Über Pendo

Erfasse Nutzerverhaltensdaten, segmentiere Nutzer*innen und ergreife dann mittels anwendungsinterner Nachrichtenübermittlung, Studien und Umfragen Maßnahmen.

Erfahre mehr über Pendo

Josh G.
Telekommunikation, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 6.5.2019

"Used at Multiple Companies / Highly Recommend"

Vorteile: Pendo is a great tool. It is easy to use and helps executives start tracking the right metrics (instead of guessing at what is important). It also scales your support organization with automated onboarding and educational opportunities for users.

Nachteile: Sometimes the reports bug-out, but the support team is quick to respond. Additionally, there is no way to communicate with users OUTSIDE your application ecosystem (i.e. email). If a user isn't engaged with your software, you have to go into a different system in order to get re-engagement.

• Bewertet am 6.5.2019
CX Designer
Computer-Software, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 5.12.2019

"Pendo is a Lifesaver"

Kommentare: The platform has been great. While we have experienced a few bumps in the road, theres always been workarounds and solutions that solve our problems.

Vorteile: Pendo allows me to easily set up guides or walkthroughs in my product. The best part is that it leaves a lot of room to start small and grow.

Nachteile: One of our selling points was that it required low development effort and could be managed by a non-developer. While yes, this is true, it can require someone with front-end experience to code a few walk through steps and someone with back-end experience to send additional data to pendo for use with segmentation and analytics.

• Bewertet am 5.12.2019
Ike B.
Product Marketing Manager
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 17.4.2017

"Shop around"

Kommentare: I've used Pendo a couple times over the period of roughly a year. Both of the time that we tried to deploy an NPS survey on our product we had some significant bugs. The first, we had a Opt Out list that some of our admins requested to be on (they didn't want to receive the survey). Pendo experienced a bug in which our survey in fact was seen by some of those accounts. This most recent time I've run across some significant bugs and pretty fundamental considerations in UI. Take for instance that Pendo provides no help in the UI to help guide you in whether you are actually selecting the right account to pool into a segment to target or exclude. You have to pretty much get the account character for character exact to how Pendo has in the system. When I try to export the list of accounts from Pendo, modify the list to remove or add accounts and reimport, Pendo fails on any accounts that have a comma in the title (like Company, LLC or Org, Inc.). Also our survey just decided to not appear out of the blue. Luckily I've jumped in to check our survey frequently and discovered this was the case. I can't be confident that when I deploy something to our end users that Pendo will behave appropriately. Consider another solution with better history and size.

Vorteile: The UI is modern and appealing

Nachteile: The software is inconsistent, buggy and unpredictable.

• Bewertet am 17.4.2017
Devon G.
Customer Success Advocate
  • Bewertet am 16.4.2020

"Pendo & Pendo Feedback Review"

Kommentare: Pendo has been great for us. Our customers love it and we are seeing a lot of value from implementing Pendo. The support that comes with Pendo and the networking Pendo provides have been incredibly helpful.

Vorteile: Pendo is fairly easy to use. They are coming out with new features frequently that help us and our customers. Pendo gives us the ability to create content without having to pull time from our Dev team.

Nachteile: Pendo core has been great for use. We recently signed up with Pendo Feedback and it has been great. There are some areas in Feedback that are lacking. We have been working closely with the Pendo team to try to relieve some of those pain points.

• Bewertet am 16.4.2020
Stephanie H.
VP of Product Development
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 4.11.2019

"Valuable Insights!"

Kommentare: From a product perspective, we have gained so much insight into our customers and how they are using our products. We can identify at-risk customers easily and work to get them back on track. Additionally, we recently purchased and implemented the new Feedback module which is going to allow us to centralize all enhancement requests and finally have a data informed product roadmap. We derive a ton of value with this product and it is truly changing the way we do business.

Vorteile: We love all the data we have gained about our users and have a much stronger understanding of what they do within our applications. In addition, Pendo has made communication with our customers really easy, especially in times of crisis. I also feel as though we are arming our ENTIRE organization with information they need to do their job. All functions within our organization derive value from this platform and that isn't easy to achieve! Updates are also released regularly which tells me this is an organization that is dedicated to their customers.

Nachteile: I think with such an amazing platform, it can sometimes feel overwhelming to get up to speed on all the things we could be doing with the software.

