Easy to Setup

Bewertet am 28.1.2019
Georg c. L.
Vice President
Einzelhandel, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: FortiClient is a quick and nearly effortless way to add VPN access to your FortiNet firewall.

Vorteile: I'm a relative beginner when it comes to setting up IT network infrastructure. It's not something I've had any training in, other than watching YouTube videos and reading instructional walk-throughs. With that said, we bought two FortiWalls for some small family owned businesses, and utilizing FortiClient for third-party access to systems, as well as remote access from home, setup was a breeze. Within a few clicks you can setup relatively robust VPN connections, linking 2 or more stores together, plus adding remote access from home or on the road. I believe you can also use FortiClient to establish VPN connections to non-Fortinet firewalls, but I have not tested that.

Nachteile: I've only run across this issue once, on one client computer, and I'm not sure exactly what was the cause, but after installing FortiClient on a laptop, all internet functions ceased to work. The only way to regain use of the networking hardware, was to uninstall the virtual networking hardware components installed with FortiClient. I have not seen this happen anywhere else, and that laptop had several other virtual networking devices and VPN softwares installed, so I'm assuming there was some conflict or another.

Stable and reliable VPN Service

Bewertet am 26.4.2019
Fernando D.
SAP BW Consultant

Kommentare: I use it to access a customer's network and I need to thrust it. And I do. It helps me doing my job and I'm not worried about my data or my customer's network being sniffed, the service seems to be reliable. I connect once a day and the connection lasts all the time. It doesn't route all my traffic to the destination VPN server, instead, only the resources being accessed in their network are transfered by FortiClient.

Vorteile: FortiClient is easy to set up and get running on Windows 10. All you need to know is the IP or DNS from the VPN Server, a username and password. You can set up and connect very quickly and, according to you connection's reliability, it never goes down. It's fast (not much overheaded) and don't impact on computer's performance even on system's start-up.

Nachteile: I don't know exactly what kind of mechanism it uses to tunnel the network packages but its some technology that are causing troubles on Windows 7 systems. I was using FortiClient in a Windows 7 virtual machine some months ago and it suddenly stopped working now, I guess it was some update that caused it. I have spent many hours trying to get it working with no success. On my Windows 10 Host machine it works, so I'm using on it now as a workaround.

Great endpoint security

Bewertet am 12.12.2019
Rene S.
Bekleidung & Mode, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We've been using forticlient as our endpoint security in our office, it's been working just great. It detects infected files and quarantines them , their antivirus database is very up to date and get updated to your workstation automatically. This is a great security application and it works even better if you link it to the fortinet fortigate firewall. Some of our users use the VPN functionality to access certain devices on the network securely when they're outside of the office.

Vorteile: It's free. You get the free features like antivirus, website filter, spam blocker etc. You can unlock its full features if you link it to your fortinet fortigate firewall. You also have the option to establish a VPN from the endpoint to your network through the fortigate firewall.

Nachteile: No automatic application updates, you need to download and install a the application when a new version is released. The AV database does get updated automatically so no issues there.

FortiClient

Bewertet am 20.12.2019
Shawn B.
Industrieautomation, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall FortiClient has served this company well with zero complaints.

Vorteile: FortiClient is FortiGate's SSLVPN client to securely connect remote employees to your network. We've used FortiGate firewall appliances for years. We have nearly half of our sales force scattered across North America and have always relied on FortiClient to securely connect them to our network wherever they are. Easy to setup, deploy, and maintain.

Nachteile: No real cons. The software does what it's supposed to do and does it well. On occasion users have reported a slow connection but that's more related to their internet connection (hotel, rural) rather than the software.

I'm just a user, and it isn't awesome for me.

Bewertet am 17.12.2018
Moshe E.
Software Architect
Internet, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It enables me to work on sensitive servers and connections from practically anywhere, that is good enough to use it in this market beyond all its shortcomings.

