Über Later

Hilft dir beim Planen, Verwalten und Terminieren deiner visuellen Social-Media-Posts und Marketingkampagnen.

Erfahre mehr über Later

Kayla S.
Social Media and Digital Marketing Specialist
  • Bewertet am 12.9.2019

"Tons of features!"

Kommentare: Overall, I do really enjoy Later. I think it's appropriately priced and has great features that many other scheduling apps don't. Most important of all - it allows you to schedule Instagram stories which is VERY important nowadays in social media marketing.

Vorteile: I love that it allows you to post on Instagram stories, which is why I initially purchased a paid plan.

Nachteile: It's a bit tricky to use and not the most user-friendly. I haven't been able to dive too deep into the tutorials but I hope to have time soon enough.

• Bewertet am 12.9.2019
Darien C.
Youth Pastor
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 21.1.2020

"Well designed Social Media Management platform with a fatal flaw"

Kommentare: Overall, Later was an incredible platform that offers some incredible features at a price point that cannot be beat - serving as the primary social media management platform for our team for well over a year. However, due to a lack of customer support surrounding a key feature consistently breaking, we were forced to give up on Later and move to competing products.

Vorteile: Later is an incredibly well-designed platform that offers the best user-interface and planning features I've encountered across social media management platforms. Setting up Later with our Instagram & Facebook accounts was a breeze, as was configuring the platform to fit my specific needs with custom post-schedules, and their visual planner (offering week views, monthly views & even a profile view) - all available at their free tiered platform. Pay a couple bucks a month, and you get access to even more features - such as suggested posting times (truly an incredible feature), video posting, instagram story posting, and team management options (such as Contributors) that are truly unbeatable at the price Later offers them.

Nachteile: While Later's platform was absolutely stunning & incredibly user-friendly, my issue with Later stemmed from the continued issue of Later failing to post scheduled Instagram posts. I will say, I haven't used Later since late 2018 (so this issue may have been resolved); but I was continually dealing with this issue for over 6 months - with a scheduled post failing to post, the Later platform marking the post as "failed to post", and Later refusing to notify me of the failure - despite their fallback feature of notifying the user via the app when a post fails to get posted. With this issue I contacted support, but got given the run-around "Instagram's API" was down (seems to have happened a lot while I was with Later and never when I switched to another platform), so I begrudgingly made the decision to switch to a more expensive & less featured platform that would auto-post to instagram. As I mentioned previously however, this issue may have been resolved in the past 1.5 years since I used the platform.

• Bewertet am 21.1.2020
Pj G.
  • Bewertet am 1.5.2020

"Great Scheduler for FB and IG"

Vorteile: Later's best feature is planning your posts on IG and FB, and seeing how these would appear on your feed. This makes it easier to curate the feeds of businesses. It also allows you to schedule the first comment, and this is useful for whenever you want to use hashtags and don't want to mess up the caption. It is also easy to collaborate with clients because you can send them a link to the calendar and they do not need a Later account to collaborate with you.

Nachteile: The only downside to this software is the necessity to refresh your connection tokens way too often. Also, there is no option to save posts as drafts.

• Bewertet am 1.5.2020
Laura P.
Production Coordinator
Medienproduktion, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 19.9.2019

"More a scheduling app that anything else"

Kommentare: I think it's a good tool to schedule posts os stories that you have previously designed and edited. It'd not very helpful when it comes to tag or mention a large number of people which is quite important if you collaborate with lots of different teams and accounts in your business.
Overall, it'd be more helpful if the usability was a bit more similar to what you find on Instagram, however I guess it's just a question of getting used to it (although the predictive keyboard would be a great help).

Vorteile: Later is quite useful to have an idea of what your progression is in terms on followers and reactions.
What I like the most about it is the preview option that lets you have a better idea of how your posts would look like . There aren't many other apps that offer you such a useful view.
Obviously we also like the fact that lets you schedule all your posts and in general is very intuitive and easy to use. I like how it relays on visual structures to plan your feed.
It doesn't overcomplicate things which is very handy.
Customer service is also really good.

