Deutschland Lokales Produkt

Über Phrase

Die kontinuierliche Lokalisierungsplattform stellt Übersetzungen von Online-Dateien im Kontext Bearbeitung, Zusammenarbeit, Versionskontrolle und vielem mehr bereit.

Erfahre mehr über Phrase

It allows us to have a smooth workflow, which is nice. There is also an API which permits us to make some automation easily.

No API throttling - if you make lots of calls then the speed is reduced. API throttling could be turned off, and more concurrent calls could be allowed.

Bewertungen zu Phrase

4,9

Phrase hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,8 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 94 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Phrase bereits verwendet?

Eva
Eva
UX Writer in Deutschland
Eventservice, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Perfect tool to manage your translations for a multilingual website

As UX Writer in our company, I am using PhraseApp daily to change translations, fill in new ones and keep a look on changes that happen in the different projects. I love the simple and easy-to-understand interface, which enables everyone to immediately start using this tool. The search is really good to find all text resources containing a certain word, in order to adapt them for example. I always directly see if a wording has been changed and needs my verification. I also really appreciate all the little helpful features, like for example marking a wording change as minimal, so translators of other languages know they don't have to recheck their translations of this text.

It would be great if it was easier to add screenshots/images to the different text resources, so the writers know better where in the product the text will be and what the context is.

Jichin
Sr. Project Manager in Indien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Seamless Localization Tool for New Generation Multi Country Product Development

Kommentare: Our experience with Phrase has been an outstanding one, and we have recommended Phrase as an integral part of our Agile DevOps tooling for apps that have localization needs.

The things I liked the most about Phrase are - 1. The APIs to integrate with the DevOps CI/CD pipeline. 2. The In App Reviewer and Translator SDK that enabled In app review and translations for Portals. Would like to see this extended to the Mobile Apps too 3. The ability to default locales to a master locale 4. The ability to manage Translation Jobs 5. Last but not the least, the Product Support team of Phrase is always very quick to respond to your queries and requests for support and always provide a satisfactory resolution. All of the above put together really makes Phrase a great new generation localization tool for Multi Country product development

The Phrase Portal at first used to be a little less intuitive (back in 2017), but they were quick to redesign it. I would also like to see a more advanced set of reports and analytics on key management that a Product Manager could use into the future.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Smartling und Microsoft Excel

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Phrase: The overall value for money was significantly greater for Phrase. Support from the Phrase Product Team was also very good. It is seamless to use from the perspective of a Business User, The Developer and the Product Manager.

Enrique
Android Engineer in UK
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

A good enough tool for some usecases

Kommentare: I think phraseapp is quite good for small projects, but for decent size projects it is not the best option I would say

The fact that you could have multiple locales of the same language helped me as I could define locales for different variations of my app. It is quite easy to use and configure.

Not many features. You cannot review translations, you cannot match strings with similar values. It doesn't respect the structure of old string files so you end up having to write scripts for pulling and pushing. There are conflicts with special characters, and I really didn't find the way around it, i.e. when a string contains html data inside.

alberto
Frontend Engineer in Spanien
Versicherung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

A must for your localization requirements

Kommentare: We're managing the localization of several projects, with different projects for each one and it's being very easy. The best part is the product team can edit the texts without the development team participation which makes it easier and quicker to adapt one text. Both teams are very happy with this solution.

The main reason to select is there are no limits about how many copies you can create. A feature which I really love is that one called "jobs" which you can use to assign tasks to your colleagues.

I didn't find any problem yet. I had some problems when importing nested json file, I lost two translations. But it was just 2 of 2000 and when you go to the locales section is very easy to see there are 2 missing translations. I've imported it again and problem solved so it isn't a big deal at all.

Ivo
Head of SEO in Niederlande
Druck, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Great software to quickly manage multiple languages!

Kommentare: Managing uploading for multiple languages.

Speed of switching between translations/languages, this is a great time saver for SEO and Copywriting!

