The best scheduling platforms!

Bewertet am 5.9.2019
Richelle B.
Event Coordinator
Fundraising, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have used other scheduling platforms in the past and Later is by far my favorite and has an number of great features. I would highly recommend using this software for both small and large organizations. It is a great way to collaborate with a large marketing/digital Strategy team or for an individual whose role is posting on social media. It will save you a lot of time and allow you to be creative with the preview and calendar feature.

Vorteile: Using Later you are able to schedule post throughout the week that will automatically be added to your feed. Another great feature is you can create a visual Instagram planner to see how content will look aesthetically and if it is on brand before posting. One of the best features with this software is you can link urls to photos that you are posting on your feed. Instead of having to change the link in you bio every time a new event or new article is posted, you can put the later link in your bio and every photo you put a link on using Later will show up. This has been an amazing feature for all the different events our company has going on that requires a customized url. Also very user friendly and easy to teach to new employees.

Nachteile: Currently we use Later for only Instagram, but our Facebook ad Twitter is also linked to the app as well. I have not tried posting onto these platforms yet using this software. One con is that it is tailored to work best with Instagram from what I have seen so far. It would be great for the app to work across all social media platforms.

Gave me My Life Back!!!

Bewertet am 7.3.2019
Laura G.
Manager, Lead Photographer
Fotografie, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Later has legitimately changed the way I do business and how I think about social media as a whole. Social media is not a burden anymore, but something that I am very intentional with, I keep my media organized, I get it scheduled, I find it joyful and not a drag to deal with and I owe this all to Later.
Major kudos to the Later team for making such an amazing platform!

Vorteile: Later is unbelievably EASY to use! Whether you choose weekly or monthly view, , scheduling with Later could not be any easier!! I have Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram, plus you can connect Twitter as well. They now have scheduling for Insta Stories which is a REALLY BIG DEAL!!! The analytics tools are pure gold because they will help you see exactly how your posts are performing and focus on how to steer your campaigns moving forward. The newly released hashtags analytics will also let you see exactly how well each and every hashtag you're using is performing, so you'll know if you should be using them or research more and replace those hashtags with new ones. Especially if you are handling multiple accounts across a multitude of platforms, and you want to stay on top of your social media, Later is ABSOLUTELY a tool that anyone with a business should use nowadays!!!

Nachteile: I started using Later about two years ago and I can already tell how much they have evolved in just the two years since I've been a user. in the beginning they did not have a placeholder for images, just in case I just had an idea and had the text/copy, but would add the image later. Well, they just rolled this out. So this is just one example of one shortcoming I used to not like about the software, but they are making huge huge strides in constantly improving the platform!

See Ya LATER, Competing Apps!

Bewertet am 27.9.2019
HOT¿BED Gallery Intern
Design, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, Later's been a great app to utilize. We tried Buffer, which didn't appeal to our experience style. Later's made it easy for us to post on multiple accounts and customize the scheduled posts. Later's helped us maintain a consistent social media presence in my organization's off-season time when our programming is spread out but we wanna show our relevance in the community.

Vorteile: How easy it is to use, that it's an industry standard, and the extra features in the subscription are actually worth the price. The free version is accessible to people new to social media marketing, which makes it easy for anyone to get social media marketing/communications experience. The interface makes it easy to visualize when posts are scheduled, which photos have or haven't been used yet, and which social networks the posts are scheduled for. On top of that, I love that each post can be customized based on a platform's post guidelines and, if you have different demographics for each network, you can tailor your first caption to whatever audience you're trying to appeal to.

Nachteile: The only issue I ran into with Later is trying to authorize Later to log into Facebook mostly because we have multiple admins on the organization's page. We ended up resolving it by finding out the only person allowed to authorize the two apps to combine info is the person with the email address tied to the Later account. It's a hassle to keep in mind, but a small one that can be relieved easily.

Visually pleasing and proficient piece of tech

Bewertet am 23.4.2019
Katie P.
Content Writer
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: This tool is great for short-term and long-term organisation. It allows you to visually map out your brand story through Insta, and gives larger teams structure to work on the details of organizing hashtags, choosing visually consistent messaging and planning each post. The conversation tool is a smart function, and the general layout is very easy and intuitive to use from the get-go.
Ps. The blog offers some pretty useful insight too. All in all, I really like this brand.

