Über Homebase

Die moderne Software für lokale Unternehmen und deren Teams spart Zeit bei der Mitarbeitereinsatzplanung, Zeiterfassung, Einstellung und Teamkommunikation.

Erfahre mehr über Homebase

Kevin T.
Recruiter
Internet, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 3.1.2019

"Great system for employee time tracking. "

Kommentare: Great experience! US-based representative whom were very kind, understanding and WILLING AND READY to resolve any and all issues when I needed to call to resolve the only issue I’ve ever had.

Vorteile: Homebase is extremely easy to set up employee time clock which happens to be free if your business has a single location and with a single location you may set it up for unlimited employees. For a small business owner where every dollar and cent matters, it’s a no brainer. A business owner may assign or allow the employee to set up their clock in and out code. Also, it may be set to take a photo of the employee during the clock in and out sessions to help or eliminate other employees from clocking in and out for them. Homebase offers an iPad, iPhone and an android app. You may also use your device's browser. We downloaded the app, installed it on an iPad for our employees to clock in and out on. The administrator has 100% access via web browser login. There’s also a feature which allows employees to clock in and out in the field which would geo-tag the location of the clocking activities.

Nachteile: Not a lot a negative things to say. This software is best if you have multiple employees who may have a staggered schedule. Example: an employee opens, then you have a mid day shift, then a closer. You also have many employees that may be out in the field. geo-tag is not the best choice for a single entrepreneur who’s trying to track their time, set up easier ways to do so.

• Bewertet am 3.1.2019
Joshua L.
Essen & Trinken, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 31.1.2020

"Much more than the Software we needed"

Kommentare: We needed a better way of tracking time and calculating salary. Manual entry and spreadsheets were all we hoped to replace, but Homebase has made us realize how much time we used to spend in scheduling and payroll. Now we can do scheduling while on the road, on a trip or make last-minute changes on the fly. Basically, more beach time and less office work. I have shared the benefits of Homebase with many of our affiliate companies.

Vorteile: First off......It is free for basic features. I love that it has an app for phone and tablet use. It is very intuitive and easy to learn. Staff can track their time and their salary. I could make a huge list here, but basically it is the software we needed, but now we can't live without it.

Nachteile: Some of the features are a little on the expensive side when purchasing plans, but mostly because of our exchange rate.

Shilleah S.
Sales and Marketing Supervisor
Verbraucherdienste, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 8.5.2020

"Great Clock In Tracker for Small Businesses"

Kommentare: Overall, we are happy with it! We were using paper time cards for everyone, so this is a huge improvement for us!

Vorteile: It has a really easy interface for everyone to clock in and out with their passwords when they start and end their shifts. It also allows all our employees to download an app to their phone that will remind them to clock in/out and also will tell them how much they made that day! Love that.

Nachteile: As an administrator it doesn't allow me to schedule a shift for my employees and have them clock in and out for their lunch or breaks. In order to account for lunch break, the only way to do it is to do multiple shifts for that person for the day. That part is kind of annoying, but not a deal breaker. It is also not an easy interface to use templates from previous weeks or rename then. It says you can do it once the schedule is published, but it doesn't direct you to there once you have done so.

• Bewertet am 8.5.2020
David C.
Finanzdienstleistungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 27.4.2020

"I've never seen so many bugs...."

Kommentare: Bad,bad,bad. Customer service is responsive but there are just soooo many bugs with this software.

Vorteile: Very easy to use. The user interface is very simple and easy to navigate.