I really can't think of anything! It's just a great tool!

Siddhant
Siddhant
Web Developer in Indien

Best tool to manage and control your translations!

Kommentare: Using PhraseApp overall is much much better than the translations I have done with spreadsheets and by using JSON manually. As a web/app developer, I want my documentation to be available in multiple languages so as to facilitate my projects to a wider public and create a good impression. Translation for docs play a huge role in maintaining the open source repositories and PhraseApp helped me achieve those on my open source projects. I am happy with PhraseApp and recommend it to developers like me or to anyone who want to translate stuff on fly to multiple languages!

There are many many things I like about PhraseApp and pinpointing to the one I like the most would be a difficult task. First of all PhraseApp got an elegant and convenient UI which makes working with it so much easier. The panels are all nice and shiny and the search works smooth. I use PhraseApp to achieve a streamlined localization process and have translations on the go and translating web/app content from English to *insert a language in which you want the documentation to be* has never been much easier for the developers, who add translations to multiple languages so as to comply with documentation standards and have a wider reach with the app/website. The best feature of PhraseApp is the ability to work on different projects and switch between them so efficiently!

Well I have used PhraseApp for quite a time and till now I do not have a single complain. Maybe I have not explored enough features to have some issues but all is really going well for me and I don't have anything to dislike and complain about! Well there is a bit of a learning curve that comes with PhraseApp as it has so many features to explore but this comes with all the SaaS, so it is not a big deal! You'll get a hang of it once you have had a hands-on experience with some projects using PhraseApp. P.S - I don't know if the features exists or not, but I would like to have the ability to integrate PhraseApp with a third party email management system so as to create new avenues with my new projects!

João
João
Mobile Developer in Deutschland

Great for app internationalisation

Kommentare: When I learned about it, it became the preferred way to handle localisation on my mobile apps. It makes it easier when you're working with multi-platform teams to have to do the work of translating something only once. Then the other teams can just synchronise their projects and use the newly created translations.

Being able to apply custom tags to the items allows me to specify which tags to synchronise on my mobile applications. As an example, I can say that a translation has the tags "Android" and "Home", and then I can create a rule on my Android app that creates a resource file for translations with that same tags. It makes my projects really organised.

I would love to see enforced mechanisms for better naming conventions. There are a lot of "fights" between different platform teams (Android, iOS) regarding naming, and it would be cool to have a convention suggested by the PhraseApp platform.

giorgia
giorgia
Frontend Developer in Deutschland

Simple and efficient

Kommentare: Great!
I rarely had problems, rarely find my self in a place where i need more functionality then the ones already existing. And the times i had some issues the team answer quickly and with lot of knowledge.

- easy to use as non technical person with the interface - easy to use as developer. Simply update a json file with two easy command line - the team is helpful and fast to replay

The web interface for different project it can be improve. We found our self often to click on language then project and then choose the language again. A painful point was the impossibility to push different versions of the json file but since some months the team develop a git-like functionality with branches and so on and it solve this problem perfectly.

Elena
Elena
Niederlande
Quelle: GetApp

Excellent for keeping everything and everyone in one place!

- Communication features: you can tag people from the team in the comments; comments to the strings are visible for all the team members and stored at one place. - Context tab and briefing: at any time a full brief to the job can be accessed and every string has a separate field for screenshot and descriptions. - History tab: all the versions of the text are stored in a separate tab and can be restored at any time. - Translation memory, that works across all the projects. - Works with different types of content: you can "feed" it strings, apps and web content, e-mails, social media publications, etc. - Character count and character limit feature. - Newsletter with the product updates and guides.

- It seems you can search for stuff only within one project/platform, not across all the projects. - Extremely difficult to navigate the website on mobile devices, as it's not adapted for mobile use.

