Qualtrics has potential to be one of the best survey platforms, but we encounter bugs often.

Bewertet am 9.8.2017
Daniel D.
CRM Specialist

Vorteile: Qualtrics's ability to support embedded data and merge fields within email invitations. Large variety of question types and branching logic. We can use embedded data to remember how a contact responded to a previous survey and help with sample selection to drive valuable market insights. The data visualizations through Vocalize dashboards. We were able to set up NPS dashboards for each department in our Sales and Service team. We also have tabs for each Salesperson. Ticket management helps with documentation of actions performed on survey respondents that responded negatively. Assigning them to a team was easy and intuitive.

Nachteile: The Qualtrics Sales team was not transparent and reluctant to share our individual SLA when I was a new member of the team. I spotted inconsistencies in our quote such as response count and module access (Marketo and Tableau). Our response count was set to 5000 when our quote was for 6500. They fixed that when I pointed it out. Marketo was enabled when in their documentation it is described as an add-on feature. They disabled it to their benefit when I pointed it out. Tableau was disabled when in our Brand Administrator User Type permissions it is checked green for Enabled, but we do not have access to it according to our Sales account representative. Since Qualtrics works by quote and not by packaged licenses, it is difficult to pinpoint which individual modules we have access to. It is by the Qualtrics Sales team's discretion. For a large portion of our license, SMS was a feature that was not accessible due to technical issues between Twilio and Qualtrics. It was fixed a couple months before our license expired. They did not describe what went wrong and presented the solution in a black box. Qualtrics does not support printing individual tickets. Ticket exports do not include Comments made by our team. The reply feature within a ticket does not actually send out emails. Vocalize dashboard email exports are inconsistent (about 50/60 successfully sent out each week). The other dashboards encounter errors when attempting to manually download.

Top-of-the-line product with solid customer support

Bewertet am 13.2.2019
Associate
Unternehmensberatung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have almost always had positive experiences with Support (95% of the time). Typically they are happy to help you figure out the best way to do things and/or triage unforeseen issues. However, those working the Chat function can be slow and/or less knowledgeable (? - or less willing to help) and I have been told to call instead if I want a response in less than 30 minutes. Qualtrics Support also used to provide some help with custom coding, but that is no longer an option, which was a big loss to my team. The few downfalls are usually made-up for by Support, if not other Qualtrics users on their Community boards and/or the extensive how-to documentation Qualtrics makes available on their site.

Vorteile: No other survey platform provides as many features and options as Qualtrics! You can easily program many different question structures, customize the look and feel, set the survey flow to optimize participant experience, create and use embedded data to improve survey logic and/or avoid having to re-join participant characteristics to exported results, set emails to trigger to an individual or contact list upon survey completion, use their library of questions and/or create your own to use in multiple surveys, easily see, edit, and export data/results... there's too much to mention!

Nachteile: At times Qualtrics experiences "hiccups" and randomly refreshes, which can result in losing some programming if it has not been saved. The Reports functionality is also slow to load and not as easy to use as the rest of the software - I still choose to export the data and create my own visualizations.

Great Product, Great People

Bewertet am 3.8.2018
Bryce H.
Assistant Director for Institutional Assessment
Bildungsmanagement, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: As a higher education professional, we have to process students accurately and efficiently, and qualtrics has helped us creatively do this on a number of levels. We also gather and report out on student satisfaction concerns, as well as marketing and needs analyses. The system is extremely versatile, so there are countless applications that can help guide the work we do in higher educational settings. This is a premium product that requires a premium investment from your organization; however, once you've made this investment, you'll find that they have thought of almost everything from an end-user perspective, and have made a very friendly yet robust product, a difficult balance to strike in a competitive industry.

Vorteile: Customer Service turns out to be a huge part of any user experience, but as a Brand Administrator, I was always getting requests from people in my organization about Qualtrics. I always found them to be readily available and willing to field whatever crazy request I was asking about. There are several high-quality survey and analytics tools on the market, but Qualtrics has really set itself apart by investing heavily into it's customer experience resources (physical, digital, and human) to round out a solid overall experience.

Nachteile: As an social science research scientist, I found that there are a few "hard coded" defaults in the system that do not really align with common research practice. There are not a ton, but one is the coded values of Likert-type items; because the default setting is Very Satisfied = 1 and Very Disatisfied = 7, I have to customize all of my subsequent items in my surveys to ensure that my averages or "TOP TWO" results meet what I expect. This is not a serious matter in the end because I'm aware of it, but I got burned by this a few times in the past and it cost me a good bit of time.

