Seamless and and organizational life saver

Bewertet am 11.8.2019
Michael K.
Medienproduktion, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I was hopelessly lost with endless spreadsheets and worried about keeping data secure. I found LastPass, utilized groups and autofill, and haven't looked back.

Vorteile: My life is so much more organized, and logins kept secure and randomized. I never worry or stress about keeping track of the many passwords in my life - they are all random bits of data now. From the mobile app to desktop, Groups, Shares without passwords,

Nachteile: Sometimes the mobile app stops filling and I have to re-enable accessibility options on android, the the fill window won't let me properly paste in info.

I never think about passwords with LastPass

Bewertet am 19.7.2019
Member Services Manager

Kommentare: We use LastPass daily. To work with teams I don't know how we'd manage without it. We'd probably live and die by the "Forgot Password" option. It's quick to setup passwords and to manage them after the fact. At least a few times a month I hear someone complain about password management. I can't recall the last time this has been a problem for our team.

Vorteile: - The ability to manage a team with shared passwords
- Allow access to passwords without the ability to see them
- Create shared folders for specific teams
- The password generator
- The Authenticator app which auto logs you in without entering a code

Nachteile: - The mobile version at times doesn't work seamlessly with apps requiring multiple login attempts

Secure your online presence with LastPass

Bewertet am 29.6.2019
Brian H.
Graduate Student (MBA)
Hochschulbildung, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: What is LastPass?
The simple answer is LastPass saves your passwords to the cloud, secured by your individual login user ID and a Master Password. Setting it up is painless, merely follow the prompts at LastPass.com and you will quickly be on your way. Make sure you follow the instructions for adding LastPass to your favorite browser, and add it to the browser you use on every computer you use. When you get the extension added, click on it and log yourself in, and voila you have access to your saved passwords vault in the cloud. Now, every time you go to a site you use, the first time you visit and login, it will recognize the user ID and password you used, and ask you if you want to save it to your vault. Change your password? No problem! Upon successfull login, LastPass will catch that you have entered a new password and ask you if you want to update your saved password. As the user ID and password is saved to your own private vault in the cloud, you now have that password to access the site again, from anywhere, meaning you don't have to remember it anymore or worse, write it down. Very useful for sites that require frequent password changes and sites that have odd password requirement. Removes the burden of micromanaging staff password choices by your IT department - they will thank you! Multiple logins for a site is supported, it includes a robust, easy to use form fill feature, and it offers to generate on its own super-secure passwords for use as well.

Vorteile: Available everywhere, LastPass is offered as standalone desktop software, and much more importantly, as a browser extension. Even iOS and Android have LastPass available as an app, with Android offering integration throughout most apps on your mobile device.

Nachteile: For personal use, I shy away from subscription-based software. I'd rather pay once and get to use it. Luckily LastPass for personal use can be used for free. For a business, the subscription however pays for itself in terms of productivity gains and reducing headaches and trouble tickets for your IT staff.

Amazing Tool for Security

Bewertet am 19.4.2019
Home Inspector
Immobilien, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I love my experience with LastPass. I use it personally and for my small business and it saves me a lot of time and headaches when it comes to passwords. I also feel way more secure in my online vulnerability since using this and creating more secure passwords.

Vorteile: I use lastpass to keep track of all my passwords for various sites. I cannot stand the process of having a password reset when I'm in the middle of a task. It gets really frustrating to waste time, and LastPass saves me all that time on a consistent basis. I also like that I am able to share passwords with my husband and we have access to passwords for services we share. I never have to call him to get a password anymore, which is really helpful to both of us. The other service I really like about LastPass is that it has a browser add-on that allows me to generate a password when I sign up for an account on an website. I love that I am able do this, as it prevents me from using the same password over and over and I don't actually have to remember the password as I can access it from my phone, tablet or computer to login with one click. I also love that LastPass is seamless throughout all devices. I can use it on my phone, tablet or computer and it is updated constantly. I also love that it can save different login information separately if you have two different user accounts on one website.

Nachteile: It can get a little confusing when trying to share a password with another user. My husband and I share passwords and logins for our utilities and shared accounts, so we share our password information with each other for ease of use. In LastPass you have the option to share the login information or the password, and it can be unclear which is which. We've had a few occasions where we thought we shared the password with each other and we actually had not given full permission.

