Über FortiClient

Web-Filterung, WAN-Optimierung, Anwendungs-Firewall und Antivirus / Anti-Malware-Funktionalität für Laptops, PCs und mobile Geräte.

Erfahre mehr über FortiClient

Georg c. L.
Vice President
Einzelhandel, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 28.1.2019

"Easy to Setup"

Kommentare: FortiClient is a quick and nearly effortless way to add VPN access to your FortiNet firewall.

Vorteile: I'm a relative beginner when it comes to setting up IT network infrastructure. It's not something I've had any training in, other than watching YouTube videos and reading instructional walk-throughs. With that said, we bought two FortiWalls for some small family owned businesses, and utilizing FortiClient for third-party access to systems, as well as remote access from home, setup was a breeze. Within a few clicks you can setup relatively robust VPN connections, linking 2 or more stores together, plus adding remote access from home or on the road. I believe you can also use FortiClient to establish VPN connections to non-Fortinet firewalls, but I have not tested that.

Nachteile: I've only run across this issue once, on one client computer, and I'm not sure exactly what was the cause, but after installing FortiClient on a laptop, all internet functions ceased to work. The only way to regain use of the networking hardware, was to uninstall the virtual networking hardware components installed with FortiClient. I have not seen this happen anywhere else, and that laptop had several other virtual networking devices and VPN softwares installed, so I'm assuming there was some conflict or another.

• Bewertet am 28.1.2019
Fernando D.
SAP BW Consultant
  • Bewertet am 26.4.2019

"Stable and reliable VPN Service"

Kommentare: I use it to access a customer's network and I need to thrust it. And I do. It helps me doing my job and I'm not worried about my data or my customer's network being sniffed, the service seems to be reliable. I connect once a day and the connection lasts all the time. It doesn't route all my traffic to the destination VPN server, instead, only the resources being accessed in their network are transfered by FortiClient.

Vorteile: FortiClient is easy to set up and get running on Windows 10. All you need to know is the IP or DNS from the VPN Server, a username and password. You can set up and connect very quickly and, according to you connection's reliability, it never goes down. It's fast (not much overheaded) and don't impact on computer's performance even on system's start-up.

Nachteile: I don't know exactly what kind of mechanism it uses to tunnel the network packages but its some technology that are causing troubles on Windows 7 systems. I was using FortiClient in a Windows 7 virtual machine some months ago and it suddenly stopped working now, I guess it was some update that caused it. I have spent many hours trying to get it working with no success. On my Windows 10 Host machine it works, so I'm using on it now as a workaround.

• Bewertet am 26.4.2019
Traci C.
Field Director
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 29.5.2020

"VPN Connects our Remote Ministry Staff"

Kommentare: FortiClient has been an easy, effective system to work with. It allows our Staff to securely access and share our entire filing system over the network.

Vorteile: Foriclient allows our remote staff to securely share and store files and easily access them when we're connected to the VPN. This system allows us to share files and access them remotely without having having to use storage space on our personal devices.

Nachteile: Occasionally I have to log on multiple times. I don't know if this is an error in entering my password, or if it just has trouble connecting. I can still connect; sometimes I just have to enter my password more than once. In addition the only downside to using the VPN is that if it is down for any reason, I cannot access our shared Staff files.

• Bewertet am 29.5.2020
Moshe E.
Software Architect
Internet, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 17.12.2018

"I'm just a user, and it isn't awesome for me."

Kommentare: It enables me to work on sensitive servers and connections from practically anywhere, that is good enough to use it in this market beyond all its shortcomings.

Vorteile: It allows me to connect to my company's VPN securely - that in itself is an awesome thing. It has a client for Ubuntu which most vendors ignore, also good. but that's about it .

Nachteile: I'm referring specifically to the Ubuntu client, I don't know much about others - it has a lot to improve. It doesn't save my settings permanently - what I mean that every few days it gets corrupted somehow - don't know how - and I have to re-input the host, port and username. And it does have a profiles screen, so it was built to save this, but like I said every few days that list gets deleted...

• Bewertet am 17.12.2018
Systems Administrator
Lebensmittelproduktion, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 24.3.2020

"The Perfect Lightweight Endpoint Solution"

Kommentare: Overall, I am very happy with my usage of Forticlient. It does exactly what I need our endpoint solution to do, without weighing my users' computers down. As an added bonus, the included VPN works perfectly with my Fortigate firewalls.

