Remote Desktop Manager

Remote Desktop Manager Bewertungen

von Devolutions

Great RDP Management tool that grew into anything PAM solution.

Bewertet am 18.11.2019
Brent Q.
Networking & Infrastructure Consultant

Kommentare: Multiple users at multiple locations all who have the keys to various client systems and need to insure that we can all access them (subject to restrictions the admin places) and if one gets updated by a consultant that the change is captured and documented. Beside the automatic sharing of an update, if something stops working you can see who modified the entry and check why it is not working. If change was a mistake you simply roll the change back via the history feature. I had someone delete 200+ entries by mistake and five minutes later they were back.

Vorteile: It has a very rich set of features and capabilities for connection to systems needed to manage both internal systems and devices. More importantly client VPNs, credentials, connections, various other key details, and PowerShell scripts to enable a multiplier effect for my efforts to the entire organization. If I get one thing working for me, by adding it to RDM it is available for all users (if allowed) in my company. This leads to the next most favorite, granular controls over almost every aspect (if you choose) of the information stored in the system.

Nachteile: It does not handle moving from one network state to another gracefully. Meaning when running one VPN session and it ends, you might find yourself disconnected from the Management Server and if you were not offline, it clears your entries till you reconnect. This reconnect is easy but manual so it can be an issue.

Operate your PC from Miles away

Bewertet am 10.5.2019
Joseph N.
Professional Freelancer
Schreiben & Editieren, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It is a golden tool for remote control. A tool that takes over most of the human worries regarding access to documents.

Vorteile: The Remote Desktop Manager (RDM) is a must-have tool for anyone heading or operating a big organization with multiple users who need access to the company's information, yet with care to maintain privacy and security of the information.
One of the major advantages of using the RDM, as I have encountered in my organization, is that this app lets the user operate their PC from remote locations, while the passwords are still secure. If the company has more than one person who needs to access the main computer, they can do so with the help of the RDM, without the company head worrying about the security of the documents...
Further, the software eradicates the need for keeping so many passwords in the admin's closets, for with RDM, the system can securely manage the passwords on behalf of the IT department or the company head.
Not to forget, this software is very efficient in time and space, since no one needs to walk to the main computer to get access to files stored in it. They all can access them from wherever they are with RDM.
Finally, the software is very easy to install and set up, and may not require expert skills to operate. The users can easily set up the system with just minimal help.
Not to forget however, the app is fairly cost-effective, unlike the traditional remote access software.

Nachteile: The software, however, is demanding in processor and system capacity; to serve several devices remotely, controlling and governing access to each of them, the system must be of high processing and speed capacity. As such, the software may not be used on small computers.

Allows our remote IT support to access our office computers

Bewertet am 4.1.2020
Dave R.
Operations Manager
Hausmeisterservice, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Having this software allows us to receive support quickly from our in-house personnel, even though they are in a different office.

Vorteile: Our IT support team is in a different physical office, so when we need IT support, Remote Desktop Manager allows remote assistance in a straightforward and simple solution.

Nachteile: The user interface is fairly complicated and required our IT personnel to configure the software on initial installation.

I don't like this sw at all, sorry

Bewertet am 23.9.2019
Senior System Engineer

Kommentare: I'm using this sw from years and I'm totally not sadisfied. Too slow, too complex, and buggy. At least they needs to have 2 interfaces, one advanced and one lite with 10% of the options. they also needs to have a better quality check on the sw because it's usually buggy (or at least insert LTS version , so a user could update 2 or 3 times per month and other if they like will keep all the updates).

Vorteile: Full of functionality and features. If you think about a vpn, a remote connections this software has the plugin to automate the process. It's also secure because data are centrally stored with rbac config.

Nachteile: Well.... to heavy , this sw is always slow. I've changed my laptop with a new one with i7 and ssd with 32gb of ram and it's still slow!
It's buggy... i usually skip some version because they add whatever plugin or functionality you probably never use because you will not be able to find it and they broke something you are using.
The ui is confusing, too many options available.

Best IT-based tool I have ever purchased.