Nachteile: All the analytics part of it is really helpful. However, I think it would improve if it could give more details about the overall engagement of our profile. This means it would be great if we could have graphics that sum up all the reactions ( reactions for our stories, posts and clicks on our link all together).
One thing I would also improve is to allow the option of uploading more than one still per post. At the moment every time we want to post a few pictures together we need to do it through out phone.
I'd also add predictive text when it comes to tag or mention any of our contacts (at the moment you have to enter the full name of everyone, an it takes way longer than doing it though Instagram, specially when you need to tag a lot of people).
I'd also like to have the option for adding text to our stories. At the moment Lates lets you crop or apply filters to your stories but it doesn't let you add text or gifs as you would do directly on Instagram.

• Bewertet am 19.9.2019
Liz G.
Marketing
  • Bewertet am 8.5.2020

"Great Social Media Tool!"

Kommentare: Later not only is a great platform to have to keep consistent with scheduling social media content, but they also have a blog with lots of resources and articles about marketing. They keep relative with the social trends and new updates within the social platforms to help give insightful tips!

Vorteile: Later is very user friendly and they make it so easy to schedule out content for Instagram! I really like how they have the option to share a calendar link of what upcoming posts you have scheduled. I use that all the time to share upcoming social content with my team!

Nachteile: I wish I could schedule out other social media platforms as well on Later, besides just Instagram. This tool is great otherwise.

• Bewertet am 8.5.2020
Richelle B.
Event Coordinator
Fundraising, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 5.9.2019

"The best scheduling platforms! "

Kommentare: I have used other scheduling platforms in the past and Later is by far my favorite and has an number of great features. I would highly recommend using this software for both small and large organizations. It is a great way to collaborate with a large marketing/digital Strategy team or for an individual whose role is posting on social media. It will save you a lot of time and allow you to be creative with the preview and calendar feature.

Vorteile: Using Later you are able to schedule post throughout the week that will automatically be added to your feed. Another great feature is you can create a visual Instagram planner to see how content will look aesthetically and if it is on brand before posting. One of the best features with this software is you can link urls to photos that you are posting on your feed. Instead of having to change the link in you bio every time a new event or new article is posted, you can put the later link in your bio and every photo you put a link on using Later will show up. This has been an amazing feature for all the different events our company has going on that requires a customized url. Also very user friendly and easy to teach to new employees.

Nachteile: Currently we use Later for only Instagram, but our Facebook ad Twitter is also linked to the app as well. I have not tried posting onto these platforms yet using this software. One con is that it is tailored to work best with Instagram from what I have seen so far. It would be great for the app to work across all social media platforms.

• Bewertet am 5.9.2019
HOT¿BED Gallery Intern
Design, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 27.9.2019

"See Ya LATER, Competing Apps!"

Kommentare: Overall, Later's been a great app to utilize. We tried Buffer, which didn't appeal to our experience style. Later's made it easy for us to post on multiple accounts and customize the scheduled posts. Later's helped us maintain a consistent social media presence in my organization's off-season time when our programming is spread out but we wanna show our relevance in the community.

Vorteile: How easy it is to use, that it's an industry standard, and the extra features in the subscription are actually worth the price. The free version is accessible to people new to social media marketing, which makes it easy for anyone to get social media marketing/communications experience. The interface makes it easy to visualize when posts are scheduled, which photos have or haven't been used yet, and which social networks the posts are scheduled for. On top of that, I love that each post can be customized based on a platform's post guidelines and, if you have different demographics for each network, you can tailor your first caption to whatever audience you're trying to appeal to.

Nachteile: The only issue I ran into with Later is trying to authorize Later to log into Facebook mostly because we have multiple admins on the organization's page. We ended up resolving it by finding out the only person allowed to authorize the two apps to combine info is the person with the email address tied to the Later account. It's a hassle to keep in mind, but a small one that can be relieved easily.