Vorteile: It allows me to connect to my company's VPN securely - that in itself is an awesome thing. It has a client for Ubuntu which most vendors ignore, also good. but that's about it .

Nachteile: I'm referring specifically to the Ubuntu client, I don't know much about others - it has a lot to improve. It doesn't save my settings permanently - what I mean that every few days it gets corrupted somehow - don't know how - and I have to re-input the host, port and username. And it does have a profiles screen, so it was built to save this, but like I said every few days that list gets deleted...

Easy to use and Administer

Bewertet am 29.7.2019
Michael D.
Systems Administrator
Finanzdienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: We use FortiClient mainly to connect to our FortiGate Firewalls. It's pretty simple and gets the job done. The antivirus is strong and picks up the majority of threats. The free version is great to have for those persons who are looking to save costs.

Nachteile: Interface is simple in its design. However, that makes it a little tough to navigate and understand for a novice computer user. Apart from that, it's well worth the installation.

Easy way to connect to VPN at home

Bewertet am 6.11.2019
Account Supervisor

Kommentare: It helps me work from home, so I love it! Easy to find app that lives at the top of my nav bar.

Vorteile: It has a super easy interface that allows me to connect to our server from home. I rarely have any connection issues. Works great with Mac.

Nachteile: Like all VPN software, there will occasionally be connection issues. There is a limit to how many people from my organization can be using it at once. I think it was an organizational decision though likely based on cost.

A Robust Enpoint Protection Platform with VPN

Bewertet am 9.11.2019
Deputy Manager I.T
Automotive, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We required a endpoint protection platform with vpn client for securing are remote clients. Forticlient was selected and it has been very successful decision for enhancing our security and eliminating risks.

Vorteile: Forti Client is a very robust Endpoint Protection Platform, providing security and prevention of vulnerability violations, by utilizing features such as, Endpoint control, Security fabric integration, behavioral based analysis.
It protects against zero day attacks, shields web browsers, detects memory attack techniques such as ROP, Buffer over flow, Heap Spray.

Nachteile: When ever a update comes along, it has to be manually installed, does not have an auto update feature of its own as per my understanding and knowledge. (definitions are auto updated regularly.)

Endpoint Protection and VPN tool

Bewertet am 14.11.2019
Cüneyt B.
cyber security manager

Kommentare: Product installation and operation is very simple and I can provide a significant level of security on my computer.

Vorteile: It is a very simple product to use. In addition to antimalware protection, web filtering feature as well as vulnerablity detection and patching features help to provide protection above the desired level.

Nachteile: When I first used it, I had difficulty accessing the settings.

Semi reliable VPN client

Bewertet am 12.11.2019
Tyler B.
Software Developer

Kommentare: Works as expected, can't really complain I just need to work around a few of the quirks.

Vorteile: 95% of the time it works exactly as I would expect. The transfer speeds are strong, and I can work without thinking about it.

Nachteile: At times, it simply will not connect. At this point I need to kill the client and re-start it and then it works as expected. Previously I had a problem where I did not get DNS from the mobile client, but that has been fixed.

Always improving, good support, great for schools

Bewertet am 8.9.2017
Alex W.
Technology Consultant

Kommentare: A solid, fairly easy to use AV/UTM client

Vorteile: Even if you don't use an EMS server, and just install FortiClient, it's a solid AV with built-in web filter that defaults to at least blocking the worst stuff. It's great for schools in that way, because it means you can install it and have some piece of mind without any more configuration. If you want to get EMS, it gives you even more control; you can basically treat it just like the UTM features on a FortiGate firewall. In fact, you can run it through your FortiGate and just have everyone using the same policy all the time, with no need for extra configuration We also use it for a handful of VPNs, and it does a great job with our several FortiGates

Nachteile: The current version (5.6) defaults to installing only the VPN client, so you need to "Customize" the install. This should be right in the workflow, instead of requiring "Advanced" options just to enable AV and UTM. Actually, AV should be enabled by default, and VPN should be optional. Oh yeah, and you *must* install the VPN client, even if you don't intend to use it

FortiClient review

Bewertet am 19.3.2019
Software Engineer
Gastgewerbe, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: One of the main business problems has solved for us in our company using FortiClient is that any time we can rely on the VPN for quick connections and get into the server is assist out client whenever in need. We have solved support tickets much faster after using FortiClient.

