The best anti-virus software for business

Bewertet am 29.10.2019
Malinda S.
Station Master
Regierungsbeziehungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have been using eset anti-virus software for 3+ years and my experience so far is really positive. As a company we have never faced any virus/malware infection from the day we started using it and it is doing a great job for these 3+ years. First we used the 30-day trial and then we got that it is the right choice. My overall experience of using eset anti-virus software is really positive and I would like to recommend anyone who is willing to use an anti-virus software which works flawlessly almost 100% of the time and it is the best on the market currently.

Vorteile: There are many ways that a computer can get infected with spyware, viruses, and malware. Among those downloads from internet, email attachments and removable media are the main ways. Normally one railway station has at least 10 computers and those contain sensitive information. These computers are connected to the internet and can be infected from viruses at anytime easily. Viruses can steal passwords, get access to sensitive information, damage files, monitor user's activities and make frequent computer crashes.If one computer get infected, the other computers connected to the network affected too. For all these problems, company decided to use an anti-virus protection to safeguard the PCs. Few years back we have decided to switch to eset anti-virus software. The installation was really easy. That is the most stable and effective anti-virus software I have ever used. Eset runs in the background without hassling me. It doesn't ask me to run a security check/ restart the pc while I'm doing another work. I love the way that it handles everything about security of the pc. It doesn't degrade the performance of my computer while scanning and it intelligently identify threats without blocking other programs. The pretty user interface with “You are protected” sign tells me that everything is fine at one glance.

Nachteile: To be honest, I don't have anything against eset. The license is bit costly but the price is really worth for the security that we get. It is absolutely easy to use.

Feature Rich! Security at its best

Bewertet am 12.12.2019
Nigel Z.
Ceo
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Kommentare: It is doing a good job of antivirus protection and filtering. It is also more customizable than I have tried.

Vorteile: This software detected other networks on my machine. IT was good to have that information to resolve some interesting errors.

Nachteile: I had to set the firewall for a foreign country that is headquarters. This was a slight problem that I didn’t expect. It also seems to run slow but it could be my configuration so I can’t be sure to blame the software yet.

A powerful, functional and manageable AV system

Bewertet am 13.12.2019
Carlo P.
IT Technician

Kommentare: We are able to easily manage ESET from the ESMC console, no matter where the mobile device travels we are able to control it

Vorteile: The deployment process can be easily streamlined using GPO or the ESMC console. As well as managing any Virus outbreaks or threats centrally

Nachteile: Can be a pain if there are issues with the central server, or if machines have issues removing previous AV software in order to install ESET

ESET Endpoint Security

Bewertet am 23.10.2018
Ingeniero de soporte
Fotografie, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: In experience, it is not a bad program, but it is very basic depending on the type of user that is addressed, for a home user it would be good but for business, something more robust would be needed.

Vorteile: This security system although it has many options is very easy to use, it is very friendly and for a user who has never used it you can use it easily, I could say that this type of security should be used more for people of home since For some company it is very basic, it may have different security options but it is not complete.

Nachteile: What I do not like is the cost, the cost of this application is too high for the options and security that it has, it can have different levels or options for security of different types for when protection is something very simple, at the company level that handles some sensitive information could cause problem, since the type of security as I mention it above is very basic, would be only for users of house, and for the price the users of house I would not accept it is very high.
They have an option for microsoft security that I do not see as a user.

One of the best antivirus

Bewertet am 12.11.2019
Tércio Y.
Systems Tester
Telekommunikation, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have been using Eset for over 3 years now and I've no complaints. It has many security features, such as network, email and spam protection. You can schedule scans as per your need, very flexible.
You can easily order a trial license so you can test it out.

Vorteile: Not so many false-positives, it offers a good variety of useful reports. The UI is clean and easy to follow, very intuitive.
Despite the extensive security features, it does not require too much configuration.

Nachteile: Fortunately, I've no complaints so far. I once had an issue with the license but it was quickly resolved by contacting the support team. There are cheaper options out there in the market, but it really worth its price for what it offers.

ESET

Bewertet am 9.12.2019
Robert C.
IS&T Director
Bildungsmanagement, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Again, we've been using for over 6 years. The customer support is fantastic, and the product just works. I have even purchased the home version for myself.

Vorteile: This is a very light endpoint security agent. The management portal is great, and allows for update and patch management for all endpoints.

Nachteile: I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this software. We've been using for over 6 years, and it works great.

