Über LastPass

Der LastPass-Kennwortmanager hilft Unternehmen, Zeit zu sparen sowie höhere Sicherheit und durchschlagende Prozesseffizienz zu erreichen.

Erfahre mehr über LastPass

It was free and very simple to use. I decided to subscribe to the paid version, and I had some of the best customer service, but some of the premium features fell below my expectations (more below).

If lastpass has an outage, you can't login to any platform and that can ruin your day. You can't put a setting on lastpass that says keep me logged in for the next 4 hours.

Bewertungen zu LastPass

LastPass hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,6 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 2.730 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du LastPass bereits verwendet?

Nutzerbewertungen filtern (2.730)

Carolin
Teamassistenz in Deutschland
Marketing & Werbung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Passwort-Sicherheit in der heutigen Zeit

Kommentare: Insgesamt bin ich sehr begeistert. Man hat alle Links inkl. Daten an einem sicheren Ort gespeichert.

Die Verwendung ist sehr einfach. Ein Klick und man kommt direkt auf die Seite mit bereits ausgefüllten Benutzer und Passwort. Die Freigabe von Passwörtern, Untergruppen, etc. als Administrator zu verwalten ist sehr einfach gestaltet. Durch die übersichtliche Darstellung der Freigaben und Rechten, hat man alles schnell und einfach im Blick.

Oftmals wird nicht auf die Untergruppe geachtet. Zudem sind manche Eingaben fehlerhaft oder unvollständig. Hier gibt es keine Vorgabe an Mindestangaben.

Jake
Jake
Senior Trainer in USA
Medienproduktion, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

LastPass is the Last Password Management Software your Team Needs

Kommentare: LastPass did a phenomenal job of solving the problem that our business previously faced–– sharing passwords with too many people. Every time we shared login information with others, we were facing a potential compromise if freelancers lacked character or their email accounts had been hacked. Thankfully, we never had bad luck. LastPass is a great form of insurance for helping business owners have peace of mind.

LastPass is a fantastic software solution for so many reasons–– My chief use of it is so my team doesn't have to personally know all the various passwords to websites and SAAS solutions our organization uses. Certain users have access to using different sites without knowing what the passwords are. This makes me feel much more secure hiring freelancers. It also really helps to be able to safely give more access to our company resources for colleagues.

With some lower-grade freelancers I hired, they had a harder time figuring out how to use the software to log into websites that I had requested from them. LastPass is not completely foolproof, but it is the best alternative to keeping your login information safe when sharing with workers.

Melle
Melle
Creative Manager in Kanada
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A Great Password Manager for Teams

Kommentare: Overall, I love love love LastPass. They have an incredible free option, and the paid option that we use is just as great (the difference is mostly the number of devices that you can use it on). It does its job and protects all of our passwords and our clients with flawless ease. I would definitely recommend it for anyone looking for a super straightforward way to implement password management into their life or business.

I love the sharing feature, it makes it very simple for us to share passwords with the right members of our team with very little muss or fuss. It's also super easy to use on a computer, just one click and your password is there. It integrates seamlessly into all the browsers we've tried, and the password generator is one click to ultra secured and totally unguessable passwords.

The software's overall greatness is in stark contrast against its mobile performance. The biometrics logins don't work very well at all (leaving you to type a complicated master password with your thumbs). It doesn't always show up as an option with every mobile site or app and often times when it does, it's unusable because it's under the "eye" icon that allows you to reveal the password, which renders it unclickable.

Joseph
Associate in USA
Immobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

7/10 System

4,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

As a pure password management system, it works pretty well at the essentials of what it should do: autofill passwords that I have previously saved. It is nice that it always requests to save new passwords as well.

I have experienced difficulties in sharing passwords through LastPass - they didn't work for me and then it tried to screw everything up by saving the password that didn't work for that login.

Einzelhandel, Selbstständig

It once was a great Password Manager

Kommentare: We've all been there: You've been using the same password for months, only to realize that it was breached in a recent data breach and is no longer secure. Now you have to change your password on several accounts. Most password managers can't help here, since it won't know what all those new passwords are supposed to be. There was a nice feature in Lastpass that helped you change multiple passwords. That was probably their strongest feature, besides the core password management features

A password manager helps you manage all your passwords. Each password is unique and is protected with a master password only you know. That means you can use unique, strong passwords for every account without having to remember them. This is extremely important for accounts with sensitive information like your email or banking account. Lastpass has done a great job up until recently.

