Über Homebase

Die moderne Software für lokale Unternehmen und deren Teams spart Zeit bei der Mitarbeitereinsatzplanung, Zeiterfassung, Einstellung und Teamkommunikation.

Erfahre mehr über Homebase

I love how easy this is to set up and it also integrates with several payroll processors.

There is no undo or go back for example if I accidentally change or delete something it is what it is.

Bewertungen zu Homebase

Homebase hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,6 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 992 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Homebase bereits verwendet?

Maxwell
Maxwell
Consultant in USA
Essen & Trinken, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Scheduling & Labor Costing

Kommentare: Years of working with Homebase have shown that they constantly improve their product, and make it easier to use with integrations with common applications (via API access).

Quite honestly, one of the first things I recommend to businesses that want to schedule employees and know their labor costs that are up to the minute.

The one feature that I do wish was available, would be a calendar view that showed the entire department or business, so that it could be displayed on a monitor or web-based application.

Sara
HR Manager in USA
Sicherheit & Untersuchungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Integral for streamlining scheduling

5,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

I would not have been able to scale to multiple job sites without the help of Homebase

I really cannot think of anything. I absolutely love this tool.

Jennifer
Owner, President, Veterinarian in USA
Tierarzt, 11–50 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Its a total scam and not worth it

1,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: terrible- it is very hard to see the schedule and use and for the minimal function a small company needs it is very expensive and we have never been a priority with the company at all- they don't care about the little guy

If you had a large company it might be useful to you but unless you use all the features it is a waste of money.

It is very expensive. The support is terrible and takes a week to do anything. If you sign up and want to cancel 2 months later you still have to pay for the entire year. it is a scan to make money

Crystal
Owner HR Director in USA
Gastgewerbe, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Everyone loves Homebase

User friendly, highly functional, efficient and effective mobile platform, great customer service! I've never had an HR or work app that employees and management unequivocally love ... but Homebase hits the mark for everyone!

Homebase costs us more overall than any other products we've used but it's worth the money. The "time off" tracking functionality is really basic and not as robust as I wish it was.

Doh
chief operations officer in USA
Essen & Trinken, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

10 years and still my favorite

5,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

i've been using homebase for at least 10 years, and it is the very best. it's so very user-friendly, and the features are top-notch. i'm a huge fan.

there's nothing i dislike about homebase, and if i did, they listen to their clients and add/improve features regularly.

Andrea
Immobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great Payroll Software

5,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Homebase is very user-freindly and allows you to make corrections or changes easily. The cost is reasonable compared to other payroll software and Homebase pays and files your payroll forms and taxes so it saves you time! It's cloud based so you can be anywhere and do payroll or check employees hours, scheduling, etc. Homebase staff was very helpful when I was setting up.

I have been using Homebase for one month and there are no cons as of yet.

Laura
Bookkeeper in USA
Einzelhandel, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Intuitive Software

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

This program is well-designed, intuitive, visually appealing, and easy to use. The support staff are very helpful and friendly. It has also been incredibly beneficial to be able to use our choice of platform (PC, tablet, etc.) for clocking in/out and also using the software on the administrative side.

So far, there is nothing that I dislike about Homebase!

Amy
Director in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Flexible Scheduling App

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: I love having Homebase as a tool and will continue to use it as long as it continues to meet the needs of our business.

Homebase saves me so much time by giving me ease to use tools to help build employee schedules and communicate with staff members.

I wish there were another tier below the PLUS plan and above the base plan. I feel that I have to pay for many features I don't need to get a few extra that I do need.

Joyce
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Homebase is easy to use and so convenient.

5,0 letzte Woche Neu

Kommentare: I have always enjoyed Homebase because it does all that i need it to do and more. I know as i grow as a business that I will grow into homebase even more . Which makes me feel comfortable using Homebase knowing that I wont have to find another program its all right there. Everything you need.

That I can see when my staff is working and I can talk to them personally or in a group. And i can easily know when they missed a clock in or out.

There's really nothing that I do not like.

Shanna
Acting Shift Manager and Administrative Assistant in USA
Öl & Energie, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great for small business management!

5,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: I love this app. It makes my job ten times easier and accurate. I love that I can keep the facts available at my fingertips because it direct has an impact on future schedules and events.

I like the complete organization of the app and it's ease of use. It is very user friendly, and the features fit exactly what I look for as far as scheduling, tracking hours, abcenses, and availability.

There is nothing I do not like. I would like to see more ability to create events and add important notes to the schedule such as when orders are due, cleaning is needed, etc.

Annsley
Essen & Trinken, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Overview

Kommentare: It has a lot of great features and I like how you can modify a lot of the notifications to your needs.