Vorteile: The layout is smashing. Being able to view a calendar and also a 'bank' of images is a great idea. I've played around with other services and Later by far offers one of the 'cleanest' and easiest to use interfaces. I've introduced this product to a small-sized start-up I am freelancing for (replacing Hootsuite) and they've seen a consistent increase in engagement on Insta. The price plans are fair and allow for smaller clients looking to develop side-projects, like another of my clients who considers himself a 'technophobe', but has now started his own Insta channel to support his blog. After a few training sessions, the platform is so easy that he's now managing his own hashtags and scheduling with a few pointers from me. So, to summarise: good free option, fair pricing scale for smaller companies, great features (scheduling, hashtag finder, conversation manager), very easy to use platform. Remember, this comes from someone who is working as a freelance content writer and content strategist. My clients are mostly startups and individual professionals (ie consultants). My experience with later, therefore, is limited to the free plan and smaller pricing plans - I've not used the Brand/Starter packs for business.

Nachteile: I'm scraping the barrel here... The hashtag function is pretty smart, but beware - whilst it recommends hashtags within the topic, the hashtags themselves can go beyond irrelevant and become downright inappropriate (I have experienced on more than one occasion googling (instagoogling?) the hashtags recommended by Later's tool and getting a lot of 'modeling' pics eg #gorgeousview, a hashtag related to #stunningview etc - half-naked chicks wasn't the vibe/audience the client was going for. Not exactly Later's fault, but something to be warned of that it looks like a 'quick fix' to a part of the Instagramming that really takes time and effort to research and execute properly. That's about all the complaining I can do.

Later

Bewertet am 29.8.2019
Freelance Creative
Grafikdesign, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I love using Later. I think its definitely worth the price, but would like if they allowed a few more users per pricing plan. It is simple, easy, and convenient to use. It really allows you to be in control over your social.

Vorteile: I like the flexibility it has to post and schedule different types of content for Instagram. I really like that you get a preview of your posts and you can plan them out so far ahead.. You actually get a link you can share of your planned posts so other people can see it. My favorite part of later is that you can post directly to Instagram, it allows you to tag people and tag locations. This software also gives you analytics, allows you to pull content from others via hashtags and searches, and it allows you to add other users as contributors.

Nachteile: I currently don't like that you can't auto publish carousel photos but I think that's more of an Instagram API issue than anything else.

Great for Instagram, If that is your only social media platform...

Bewertet am 22.8.2019
Business Owner

Kommentare: It helps my business save time by posting to Instagram automatically. I block out an hour or two per month and create my content and schedule it with later, so it is a great tool for my business.

Vorteile: I love the easy set up when you sign up for an account and the fact that it saves you so much time scheduling posts for Instagram! The basic account is also FREE which is amazing! Also, they have a great blog full of valuable content!

Nachteile: I wish it had a way to integrate with more apps, like google drive, canva or adobe. It would just make it easier to create posts and send them over through some sort of integration. I would also like to be able to post to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest etc. with Later, For now they are just and Instagram platform.

The only way I will schedule my Instagram posts!

Bewertet am 5.9.2017
Caitlin K.
Marketing Manager

Vorteile: I can't speak highly enough about Later. First off, it's VISUAL. You can schedule out your content by dragging and dropping photos from your media library into your "scheduler", and it doesn't end there.. you can also preview the look of your feed and drag and drop media around according to what looks best, so you always know what your feed is going to look like. For visual brands, this is huge- and initially what drew me to Planoly (but Later easily ended up taking the cake because of it's other features).. the best of which is link in bio. For brands that use frequent call to action "links" in their posts this is revolutionary, and gone are the days that I need to change out our link in bio everrrrry time we post something (and miss out on conversions because of instagram's algorithm and changed links!). With the link in bio feature, you have one static link (linkin.bio/yourbrandname) and your identical feed will show up and EVERY post can link through to a different source. These two features alone are what sold me, but I also love the ability to schedule video, schedule twitter separately, create "tags" in our media library according to different types of posts/locations, etc. for easy access and their analytics get better everyday.

Nachteile: Analytics are pretty basic, which is unfortunate... but the Later team is always improving them and I am confident they will keep getting more and more robust!

Love this program!

Bewertet am 4.12.2019
Renee H.
Marketing Coordinator
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I can go on vacation and not worry that my Team's social media channels will be without content while I am gone. It is so seamless people think I never take a vacation! And my Team Members have access to the social media admin side, so they can delete or edit anything that is posted while I'm unreachable.

Vorteile: I love later because I can schedule social media posts for times of the day when I am not in the office and when I am on vacation. It is easy to upload content to the site, and you can see which items have been used and which haven't. You can schedule multiple posts with the same content for different days. You can schedule posts for a variety of social media programs.