• Bewertet am 27.9.2019
Sarah P.
Virtual Assistant
Onlinemedien, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 7.12.2019

"Excellent Instragram Scheduler"

Kommentare: Before finding Later, I struggled to maintain consistency with my Instagram posting and a cohesive look was nonexistent for my account. Being given the ability to schedule out several days or even a week's worth of posts, and arrangement them so they looked nice together has been a game-changer. I have gone from 500 followers to over 10K followers in the past 2 years thanks to the consistency and visuals Later provides me.

Vorteile: My favorite element of Later is the grid display. When uploading your images/content to the scheduler, yoit makes it easy to view the images in a grid similar to the Instagram layout. By seeing your content in the same layout it will be posted allows you to arrange your content in an order that allows the images to look cohesive.

Nachteile: Honestly, I do not have any complaints about the app. I find it easy to use, and it meets my needs perfectly.

• Bewertet am 7.12.2019
Business Owner
  • Bewertet am 22.8.2019

"Great for Instagram, If that is your only social media platform..."

Kommentare: It helps my business save time by posting to Instagram automatically. I block out an hour or two per month and create my content and schedule it with later, so it is a great tool for my business.

Vorteile: I love the easy set up when you sign up for an account and the fact that it saves you so much time scheduling posts for Instagram! The basic account is also FREE which is amazing! Also, they have a great blog full of valuable content!

Nachteile: I wish it had a way to integrate with more apps, like google drive, canva or adobe. It would just make it easier to create posts and send them over through some sort of integration. I would also like to be able to post to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest etc. with Later, For now they are just and Instagram platform.

• Bewertet am 22.8.2019
Justin R.
Social Media Marketing Specialist
Konsumgüter, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 1.8.2019

"Great for Instagram Posts!"

Kommentare: I enjoy this program and would recommend it to anyone who has to schedule IG posts out in advance.

Vorteile: Extremely easy to use and I like the vertical daily display of scheduled posts.

Nachteile: There seems to be the occasional issue of profiles getting disconnected for no reason.

• Bewertet am 1.8.2019
Laura G.
Manager, Lead Photographer
Fotografie, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 7.3.2019

"Gave me My Life Back!!!"

Kommentare: Later has legitimately changed the way I do business and how I think about social media as a whole. Social media is not a burden anymore, but something that I am very intentional with, I keep my media organized, I get it scheduled, I find it joyful and not a drag to deal with and I owe this all to Later.
Major kudos to the Later team for making such an amazing platform!

Vorteile: Later is unbelievably EASY to use! Whether you choose weekly or monthly view, , scheduling with Later could not be any easier!! I have Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram, plus you can connect Twitter as well. They now have scheduling for Insta Stories which is a REALLY BIG DEAL!!! The analytics tools are pure gold because they will help you see exactly how your posts are performing and focus on how to steer your campaigns moving forward. The newly released hashtags analytics will also let you see exactly how well each and every hashtag you're using is performing, so you'll know if you should be using them or research more and replace those hashtags with new ones. Especially if you are handling multiple accounts across a multitude of platforms, and you want to stay on top of your social media, Later is ABSOLUTELY a tool that anyone with a business should use nowadays!!!

Nachteile: I started using Later about two years ago and I can already tell how much they have evolved in just the two years since I've been a user. in the beginning they did not have a placeholder for images, just in case I just had an idea and had the text/copy, but would add the image later. Well, they just rolled this out. So this is just one example of one shortcoming I used to not like about the software, but they are making huge huge strides in constantly improving the platform!

• Bewertet am 7.3.2019
Katie P.
Content Writer
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 23.4.2019

"Visually pleasing and proficient piece of tech"

Kommentare: This tool is great for short-term and long-term organisation. It allows you to visually map out your brand story through Insta, and gives larger teams structure to work on the details of organizing hashtags, choosing visually consistent messaging and planning each post. The conversation tool is a smart function, and the general layout is very easy and intuitive to use from the get-go.
Ps. The blog offers some pretty useful insight too. All in all, I really like this brand.