Vorteile: I like that it keeps nefarious actors and services off of my computers, and administers system updates to them as well. This works consistently, and rarely needs any intervention.

Nachteile: Adding new computers is a little cumbersome, as they must first be added to the correct domain OU, then the domain must be refreshed in the Forticlient admin centre.

• Bewertet am 24.3.2020
Rob R.
Administrator
Versicherung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 9.4.2020

"Easy to implement VPN client"

Kommentare: I was pleasantly surprised by the ease of setup and even more pleased by the price. In one day we were able to setup employees to work from home with no down time.

Vorteile: FortiClient makes it easy to setup remote employees to access local resources. Installation is quick and painless. Configuration of the client is (almost) fool proof.

Nachteile: Doesn't include any utilities to help with common remote work issues such as slow printing over the VPN. Being a free product, though, I'm not sure that would be a reasonable expectation. Also, admin configuration on the FortiGate can help remedy those issues.

• Bewertet am 9.4.2020
Frank B.
EVP
  • Bewertet am 16.9.2019

"FortiClient"

Kommentare: The product does its job without any surprises, it runs on the workstation will a low-impact on systems resources.

Vorteile: Product is offered as part of the Fortigate Firewall solution. This product will give any small business up to 10 users (and it's free up to 10 users), antivirus protection for all 10 endpoints. The product will sync with the FortiGate Firewall solution and give you the ability to apply rules directly on each workstation, that the software is loaded on.

Nachteile: You must have a good understanding of the Fortigate solution, to set-up and correctly have the FortiClient work correctly. Once you have it configured correctly, everything should run smooth with any issues.

• Bewertet am 16.9.2019
Dy. Manager
  • Bewertet am 12.6.2020

"Great tool for security, endpoint protection and remote access through VPN"

Kommentare: This is one of the must-have tools for teams working remotely and accessing critical data from Business systems like ERP. I use it daily for remote access through VPN and found it fast and easy. Deployment without pre-configuration may be difficult for large-scale requirements.

Vorteile: It is quite fast and easy to use. We use it daily for accessing our SAP systems and the process is as simple as entering username and password. The connection is stable and fast, with almost no waiting. The program also doesn't consume significant system resources and doesn't cause slowdowns. It has auto-update feature which adds to its security.

Nachteile: It was difficult to deploy the application across user laptops without help of the IT team. Further, it can't be pre-configured as per business needs, so certain settings need to manually setup. During logins for Remote access through VPN, we have to see the unnecessary alert to accept server access which should have been handled by the application itself.

• Bewertet am 12.6.2020
Anil K.
Jr software engineer
  • Bewertet am 27.4.2020

"Secure vpn software"

Kommentare: Forticlient has a really good User interface, easy to set up, and can connect to the company server from anywhere.

Vorteile: The latest update they have provided a password saving and automatic connect which saves a lot of time. Secure and easy to setup.

Nachteile: Some time forticlient won't work properly need to reconnect, rarely we see this issue rest everything is fine.

• Bewertet am 27.4.2020
Natalie D.
Digital Marketing
Halbleiter, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 26.3.2020

"Great for Working from Home"

Kommentare: Been really happy, has made working from home really easy.

Vorteile: Since transitioning to working from home, Forticlient has been so helpful to keep everyone connected to the server and each other.

Nachteile: So far the only complaint I have had was it took a while to download and our team needed help from IT to get setup.

• Bewertet am 26.3.2020
Alex W.
Technology Consultant
  • Bewertet am 8.9.2017

"Always improving, good support, great for schools"

Kommentare: A solid, fairly easy to use AV/UTM client

Vorteile: Even if you don't use an EMS server, and just install FortiClient, it's a solid AV with built-in web filter that defaults to at least blocking the worst stuff. It's great for schools in that way, because it means you can install it and have some piece of mind without any more configuration. If you want to get EMS, it gives you even more control; you can basically treat it just like the UTM features on a FortiGate firewall. In fact, you can run it through your FortiGate and just have everyone using the same policy all the time, with no need for extra configuration We also use it for a handful of VPNs, and it does a great job with our several FortiGates

Nachteile: The current version (5.6) defaults to installing only the VPN client, so you need to "Customize" the install. This should be right in the workflow, instead of requiring "Advanced" options just to enable AV and UTM. Actually, AV should be enabled by default, and VPN should be optional. Oh yeah, and you *must* install the VPN client, even if you don't intend to use it

• Bewertet am 8.9.2017
Rene S.
Bekleidung & Mode, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 12.12.2019

"Great endpoint security"

Kommentare: We've been using forticlient as our endpoint security in our office, it's been working just great. It detects infected files and quarantines them , their antivirus database is very up to date and get updated to your workstation automatically. This is a great security application and it works even better if you link it to the fortinet fortigate firewall. Some of our users use the VPN functionality to access certain devices on the network securely when they're outside of the office.