I love how you can do the schedule out as far as in advance as possible but no one sees it until you post it. We have used other softwares that we would have to do a spreadsheet first and couldn't enter anything into the system until we were ready for anyone to see the shifts.

I would say the only thing I don't like is that we have trouble with the clock in system at one of our locations. Which is weird because it works perfectly fine at our other 3 locations. It doesn't register clock-ins a lot of times so my employees have to text me to clock them in. I have reached out support about this several times in the past and they just say to delete the app and then reinstall. It works great for about a day and then acts up again.

Heather
Manager in USA
Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Happy Manager

Kommentare: The homebase team has been nothing but helpful and supportive, and are always willing to take suggestions.

I love that there is an app connected to the schedule and other features! A huge plus is my team being able to put in their own time off, and request shift trades or covers through the app as well.

The scheduler can run slowly, and it would be nice to be able to organize job applicants a little better.

Valerie
Owner/Partner in USA
Restaurants, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great addition to my management tools

Kommentare: Homebase is invaluable to me. It's very convenient and user friendly.

Homebase is a must-have for me. I do the schedule, communicate with team members and prospective hires and it integrates with square for spot number analysis.

Team members have given me feedback that it's has been occasionally glitchy to sign in and rarely to clock in. Thankfully there is the web time clock option as an alternative when that happens. I am not sure if this has been resolved, b/c no one has complained of this in the last month at the time of this writing.

Jessica
Operations Director in USA
Medizinische Geräte, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Awesome software!

Kommentare: Okay, so I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS APP AND LOVE THIS PRODUCT. Home base is easy to use, easy to read, easy to understand. The platform is SERIOUSLY DUMMY PROOF! My 9 year old daughter helped me set it up. It is seriously that easy! My 4 year old will open my app and can tell if I forgot to clock out when I left work, and he even knows how to clock me out at the right time! It really is just that simple. I love the restrictions it offers. I can determine whether employees can clock in and out from their app, I can determine whether they can see labor reports, view other employees schedule, and I love the fact that they can request off right from the app, and I can approve or deny right from the app. I love that they can switch schedules and I can approve it instantly from home. This app just has so many great features. I will never use another payroll system again.

I love that the employees can request time off or switch/trade shifts from their phone and I can instantly deny or approve the request. I love the ease of pulling the time sheets, and reading the time sheets. I love the access to be able to edit employees time on a daily or weekly basis. Employees can be horrible for clocking in early unauthorized, not clocking out to walk down the street to the store, etc. This app makes it simple to edit this carelessness from employees without even having to sit them down and talk to them about clocking in and out. Its kind of like, Okay, you want to take 20 mins to walk down to dollar general and you have already taken your lunch previous, oh and you didn't clock out. Well let me fix that mistake for you. The system tracks tardies, which is awesome, bc after 90 days, anyone who has been tardy more than 20% of their shifts, only gets offered a part time position within the company. This system gives us accurate data to show the employees at their 90 day evaluation, and the data can't be disputed bc it is tracked based on their clock in and clock out times.

I don't like the fact that there is not room for multiple clock outs under the edit mode. If we do not clock out for an extra break, there is no where to add it. I always have to add the time employees are gone to their lunch break. It give a false interpretation and false data when we pull data from this system for evaluations. I really wish you would update this to add columns for extra breaks, and reasons for the breaks. Also, I wish you would add a column to give explanation for employees that clock in late, miss a scheduled day, or clock out early. This system does not even track early clock outs, just late clock ins. We often find that employees will leave early to take care of things, and sometimes it can become repetitous. I would like to be able to track the data.

Manuel
Manuel
Brand Consultant in Sambia
Gastgewerbe, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Good product with too much fluff and mediocre UX

Kommentare: Overall, we are still with homebase because everyone is now used to it and our system is setup this way. Writing this review though, it is certainly about time i checked the timeclock-scheduling-team market again. Because the product is quite slow and features are being added which i don't need.

We decided to go for Homebase because it mostly resembled what i was doing in as spreadsheet before. The timeclock is rather solid, we have set up a dedicated tablet to clock in and out. This is the main reason i got homebase for my team - so that they would have a schedule and be able to clock in and out. Also nice is the fact that custom national holidays can be setup and automatically be shown in the schedule. The Homebase team has over the years implemented a few nifty features to save me time as an admin. Next is checking timesheets and correcting them when it comes to payroll - however this is where we stop with using homebase. We don't use any other features.