Nachteile: I feel like this is a beta software that should not have been rolled out yet. We have been using it for a week and have had issues every day since we started using it. Basic things that you think should just work doesn't work.
Example: All my employees have a 1 hour, unpaid lunch everyday. They clock in and clock out on this required one hour lunch but Homebase is still counting it in their total hours. So know I ma getting alerts that they all have overtime but they actually don't because Homebase is not calculating hours correctly.
So there have been several little things (Bugs) that I have found every day since using Homebase. I contact customer support and they tell me that they will pass it on to their product team.
This may sound harsh but the product team really should have tested this software more before rolling it out. Makes me question all the reviews I am seeing on here. All the bugs have been on basic functions.

von Homebase an 30.4.2020

Hi David -

We are so sorry to hear you've been having issues your Homebase account. This is not the experience we want our customers to have. Our head of technical support has just emailed you to see if we can remedy these issues for you. If you have any further issues, please reach out to me directly at reviews@joinhomebase.com. Looking forward to getting these issues resolved for you, and so sorry again for all the challenges here.

- Ryan

• Bewertet am 27.4.2020
Matt K.
Administrator
Medizinische Praxis, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 5.3.2020

"Homebase"

Kommentare: When we first launched we had a programming issue where the time clock would crash once a day. The team at Homebase was quick to address the issue and put us in contact with the development team who got us on a beta version of the next release. This fixed our issue and the team at Homebase was responsive and open to feedback as we previewed the upcoming release. I have had representatives from Homebase reach out to my multiple times for feedback on their products. It is refreshing to see a company openly solicit feedback from their user base in an effort to improve their product. Every interaction I have had with their staff has been positive.

Vorteile: Homebase has been the perfect time clock system for our business. It was easy to configure and with the entire system web based I can monitor our staffing when I am off site. We use a wall mounted iPad to clock in and out which was less expensive than many physical time clocks. My staff has enjoyed having access to their Homebase dashboard where they can easily review their punches/total hours. One of the best features is the ability to specifically define your pay periods. Many systems only offer weekly, biweekly, or monthly with no customization of dates. Homebase allows complete customization for when you would like you pay periods to start and end. I have also used their hiring tool. It is by far and away the easiest tool I have used to publicly post to multiple job sites at once. It is very straight forward and has been a great resource in helping us in our hiring.

Nachteile: I don't have any cons. It is a quality product and the team at Homebase has been quick to respond to any issues we have had.

• Bewertet am 5.3.2020
Grace C.
Operations Manager
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

"Easy to manage staff"

Kommentare: instead of emailing we started using this app to manage schedules (which were done on paper before!) and to send messages to staff, like hey team i'm going to be late this morning, or on Friday we can wear jeans to work! It has made our team much more cohesive and together. now we all know what is going on!

Vorteile: Most of our staff is young and are on their phones all the time anyways. This app made scheduling a breeze with requests to switch shifts and time off easy to fill and move around hours. Plus there was no more second guessing what time you were scheduled for or who is off. Also you have the ability to message staff through the app which has made interoffice communication much better!

Nachteile: The free version only allows 1 manager- I recommend upgrading and letting a manager from every department be able to manage their employees coverage. otherwise it gets a bit overwhelming for 1 manager. Occasionally the app will not let me in asking me to enter a verification code, that is a bit annoying.

Edward E.
VP
  • Bewertet am 12.3.2020

"Great Product Lots of features"

Vorteile: Ease of use for scheduling. Also like the job posting feature.

Nachteile: We use an iPad with Square stand the App does not rotate and makes it difficult for my staff to use as they have to tilt their head.

• Bewertet am 12.3.2020
Rasim D.
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 2.3.2020

"Excellent "

Kommentare: excellent

Vorteile: easy to use, easy to control employees, contact employees etc.

Nachteile: sometimes does not show when workers clock in

• Bewertet am 2.3.2020
Kim D.
owner/manager

"why i love Home Base"

Kommentare: Homebase is very useful for any business that wants to make sure their employees know when and what time to come to work!

Vorteile: This software is very user friendly and time real time. I can immediately know if there are conflicts in vacation scheduling, etc. My baristas all love the ease of use for this software.

Nachteile: I can't think of anything I don't like about this software.

Richard W.
Salesperson
  • Bewertet am 31.1.2020

"Everything in one place"

Kommentare: It's been great, so far. Being able to clock in/out, see my schedule, and communicate with my entire staff- all in one simple app- has been a great asset to me and my dealings at my store. Would definitely recommend to businesses of all sizes.

