MediaLab is a great product for document control, it can be cumbersome to move around the documents.

Bewertet am 23.5.2018
Bertrand B.
Laboratory Manager
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: inspection proofing for all of our inspections as well as the ability to hold and maintain numerous policies and procedures.

Vorteile: I like that the software is able to maintain the hundreds of policies and procedures our hospital laboratory has to maintain. One of the best features is the CAP Inspection readiness, this has often kept us in line with what our inspectors are looking for.

Nachteile: I dislike the clunkiness of the software, it can be cumbersome to move procedures around manuals, its difficult to remove from one manual and place in another. Linking procedures is often difficult and some times time consuming as well.

Easy, Practical and Customizable Electronic Document Management System at a Great Value

Zane A.
Chief, Hematology Lab Section
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have been transitioning from an older system using word documents kept in a secure drive. MediaLab has offered the ability to collaborate on document revisions, securely track document changes, and feel more assured that only the most current version of each document is in use. We can also see at-a-glance what documents exist as approved, in-review or needing update and can see usage reports to know which are most valuable. Feedback from custom quiz success rates allows us to improve how documents (or quizzes) are written. The system also allows for remote access, which is essential to making it available wherever you are that has internet connectivity.

Vorteile: MediaLab is an easy-to-learn and robust, yet simple-to-use and maintain electronic document management system. It simplifies the document control process and allows users a variety of paths to manage their laboratory documents, including policies, processes and procedures, forms references and much more. The user interface is intuitive, and allows users to quickly access the information that they need through searchable documents. The software keeps track of previous document versions and actions, optionally allows the printing of controlled copies and makes document approval and review a snap. There is also an option to generate customizable quizzes that can be used to verify personnel have read the salient points of each new or revised document and this can double in its use as a part of competency assessment. Site management is also intuitive and comes with extensive accessible help for those with minimal background in website management. The downloadable back-ups are invaluable. The customer service has been outstanding! If you need an easy-to-use, practical and customizable electronic document management system at a great value, I highly recommend this product.

Nachteile: Nothing! If I had one wish for this product, it would be to expand its functionality with portable tablet devices. That could make it even easier to keep at the testing bench.

MediaLab is easy to use & contacting MediaLab personnel is simple. It lacks additional functionality

Christine M.
Sr QA Specialist
Medizinische Geräte, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Benefits include ability to easily pull reports, make changes quickly, assign training and enter documents for training without problems, and navigating the system with ease. However, because we are using the system for training only, it has its limitations.

Vorteile: Note: Our company uses MediaLab for training only, not document control
- Easy navigation of system (straightforward on how to train on documents)
- Easy to input information (personnel information, documents)
- Customer response is quick
- Having the functionality to assign Group Supervisors and assign special employee signoffs
- Great traceability within the system (change history for users and for permission changes)

Nachteile: Note: Our company uses MediaLab for training only, not document control
- Unable to customize reports (would like to pull reports within specific dates (not full list), list of personnel with their assigned manuals)
-Unable to customize due dates for Performing Employee signoff (we have different requirements for PE
- Assigned dates are incorrect (since we are using the software for training only, it has been problematic that when a document with a minor revision is signed off, the assigned date is changed to the signoff date - our metrics for training compliance is signoff date minus assigned date so we have inaccuracies in our data)

Overall, positive. Becoming more proficient as I become more familiar.

Bewertet am 24.5.2018
Heather W.
Laboratory Manager

Vorteile: Inspection proof: I like that our CAP checklist is imported and it is easy to link procedures to it. We will see how good it is during our upcoming CAP inspection. This will be our first inspection using Media Lab software.

Nachteile: There is definitely a learning curve with this product. There are some features "hidden" in places that don't seem logical to me. The interface is a little "old school" looking, but maybe that's why it's so cheap. I don't even know where to begin with Compass.

Very satisfied user!

Bewertet am 10.6.2016
Kris A.
Quality Manager
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have used several Document Management systems. This is by far the easiest to use. I meets all our regulatory requirements. The support in both setting up the system and ongoing has been wonderful. Any requests have been quickly dealt with. Also, they are very open to suggested changes. We have been so pleased with the Document Management system and are now adding on additional programs, such as Compass and Inspection Proof

Vorteile: You really can't make a mistake in using the system. I particularly like that you can assign users to review the documents and track their usage. Also, it's very easy to send comments back and for to users, for example if a change is requested or a typo is noted. We have staff that are not the best at using computers and this program has been very easy for them to use.
We feel that for the first time that our documents are usable, accurate and great tool to train our staff to.

Nachteile: No Cons at all. Just recommend taking the time to write and format your documents prior to checking them into the system. This will make the process much smoother.

We are a small to medium business, and this solution fits our needs perfectly.

Heather F.
Quality Assurance Manager
Biotechnologie, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: MediaLab Document Control allows EyeKor the flexibility it needs for reviewing, approving, assigning, tracking, approving controlled documents. It fits seamlessly within our existing systems.