Melissa
Melissa
Quality Control Executive in Deutschland

Easy and not complicated Tool to use

This application is easy to use. It has a simple and not complicated process. Just create a Pull Request, export to GitHub as pull request. The configuration requires tags setups on every item, as those are used to export items. The customer support is very good. You just need to write your question in the chat, and you get a quickly answer. Phrase App features are improving continuously according to the needs of the clients.

The APT has a limit of petitions (pulls), this could be improve increasing the concurrent calls in order to make more calls to the API simultaneously without having to wait No API throttling - if you make lots of calls then the speed is reduced. API throttling could be turned off, and more concurrent calls could be allowed

Eslam
IT Helpdesk in USA
Umweltdienstleistungen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Eslam Khair Phraseapp Review

Kommentare: My overall experience was generally positive. the app provides a good service that should benefits many project in today is open world. I only wish that the little cons could be fixed to give better experience to the users. Translating is an annoying process to begin with, and most of our translators are volunteers. so we cannot expect them to deal with lots of issues and the easier and faster the translation process for them the more they can help us.

The idea of the app is great. The design and features are very well done too. It's easy to use as you can see the material needs to be translated under the language of the text and the other language on the right side where the boxes are editable to allow adding the translation of the text. I do like that it also divides the work into projects and locales so you can assign different collaborators to the same project and each one to the language they are fluent in without having to give them additional unneeded access. I also like that it display the locales into the untranslated which is very helpful if you need to finish the translation then review after without having to go through the whole thing . Then you can see the whole language by clicking on the name of the language green bar, so you can review. I also like the feature that you can download materials even though I have not had the chance to use that feature.

One of the things I struggled with while using the app, was the search feature which defaulted to something that I didn't want. and every time I change the search, all the pages change and I had to go back and review all pages from the beginning. Another issues that was not fun of, is the save option. I was not sure if I had to click on save after each translation or after each page, and why doesn't auto save instead of having to work long time and then forgetting to save? Another thing which may have not been the app problem, is the codes. in some of the english text that needed translation, the text was just html codes that didn't really need translation not sure if that was problem of the uploaded files or an issue with the app

Sebastian
Senior Software Engineer in Deutschland
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Nice and easy to integrate tool to manage, distribute and control translations for Apps

The user friendly Web-UI offers a variety of nice features that are mostly self-explaning. All common types of translations are supported. We use it for Android, iOS and partially Web and it works quite nice. A simple PULL via CLI (Command Line Interface), and you are set. Imports via Excel, XML, localizable.string and many more formats included. Plurals are supported as well. The support is awesome. If you have a question, usually you get answers at the same day. Great! I recommend PhraseApp if you would develop a multi-lingual app.

The support of iOS and Android in the same project is a little bit tricky. You must work with tags, that are not importable. To offer context to the translators is a hard part (use comments, screenshots - but you should upload it manually. A possibility via API is given, but we didn't made the effort to implement our own logic for that). When an error happened at import, it is very difficult to revert the last change. The changes are tagged, but it isn't intuitive to me and my team how to revert. In large teams PhraseApp is pricy. We use the 50 Users-Package.

Angelo
Deutschland
Quelle: GetApp

PhraseApp streamlined our localisation process

PhraseApp managed to completely formalise and streamline our localisation process to a point where localisation is no problem at all. Every person involved in the project profits from this tool: - The devs are able to easily create new keys and at stub translations. - The management is able to correct mistakes without code changes required. - The stakeholder himself can use PhraseApp to customise the strings further as he sees fit witouht the devs having to take an action. - Always up to date translations using our ci or by performing one terminal command.

I currently don‘t see anything too bad with this service. But maybe a feature request: A PhraseApp SDK that allows for changing localisation even after deploying? Not a con but this would make an all ready great product to an amazing product.

Thiago
Software Developer in Portugal
Immobilien, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use and best online solution for translation I ever used

Kommentare: If you are looking for an online translation tool that is easy to use and can handle many languages as you want.
If you are looking for a good solution to manage multiple applications translation in one place.
If you are looking for a translation tool that can be managed not only by your developers' team.
If you are looking for a solution where there are multiple users managing the translation of your applications and you would like to avoid translation collision.

