FortiClient Erfahrungen

Über FortiClient

Web-Filterung, WAN-Optimierung, Anwendungs-Firewall und Antivirus / Anti-Malware-Funktionalität für Laptops, PCs und mobile Geräte.

Erfahre mehr über FortiClient

I was invited as a user to install, configure and use this VPN software. I received all the instructions by email and for me, my area of expertise is technical support, it was very easy.

Its security features as its annoying and pop ups frequently. As we have other antivirus its not of any use.

Bewertungen zu FortiClient

FortiClient hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,4 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 210 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du FortiClient bereits verwendet?

Jonathan Alexander
Jonathan Alexander
IT infrastructure analyst in Dominikanische Republik
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

An excellent tool to make your VPN connections secure and stable

5,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: I have used this product for several years to remotely access the company from distant locations, which has helped me to be able to continue my work and at the same time to be able to provide assistance to users who have problems with the services we offer. It should be noted that with this tool the VPN access is configured according to the privileges assigned to the user who uses the VPN. it has been very helpful as he can access the servers and continue to configure from outside the office

What I like most about this tool is its easy configuration and above all that it is a safe way to access my work environment from remote locations with strong and secure encryption.

I would say that a very stable connection is needed to be able to keep the connection active, otherwise it disconnects

Armando
Armando
Programmer Analyst in Dominikanische Republik
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Excellent Remote Access Solution

Kommentare: I use Forticlient to connect to the office remotely and to protect my computer from viruses and threats. I access servers and databases daily without difficulty and I am satisfied with the experience obtained at the time.

It is an easy-to-configure tool that allows effective and efficient connectivity to our local networks from anywhere outside our offices.

At the moment I have no complaints about the tool, I use it daily without difficulty or risk and safely.

Mansi
Lead TA in Indien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Forticlient Review when Used for a VPN connections

3,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Overall Experience is good. Previously we use to connect with globalProtect but compared to it Forticlient is user friendly.

The software is easy to install and upgrade Login to VPN requires authentication which is very nicely set up in this software. Generally, we use OTP/Call authentication on Cell and we get passkeys within seconds and no need to wait.

The authentication/Login process is easy and speedy but as soon as your system is locked or stayed idle for a longer time, it will auto disconnect and you would need to log in again with the credentials and authentication. So in a day, we need to go through this login process multiple times and which is very tiring.

IT in Kambodscha
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Forticlient Powerful VPN for business

Kommentare: well as we are a nonprofit we have some sensitive data and need to protect by using Fortinet, and most of the systems we are hosting in-house so Fortinet is the perimeter firewall to protect it, during staff working from home as covid until now they use VPN to connect to the Fortinet firewall first to be able to access to the internal system.

it's lite software but powerful that enables users to connect to VPN and access the internal system pretty well. Users can connect to VPN faster as we can connect with the Active directory of their computer. the best thing that I like it separates the traffic between local traffic and VPN traffic, it is not set as the default traffic with VPN. this make user still has the best latency of accessing another website

well, it's pretty good already, i have been using it for 3 years already.

Matthew
Senior Application Solution Analyst in Neuseeland
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Simple to configure and simple to use but some users report disconnections

4,0 letzte Woche Neu

Kommentare: Overall Forticlient has been a great tool. Its simple to use interface and config make it great for all skill levels.

Forticlient is easy to deply and configure - as simple as a website download and the adding your URL to the config screen. Also login is simple because it integrates with our Active Directory so we can use our usual login info - no additional passwords to remember.

Some users report connection issues with no apparent cause. It can have long periods of connection and short periods of many disconnections, which is frustrating for users engaging with mission-critical applications and infrastructure.

Ricardo
network analyst in Dominikanische Republik

FortiClient Anayst

4,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

The Fortinet VPN offers many advantages. You can use it when you want to browse the Internet and if you don't like the security that your current web browser provides. The best part is that you won't have to worry about your private information being intercepted by hackers.

One of the things I don't like is that in each version some aspect changes, either in configuration or how the dashboard is organized.

