Über Ginger

Schreibtools einschließlich Übersetzung, Korrekturlesung, Neuformulierung von Sätzen, Wörterbuch und Umwandlung von Text in gesprochene Sprache.

Erfahre mehr über Ginger

That motivated me in purchasing monthly plan. When I found the my subscription is auto renewed after my purchase(whi.

Bewertungen zu Ginger

3,6
4,0
3,8

Ginger hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,0 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 85 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Ginger bereits verwendet?

Olga
Olga
Edutainment Coach in Rumänien
Bildungsmanagement, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A great way to start writing practice

Kommentare: Well, it is an outstanding tool, but only at some point of English learning. But for ESL/EFL Intermediate and Pre-Intermediate students it can become a powerful, motivating, encouraging and educative tool which will increase their passion for perfection. It helps as well to understand that all the mistakes, errors, typos, slips of tongue and slips of finger, blunders, gaffes and bloopers are valuable and any human being must learn from them and keep moving forward.

The software is based on Natural Language Processing and is probably derived from Generative Grammar by Noam Chomsky. This software is a powerful tool for those who have just started to learn English writing. It can be a great helping hand which will teach you how to paraphrase and what's more, it will demonstrate you the incorrect spelling. It will give you hints on adequate word meanings, can translate your wordings in more than 50 different languages. It is capable to read your texts out loud, can train you and motivate you. You will be able to easily use the program wherever you like: there are versions of Ginger for Desktop, Chrome, Safari, iOS or Android and even Microsoft Office. It can be your proofreader, coach and motivator. Such a great step for your writing progress. It is a great tool for Pre-Intermediate and Intermediate ESL/EFL Students.

I am not sure that there are versions for Linux (Ubuntu/Debian users).

Antwort von Ginger Software

Hi Olga, Thank you so much for taking the time to review Ginger! I sincerely appreciate your feedback and happy to hear you love Ginger. All the best, The Ginger Team

Teresa
self-employed in USA
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

Works Well

Kommentare: While the tool works well and improves my grammar by providing re-phrased sentence it doesn't always catch the punctuation.

Works well and give you some good suggestions on how to improve grammar.

Chrome extension causes delays in the text appearing when typing. The desk top app pop-up a lot. Doesn't always play nicely with other tools.

Antwort von Ginger Software

Hi Teresa, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! Glad to hear that Ginger is helping you improve your grammar and you're enjoying Rephrase. Regarding the desktop app pop-up - if you're referring to the Control+C+C shortcut, you have 3 options in your settings if you don't prefer this one! For the Chrome extension issues, I have shared this feedback with the team. If you have any compatibility issues on certain websites, you can email me directly at ann@gingersoftware.com. All the best, The Ginger Team

SUSANTA
Professor in USA
Forschung, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Customer service

Kommentare: Very bad experience once I am encountering a problem with the software. This is because there is no real person to help as customer support.

It is user friendly. Automated correction through word, made it easier to use.

Customer service. There is no real customer service. It has been one week, ginger software is not working. There is no direct person to help. Only after few days someone responding via email with different version of changes and nothing works. This is a gross violation of quality control of any industry. It should notified to all customers.

Antwort von Ginger Software

Hello Susanta, The latest update of Windows removed support for Flash Player. This prevents Ginger from working. We have launched a new Ginger app for Windows and Microsoft Office. In addition to fixing the issue with the latest Windows update, it features: Fast one-click correction from any application on your computer Smart alternatives to add creativity and style to your writing New Microsoft Office add-in to boost your productivity in Word and Outlook. Rephrase integration with Word, PowerPoint and Outlook A mistake by mistake explanation and correction in Word, PowerPoint and Outlook New shortcuts for Correction-(Ctrl+Enter) and Rephrase (Ctrl+R) To download the new version, please head to our download page - Grammar Check, Spell Check & Proofreading Ginger (gingersoftware.com) *Please remove Ginger's old version before proceeding and installing the new version!!! For further assistance, please contact support@gingersoftware.com Regards, The Ginger Team.

Suraj
Project Engineer in Indien
Erneuerbare Energien & Umwelt, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Ginger- the best add on tool for easy proofreading and daily communication

Kommentare: Its a perfect life saver tools for someone involves in a lot of customer interaction through mail or preaparing any kind of official document. Perfect on the go suggestions, grammar check and rephrasing a sentence makes it very convenient to use.

