Über Ginger

Schreibtools einschließlich Übersetzung, Korrekturlesung, Neuformulierung von Sätzen, Wörterbuch und Umwandlung von Text in gesprochene Sprache.

Erfahre mehr über Ginger

It's very easy to use and provides spelling and grammar correction.

Then I found out, only way to contact them is via email. I created cancellation request and it's been 2-3 days with no updates.

Bewertungen zu Ginger

3,6
4,0
3,8

Ginger hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,0 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 75 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Ginger bereits verwendet?

Olga
Olga
Edutainment Coach in Rumänien
Bildungsmanagement, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

A great way to start writing practice

Kommentare: Well, it is an outstanding tool, but only at some point of English learning. But for ESL/EFL Intermediate and Pre-Intermediate students it can become a powerful, motivating, encouraging and educative tool which will increase their passion for perfection. It helps as well to understand that all the mistakes, errors, typos, slips of tongue and slips of finger, blunders, gaffes and bloopers are valuable and any human being must learn from them and keep moving forward.

The software is based on Natural Language Processing and is probably derived from Generative Grammar by Noam Chomsky. This software is a powerful tool for those who have just started to learn English writing. It can be a great helping hand which will teach you how to paraphrase and what's more, it will demonstrate you the incorrect spelling. It will give you hints on adequate word meanings, can translate your wordings in more than 50 different languages. It is capable to read your texts out loud, can train you and motivate you. You will be able to easily use the program wherever you like: there are versions of Ginger for Desktop, Chrome, Safari, iOS or Android and even Microsoft Office. It can be your proofreader, coach and motivator. Such a great step for your writing progress. It is a great tool for Pre-Intermediate and Intermediate ESL/EFL Students.

I am not sure that there are versions for Linux (Ubuntu/Debian users).

letztes Jahr

Hi Olga, Thank you so much for taking the time to review Ginger! I sincerely appreciate your feedback and happy to hear you love Ginger. All the best, The Ginger Team

Teresa
self-employed in USA
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

Works Well

Kommentare: While the tool works well and improves my grammar by providing re-phrased sentence it doesn't always catch the punctuation.

Works well and give you some good suggestions on how to improve grammar.

Chrome extension causes delays in the text appearing when typing. The desk top app pop-up a lot. Doesn't always play nicely with other tools.

letztes Jahr

Hi Teresa, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! Glad to hear that Ginger is helping you improve your grammar and you're enjoying Rephrase. Regarding the desktop app pop-up - if you're referring to the Control+C+C shortcut, you have 3 options in your settings if you don't prefer this one! For the Chrome extension issues, I have shared this feedback with the team. If you have any compatibility issues on certain websites, you can email me directly at ann@gingersoftware.com. All the best, The Ginger Team

Digital Marketing Consultant in UK
E-Learning, Selbstständig

Adding spice to copywriting

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Ginger is a good, cost effective grammar software add on that works with both Widows and Mac. It integrates into a number of programs and is also available for iPad. As a native U.K. English speaker it offers that as a spell check and grammar as well as US English

The pop up can be intrusive in some web apps. In particular it has caused issues in Miro, browser based, when trying to add text

Crew in USA
Fluggesellschaften/Luftfahrt, Selbstständig

Watch out for automatic billing

3,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Automatic Billing, Poor Customer Service, No response to emails.

I was using another software, but it was more expensive. I decided to use this.

The desk top app pop-up a lot. It was very annoying, so I stopped using it. Poor interface, Automatic Billing, No notification before cancelling, poor customer service.

Wasim
Managing Director in Indien
Bildungsmanagement, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

I Used Ginger on Daily Basis

One of the best and my first ever used software is ginger that helps me to proofread the day-to-day mails and much more. It is like a backbone of me while writing.

Sometimes, I see ginger suggest unnecessary punctuation that is not required. I think the team needs to do more work on NLP.

Jayash
Director in USA

Good but not Superb

3,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Fair to Good, Replacement of sentence with some professional looking is excellent.

The way it makes the sentence looks professional

Poor Interface, No sync between devices.

Russell
Russell
Teacher, Consultant in USA
Bildungsmanagement, Selbstständig

Good option for grammar checking

Kommentare: It's a great tool! Give it a try - I think you'll be pleased.