Nachteile: Using the free version, you are limited in the number of posts that you can schedule per month. And you can't see the statistics on which posts were viewed the most to know the best time of day to schedule. It is annoying to have to refresh the connections to your social media sites.

The only way I'll plan my Instagram feed!

Bewertet am 17.5.2017
Rachel S.
Founder & Designer
Design, Selbstständig

Kommentare: :: Super easy to manage Instagram feed planning
:: Seamless switch from mobile app to web interface
:: I can plan in advance how I want my Instagram feed to look
:: Beautifully designed interface
:: Packed full of extra features I didn't think to use
Note: I only / mainly use Later for Instagram feed planning, but you can use it for more social networks now too!

Vorteile: I absolutely love the whole experience of using Later, from start to finish. I've tried other tools and have ended up circling back to Later every single time. Working with Later is seamless from the app on my iPhone to the web interface. It makes it really easy to plan my Instagram feed, and I know I'm not even using it to the absolute max it could be! I feel like I've just scratched the surface and know there's so much more I could be using this tool for. :)

Nachteile: I find it a lot harder to plan my feed from the app on my phone - it's not quite as intuitive as I feel that it could be. That said, I prefer to do most of the planning from the web interface anyway and use the phone app for reminders to post, and to also add more media to my Later media library.

Managing our social media accounts has never been easier

Bewertet am 15.5.2019
Tyler S.
Media Manager
Automotive, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've used Later for just over a year. Instead of worrying about what to post each day, I will typically schedule posts once a week for the next two weeks or more. It will auto-post and I simply have to check for and respond to comments. It saves so much time and headaches, especially when travelling. I can not do my job without Later, anymore.

Vorteile: I love how frequently this software is updated and how transparent they are with updates and feature requests. This is the first software I've used where feature requests actually get turned into actual features in a timely manner. Occasionally a feature is modified or removed due to the changing API of the social platform itself and Later does it's best to inform their users of the change well ahead of it taking place and suggests workarounds or implements new features to help ease the transition. If I have any complaints about a feature it is a limitation of the API and not Later.

Nachteile: Any limitations in Later are due to the social platforms themselves, limiting what Later can or cannot allow its users to do.

Their Support Team is Terrible

Bewertet am 24.7.2019
Lucy S.
Owner of LVS Digital Marketing

Kommentare: While their software is good, it does not outweigh the fact that I am losing clients because they can't be bothered to respond to my emails or chats.

Vorteile: I really like Later's easy to use features. It's very good for visually scheduling Instagram posts.

Nachteile: I have been emailing them for over 72 hours trying to add two new Instagram profiles to my account. I've sent multiple emails & chats with no response. It's extremely upsetting that they're are causing turmoil in my on-boarding process especially when I am trying to pay them more money. If they're going to take 48-72 hours to get back to paying customers, please just allow us to automatically add new accounts on our end.

More a scheduling app that anything else

Bewertet am 19.9.2019
Laura P.
Production Coordinator
Medienproduktion, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I think it's a good tool to schedule posts os stories that you have previously designed and edited. It'd not very helpful when it comes to tag or mention a large number of people which is quite important if you collaborate with lots of different teams and accounts in your business.
Overall, it'd be more helpful if the usability was a bit more similar to what you find on Instagram, however I guess it's just a question of getting used to it (although the predictive keyboard would be a great help).

Vorteile: Later is quite useful to have an idea of what your progression is in terms on followers and reactions.
What I like the most about it is the preview option that lets you have a better idea of how your posts would look like . There aren't many other apps that offer you such a useful view.
Obviously we also like the fact that lets you schedule all your posts and in general is very intuitive and easy to use. I like how it relays on visual structures to plan your feed.
It doesn't overcomplicate things which is very handy.
Customer service is also really good.

Nachteile: All the analytics part of it is really helpful. However, I think it would improve if it could give more details about the overall engagement of our profile. This means it would be great if we could have graphics that sum up all the reactions ( reactions for our stories, posts and clicks on our link all together).
One thing I would also improve is to allow the option of uploading more than one still per post. At the moment every time we want to post a few pictures together we need to do it through out phone.
I'd also add predictive text when it comes to tag or mention any of our contacts (at the moment you have to enter the full name of everyone, an it takes way longer than doing it though Instagram, specially when you need to tag a lot of people).
I'd also like to have the option for adding text to our stories. At the moment Lates lets you crop or apply filters to your stories but it doesn't let you add text or gifs as you would do directly on Instagram.

Organize and schedule your social media posts in advance

Bewertet am 11.4.2018
Fraser C.
Founder and Publisher of Universe Today

Kommentare: It allows us to let a different guest astrophotographer post photos to our Instagram every day without a lot of work. An incredibly valuable tool that we totally rely on.