A Thankful PhD Student

Bewertet am 19.9.2018
Richard G.
PhD Student
Forschung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I like its intuitiveness; the clever anticipation of what I would most likely want to happen next and the bringing of it to fruition. Here's a simple but elegant example: I want to change a question number but the question is the trigger to a branch chain sequence. If I change the number, will it affect the branch logic which would mean tons more work? Answer: No! The program automatically changes the identification number in the branch chain sequence thereby saving time and effort.

Nachteile: Because of the vast number of options available in one's survey development, it takes some time to get used to the software's full functionality. That can be a little off-putting when one is anxious to get on with the project at hand. However, patience opens up a wide variety of tools and choices to enhance one's project...and a bit of experimentation can also reveal interesting and novel techniques to make the presentation look and feel better.

Interactive dashboards have gotten our consumers excited about data!

Bewertet am 21.12.2017
Virginia M.
Social/Clinical Research Specialist
Hochschulbildung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This makes it so easy to share data with consumers in a way they can understand and use. There is tremendous flexibility with the software as far as chart types, formatting, and user permissions. Plus, it's fast and easy to learn, especially with online training and customer service available.

Vorteile: Qualtrics Vocalize makes it easy for me to share data with exactly the people who need to see it, and interactive filters give them flexibility to view exactly the data they want. There are many different chart types to choose from bar graphs, line graphs, tables, gauge charts, and word clouds, just to name a few of my favorites! I can assign permissions by user attribute or data field to show as much or as little data as necessary. The formatting options also allow me to choose colors and fonts to match my company brand, which is a huge plus.

Nachteile: I feel limited when it comes to doing advanced calculations (simple calculations are no problem). There is not a built-in feature to show response rates though sometimes this is possible to do with a calculation.

Qualtrics has been awesome since implementation with their continued stellar customer service.

Bewertet am 17.11.2017
Sarah T.
HR Analyst
Tiefbau, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The platform is beautifully organized. The surveys themselves are customizable and look great on a PC or a mobile phone (the mobile capability is a definite plus!). Importing and exporting data is easy, scheduling messages and reminders is a streamlined process, and the dashboards, although sometimes tricky to master, can show data in a variety of ways. Also, their customer service is far & away the best of any software program I've used!

Nachteile: There are only a couple things I can think of. The inability to copy dashboards is a huge setback when you have to come up with a few different dashboards for different roles but you want them all to have the same setup and historical data connected. The favorability scales could be expanded to include more Likert Scale options rather than just having Favorable, Neutral, and Unfavorable.

I've been using Qualtrics at work for several years & couldn't be happier with it.

Bewertet am 4.5.2018
Specialist, Part-Time, Institutional Research
Hochschulbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: It's intuitive & customer support is EXCELLENT. I recently had a problem involving student survey recipients getting an error message when trying to complete a survey. Basically, if a student was repeating a course, he/she was getting an error message that they had already completed the survey (the previous semester) & therefore couldn't do it again. I checked the Support database, couldn't find an answer, then contacted Support directly. Their response was fast & solved the problem. I fixed the issue in several surveys where students were experiencing that problem, & now I can tell faculty members that it's no longer an issue.

Nachteile: I didn't like the new interface at first, but now I like it better than the old one. "Panel" was changed to "Contacts," which is much more intuitive, and the "Share Survey" icon was changed to the one that looks like a "V" on its side, like in my smart phone. Aligning these simple things in Qualtrics with the technology I use everyday on my mobile device makes Qualtrics much easier to use. I think it also makes it easier for faculty members whose surveys I work on because they don't use Qualtrics as often as I do, but they have to collaborate with me & check response rates to make sure their students are complying with the survey policy.

Highly flexible and adaptable platform, backed by strong support

Bewertet am 22.7.2018
Enterprise Customer Experience NPS (Net Promoter Score) Lead
Telekommunikation

Kommentare: - Solid support
- Flexible and adaptable
- Strong integration with CRM (Salesforce)

Vorteile: - We get very quick responses and solid support from the Qualtrics team
- The platform is quite flexible and adaptable to our needs
- We have a lot of control over much of the platform, which enables us to respond quickly when required
- It integrates extremely well with our CRM (Salesforce)

Nachteile: Some expected features isn't available (yet) e.g. ability to use customised "from" field for emails but I can imagine more featuresets will be added as Qualtrics continue to grow

Good tool

Bewertet am 5.2.2019
Stephanie C.
Customer Experience Manager
Bankwesen, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We use Qualtrics for our Customer Experience program and Employee Experience programs.
We are running the NPS measures since several years and are looking at developping our transactional experience program.
For our Employee Experience, we run an annual Engagement survey with Qualtrics.