Its easiness and used friendly interface for instance correction of the Grammar and rephrase any sentence.

The Rephrase statement option has limited suggestions. which need to be taken care.

vor 8 Monaten

Hi Suraj, Thank you so much for your positive feedback and for taking the time to post this review. Please continue to share your feedback, as we always love hearing feedback from our users! We are all ears on how we can continue to improve Ginger together. Thanks again, Ginger Support team

Shukurath
Shukurath
Merchandising Executive in Frankreich
Marketing & Werbung, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Ginger review

I appreciate the grammar-correction and vocabulary-enrichment capabilities of the software, as well as its integration with external applications such as Microsoft Word. Additionally, I am impressed by the software's ease of use and user-friendliness.

The cost is higher than that of its rivals. Additionally, the reworded sentences can occasionally have a different connotation than the original.

letztes Jahr

Hi Shukurath, Thank you so much for your positive feedback and for taking the time to post this review. We've shared your comment regarding Ginger's pricing. Just a little note, we offer significant discounts for individuals/businesses that choose the annual plan. Regarding any issues with Sentence Rephrase, we always appreciate having more feedback. If you come across any issues, please feel free to send an example of your sentence to support@gingersoftware.com. Thanks again, Ginger Support Team

Crew in USA
Fluggesellschaften/Luftfahrt, Selbstständig

Watch out for automatic billing

Kommentare: Automatic Billing, Poor Customer Service, No response to emails.

I was using another software, but it was more expensive. I decided to use this.

The desk top app pop-up a lot. It was very annoying, so I stopped using it. Poor interface, Automatic Billing, No notification before cancelling, poor customer service.

letztes Jahr

Hi Michael, Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We're very sorry to hear about your experience. We strive to give our users a great experience, and it's our users' feedback that allows us to continuously evolve. We'd be interested to hear more about your comments. You can share more details with us via https://tinyurl.com/4znj94vx, so we can forward them to the corresponding team. Thanks again, Ginger Support team

Jayash
Director in USA
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Good but not Superb

Kommentare: Fair to Good, Replacement of sentence with some professional looking is excellent.

The way it makes the sentence looks professional

Poor Interface, No sync between devices.

letztes Jahr

Hi Jayash, Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We strive to give our users a great experience, and it's our users' feedback that allows us to continuously evolve. We'd love to hear more about your comments. You can share more details with us https://tinyurl.com/4znj94vx, so we can forward them to the corresponding team. Thanks again, Ginger Support team

Russell
Russell
Teacher, Consultant in USA
Bildungsmanagement, Selbstständig

Good option for grammar checking

Kommentare: It's a great tool! Give it a try - I think you'll be pleased.

There are a few good options in the field of grammar checking, writing, etc. and I feel that Ginger is competitive. Here's what I like: - If you are in need of help with profession writing (emails, etc.), Ginger has the ability to identify grammar errors, spelling, and even sentence structure issues. Although some platforms will do this for you, others will not, so it's always nice to have Ginger working in the background to help out. - It honestly does a good job. It doesn't always catch everything, but it catches a lot. - It's extremely simple to begin using. It takes no time at all to set-up. - You can try it for free to see if you like it. You can keep using the freemium version if you like what you see and only want help with basics. - It works as a Chrome extension in your browser. - Even if your sentence structure is fine, Grammarly will also offer advice/ideas for improving your writing. - I think using this actually helps speed up writing for me. I don't spend as long exhaustively reviewing/revising what I've written. - Works with Chrome an Safari, which is not the case with competitors. - You have the ability to find synonyms and a dictionary within Chrome. That's a brilliant feature.

I have no major concerns about Ginger. It's a very competitive tool within the field, and I appreciate what it offers. It would be great if they'd figure out how to integrate this with Google Docs, but I've read that they are working on it. It's also not necessary, since Docs recently improved their editing toolkit. I'm just pleased that this works as an extension in Chrome.

Antwort von Ginger Software

Thank you so much for a positive feedback. We appreciate it! Always at your service. Ginger!

Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Ginger Review

Kommentare: good grammar checker and writing assistant. It is effective, easy to use, and available on multiple platforms. However, the paid plan is expensive and it can sometimes be inaccurate.