Vorteile: I have been using FortiClient for over 6 months for accessing one of my clients' hosted servers, mainly for updating our Application on their server so they can get the up to date features to utilize our BI tool. FortiClient has some many features such as; Endpoint protection with two-factor authentication I can sign on to remotely access the server, Secondly, FortiClient has a file browser window to find for any location of the file, File transfers, chat window and much more. Third, FortiClient offers a system scan of local pc to look for any threats that might hijack the server, but mostly FortiClient shows me possible exploits before infecting file and registries. Lastly, VPN logging provides a detail report of who accessed the server and the information of the user.

Nachteile: I guess nothing that comes to mind of any negative review in my case using FortiClient.

Great VPN client with lots of security features

Bewertet am 17.10.2018
Serge S.
Druck, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: For most Fortigate customers, Forticlient is granted. It is a great VPN client, very stable and with great features (ie. automatic reconnect, AD integration at Fortigate level, …). It also is integrated with the security features (antivirus, firewall, …). I am not sure Forticlient is to be used by non Fortinet customers; but it should bring every IT Manager to look into Fortinet as their firewall solution!

Nachteile: Finding updates on their website not always intuitive! Lacks a bit of central management (or I did not find out how to do it).

The Fortinet Firewalls work incredibly well however the VPN client needs some attention.

Bewertet am 21.3.2018
Matthew C.
Software Developer
Bau

Kommentare: Keeps malware out and protects my company's network with top endpoint security. Allows easy access to my company's network even out of the office.

Vorteile: When it comes to phishing and malicious URL detection, FortiClient is hands down the software recommended for the job. Basic setup of the firewall is easy and intuitive but you can also take full advantage of the FortiClient's webfilter, antivirus and the application sensor modules. I switched to Fortinet from Cisco and iv'e never been happier.

Nachteile: Unfortunately i do sometimes have issues with the FortiClient VPN. It's quiet buggy and often requires reboots to reconnect sometimes.

Forticlient protects your organization

Bewertet am 8.11.2018
Jake B.
Information Technology Professional
Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall the product works well. It provides virus protection a step above built in malware scanners and allows a VPN connection into a work network. I do also find having the software run on my computer takes a few hours off of my battery life on my computer.

Vorteile: It allows me to communicate with my work network securely and maintain security standards around the organization.

Nachteile: It would be pretty difficult for an end user to configure if your organization did not have a way to deploy a preconfigured client.

FortiClient SSLVPN

Bewertet am 27.11.2018
Network Administrator
Maschinerie, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Since we are running fortigates, the forticlient sslvpn piece provides the single pane of glass management we prefer. Add in MFA and you are running a pretty secure setup.

Vorteile: I was able to implement the free version of FortiClient and detail it to work within our environment. Alternate vendor MFA setup was easy to implement with the client.

Nachteile: Issue's with authentication lockouts. Still working through the bugs but the sslvpn is working as expected. Licensing can get a bit pricey.

FortiClient sofware review

Bewertet am 24.8.2018
Richard V.

Kommentare: This security suite is very useful and provide a set of tools (antivirus, firewall, vpn client) that working together make us feel great confidence about the security e integrity of the information stored in our devices like PCs, Laptos, USB. Higly recomended.

Vorteile: - Integrated suite which included antivirus, firewall and vpn client.
- Oriented to corporate uses.
- Allow to make a backup of the configuration.
- Provide security to the configuration panel using password.
- Antispam and web filter functionalities available.
- Quickly Security threats detection .