Vorteile: The simplicity in this app is FANTASTIC! Everything is right where I need it, and it's comfortable to use.

Nachteile: I haven't found anything, yet, that has turned me off from the application. Maybe the color scheme haha

Jessica R.
Operations Director
Medizinische Geräte, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 8.2.2017

"Awesome software!"

Kommentare: Okay, so I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS APP AND LOVE THIS PRODUCT. Home base is easy to use, easy to read, easy to understand. The platform is SERIOUSLY DUMMY PROOF! My 9 year old daughter helped me set it up. It is seriously that easy! My 4 year old will open my app and can tell if I forgot to clock out when I left work, and he even knows how to clock me out at the right time! It really is just that simple. I love the restrictions it offers. I can determine whether employees can clock in and out from their app, I can determine whether they can see labor reports, view other employees schedule, and I love the fact that they can request off right from the app, and I can approve or deny right from the app. I love that they can switch schedules and I can approve it instantly from home. This app just has so many great features. I will never use another payroll system again.

Vorteile: I love that the employees can request time off or switch/trade shifts from their phone and I can instantly deny or approve the request. I love the ease of pulling the time sheets, and reading the time sheets. I love the access to be able to edit employees time on a daily or weekly basis. Employees can be horrible for clocking in early unauthorized, not clocking out to walk down the street to the store, etc. This app makes it simple to edit this carelessness from employees without even having to sit them down and talk to them about clocking in and out. Its kind of like, Okay, you want to take 20 mins to walk down to dollar general and you have already taken your lunch previous, oh and you didn't clock out. Well let me fix that mistake for you. The system tracks tardies, which is awesome, bc after 90 days, anyone who has been tardy more than 20% of their shifts, only gets offered a part time position within the company. This system gives us accurate data to show the employees at their 90 day evaluation, and the data can't be disputed bc it is tracked based on their clock in and clock out times.

Nachteile: I don't like the fact that there is not room for multiple clock outs under the edit mode. If we do not clock out for an extra break, there is no where to add it. I always have to add the time employees are gone to their lunch break. It give a false interpretation and false data when we pull data from this system for evaluations. I really wish you would update this to add columns for extra breaks, and reasons for the breaks. Also, I wish you would add a column to give explanation for employees that clock in late, miss a scheduled day, or clock out early. This system does not even track early clock outs, just late clock ins. We often find that employees will leave early to take care of things, and sometimes it can become repetitous. I would like to be able to track the data.

• Bewertet am 8.2.2017
David G.
  • Bewertet am 23.10.2019

"HomeBase Employee Scheduling"

Kommentare: We LOVE HomeBase. It helps with scheduling of employees at our different stores with ease, especially working with part-time employees who need to block out their unavailability. Also like the TineOff request capability, so my managers can plan ahead for coverage. Out team members like the communications capability to request shift exchanges as well. Out store managers love the Time-keeping (clockIN and clockOUT) capabilities and late reminders. I like how easy it is to export the employees time-worked to our payroll software.

Vorteile: This is a very simple to use software and it is very easy to train our store managers to use it. It also gives visibility to All team members who is scheduled and for what shift.

Nachteile: It is really the best scheduling software. I do not have anything negative to day about it. The only thing that I wish it has, is the ability to have another layer of management report view that would allow my General manager to see that exclude those reports reserved for me as the owner. Current levels are "owner/general mgr", "store manager" and "user". It would be nice to separate "owner" reports from "general manager" reports.