I loved using LastPass, and had been using it for over a year. After they changed their pricing model to pay for a subscription I decided to see if there were any other great password managers out there. I'm not against paying for services, but I don't like how they pulled the rug out of everyone who relied on the free version, where they get so used to the software as apart of their daily life, that it forces many to just pay the fee (many of whom would likely have never signed up in the first place if it were not free). So to me, it feels like a bait and switch, where they had this planned all along. So it's the principle for me. The smarter way (to strengthen, and not harm their brand), would have been to all along offer a freemium version and offer other extra features that a small percentage of all users are willing to pay for. Essentially they trapped people into using the free version, and are forcing people to pay to now use on multiple devices. It feels shady and left a bad taste in my mouth towards their software and brand. I've decided to look more into Mozillas free password manager. There are also those from the likes of Google's and Apple's built in password managers. After testing other products, I believe google or mozilla are the way to go, since apples is too proprietary (*they are a closed ecosystem - you can't as easily use cross platform and on other browsers)

Lamia
Director in UK
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Effective but reputation is a worry

Kommentare: overall good although I have been told that some of our data did make it into the dark web!

The ease of use and pop up support to help manage a large number of passwords in a business

The reputation of leaks and hacks in the press

Patrick
Patrick
Small Business Owner in USA
Immobilien, Selbstständig

Excellent password and profile management

Kommentare: I've had this manager for 5+ years and I absolutely love it. The one thing I would add is the ability to search the vault for logins with duplicate passwords.

It just works. With hundreds of passwords, some infrequently used, a manager is a must in today's world. The browser plugin easily recognizes your credentials for the site you're on, and gives you the option of multiple logins on a dropdown list. Simple.

At times the drop down list is unreadable making it difficult to identify which credential you need. This mostly happens on mobile. Some websites do not allow autofill, but that's not LastPass's fault.

Brian
Brian
Graduate Student (MBA) in USA
Hochschulbildung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Secure your online presence with LastPass

Kommentare: What is LastPass?
The simple answer is LastPass saves your passwords to the cloud, secured by your individual login user ID and a Master Password. Setting it up is painless, merely follow the prompts at LastPass.com and you will quickly be on your way. Make sure you follow the instructions for adding LastPass to your favorite browser, and add it to the browser you use on every computer you use. When you get the extension added, click on it and log yourself in, and voila you have access to your saved passwords vault in the cloud. Now, every time you go to a site you use, the first time you visit and login, it will recognize the user ID and password you used, and ask you if you want to save it to your vault. Change your password? No problem! Upon successfull login, LastPass will catch that you have entered a new password and ask you if you want to update your saved password. As the user ID and password is saved to your own private vault in the cloud, you now have that password to access the site again, from anywhere, meaning you don't have to remember it anymore or worse, write it down. Very useful for sites that require frequent password changes and sites that have odd password requirement. Removes the burden of micromanaging staff password choices by your IT department - they will thank you! Multiple logins for a site is supported, it includes a robust, easy to use form fill feature, and it offers to generate on its own super-secure passwords for use as well.

Available everywhere, LastPass is offered as standalone desktop software, and much more importantly, as a browser extension. Even iOS and Android have LastPass available as an app, with Android offering integration throughout most apps on your mobile device.

For personal use, I shy away from subscription-based software. I'd rather pay once and get to use it. Luckily LastPass for personal use can be used for free. For a business, the subscription however pays for itself in terms of productivity gains and reducing headaches and trouble tickets for your IT staff.

James
James
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

My favorite password management app!

Kommentare: Overall, I've loved using Lastpass to store all of my work passwords as well as all of my passwords and secure information for my personal life and family. It's made it so much easier to use safe, one-time passwords for each login, instead of one login that gets used everywhere.

I love how easy it is to use. I love the auto-fill icons that appear on login screens and the "Generate a Password" feature that makes it so incredibly simple to create and use very secure, completely unique passwords for each of my accounts.

It can seem a little difficult to learn for new users, especially if you don't have a background in tech/computer security. The password resetting process is also really inconvenient and difficult, but I suppose maybe that is by design.

Hoang
Hoang
Co-Founder in Vietnam
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great way to share passwords with other team members

Kommentare: Crucial tool for sharing and secure your passwords

Lastpass eliminates the needs to manually share and save passwords. The password shared folder makes it very easy to share logins without showing the passwords to other users.

Sometimes the Chrome extension can be slow. Lastpass on Android requires enabling permissions every time the autofill feature is used.

Ian
Prevent Manager in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Secure Password Management

Kommentare: LastPass has made us more efficient with single-sign on. Our users are able to authenticate quickly and get into the application they are trying to logon to. The support staff has been very helpful and it was easy to get our account setup.

We really like how LastPass securely stores our passwords so we do not have to remember each one for all the applications we use. The integrations with multi-factor authentication has helped us meet SOC compliance requirements. The way we are able to add and access our passwords has been extremely helpful.