There are a few good options in the field of grammar checking, writing, etc. and I feel that Ginger is competitive. Here's what I like: - If you are in need of help with profession writing (emails, etc.), Ginger has the ability to identify grammar errors, spelling, and even sentence structure issues. Although some platforms will do this for you, others will not, so it's always nice to have Ginger working in the background to help out. - It honestly does a good job. It doesn't always catch everything, but it catches a lot. - It's extremely simple to begin using. It takes no time at all to set-up. - You can try it for free to see if you like it. You can keep using the freemium version if you like what you see and only want help with basics. - It works as a Chrome extension in your browser. - Even if your sentence structure is fine, Grammarly will also offer advice/ideas for improving your writing. - I think using this actually helps speed up writing for me. I don't spend as long exhaustively reviewing/revising what I've written. - Works with Chrome an Safari, which is not the case with competitors. - You have the ability to find synonyms and a dictionary within Chrome. That's a brilliant feature.

I have no major concerns about Ginger. It's a very competitive tool within the field, and I appreciate what it offers. It would be great if they'd figure out how to integrate this with Google Docs, but I've read that they are working on it. It's also not necessary, since Docs recently improved their editing toolkit. I'm just pleased that this works as an extension in Chrome.

Antwort von Ginger Software

Thank you so much for a positive feedback. We appreciate it! Always at your service. Ginger!

SUSANTA
Professor in USA
Forschung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Customer service

Kommentare: Very bad experience once I am encountering a problem with the software. This is because there is no real person to help as customer support.

It is user friendly. Automated correction through word, made it easier to use.

Customer service. There is no real customer service. It has been one week, ginger software is not working. There is no direct person to help. Only after few days someone responding via email with different version of changes and nothing works. This is a gross violation of quality control of any industry. It should notified to all customers.

letztes Jahr

Hello Susanta, The latest update of Windows removed support for Flash Player. This prevents Ginger from working. We have launched a new Ginger app for Windows and Microsoft Office. In addition to fixing the issue with the latest Windows update, it features: Fast one-click correction from any application on your computer Smart alternatives to add creativity and style to your writing New Microsoft Office add-in to boost your productivity in Word and Outlook. Rephrase integration with Word, PowerPoint and Outlook A mistake by mistake explanation and correction in Word, PowerPoint and Outlook New shortcuts for Correction-(Ctrl+Enter) and Rephrase (Ctrl+R) To download the new version, please head to our download page - Grammar Check, Spell Check & Proofreading Ginger (gingersoftware.com) *Please remove Ginger's old version before proceeding and installing the new version!!! For further assistance, please contact support@gingersoftware.com Regards, The Ginger Team.

Bukenya kasiko
Deputy senior auditor in Uganda
E-Learning, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

For quite 1-2 years I have found this software interesting.

5,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: It has eased for me the task of writing in a language with which I'm not familiar.

Ginger is interesting when I'm writing any foreign language with which I'm not familiar.

No problem so far I have found with Ginger however they should improve to the level of Grammarly Business.

Carley
Student in USA
Hochschulbildung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Helpful in checking grammar

3,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Not bad, but I feel that there is a lot of room for improving Ginger to compete with other apps available in the market

Ginger is a helpful tool for grammar and spelling check. It is much better that MS word spell check and detects many grammar mistakes and typing errors

Ginger is not as good as other proof reading apps and needs a lot of development

Rozalliny
Graphic Designer in Südafrika

Sprinkle some ginger into your words for perfection

Kommentare: It is a great app and I had a great experience. More improvements can be made to make it even better but still a great app to use. It's more affordable than grammarly.

It's very easy to use and provides spelling and grammar correction. I also love that I can also get a ginger keyboard available even on my mobile device which is very convenient, and I also love their themes and emoticons on the keyboard. It's also great that it supports many languages.

I feel that it has room for improvement. The last time i checked they did not have a plagiarism checker

vor 8 Monaten

Hi Rozalliny, Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to know that you enjoy using Ginger. We are always looking for ways to improve and get better. Your reviews and comments help us to put a spotlight on our next steps and user requirements. We hope you will find Ginger to get better and better from your day-to-day use. Always at your service! The Ginger Team.