Mxolisi Vusumuzi
IT Technician in Südafrika

The simplest VPN to use

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: We used for remote access to resolve issues, we used protect information by mitigating cyber attacks and preventing unathorised users to access RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol)

Easy to install and use ,working as untivirus to scan virus, has more features, very fast to connect with the active directory.

Lockout user accounts if you entired wrong password, not easy to configure if you do not have IT background and not updating automatically.

Victor
Analyst Infraestructure in Dominikanische Republik
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

excellent VPN to connect to your work environment

4,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

currently used it as a VPN to connect to my work environment, it is good, and stable, it maintains the connection without interruptions so that you can work calmly from the comfort of your home, squares or wherever you are more comfortable

I don't really have anything negative to say right now

Adam
Service Manager in USA
Bau, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Review of Product Software

5,0 letzte Woche Neu

Kommentare: We are thrilled to have found FortiClient for our business! We won't need to switch ever again!

My favorite features of FortiClient are the remote access-control, activity dashboard, and real time monitoring. We need assurance that our data is accessible, safe, and protected on a daily basis. This software is a breeze to deploy and integrates quickly and easily to our existing software suite.

Can't find anything wrong with this terrific software!

Enrico
Enrico
Language Technologies Expert in Frankreich
Übersetzung und Lokalisierung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

VPN access in a click

5,0 vor 6 Tagen Neu

Kommentare: VPN access while working from home is essential, and FortiClient is really easy to use: i can Connect to and of my VPNs in just one click.

It's really easy to use it. Once set up, VPN access is just a click away

Rarely the interface on the toolbar freezes, but maybe that's just on me.

Suhaila
Suhaila
Frontend Web Developer in Malaysia
Unterhaltung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Solution for Cyber protection

We handle a lot of sensitive and classified financial information at the organization, and we've had attempted computer cyber-attacks in the past that thankfully did not result in any harm to our business, and we were concerned if it happened again. We have more confidence in the privacy and security of our communication and information after implementing the FortiClient system.

To have a satisfying experience, the project duration time and level of the personnel responsible for deployment and administration must be sufficient. For us, we encountered issues with the complexity of connecting our networking system with other applications an hoping for much better solution for that issues.

Fernando
Fernando
SAP BW Consultant in Brasilien

Stable and reliable VPN Service

Kommentare: I use it to access a customer's network and I need to thrust it. And I do. It helps me doing my job and I'm not worried about my data or my customer's network being sniffed, the service seems to be reliable. I connect once a day and the connection lasts all the time. It doesn't route all my traffic to the destination VPN server, instead, only the resources being accessed in their network are transfered by FortiClient.

FortiClient is easy to set up and get running on Windows 10. All you need to know is the IP or DNS from the VPN Server, a username and password. You can set up and connect very quickly and, according to you connection's reliability, it never goes down. It's fast (not much overheaded) and don't impact on computer's performance even on system's start-up.

I don't know exactly what kind of mechanism it uses to tunnel the network packages but its some technology that are causing troubles on Windows 7 systems. I was using FortiClient in a Windows 7 virtual machine some months ago and it suddenly stopped working now, I guess it was some update that caused it. I have spent many hours trying to get it working with no success. On my Windows 10 Host machine it works, so I'm using on it now as a workaround.

Systems Administrator in Kanada
Lebensmittelproduktion, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

The Perfect Lightweight Endpoint Solution

Kommentare: Overall, I am very happy with my usage of Forticlient. It does exactly what I need our endpoint solution to do, without weighing my users' computers down. As an added bonus, the included VPN works perfectly with my Fortigate firewalls.

I like that it keeps nefarious actors and services off of my computers, and administers system updates to them as well. This works consistently, and rarely needs any intervention.

Adding new computers is a little cumbersome, as they must first be added to the correct domain OU, then the domain must be refreshed in the Forticlient admin centre.

Matthew
Informatics Manager in Kanada

FortiClient - VPN for the win

Kommentare: It's been a seamless tool, a very helpful one in connecting to the office while away on a business trip or logging in from home. It has very little upkeep need and also brings a level of security when connecting back to the office. Overall it's been a very good experience!