It is somewhat of a security nightmare if there was a hacker who got a hold of someone's LastPass account, as they would have quick access to their programs. The reliance on the user to keep it secure has been a concern for us.

Medienproduktion, Selbstständig

Seamless and and organizational life saver

Kommentare: I was hopelessly lost with endless spreadsheets and worried about keeping data secure. I found LastPass, utilized groups and autofill, and haven't looked back.

My life is so much more organized, and logins kept secure and randomized. I never worry or stress about keeping track of the many passwords in my life - they are all random bits of data now. From the mobile app to desktop, Groups, Shares without passwords,

Sometimes the mobile app stops filling and I have to re-enable accessibility options on android, the the fill window won't let me properly paste in info.

Rick
Director of Photography in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

LastPass - It was nice while it lasted

Kommentare: I've used LastPass for years but the pricing update makes it less appealing for my needs. It just feels weird to pay for something that has nothing new to offer at this point.

I'll be honest. I liked that it was accessible across all devices for free. I could share passwords with other users on the free tier. I like that extension functionality

The fact that they've changed their pricing structure and are now making you choose between mobile or desktop if you want to keep it free. I've started to migrate back to apple password manager.

Alhassan
Research Coordinator in Ghana
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

With LastPass, I no longer have to keep one password across all products and services I access

Kommentare: I no longer had to keep requesting for password changes from service providers because I simply couldn't remember what the last one was. And also Lastpass helped me rid of a lot of bad practices like sending unencrypted emails to myself with passwords, or keeping the same passwords across multiple products and services.

Generating passwords can be very frustrating -- my choices were either too weak (and got rejected) or too complicated to remember easily without needing to note it down somewhere. To solve this problem, I would typically come up with one password every year and use it across all tools I use. And this was very risky, because once someone found it out, they could access every single thing I used. With Lastpass' robust password generator, I no longer have to worry about that. I am able to generate unique and strong passwords for each service and safely tuck it away without needing to keep it in memory.

I wonder if there could be a system where we could create baskets of associated passwords within the general vault. This would be useful in situations where I needed someone to do some work on some work tools that required password access. I could then give them access to the general vault and the specific basket with the tools they would be using.

Julia
Project Manager in USA
Verbraucherdienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Excellent Password Manager-Easy to Use

Kommentare: Overall, LastPass keeps my passwords secure and has a great autofill. It also is helpful to see where you are reusing passwords or have weak passwords.

LastPass is very easy to use and has a great app and desktop experience. I have used a few other softwares, but LastPass seems to have the best interface with mobile and desktop. The autofill on mobile and desktop is very useful and works most of the time.

When the app gets logged out on desktop or mobile, it can be frustrating when the autofill will not work. It also used to be free for several devices, but they now charge for this feature.

Eugenie
graphic design in Kanada
Grafikdesign, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A very good and easy password manager storing system online

Kommentare: Reasonably good pricing plans for business, single users or families. Features i love are the NOTES, the notes are really important for me since I use them a lot for any type of passwords that are not used with your computer, example: your alarm system or your school locks or anything else.

I use LastPass Business everywhere, on my desktop, my phone and all my browsers. It is very easy to use and very practical. The Strong password suggestions is very useful.

Sharing issues I’ve had some issues with the Family sharing in the past where a family member shared a few passwords, I accidently deleted all his shared passwords in my family sharing center and that person that had shared the password just lost all his original shared passwords (from his lastpass account. I have not had this issue with the Business, but I will make test just to make sure this doesn’t happen again. Hard to get prices with the business plans.

Unterhaltung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Easy and seemless

The LastPass app and browser plugins work seemlessly together across whatever device I'm using. On mobile, it allows for app passwords, not only websites.

Sometimes the Android app stops running in the background or loses its permissions. Not sure if it's an Android issue or a LastPass app issue.

Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

I cannot recommend LastPass enough - it has revolutionised my life

Kommentare: I honestly don't think I could survive now without LastPass. I have experienced no major issues, support are very quick to respond and the assistance provided is extremely accurate.

LastPass security is extremely high as you would expect off a company that provides a secure password service. Before I used LastPass I maintained an encrypted excel document with my various passwords, some hadn't been changed for years and lacked complexity. When they were all entered into LastPass it it automatically scored them, suggested which ones needed changing, and best of all, generated secure string passwords of 48 characters, random upper & lowercase letters, numbers, and special characters. All of my accounts now have extremely long secure passwords that I do not need to remember as I just have to remember my pass phrase that logs me into LastPass and they do the rest for me. From an administrators point of view LastPass Enterprise allows the sharing of admin passwords, access of which can be restricted by Access Control Lists. This has greatly improved the reliability of admin passwords that we store. Finally searching for the passwords is extremely easy - on web pages it automatically triggers if the URL has been set up, and when manually searching simply type the name of the program/account and it will filter the list.