• Bewertet am 4.11.2019
Elisabeth H.
Director, Member Support and Training
  • Bewertet am 15.1.2020

"Pendo Feedback tool: great way to gather user feedback; allows users to prioritize their wish list"

Kommentare: We needed a place to gather and manage user enhancement requests, and we really wanted a way for users to vote on their favorites. This product - which was Receptive and was purchased by Pendo - met that need in the best possible way. We love it!!

Vorteile: I love that we can choose to allow users to see how many other users have voted for their enhancement idea. But my favorite part is the "sliders" that users see when they prioritize their favorite enhancements - if they slide one up, they see the sliders on the others go down. Great way to show users that we can't do everything - we have to prioritize!

Nachteile: My only disappointment is that you can't easily just export the entire list of enhancement requests with the # of votes.

• Bewertet am 15.1.2020
Customer success manager
  • Bewertet am 21.2.2020

"Feature rich, but challenging at times"

Kommentare: We're trying to gain access to user insight data through app interactions.

Vorteile: The graphics are nice and add impact to the information I am reviewing and presenting. For instance, I can easily view a correlation between tech touch and in app notifications I've created along with user activity following the deployment of the communications.

Nachteile: I dislike the interface for creating in app notifications and the digital resource center. It has way too many steps and is not intuitive.

• Bewertet am 21.2.2020
Mauricio S.
Computer-Vernetzung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 30.3.2020

"Pendo enables data driven decisions"

Vorteile: Pendo allows us to collect massive amounts of data on how our customers are using our products. This allows us in turn to use this data to make good data driven decisions on not only our road map, but it is enables us to connect with our customers in a way we never have before.

Nachteile: There are always features you wish a platform had.

• Bewertet am 30.3.2020
Taylor S.
Product Owner/Business Analyst
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 23.8.2019

"Good Product"

Kommentare: I love Pendo! It's an awesome product.

Vorteile: Pendo bridges a good gap for us in quickly learning how our users interact with our software - It helps us understand their needs better.

Nachteile: I think that there is a bit of a steep learning curve when it comes to the software, you have to invest some time to understand it.

• Bewertet am 23.8.2019
Cory K.
Product Marketing Manager
Sport, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 6.1.2020

"The one stop solution for your product team"

Vorteile: From the minute you install Pendo it is tracking data. This allows you to view that data a year down the road. This is extremely helpful because as our product grows we need to be able to view info that wasn't as important when we first started. This allows us to view all that data that has been collected and see what our users have been doing. It is extremely powerful.

Nachteile: On the in-app messaging side they still have some areas they need to catch up to be as powerful as other companies, but they continue to update and enhance this side of the product.

• Bewertet am 6.1.2020
Massimo A.
  • Bewertet am 5.1.2019

"Combines good product analytics with in-app guides and NPS tracking. And that's killer."

Kommentare: We now use it across several products in the MailUp Group (https://mailupgroup.com). For example, beyond using it for product analytics, we were able to stop using other applications for both in-app guides and NPS tracking, and we now use Pendo for that both in MailUp (https://www.mailup.com) and BEE Pro (https://beefree.io). It's certainly not inexpensive, but it gives the Product and Product Marketing teams tools that are crucial to their work. So, money well spent in my view.

Vorteile: What's unique and really useful about Pendo is that it combines product analytics, in-app guides & Net Promoter Score tracking, all under one roof. This allows you to show custom messages just to certain audiences (e.g. I see that some customers did not yet try feature ABC, so I show them a Guide to trigger adoption), and see NPS scores for different segments of users (e.g. what's the NPS for customers that never use feature ABC? What's the score for those that use feature ABC all the time?). That provides incredible insights.

Nachteile: First of all let me say that the company has come a long way. Pendo is growing a ton and it shows. They're constantly improving the platform, so we're confident that flaws will be corrected over time. That said, in our experience setting things up takes some time (and the concept of "Feature" is not immediately clear to newcomers: it actually means "UI element"), and until recently there were some annoying productivity issues (e.g. you could not quickly clone a segment, resulting in potentially lots of repeat tasks just to create two similar segment of users: now this has been resolved!). Improvements still need to be made for multi-language applications (e.g. different Guides for different users that speak different languages).

• Bewertet am 5.1.2019
Matt A.
Vice President, Operations
Gewerbeimmobilien, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 19.11.2018

"Still learning, but loving it"

Kommentare: We jumped into investing the use of the Pendo platform believing it would help us better understand our customers and raise our engagement with them. We've been very please with the ability to do that as well as enhance the experience of our application to our customers and customize communications and interactions that have never been possible in our software.