I cannot recommend LastPass enough - it has revolutionised my life

Bewertet am 21.1.2019
Senior IT Engineer

Kommentare: I honestly don't think I could survive now without LastPass. I have experienced no major issues, support are very quick to respond and the assistance provided is extremely accurate.

Vorteile: LastPass security is extremely high as you would expect off a company that provides a secure password service.
Before I used LastPass I maintained an encrypted excel document with my various passwords, some hadn't been changed for years and lacked complexity. When they were all entered into LastPass it it automatically scored them, suggested which ones needed changing, and best of all, generated secure string passwords of 48 characters, random upper & lowercase letters, numbers, and special characters. All of my accounts now have extremely long secure passwords that I do not need to remember as I just have to remember my pass phrase that logs me into LastPass and they do the rest for me.
From an administrators point of view LastPass Enterprise allows the sharing of admin passwords, access of which can be restricted by Access Control Lists. This has greatly improved the reliability of admin passwords that we store.
Finally searching for the passwords is extremely easy - on web pages it automatically triggers if the URL has been set up, and when manually searching simply type the name of the program/account and it will filter the list.

Nachteile: The only issue I have had with LastPass is that the browser extension, when first installed, does not have a time out function. This needs to be manually set. As such inexperienced users may well end up leaving their passwords very insecure.
My suggestion would be to include a "set up" introduction where the default option of a 5 minute inactivity logout could be modified to however the user desires it. This would ideally need to be done before the browser extension becomes fully live.

Must-Have

Bewertet am 14.11.2018
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: The core value proposition is the main pro: quickly creates complex, secure passwords and stores and organizes them for your easy access across the web and mobile apps on any device. Really love the security checkup and organized list of actions you should take to improve your score (security). Like the percentage score and comparison to others. Love that LastPass will go in and automatically change your passwords for many mainstream sites but that’s becoming less and less useful now that we use 2-factor authentication for so many (so it can’t). Ability to securely share passwords or vault with family members. Secure Notes section for storing info unrelated to a website. Ability to mark any record a Favorite for easier locating. Desktop app has a quick search box that pops up with a keyboard shortcut—love that. The addition of the in-app access on mobile was huge. Same with the new ability to replace Apple’s keychain with LastPass as default in the new iOS browser.

Nachteile: Biggest issue is that the desktop Safari browser extension stopped auto-filling a month or two ago. So I had to switch browsers which I’m not happy about. Frustrating differences between LastPass versions (browser extension, mobile app integration, desktop Vault...): Can view password history on some and not others. Specific selection to generate new password to replace an existing one on some and not others (related to storing password history). When you can’t do that, the workaround to ensure I’ve stored both old and new passwords is a huge pain. Sync delays between versions. I’ve stopped using the browser pop-up asking if you want to update a site’s password because I’ve had problems in the past with it screwing things up. Some companies make you use the same username and password across their sites which may have different domain names. I wish LastPass would allow for a way to link them in their records. Now when I visit one of those sites, I have to dismiss their warning pop-up every time (warns that you’ve used that site’s password elsewhere online, which is a great feature in most cases), and if I change a password I have to remember to look up the other sites’ records and manually change those to match. Would also like to see LastPass add more sites to the list that they can auto-update, but that’s just a wish list item, not a big deal. This review makes it sound pretty horrible, but I really do love it. So much that I’m willing to put up with these downsides (in hopes that they’ll make the fixes eventually).

Feature rich software, allows you to secure your enterprise passwords.

Bewertet am 5.7.2018
Beleidsadviseur ICT
Versorgungsunternehmen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It helps me to be GDPR compliant by creating a secure environment for our passwords.

Vorteile: LastPass Enterprise is very suitable to enable your users to store logins and other information securely. You can sync with Active Directory and other sources, allow access to shared folders based on group membership and enforce various policies. This is all very flexible.
The reporting functionality allows you to monitor product usage and the 'security score' of your employees. If an account is known to be leaked to the web, your users can be notified about this thanks to the integration with HIBP.
Accounts can be secured with 2-factor authentication either using a push message to an Android/IOS app, or with Yubikey, Sesame, Google Authenticator or other options. This can also be enforced for specific users. You can link your enterprise account with a personal account for easy access to your private passwords. Read the deployment guide and you will be impressed.

