Deutschland Lokales Produkt

KeePass Erfahrungen

4,7 (573) Eine Bewertung schreiben Deutschland Lokales Produkt

Über KeePass

KeePass ist ein kostenloser, Open-Source-, schlanker und einfach zu bedienender Passwort-Manager.

Erfahre mehr über KeePass

KeePass is free to use , that's got to be the biggest pro. Is is very easy to use ,you install and are good to go.

Difficult to find defects and contraindications. A lot of features are available, I haven't been able to use them all.

Bewertungen zu KeePass

KeePass hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 573 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du KeePass bereits verwendet?

Mike

Marco
Marco
Managing Director in Spanien
Übersetzung und Lokalisierung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

If you're tech savvy, this is the password manager for you

Quick to install and use. It has lots of plugins and features, covering all the scenarios I need. I especially like the fact that you can store your password archive pretty much everywhere and aren't stuck with a cloud provider or a specific vendor.

The GUI is a bit 1990, but all in all it works fine and you don't really need anything fancy to manage your passwords

Automotive, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

The best offline password manager in the market

Kommentare: I have been utilizing KeePass for over a decade to store ALL THE INFORMATION related to every vendor at our business. It is by far the safest, easiest, and quickest way to store and manage usernames and passwords. I use it daily to access so much data beyond just usernames and passwords. Once you realize how easy it is to store and access different kinds of data with the program, you wont want to store the data anywhere else.

It stores your password offline (on your device, not in the cloud) , so you won't hear about your passwords being compromised from the latest hacking some website. It's a small lightweight piece of software that just works. The built-in hot keys for entering your passwords automatically works great for most websites and can be manually configured for stubborn websites where the login boxes are not otherwise detected. It can safety store your username, password, URL, PIN numbers, phone numbers, addresses, really any data you desire.

You have to manually configure "Triggers" to backup the password database and synchronized it, if you want those to tasks automated.

Alex
System Analysis in Kanada
Bau, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Free Open Source Password Manager that does require some work from the user

Kommentare: KeePass was the first password vault program I used when I finally decided to start taking internet password security seriously. Its core feature is that it will help you organize and securely store passwords, and it does do with well. Ultimately I left it because I need to access my passwords on multiple devices, and while this can be done with the use of any number of cloud storage solutions, it is completely seamless and I would occasionally have to clean up double entries caused by KeePass own version control system (it good that this exists, I prefer extra entries to missing ones). At the end of the day I found myself willing to pay to have a password vault with more features and dedicated support, but I still would not hesitate to recommend this as a option to anyone looking for free password vault software.

Being open source means you can find out exactly what the program is doing with your important login information. Also if you have the correct knowledge you can attempt to add any features you feel are lacking. Completely free, and once you've downloaded it you have complete control over your data.

Very simple, auto of the box KeePass lets you create and access a encrypted password database files. Additional functionality such as cloud storage and browser autofilling will need to be worked out by the user with 3rd party applications, services, and plugins. Though some people may consider this a pro.

Shobhit
Consultant in Indien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Best Password Vault & manager software

Kommentare: its very good software to store passwords, specially in digital works where we are using multiple websites, emails and office/work related stuff, and remembering all passwords and username along with URL/websites/banking etc is very difficult. Here keypass gives us solution where we can store our passwords so that we will never forget password details. Also as its completely offline solution thus our passwords are saved in database present of our laptop/desktop, so we can trust this software.

1.) Easy installation and required very less space on disk. 2.) Software interface is very user friendly and easily understandable. 3.) It also predicts if our password is weak or strong. 4.) Provides encryption to password stored by encrypting the associated database. 5.) Customization of folders and sub containers along with search option is available. 6.) Import/export option is also available. 7.) Password database will be stored locally on local desktop/laptop so no point of password leak/hack online.

I found this software pretty good as I am using this since 5 years, never faced any issue with Keepass so no cons from my end.

Amro
IT Manager in Ägypten
E-Learning, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great credentials manager!