The UI is really simple to use and the API has good documentation which makes the integration with our services easy. You can set up multiple projects and languages. They also have integration with other services like Github, Gitlab,... Also, translations are not handled only by developers but they can be shared across different sectors of the company. Multiple projects can make use of the same translation database.

I don't dislike it, but I would like to see a way to merge or associate a duplicate key. In a big project, it is quite easy to have duplicate values with different key names. And will be cool to have a group mechanism, so in case you update one value of one language, it will reflect in other keys too. Also, have a warning tool in case you have different keys with the same value.

Clément
Localization Manager in Frankreich

Great tool for all localization processes

Really easy-to-use tool, with great support and complete API.

Just to be nitpicky, I don't really understand some product choices in the main translation interface, but that might just be me!

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Crowdin

Istvan
iOS Engineer in Schweiz

Automated localisation update process

Kommentare: The overall experience is great, we saved many developer hours by using it. We plan to try out the other features as well like sketch integration and glossary which sounds really promising and probably will save even more time for other team members as well.

Phrase helped us to save countless of developer hours by automating our whole localisation workflow and not copy pasting the localisations from a spreadsheet which were very time consuming, cumbersome and error prone. With the Phrase Command line tool we managed to integrate and automate the localisation update process with Gitlab and with the Over the Air feature our QA engineers can fix localisations easily and immediately without any help from a developer.

The GUI of the website could be improved, not all the features are easy to find but once you get the hang of it it's easy to use.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Crowdin

Matthias
Co-founder & CEO in Irland
Telekommunikation, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Great tool for translating extensive projects into several languages

We've used Phraseapp for more than two years now, and we are very happy with it. It is very easy to use so that new translators do not need to be trained, they can simply start translating. With the smart integration of asking for the verification of translations, translators can proof-read each others' translations without missing anything. It also allows you to export/import which makes it possible to search and replace certain phrases easily if needed. Phraseapp is a great tool to translate extensive projects into several languages and to easily update those languages.

Sergio
Lead UX Writer in Spanien
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Good platform to manage and curate your content

Kommentare: We use PhraseApp as a CMS for our worldwide marketplace. We also use Localise, but PhraseApp has quite more features. It only lacks some good UX improvements to make it very very good. We almost don't use their built-in translations system, as they're quite weak. It's better to have a dedicated agency/company for that sole purpose, as you will want to give feedback about translations to make them better for the next order, but you can't do that with PhraseApp. Overall, a very good tool!

- You can manage special pluralizations (such as happens with Polish language) in a very easy way - It allows you to have various locales (aka languages) and it's fast to switch between them - You have a history of changes and you can see who did it, and it's easy to revert to a previous one - You can give individual permissions to users - Super good customer support when you have doubts or any problem

- You can order translations via PhraseApp, but the quality it's not so good (you receive them fast, though)

Commercial and Marketing Manager in Polen
Glücksspiel & Casinos, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Many great aspects with little need for improvement

Kommentare: Very good, I am very satisfied!

It is very intuitive. It allows me to access the origin language (English) and to some changes during the translation process (e.g. correct a misspelling). I see all the projects in one window and can easily come back to an older project​ if I want to improve something. It is easy to grant other people access and new joiners intuitively understand how to use the tool.

We often have similar translations. If I want to look them up, I need to open a spare window and look up the similar phrase manually. I can't remember the website name, so I use Google. Once I am on the website, I click on login and then the system responds "you are already signed in". This seems like an unnecessary​ step. When I expand the small screen where I type my translations to the right, it gets covered up by the settings screen. So the first layer is the settings bar and behind it is the small screen with the little icon to expand it or reduce the size. Obviously, once it's covered, I cannot do anything, but only click on "save" and reload the site.