• Bewertet am 23.10.2019
Wayne H.
  • Bewertet am 3.8.2016

"A comprehensive, user friendly application that offers must-have features"

Kommentare: This application was offered as part of our new Clover POS system. I began to use it to set up the employee schedules for a small (seven employee plus owners) business. The more I used it, the more impressed I was with it. It provides every function that a small business like ours needed, taking a very tedious and error prone process and making it easy and transparent to handle. Being able to delegate certain tasks to key employees, auto notices sent for upcoming shifts, notification if someone hasn't clocked in within a set period for their shift, labor rate vs revenue analysis, end of year tax information gathering...and this was all in the free version that came with Clover! All in all, I am both impressed and pleased with this package. It looks to me like the right team wrote the right code for the right objectives at the right price. How often does that happen in the software world?

Vorteile: Ease of use, nailed key functions needed, intelligent navigation, visually uncluttered despite having a lot of functionality.

Nachteile: It is not a shortcoming of the software but of non-technical users. The biggest problem I have had is bringing along the technophobes who are used to working with...wait for it...paper calendars and personal journals to keep up with. They yearn to be able to use something so powerful but blanch when they open the home screen and see what is available. It is about as user friendly as can be imagined but some still are so intimidated that it is hard to get them to dig in. When they do, they begin to appreciate the value that is provided. The key is bringing the shy types along S L O W L Y. This software will sell itself once it is given a fair opportunity to shine. Just grit your teeth and work with them. It's more than worth the effort.

• Bewertet am 3.8.2016
Jake A.
Verbraucherdienste, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 11.7.2019

"Underrated Product"

Kommentare: 5 stars is not enough stars. If you get this product, you'll be thrilled. I only have a small business (2 locations, 6 employees), and I use a lot of the features, but I don't need all of them. But it's clear to me that as we grow, Homebase will be able to accommodate, easily.

Vorteile: Homebase is easy to use, quick, and effective. There is practically no learning curve for new employees. Scheduling is a breeze, as is running reports for payroll. It gives me quick reporting to see my business performance, even when I'm not there I can see how the shops are performing. Clock-in features work great. Customer service and troubleshooting (not that you'll even need it) are seriously amazing. This team treats you like your problem is their main priority.

Nachteile: I wish the date selection feature still said the day of the week like it used to. It says July 10 2019, but it used to say Wednesday July 10 2019. I mean... that's all I can think of that I would change... and that's kind of a non-issue.

• Bewertet am 11.7.2019
Kathy G.
  • Bewertet am 30.9.2019

"HomeBase Scheduling is the Bomb"

Kommentare: Scheduling is always a pain to make sure shifts are adequately covered. HomeBase make this headache so much simpler to handle.

Vorteile: Ease if use, adaptability, manager notification, team communication, documentation of absence, mobile access, etc. are all so easy to use and makes life easier for scheduling coverage for shifts.

Nachteile: Some reporting features are hard to understand how to run them. Also for additional features, it requires upgrading to more expensive subscriptions.

• Bewertet am 30.9.2019
Enrollment Coordinator
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 14.9.2018

"Low cost, high value scheduling software"

Kommentare: Overall we have been extraordinarily pleased with Homebase. Our employees have had no issues signing themselves in and using the app. We've used other scheduling software in the past that made it too complicated for our employees. We love the way Homebase simplifies all parts of scheduling, so we can focus on our employees and the children we serve!

Vorteile: Homebase is easy to use. We had to quickly implement a scheduling software. The way our business is setup has a variety of departments but employees work in multiple departments in a single day. Homebase lets us easily schedule each employee for the exact shift they work. We can view by department or by employee, which is helpful for both our employees and our managers. We haven't tried it out yet, but one of the bonus perks to Homebase is their hiring module. We have tested but not actually published a job. It was easy to do and posts across multiple platforms. Homebase has a lot to offer at a very reasonable price.

Nachteile: After you have scheduled in a department or scheduled an employee, you cannot use the + button to add another shift. This is annoying because you have to duplicate an existing shift and clear the information, instead of easily adding an empty shift and filling in what you need. We also did not find a way to delete an employee when they were duplicate added without choosing "terminate" the extra employee. This is not an issue now, but it could be in the future.
Another feature that would be nice in the app would be the ability to call the phone number from the roster or at least copy and paste it.