Vorteile: We let a different astrophotographer "take over" our Instagram account every day and post three of their pictures to our audience. Later makes this incredibly easy for astrophotographers to queue up their pictures (each of which is interacting with Later for the first time), but still gives us control over making sure they're good quality before we post them.

Nachteile: They have similar functionality for Twitter and Facebook but it's automatically, so it doesn't serve the same purpose for us.

Love Later!

Bewertet am 26.11.2019
Mj N.
creator
Bekleidung & Mode, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Was looking for an IG scheduling app and this is the first I tried -- and I love it. So handy and easy to use. Love that I can use my computer and not a phone to post. But it is also accessible via phone so a win-win. I feel much more organized using Later.

Vorteile: I just started using later about 6 months ago to schedule my IG posts. It's so much easier using my laptop to compose and post IG posts than a phone! I love how I can upload a bunch of posts into the library and have them ready, and schedule them out for days. Also love that I can post to IG and FB at the same time! Keep tags in a little library, too, and can paste them in as needed. So handy!

Nachteile: I know I can't complain about a free version but I do with I could schedule videos and multiple images. That's about the only shortfall for me so far. But that's on me. It was really done everything I've needed so far.

To Be Strongly Considered Business Instagram App/Service

Bewertet am 8.1.2019
Bruce W.
Learning Development Consultant
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Using Later.com allows me to "batch" work around creating IG posts. It provides easy to use tools to store and edit photos, create captions, and calendar future posts. The analytics available to a business through Later enable us to refine our posts and has led to a sustained increase in our posts' engagement. The company consistently provides articles and media content that keeps users abreast of Instagram changes and suggests strategies to improve results. Over the past year of use, Later has improved the product and the usefulness of the service to our business on a monthly basis.

Vorteile: It is designed to create, schedule, and publish Instagram content Strong, analytic feedback, available on business plans Excellent and growing library of training videos and articles to enhance business through the use of Instagram

Nachteile: Chat support is emailed based and sometimes there can be two day delays in receiving a response

Later Used for Posting to Instagram

Bewertet am 24.1.2019
Kaylee D.
Editorial Associate
Konsumgüter, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: My company has been using Later.com to post to Instagram. The ability to preview the feed is extremely helpful for planning content and allows for a gorgeous profile view of your content. Additionally, Later comes with the "link in bio" feature, which allows for us to send users to various posts.

Nachteile: Using Later from a phone can be difficult, especially if you want to reschedule a post after you have already received the notification that it was supposed to be published.

It's great for casual users. It's terrible if you manage more than a few accounts.

Bewertet am 11.9.2018
Diana F.

Kommentare: Terrible.

Vorteile: Easy to use and easy to stay organized.

Nachteile: ​Customer service is terrible. The platform is full of bugs - had to report them every other week. After sending them several emails reporting the bugs, I suggested an improvement to the app (a fix to posting time - every time you edit a future post, the posting time automatically sets to current time which is very annoying because most of the time I want to move it a few days/hours/minutes, but then I forget when I originally scheduled it, so I have to cancel and to check original post time to go back again and edit it - I suggested not to move the time to current time because there's a button to post "NOW" so the time automatically moving to current was very annoying) They just brushed me off and told me to go write that suggestion on a forum and "let the people decide" if it was worth the fix. I mean I already report your bugs every other week, don't ask me to take more of my time to go to a different forum to suggest it. It was a legit improvement. I'm not even going to go and explain the countless of emails I have to send to upgrade my account because apparently, you can only do it the SECOND you are ready not even a day before, but the SECOND you are ready. So, I did so (after already a few emails telling them I would need it in a few days) well, they take a day and a half (I'm still waiting) to upgrade, while I have a deadline tomorrow. But they couldn't upgrade the account when I asked a few days ago.

When clients ask for a scheduling platform, I always choose the Later app!

Bewertet am 18.10.2018
Stanisa K.
Designer
Design, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The best link customization for your Instagram and also the easiest scheduling platform. I would always use the paid version because there is so much to gain!

Vorteile: I LOVE how you can customize post for each platform and you don't have to schedule everything again for each account if you want to change the text or the graphic. I love the custom link you get when you use it for you Instagram. It's so useful and the analytics are great as well.

Nachteile: I use it daily still and didn't have any problem so far!

Keeping my Timeline Scheduled & Lively!

Bewertet am 9.10.2017
Ashley M.
CRM Administrator
Eventservice

Kommentare: Being able to schedule my posts that I wish to make across all platforms without stopping my day to day business.