ESET endpoint security- better protection & better solution

Bewertet am 23.10.2019
Medical Intern
Medizinische Praxis, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Highly recommended for those who are struggling with low-end PCs and its a solution for everyone with a decent deal price when compared to other expensive virus guards.

Vorteile: I’m using ESET on my personal laptop since 2015 and still I don’t have any threatens for my files. I can summarize what are the pro features I really enjoying in ESET in below list,
1. It is pretty simple and it doesn’t notify annoying things like other virus guards.
2. It doesn’t consume so much RAM consumption and still doing a pretty decent job for my low-performance CPU.
3. Anti-theft future from ESET is useful.
4. Doing a great job for Internet browsing and always aware of all kinds of threatens.
5. The virus database updates are frequent and we can customer service availability is 24/7.

Nachteile: Honestly I don’t have any negative thoughts of ESET because it’s doing a great job for me for over five years. I hope more security upgrades will out in future.

secure your every thing form digital world

Bewertet am 19.9.2019
Namila G.
hardware technician
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I live with this over 2 years and I hope to buy another year the end of this license.

Vorteile: this is a great product. it helps me to secure my computer from the internet and downloads.i purchase ESET internet security.is has secure payment option.

Nachteile: daily update. bytheway there is a live secure option on this that helps me to prevent from the latest viruses.

Great protection against Virus and Malware.

Bewertet am 5.11.2019
Fidel S.
Drilling Fluids Engineer
Öl & Energie, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Having a home computer that gets used by everyone in the family, is very important for me to have an Antimalware solution that gets the job done. ESET is a great option that I really recommend to anyone looking to improve their computer protection.

Vorteile: Easy to install and configure, ESET Endpoint gets the job done in a non-intrusive way, perfect for people looking for an antimalware solution that gets the job done without distracting you from your day to day tasks.

Nachteile: False positives happen from time to time, and like any other Antivirus solution, it gets heavy on the resources consumption which might slow down your computer especially if it's on the low end in terms of specs.

It's a decent AV software like the others

Bewertet am 25.11.2019
Timothy G.
Network Technician

Kommentare: It's a decent AV software like all of the others but not as user-friendly as it could be. In the name of security, there are some tedious restrictions on things like updates.

Vorteile: Once set up, the software makes it easy to manage without opening up administration capabilities to the users. On the user end, there is nothing to do. The software works on the endpoint like other AV software and isn't intrusive or resource hungry.

Nachteile: The uninstall process is tedious for an organization (includes passwords for different programs) and something as simple as updating requires an admin's password.

Eset Endpoint Security (Business)

Bewertet am 24.2.2019
Mark L.
IT Engineer
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Which? has recently awarded Eset's Antivirus Product its highest score in the "Best Buy" for "paid for" products. The small footprint and speed of its scanning engine is impressive coupled with its VB100 record and free upgrade to new versions make Eset an obvious choice. It doesn't slow your machine down on scanning and is sympathetic in its notifications to cause the least disruption to your workflow. On the whole I would recommend Eset Endpoint Security highly it does what it says on the tin and with minimal fuss.

Vorteile: Eset Endpoint Security is a business offering of a comprehensive suite of Security products including authentication, encryption and antiviral products for multi platform. The business licenses can be purchased in blocks of 5 for a 1 to 3 year duration. The product contains antivirus, firewall, antispam, device control and web filtering. The software footprint is small and its scanning engines speed is impressive against its competition. Eset has passed each one of its VB100 labtests never missing an in the wild virus. Licensing is flexible and new versions are free as long as you hold a valid license. On demand scans can be immediate or scheduled and Esset pride themselves on keeping false positives to a minimum. Eset's support team are knowledgeable and helpful and will happily remote to your machine using ISLOnline to resolve any issues you may have. The business product can be managed by a Remote Administration Console making easy to update and configure all the Eset software on your network.

Nachteile: Because of Eset's comprehensive suite of products it is adviseable to get an Eset agent or Eset themselves to carry out the intial setup. As you drill through the menu's the compexity of the product becomes very evident. The home user security product contains helpful context sensitive messages to aid with its configuration but the messages produced by the business product require some technical knowledge. The firewall part of the product can be sensitive to minor network changes and block printers and devices which are contained in the secure zone. This can be very frustrating for users who have shares on thier PC which are needed by other users.

Set it and forget it! ESET offers a convenient and effective one stop security solution

Bewertet am 20.4.2018
Chief Designer

Kommentare: I haven't lost time or money or business because my computer is protected and I'm not vulnerable to attacks. That's basically an ROI of priceless if you ask me.