Nachteile: Even after more than five years of enterprise deployment, I have a hard time getting my users loving LastPass. The interface is not consistent across browsers. Enabling the binary component (used for uploading attachments to your vault and for synchronizing the login status between browsers) is a hassle. Some preferences are saved in the extension, but not in your account preferences, like logout when idle, Other settings are done via the Vault. The mobile apps are not bug free, sometimes the autofill pop-up comes up on Android, sometimes it doesn't. On MacOS, the binary plugins sometimes hang. When reporting these issues to Support, it usually takes a long time to get them fixed. If they send them to Development, there is little or no feedback on the progress. So there is still a lot of room for improvement. The price doubled last year, which does not yet pay off although the competition is often more expensive and then I don't know where LastPass shines and they don't.

My team and I LOVE Last Pass! It's easy to use, helps secure your login credentials and so much more

Bewertet am 3.10.2017
Brad H.
Founder/CEO

Kommentare: It's very secure for supporting all of my passwords. I don't have to worry about remembering a bunch of different passwords, lastpass autogenerates secure passwords for me and remembers them for me. And allows me to access it from any device if I need to. It allows me to share passwords with my team for products that charge extra for additional users when we don't necessarily need additional users. It's fast and works really well all around. Not all software does that but it gives me confidence that I can trust it with my passwords. It also allows you to auto-fill forms for saving time filling out repetitive address, email, phone #, cc info etc.

Vorteile: First off, with so many things to log in to it's impossible to follow good password procedure, which is important, especially with all of the hacks that go on. If a hacker gets one of your passwords, they know they can access a lot of your websites. Lastpass removes the pain of creating a secure password and having to remember it. You only have to create 1 secure lastpass password and you're golden. One of the biggest pains it solves for my team is allowing us to share passwords/logins for software that charges extra if you need multiple users. As a small startup that can't afford to pay for each user for every software we use, this is huge for us. It also makes onboarding new team members easier. We give them access to the services they need and can see what each service does in the notes section of the lastpass app. It also helps when my business partner signs up for a new software, I can know what it's for and viceversa. I also feel more secure having my passwords on lastpass than on Chrome's password manager.

Nachteile: I think the design and user experience could be laid out a bit better, but it's good enough. The way they have it set up can make all of your passwords etc. feel overwhelming at times. Also, there's the obvious downside that if you forget your password you could end up locked out of all of your accounts... So make sure you remember your password.

One-word: Indispensable - One of the greatest apps ever made.

Bewertet am 10.9.2017
Madhu S.
Grafikdesign, Selbstständig
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: Lastpass has 10 key pros: 1) Password generation and auto filling
LastPass generate secure passwords for every website you use. It saves them as well and automatically logs into the website. This means you can create passwords that are very difficult for hackers to guess, without having the trouble of remembering them.
2) Form fill
You can set up profiles with all your details allowing Lastpass to automatically fill in online forms for you.
You can even set up profiles for obscure details.
You can switch between profiles, which is handy if you have multiple email accounts or phone numbers.
3) Automatic password changing
For certain sites, Lastpass will automatically change your password.
This makes it a breeze to change your passwords on a regular basis, which is a good way to keep secure.
4) Alerts when a website has been hacked
If a website is known to be hacked, Lastpass will alert you to change your password. This will make sure that the hacker is stuck with an old password that is useful for them.
5) Hardware authentication
Lastpass can be linked to a hardware device such as your mobile phone.
That way, in order to login to your account, you will need your mobile, which keeps your account very secure.
6) Password sharing
You can share passwords. This is very useful in an office where multiple people might have access to the same website.
7) Excellent interface
The interface is very streamlined. It automatically pops up when you need it and then disappears when you don’t.
8) Multi-platform
Lastpass works on all platforms including Windows, Mac, Android. On mobile, it can even work with apps, which is a big time saver.
9) Password audit
Lastpass can audit your passwords to search for insecurities (such as duplicate passwords, old passwords or hacked passwords)
10) It’s free
Remarkably all these features are free (apart from Password sharing which is only in the premium plan).

Nachteile: Lastpass has one con. On certain websites it can forget to save the password you created, which will lock you out of the site. This is very rare, but it is annoying when it happens. As a workaround you can copy the password to your clipboard when it is created. That way, if it forgets to save the password, you can just paste it back into its database of your passwords.

Best Password Manager - Minus the Breeches

Bewertet am 25.7.2019
Financial Coach

Kommentare: I've used it for close to 10 years, can't say I'd keep using it if it were bad. We tried Dashlane and while it had better security, the mobile features weren't as good, so we reverted back to LastPass.