Vorteile: It's free. You get the free features like antivirus, website filter, spam blocker etc. You can unlock its full features if you link it to your fortinet fortigate firewall. You also have the option to establish a VPN from the endpoint to your network through the fortigate firewall.

Nachteile: No automatic application updates, you need to download and install a the application when a new version is released. The AV database does get updated automatically so no issues there.

• Bewertet am 12.12.2019
Software Engineer
Gastgewerbe, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 19.3.2019

"FortiClient review"

Kommentare: One of the main business problems has solved for us in our company using FortiClient is that any time we can rely on the VPN for quick connections and get into the server is assist out client whenever in need. We have solved support tickets much faster after using FortiClient.

Vorteile: I have been using FortiClient for over 6 months for accessing one of my clients' hosted servers, mainly for updating our Application on their server so they can get the up to date features to utilize our BI tool. FortiClient has some many features such as; Endpoint protection with two-factor authentication I can sign on to remotely access the server, Secondly, FortiClient has a file browser window to find for any location of the file, File transfers, chat window and much more. Third, FortiClient offers a system scan of local pc to look for any threats that might hijack the server, but mostly FortiClient shows me possible exploits before infecting file and registries. Lastly, VPN logging provides a detail report of who accessed the server and the information of the user.

Nachteile: I guess nothing that comes to mind of any negative review in my case using FortiClient.

• Bewertet am 19.3.2019
Shawn B.
Industrieautomation, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 20.12.2019

"FortiClient"

Kommentare: Overall FortiClient has served this company well with zero complaints.

Vorteile: FortiClient is FortiGate's SSLVPN client to securely connect remote employees to your network. We've used FortiGate firewall appliances for years. We have nearly half of our sales force scattered across North America and have always relied on FortiClient to securely connect them to our network wherever they are. Easy to setup, deploy, and maintain.

Nachteile: No real cons. The software does what it's supposed to do and does it well. On occasion users have reported a slow connection but that's more related to their internet connection (hotel, rural) rather than the software.

• Bewertet am 20.12.2019
Serge S.
Druck, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 17.10.2018

"Great VPN client with lots of security features"

Vorteile: For most Fortigate customers, Forticlient is granted. It is a great VPN client, very stable and with great features (ie. automatic reconnect, AD integration at Fortigate level, …). It also is integrated with the security features (antivirus, firewall, …). I am not sure Forticlient is to be used by non Fortinet customers; but it should bring every IT Manager to look into Fortinet as their firewall solution!

Nachteile: Finding updates on their website not always intuitive! Lacks a bit of central management (or I did not find out how to do it).

• Bewertet am 17.10.2018
Matthew C.
Software Developer
Bau
  • Bewertet am 21.3.2018

"The Fortinet Firewalls work incredibly well however the VPN client needs some attention. "

Kommentare: Keeps malware out and protects my company's network with top endpoint security. Allows easy access to my company's network even out of the office.

Vorteile: When it comes to phishing and malicious URL detection, FortiClient is hands down the software recommended for the job. Basic setup of the firewall is easy and intuitive but you can also take full advantage of the FortiClient's webfilter, antivirus and the application sensor modules. I switched to Fortinet from Cisco and iv'e never been happier.

Nachteile: Unfortunately i do sometimes have issues with the FortiClient VPN. It's quiet buggy and often requires reboots to reconnect sometimes.

• Bewertet am 21.3.2018
Jake B.
Information Technology Professional
Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 8.11.2018

"Forticlient protects your organization "

Kommentare: Overall the product works well. It provides virus protection a step above built in malware scanners and allows a VPN connection into a work network. I do also find having the software run on my computer takes a few hours off of my battery life on my computer.

Vorteile: It allows me to communicate with my work network securely and maintain security standards around the organization.

Nachteile: It would be pretty difficult for an end user to configure if your organization did not have a way to deploy a preconfigured client.