Vorteile: Even before the software, I've been very impressed by Pendo's customer support model. The proactive interaction we received in onboarding and ongoing support has been something I've consistently referred back to our own client services team as a model for how things are done. They have multiple team members accountable to different actions/experiences with us and they do it in a fluid fashion where it never feels like anyone drops the ball. As for the software, I pull up our dashboard every morning and look at our customer interaction from the day before. Its very simple to follow individual customer behavior as well as overall trends. Per the recommendation of their onboarding team, I and 2 other team members sit down weekly for a Pendo meeting to talk about how we are using the data to further our company and what our next initiatives are Pendo also integrates well with both Salesforce and Tableau, 2 other platforms we use extensively. Some of the visualizations that lack in the application, we can customize to our needs using Tableau

Nachteile: There are some small quirks that we haven't worked our way around yet. We get a lot of community feedback from the Pendomonium Slack channel, but sometimes us and others in that community feel like we are trying to group solve problems rather than Pendo coming out with a simple solution.

• Bewertet am 19.11.2018
Michael V.
Product Owner
Finanzdienstleistungen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 3.4.2018

"Great analytics with in-app messaging to help increase the user experience. "

Kommentare: Insights on our applications on where to invest resources.

Vorteile: Retroactive analytics is big for me considering I struggle with tagging all products across the enterprise. This feature allows me to tag things on my schedule. In most cases, coding is not required to tag my applications for Pendo to start tracking. I simply use their point and click tagging feature, and tagging can be done in no time. There are times that I need to add custom code due to the framework of my app, but Pendo's support does a great job helping me with that. User Path Analysis gives me insight on where the enduser is going once they enter our application. This helps our Product team focus on enhancements and bugs where our endusers spend most of their time. In-App messaging (Guides) allow me to communicate with my customers, informing them of upcoming code releases or where to find release notes. By leveraging the Guides, I can target certain segmentations and push surveys, polls, or other important information to help provide two way communication with the enduser.

Nachteile: Even though Pendo provides some great reports, I wish their were more ways to visualize the data that's collected. Cohorts and other analytic reporting is light in the app. I would love to see the ability to give my customers access to Pendo and provision this access to view only their analytics and their guides. I hope to see this soon in the app.

Principal User Experience Product Designer
Personalwesen, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 14.12.2018

"I've been looking for a real solution to my User Behavior Analytics Problem"

Kommentare: My experience with Pendo over the past year has been excellent, from initial discussions, implementation and support, Pendo has been great. Big shout out to the team at Pendo all have been very supportive and patient.

Vorteile: Pendo is built for product teams and provides a real solution to what I consider User Behavior Analytics, Qualitative + Quantitative Insights. The best part its super easy to get up and going, minimizes my development and implementation efforts. I have been able to train my Product Managers and UX Designers/Researchers in how to Tag, Generate Reports in less then 1 hour. Pendo makes Analytics easy + fun which is perfect in keeping my teams engaged and using analytics to measure success with each release. Also Pendo helps us now connect a complete user journey cross devices from desktop to mobile, it has helped us drive engagement into new areas of our applications through what they call Guides, and has allowed us to easily and quickly identify problem areas by looking into the analytics and using in-app surveys to collect additional in the momement feedback.

Nachteile: I must say not much I do not like about the software. The pricing model which is based on monthly active users can get costly if you have millions of users, so it's not ideal for putting Pendo on your marketing or lead pages, its best used within your application after users sign in.

• Bewertet am 14.12.2018
Dean of the R365 Academy
  • Bewertet am 3.2.2019

"Pendo does everything you could possibly want in User Engagement and Analytics! It is the best!"

Kommentare: Fantastic sales cycle, great CSM team and communication. We were pretty much completely onboarded (self-onboarded) when we finally signed and were given an Onboarding coordinator. His sessions were useful and still added value even though we'd figured the majority of it out on our own during the sales trial period. We're full steam ahead and looking for more and more way Pendo can help us know what we didn't know.

Vorteile: I love Pendo. I love it so much, I asked Capterra to add it to their software list just so I could review it (and no, I don't work there). We've used Pendo for the last 10 months and it couldn't be going better. We are a SaaS company and Pendo is giving our Product, Analytics, Customer Success and Onboarding Teams insights that were not previously possible. We leverage Pendo for user engagement, onboarding (tool tips, guides, popups etc.) and analytics. It is a smooth platform with great support and it works great. Couldn't recommend it more.