Vorteile: Currently I am using ESET on my work laptop. I am a small freelance business and just have the one computer to protect at the moment. I also purchased another license to install on my parents' computer as they have been very prone to viruses in the past. Pros
- Set it and forget it - I basically set up this software once to run automatic scans and I haven't had to bother with it much more than that.
- Anti-theft feature - this feature allows you to locate your computer no matter where it is if it gets stolen. Thankfully haven't had to try this feature out, and I hope that I never have to, but it's pretty comforting to know that I have it.
- Parental control - I don't use this, but you can basically set up different profiles for children when they browse the web to block certain sites
- Secure browser for banking and financial websites - ESET launches its own browser when you go to any financial or banking websites. As I understand it, they encrypt everything over this secure browser
- Chock full of other features like personal firewall, email protection, webcam protection, etc
- Automatic prompting when you connect an external drive to scan it.

Nachteile: Absolutely nothing. So far I have found ESET to be very easy to use and I haven't come across any negatives. Everything from setting up automatic scans to enabling the anti-theft feature through their website has been super smooth. No issues with this whatsoever and it's extremely easy to use. Well worth it.

ESET one of the most trusted names in computer security

Bewertet am 5.4.2019
Behzod A.
Graduate Part Time Instructor
Hochschulbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Truly install and forget about it type of product. Highly recommend it.

Vorteile: I am long time user of ESET products and its Endpoint Security computer security service. I started using ESET in 2006 and since then I am loyal customer of the company. The advantages of this software can be summarized as follows: 1) ESET always tops the computer security tests conducted by independent, third party testing companies (eg. AV Comparatives) that test various well-known antivirus products. 2) No matter whether you are using powerful gaming computer or slow, old laptop -- ESET utilizes minimum CPU. Hence, ESET provides excellent all in one protection at minimal CPU usage. 3) ESET has very user friendly interface for novice users. But at the same time ESET has separate menu with full set of features for expert users. 4) Overall license cost is not expensive. Usually there are several sales throughout the year that make the deal even sweeter. 5) Product offers full security tools including firewall, antivirus, spam protection, anti-theft protection that smoothly integrates with the operating system and require minimal user intervention. 6) ESET has very friendly customer care team of experts that are available 24/7.

Nachteile: I never experienced problems with ESET products. Always recommend it to friends and colleagues.

Sticking with it for entire family

Bewertet am 31.1.2019
Aleksandra S.
Freelance Graphic Artist
Kunst & Handwerk, Selbstständig

Kommentare: In three years we've been using ESET at home (3PC + 3 mobile license) we've never had a virus or malware actually get through (always blocked/quarantined in time). And that's with a technologically challenged 60 year old woman, who has her own computer and little knowledge about how to protect herself. Also worth mentioning that transferring the license from old computer to new one in the middle of license term didn't take any significant knowledge or time.

Vorteile: ESET doesn't slow down computer as much as other commercially available antiviruses. On low end machine it is more efficient and responsive than anything else, and at that price point it's definitely one of the biggest pluses. ESET provides easy to grasp interface and features that allow you bigger control over your network.

Nachteile: Like every other antivirus, at certain times it turns into giant resource hog, successfully preventing you from getting your job done. It has indeed a mode which prevents it from starting high-resource processes when you're in full screen, but it starts them immediately after you close such app. Let's say your game crashed in the middle of work, you gotta wait those 10-15 minutes before launching it back if ESET already scheduled something for that time. There are workarounds, but you have to be at least moderately skilled in use of computer to get to them.

An adaptable anti-virus that can be customised for each device it is on

Bewertet am 14.1.2019
Senior IT Engineer

Kommentare: I have used ESET for several years and have generally been very happy with it. The main issues I have had with it are related to updating the software or installation of it where it occasionally fails to do so automatically via the various tasks referenced in Pros thus resulting in manual intervention being required.
The admin portal could do with an update as it seems mildly dated and some of the features are needlessly difficult to modify - triggers on certain tasks for instance do not seem to be able to be edited, instead they must be deleted and re-created.

Vorteile: Easy to set up tasks for specific groups
Can set up dynamic groups to facilitate running of certain tasks e.g. GPO installs eset agent, eset detects client with agent but no AV, adds to "No AV" dynamic group, task runs that installs AV, ESET detects AV installed but not activated, adds to "AV not activated" dynamic group, task runs that activates AV, ESET detects out of date database, adds to AV out of date dynamic group, task updates AV, etc.
Support are very quick to respond and are able to provide comprehensive guides on features.

