Über Ghost

Schreibe und veröffentliche deinen eigenen Blog mit diesem Open-Source-Publishing-System.

Erfahre mehr über Ghost

Bewertungen zu Ghost

Ghost hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 41 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Ghost bereits verwendet?

Bruno C.
Bruno C.
IT Service Engineer in Brasilien
Forschung, Selbstständig

Ghost best CMS on the market, Ghost Pro, best platform for bloggers

Kommentare: Ghost is currently the best alternative for bloggers. It's good for personal websites or news magazines. There's built in integration with Stripe to charge monthly fees, It's very clean and easy of use both for the owner as for the guest of the blog. There are two ways of using Ghost: you can selfhost your own instance in some machine or use the "Ghost Pro" Service, a Platform as a Service.

Clean interface for administrator of the Content Management System. Good usability. Beautiful for guests. Not bloated with lots of tools, icons, and other stuff like Wordpress. Ghost Pro service is fast, reliable, and have good customer support.

Currently I'm using "Ghost Pro" since FEB 2020, and I'm very happy. The only issue is the cost, which is way higher than competitors. But because It's the best, I decided that for me it worth it.

Bark J.
Editor in USA
Medienproduktion, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Ghost managed hosting combined with Ghost 4.0 is a towering achievement

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Ghost gives me the tools to present our content and brand to viewers with confidence. They look at our site and know that quality content will be presented. This allows us to stand out from the crowd.

Ghost managed hosting is more than just a blogging platform following the release of 4.0 in March 2021. It is a membership site that helps our websites and blogs gain memberships that fund important projects for our journalists. The best thing about Ghost is that they do not take a portion of your income. Other popular options both take a percentage of revenue but Ghost managed hosting only charges a low monthly fee. The unique thing about managed hosting with Ghost is that Worldwide CDN is included, unlimited emails to members are included, managed updates of Ghost are included. Tons of additional features are available as well. The editor in Ghost is so conducive to producing great content. For many months, users have been offering opinions on things that should happen in the new update. Ghost took so many of these ideas and combined them to create something great. Ghost also has a unique look. The product and themes are very current, and it elevates the content because the website looks so good. Finally, I have to mention money. Ghost allows journalists to be independent. I cannot tell you how exciting it is to know that we have monthly revenue that comes in other than advertisers. Multiple streams of revenue is very important.

Of course, I would like another 500 memberships added to each tier. But the price is very fair. With Ghost 4.0, a new $9 a month tier was added. Previously a $29 a month tier was the lowest price. So I don't have much to complain about. But we are on a high tier.

Cem B.
Founder in Nepal
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

I GOT SCAMMED!

Kommentare: Highly dissappointed.

It's a great blog with easy to use features.

They changed my account plan without even asking! It's RIDICILOUS. When we check our finances we realised past 3 months we have paid double the amount of what we were paying without even knowing it! It's a big scam I cannot believe how they can do this without our approval. I will never use their platform ever again.

Kate B.
Kate B.
Editor in USA

Easy Headless CMS

It's typically pretty intuitive to add your content and there are lots of built-in features for distribution as well. It makes it super easy to manage a blog.

Some of the formatting is hard to fix if you copy and paste from another source. You can add HTML, but there's not a blanket HTML editor where you can fix any errors that you may have accidentally copied in.

Timo U.
CEO in Estland
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

iOS of making websites - nice UI and it just works

Kommentare: I used WordPress when they launched years ago, because it was best then. But now came Ghost. I feel like WordPress has transformed themselves into Microsoft - it's great thing if you like to use various plugins and whatever not. Ghost is as elegant as iPhone. All what's needed is there. Great UI, no extra fuss. While WordPress needs extra consulting to get it running, should you start anew.

I've been using it for a few years now and the latest version brings everything together you'd need for running a website: nice clean editor, member management, collecting payments (via Stripe), SEO customisation, newsletters. If you would like to do a similar thing on WordPress you'd need to patch it up with several 3rd party plugins. Ghost is easy-breezy.

Backing up the content itself is easy, but in-post images/media is still not supported.

Joseph G.
Developer in USA
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Fairly simplistic, but better than WordPress

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: I used Ghost for a little while to manage my personal website. It worked fairly well for me and creating a theme wasn't too difficult. I really liked the configuration file paradigm to set up routing and redirection as opposed to a fancy & bloated editor or control panel.

Ghost is based on Node as opposed to PHP, and is much faster and modern compared to competitors like WordPress. The API is very robust as well, making it easy for developers to integrate with it. It also has built-in SEO optimization (if you use a Handlebars-based themes), which is a big plus. The developers at the support forum are also really friendly and helpful too.

It is a little bit simplistic, only allowing you to have posts, static pages, and tags, so it isn't suitable for more complex needs. There isn't any built-in search functionality either. It also lacks a native GraphQL API endpoint as well.