Kommentare: Pretty content with the features it provides, it serves as our main credentials manager for the IT department, will keep using it.

1- Totally free. 2- Incredible number of supported plugins and extensions. 3- DB file (.kdbx) is compatible with third-party apps which runs on mobile platforms such as iOS and Android. 4- Easy searching and sorting. 5- Could export to TXT, HTML, XML, and CSV.

1- Can't centrally manage all user files. 2- GUI somehow looks outdated. 3- Can't auto-save passwords.

Simon
Simon
Creative Head in Indien
Medienproduktion, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Once you use KeePass, there's no going back!

Kommentare: KeePass makes it possible to store the passwords (database) in-premise. This makes it possible for us to secure our passwords with the present infrastructure without second guessing the levels of security that is offered. Since we can implement our own cloud storage, all passwords are always a click away whether online or offline; desktop or mobile. We are never going back to another password manager ever!

It has never been easier to use a password manager before we started using KeePass. On the closed-source platforms, the per-user fee kept going up with each additional user. Over time, we've even lost access to one of our accounts. This is where KeePass has shined for us. Keeping the database local has helped solve so many of the issues that we otherwise have to deal with while using other password managers. All of this while being completely open source? Easily the best decision that we've ever made.

While using a single database in a multi-user, there is always a chance that one user could over the changes made by another user. But, there are plenty of extensions available to add/remove functionality. In our environment, we regularly save versions, thereby securing our own data.

Kudzai
System Admin in USA
Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Keepass Review

Kommentare: The product gets updated regularly and has a lot of security features. When you lock your computer keepass automatically locks as well if you set it to. You can also set it to lock if it hasn't been used in a specified amount of time.
It has nice way of grouping information into folders. and allows you to sort them alphabetically.

My Favorite thing about the product other than it being open source is the fact that it is not web-based. This minimizes the risk of my data falling into the wrong hands due to a breach on the provider's end.

It is difficult to get it to play nice with some web browsers. A lot of times I couldn't get auto fill to work right and had to rely on copy and paste.

Nicolas
Nicolas
Owner in Frankreich
Informationsdienst, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Simple, complete, efficient for free

This solution is super efficient and flexible. It is possible to install the software or use the portable version in a shared directory to use it on several computers without any synchronization problem. The interface is simple, at the service of efficiency.

The interface could be a bit more modern, but that's a detail. The most important are the features.

Bau, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Fantastic Credential/Password Software

Kommentare: I love this software, I hope it continues to be more accessible on other platforms but otherwise it's a key piece of software I use on my personal Windows machines as well as within my workplace.

First of all the software is free which is fantastic for the developers, secondly the software is simple to use and secure. I can relax knowing my credentials for the hundreds of sites I use is stored somewhere safe and I can easily access the credentials/serial keys I need when I'm on my machine. There is also unofficial apps for other platforms which I have only just found out via their home website which is a bonus!

I can't think of anything I least like about the software, it was due to not having an app on iOS/Android but it appears there is.

Youssef
Youssef
Chief Technology Officer in Libanon
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

The most secure way to manage your passwords

Kommentare: I've been using keepass for a long time. I previously used an online password manager but that service was hacked any all my passwords were exposed. After some research i found keepass and for me it was the perfect solution

Keepass is very secure. All your passwords are in 1 encrypted database and your passwords will remain private and inaccessible.

The interface is a bit old, it's not as shiny as the other password managers but the functionality is great which makes me not care a lot about the design

Mack
IT Consultant in USA
Bibliotheken, Selbstständig

Best Password Safe and Manager

Kommentare: KeePass allows you to easily utilize unique and complex passwords on every account you have. Trust me, you have more online accounts than you may realize, and ANYTIME I create an account (even for one time use) I log the information into KeePass. This prevents creating numerous "zombie" accounts...a threat to your security. ONE TIP: If you want to utilize KeePass from different devices, but keep everything in synch, simply store the data file in a Dropbox (or similar) account, but install the program itself on each device. Make sure your KeePass master password AND your Dropbox password is complex and secure! Then, any changes made to account info is safely stored in an encrypted file in Dropbox.