Bewertet am 23.12.2019
Cary W.
Director, Global Engineering Cloud & Automation Services
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Because of its interface and capabilities, I have literally saved hours and hours of time every year since I started using it. I can't imagine doing my job without it any more.

Vorteile: Far too many to list. But list toppers are it's ability to integrate with LastPass, cloud-based database, and its UI configuration capability. It's hard to find anything that you'd want RDM to be able to do that isn't already in there!

Nachteile: I know when people love something and can't find fault, that they'll usually say the cost. I won't even do that, because it is worth every penny!!!

Managed config-once remote access

Bewertet am 29.10.2019
IT Systems Admin
Bildungsmanagement, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It is a bit of setup, but honestly not much more than one person would do anyway... save your team a *lot* of effort and do get this set up *just once*.

Vorteile: The team-accessible database of connections is amazing. I can't tell you home many businesses I've seen get this wrong--every IT person using they're own solutions... so much wasted time and effort. Here we can get a new guy set up in about 10 minutes and he has easy access to servers/switches/aps with a simple search.

Nachteile: I don't have a feature I don't like about this, so the only thing to say is... gee, it could be cheaper.

One point to manage all

Bewertet am 10.12.2019
Integration Architect
Computer-Software, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have work with the solution for more than four years and our experience is good.

Vorteile: It is easy to use.
You can share your connections with the team.
You can set the default manner to connect with the servers (credentials, screen settings, etc.) and reuse these in the rest of the connections.
You can create different server groups and add the servers below these to organize the connections.

Nachteile: The solution has not the possibility to connect with Linux/Unix systems using terminal connections or whatever.

Awesome way to remote into a PC

Bewertet am 10.12.2019
Sean M.
Design, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We always had to review a customers systems for upgrades and for processing help so this made it so simple

Vorteile: We use this daily to remote into a PC so we can quickly check on a customers system and either review errors or try to recreate something on their environment

Nachteile: We never had issues with RDM it always so easy for us to use. The only issues we ever had were related to the VPN tunnel we needed to go through.

Most reliable

Bewertet am 8.12.2019
Benjamin D.
IT Support

Kommentare: Overall, this product makes its possible to fully assist clients from a remote location.

Vorteile: This is the easiest program to use when it comes to remotely controlling clients computers. Most imporatnt it is easy for the client to follow the directions on their end.

Nachteile: Sensitive to certain internet connections. Seems to need full bars on both ends to achieve a successful connection.

makes for an easy fix

Bewertet am 31.10.2019
Mindy K.
Special Education Teacher
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have really enjoyed being able to watch my problems be solved by someone miles and miles away. It's helpful to have an easy solution, and it's a great learning experience.

Vorteile: I like to think that I am able to troubleshoot most of my own tech problems. Unfortunately, I get stuck from time to time. Remote Desktop Manager lets me call on my friends who have more techie brains than I do. We can connect, they can take over my computer, and I can watch my problem be solved. It's a great!

Nachteile: It is a little disconcerting that someone else can get to all of my files, but I have to grant them permission, so it's really not a security issue.

Holy Grail of Remote Desktop Software

Bewertet am 22.8.2018
Iva O.
System Administrator, 911 Dispatcher, Lead Fire Trainer
Staatsverwaltung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I came across Remote Desktop Manager in my search to find a better solution to what was becoming a time intensive process of updating, managing and remoting into what was growing to be a substantially large number of various types of connections. After testing several different remote management platforms with great disappointment, I finally found Remote Desktop Manager and have never looked back. I have been using it for over 5 years now. Not only do I use it to manage all my connections but I can use it in a well laid out platform.

Vorteile: I can quite literally remote into a crazy amount of connection environments all within under a minute if I want to as well as a specific connection environment along with its specific VPN connection dynamically if I want without having to connect to that groups VPN first. Remoting like a boss isn’t the only plus to their platform. They have an extensive amount of tool sets one can use within each connection environment to use such as macros, scripts, management tools, command line tools, sub connections, logs and many others. The list of additional functionality is greater than one would be able to leave in a review.