Vorteile: This is an affordable, versatile solution, that aids in keeping all training documentation in compliance. EyeKor uses it to approve training documentation, SOPs, and manage project specific training. It manages all sizes of groups that needs training with easy and the needed flexibility for our company.

Nachteile: Sometimes there are too many ways to do things, or options to do things are buried too deep. I do not like that I can not require training on minor versions of documents. Many documents I receive externally, I cannot determine how they number, and then numbering on the document does not match the MediaLab number.

5 x implementer of MediaLab in the US

Lee S.
Laboratory Director
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have nothing but superb interactions and an even better experience with Medialab

Vorteile: Medialab Inc. is a robust and easy to implement product that helps immensely with compliance and competency. It has become an invaluable tool in the labs I have managed.

Nachteile: The only down fall is the like of a fully functional mobile app, this would help in the transition to tablets or ipads in the lab.

BEST THING EVER!

Deean J.
Analyst
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: As the site administrator for our laboratory, this has been the best thing ever to be able to organize and control all of our documents.

Vorteile: Easy to use and understand. Employees find it easy, too.

Nachteile: There is nothing about this MediaLab Document control product I'm unhappy with.

Great for getting CAP compliant

Bewertet am 16.4.2019
Michael K.
Lab Manager
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Learning curve is there, but unavoidable. Features are improving with user input. Great support team.

Vorteile: Provides for getting all documents in order and retrievable. Support is great and solved problems. Inspection proof allowed us to get through last 2 inspections in great shape.

Nachteile: Initial document entry and conversion from paper to electronic formats was a bit painful, though I expect unavoidable.

My opinion on medialab experience

Bewertet am 17.11.2018
Theresa B.
Director, Cytogenetics Laboratory
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have had good help from the company, but I think a couple of days with one of one together at your lab/site would be much more helpful for a small lab like I have.

Vorteile: I like that it is a good system for the price and aids in regulatory requirements for doc control

Nachteile: I am learning this system on my own and don't have a lot of time to devote to it and learn it all in one sitting. It is not as simple to set up as I thought it would be.

MediaLab has been transformative. It has enabled me to better oversee document control.

David K.
Laboratory Director
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Before using MediaLab we struggled constantly to manage the hundreds of policies and procedures in our lab. MediaLab has allowed me as the laboratory director to more easily review, edit, and approve all documents. It has also allowed me create more consistent documents in terms of formatting across all areas of the lab. Instead of using copies of copies of copies of forms or worksheets, we now have these in MediaLab, so there is no excuse not to have professional-appearing forms at all times.

Vorteile: Ease of use with regard to using Microsoft Word to create and edit procedures and policies. Customer service has also been exceptional.

Nachteile: There are some features I would like to see added, e.g., intradocument hyperlinks and the ability for me as a director to more easily convert from minor revision to major revision.

Great document control software; easy to use

Amer A.
Assistant Director
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, MediaLab LDC has been GREAT! We went from using an extremely buggy and unreliable SharePoint document control system to one that is seamless to use with excellent tracking capabilities, easy to upload, update and manage laboratory and personnel documents. Would highly recommend MediaLab to any laboratory especially accredited facilities.

Vorteile: It's easy to use and provides excellent reporting functions. Updating and uploading documents is seamless and tracking functionality is second to none.

Nachteile: Receive too many emails from database which leads to ignoring of important messages. Some aspects are not as easy to use as others and this is true of the personnel documentation section.

This is the best document control system that I have ever used for a laboratory.

Jennifer T.
Director, Technical Operations & Scientific Affair

Kommentare: This product simplified the review and approval process, and made true document control a reality.

Vorteile: Tracking of revisions and approvals is simplified by far. You can always look up retired documents for retrospective review, changes are tracked and highlighted for quick review, as are all levels of review and approvals. It's easy to get to one's to do list, and the system can be set up to send emails when there are actions for you to take.

Nachteile: Can't think of anything that I don't like. The vendor is responsive to requests for changes. When we have asked for changes, they have been implemented in a fairly quick timeline.

Overall the experience with MediaLab have been very informative

Delanda B.
Human Resource Associate
Medizinische Praxis, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The experience has been great.We use the software on a daily basis. The software helps streamline the workflow of the organization and it keeps our documents in a centralized location. Employees are able to use the current version of each document. Assigning documents by groups and individual employees is also a great benefit of this system. Being able to assign compency test so Scientists and other staff members can stay informed and current is also a great benefit.

Vorteile: Overall, I like the system. I enjoy assigning users to review important documents. I like the assessment field and continuing education. The system helps our company with retrieving and maintaining documents.

Nachteile: Too many screens and it is not easy to toggle back and forth. The Help menu is also hard to get the information that you are researching.

Medialab Document Control

Rezvaneh P.
Quality/ AP Manager
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am saving a lot of time using document control. By using Medialab document control feature, I know that my employees sign off on all documents as soon as they are approved and I can keep records of their activities.
Also, the fee is comparable to other software out there.