Asit K.
Asit K.
Systems Engineer in Indien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Great publishing platform but there are a few hiccups

Ghost’s editor and theming systems are awesome! And it’s also blazing fast since it uses node.js and not PHP. Apart from that, the plugin ecosystem is very robust now and includes all sorts of things.

The native hosting options are useless and detracts beginners like me from using it. There are third party hosts like DigitalOcean but with just 1 GB of RAM, upgradation and maintenance is a headache. Also, it’s been years and still Ghost doesn’t have any native search functionality which is the most basic of things.

Tobias S.
Tobias S.
IT consultant in Schweden

Probably the best blog host available today

Kommentare: Ghost helped me quickly get started with my website, taking care of everything else so that I could focus on writing and building content.

Super easy to get started but still with so much room for tweaking and customizing. I built my side project entirely on Ghost and remained a happy customer for over two years, before I wanted more advanced features (integrated shop, forum, etc) that required me to look elsewhere.

I can't find anything bad to say about Ghost it's been a joy to use their product, I'll use it again for all my future projects, and I'd happily recommend it to my friends and colleagues.

George T.
George T.
Founder in UK

Cleaner, Faster and all round better than wordpress

Kommentare: Ghost lets me just focus on delivering my content - no more worries about servers - crashing themes and plugins

Getting started with ghost pro was really easy. There is limitless options for tweaking and customizing & the page load speeds are out of this world (Essential for SEO)

If you want to get into theme editing then you need a decent level of knowledge but even then there are plenty of online resources

Toni S.
Toni S.
Consultant, Partner in Finnland
11-50 Mitarbeiter

Incredibly easy to use and beautiful CMS for blogs. This is a tool for serious writers.

Kommentare: Ghost gave us an extremely easy and quick way to set up a blogging site. And it's a joy to use.

Ghost was quite easy to set up and extremely easy to use. For a content producer and blogger, this is the best CMS I've used this far, and way better than Wordpress in usability. This is really a software for writers. Excellent desktop app, too!

You need some IT savviness if you want to manage Ghost yourself and not host it on their platform (which is quite expensive). It's maybe not the most versatile CMS and if you need a big e-commerce site this probably isn't for you.

IT Consultant in Mexiko
Rechtsberatung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Long time WP user switching to Ghost

Kommentare: My overall experience has been good. As I said before, I come from Wordpress and it is a welcoming sight with its UI style and ease of use!

Ghost is what Wordpress used to be in the old days. When blogging was a big part of the Word.. processing platform. Now it has become like a swiss army knife trying to be so many things at the same time that it has become a burden to use for simple blog posting. So, that is why we switched to Ghost as its ease of use and interactivity is a welcoming sight!

Features! Not trying to be a douche here... I know memberships is an awesome feature but the lack of a clap/liking system and social sign up/login are a really bummer here. The users are the most important part of a blogging site and these features would add a lot to their experience. So with the addition of memberships the user has to pay for premium content but at the same time has no way of liking the content making sure that the content creator knows if it is likeable. My $2 cents.

Tim O.
Podcaster in USA
Unterhaltung, Selbstständig

Ghost has streamlined my podcasting, broadcasting, publishing businesss.

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: So far, I've increased newsletter readership, live-stream attendance, and revenue in this first month,

As the host of Infinite Plane Radio, I rely on an ability to sendout live-stream notifications. This is feature makes it easy to get members to opt-in to my websites. The issue has been, what is the optimal membership management website? Previously, I used a popular email-service and a popular site for patrons to support creators. Ghost.io does the function of BOTH of these. In fact, it does so better. The ease of use is unparalleled. The transition from my previous business to this one was under 24 hours. It's also very helpful that Ghost.io auto-integrates all of my podcast players. Finally, it allows you to separate mailing lists from paid and the unpaid members. This feature is very helpful when your objective is to convert more into sales. You can send 'complimentary' notifications and newsletters, etc. Overall, I think it's a great site. If you import your pre-existing email lists, you might wind up paying the premium sooner, however, the features makes it easy to afford the month fee. Finally, there is no cut taken from your subscriptions, so that premium payment is more than compensated for all around. Tim Ozman, Infinite Plane Radio Ghost has streamlined my podcasting, broadcasting, publishing businesss.

This site is great for membership-based businesses with newsletters. It may not entirely replace all the functions you get from your blogging sites. However, you can get custom integrations, so if it's not already built, chances are you can get it done.

Full Stack Developer in UK
Internet, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Best Node.js wordpress replacement, but not quite as flexible to extend as CMS

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: The community and online support from official maintainers of Ghost is exceptional and incredible well documented.

WordPress has been the go-to software for several years for website development for non-tech, Node.js popularity has made new system such as Ghost become the new go-to as it is faster. As a CMS does not provide easy the flexibility to extend its predefined structure to add more content to extend the functionality to provide a wider range of feature to a frontend application by using it as a Headless CMS.

Ghost is great if it is only used for blogging, publishing articles, but unless it is needed an extensive CMS, Ghost will not be the ideal application.