Vorteile: - dashboard capability
- data analysis
- survey building

Nachteile: It's not always intuitive.
It's built by Americans for American customers (ex: in Europe we need extra step to manipulate, upload, download CSV due to format differences)
Text analysis could be improved (too generic and inaccurate categorisation)
Reporting capabilities are limited in comparison to what is possible in dashboarding.
Pricing are not alsways scalable when you'd like to share broadly access to dashboards.
Frequency rules with SFDC Integration is not straight forward and is particularly difficult to get a clear understanding from support.

Great product. So many features and flexibility

Bewertet am 23.3.2018
Pamela K.
Senior VoC Analyst
Verbraucherdienste

Kommentare: Super easy to set up surveys, analyze text, and create meaningful dashboards. Site intercept is amazing :)

Vorteile: We've been able to do so much with the platforms we are using. It's so much more flexible, effective, and gives us the ability to provide our product team and other groups real time information to make impactful decisions.

Nachteile: There are some formatting features that could be more robust (e.g. vocalize widgets could allow more formatting with text size, alignment, chart types)

I've been happily using Qualtrics to design and report on surveys in my work for several years.

Bewertet am 11.12.2017
Kea H.
Quality Assurance and Media Specialist
E-Learning, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have been able to design, analyze, and report on numerous surveys for clients. I also enjoy pushing my knowledge and skills with Qualtrics to the limit by learning more, or more advanced techniques, each time I use it.

Vorteile: It's easy to use, yet provides advanced tools for complex survey design. But the most superior aspect of Qualtrics is the superb customer service, especially the telephone tech support! The reps always find an answer to my dilemmas in short time and in a helpful way. They listen carefully and do their best to research the issue, as needed, to resolve issues.

Nachteile: I sometimes find the online tech support (web pages) inadequate. This has improved, however, over the last year. I always look there first, then resort to calling the tech support reps if I can't find an appropriate solution online. The tech reps do a superb job, which makes up for any missing online help.

Student Researcher Feels Supported

Bewertet am 11.2.2019
Graduate Research Associate
Hochschulbildung, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Qualtrics has a nice interface and many different features that I do not realize I need or want until I need or want them. For example, Qualtrics has the simple ability to link surveys through strings, can help eliminate ineligible people from the survey and has various formats for export data. The questionnaire library is extremely helpful for me to find questions I created that I want to use repeatedly or common questions like sociodemographics. The various question types give me the flexibility to try different displays.

Nachteile: I am limited in some design elements. This may be partially due to my university's branding. I have not figured out how to control formatting from a master control so sometimes correcting different fonts and font sizes can be painstaking.

Qualtrics support has always been helpful when I have a question about their software!

Bewertet am 13.3.2018
Kristen D.
Graduate Assistant
Hochschulbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I'm using this software to do a thesis project, and it has allowed me to do everything I need in a way that is simple and intuitive and that I can mostly do myself with no assistance.

Vorteile: The best part is the "survey flow" feature. It has allowed me to do everything I need to do for my projects, like assign different questions to certain conditions, and it is laid out in such a way that I can see how everything should work in a way that makes sense.

Nachteile: Some of the features could stand to be more customizable. For example, I wanted to send my participants an e-mail to do a second survey 2 days after they had completed the first survey, but there is no option for 2 days and you cannot input a custom amount of time. So, I've had to manually send e-mails each time, which has become cumbersome.

Overall Feedback

Bewertet am 19.3.2019
Executive Director of Operations
Marktforschung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall experience is good.

Vorteile: This software is easy to use and is user friendly. I like the new features site intercept a lot.

Nachteile: There are some loopholes e.g. redirects, global redirects (as it will make it easy for the team to setup vendors), data file formats, creating variables after fielding. Also, when we are removing/filtering the data its very slow in processing. We don't have the option to chose the case ids we want to delete in one go.

Something to definitely write home about!

Bewertet am 26.10.2018
Principle Investigator for Independent Research
Hochschulbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: One of the BEST parts of my Qualtrics experience has been with it's customer service helpers. I have never before had people with so much patience, kindness, or knowledge be able to walk me through how to use a system before. I have never had to wait to speak to a representative and have never had an experience anything less than ideal.

Vorteile: I love this software because of the ease of use, the pleasing aesthetic, and the multiple capabilities it has to collect data in so many ways!

Nachteile: I would appreciate it if you could time the whole survey so that in situations where only participants who took over 30 minutes receive a credit through an outside program.

Amazing, because of the customer support experience. Excellent customer support.

Bewertet am 22.3.2018
Nishanth A.
Fellow - Health Services Evaluation
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Excellent Design of software, quality customer support, valuable survey design templates. and communication tools.

Vorteile: Customer Support - Excellent. The customer support team is excellent and so responsive. I really appreciate the fact that we can call anytime. This is missing in other competitor platforms (aka Survey Monkey). Beyond that, the Qualtrics respresentatives are always humble, knowledgeable, kind, and responsive. I really enjoy my experience with Qualtrics.