Vorteile: Easy to use. Works on both desktop and mobile so I don't have to choose. Sharing passwords is easy.

Nachteile: There have been multiple data breeches and it is sometimes "too easy" to use. This can be a plus and a minus. Someone can hop on my computer, without any verification and everything is available to see.

Great password manager!

Bewertet am 29.4.2019
Senior BI Data Engineer
Marktforschung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It was so good that I also started to use a second LastPass account for personal use!

Vorteile: With all the tools I use at work or personally, and with all the different policies that every website/tool has, it can be a real challenge to have complex passwords. This is not an issue anymore as LastPass keeps your passwords for you so you have to memorise only one (the main one). Not having to memorise any password also give you the possibility to use incredibly complex passwords you would never be able to remember. You can also had more security with 2-step verification (this is actually very recommended considering it holds all your passwords).

Nachteile: There has been a few time when I was told to update my password extremely frequently (like several times within a week) while our company policy was not having such requirements. It seems I was not the only to face this issue in the company. In another case, having several email accounts, the password of one of my account was updated with the password of another account. There was a popup though asking for confirmation but without thinking too much (and also believing it was a popup to add a new account, not to update one), I clicked OK too fast. Maybe having some different popup style for new accounts and updated accounts could avoid such issues. More generally, as for any password manager, not remembering the main password could be an issue. Also, if anyone was able to hack LastPass, they would have access to many more passwords.

The Epitome of Convenience

Bewertet am 24.9.2018
Document Control Clerk
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I'm quite satisfied with LastPass Enterprise and I recommend it to anyone I know. It's something I personally cannot live without, and I use it daily.

Vorteile: LastPass Enterprise is a very useful service that allows users to enter all of their passwords for any account they own on any website on the web. The service is extremely secure, and also has a free version which is very suitable and well equipped for personal use. This product has essentially changed the way I work on the web. I never have any issues when it comes to remembering passwords and accounts. I can also access this information from anywhere I want, including my smartphone with the LastPass app. The service also automatically updates and secures any changes made to your passwords, and can randomly generate effective passwords if needed. It also gives you tips on how to make good passwords, when it's time to change passwords, or if there too many duplicate passwords for multiple accounts (security tips). Overall, the service is extremely vital for modern technology, where we can potentially have hundreds of accounts with different passwords. There's simply no convenient way to store these all and update them in realtime. Lastpass serves to keep this security and does it perfectly without issue.

Nachteile: If there are any cons at all it will be that the service is quite expensive and has problems living up to the competition which offers more at the same or cheaper cost.

A near-perfect password manager

Bewertet am 19.11.2018
Owner, Digital Marketing Consultant

Kommentare: I've used Lastpass for 3+ years and it has been a huge help in ensuring my security, and the integrity of my many accounts, are preserved. LastPass is an excellent tool that I highly recommend.

Vorteile: - The cost has risen since I originally started using it, but it is still very competitive. Great price.
- The mobile app is near flawless at being able to input login credentials into any website and app. On the rare occasion when it doesn't work, I can easily log into the mobile app with my fingerprint and copy the needed password.
- The ability to not only store secure password, but also secure "notes" is very useful. Especially for writing down keys or answers to security questions.
- The chrome browser app is excellent.
- LastPass has a security audit feature which checks all your passwords to tell you which should be changed (based on duplicity, simplicity, recent security breaches, etc.). Very helpful!

Nachteile: - The web app is dated. It has received an update recently but, overall, the web app is still clunky. Luckily, I hardly have to open the web app because everything can be handled from the chrome and mobile apps.
- The chrome app, as great as it is, tends to stop working from time to time (once every 2 months or so). So, over the course of the 3+ years I've used the tool, I've had to uninstall/reinstall at least 10 times.
- The auto-change password feature has never worked for me. It's touted as being a great feature, but until it works, it is useless.

One of the unsung heroes of my app list

Bewertet am 29.5.2019
Rob C.
Marketing Copywriter

Kommentare: As someone who uses a ton of web apps for my work, as well as logs in to dozens of websites for media consumption, shopping, and all the rest of online life, LastPass is critical to helping me stay safe and sane at the same time. I know maybe two of the passwords LastPass has saved for me, with LastPass remembering the rest. My accounts are much safer for using this app, and my life is also easier. There's no downside here.