FortiClient VPN has made connecting back to the office a very simplistic task - the ease of use is a huge win and knowing an extra level of security is there is also brings piece of mind. The connection is fast and after the connection it runs in the background quietly and effectively.

The initial setup is a bit cumbersome but yet to be expected with setting up you internal network and to ensure the connection is correct. The actual use again is easy, there is not much that needs to be done by the end user.

Alex
Technology Consultant in USA

Always improving, good support, great for schools

Kommentare: A solid, fairly easy to use AV/UTM client

Even if you don't use an EMS server, and just install FortiClient, it's a solid AV with built-in web filter that defaults to at least blocking the worst stuff. It's great for schools in that way, because it means you can install it and have some piece of mind without any more configuration. If you want to get EMS, it gives you even more control; you can basically treat it just like the UTM features on a FortiGate firewall. In fact, you can run it through your FortiGate and just have everyone using the same policy all the time, with no need for extra configuration We also use it for a handful of VPNs, and it does a great job with our several FortiGates

The current version (5.6) defaults to installing only the VPN client, so you need to "Customize" the install. This should be right in the workflow, instead of requiring "Advanced" options just to enable AV and UTM. Actually, AV should be enabled by default, and VPN should be optional. Oh yeah, and you *must* install the VPN client, even if you don't intend to use it

Wilfrido
Business Development in Mexiko
Buchhaltung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

An additional level of protection for our corporate communications.

Kommentare: Talking about FortiClient is knowing that you have one of the leading solutions in the market, giving us peace of mind in the transmission of our information and helping greatly in obtaining management certifications such as ISO 27001. The cost is affordable if you compare it with the tranquility or the possible damage of a problem that compromises your data or those of the clients.

At the firm we handle a high amount of sensitive and confidential financial information in our operation, in the past we have received attempted computer attacks that fortunately did not represent a damage to our reputation, but we were uneasy if it were to be repeated. Since we implemented the FortiNet solution, we have greater peace of mind that our information and communications are kept private and secure.

The implementation time and the level of the people responsible for the deployment and management must be sufficient to have a satisfactory experience, in our case we had problems in the complexity of integrating with our network and other software.

Georg C.
Georg C.
Vice President in USA
Einzelhandel, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Easy to Setup

Kommentare: FortiClient is a quick and nearly effortless way to add VPN access to your FortiNet firewall.

I'm a relative beginner when it comes to setting up IT network infrastructure. It's not something I've had any training in, other than watching YouTube videos and reading instructional walk-throughs. With that said, we bought two FortiWalls for some small family owned businesses, and utilizing FortiClient for third-party access to systems, as well as remote access from home, setup was a breeze. Within a few clicks you can setup relatively robust VPN connections, linking 2 or more stores together, plus adding remote access from home or on the road. I believe you can also use FortiClient to establish VPN connections to non-Fortinet firewalls, but I have not tested that.

I've only run across this issue once, on one client computer, and I'm not sure exactly what was the cause, but after installing FortiClient on a laptop, all internet functions ceased to work. The only way to regain use of the networking hardware, was to uninstall the virtual networking hardware components installed with FortiClient. I have not seen this happen anywhere else, and that laptop had several other virtual networking devices and VPN softwares installed, so I'm assuming there was some conflict or another.

Presales in Mauritius

FortiClient

Kommentare: Another simple and easy to use solution from Fortinet. It does not consume much cpu and memory while actively running or in the background. FortiClient integrates well with your existing Fortinet environment.

The ease of integration with Fortinet security fabric!

All the features are there and there nothing lacking for now.

Rene
IT Manager in USA
Bekleidung & Mode, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Great endpoint security

Kommentare: We've been using forticlient as our endpoint security in our office, it's been working just great. It detects infected files and quarantines them , their antivirus database is very up to date and get updated to your workstation automatically. This is a great security application and it works even better if you link it to the fortinet fortigate firewall. Some of our users use the VPN functionality to access certain devices on the network securely when they're outside of the office.