We don't utilize the payroll feature at all - everything can only be set in dollars. Overall, the software feels like it is made for the US market - not internationally. I have feature requested over a year ago that custom currencies should be implemented and even the way time is displayed (24h instead of am-pm). To no avail. Even from their content marketing strategy it is clear that Homebase is only focusing on the US market, with no interesting content for me as a hotelier on the other side of the world. It is also sad to see that they have recently started adding a lot of fluff to their product like hiring, instead of making the core experience easier and faster to use. The new timesheets section looks nice, but i am 5 times faster with the old one (which could be faster still). I would love to see much more emphasis on a fast and easy to use product, with lots of features to get my work done quicker. Homebase is a classic example of software which gets better the less i have to use it. I would like to see the product move in this direction.

Crystal
Cashier in USA
Essen & Trinken, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Manage your schedule from the comfort of your phone.

Kommentare: Overall this helped the communication throughout the team and allowed me to easily track my schedule and pay. It was super convenient and easy to use. I was skeptical at first when they had me download the app but then I was obsessed. I think every small business should use this software, it will help your team out tremendously.

My team used Homebase as a scheduling and communication tool. If we needed a day off, there is a setting to where I can request a teammate to switch shifts with me or I can request cover. This made it super convenient if I needed a day off last minute. As for communicating with my team, this was the best! When sending out a group message, it allows you to message the people who are only scheduled for a specific day. So if you needed to let the team you're running late or that you need someone downstairs to bring up supplies, etc. I wouldn't need to take time to select the specific people I need to inform, it would automatically pull up those people from the schedule. This software not only lets you message the people you are scheduled with but it also allows you to see who is scheduled that day. I enjoyed this feature because it let me know when I was working with my bestie or my not so bestie. Another tool I loved on Homebase was the income tracker. This software was able to track when I worked and for how long and would provide an estimate on how much money I have made that pay period. It wasn't hard to find either. This helped my anxiety a lot because I knew if I had enough to pay my upcoming bills or if I needed to pick up an extra shift.

There is only one thing that I have to say is a con and I think it's more my managers fault. There is a feature in Homebase that allows you to potentially get a small amount of your paycheck early. Unfortunately every time I tried it never worked, but I am pretty sure it's because my manager was against that feature and enabled it. I think this feature is so awesome for employees especially during this inflation period and living in an expensive city.

Einzelhandel, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

HomeBase Employee Scheduling

Kommentare: We LOVE HomeBase. It helps with scheduling of employees at our different stores with ease, especially working with part-time employees who need to block out their unavailability. Also like the TineOff request capability, so my managers can plan ahead for coverage. Out team members like the communications capability to request shift exchanges as well. Out store managers love the Time-keeping (clockIN and clockOUT) capabilities and late reminders. I like how easy it is to export the employees time-worked to our payroll software.

This is a very simple to use software and it is very easy to train our store managers to use it. It also gives visibility to All team members who is scheduled and for what shift.

It is really the best scheduling software. I do not have anything negative to day about it. The only thing that I wish it has, is the ability to have another layer of management report view that would allow my General manager to see that exclude those reports reserved for me as the owner. Current levels are "owner/general mgr", "store manager" and "user". It would be nice to separate "owner" reports from "general manager" reports.

Kevin
Kevin
Recruiter in USA
Internet, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Great system for employee time tracking.

Kommentare: Great experience! US-based representative whom were very kind, understanding and WILLING AND READY to resolve any and all issues when I needed to call to resolve the only issue I’ve ever had.

Homebase is extremely easy to set up employee time clock which happens to be free if your business has a single location and with a single location you may set it up for unlimited employees. For a small business owner where every dollar and cent matters, it’s a no brainer. A business owner may assign or allow the employee to set up their clock in and out code. Also, it may be set to take a photo of the employee during the clock in and out sessions to help or eliminate other employees from clocking in and out for them. Homebase offers an iPad, iPhone and an android app. You may also use your device's browser. We downloaded the app, installed it on an iPad for our employees to clock in and out on. The administrator has 100% access via web browser login. There’s also a feature which allows employees to clock in and out in the field which would geo-tag the location of the clocking activities.

Not a lot a negative things to say. This software is best if you have multiple employees who may have a staggered schedule. Example: an employee opens, then you have a mid day shift, then a closer. You also have many employees that may be out in the field. geo-tag is not the best choice for a single entrepreneur who’s trying to track their time, set up easier ways to do so.

Dawn
Med Surg Supervisor in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great for Critial Access Hospital

Kommentare: It was really easy to set up, and its really easy to customize. I am still fine tuning things, but I can't believe how much time I save by using Homebase. We use it for a small rural hospital, and the nurses always have access to their schedules, can switch shifts and the touch of a button. I can't say enough about the support staff, they are always easy to deal with and follow up to make sure the issue was settled. The software is always being upgraded, and I love the new feature where I can see when they requested the shift and when it was approved. I can show the staff the information, and they can't argue that they didn't know they had that shift. So many great features.