Vorteile: The layout is smashing. Being able to view a calendar and also a 'bank' of images is a great idea. I've played around with other services and Later by far offers one of the 'cleanest' and easiest to use interfaces. I've introduced this product to a small-sized start-up I am freelancing for (replacing Hootsuite) and they've seen a consistent increase in engagement on Insta. The price plans are fair and allow for smaller clients looking to develop side-projects, like another of my clients who considers himself a 'technophobe', but has now started his own Insta channel to support his blog. After a few training sessions, the platform is so easy that he's now managing his own hashtags and scheduling with a few pointers from me. So, to summarise: good free option, fair pricing scale for smaller companies, great features (scheduling, hashtag finder, conversation manager), very easy to use platform. Remember, this comes from someone who is working as a freelance content writer and content strategist. My clients are mostly startups and individual professionals (ie consultants). My experience with later, therefore, is limited to the free plan and smaller pricing plans - I've not used the Brand/Starter packs for business.

Nachteile: I'm scraping the barrel here... The hashtag function is pretty smart, but beware - whilst it recommends hashtags within the topic, the hashtags themselves can go beyond irrelevant and become downright inappropriate (I have experienced on more than one occasion googling (instagoogling?) the hashtags recommended by Later's tool and getting a lot of 'modeling' pics eg #gorgeousview, a hashtag related to #stunningview etc - half-naked chicks wasn't the vibe/audience the client was going for. Not exactly Later's fault, but something to be warned of that it looks like a 'quick fix' to a part of the Instagramming that really takes time and effort to research and execute properly. That's about all the complaining I can do.

• Bewertet am 23.4.2019
Freelance Creative
Grafikdesign, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 29.8.2019

"Later"

Kommentare: I love using Later. I think its definitely worth the price, but would like if they allowed a few more users per pricing plan. It is simple, easy, and convenient to use. It really allows you to be in control over your social.

Vorteile: I like the flexibility it has to post and schedule different types of content for Instagram. I really like that you get a preview of your posts and you can plan them out so far ahead.. You actually get a link you can share of your planned posts so other people can see it. My favorite part of later is that you can post directly to Instagram, it allows you to tag people and tag locations. This software also gives you analytics, allows you to pull content from others via hashtags and searches, and it allows you to add other users as contributors.

Nachteile: I currently don't like that you can't auto publish carousel photos but I think that's more of an Instagram API issue than anything else.

• Bewertet am 29.8.2019
Caitlin K.
Marketing Manager
  • Bewertet am 5.9.2017

"The only way I will schedule my Instagram posts!"

Vorteile: I can't speak highly enough about Later. First off, it's VISUAL. You can schedule out your content by dragging and dropping photos from your media library into your "scheduler", and it doesn't end there.. you can also preview the look of your feed and drag and drop media around according to what looks best, so you always know what your feed is going to look like. For visual brands, this is huge- and initially what drew me to Planoly (but Later easily ended up taking the cake because of it's other features).. the best of which is link in bio. For brands that use frequent call to action "links" in their posts this is revolutionary, and gone are the days that I need to change out our link in bio everrrrry time we post something (and miss out on conversions because of instagram's algorithm and changed links!). With the link in bio feature, you have one static link (linkin.bio/yourbrandname) and your identical feed will show up and EVERY post can link through to a different source. These two features alone are what sold me, but I also love the ability to schedule video, schedule twitter separately, create "tags" in our media library according to different types of posts/locations, etc. for easy access and their analytics get better everyday.

Nachteile: Analytics are pretty basic, which is unfortunate... but the Later team is always improving them and I am confident they will keep getting more and more robust!

• Bewertet am 5.9.2017
Renee H.
Marketing Coordinator
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 4.12.2019

"Love this program!"

Kommentare: I can go on vacation and not worry that my Team's social media channels will be without content while I am gone. It is so seamless people think I never take a vacation! And my Team Members have access to the social media admin side, so they can delete or edit anything that is posted while I'm unreachable.

Vorteile: I love later because I can schedule social media posts for times of the day when I am not in the office and when I am on vacation. It is easy to upload content to the site, and you can see which items have been used and which haven't. You can schedule multiple posts with the same content for different days. You can schedule posts for a variety of social media programs.

Nachteile: Using the free version, you are limited in the number of posts that you can schedule per month. And you can't see the statistics on which posts were viewed the most to know the best time of day to schedule. It is annoying to have to refresh the connections to your social media sites.