Ginger is a very effective grammar checker.Easy to use.Free plan.

Paid plan is expensive.sometimes identify errors that are not actually errors.

Moh
Internet Marketing in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

My experience with Ginger

Ginger is good tool of you use for its mobile application. I've used it and the best part of Using ginger is it shows marked color for suggestions so that you'll know what is issue.

There is nothing that i least like but you need to improve desktop user experience at least with Chrome

vor 8 Monaten

Hi Moh, Thank you so much for your feedback and for taking the time to post this review. I have passed on your feedback regarding the Chrome extension to our product. I look forward to improving Ginger together. Thanks again, Ginger Support team

William
Verlagswesen, Selbstständig

Ginger Grammar Tool - Good but not the Best

Kommentare: Before I tried other software, Ginger was great. But there are better, and less expensive, options for what I need.

It is simple to set up and use. No issues with these features.

Cost. Other software works a bit better for less money. Ginger doesn't seem to catch as many of my errors as other software. It leaves me with a false sense of being well written when it is not, sometimes.

letztes Jahr

Hi William, Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We strive to give our users a great experience, and it's our users' feedback that allows us to continuously evolve. Please share any examples of errors that Ginger didn't catch with us via https://tinyurl.com/4znj94vx. We look forward to speaking with you directly. Thanks again, Ginger Support team

Millard
Photographer in Costa Rica
Fotografie, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Do Not Respect their Cancellation Policy!

Kommentare: The program worked as advertised, but their cancelation process does not honor their policy. If you plan on never canceling the program then my complaint is not for you. But if you want to give it a try for a few months, beware of canceling your subscription. Their website is very shoddy and has no cancelation tool. Plus they ask for a "reference Number" which they NEVER provided.

It worked well enough to give it a good rating.

When I canceled my subscription they continue to charge me the monthly payment and their cancelation process is a "Contact Us" program. I received a confirmation that they received my request, but still charged me days later , even though I canceled well before my renew was due. So far no response from the Support Team, nor refund for the monthly fee they charged me after canceling. Still waiting for a proper response.

Antwort von Ginger Software

Dear Millard, Thank you for your honest feedback. Our refund is very simple. Once you wish to cancel your subscription all you need to do is send us an email with a request to cancel your subscription. We ask for a reference number just to make the search easier when looking for your order because not always the email provided is the same email you have used to sign up to Ginger. This info is also published in our website FAQ, we do not hide any information about how to cancel a subscription. You have contacted us asking to cancel your subscription and then you were charged again, our agent responded back letting you know that there was a but and therefore you were falsely charged. On October 28th we have refunded your last charge and canceled your subscription per your request. We are sorry for the confusion and hope that you understand that we honor every request that we get. Regards, The Ginger Team.

Felix
phd student in Norwegen
Forschung, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

ms word function doesn't work at all on windows 10 and office 365

Kommentare: Very poor! I wouldn't buy it again

The tool works when you click and paste the text into their software box, but you don't get as many suggestions as with Grammarly.

I would like to say that I do not recommend this product, because its announced feature to correct as you type in ms word has not worked one day on my fairly new computer with new software. I have contacted customer support, and they haven't been able to help at all, but I know they are in trouble due to the flash plugin making it hard for their software to be compatible with office etc. I asked for getting my money back, so that I could buy another correcting software, and they have not responded to this message. Also, I bought this product to help me in my final work with my phd thesis, and I am just very dissapointed that the money feels like flushed down the drain.

Antwort von Ginger Software

Hi Felix, Thank you for your review. The software has made many updates since your last comment, it is now fully functional in Word, Outlook and PowerPoint with improved features and a quicker response. Please ensure you are downloading the most recent version from our website. If you are still experiencing technical issues, please contact our support team - support@gingersoftware.com Sincerely, the Ginger team.

Shehan
Assistant Production Manager in Sri Lanka
Konsumgüter, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Ginger spell and grammar checker

Kommentare: I like it very much and I am using this software 1+ years. It really helps me to structure my writing without major errors. For daily emails I am using this a lot.

I like this software a lot because I can add Ginger extension to web browser - Chrome. So, whenever I make mistakes in writing online, it helps me to correct by writing. Even it provides rephrasing options as well. Awesome !