Nachteile: Sometimes tasks fail for no detectable reason and the only way to fix is to manually run the task. This can be time consuming.
Some viruses are not removed by ESET, this results in the need to run a script to delete the offending files.

Always be secure

Bewertet am 30.4.2019
David G.
IT Project Manager
Vermögensverwaltung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Install this, keep updated, and that's all there is to it. Internet and USB threat security is a breeze.

Vorteile: ESET is light, functional, and up-to-date. I leave the auto-update on in order to be sure I get the latest virus definitions and updates to keep my PC secure. I don't even notice ESET running and the download doesn't affect my network usage either. It just works silently and securely in the background keeping away any fears and headaches. The user interface is pretty straight forward and the graphs gives you the run-thru you need with just a quick glance. I have not experienced any infection or malware getting away. It has always been scanned and detected by ESET. I think this is pretty good considering that creative work requires me to check websites that can, at times, be within risky domains. There is also an extension for my Mobile devices. Most happy about the anti-theft feature and the ability to secure my data. I often lose my mobile devices on the field, and ESET gives me the piece of mind that my data cannot be accessed by anyone who picks up what I lost.

Nachteile: Very rare instances of false positives. Some files downloaded and gets flagged for quarantine. Very rare. Other than that nothing else.

Silent but Effective

Bewertet am 8.4.2019
Josemaria G.
Vice Director for External Affairs
E-Learning, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: ESET is a must-have for any device especially those exposed to the wild Internet and those connected with several USBs from other people sharing files with you. It is a one-time set-it-and-forget-it software that will help you keep focused on productivity rather than be worried about viruses, malware, worms, and other threats of the like.

Vorteile: What do I like the most? With ESET EndPoint Security, I don't remember ever having any problems with Internet security (of course this is in combo with our own firewall and Net security). But with whatever sites I visit, or files downloaded from the internet, I am well protected or at least notified immediately about possible threats. I have had some false positives with Eset, but for most of the time, I had no problems. I tried it once, to inject a malicious file via USB, and it quickly detected it and quarantined. I also find that the scanning is both unobstrusive, silent, and easy on my laptop. I don't feel any slow downs, and you can also schedule it to run when you're out of your desk. Lastly, the updates are regular and reliable, and light as well in terms of bandwidth sharing with my other running applications. Again, silent but effective for my daily office and home use.

Nachteile: There are very few instances when I connected external devices like HDD via enclosure, and it was not checked by ESET. I was sure it was connected and running as I accessed some folders of the ex HDD. I had to run ESET manually, just to be sure.

Advanced tool for security

Bewertet am 25.4.2019
Business Development Executive
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall i am extremely satisfied with the tool. The tool gets updated by itself for each and every version automatically. Even though the subscription cost is on the higher side, it also gives offers then there on the cost which saves some money on it. I would recommend the tool to any body and to the organization to secure the severs and systems with out any hazzle.

Vorteile: I have been using the tool personally for about 4-5 years and the first point i would like to convey is the advanced technology in securing the system. I have been using other antivirus but not satisfied with the quarantine part and this tool is just fabulous. I do not have to run the scan every time and it automatically identifies the malware's and cleans as well. My phone and computer is been secured by Eset and i use the same login for both of my gadgets. Never allows any of the malware or websites to function and i am extremely satisfied.

Nachteile: the subscription cost winch i would like to mention at this point and compared to other tools, this is on the higher side. the subscription costs could be brought down which would help the users to opt for the software.

This is the best Antivirus software that I have ever used period!

Bewertet am 17.4.2018
Aaron S.

Kommentare: Absolute rock solid Endpoint Protection! Ease of use! Lightweight engine! I also get the benefit of knowing my data is secure and I will not be in the hunt every year for a new Protection software.

Vorteile: The number one thing that I like about Eset is and always has been the iron-clad security! Eset has the best AV Heuristic system that I have ever used. The next thing is the lightweight engine it employs. Most AV software applications are system resource hogs. Eset does not kill my end user workstations. Additionally, I like the ability to run a scan and also use the user interface. Many AV systems lock down the UI when scanning. Eset Rocks!