• Bewertet am 4.12.2019
Rachel S.
Founder & Designer
Design, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 17.5.2017

"The only way I'll plan my Instagram feed!"

Kommentare: :: Super easy to manage Instagram feed planning
:: Seamless switch from mobile app to web interface
:: I can plan in advance how I want my Instagram feed to look
:: Beautifully designed interface
:: Packed full of extra features I didn't think to use
Note: I only / mainly use Later for Instagram feed planning, but you can use it for more social networks now too!

Vorteile: I absolutely love the whole experience of using Later, from start to finish. I've tried other tools and have ended up circling back to Later every single time. Working with Later is seamless from the app on my iPhone to the web interface. It makes it really easy to plan my Instagram feed, and I know I'm not even using it to the absolute max it could be! I feel like I've just scratched the surface and know there's so much more I could be using this tool for. :)

Nachteile: I find it a lot harder to plan my feed from the app on my phone - it's not quite as intuitive as I feel that it could be. That said, I prefer to do most of the planning from the web interface anyway and use the phone app for reminders to post, and to also add more media to my Later media library.

• Bewertet am 17.5.2017
Ricky R.
Graphic Designer
Bekleidung & Mode, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 28.1.2020

"Easiest Social Media Scheduler There Is"

Kommentare: Overall Later is my go to software for automating and scheduling post for my social media campaigns and personal brand.

Vorteile: What I like most about this software is it’s visual planner for Instagram feeds which allows you visually organize your posts before they are published as opposed to other tools that don’t allow you to see how a group of automated posts will look on your brands page. Another Instagram feature that I like the most is it’s newest add-on which allows you to create and automate Instagram stories from within the software itself.

Nachteile: What I like least about this software is it lack of features for other social media platforms like Facebook compared to its multitude of features for Instagram.

• Bewertet am 28.1.2020
Tyler S.
Media Manager
Automotive, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 15.5.2019

"Managing our social media accounts has never been easier"

Kommentare: I've used Later for just over a year. Instead of worrying about what to post each day, I will typically schedule posts once a week for the next two weeks or more. It will auto-post and I simply have to check for and respond to comments. It saves so much time and headaches, especially when travelling. I can not do my job without Later, anymore.

Vorteile: I love how frequently this software is updated and how transparent they are with updates and feature requests. This is the first software I've used where feature requests actually get turned into actual features in a timely manner. Occasionally a feature is modified or removed due to the changing API of the social platform itself and Later does it's best to inform their users of the change well ahead of it taking place and suggests workarounds or implements new features to help ease the transition. If I have any complaints about a feature it is a limitation of the API and not Later.

Nachteile: Any limitations in Later are due to the social platforms themselves, limiting what Later can or cannot allow its users to do.

• Bewertet am 15.5.2019
Lucy S.
Owner of LVS Digital Marketing
  • Bewertet am 24.7.2019

"Their Support Team is Terrible "

Kommentare: While their software is good, it does not outweigh the fact that I am losing clients because they can't be bothered to respond to my emails or chats.

Vorteile: I really like Later's easy to use features. It's very good for visually scheduling Instagram posts.

Nachteile: I have been emailing them for over 72 hours trying to add two new Instagram profiles to my account. I've sent multiple emails & chats with no response. It's extremely upsetting that they're are causing turmoil in my on-boarding process especially when I am trying to pay them more money. If they're going to take 48-72 hours to get back to paying customers, please just allow us to automatically add new accounts on our end.

• Bewertet am 24.7.2019
Jessica H.
Digital Media Manager
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 4.1.2020

"Great Social Media Software!"

Kommentare: I love Later, as it allows us to schedule to Instagram Stories and visually have a library to review. Using this daily, it allows us to quickly schedule reposts - esp on Instagram with tagging users and location.

Vorteile: The pros of this software is being able to schedule content across all major Social Media platforms - including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. It's nice to visually see posts, to have a media library of all scheduled content - with capability to tag and organize such.