Nachteile: The only cons I have come across over the years were there were a few times I found the version for Mac OS to be a little buggy but that was resolved timely and it didn’t affect the actual functionality of the software. Also, some of the macro and script help documentation could have been a little more detailed. However, the help documentation pertaining to this could have very well been updated since the time I needed further clarification which was when I first started using it. I have not needed to use it since that time now that I understand how to configure the macros and scripts within the software.

I've loved RDM since the first day I installed it!

Bewertet am 29.6.2016
Ben L.
Systems Engineer
Medienproduktion, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I started using the free version of RDM many years ago. I was looking for something to manage my RDP connections in one place. When I found RDM and say all it could do, I immediately installed it and began using it! Soon afterwards, I upgraded to the enterprise version and now can never look back!

Vorteile: Based on the name, you'd think this is a tool just for Microsoft RDP, but you'd be very wrong! It can do SOOOO much more! I love that I can manage my RDP connections, along with SSH & VNC connections as well. I can have links to websites that I frequent and auto login using credentials in the repository. I have my vSphere client connections as well as vSphere Remote Console sessions as well. I have connections to my AWS EC2 accounts as well as S3 buckets as well. I also love the "keep tab on disconnect" feature! As an engineer, I'm constantly rebooting servers to troubleshoot issues, build new ones, etc. This is a huge time saver for me.

Nachteile: I haven't found any cons for the tool yet. I do have some coworkers that use the tool as well and the biggest complaint I hear from them is, "ANOTHER upgrade?" They complain that new versions come out too often. I see that as a plus not a con, but everyone's different!

von Devolutions an 29.6.2016

Thank you so much for your support Ben!

Remote Desktop Manger the remote session app that does everything except carry the kitchen sink.

Bewertet am 5.9.2019
John K.
IT Consultant
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Ever since I discovered Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager around 3 years ago ive not looked at any alternatives since as ive not had too and to add to that Devolutions are improving it all the time with new releases nearly every month which expands the feature list further as well as fixing bugs and like. Really you need to trial it to understand how much its way beyond most of the competition remote session managers and ive not even come close to utilising RDM 100%.

Vorteile: For me the main draw of Devolutions Remote Desktop Manger is the sure depth of its feature list and supported apps and services it can work with, its not just for managing RDP sessions. Ive been able to add sessions, credentials, links, syncronisers the list goes on so its like a multi tool for the IT admin.

Nachteile: The only down side for myself who is an IT freelance was the cost of the enterprise edition. I wasnt able to afford it for a long time so had to make do with the free edition but that still did everything i needed it to do as a daily driver app.

System Administration Streamlined

Bewertet am 28.6.2016
Frank M.
VP

Kommentare: In January 2016, our company, Holland Computers, Inc. was selected for a case study using Remote Desktop Manager. This is a product that I strongly believe in. Rarely does a tool come along that becomes your entire toolbox. In the course of doing my daily work, I have to make hundreds of connections to remote servers, manage those servers, databases, web sites, application servers and developers. RDM gives me a centralized, single pane of glass from which to do all of it. I can store passwords using my favorite password manager, Keepass, write and assign scripts, manage services, and build custom connections to every device, server and workstation I manage. The best part is that my entire team can use this and we don't have to keep redundant information in multiple places. Now, we can collaborate as a team, updating and sharing tools and connections in a way that makes all more efficient! Get your copy here: http://devolutions.net/ref/545020

Vorteile: Efficiency. It brings all of my systems into a single pane of glass. I also enjoy the numerous connection types that allow me to completely customize the product for my teams use.

Nachteile: I've been using this product for 2 years. I have yet to find a limitation...

Best program to manage multiple remote connections using different protocols.

Bewertet am 17.1.2018
Alexander B.
Administrator
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Makes an admins life much easier - every single day!