However, I am using Ginger online and if you need help from this software you need to have a good internet connection.

Antwort von Ginger Software

Hi Shehan, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! Love hearing that you enjoy using Ginger. Sincerely appreciate it :) All the best, The Ginger Team

nema
research assistant in USA
Forschung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Ginger

Kommentare: I would still recommend Ginger to anyone looking to improve their writing skills or simply ensure that their text is free of errors. While it's not perfect, it's a solid choice for anyone looking for a comprehensive proofreading tool.

One of the things I liked most about it was the grammar checker, which was very thorough and caught a wide range of errors, from simple spelling mistakes to more complex grammatical issues. The thesaurus feature was also really useful – it was a great way to expand my vocabulary and find alternative words to use in my writing. And the translation tool was a convenient way to quickly translate text into a variety of different languages.

I found the interface a bit cluttered, with so many different options and features to choose from. And I also found that the grammar checker could be a bit overly aggressive at times, flagging errors that were actually correct, which was a little frustrating. Finally, I thought the software was a bit expensive, especially if I needed to use it frequently or for large amounts of text.

letztes Jahr

Hi Nema, Thanks for taking the time to write us a review. We'd love to hear more about what we can do to improve! Please feel free to provide us with more information via https://tinyurl.com/4znj94vx so that we can improve your user experience. Thanks again, Ginger Support team

Amanda
Author in USA
Unterhaltung, Selbstständig

Efficient but slow

Kommentare: Ginger isn't terrible, but there are better editing software programs out there for a comparable price that also catch more errors. I believe there is a

Ginger Sofware goes through line by line, showing that line at the top of screen, which helped me to see any additional errors that the software does not catch.

The line by line read is a blessing and a curse. After a year, I switched to another editing program because Ginger was so time-consuming. I also found that too many suggestions didn't make sense, and after consulting with my editor, she agreed I had it correct and Ginger was wrong.

Antwort von Ginger Software

Dear Amanda, Thank you for your honest review. For us to improve and get better, it will be wiser if you could contact our support with some examples of errors Ginger was unable to catch so we can look it up and hopefully fix it accordingly. Support@gingersoftware.com Regards, The Ginger Team.

Sherry
Sherry
Embedded Software Developer in Indien
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Review for ginger

I like this software as it ease my writing skills and improve communication, by making my text more readable and user-friendly for the audience. I had been using it for enhancing my text for lectures and classes and it's such as bloss

No cons as such but price could be little improved. That is it should be little cheaper.

Antwort von Ginger Software

Hi Sherry, Thank you so much for your review. It is important for us to understand how our users feel about our products and we are happy to read that you get all the benefits of using Ginger.

Sasha
Sasha
CEO in Serbien
Konsumgüter, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Ginger review

Kommentare: For someone for whom English is not their mother tongue, Ginger is of great help.

This software is quite reliable in operation

What bothered me the most were the limitations in running the free version.

Antwort von Ginger Software

Hi Sasha, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! Love hearing that Ginger is useful for you when translating your writing. All the best, The Ginger Team

Dheepthi
SDE in USA
Computer-Software, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Worst Customer Support

Kommentare: Software is excellent but support is horrible. Now it's a pain in my head.

The Software is really good. That motivated me in purchasing monthly plan. When I found the my subscription is auto renewed after my purchase(whi

Software usage motivated me in purchasing monthly plan. When I found that my subscription is auto renewed after my purchase(there is no info shared in the purchase page). I don't like their approach so I decided to cancel. Then I found out, only way to contact them is via email. I created cancellation request and it's been 2-3 days with no updates. (the SLA termed is 24 hours to get back to the request) And the worst of all is, as a card holder and user I don't have access to cancel my subscription or remove my card. I don't want to end up paying because of poor customer support. Hope the team would see this and act of my request.

Antwort von Ginger Software

All of Ginger's subscriptions are recurring payments. However, you can log in to your Ginger profile page via our website, and on the main profile page, click on 'Cancel subscription' to cancel your auto-renewal process. Your subscription will remain active until the renewal date and then will be downgraded to a free account. Regards, The Ginger Team.

Tomas
Sw architect in Israel
Computer-Software, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Ginger good app

Kommentare: I'm not native speaker so it is must for my work.