The software is very easy to use, very easy to customize. I always have our schedule in my hand because it's on my phone. I'm able to most everything on my phone that I can do on my laptop. New staff have no difficulty navigating through the functions. Has made my life so much better

In the beginning there were some little kinks that I had to figure out, like some functions I can't see on the monthly view that I can see on the weekly view, but any questions I had were found on the help tab or my chatting with Homebase staff.

Wayne
Niederlande
Einzelhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A comprehensive, user friendly application that offers must-have features

Kommentare: This application was offered as part of our new Clover POS system. I began to use it to set up the employee schedules for a small (seven employee plus owners) business. The more I used it, the more impressed I was with it. It provides every function that a small business like ours needed, taking a very tedious and error prone process and making it easy and transparent to handle. Being able to delegate certain tasks to key employees, auto notices sent for upcoming shifts, notification if someone hasn't clocked in within a set period for their shift, labor rate vs revenue analysis, end of year tax information gathering...and this was all in the free version that came with Clover! All in all, I am both impressed and pleased with this package. It looks to me like the right team wrote the right code for the right objectives at the right price. How often does that happen in the software world?

Ease of use, nailed key functions needed, intelligent navigation, visually uncluttered despite having a lot of functionality.

It is not a shortcoming of the software but of non-technical users. The biggest problem I have had is bringing along the technophobes who are used to working with...wait for it...paper calendars and personal journals to keep up with. They yearn to be able to use something so powerful but blanch when they open the home screen and see what is available. It is about as user friendly as can be imagined but some still are so intimidated that it is hard to get them to dig in. When they do, they begin to appreciate the value that is provided. The key is bringing the shy types along S L O W L Y. This software will sell itself once it is given a fair opportunity to shine. Just grit your teeth and work with them. It's more than worth the effort.

Christy
President in USA
Restaurants, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Definitely worth it

Kommentare: Overall this product and customer support have been great!

The reason that I started using g homebase was because it is linked to Square. However, even if I stopped using square I would still use homebase!

Some of the reports are difficult to configure and very time consuming to drill down to the data we need

Angela
Automotive, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

One of the best software tools out there for small businesses

Kommentare: Scheduling, Clock in and outs, communication with employees, hiring - I use Homebase for all these features. I've made a couple of suggestions along the way and their customer support is superior. I feel heart or they find a solution for me that I didn't think of. Hands down, this is one of the best software decisions I've made for my company.

The scheduling feature and time clock were the two most important features in implementing this software. But since then, the Hiring feature has become so valuable. Honestly every feature they offer is superb and what a great value.

Honestly, I can't think of anything I don't like about it.

Unterhaltung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Does the job

Kommentare: Overall the app works well for what it was designed to do, keep track of timesheets. The customer service responds quickly and is very helpful.

The software does what its' meant to do, keep track of clocking in and out. This helps to supplement the payroll process greatly and is easy to access and use by out employees.

The scheduling function could be better. Our industry a little different, usually the work is project based. It would be nice to be able to schedule multiple people to one project with just a start time. We usually don't know when exactly a show will end, or when everyone will make it back so adding some flexibility would be very helpful. Even just having the ability to schedule multiple employees at the same time instead of having to click each one would be great.

KATIE
Restaurants, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Time clock/HR pro review

Kommentare: Please see above under "pros". Pretty much sums it up. Easy to use as an administrator and for employees. I would recommend creating and HR pro tab from the homepage rather than navigating through the "team" tab.

I think it is fairly simple to use and for all questions I have I generally get quick answers from support. The free HR support offered during the pandemic was very generous and we ended up signing up. In past reviews I have stated that I think your pricing should be based on a sliding scale depending on how many employees a business has. For someone like myself, who only has 2 hourly employees I don't need to use HR pro much and may not be able to justify $800+ for annual renewal for minimal assist and usage. I do like the onboarding paperwork feature that was added as well.

I don't like that when publishing a schedule, the default on my version is to update all employees. Unfortunately, we had to furlough employees and if I don't manually change it, it defaults to alert all on our team even though they don't have a schedule or employed by us currently.

Jason
Gastgewerbe, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

More than just employee time tracking

Kommentare: We started using Homebase for employee time tracking, but there are several features we have started to rely on and are really useful. Mainly posting new jobs on multiple job boards and tracking applicants. Also, this has become our tool for employee communications. I have talked to companies like Paychex that have similar product offerings, but they are much more expensive.

The core feature we needed was employee time tracking, but we have started using this for team communication and posting new jobs and tracking applicants.

I wish I could easier audit when the manager edits clock ins and clock outs.