Nachteile: Often restricted because of some minor lack of ability to make adjustments. However, Qualtrics representatives are very responsive and work to figure out a solution to the problems that you are facing and are always willing to listen .

End to End Solution

Bewertet am 12.10.2018
Jay L.
Marktforschung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The real time data. Our client is very satisfied with the dashboard, they can view the results anytime, anywhere and regardless of timezone!

Vorteile: You don't need other tools to launch, gather data, do the reports. This software is all in one!

Nachteile: some features are not available in Qualtrics like you can make 2 or more sets of weights. Say one set is demographics weights, and another one is for Concept weights

Easy and seamless

Bewertet am 27.3.2018
Consumer Insights Coordinator
Konsumgüter, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It makes surveys building and fielding super simple. The reports section is very helpful as well. Allowing you to cut by a all variables.

Vorteile: The user interface is super simple. It is user friendly for newbies-pros. The automatic filling helps with time too

Nachteile: When you have been on a survey for a while, the program time you out without option to continue. It logs you out and you have to start all over.

Qualtrics Quandaries

Bewertet am 13.8.2018
Erica W.
Researcher
Forschung, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Okay for simple technical questions. Really overly aggressive with sales. Also I don't want to be contacted if I watch a webinar. Basically, now I will never watch one of your webinars or tutorials again, unless I'm desperate, because I really don't want to deal with the phone follow up

Vorteile: Looks professional and it is the academic standard

Nachteile: Sometimes glitchy or not sensitive enough to really do what I want with piping/skip logic. Some things had to be fixed at the tech level, which means as a user I don't learn how to fix it if it happens again or why it occurred or whether it is or isn't something that I as a user can fix. This means I have to spend a lot of time testing & troubleshooting surveys to be sure it doesn't/won't glitch

Great Survey Product

Bewertet am 22.8.2018
Director, Program Management Office
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Excellent. I am able to easily and quickly create professional-looking surveys backed up with powerful reporting capabilities. Whether surveying 300 employees on their experience with an internal business process, 150 people on their experience with a training workshop, or cull ideas from 12 people on possibilities for a new project, it is easy, fast, and straight-forward.

Vorteile: Easy to use and learn on the go. Excellent resources available to learn how to use more advanced functions. Broad capabilities. I use the tool about annually and I am able to quickly get going on creation even though I'm not in the tool more frequently. 5-star customer support.

Nachteile: It won't accept a Bluetooth signal from my brain to automatically create the survey as I think about it.

Excellent experience, customer support is very good

Bewertet am 13.11.2017
Carlos L.
Senior Research Analyst
Bildungsmanagement, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I can check it anywhere from any device. Also, easy to use and understand. Qualtrics also have a lot of information in the internet so user can rely on that as well.

Nachteile: Some function should be in a different spot for example link expiration and survey expiration are in a different location.

A good experience

Bewertet am 14.3.2019
Veronica H.
Evaluation manager
Hochschulbildung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: it's touch and go, it really depends on the representative that you get and with whom you chat

Vorteile: It is very easy to use and customise; company listens to customer feedback in terms of features and capabilities; it gets the job done

Nachteile: it's reporting and graphing capabilities, they are too basic.

Great Survey Software

Bewertet am 9.1.2019
Matthew B.
Technology Business Management Consultant - Technology Finance
Versicherung, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall qualtrics has been my go to survey tool to capture data from my stakeholders. This is a well-thought out to that helps me capture the data I need to be more effective as a consultant.

Vorteile: Qualtrics provides a unique level of flex-ability and design features when it comes to creating a survey. Additionally really like how easy it is to dump the data results into a variety of other programs from additional analysis / validation. This is my go to software when I need to capture a wide range of data from my stakeholders.

Nachteile: When it comes to customizing the aesthetics of a survey, it is a little bit cumbersome. The UI as it relates to customization, could use some moderate tweaking.

Excellent

Bewertet am 23.5.2018
Risk Consultant
Buchhaltung

Kommentare: Easier to make surveys.

Vorteile: - Friendly to use.
- I can use a previous survey as a template for a new one.
- I can send massive-email surveys from Qualtrics and when the recipient wants to reply, he can do it directly to my email

Nachteile: - I can't find a way to get notifications to my email when a survey is completed.
- I cant' put the "back" button if the person taking the survey wants to go back to a question in a previous page.

Always talk to a real person when I call in.

Bewertet am 1.8.2018
Steve S.
Researcher

Vorteile: Great functionality for the most part. It's a powerful tool that we use every day. It almost always does what we need it to do.

Nachteile: Not extremely user friendly. There's a pretty steep learning curve, but even so the support is good.