Vorteile: It is user friendly at most parts. Easy to upload documents and start approval process. Easy for biennial review. Reminders for different due dates helps employees. Helps getting ready for inspection via inspection proof.

Nachteile: Giving permissions to employees and group of employees have been a challenge for me. Also, I have problem giving permission to the Managers for biennial review of their department procedure manual.

LOVE Media lab!

Terri P.
Microbiology/Phlebotomy Supervisor
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: All around excellent experience with Media Lab.

Vorteile: Really easy to maintain compliance to CAP Document Control standards. Easy to use, track, generate reports, make assignments, etc, and would highly recommend to any laboratory without electronic Document Control!

Nachteile: The front end uploading of all SOPs took a bit of time, but once the manuals are organized, it makes maintenance and compliance a breeze. They also offer "Inspection Proof" which is a MUST HAVE for any lab inspected by CAP.

MediaLab is great for document control, continuing education, and readiness for inspections!

Bewertet am 23.5.2018
Reid H.
Histology Manager

Vorteile: For the money, you can't beat MediaLab!
I like that it was developed by lab professionals instead of some

Nachteile: I don't like the limitations with other browsers. You pretty much have to use IE for best results
I don't like the way they handle customer support. I prefer talking with someone on the phone over email.
I don't care for the way you cant just click on a line on a document; It is an image. If you want to click on the actual document, you have to download it for editing.

Good for the Price

Bewertet am 25.9.2018
Chris B.
Project Leader
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: For us it solved the day to day grind of so much work on paper. One person was responsible for thousands of documents and the changes, so things would fall behind or get lost. We may still fall behind but it is due to lack of time to properly review a document and wanting to wait until we have enough time and can give it some thought.

Vorteile: It was easy to upload existing documents and treat them just like a manual on paper.

Nachteile: It can get complicated making workflows and dealing with Divisions. The sharing of documents can be confusing.

I use the software extensively to train our students and CLS staff

Bewertet am 24.5.2018
Roland F.
Supervisor/Education Coordinator

Vorteile: The courses offered are comprehensive and excellent quality. We are a teaching hospital and we train CLS students in our laboratory, the ability to create our own custom courses thru Coursebuilder is a great tool for teaching.

Nachteile: Website navigation is not intuitive. It takes familiarity with the software to find information. We use Document Control for our procedures and it is not that easy to search a topic or procedure. Layout is confusing sometimes.

Media Lab has worked out well for our needs.

Kathy H.
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are required to have document control and this serves our needs very well.

Vorteile: It is easy to download, revise and upload procedures. Inspection Proof is an enormous help with our inspections. We can just sit the inspectors down with a computer and this covers most our inspection because it is very easy for them to go through their checklist from there.

Nachteile: Sometimes the help tips do not cover what I need to know, even though it seems to me that it should be there.

Makes document control easy

Samantha B.
Director of Microbiology
Biotechnologie, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The system has been easy for the staff to learn and controlled permissions provide document security. I also like the fact that all your company SOPs and worksheets are in one place!

Vorteile: Ability to organize the documents for easy retrieval by staff. Also the ability to keep up with timely review of documents so as to maintain compliance.

Nachteile: Sometimes hard to find how to control permissions and access. Can usually find it, but sometimes takes a while to get it right.

I do several sections, Safety, Point of Care and sign off of Dept manual/doc for the entire system

James W.
Director, Laboratory
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: An entire easy to use document control systems that simplifies the process and makes usable.

Vorteile: How simple it is to update a policy and get it sign off. Reminders for updates. Minor vs major revision to help speed up the review process. Easy access to documents and manuals. Validation of sign offs by pathologists and reviewers

Nachteile: Too many Staff notifications for policy review - however part of that is due to staff not reviewing when they should

I utilize MediaLab's Document Control software at my laboratory to ensure compliance with CAP regs.

Bewertet am 7.11.2017
Director Of Laboratory Operations
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It ensures compliance with industry standard practices and regulations.

Vorteile: The ease of use and comprehensive approach it takes to document control makes the software easy to use and easy to stay in compliance. We also use its sign off features for our off-site Laboratory Director to sign and approve documents quickly.

Nachteile: I wish the software allowed digital signatures to be applied to uploaded documents rather than just the summary sheet.

Very useful once you figure it out.

Bewertet am 30.5.2018
Terry W.
Blood Bank Section Head
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I really gives new employees easy access to procedures.

Vorteile: Great for inspections and documentation. We allow inspectors to look at the manuals. Inspection proof is also a very good product. It minimizes the time they have to search for documents.

Nachteile: Not the easiest software to navigate. The learning curve in my case was not to steep! Some changes to the icons might be helpful especially for us old dudes.....

Media Lab is very user friendly

Angela M.
Manager, Lab Quality, Safety, Document Control
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We use the document control, continuing education, and inspection proof

Vorteile: I like that it has a variety of functionality (i.e. document control, continuing education, competency, inspection proof).

Nachteile: We are a healthcare system and some of the functionality with the document control process does not lend itself easily to a system approach. Multiple facilities with multiple medical directors with the same policies.