• Bewertet am 8.11.2018
Network Administrator
Maschinerie, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 27.11.2018

"FortiClient SSLVPN"

Kommentare: Since we are running fortigates, the forticlient sslvpn piece provides the single pane of glass management we prefer. Add in MFA and you are running a pretty secure setup.

Vorteile: I was able to implement the free version of FortiClient and detail it to work within our environment. Alternate vendor MFA setup was easy to implement with the client.

Nachteile: Issue's with authentication lockouts. Still working through the bugs but the sslvpn is working as expected. Licensing can get a bit pricey.

• Bewertet am 27.11.2018
Richard V.
  • Bewertet am 24.8.2018

"FortiClient sofware review"

Kommentare: This security suite is very useful and provide a set of tools (antivirus, firewall, vpn client) that working together make us feel great confidence about the security e integrity of the information stored in our devices like PCs, Laptos, USB. Higly recomended.

Vorteile: - Integrated suite which included antivirus, firewall and vpn client.
- Oriented to corporate uses.
- Allow to make a backup of the configuration.
- Provide security to the configuration panel using password.
- Antispam and web filter functionalities available.
- Quickly Security threats detection .

Nachteile: - Antyspam functionality only working with outlook.

• Bewertet am 24.8.2018
Backbone Engineer
Telekommunikation, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 1.3.2020

"Easy VPN connectivity"

Kommentare: Its nice VPN tool to access your office network when you are working remotely. I would say its a good tool for for business who want to improve security.

Vorteile: 1 - Great protection against Viruses and malware. 2 -It provide Integrated VPN access. 3 - Easy to setup.

Nachteile: 1- It does not update automatically. 2- sometime Losing VPN connection without any reason. 3 - It could be Challenging to install for someone who is not from IT background.

• Bewertet am 1.3.2020
Senior Software Engineer
  • Bewertet am 31.5.2019

"secure connections"

Vorteile: I have been using this application for 2 years. there are other sub-companies affiliated with the company I work for and we have to give them support. but we work in different locations. we are even working in different cities. After installing this application as if we were in the same building as the other companies have created a virtual network. The application with this feature was very helpful.

Nachteile: I cannot comment on the negative because I have not experienced any bad situation during the use and installation of the application.

• Bewertet am 31.5.2019
Andreas N.
Systems Engineer
  • Bewertet am 27.8.2018

"Antivirus, Web filtering, VPN, Vulnerability Scanner and Application Firewall in a single product!"

Kommentare: I have been using FortiClient for a couple of years now, at the beginning for VPN connections and eventually also as an Antivirus. I really like the Vulnerability Scanning module, which can keep you up to date with all vulnerable software.

Vorteile: the Vulnerability Scanner, which can detect outdated applications and other security issues with recommendations for patching or upgrading the affected software.

Nachteile: nothing, everything seems to work great!

• Bewertet am 27.8.2018
Taylor B.
Director of Software Engineering
  • Bewertet am 16.7.2019

"We use FortiClient remote access to connect to client VPN and I wish all my clients used it"

Kommentare: We need to connect to client VPN on a daily basis. After a quick setup we easily connect daily and have not experienced any issues with this VPN since we started using it.

Vorteile: It was very easy to setup and start connecting to our client's databases through this VPN. They sent over the connection criteria and we were connected within minutes. Easy to setup, easy to use.

Nachteile: Nothing I don't like at the moment, no complaints.

• Bewertet am 16.7.2019
Arun R.
Lead - Business Intelligence
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 7.2.2020

"Forticlient Review"

Kommentare: Very good. VPN is quick and stable. Has endpoint security and protection.

Vorteile: Easy to use and download. Light weight application which helps in connecting to remote systems and there are anti virus scans too.

Nachteile: The application will not prevent the computers going to sleep mode. If it does not connect we do not have detailed error messages. May be they can improve in this aspect.

• Bewertet am 7.2.2020
Juan josé C.
Gerente de Sistemas y Tecnología de la Información
1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 14.6.2018

"Excelent product, i use daily"

Kommentare: Support to corporate networks in a safe and effective way

Vorteile: Easy to use, easy to install, connections are secure towards fortigate equipment.
Vulnerability analysis on the client computer helps to keep the pc updated.

Nachteile: the client version depends on fortigate firmware and fortigate updates only with enterprise with maintenance, limiting the functionality to a support contract

• Bewertet am 14.6.2018