Über Diigo

Webbasiertes Informationsverwaltungssystem mit Lesezeichen, Tags, persönlicher Bibliothek, Hervorhebungen, Outliner und archivierten Webseiten.

Erfahre mehr über Diigo

Robyn margaret M.
English Second Language Tutor
  • Bewertet am 16.4.2018

"Collects Web Artciles for Blog Use for a Great Value"

Kommentare: Easy research and outline building

Vorteile: I like how simple this software is to use for blogging. The best part of this is how it collects and highlights articles for you to condense into your own work. You can turn this into an outline very easily. This makes writing research articles, like what I do for some of my travel blog clients and my clients who want buyer guides written, a breeze.

Nachteile: I dislike the "list" format. I wish I could just write like in a notebook, which is how I write best. This restricts creativity. I also have some issues with Internet connectivity and can't work offline.

• Bewertet am 16.4.2018
Hjalmar B.
Student
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 25.9.2018

"It's quite handy and useful"

Kommentare: As said before it is really handy. Nice to have an article view.

Vorteile: The features it offers to collect articles and text snaps from the web and pdf are quite nice and can be really useful. The outliner and "live" annotation and capturing tool are great. It's helpful to organize your "web-based" knowledge collection. Mobile as well.

Nachteile: The design is not really friendly and modern and the outliner functionality as well as the organization of the different topics could be improved, for exapmle through a folder structure.

• Bewertet am 25.9.2018
Edith B.
Teacher
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 7.5.2020

"What a great idea!"

Kommentare: Organizing and sharing links with colleagues has become so much easier with Diigo. I've converted a couple of friends!

Vorteile: I have just started to use Diigo after learning about it from a colleague during a workshop. Diigo makes it so easy to organize, find and use the endless links I'm always collecting.

Nachteile: I'm still exploring the features, but I haven't found anything annoying yet. The organizational capabilities of Diigo tamp down what might be annoying about collecting thousands of links.

• Bewertet am 7.5.2020
Senior Copywriter
Öffentlichkeitsarbeit und Kommunikation, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 14.4.2020

"Cool idea, not super modern or user-friendly"

Kommentare: While Diigo has certain elements that may be helpful for certain people, I don't see myself implementing it into my work or everyday life.

Vorteile: I did like how Diigo can attach as a browser extension making it easier to bookmark things at times (I have chrome). I liked how you are able to highlight specific parts on the texts or websites. You can even annotate them which is nice. You can tag the highlights and bookmarks, but I didn't do this often.

Nachteile: I had to download this for a class to see how we liked it... I didn't. I feel like the design is out of touch and I don't feel like I would use a lot of the element of the app like posting to different boards and discussions if it wasn't for a class. I like sleek designs and user-friendly software and I simply just don't really enjoy using it.

• Bewertet am 14.4.2020
Hjalmar B.
Student
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 23.11.2017

"Diigo is very nice foe collecting articles from the web. Pdf functionality is limited though."

Kommentare: Safing a lot of time organizing and collecting articles in the web and retrieving information. Nicly reading on my Smartphone.

Vorteile: The organization of collected web articles and the posibility to collect data there within and put it in an so called "outline" is very nice. And over time you can create a very comprehensive collection of information from various sources into a single list. The integration into chrome and firefox (mozilla) browser is almost outstanding. You can also store (upload) pdf and collect and organize information from within the pdf the same way you do with articles. Also the posibility to save and integrate fotos from the web is great. A safe and solid working mobile app.

Nachteile: The interface doesn't seem very friendly or organized at times. The use of pdfs is limited, especially on mobile phones, since you can not store the pdfs offline in the Diigo app. The download takes time and requires connection to the internet.
The outline only allows for lists and you cannot freely write like in a notebook. That would realy be a great addition as well.

• Bewertet am 23.11.2017
Rick P.
  • Bewertet am 15.9.2017

"Powerful bookmarking and research, tool, but maybe too powerful for its own good."

Vorteile: I'd been using diigo consistently for several years, primarily for bookmarking and list-making, until Pocket came along with its one-click-to-save feature. I set up an IFTTT recipe, however, to continue backing up bookmarks to diigo as well, and I've gone back to it every once in a while to re-evaluate its use-value for me. I never stick with it for long. There's a powerful feature set, however, and diigo should be on any researcher's short list of tools to evaluate.

Nachteile: Most of diigo's research tools are of little value to me as I would rather have one workspace with everything related to one topic easily accessible and organized, and collaboration-ready. Something like Dropbox Paper. Perhaps this is due to how I work. Adding outliners and phasing out lists makes a kind of sense but using outlines on the web is clumsy at best at the moment. diigo looks a little primitive as well right now without any sort of messaging or chat system for teams.

• Bewertet am 15.9.2017
Surender S.
  • Bewertet am 28.9.2018

"Amazing software for online research"

Kommentare: It was fantastic. Had no issues using it. It was incredibly simple to set up and get started with.

Vorteile: I loved how much easier to made my note taking and sharing when I do my work research online. Prior to this I was using about 3 different tools to keep track of the research material I was reading, temporarily bookmarking links and sharing the content. Diigo did all of that in one place which was fantastic. Also I loved that it just hooks right into your browser so there is no installation required (at least if you are using Chrome). All you have to do is to select text and then use the Diigo icon next to your mouse to save it, share or come back to it later. If you tend to do a lot of reading online then I cannot recommend it enough.

Nachteile: The premium versions are a little pricey. I would like to see them be more affordable.

• Bewertet am 28.9.2018
Jamie W.
Marketing Director
  • Bewertet am 23.10.2017

"Great program for research that allows you to save highlighted text from websites all to one place."

Kommentare: The ability to easily highlight important text on multiple website and bookmark it all into one place.

Vorteile: This bookmarking software was first introduced to me while working on a research project for a class I was taking. It made it extremely convenient to save snip-its of information from various websites all in one place. In the past I would either bookmark the whole website or copy and paste the info I need to notepad. There is also the ability to share the bookmark with other people which worked out great when I had to do a project with several classmates.

Nachteile: As a free user you are given limited usage of the software including a limit on how many words you can highlight and bookmarks. If it is a tool that is used very often, it is worth spending.

• Bewertet am 23.10.2017
  • Bewertet am 28.12.2018
  • Bewertet am 28.12.2018
Matt M.
  • Bewertet am 13.12.2016

"Long-time user and fan, but the jury is out on current update"

Kommentare: I have used Diigo for several years and am very pleased with the service bookmarking/tagging is great, but highlighting on the web is the killer feature. The new update is certainly more modern looking, and I very much appreciate the archiving feature I may end up paying for it but having it default to that rather than sending you to the real link is a little bit of a pain. I wish it gave you more options there. If you're looking at Diigo, look at Pinboard as well. Slightly different set of features, but both seem like nice services.

• Bewertet am 13.12.2016