Vorteile: - Ease of use
- User license (If you work for multiple companies, you only have to buy one licence)
- Even without an active subscription RDM can be used for many years
- Plugins available for nearly every remote management protocol one could think of
- Plugins for 3rd party programms like Browsers and Password Managers
- Awesome automatism possibilities
- Ability to run own scripts (e.g. Powershell) against remote servers
- Centralized connection management
- Great security management
- Roles for centralized connection managment
- Ability to use cloud or on premise
- Even standalone many possibilities to secure connection credentials (like local KeePass)
- Stable
- Fast and helpful support
- Clean interface using ribbons
- Good licensing model
- Fast bugfixes
- New features
- Assesment management

No work day without Remote Desktop Manager!

Bewertet am 22.7.2018
Information Technology Consultant

Kommentare: saves a lot of time, the search for passwords finally belongs to the past - a centrally repository and the changes are in seconds on all clients available - also perfect is the offline mode! Also, if you on the way, you can use one of the mobile apps to get access fast and secure (supports also the offline mode!)

Vorteile: -) Team Management
-) Security Role Based
-) Centralized Password Management with granular security
-) Many VPN Add-Ons
-) Web Browser Integration (Devolutions Web Login)
-) Available on Android & iOS
-) Centralized Templates
-) Features like open VPN automatically if ping fails!
-) Support the import from many other programs
-) Subconnections
-) To-dos with reminder feature
-) Documentation section
-) Support variables
-) Last but not least - the Support!

Nachteile: I've been using this product for 3+ years now so - hard to believe but at the moment there are no criticisms.

Remote Desktop Manager

Bewertet am 19.11.2019
Katie M.
Applications Developer
Automotive, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, Remote Desktop Manager has helped us as an IT department become a lot more organized in our server listings, connections, and login information. It is a robust tool that we have only scratched the surface with using but has helped us immensely anyways.

Vorteile: Remote Desktop Manager is a great comprehensive tool that our IT department uses on a daily basis to connect to our network servers and store login information. These are the most helpful features for us and are very easy to use while also having enough security and steps to prevent mistakes.

Nachteile: My only complaint with the software is that upon launch, my computer freezes up for a few seconds while the launch animation occurs. This has happened on a handful of different computers. With that said, this is a minor complaint and does not detract from the usefulness of the program.

Remote Desktop Manager - Most Helpful Software in Day-to-day

Bewertet am 16.4.2019
William B.
Assistant Technology Coordinator
Bildungsmanagement, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I truly recommend this software. It has changed the way that I do my job every day. It is free, so I think anyone who works in IT and has to manage a bunch of systems should give it a quick go.

Vorteile: I can genuinely say that RDM is my favorite program for my work as it simplifies everything ten-fold. No longer do I need to remember IP addresses and logins - RDM does it all for me. In addition to that, it allows me to complete all of my work within a single window. Now I don't need 4 Chrome tabs open, 3 RDC windows open, and a couple Putty sessions. In addition, the free version lets you do almost everything that the paid version does. The community surrounding this program is growing day-by-day, so support can also only get better.

Nachteile: The only thing I dislike about this program is that there were a couple compatibility issues with the most recent update of Windows (1809). After a quick google search, however, I was able to fix my issues.

Remote Desktop Manager - A brilliant multi-tabbed remote desktop management app

Bewertet am 28.2.2018
IT Manager
51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Easy and quick access to all of my estate. It is easy to setup a remote desktop profile for every machine and a click gets me straight in whenever I want. Each one appears in a separate tab and they can remain open for as long as I need them to.

Vorteile: Remote Desktop Manager seems to do what is does best quite simply, and that is be a very useful way of viewing many remote desktops in a multi-tabbed environment. I am able to view the remote desktops of any PC or server whenever I want. But it doesn't stop there. It also allows other remote connections protocols to be used, such as VNC. I can group machines however I want. So I can have servers in one group, banks of PCs in another etc.

Nachteile: None worth noting. However it does sometimes crash out when a new version is available. But that could be my machine.

Good utility for managing a large collections of servers and VMs

Bewertet am 10.6.2018
Philip E.
Managed Services Engineer
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This software has encouraged our team to operate more efficiently and in a more organized fashion. We manage a worldwide network of customer and partners' machines, both virtual and real. It wouldn't be possible without a tool like this.