The only issue I have had with LastPass is that the browser extension, when first installed, does not have a time out function. This needs to be manually set. As such inexperienced users may well end up leaving their passwords very insecure. My suggestion would be to include a "set up" introduction where the default option of a 5 minute inactivity logout could be modified to however the user desires it. This would ideally need to be done before the browser extension becomes fully live.

Quentin
Quentin
Data Integration Specialist in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Feel secure with your passwords and identity

Kommentare: Overall I couldn't do internet life without it! From Banks, work sites to free account sites, I need a vault for all of these passwords. LastPass does that.

Keeping unique passwords safe is no longer a concern with LastPass. Now I feel comfortable using complex passwords and know I've not used that password for other sites. Also having it automatically populate the username/password on most internet sites is really nice. LastPass also provides a password check to go through all your passwords and tell you how many are old, been compromised (publicly known hacked sites), used on multiple sites, etc. That helps you when you get a notice that an email/password combination for one site was compromised. Change for that one site, verify what other sites use that password too (shouldn't but we do, right) and change to be more secure and prevent hackers getting into your sites, stealing identity, etc.

Not being able to log into lastpass for free on both mobile and desktop. I understand the company need to make money. Searching through many passwords saved can be hard at times but overall can find what you are looking for. Haven't seen new features for awhile so maybe something being worked on in the backend of the software?

Favio
Internal Sales Representative in Nicaragua
Immobilien, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

All your passwords secured and easy to access

Kommentare: In general, Lastpass it's a GREAT app, has it all, secure storage of my sensitive data, password generation, easy to fill out the info in every app or site I use on a daily basis, can access my password from anywhere, and, best of all, I only need to remember 1 Master Password.

I really like how easy is to access all my passwords with just a few clicks, no need to remember them, and can set up a different one for each site or app I use every day, also, I don't waste any time creating a new one using the "generate secure password" option, allowing me to comply with any password requirement, and, with the Premium Plan, now I have unlimited access from any computer or mobile device, saving me a lot of time and headaches.

There have been concerns regarding how secure the app and the site are, but, after all the time I have spent using Lastpass I have no doubts all my information is in a secure place, however, the only thing I was not happy with was to choose from which device I would need to continue using the service, desktop or mobiles, unless I upgraded to Premium, was thinking about doing it anyway, but, didn{t like to be forced to do it.

🌿Tim
🌿Tim
Senior iOS Developer in Österreich
Finanzdienstleistungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great password storage for the average adult

LastPass provides the ability to store passwords in the cloud for retrieval over many devices. This allows for users to create unique, complex and long passwords for each service they use without the worry of having to remember them. This as a result vastly improves the average user's security because they will have difficult to crack unique passwords for every service. So even if 1 password is compromised others are not. Before using this software I had a number of hacks on a few services i used because one password shared over many websites was compromised. Since I moved to lastPass this hasnt happened. Its also very affordable for family use offering very cheap family packages and allowing sharing between users. I use it with my whole family and since the whole family has switched we haven't had any compromised passwords. Finally its very easy to use. Which does provide some security flaws but is in my opinion a great compromise for the average user. Often security and ease of use collide, i think that Lastpass handles this in the best possible way for the average user

Simply the fact that passwords are stored online rather than in an offline repository could provide an attack vector. But this is offset by ease of use and password sharing between devices. I also don't know the physical location that the password server i use is located. This could compromise my accounts to foreign actors.

Madhu
Madhu
UK
Grafikdesign, Selbstständig
Quelle: GetApp

One-word: Indispensable - One of the greatest apps ever made.

Lastpass has 10 key pros: 1) Password generation and auto filling LastPass generate secure passwords for every website you use. It saves them as well and automatically logs into the website. This means you can create passwords that are very difficult for hackers to guess, without having the trouble of remembering them. 2) Form fill You can set up profiles with all your details allowing Lastpass to automatically fill in online forms for you. You can even set up profiles for obscure details. You can switch between profiles, which is handy if you have multiple email accounts or phone numbers. 3) Automatic password changing For certain sites, Lastpass will automatically change your password. This makes it a breeze to change your passwords on a regular basis, which is a good way to keep secure. 4) Alerts when a website has been hacked If a website is known to be hacked, Lastpass will alert you to change your password. This will make sure that the hacker is stuck with an old password that is useful for them. 5) Hardware authentication Lastpass can be linked to a hardware device such as your mobile phone. That way, in order to login to your account, you will need your mobile, which keeps your account very secure. 6) Password sharing You can share passwords. This is very useful in an office where multiple people might have access to the same website. 7) Excellent interface The interface is very streamlined. It automatically pops up when you need it and then disappears when you don’t. 8) Multi-platform Lastpass works on all platforms including Windows, Mac, Android. On mobile, it can even work with apps, which is a big time saver. 9) Password audit Lastpass can audit your passwords to search for insecurities (such as duplicate passwords, old passwords or hacked passwords) 10) It’s free Remarkably all these features are free (apart from Password sharing which is only in the premium plan).