Nachteile: The cons of this software are the inability to schedule to LinkedIn. Additionally, unselecting a platform in a scheduled post can be a bit of time. You have to go bak and make sure whatever platforms you have selected are ones you want post to go to. Its a bit different than competitors but really modern style and look.

• Bewertet am 4.1.2020
Donna D.
Make-Up Artist
Kosmetik, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 11.12.2019

"Later is a must have for instagram content!"

Kommentare: I really like how Later ends out emails with tips and tricks on how to grow your instagram. They send out emails from other business owners and show their feeds, as well as information about what's happening on instagram. Great app!

Vorteile: I really love that Later allows me to input all the instagram posts for the week and I can see how the layout looks with my previous posts. I don't utilize the schedule option, but I am obsessed with being able to see how my grid will look before I post. This allows me to make sure my feed is visually appealing when going to my profile. I love it!

Nachteile: I haven't experienced anything I don't like. I use the free plan with one of my accounts and it does everything I need.

• Bewertet am 11.12.2019
Fraser C.
Founder and Publisher of Universe Today
  • Bewertet am 11.4.2018

"Organize and schedule your social media posts in advance"

Kommentare: It allows us to let a different guest astrophotographer post photos to our Instagram every day without a lot of work. An incredibly valuable tool that we totally rely on.

Vorteile: We let a different astrophotographer "take over" our Instagram account every day and post three of their pictures to our audience. Later makes this incredibly easy for astrophotographers to queue up their pictures (each of which is interacting with Later for the first time), but still gives us control over making sure they're good quality before we post them.

Nachteile: They have similar functionality for Twitter and Facebook but it's automatically, so it doesn't serve the same purpose for us.

• Bewertet am 11.4.2018
Sara T.
Graphic Designer
Grafikdesign, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 6.12.2019

"Invaluable for Social Media Managers"

Kommentare: I manage a lot of social media for companies and this allows me to set up, implement, and schedule lots of posts quickly and easily without having to miss a time to stop what I am doing and post something (specifically to Instagram). My workflow is so much better for this app.

Vorteile: The visual calendar is my absolute favorite feature of Later. I can easily visually layout my weeks and months' worth of posts visually without having to make a calendar or rely just on dates. I also love the image filter so you can see what images are unused.

Nachteile: There isn't much I dislike about Later that is specifically a software issue. I realize that there are some integrations with Instagram that just aren't viable and that isn't Later's fault but just the nature of the beast.

• Bewertet am 6.12.2019
Mj N.
creator
Bekleidung & Mode, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 26.11.2019

"Love Later!"

Kommentare: Was looking for an IG scheduling app and this is the first I tried -- and I love it. So handy and easy to use. Love that I can use my computer and not a phone to post. But it is also accessible via phone so a win-win. I feel much more organized using Later.

Vorteile: I just started using later about 6 months ago to schedule my IG posts. It's so much easier using my laptop to compose and post IG posts than a phone! I love how I can upload a bunch of posts into the library and have them ready, and schedule them out for days. Also love that I can post to IG and FB at the same time! Keep tags in a little library, too, and can paste them in as needed. So handy!

Nachteile: I know I can't complain about a free version but I do with I could schedule videos and multiple images. That's about the only shortfall for me so far. But that's on me. It was really done everything I've needed so far.

• Bewertet am 26.11.2019
Bruce W.
Learning Development Consultant
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 8.1.2019

"To Be Strongly Considered Business Instagram App/Service"

Kommentare: Using Later.com allows me to "batch" work around creating IG posts. It provides easy to use tools to store and edit photos, create captions, and calendar future posts. The analytics available to a business through Later enable us to refine our posts and has led to a sustained increase in our posts' engagement. The company consistently provides articles and media content that keeps users abreast of Instagram changes and suggests strategies to improve results. Over the past year of use, Later has improved the product and the usefulness of the service to our business on a monthly basis.

Vorteile: It is designed to create, schedule, and publish Instagram content Strong, analytic feedback, available on business plans Excellent and growing library of training videos and articles to enhance business through the use of Instagram

Nachteile: Chat support is emailed based and sometimes there can be two day delays in receiving a response

• Bewertet am 8.1.2019