Vorteile: From a security standpoint, LastPass changed the game for me. Where once I was the kind of person who alternated between a couple variations on the same password for everything, now every new signup I complete has a secure password that I'll never remember and will never need to remember. LastPass remembers for me. The sharing features are great, making it a cinch to get whatever passwords I need to whichever users need to use them, and the whole process is just so easy. LastPass autofills my passwords in the browser and on my mobile device. I just about never need to think about passwords or logins anymore. I suspect the time savings this offers, while modest on a per instance basis, add up to something significant over time.

Nachteile: LastPass is just a little inconsistent and finicky. Sometimes the sharing feature doesn't work very well, so you'll need to wait a while before the other party can log in. Sometimes the autocomplete feature won't work because the Chrome extension is trying to display some sort of message. Minor annoyances only, but annoyances all the same.

Game changing tool.

Bewertet am 23.7.2019
Nick S.
Communications Consultant
Maschinerie, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Seriously, a game changer for our team. Allows users to have access to their own passwords vaults on both their PCs, Macs, mobile devices. But then we also have shared accounts that we manage as a team. It's nice to be able to share and manage those accounts, so when a user leaves the company, they're not taking credentials for these accounts with them. It's been a great tool for us.

Vorteile: LastPass makes keeping track of passwords possible, even for a team using shared accounts. For the most part, it handles creating / managing sites completely on its own. Easy to share / export lists or vaults. Makes it possible to manage access to passwords when a team member leaves the company, etc. Has been a great tool for us.

Nachteile: It can be a little cumbersome to setup the first time, but it's not because of the tool, just because of the amount of information that needs to be entered.

The Perfect Program

Bewertet am 26.12.2018
Shannon G.
Virtual Assistant

Kommentare: Overall, I don't know where I would be at with my business without LastPass. I've used it for years and it has made everything seamless between my clients, my business, and my employees. Saves me more time than I can describe.

Vorteile: There are so many amazing features that it's hard to list them all. I love that LastPass automatically stores your password in the correct category so it's easier to find when you need it. The fact that it automatically pops up when you login using a password that's not saved, so you can hit one button and store the password is very helpful. It's also amazing that you can share passwords with someone so easily and they can share with you. The fact that the free version is so useful, really urges people to want to support the company. It doesn't feel like they're trying to cheat you. Some companies will make their free version sound too good to be true but, not LastPass.

Nachteile: The only complaint I have after being a long term user of this program is the fact that when you update a shared password, you have to resend it through email. Although I see the usefulness in this, it has confused a few of my clients and caused a mess more than once. Maybe an easier way to update these passwords is to ask the user updating the password if they would like to share the update with those it's shared with. Then, it can automatically update it for those they want to still share it with and those they don't. It could make it less confusing.

Bewertet am 2.2.2018
Avishai M.
Innovation and Product Manager
Öl & Energie, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Online password management tools are an important tool for anyone using the internet. They get rid of the problem of utilizing the same password for multiple websites, plus they often mean the website hacker breaching one of your accounts, or stealing your online identity. I have been using LastPass for a few years now, so here is an overview of the app. LastPass is a cloud-based password managing solution that features many features to simplify your online experience. This app is the ultimate set-it-and-forget-it solution. Easy and intuitive to use and very convenient.

Nachteile: Cloud storage might not be everyone's cup of tea. The app operates on almost any platform, (Windows, Mac OS, Android, iOS (Premium), and Windows Phone (Premium). LastPass stores your data on the company's servers (called the Vault). This is different from other online password management tools which store your computer data in files on your device. This setup holds some benefits for individuals who dislike complexity: first of all, there's really nothing you must do except register and install the browser plugin. This technique has its own drawbacks, however. Individuals cautious about storing their passwords on the company's servers might feel at ease with another password management solutions. However, LastPass has taken care of immediately these concerns by making certain that information is encrypted together with your master password.

Amazing software for password protection

Bewertet am 30.11.2018
Finance Manager

Kommentare: Overall I am really happy with this software and would highly recommend it. I really like having all my passwords stored in one place and to not have to remember them all is fantastic!

Vorteile: I have so many passwords and with software I don't have to remember any of them. It can create very secure passwords so you don't have to think of one and It can be as many characters as you need it to be. I really like that the phone app uses my fingerprint to access my passwords so when I need to access a site to log that's all I need as it use to be a challenge when using apps that requires passwords. I like that it recognizes passwords that are weak and can search your system for ones that should be change to be more secure. I like that it is integrated with your web browsers so when you go to a specific website that requires a password Lastpass already has your username and password for easy login.