Nachteile: - Antyspam functionality only working with outlook.

secure connections

Bewertet am 31.5.2019
Senior Software Engineer
Telekommunikation, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I have been using this application for 2 years. there are other sub-companies affiliated with the company I work for and we have to give them support. but we work in different locations. we are even working in different cities. After installing this application as if we were in the same building as the other companies have created a virtual network. The application with this feature was very helpful.

Nachteile: I cannot comment on the negative because I have not experienced any bad situation during the use and installation of the application.

Antivirus, Web filtering, VPN, Vulnerability Scanner and Application Firewall in a single product!

Bewertet am 27.8.2018
Andreas N.
Systems Engineer
Telekommunikation, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have been using FortiClient for a couple of years now, at the beginning for VPN connections and eventually also as an Antivirus. I really like the Vulnerability Scanning module, which can keep you up to date with all vulnerable software.

Vorteile: the Vulnerability Scanner, which can detect outdated applications and other security issues with recommendations for patching or upgrading the affected software.

Nachteile: nothing, everything seems to work great!

We use FortiClient remote access to connect to client VPN and I wish all my clients used it

Bewertet am 16.7.2019
Taylor B.
Director of Software Engineering

Kommentare: We need to connect to client VPN on a daily basis. After a quick setup we easily connect daily and have not experienced any issues with this VPN since we started using it.

Vorteile: It was very easy to setup and start connecting to our client's databases through this VPN. They sent over the connection criteria and we were connected within minutes. Easy to setup, easy to use.

Nachteile: Nothing I don't like at the moment, no complaints.

Excelent product, i use daily

Bewertet am 14.6.2018
Juan josé C.
Gerente de Sistemas y Tecnología de la Información
1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Support to corporate networks in a safe and effective way

Vorteile: Easy to use, easy to install, connections are secure towards fortigate equipment.
Vulnerability analysis on the client computer helps to keep the pc updated.

Nachteile: the client version depends on fortigate firmware and fortigate updates only with enterprise with maintenance, limiting the functionality to a support contract

More secure and more trusted

Bewertet am 27.11.2018
Hamza E.
IT Technician
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We had VPN problem, and monitoring vpns, now with The FortiClient solution the VPN with second factor authentication was the right secure VPN and monitoring.

Vorteile: Updates on time.
Easy to secure and monitor the network.
VPN easy to use for the client side.
A well explained report for the analyses.
Notification by sms or email for unwanted behaviours.

Nachteile: Price.
Support.
Easy to use and install.

Top notch vpn client with built in antivirus

Bewertet am 10.5.2018
Juan V.
Technical Consultant
51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Coming from someone who uses forticlient on a daily basis I have to say that its very stable vpn client . you create multiple profiles SSL or IPSEC. It also has a built in antivirus so there is nothing more you need

Nachteile: Fortinet is one of the insdustry leaders in security and with this client it makes it easy to manage and connect to several vpn fortigates.

Very stable VPN for those using Fortinet devices

Bewertet am 6.12.2016
Serge S.
51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: At this point in time, their SSL VPN is top notch and very stable. Great integration with AD too. We do not use the other parts of Forticlient (although we used to be on the iPsec VPN which worked well too). For the "protection" part, we prefer to use separate antivirus products. So not sure I would recommend for anyone NOT using a fortinet device (Fortigate) but then again, everybody should use them! They are great devices!

Vorteile: Amazing VPN product if using Fortinet devices.

Changed our security for the better

Bewertet am 12.2.2019
Manager of Systems & Analytics
Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Hands down one of the best customer service experiences we've had. The way we were able to incorporate it with our existing solutions made the process extremely easy.

Vorteile: FortiClient brought our organization to the forefront of enterprise security best practices, and we couldn't have been happier with the customer service & support we received during our implementation. The ease of configuring the clients & devices themselves were a welcome change in a usually cumbersome place to install. We couldn't imagine moving our business to any other security solution at this point.

Nachteile: Nothing--quite honestly, the entire go-live and post go-live experience has been wonderful and seamless.