Great for my work, for some reason i have more trust they dont steal my data, then gramerly. Great customer support

It is less useful in tech space, it cannot realy rephrase a sentence. Not dealing well with line breaks.

Antwort von Ginger Software

Hi Tomas, Thank you for your feedback. Rest assure that privacy is our main concern and that we do not store nor transfer any personal not sensitive data related to our user. It comes first in our priorities. Regards, The Ginger Team.

Sheza
Content Writer in Pakistan
Schreiben & Editieren, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Make Your Proofreading Easy With Ginger

Kommentare: When talking about the overall experience, Ginger is best for my work and for anyone who needs any kind of writing assistance. And, I appreciate their 24/7 customer support. The team contacts instantaneously and try to solve the issue as soon as they can.

The best thing about this software is the availability of its plugins for all the major browsing places. I use this tool for proofreading the emails that I am going to send. I'm an article writer and I need to pay a lot of attention and focus on grammar and this software assists me in avoiding different errors.

I don't know what the reason is, but sometimes the mistakes do not appear even after pasting the text on Ginger. Also, I feel that it's premium version is a bit expensive. Sometimes, the program hangs without any reason and all the editing is lost.

Antwort von Ginger Software

Hi Sheza, Thank you so much for leaving a review! Love hearing that it helps your writing. We now offer Ginger Premium starting at $9.99 a month if you buy a two year plan. Regarding your issues with correction not appearing, it seems like you found a bug. If you are still having issues, my direct email is ann@gingersoftware.com and I can further assist you. All the best, The Ginger Team

George
Technical Data Analyst in USA
Hochschulbildung, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Ginger

Kommentare: I'm able to have a second set of eyes (Ginger) review my email, memo, or documents before they are submitted.

I started using Ginger because I wanted someone of something to double check my grammar in email and documents. Out of convenience I installed Ginger plug-in to Outlook, the app, as well as using it via the browser. Overall, it works just fine and with use you will develop a difference writing style.

Once in a while, Ginger's suggestion is not in the right context. You just have to ignore it. Of the various ways to run ginger, I like the plug-in to Outlook.

Antwort von Ginger Software

Hi George, Thanks for the review. Love hearing that you use Ginger in Outlook. Sincerely appreciate it. All the best, The Ginger Team

Callie
Teacher in USA
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Ginger is Awesome for Students

Kommentare: I first saw Ginger on a student's iPad and it totally transformed his ability to edit and revise his work independently. It offers more than Google Docs spell-checker and, by offering phrasing suggestions, surpasses Grammarly's free software features.

I love that Ginger offers phrasing suggestions for your sentences and goes beyond basic spell-check functions. The synonyms offering is another great feature - this software offers so much more than Grammarly.

It doesn't automatically appear in word processing apps. Copy/pasting the content is one extra step and can easily be overlooked for students needing to edit their writing.

Antwort von Ginger Software

Hi Callie, Thanks for the review! If you use a Windows computer, we now offer Microsoft Office integration. If you are using a Mac, you can download our desktop app and we offer a Control+C+C shortcut that automatically pastes your text directly in the app. You can download them by using the links below. https://www.gingersoftware.com/ginger-for-windows https://www.gingersoftware.com/ginger-for-mac All the best, The Ginger Team

Vahid
Vahid
Research Assistant in USA
Hochschulbildung, Selbstständig

Easy to use and useful

-User-friendly -Easy to learn and use for beginners -It has an extension in chrome -Powerful in finding grammatical errors

-The only thing that I can say is that It is not compatible with Google docs.

Antwort von Ginger Software

Dear Vahid, Thank you for providing your feedback. Overall, we are happy to read that you enjoy our product. We are working to bring Ginger to Google Docs as well. Always at your service. The Ginger Team.

Maria
blogger in USA
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

I love Ginger!

Kommentare: I use Ginger mostly with my blog posts. I love that I just had to add it to Chrome and it automatically catches mistakes while I'm typing.

What I love about Ginger is that it works in the background and offers corrections to everything I write, whether it be an email or a blog post.

So far there is not really anything that I do not like about Ginger Software. It works well for me and is free.

Antwort von Ginger Software

Hi Maria, We are glad to read that, This means a lot to our work. Keep enjoying Ginger. Regards, The Ginger Team