• Bewertet am 14.9.2018
Charles A.
Business Owner
Essen & Trinken, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 11.1.2017

"Low Stress Management"

Kommentare: We can not say enough about Homebase and how it has helped our business grow to 7 locations across 3 states ( FL, TX, and NV) with some 80 employees. We could not have managed our staff, Labor cost, Scheduling, Labor Cost Management, and get the support anywhere other than Homebase. When we receive calls from other companies promising everything, it's a short conversation once we inform them of all the FREE services we currently get from Homebase. Staff training took less than 5 minutes. With the Mobile App. They now schedule their own shifts and changes to the schedule. They communicate with us and other employees. Homebase feeds into our payroll, gives us a real-time complete one screen view of our organization, including real-time sales, real-time Labor cost, who is working at what location all from our mobile phone. We are able to make an adjustment on the fly if our sales to labor cost are out of balance by sending someone home early or get extra help when required. All this over a coffee or lunch. LOW-STRESS MANAGEMENT.

Vorteile: Easy to use.

Nachteile: Not available in Canada.

• Bewertet am 11.1.2017
Events Manager
  • Bewertet am 26.2.2018

"Homebase is the best scheduling software!"

Kommentare: Organization, communication, efficiency, ease of mind

Vorteile: I use Homebase on the daily to manage scheduling for my team of 10. It's incredibly efficient, easy to use, and keeps me and my team organized. Our staff's schedules tend to change on the fly with last minute bookings given our private event business, and Homebase is the perfect platform for me to communicate these changes to my team in real time. It's also a great way to manage time-off requests, monitor work hours for our part-timers and hourly employees, and coordinate shifts that need covering. They also have a very responsive customer service team, with options like Live Chat. I strongly recommend the software to smaller teams with hourly employees or contractors!

Nachteile: It'd be great to have a 'jump to X date/week' option. I view our staff's schedule on a weekly basis, and while you can jump to a monthly calendar view, I'd love an option to type in a specific date and it cue up the weekly schedule from there.

• Bewertet am 26.2.2018
Teresa C.
Grandmaster of Ninjas
Essen & Trinken, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 5.9.2018

"Best Scheduling Tool for Small Businesses"

Kommentare: Overall experience with Homebase has been exceptional. We used another scheduling tool in the past and it was much too complicated and difficult to look at.

Vorteile: I thoroughly enjoy the Homebase platform and its ease of use. Everything is color coordinated, which is my favorite part. I use this to schedule my employees for all my locations. My employees enjoy it too because they can request time off, trade shifts, and see when they are scheduled on their phone. I also love the stats where I can keep track of sales and labor - and it links up all my locations which is a plus!

Nachteile: There honestly isn't anything I dislike about the software. I use it mainly for scheduling, but it does so much more than that. I would maybe like to customize admin roles a little more for better security, but that isn't entirely necessary.

• Bewertet am 5.9.2018
Hannah D.
Paddle Board Shop Worker
Unterhaltung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 26.7.2019

"Many useful features for employees and business owners alike "

Kommentare: Homebase has allowed scheduling, all group messaging and clocking in and out. Could use some help with the "availability" section to make it more user-friendly to hourly workers.

Vorteile: I really love how you can see the schedule of everyone on your work team on this software. I can see all the days I am working and also see all the days my co-workers and working, which is helpful for planning purposes if anyone needs to trade shifts or cover each other. Also really like how it shows your "estimated earnings" based on how many hours you are scheduled for, so you can see how much you will make on your next paycheck. We also clock in and out on this app and it is easy to use.

Nachteile: The "availability" section in this app is so counter-intuitive. It is set on a week-by-week basis, so you have to "update" it for each new week that your availability to work becomes different. This is quite odd for an app that is designed for hourly workers, who usually have odd and ever-changing schedules. They need to change this to a monthly schedule so you can fill out your availability for each day of the month.