Nachteile: It's not necessarily a knock on Pendo so much as it is a knock on the quality of the development of your own site that Pendo sits on top of. If you have some questionable code, you may have a tricky time getting the rules and feature tagging completed exactly as you'd like. It helps if you have a knowledge of HTML and CSS to get around any of these pitfalls, otherwise you'll have to work with your Dev teams to get your internal code issues sorted out so that Pendo can work properly.

• Bewertet am 3.2.2019
Harry K.
  • Bewertet am 6.4.2018

"Great Customer Intelligence Software"

Vorteile: The granularity of data that Pendo surfaces, and the actionability it presents to its users, is among the best I've seen in this space. It's only for lack of time that I haven't dug more into the features we have available to us. I particularly like the ability to great guided experiences that vary based on the segment the user is in. As a product manager, I often log in just to poke around the usage numbers to see if I am taken down any interesting usage paths that cause me to think more critically about why certain behaviors are being exhibited, and Pendo makes that data very accessible.

Nachteile: I think Pendo's usability / user interface could use some work. It has a very hierarchical UI, and it's often easy to get confused about where you are within a particular workflow and how to navigate one layer back. The guided experience creation and testing is getting better, but still has a ways to go in terms of a clean user experience. Feature tagging and page creation often takes a long time to process, and it can stall out your workflow.

• Bewertet am 6.4.2018
Kathleen M.
Systems Analyst
Telekommunikation, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 14.1.2020

"Great potential as long as you know how to manage the data"

Kommentare: We do like Pendo and can see it has great potential, but I don’t think we are utilizing it to maximize that potential...yet. We are using it primarily to walk users through new tools and features, make announcements and gauge general user activity and engagement. This is great for improving user satisfaction at a base level and understanding how the user is using our product, but I think we’ve only scratched the surface. There are advanced segmentation tools used to determine how and when content is served, and reports can be grouped by these same segmentations. I’m excited to see how we can build on what we’ve created to really put those segmentations to use and learn even more about our users’ behavior.

Vorteile: Pendo has allowed us to gain deeper insight into our users’ workflows within our applications without having to disrupt those workflows. Usage data is captured as users navigate the site/app/platform and that data is made available to our team to analyze in real-time. This has significantly improved how we interact with users and what content we serve them at every touchpoint.

Nachteile: Creating the “guides” can be a cumbersome process. There are templates, but these are fairly basic and do not cover every use case. It would be amazing if there was an advanced/expanded library (even at cost) that would allow us to ramp up more quickly. We also felt the implementation team at Pendo could have been a little more hands-on. The weekly/biweekly check-in calls are nice, but we could have really used some deep-dive/consultative help when we were new to the platform and still trying to find our bearings.

• Bewertet am 14.1.2020
Jennifer G.
Director, Product Experience and External Solutions
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 19.4.2019

"Highly detailed usage information and excellent in-app guidance functionality"

Kommentare: I have truly enjoyed working with Pendo, not just the Platform, but the company. Excellent, friendly, approachable communications. Quarterly forums to share what is going on. There are so many resources to use. We have actually tried to model some of our onboarding behaviors after Pendo's onboarding process, it was that good. I have always had great experiences with asking questions of the support staff. No complaints at all.

Vorteile: Pendo tracks all user events, even if you don't have them tagged. Competitors do not do this. The user interface is very easy to use and customize to meet the needs of different types of users. Very easy, even for non-programming staff to use. The in-app guides are extremely helpful for user guidance and support, company announcements. The NPS poll practically runs itself for us.

Nachteile: Occasional difficulty tagging look-up or drop-down fields, but the support staff is excellent at helping work those things out.

Andrew M.
Solutions Engineer
  • Bewertet am 3.4.2018

"Great User Data & Analytics with ease"

Kommentare: First time visitors are easily highlighted and the ability to report on various aspects is easy and intuitive. We get the added benefit of having analytics of our users , from first visit all the way through platform adoption.

Vorteile: The ability to collect all kinds of user application data and run reports and visualizations to quickly understand which users are in the platform and exactly what pages they are engaging in on, including duration. I have also leveraged the API connection to tie visitor reporting data to our disparate systems for better automating services. API docs were easy and useful! Account managers and support reps are incredibly amicable as well!

Nachteile: The support and script is very much DIY. They pass you the code and it's up to your team to ensure it's been installed correctly. We had issues with our script at one point and the support was only able to get us so far.