Vorteile: Once you have everything configured to your liking it is very easy to jump around to different machines, this is a life saver for any managed services organization. Connections to libraries simplify management, important commands like sending CTR-ALT-DELETE are here, managing a mix of virtual machines and steel boxes is possible and easy to do.

Nachteile: Out of the box you may need to arrange and configured everything to your liking. This can take some time however it is worth doing. If you start out organized, this software can make your like much easier.

It's a centralized solution to have what all what you need to use to work in one place

Bewertet am 1.2.2019
Senior System Engineer

Kommentare: I'm using RDM with a centralized devolution server with my team and we are working correctly , safety and fast from years. We are not looking for data when needed because they are easy to find and use in seconds.

Vorteile: It's a very complete and powerful solution. Inside one product you could store and define all you needs to work with your servers and softwares ! You could configure and store things like : vpn, remote connections RDP, remote SSH session, FPT, username, files, etc. All you could imagine to work with multiple software and server available for your team and with payement option syncronized and subject to user rights .

Nachteile: Complicated... too many options available on every kind of pieces. This software it's not satisfying the KISS mantra at all.

Best Remote Desktop App I've used

Bewertet am 5.4.2018
Owner/Creative Director

Vorteile: I used to love an app (Mac) called CoRD. It beautifully laid out multiple connections in a tabbed layout minimizing the number of windows I had open. However, as the Mac OS evolved the app did not and stopped working with newer versions. I then came across Remote Desktop Manager and it does all of that and much much more. You can create workflows to connect to a VPN first, save specific credentials for different connections, and even setup remote connections for Telnet and SSH to network devices.

Nachteile: Honestly, the only part that's hard to swallow is the price. There is a free version, but it limits the connections you can create. I believe the paid versions is close to $200 for the Enterprise edition.

Better than Apple's own RDP

Bewertet am 4.12.2018
Quinn P.
IT
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I manage about 40+ Mac desktops (iMac and Mac Pro) and several buildings. This remote desktop software is the best, better than Apple's own remote desktop software because I can take over the keyboard and mouse, while the user can actually watch what I am doing, see what's going on the screen :) And best of all: I supports drag and drop copy files. From my screen I just drop the file, for example an installation file onto the screen I'm RDP'ing to, and the file is on its way over there.

Nachteile: Nothing dislike about the functionalities. But I do dislike how they charge for how many licenses you buy. the more, the cheaper. How many desktop support guys do you really thing a company needs?

Remote Desktop Manager is the only tool needed for connecting to any remote machine.

Bewertet am 5.12.2018
Thomas H.
Infrastructure Engineer
Konsumgüter, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, I find it the best, most comprehensive tool for any administrator for maintaining connections to remote machines. It's built in Password Vault and Generator make password management seemless and trivial even while maintaining best practices (including nonsense strings of arbitrary size, rotated regularly, and a different string for each server). And it even supports multifactor authentication mechanisms (though it is limited to only certain MFA Vendors, for now at least).

Vorteile: Multi-protocol support for connecting to any machine.

Nachteile: The complexity. Due to the sheer number of options and alternative ways of accomplishing the same/similar tasks, it can be difficult to determine the correct way to set up a connection. However, once setup properly, it never needs done again for that connection.

Remote Desktop Manager is the best

Bewertet am 24.9.2019
Ron V.
Technical Consultant
Lebensmittelproduktion, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: When I started working for a new firm and found out that they create manual connections to our customers, I knew that this was very inefficient. So I started looking for a program to benefit me, my colleagues and the company. Quickly I found Remote Desktop Manager and started a trial run.
I was quite impressed with what it could so, so I brought in some colleagues to start using it as well.
Also they got very excited. In the meantime the trial period was over, but by contacting Devolutions I got my trial period extended several times without any hastle.
Eventually I conviced our management to buy RDM and implemented RDM company wide. Since then more than 100 colleagues are using it and they found out the strength of RDM.

Vorteile: When I started testing RDM, I received trial keys for as long as I wanted. No limit in time.
Setting up RDM is quite easy, using it even more.

Nachteile: absolutely nothing I don't like about RDM