It's free. You get the free features like antivirus, website filter, spam blocker etc. You can unlock its full features if you link it to your fortinet fortigate firewall. You also have the option to establish a VPN from the endpoint to your network through the fortigate firewall.

No automatic application updates, you need to download and install a the application when a new version is released. The AV database does get updated automatically so no issues there.

Eric
Director of Information Security in USA

Next-gen Antimalware Tool

Kommentare: As long as you are using it with the Endpoint Management Server, I think it's pretty tough to beat as far as configuration options go. I've manually tested FortiClient with samples from Malware Bazaar, Hybrid Analysis, and a couple other sites, and it has blocked everything that I've thrown at it.

The ability to integrate the AV Sandbox into FortiClient was a big deal for me. This allows us to use all the standard antimalware features from FortiClient, plus the sandboxing for any previously unknown threats.

The process to update FortiClient on all of our endpoints has gotten a little more manual with the past could versions. Previously you could push out batch updates from the Endpoint Management Server, but now I have to manually install updates on all of out endpoints.

Nandy
Administrative Assistant in Barbados
Finanzdienstleistungen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Forticlient VPN makes work from home possible!

Kommentare: My company uses forticlient for remote work. When Covid-19 prevented persons from being in close proximity to each other, forticlient saved the day by giving persons the ability to work from home without skipping a beat or missing out on anything. It is a must-have for small companies.

Easy to download and set up Allows employees access to work server and work files It is free for what we use it for which is the VPN option It is SAFE!!! which is super important because we deal with very sensitive information.

When multiple persons are on it at the same time, the connection can drop and that can create a whole mess. It gives no alert when the connection drops, the only way you know is when you suddenly can't access work files. If the computer goes to sleep, you will have to log in all over again because the connection will drop.

Software Engineer in USA
Gastgewerbe, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

FortiClient review

Kommentare: One of the main business problems has solved for us in our company using FortiClient is that any time we can rely on the VPN for quick connections and get into the server is assist out client whenever in need. We have solved support tickets much faster after using FortiClient.

I have been using FortiClient for over 6 months for accessing one of my clients' hosted servers, mainly for updating our Application on their server so they can get the up to date features to utilize our BI tool. FortiClient has some many features such as; Endpoint protection with two-factor authentication I can sign on to remotely access the server, Secondly, FortiClient has a file browser window to find for any location of the file, File transfers, chat window and much more. Third, FortiClient offers a system scan of local pc to look for any threats that might hijack the server, but mostly FortiClient shows me possible exploits before infecting file and registries. Lastly, VPN logging provides a detail report of who accessed the server and the information of the user.

I guess nothing that comes to mind of any negative review in my case using FortiClient.

Gihan
Gihan
IT Officer in Sri Lanka
Bankwesen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Good Remote Access Soluction

Kommentare: Over all this is very good remote connection solution and really help full when I'm connecting to my corporate network with fast connection and easy setup.

This is very easy to install & configure. You have only to download, Install, and put your corporate VPN details. very simple and really very secure with 2FA.

Most of the times the VPN connection going down without any exact reason and have to connect again and again. And also license cost is bit higher.

Irfan
Deputy Manager in Pakistan
Automotive, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Cyber Protection Solution.

Kommentare: My Co was facing network management issues before Forticlient, Now all management from single windows and efficient with secure VPN to manage all office needs from remote locations.

A complete solution with high level End-to-End threat control solution VPN (SSL & IP Sec for pvt networks) with auto connect feature . very lightweight client for all levels. Price.

Memory utilization is very high. Hanging issue occurred while using

Traci
Field Director in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

VPN Connects our Remote Ministry Staff

Kommentare: FortiClient has been an easy, effective system to work with. It allows our Staff to securely access and share our entire filing system over the network.

Foriclient allows our remote staff to securely share and store files and easily access them when we're connected to the VPN. This system allows us to share files and access them remotely without having having to use storage space on our personal devices.

Occasionally I have to log on multiple times. I don't know if this is an error in entering my password, or if it just has trouble connecting. I can still connect; sometimes I just have to enter my password more than once. In addition the only downside to using the VPN is that if it is down for any reason, I cannot access our shared Staff files.