• Bewertet am 26.7.2019
CEO & Co Founder
  • Bewertet am 12.7.2018

"We got our homebase through our clover system, it was free and an amazing app."

Kommentare: I wouldn't change to another application, this has everything you will need for scheduling and payroll. Even if you don't have a clover you can go online and set up your business to schedule your employees.

Vorteile: I could post schedules with ease and it wasn't hard to learn the program. My staff loved if because they could download the app on their phone, see their earnings, schedule and could request time off or switch shifts. Once the staff requested off or changed shifts it gave me the opportunity to approve or deny the request. Also once I uploaded a schedule it would text or email the entire staff or just the ones I made changes to.

Nachteile: They did update the system and it is a little bit or a learning curve. It also changed how the staff sees their schedule and dashboard.

• Bewertet am 12.7.2018
Anang M.
  • Bewertet am 13.9.2019

"Could go further "

Kommentare: Wanted a employee time management and scheduling solution

Vorteile: Easy to install and integration was pretty straightforward with our POS

Nachteile: Doesn’t sync well with Toast but did better with clover

• Bewertet am 13.9.2019
Tyler D.
  • Bewertet am 16.8.2018

"Customer service is lacking, and No functionality for multiple store locations "

Kommentare: To honest the experience hasn't been great, it feels more like a start up and they haven't worked out all the kinks with the technology, service, and training. They are very nice on the phone i have to give them they still have a long way to go.

Vorteile: it's easy to use, and the staff can use the app to request time off, and they can chat to one another.

Nachteile: 1) It doesn't connect to your payroll system (even if they say it does)
2)you can't have more than one location and share staff between 2 locations, because the 2 separate schedules don't recognise each other which means when you auto-populate the schedule it double books staff members. (so then the auto-populate feature is useless to you)
3) The support staff are friendly but they ARE NOT very knowledgeable about the products or services, no can seem to make a decision and they very rarely call you back when they say they will.
I cancelled the service to one of my locations and they continued to bill me for 4 months , when i called they said they would call me back once they investigated the billing. I never received a return, when i called them 3 weeks later they said they would only give a refund for 2 months because i never called them back sooner.

• Bewertet am 16.8.2018
Melissa J.
  • Bewertet am 20.9.2016

"Simply the best for me!"

Kommentare: I have been using Homebase for over a year. It has been extremely useful for all of my scheduling needs. The few gaps present in the beginning were solved and streamlined. Support has always been over the top amazing! Thanks for a great product!

Vorteile: I love being able to access Homebase on my phone. The features available at the Free level are sufficient for my needs at this time and that is very helpful with so many software programs charging for the most minimal of services. I am excited that there are more robust plans available as my business continues to grow that will help me manage my team even more efficiently and with a wider range of options for structure.

Nachteile: No cons really because everything that has ever been difficult to use within the software has been resolved and fairly quickly.

• Bewertet am 20.9.2016
Leanne L.
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 12.12.2018

"Finally! A online scheduler that easy to use!"

Kommentare: This scheduler (and more) has been a huge time + business saver. You can schedule and have your staff clock in with ease.

Vorteile: Definitely ease of use! We have tried at least 2 prior to Homebase and they were too cumbersome to use and were ultimately ditched. Once we tried HB, everyone was able to figure out the app and can easily enter their availability. You assign staff based on their availability (or actually unavailability by day down to the hours) and staff can swap shifts if needed. You can message your team by email or the instant messenger to individuals or group. This is only the tip of the iceberg! There's team building features, sales, tip-out, time clock, 3rd party app plug-ins, reporting and so much more! This has everything already figured out! You just have to explore all the features and functions. Priced per location, but very reasonably priced that is scalable to your growing business.

Nachteile: Nothing we can think of except they have job market feature which allows you to post your job (to whom?). This is probably still in development and we tried it once and gotten inquiries from random job seekers from another country. Perhaps geolocation and category filters would help provide more suitable applicants.

• Bewertet am 12.12.2018