KeePass allows you to keep all your passwords in one place, and UNDER YOUR CONTROL since the file resides on your computer. Like other password managers, all you need to remember is ONE password (hopefully something easily remembered, but complex and secure) then you can access all of your other accounts from within KeePass by simply clicking the URL (autotype) for that account. KeePass will also generate secure passwords for you, based upon the criteria you define (so that the password will be compatible with the rules of the account). Each account entry includes a handy notes section so that you can keep track of such things as security question answers, special information needed for that account (such as driver's license numbers or SS numbers, etc.) Best of all , it is completely FREE. You can install it directly on your computer, or utilize the "no install" portable version so that you can keep and run the program from a flash drive. KeePass is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux! Uses top notch encryption. Can be set up to use a key file, but that's optional.

I've used the program for years, and there isn't much do dislike. I guess that the only limitation would be the learning curve to use all the features and settings. For "non technical" types, KeePass might offer too many features! But taking the time to learn and use the program correctly can GREATLY increase your online security.

Gerson
Software Developer in USA
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

A very thorough password manager

Kommentare: Overall, I definitely enjoyed my time with KeePass and it was my first password manager and used it for a long time. While I usually did not take advantage of a lot of the options they offered, the main idea of offering a good password generator and storage option is very strong and having those options there was a big plus. I do wish they eventually expand in their software options and do release their own mobile applications and maybe even extensions, but their main software is very well developed.

KeePass is a very good password manager in that one can tell that they put a lot of work in allowing lots of freedoms and options of what a user can do. There are tons of options such as determining what encryption one wants to use, allow the file to be exclusive to their PC or one can also setup a way to synchronize across devices however they want to. Not only are there a lot of options in managed the password database itself, there also tons of options in creating passwords themselves. This allows one to have a lot of freedom in what they want from their password manager.

The thing with KeePass if one wants to take full advantage of the software they have to make sure to take the time to actually learn what the software offers, which I would say is the cost of the many options, one who is not well versed with computers or such software will definitely have a hard time with the UI. Also the lack of an Official KeePass app makes in hard to setup for mobile and other similar devices, as I would prefer using their software over having to rely on third parties.

Eduardo
Sales Manager in Mexiko
Essen & Trinken, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Love it. Fast, secure and free.

Kommentare: It´s simple, fast, secure and easy to use. Did I mention that it was free?

It´s absolutely free and opensource. You decide how you handle your info and how to share it; unlike other programs that live on remote servers.

It is not as feature rich as comercial software. You depend on the work of non-paid programmers for updates (as with all open source software).

Alberto Nahum
Associate Professor in Spanien
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Do not forget any password, ever

Kommentare: I was an avid user of KeePass for years because it was an easy and convenient way to store every password, arranged by sections of my life and work. I am still using it, but not so usual because Google is doing an outstanding job remembering my passwords. Nonetheless, sometimes you are using a different computer or need passwords for things that are not online (such as credit card digits or locks), so I still use KeePass every other week. It is a simple and modest-looking software but has proved essential for my work and life several times during the last decade. I guess some people can be scared about privacy issues, but after more than ten years of using it, I have never had any problem.

I liked most that KeePass is free. But, beyond this essential aspect, I also enjoy its customizability: I can insert an icon for every password, be it an official ID, a Twitter password, or any bank account. Another remarkable aspect is how easy it is to organize all your information and data in files and folders, so you can quickly go to the section you need (well, the "Search" option on the top leads you straight to the file you need). Finally, I would like to emphasize the importance of syncing the android app with the laptop program so your passwords are always up to date.

It is less common now because there is access to the internet everywhere. Still, years ago, I had a challenging moment in an airport: I did not remember my suitcase's three-digit code, but I needed access to the internet to open the app. So, one "con" for me was its dependency on being online.

Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

Not the sleekest but a great open-source app

KeePass is open source and free on different platforms (Windows, Android, and there is also free apps for Mac); it's been my password manager for years. It still gets frequent updates and has a solid reputation, so I feel safe using it. There are so many features that I probably use only a fraction of its full functionality! If you prefer, you can run it from a thumb drive. Again, if you prefer, you can save your (encrypted) database in the cloud to sync it across devices.

Perhaps to be expected as an open-source software, the UI is not attractive/old fashioned. I've never had difficulties finding what I needed, but it's definitely not very sleek.

Telekommunikation, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Secure, Simple, Mobile, Free - Everything a Password Lockbox Should Be

Kommentare: This is so much more secure, reliable, and accessible than any other tool on the market. We tried to use Zoho Vaults but hated the double sign on and interface. Keepass feels like a file interface - categories/tabs and entries. One login and you're there!

A developer friend recommended Keepass as a secure way to share databases of usernames, passwords, notes, URL's, and other credentials several years ago. Since then, my entire team has used Keepass across multiple projects and as a method of coordinating and securely sharing credentials over email. Keepass allows us to organize, store, and rapidly access huge collections of login and account credentials. The encryption is highly secure, and the password generator tool is an added bonus. We have used this tool for both in-place (PC) and portable (thumb drive) applications. The search functionality to easily find buried or old usernames and passwords is fast and simple. Overall, a great, free tool that does exactly what it says it does.

The developers are on top of their security and release frequent updates. I have not found an auto-update feature that would prevent the 'new version' popups but would like to see one.

Luft- & Raumfahrt, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Strong, Secure, Stable

Kommentare: KeePass greatly reduces the risk of credential compromise and increases adherence to password policies.

I have used this software daily for many years, and my experience has been stellar! I feel like every time I reach out for a complex feature, this software has it. While easy to use, KeePass makes it easy to customize exactly how you want to manage your passwords. I even use it at home. The password database has excellent cross platform support and can even be used on smartphones or on Linux.

Because it has a large number of configuration options, it can take a while to have everything configured exactly the way you like it. With that said, the defaults are reasonable, but you certainly need to take the time to review all the settings if you want the best experience. If you don't like having control over advanced configuration, this might not be the best choice for you.

Freddy
Founder in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

You Need A Vault For Your Passwords!

Kommentare: After a little bit of a struggle with getting started, I'm happy to save I've been using KeePass for over 2 years now. Whether I'm being slightly paranoid about my prospects of getting hacked or whether it's just the day and age we live in, KeePass is definitely a lifesaver. All it took was one breach of my PayPal account (whether thru phishing or outright hack) and I was on the lookout for something to keep my "keys" safe. The amount of time I spent on the phone that day talking to banking institutions, credit card companies, merchants whose services I use with recurring payments tied it, and so on was borderline exhausting. All because of compromised account credentials. After some searching, KeePass ended up being my go-to for my laptop and also on my mobile. I especially like the password generator which can be customized according to the password requirements of a particular company (i.e. no special characters, only letters, and numbers, etc.) You only need to have one password memorized and the rest is as easy as a drag and drop on your computer or touch/copy and paste on your mobile.

The encryption it offers and the peace of mind it provides.

You'll need to have at least a little bit of tech savvy to get this going on your laptop.

Karolina
QA Project Manager in Polen
Pharmazeutika, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

KeePass - My review

Kommentare: KeePass enables me to store my passwords in one, encrypted database, so actually, I need to remember password key to get access to hundreds of them. Also, the portables version is pretty useful because of frequent travels.

KeePass is a free password manager, which supports Windows and has unofficial versions for Linux, Mac OS X, and mobile devices which you can find on the official KeePass website. The software is open-source and free of charge in contrast to the competition. KeePass supports several encryption standards, AES and Twofish, that are very secure. The databases are stored locally by default, but the manager could be customized to use cloud storage to sync data. There is also a portable version of the software on a USB flash drive, that allows you to keep your password database around. KeePass is fully customizable so that you can divide your passwords into categories to separate data if you use different databases for specific actions. Importing the data from web browsers, password managers, and generic password files is seamless.