Nachteile: I understand that Lastpass is a super secure website to store all your passwords but the only thing I don't like is the process or lack there of to recover a password if you forget it. I don't want to have to delete my account as this was the issue I was facing a few months ago. I ended up getting my IT department to help out but for a personal user to have to delete there whole account for forgetting a password is not good. There should still be a secure way to recover a password without having to delete your account.

LastPass Enterprise is required for many of my network because it really works

Bewertet am 17.9.2018
Declan D.
Chief Growth Generator | Digital Growth Strategy and Execution | Growth Hacking | Mentoring
Internet, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Excellent, it keeps my passwords safe and organized, and allows me to work with people without giving them the password "keys to the kingdom", so I retain control but can still work with people where ever they live. For a larger company to a small business with outsourcers, this is a must have tool.

Vorteile: Last Pass solves the password problem with security that is hard to match in my experience. Virtually every experienced business I work with uses this, because security issues in the past few years have made the old ways of keeping passwords - within your browser - a bit more dangerous than before. By using LastPass i can give access to my virtual and remote employees to any of a number of tools and they never get the password, and I can revoke access. Instead of fumbling around for a way to keep passwords, we back this up and in case of emergency, have an extra layer of security and know our passwords are safe.

Nachteile: The Chrome extension is what I like least, since I use Chrome alot and it crashes frequently. LastPass takes more and more memory, which isn't a negative (and more a sign I'll need to upgrade my computer once again), so the browser crashing is here and there, not an always on problem. Sometimes when I have multiple users share their logins to the same tool, like Mailchimp, LastPass will get in a bit of a battle of which password and user wins, but that's more a specific agency problem than one the average user would face.

Solid cloud based, collaborator friendly password vault

Bewertet am 11.7.2018
Allround medewerker ICT

Kommentare: Saves me time and gives me the feeling my passwords are strong and securedly stored.

Vorteile: I've been using LastPass since 2010 I believe, both for business and personal use. There's a lot of positives, like the organizing features, password strength checks, random password generation, automatic password changing (when supported by the website), a plethora of 2FA options and of course, excellent browser integration. I'm also using LastPass together with some colleagues, both in IT and outside of that, in other departments. I have linked my personal, free LastPass account to my business one, so I don't have to switch accounts, with the logging out and in hassle. LastPass also offers mobile apps, secure notes and form fill templates. It's all pretty nifty. As a business user, support is fast and quite good.

Nachteile: The mobile Android app can be a bit buggy. Even the Chrome addon sometimes has issues, for example with registering the correct username or e-mail address entered while registering somewhere, or small bugs, mostly UI related. It's not 100% solid, but, say, 90%. User-friendlyness can also be improved for less tech savvy users. Many colleagues of me find LastPass difficult. It's not entirely due to LastPass actually being difficult or not user friendly, but I think they can do just a little more in the UI department to make things easier to grasp.

Best password management tool out there.

Bewertet am 14.11.2017
Davidq H.
Senior Accountant

Vorteile: Lastpass makes it easy to save and remember passwords. This allows you to create and save logins with complex passwords keeping your data safe. Furthermore, you can save other things in your LastPass vault such as credit card info, secure notes, etc. Lastpass also keeps up to date by providing a variety of addional security options such as OTP authentication, multifactor authentication via your phone, master password re-prompt option, etc. Personally, I use the OTP option with my Yubikey. With that option, LastPass will exit each time I close my browser and when I re-open the browser it prompts me to push the button on my Yubikey and logs back in. If the OTP fails, LastPass immediately goes back to requiring both the master password and the OTP code making it very secure. The app is also incredible. I use it to autofill logins in other apps and it saves me slews of time each day.

Nachteile: When sharing login credentials with another user, there is an option to let them view or not view the password. This is a bit misleading as, if you choose to NOT let them view the password, they can still see it in plain text by using inspect element on any browser and changing the password field from password to text. It is really, really easy to do. But, as long as you are aware of that, it's fantastic!

Lastpass should be everyone's password keeper

Bewertet am 23.10.2018
Kevin L.
Essen & Trinken, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Lastpass Enterprise is an excellent team tool for accessing forms or passwords without having to expose the passwords. Any team, agency can benefit from having all teammates on Lastpass, and sharing access to a folder of passwords or a single password in itself. This helped us efficiently manage our clients' passwords without having to be bold and directly asking for it. We share passwords internally and externally from our team, and the service works flawlessly every time.