Miguel P.
Student in Spanien
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

The best blogging software out there

Kommentare: Ghost is an amazing tool that makes blogging seamless

Ghost doesn't only allow you to write articles. It provides you with the tools to sell memberships on your site, manage your writing team or integrate with hundreds of other different services.

If you want to self-host your Ghost installation you may run into some trouble, as it's not powered by the same stack as other solutions.

Lord gideon M.
Lord gideon M.
SEO Specialist in Philippinen

Ghost: Minimalist CMS for Personal Blogs

Kommentare: I use Ghost for my personal blog. It looks good even with just the basic themes. Hard to install if you do not have prior web development knowledge.

I like the straightforward writing experience. Ghost is a CMS made for writers.

Hard to setup for self-hosted Ghost websites. Customizability depends on the user's level of web development knowledge.

Rohit S.
Rohit S.
Marketing Lead in Indien
Informationsdienst, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

This tool is incredibly easy to use and beautiful CMS for blog

Kommentare: Ghost is a powerful CMS and easy to use.

This is one of the best CMS we have used so far. It is quite easy to set up and extremely easy to use. The desktop tool is also good. Also this tool is for those who wants to produce high quality content. Moreover, we can create different authors in tool and being admin we can provide access to different team members

I think one problem with this tool is that it does not have good plugins that wordpress offer

Sound Engineer in USA
Unterhaltung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Blogging is a Form of Creative Expression

We use this software called Ghost which is so easy to use. You just write, preview and publish what you wrote. I try to keep my articles to 1500 words or less so people don’t get tired of reading them. I also enjoy reading what the other employees are doing. Ghost is a great online outlet that can reach out to a lot of people.

The program sometimes freezes or lags when I’m using it. It only happened twice, but I haven’t encountered any problems lately, but I also don’t use it very often so I can’t say much.

Content & Community Manager in Portugal

The CMS For Tech Content

Blazing fast, with a very clean but powerful interface. Provides a clutter-free writing experience while also being very flexible in terms of customization. Writing in markdown works like a breeze. Their support team is very helpful and replies fast.

The migration process from 0.x to 2.x was quite a pain. It appears that further migrations will be easier.

John M.
technical support specialist in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Ghost

Kommentare: UEFI has been an issue at times when using Ghost.

Ghost offers a simplified way of imaging and has been reliable.

I don't have the option to take snap-shots.

Lou L.
CEO in USA
Unterhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

A fabulous home for your online publication.

Kommentare: As Medium tries to sort out what it is, and Wordpress continues on its cumbersome CMS path, the people at Ghost have really done a fabulous job at fulfilling a critical niche on the internet.

The set up, including a custom domain, is incredibly simple. The knowledge-base has all the information you need. The site is fast and the writing environment is truly wonderful to work in. I can't recommend this enough for an online publication.

Shockingly, there's not a whole lot I dislike about Ghost.

Thomas A.
Co-founder in Griechenland
Logistik & Lieferkette, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Smoothest blog experience

Kommentare: Amazing experience overall, will keep using any time I need a publishing tool

Clean look, lots of features, simple and intuitive, integrations with other software, community and attitude.

Not really dislikes, more of future improvements - better way to send post via email to the subscribers, better backup options.

Business Information Analyst in USA
Staatsverwaltung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Excellent blog and CMS for hobbyist up to professional use

Kommentare: I have set up blog sites for personal use using Ghost and I found it to be easier than alternative blogging software.

Ghost makes it very easy to get set up and blogging with the CMS and their optional hosting option.

Ghost is a breeze to use and their hosting definitely helps, but I tend to think the hosting is a bit pricey for what it does. Hosting with Ghost is optional though, you can set up your own server and install everything yourself.

Amy A.
Photographer in USA
Fotografie, Selbstständig

Ghost for blogging

Kommentare: Overall I’ve enjoyed using Ghost’s free trial. I would recommend.

-ease of use -ideal for beginners -free trial -preview mode -easy editing functions

-requires web hosting -some difficulty installing

Noelis Q.
Noelis Q.
Geografa in Brasilien

It is excellent for writing articles!

Kommentare: It is an excellent software for the creation of personal blogs, I really recommend it!

Is very nice, easy to use and configure. One very interesting thing that you have is the open source code. It is the best platform for blogs that I have used

is very good for personal blog creation but for business needs more support and does not have many add-ons. Apart from that I have nothing more to say

Robyn margaret M.
Robyn margaret M.
English Second Language Tutor in USA

Ghost is Easier than Wordpress and Very Convenient

Kommentare: Easy usability

The simplicity and cleanliness of this software makes blogging easy. It is open source so it is also free and you can add improvements as you see fit. The community surrounding this software is quite helpful and you can find help in many forums. Overall, it is an astoundingly simple and easy to use software that doesn't take any time out of writing. You don't have to work too hard, you can just focus on writing.

It is rather limited to just writing. It does not have all of the awesome features and plug-ins that you can add with Wordpress. So while it is a nice and easy software to use, you will find yourself limited if you want to do more with it than just publish plain text blog articles.