Lastpass has one con. On certain websites it can forget to save the password you created, which will lock you out of the site. This is very rare, but it is annoying when it happens. As a workaround you can copy the password to your clipboard when it is created. That way, if it forgets to save the password, you can just paste it back into its database of your passwords.

Hochschulbildung, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

If you don't pay for a product, you are the product

Kommentare: For almost a year, I stuck with the free version of LastPass and just had it on one device (my phone) -- when I needed to get a password on a computer, I opened the app on my phone and typed it in manually. I was just being stubborn. It is worth $2 a month to not have to do this (especially if you embrace the secure password generation features -- typing in long strings of letters/number is going to be painful). I have not yet used this, but the Family Plan looks to be an excellent deal and I'm excited to incorporate it next year. Password security is not stuff you want to play around with, these days. And if you're like me and have about a billion website signups, a password manager is the only way to go... and paying for it is worth it. If you don't pay for a product, you are the product for a company to sell to other people.

The ability to sync and remember secure, unique passwords is super helpful. The software syncs across all my devices, including computer and mobile app. You can customize the settings for password generation to work with different login requirements (e.g., some websites require a number, some say you can't use certain symbols). I also like the feature that tells me when I've used the same password too many times and the links to security.

I wish the auto-categorizing was better but that's mostly on me. For a long time the mobile app was spotty in whether it would actually fill passwords in apps, but recently, I enabled the Legacy fill-in and that seems to have fixed the problem. (It also seems to make LastPass run constantly in the background though, and gives me a notification I can't dismiss, which is a personal pet peeve.) It does sometimes fill in the wrong fields, but this is mostly with old/clunky websites.

Marktforschung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great password manager!

Kommentare: It was so good that I also started to use a second LastPass account for personal use!

With all the tools I use at work or personally, and with all the different policies that every website/tool has, it can be a real challenge to have complex passwords. This is not an issue anymore as LastPass keeps your passwords for you so you have to memorise only one (the main one). Not having to memorise any password also give you the possibility to use incredibly complex passwords you would never be able to remember. You can also had more security with 2-step verification (this is actually very recommended considering it holds all your passwords).

There has been a few time when I was told to update my password extremely frequently (like several times within a week) while our company policy was not having such requirements. It seems I was not the only to face this issue in the company. In another case, having several email accounts, the password of one of my account was updated with the password of another account. There was a popup though asking for confirmation but without thinking too much (and also believing it was a popup to add a new account, not to update one), I clicked OK too fast. Maybe having some different popup style for new accounts and updated accounts could avoid such issues. More generally, as for any password manager, not remembering the main password could be an issue. Also, if anyone was able to hack LastPass, they would have access to many more passwords.

Rob
Rob
Marketing Copywriter in Kanada
Computer-Software, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

One of the unsung heroes of my app list

Kommentare: As someone who uses a ton of web apps for my work, as well as logs in to dozens of websites for media consumption, shopping, and all the rest of online life, LastPass is critical to helping me stay safe and sane at the same time. I know maybe two of the passwords LastPass has saved for me, with LastPass remembering the rest. My accounts are much safer for using this app, and my life is also easier. There's no downside here.

From a security standpoint, LastPass changed the game for me. Where once I was the kind of person who alternated between a couple variations on the same password for everything, now every new signup I complete has a secure password that I'll never remember and will never need to remember. LastPass remembers for me. The sharing features are great, making it a cinch to get whatever passwords I need to whichever users need to use them, and the whole process is just so easy. LastPass autofills my passwords in the browser and on my mobile device. I just about never need to think about passwords or logins anymore. I suspect the time savings this offers, while modest on a per instance basis, add up to something significant over time.

LastPass is just a little inconsistent and finicky. Sometimes the sharing feature doesn't work very well, so you'll need to wait a while before the other party can log in. Sometimes the autocomplete feature won't work because the Chrome extension is trying to display some sort of message. Minor annoyances only, but annoyances all the same.