Using KeePass for the first time might be obscure, as the program brings up a clean interface and it may take some time to get started with it so that I suggest looking for a tutorial to configure the tool correctly.

Travis
Computer Programmer in USA
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Can't do without it.

Kommentare: As a software developer, I have a lot of different passwords. They're for different servers, websites, etc. My customers trusted me with this information, so they need to be kept in a very secure and reliable place. The way I set this up, I have a secure key file stored on a USB drive, with the passwords database stored in a separate location. I printed out the secure file, it's just a bunch of characters I could easily type in manually if I ever lose the USB drive. I keep that in a locked file cabinet as a backup in case the USB goes missing, or is corrupted. This setup has proved to be very reliable, and I've never had any issues with it.

It runs on all the operating systems I use: Mac, Windows, Linux, and Android. It has a portable version that I can keep on a USB drive. I like the feature to generate random secure passwords. I use that all the time.

The interface is a little outdated. It can be difficult to get everything organized, but it does the job well, so that's not a big issue.

A simple and lightweight credential storage application to get you started with managing passwords.

It's free, and it's a great start for managing usernames and passwords. Password database encryption is built in. Multiple OS support (Mac/Win/Linux) Password Entry History is very nice in case you need to know prior passwords or make a mistake submitting a password to an entry. Quick double-click shortcut for copying/pasting passwords from KeePass to other application text fields. It only saves the string in memory for a few seconds. A surprising amount of add-ons and plugins for browsers are available for KeePass, due to a high adoption rate of this product.

I am not certain, but two factor authentication integration would be a nice-to-have feature. I would like to see a KeePass offering that would allow me to access a single credential store on all of my endpoints machines.

Regierungsbeziehungen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Reliable and versatile password manager

Kommentare: I don't know how I would survive in this day and age without Keepass. I have login credentials for over 200 accounts stored in it and could not possibly remember them all without it. This is must have software.

I love that Keepass is available for so many platforms. I'm able to manage my passwords on my Windows laptop, android and IOS devices using the same software and password database which is encrypted in the cloud. Software is easy to setup and use and allows you to categorize login accounts/passwords for easy retrieval. Also allows eascy copy/paste of password from Keepass to whatever login application needed. Perhaps the best part is that depending upon the platform it is either free for just a few dollars to purchase.

I don't have any dislikes with Keepass, it does exactly what I need.

Computer-Vernetzung, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Your organization's security needs this

It didn't matter how much education we did- people still use their dogs' names as their passwords. Every security test we attempted resulted in failure. It wasn't until we accepted the problem as a reality that we could make some progress. And when we did, things changed. We used to have password requirements (character limits, special types, etc.), but now we just require that the password be generated by KeePass. We're able to help people in the few instances when the app doesn't work, but the impact has been significant. Now, 100% of our employees are using safe password protocols- with next to no effort.

When I find one, I'll let you know. I think this product is better than LastPass because of local storage options.

Houcem
CITNSO in Tunesien
Telekommunikation, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Top free password safe

Kommentare: I use Keepass on a daily basis to manage hundreds of credentials. The tool is great for what it does, and provides a handful of useful extra features. However and as there is no built-in synchronization with the cloud, users must backup their data on a regular basis to avoid data loss.

KeePass is a local password safe used to safeguard passwords and secret credentials. Data remains local: there is no upload to the cloud, which means you are in control of your data (but also have to manage backups yourself). The tool is free and has handy features like password auto-type and integration with other tools such as Putty.

The UI is a bit dated and may use some visual updates. Also the tool does not come with a built-in updater.

Tony
Realtor in USA
Computer-Vernetzung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

KeePass

Kommentare: Great free password database manager. I have never had any issues with the software or the database being inaccessible, corrupt, etc.

Unlike other password management software that stores your "password vault", you, yourself decide where you want to store your password data vault. The upside is you have total control on how accessible it is and you maintain it. The downside to this is if you don't keep backup and if something were to happen to your database, you would lose everything. You have the ability to sync it across droDropbox, OneDrive, etc.

The interface could be more modernize a bit more compared to other third party password manager.