Vorteile: Lastpass is an excellent and indispensable tool for my team and myself in storing and sharing passwords. Lastpass stores an unlimited number of passwords for a user on websites and form fills, including passwords as well as credit card information for easy form filling. The number one feature of Lastpass that makes it a no brainer to install is the ability to share the password with a friend, colleague or family member without having to expose the password. This feature stands out as Lastpass' gem, and I use this frequently in sharing a passwords from everything to Google Drive and Netflix. I never have t worry about exposing passwords, and any time I want to end the share, I can cancel the sharing to the user. This makes it easy to share passwords for one time use.

Nachteile: There's nothing to dislike with Lastpass. Its UX/UI is friendly, easy to navigate and storing passwords are a breeze in Google Chrome.

One of the Top Password Managers for Your Money

Bewertet am 4.8.2019
Jordan D.
Marketing Analytics Specialist

Kommentare: The experience was great, minus the little hiccups in the software (duplicated secure notes, some duplicated passwords, etc).

Vorteile: Before suggesting the enterprise version to my agency, I used LP as my main password vault. It was free and very simple to use. I decided to subscribe to the paid version, and I had some of the best customer service, but some of the premium features fell below my expectations (more below).

Nachteile: The free version is hands down the best value of all password managers. I understand that it's more of a marketing tool to get users to suggest it to their workplace and that's where they overall make their money. The only complaint that I had is when I decided to pay for the premium service (I like to support businesses that make products that make my life easier). During this time, the app kept duplicating some secure notes that I made. I felt comfortable with the safety, but this was rather odd for the type of product it is. Lastly, they refunded me for my premium service (I decided to go with 1password for my personal password stash). My agency continues to use the enterprise version, and I have no problem with using that as well.

LastPass Enterprise is a lifesaver for passwords

Bewertet am 14.1.2019
Project Engineer
Bau, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: In this day of age you really need to have separate passwords for almost everything you do. I would imagine less than 5% of the population does this though. Think about it, how easy would it be to hack a small website that you entered your information on and then have your password for everything. Lastpass solves this by being able have a unique password for every site you use. It integrates very well with the app and across all platforms. I have it on all of my devices and feel very safe because all of my websites have a different password. If you have a hard time thinking of unique passwords then lastpass will generate a unique password when you are filing in your credentials. Make sure that your last pass password is protected by a very secure password that you do not have on any other devices. Lastpass is also very simple to use with a prompt each time you need to sign into something asking if you want to enter your username and password. After you fill in any form that has a password it will have a friendly pop-up that asks if you want to save the password and name for this site.

Nachteile: The one complain I have is on mobile it seems not to integrate as easy. When you are using apps it constantly keeps popping up asking to fill in your information. It can get a little annoying if you do not want to use it. It seems to work a lot better on the browser version. The only other con is sometimes it pops up on sites that you have never saved your information with last pass. It will give you non related credentials to enter on a site you are trying to login.

A must-have account for any business with multiples systems to juggle

Bewertet am 2.8.2019
Brandon H.
Creative Services Project Manager
Öffentlichkeitsarbeit und Kommunikation, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our experience has been phenomenal. For someone who has to maintain many usernames and passwords, LastPass has been invaluable.

Vorteile: LastPass for Business is a must-have for any business that uses multiple websites with logins. This has revolutionized my life, both personally and professionally. Where do I begin? Well, for starters, I have this on my phone and each of my computers. Log into LastPass and your usernames and passwords will auto-populate when you get to a particular site. Amazing. When signing up for something new, it will generate a secure password (of varying complexity) if you'd like and then prompt you to save it to your account. When you log into your account, you can separate where you'd like your usernames/passwords to live. Based on that, you can share these usernames/passwords with your team. For instance, if my team and I use the same login for a particular service, I can share the login info with them via the share settings. This is hugely beneficial if I'm the administrator of that account and need to safely share info with my team.

Nachteile: I have no complaints about LastPass, as of yet. If I had to be picky, I'd say that it logs out randomly, which causes issues at times. This may be a timeout issue that I can fix, but it only happens once every week or so. Not a huge deal. In fact, the more I think about it, this may just be a safety precaution.