktop, but it stopped doing so. This is fine because I trust my spouse, but it also means my computer isn't safe from an intruder that is able to get passed the welcome screen of my desktop.

• Bewertet am 18.2.2020
Alex R.
Sales Manager
Konsumgüter, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 8.2.2017

"Make Your Cloud Storage Service Encrypted"

Kommentare: Boxcryptor is my only and first choice when it comes to file encryption on cloud storage services. This software is free, simple, easy to use and effortless too. It's installation is quick and set up takes a couple of minutes. What I really like is its "zero-knowledge provider" means it makes my file or folder impossible to decrypt if incase I forget the password. No reset password option is present so be sure to keep your password safe. Its true value for money.

Vorteile: Files are encrypted in virtual drive, Highly secure, Available in all platform windows, mac and chrome

Nachteile: No password reset option (which makes it impossible to hack)

• Bewertet am 8.2.2017
Doug M.
Director Of Web Development
  • Bewertet am 8.1.2019

"Great addition to dropbox"

Vorteile: I like how easy this is to use in conjunction with dropbox.

Nachteile: You have to pay to obscure the filenames.

• Bewertet am 8.1.2019
Andrea S.
Optometrist/Owner
Medizinische Praxis, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 13.11.2017

"Very simple to use and integrates well with online storage"

Kommentare: I feel my confidential files are safe if I have a device stolen or someone accesses my Dropbox files.

Vorteile: This is simple to use and flexible. I like that within the same folder (I use Dropbox mostly), you can encrypt some folders and not others. It is easy to unencrypt.

Nachteile: The free version allows you to use the software on two machines and for two online services. For more, you have to buy the paid version. I can't get the iPhone version to work.

• Bewertet am 13.11.2017
Kazi S.
  • Bewertet am 6.2.2017

"Give Your Cloud Files An Extra Layer Of Encryption With A Boxcryptor Folder"

Kommentare: It is good to keep files safe while dealing with online cloud services. For the same I like Boxcryptor. It provides an extra layer of encryption to my cloud service. I use it with Skydrive and Dropbox which works very fine without any issue. It creates a folder on my cloud account and encrypts everything inside it. On top of that, I can assign a password to my Boxcryptor folder, which will keep files in it safe even if my account get hacked. I love this software and its great.

Vorteile: Two step encryption, Easy to use, Simple and clear user interface.

Nachteile: No Cons

• Bewertet am 6.2.2017
Postdoctoral Research Associate & Teaching Fellow
Forschung, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 10.8.2018

"excellent encryption tool for cloud data"

Vorteile: It's very easy to use in Window, makes me feel safe about personal data in the cloud

Nachteile: Needs a better integration with Ubuntu operating system

• Bewertet am 10.8.2018
  • Bewertet am 27.9.2018

"One of the most important application"

Kommentare: I use it to keep sensitive files secured in google drive.

Vorteile: I like how it is easy to use this application. You just set a pin on it so when you need to access files you enter short pin (or full password if you want) and then it shows your files decrypted and you can work with them while everything stays encrypted in the cloud.

Nachteile: In my case it solves all my problems. I couldn't find any specific issues.

• Bewertet am 27.9.2018
Arie B.
  • Bewertet am 12.2.2017

"Much Recommended"

Kommentare: I was looking for a file sharing solution and came across this on google.
This one is really worth a shot

• Bewertet am 12.2.2017