Vorteile: I am not big on social media and have a busy life. Later helps me keep organized and schedule posts ahead of time so that I don't have to think about it during my day to day activities. Being able to use their mobile app to post the posts from anywhere is also a big help as sometimes I am not home and need a reminder that it is time to post my scheduled media.

Great for social media planning

Bewertet am 15.10.2019
Celena D.
Graphic Designer
E-Learning, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Later is helping us to bridge the gap between departments and maintain an overall aesthetic when it comes to social media feeds.

Vorteile: The visual preview of your feed is the most helpful feature for designers who work in teams with marketing and advertising team members. The ability to share the preview with someone who doesn't have a Later account is very appreciated when you don't want to purchase more seats on your plan. Also love that it imports your analytics which is great for sharing between employees who don't have direct access to the IG account.

Nachteile: If you are adding multiple accounts, you can't see all the accounts together on the timeline (as far as I can tell). You have to manually switch between socials to see their specific calendars. Not super helpful when you're scheduling posts across different accounts. Also, have not figured out how to customize the title for a post planned for Pinterest (can only edit the comment)

Plan Your Awesome Content

Bewertet am 11.11.2018
Jake N.
Freelance Writer
Onlinemedien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Merely posting good content isn't enough. It needs to be planned and managed in a way that entertains and achieves overall business objectives. This requires careful attention to the structure of your Instagram feed and not just dumping photos in there carelessly. Later allows us to plan our content in the app with a visualization tool and see how our Instagram grid will eventaully look. Now, many apps do the same kind of things that Later does. But Later does it all better. One particularly awesome feature of Later, and a reason why I'm essentially now a promoter of their software, is their amazing blog that teaches users how to get the most from their software and from Instagram.

Nachteile: The software was particularly confusing for the first couple of sessions. It wasn't as simple as I would have liked at first. Eventually, we got the hang of it.

easy to use auto-publishing app for instagram

Bewertet am 31.8.2019
Julia D.
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I set time aside once per month and just plan my posts for the whole month: this way I make sure my feed is regularly updated, I can also think of a monthly strategy regarding what I want to post and what subjects I want to cover in my captions. And as it is part of my marketing strategy: i can just tick it of my to-do list for the month.

Vorteile: Great for auto-publishing posts on instagram and facebook especially if you need to manage more than one account. Find it particularly handy that you can save hashtag captions, saves a lot of time, also helps work around the instagram algorithms that ignores your photo if you post the hashtags in the same order for every photo you publish. The scheduling is pretty straight forward: just drag the photo in the time slot where you want it published, write caption, add hashtags (the paid versions comes with suggestions for hashtags), tag people. Also the Later newsletter is fully of interesting useful information for any business that relies on instagram as part of their marketing strategy.

Nachteile: So far I am satisfied with the use of Later.

Easy to use, great for teams

Bewertet am 16.8.2018
Marketing Specialist
Automotive, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: One thing I really like about Later is how easy the interface is to use. Also, it's great for teams. The photographer on our team can easily upload pictures into the media library, where I can easily access to use for Instagram posts. Also, I love the search and repost feature. Definitely would recommend Later to social media professionals!

Nachteile: I would like to have a little bit more extensive analytics. In particular, I would find an analytic that reviews hashtag performance very helpful. However, not many social media scheduling programs that I have used actually have this feature. Other than that I am very happy with what Later has to offer.

Tons of features!

Bewertet am 12.9.2019
Kayla S.
Social Media and Digital Marketing Specialist

Kommentare: Overall, I do really enjoy Later. I think it's appropriately priced and has great features that many other scheduling apps don't. Most important of all - it allows you to schedule Instagram stories which is VERY important nowadays in social media marketing.

Vorteile: I love that it allows you to post on Instagram stories, which is why I initially purchased a paid plan.

Nachteile: It's a bit tricky to use and not the most user-friendly. I haven't been able to dive too deep into the tutorials but I hope to have time soon enough.

Overall good tool, but posting needs improving

Bewertet am 6.8.2019
Izabela K.
Marketing Director

Vorteile: - ease of use
- value for money
- good analytics
- can add location on Instagram posts
- can schedule Instagram stories
- the link in bio feature is very very helpful
- I like that you can save captions and hashtags within the tool

Nachteile: - whenever Instagram has any bugs or crashes it's very difficult to reschedule posts, it keeps showing me errors, and there is no option to post it now, so I have to go through my phone and post it manually just so I can get the posts out, and I get this very often which is a great put off, considering I'm using the schedule tool to cut time spent posting...apart from that, I really like it.