Wojtek
Full-Stack Developer in Deutschland

Great tool with great integrations

Kommentare: Our go2 software when it comes to TMS. Never used anything better before.

It's very easy to use. You always have a great support that helps you with every question. Also the OTA feature is more than outstanding and makes new releases so easy to push. All in all its a great tool that makes our life way much easier.

It was a little bit hard to understand how to use the product in the beginning.

Niklas
Head of Development in Deutschland

Best solution for a complete translation workflow

Kommentare: Our main problem before phrase was, that every time someone wanted to change translations a develop needed to check out the project, change the translation file create a pull-request, merge, release... This is time consuming and not a real fun task for the developer but also for the person who needs to wait too long for a simple change. With phrase you can establish a nice and easy workflow for handling translations.

Very good integration into our existing development processes and a nice user interface for translators and product people maintaining the translations. It is a straight forward product mostly self-explaining with innovative features and a developer friendly ecosystem.

We had some minor issues with the branching model and our ci setup but were able to easyly workaround and integrate it.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Locize

Lead Designer in USA

Essential for localization string organizing without chaos

Kommentare: As a designer in the small-scale startup, I have to review the text used in our product from time to time during development. That often involved hundreds of string. For example, we finished a massive translation with help from a contract. I have to review all text and find out what's missing. I relied on Phraseapp's interface to make it a relatively easy job. It would cost ten times of effort without Phraseapp. The iteration happens all the time during development. Without Phraseapp, I can't imagine how I can make them done on time.

The UI is clean and easy to use. We usually have tens and thousands of strings in our developing apps. Phraseapp provides an excellent interface to organize them in one place. You can easily re-write a string, and then just tap a button to next string to continue editing. It's really life-saving when you are dealing with the giant string table. Another cool thing is that Phraseapp supports plural form editing, and it fits well with iOS and Android's plural form formats. That's essential for app development.

The interface is designed for desktop and barely usable on the phone. Phraseapp complies 2-column UI in their interface, and it shrinks the spaces in mobile phones. Just a suggestion that they can do some responsive design in it.

Simon
Head of Product in Deutschland
Internet, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Very intuitive translation platform with nice features

Kommentare: Managing translations is always a pain. With Phrase our company could solve that pain to a bare minimum. With the integration of machine-translations we could even cut costs to verification-only. Small hint: provide a mobile app for translators. This would boost translator efficiency even more!

- very intuitive and well working translator interface - speed of service in general - the options to manage users, roles and rights - RESTFUL APIs to integrate service into GitLab projects - machine translation via multiple services

- searching keys or string content is not always returning proper results - machine translations sometimes deletes spaces (mostly after placeholders) resulting in errors

Lead UX Writer in Spanien
Internet, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Lacks some UX improvements to make it easier to use, but overall it's good

Kommentare: We use PhraseApp as a CMS, and we have all our locales (languages) there. We also use other tools such as Localise, but isn't any better either.

Customer Support is always happy to help, and they respond in a human and useful way. It's also quite fast and has a lot of features.

You can order translations directly from PhraseApp, but the quality is quite poor, even if you pay for the business option. Also, in terms of UX it could be improved quite a lot, allowing users to do some tasks easier with less clicks.

Camille
Community supporter & Quality assurance in Deutschland
Internet, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Very useful and efficient for small & big companies

Kommentare: It's time saving and saves all our translations in one tool. I easily can use the data saved in Phrase with other tools like Zendesk. I would strongly recommend it to any company dealing with translations coming from different departments.

It is very easy to create a project and then share it to get the work done. In my company, one project involves many different departments and PhraseApp makes it a seamless and efficient way to get the work done with just one link. I had surely saved us a lot of time. I can remember before Phrase when we used shared docs, allowing different accesses one by one and then doing all the monkey task manually. This has definitely improved our workflow and efficiency.

It took me a long time to discover the "history" tool with suggestions from previous translations. It is very useful and I would have liked to use it earlier.