Anosua M.
Logistik & Lieferkette, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

"Pendo rocks!"

Kommentare: Pendo has made my job as a product manager much easier because it helps lead with data, understand user journey through our platform and guide users in-app with minimal efforts!

Vorteile: Pendo has been incredibly helpful in uncovering insights regarding our platform users. The best things about Pendo has been -
1. Ease of implementation - It was very simple to deploy Pendo on our platform and start using the product
2. Ease of use - the application is super easy to understand and use
3. Features - the features that Pendo offers - user analytics, easy to build guides for users, NPS management - are the best tools for a product manager to really understand user behavior
4. Support - Pendo provides great support for any questions/issues with a good turnaround time.

Nachteile: The new visual designer is awesome but can be a little glitchy.

Danesh M.
Director of Product Management
Computer-Software, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 27.12.2018

"True analytics for product managers"

Vorteile: I really like the way it seamlessly integrates with our applications. Once integrated, it can pull analytics even if you do tag the pages/features at a later date, back in time to the original point of integration. I also find the segmentation framework where one can enhance the user identification data, integrate with salesforce information and more very valuable and insightful. Really very useful to be able to track usage and non-usage by persona and push out guides and surveys too.

Nachteile: Limited configurability and customization for personalization across multiple product managers who track and manage a software multiple modules.

• Bewertet am 27.12.2018
Monisha R.
Customer Success Manager
  • Bewertet am 25.4.2019

"Analytics data geared towards product teams"

Kommentare: For a product manager audience, Pendo is an excellent tool. Great for tracking product engagement, new feature adoption, and understanding overall behavior of your customer base.

Vorteile: Lots of potential for segmentation and reporting, allows for in-app messaging and guides to communicate information to customers, which has been great for launching new features or announcements. NPS automation has been really useful as well. Customer support has been great the couple times it's been needed. Overall very instrumental to our team in tracking engagement and customer health.

Nachteile: I believe Salesforce integration is an additional cost which is not ideal. Individual user data showing in-app activity doesn't have the best visual presentation, a bit clunky to interpret. App layout could be a bit more intuitive.

• Bewertet am 25.4.2019
Art Director
Finanzdienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 30.4.2019

"A nice tool for analytics and in app notification"

Kommentare: Data is necessary to make any decision. Pendo gives us an insight to our user base and allows us to iterate faster.

Vorteile: Pendo is an easy app to dive into. There are a lot of great features. I like the in app notifications, NPS and retroactively look at stats on an item I just tagged. What I really like the most is that you can tell Pendo is dedicated to constantly improving the product. They are constantly improving that app and functionality.

Nachteile: If you are going to use the notification or NPS feature, you need to have some basic HTML/CSS skills to get you notifications to look proper in your app. I have a few other small gripes, but for the most part it is an app that is constantly improving, so most of my minor problems just disappear over time.

Danny R.
Head Of Partnerships
  • Bewertet am 19.4.2019

"Pendo is instrumental to my day to day "

Vorteile: There's a lot to like about Pendo. Currently, we're only using the Guides to let folks know about upcoming maintenance and releases with the occasional marketing guide. That said, we're planning on leveraging Pendo even more to boost our product marketing practices with more feature tips, etc. The usage data is really helpful and being able to automatically run NPS surveys is great. There's also a ton of functionality in terms of Trends, Behaviors, Retention.

Nachteile: I don't really have many complaints with Pendo. The rollout of the new visual editor hasn't been seamless, but it's a huge change so some bumps are to be expected. I'd like some more options for data visualizations, but it's not a deal breaker.

Freelance Writer
  • Bewertet am 9.4.2018

"Awesome product that produces great in-app help and user analytics for every team in our company."

Kommentare: In-app help that doesn't require dev team time and includes flexibility when it comes to the look, feel, and experience of the help. User analytics that are easy to set up.

Vorteile: I love the flexibility of the product combined with the customer support and community that help inspire and create the in-app help I'm working on for my company. Plus, I only had to request a few minutes of my dev team's time to get up and running. From there on out, I'm able to take control of how, when, and where my in-app help displays. The depth and breadth of the user analytics we're able to pull out of Pendo help every team in our company from marketing to design to customer support.

Nachteile: It's easy to get started, but you realize very quickly that HTML/CSS/Javascript experience is needed to do anything more complex (at least until they come out with new features, which they seem to do very regularly and with customer input).

• Bewertet am 9.4.2018