Nachteile: This is really hard to say but honestly, this is one product I can provide no cons for! I have used Nod 32 since 2001 and in that time we have experimented with many different systems all touted as the best. Eset has continued to climb and has always beaten out the competition in my opinion. This is one software company that I back with my own reputation on a daily basis. If Eset needs a Salesman I would have no quarrel putting my name behind this company!

Awesome antivirus software!

Bewertet am 29.1.2019
Service Desk Associate
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Positive!

Vorteile: So many pros but I'll try to keep it concise. - First, of course, the security and malware detection is solid, thorough and stays up-to-date.

- The user interface is second to none, I've used lots of different antivirus both personally and professionally and none of them hold a candle to how well thought out the interface Eset has. It's very intuitive, not too overwhelming and easy to navigate.
- Installation was a piece of cake, I was able to purchase the software from the website and install with no problem at all. -It's not bloated with features I do not want and therefore does not negatively impact my systems performance. -Secured browser gives me additional security when I'm in my online bank account. -They offer a package that can include protection for your mobile devices as well! - Price is fair

Nachteile: I honestly cant think of any cons that I have experienced with this software. I've been using it for over 5 years and recommend it to everyone.

ESET is a good product

Bewertet am 30.9.2019
Eddie D.
Director of Information Technology
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: General viruses are being caught. It gives us peace of mind knowing there is an active system looking out for our devices.

Vorteile: I like how easy it is to set up and it integrates with our environment nicely. The cost was very reasonable versus many of its competitors.

Nachteile: There have been hiccups in the upgrades with the management server and the licensing but over time and a little finesse we overcame and it is working quite nice.

My experience has been, in a word, flawless. ESET sets the gold standard for professional software.

Bewertet am 17.4.2018
Mike W.
Head Computer Geek, otherwise known as El Jefe
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Bulletproof security, ease of install, and knowing my customers can't do bad with it, they just have to let it do its' thing and it will keep them safe and protected, no matter what kind of knuckleheaded they pull online.

Vorteile: What I love is the unobtrusive nature. It sits quietly in the background, protecting you with bulletproof safety and reliability. It doesn't annoy, it doesn't brag, and it takes the guesswork and decision making out of the end users hands and just DOES ITS' JOB. Period. It's an easy install, it's easy renewal, and it's easy maintenance. I couldn't ask for more for me and for my customers.

Nachteile: I'd like a stronger reseller network on the back end. I've sold probably over 500 licenses of NOD32, Endpoint, and other ESET products within the last year. I keep bringing customer after customer after customer to you and basically get nothing for it. I love the software so I'll keep doing it, no word of a lie, but a little gratitude would be nice for all the work and promotion I do for ESET

Best detection rates I've seen

Bewertet am 5.12.2018
Bill G.
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Having deployments ranging in size from 5 to 100+ endpoints I've had excellent success protecting my clients from viruses and malware. I've only seen one infection on a system running a current and updated version of ESET.

Vorteile: Detection rates are superior to most other products I've evaluated, and when I find an infection I often save the files and test it against other products to see. The remote management product makes deployment to large networks possible and provides a dashboard to see the status and any potential problems. Another feature that has been strongly favored among my client is Device Control which allows blocking devices that present security issues such as USB flash drives. Support is also wonderful when needed.

Nachteile: The remote management console and it's deployment methods have a slight learning curve. I have found other competing software to be slightly easier to deploy to large networks, however ESET Support was quick to walk me through what I needed to know.

ESET gives me piece of mind. Security is very serious but piece of mind is priceless.

Bewertet am 18.4.2018
Keith O.
IT Manager

Vorteile: How well it stops all kinds of attacks and yet maintains such a small footprint in resources. It does not impact performance of client machines or servers, is not intrusive at all in daily production, and yet protects all of my machines extremely well. It is flexible on custom configurations and is well managed through Remote Administrator. It works well in Business with many features for business and yet is right at home on personal home computers as well. That flexibility makes it easy to recommend not only for large companies but also for family and friends as well. They get the same protection I have at work at home.

Nachteile: The inability to have Remote Administrator auto update client machines with the latest version of the software. (You can do it manually by setting up tasks but a single auto update task is unavailable) I do understand though that this may be a feature coming soon. (fingers crossed).

End Security issues

Bewertet am 24.10.2019
Kathy D.
Eventservice, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Beneficial for anyone.

Vorteile: Product is an all around ideal software for individuals and businesses. I have been using it for 10+ years after I was hacked and have not had any issues since. ESET always alerts me if there are any infiltrations.

Nachteile: There is nothing that I dislike about any of the ESET products that I have used.