Researcher in Ägypten
Forschung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

A decent tool to improve your writing

Kommentare: I have been using Ginger for many years to check, correct, and rephrase my writing to make my papers flawless.

Very simple and easy-to-use tool. Flexible. it works on PCs and mobile. I like that it can be easily integrated into Microsoft word and chrome. Ginger has many helpful features, like paraphrasing and read back, which is very appreciated by non-native English speakers.

I find it very annoying not to work with Google Docs. Also, the chrome extension does not work properly. It would be great if there is full offline proofreading. Other than that, I am very pleased with Ginger.

letztes Jahr

Hello, Thank you for your feedback.. We currently don't fully support Google Docs but we are working to be fully compatible with Google docs. If you encounter with any technical issues, please contact our support staff - support@gingersoftware.com. Regards, The Ginger Team

Sushil
Managing Director in Nepal
Fotografie, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

This grammar checker is simple & free to use

Kommentare: I mostly use Ginger while writing company emails, notices, and articles. Upon adding its extension on Chrome browser, it instantly corrects the grammatical errors in my writing. They may, though, be working on incorporating it into Google Docs.

Ginger has an easy-to-navigate user interface. And, the most valuable part is that it does Grammar audits for free. Suggests accurate grammar corrections and even scans for sentence structure and corrects with better style and tones.

I often write on google docs, and Ginger currently does not work on it, and I have to copy and past it to Ginger every time for Grammar auditing and corrections.

letztes Jahr

Dear Sushil. Thank you for your review. We are happy to read that you enjoy using our products. You are correct, Google docs is currently not compatible with our extension. We are working to improve all our products on a daily base and as part of this hard work we are also looking to improve our support with Google docs.

diksha
Content Manager in Indien

Highly Reliable Software for Grammar and Spell checks

Kommentare: One of the best software to try that delivers high accuracy results. It helps you save your time and energy in fishing for the errors and rectifying the same.

Its ben three years now that I have been using Ginger Software and it has never let me down. As a writer I need to be quite particular about my grammar and spellings. Therefore, this software has everything to help me relieve for repetitive and the taxing process of checking for any grammatical or spelling errors, if any. Besides that it also provides various online drill sessions and tutorials to help one learn enhance his/her grammar.

The only thing that I do not like about Ginger is that it does not work in Google docs. Firstly you are supposed to write your text in the Ginger and then transfer the same from there to Google docs.

Antwort von Ginger Software

Dear Diksha, Thank you so much for your positive feedback. You are correct, at the moment we are not compatible with Google Docs, we are looking for better solutions and hopefully a full integration into Google Docs. We wish you to keep enjoying Ginger.

Jovana
Director in Serbien
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Spice Up Your Writing

Kommentare: Ginger has accuracy many grammar checking tools are lacking. It is simple to use, a bit pricey, but it seems that all alike software keeps the price up. But overall, a very positive experience.

I tried a number of grammer checkers and I still get surprised how (in)accurate some are. Well, Ginger is one of the most accurate. If only the price was more affordable.

I noticed that I too much rely on grammar chekers, so if your spelling is deteriorating like mine they should be to blame. :) But more seriously, they need to integrate wit Google Docs soon, that is a huge turnoff for many people.

Antwort von Ginger Software

Dear Jovana, Thank you for your feedback. We will take your suggestions into consideration. Regards, The Ginger Team.

Carrie Joëlle
Carrie Joëlle
Marketing Specialist in Kanada
Versicherung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Great Tool For Everyone

Whether you are publishing content or sending an internal memo Ginger is a great tool and ad on extension that integrates with your existing programs. It is great in a pinch when you do not have the time to have something proofed by copy writers.

It glitches at times and erases what you've written.

vor 9 Monaten

Dear Carrie Joëlle, Thank you for your review. We are thrilled that you love using Ginger. We are constantly improving Ginger and would be more than appreciative if you could send more information about glitches and erases to your writing. You can send any feedback and errors to ann@gingersoftware.com. Regards, The Ginger team.

Kreeti
Digital Marketing Manager in Nepal
Restaurants, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Software that corrects writing errors

Kommentare: Ginger helps me write my document more correctly and professionally. It also helps with a free personal dictionary that helps me understand the meaning of any word immediately.

Along with its Grammar editing feature, it offers a personal dictionary and a language translation feature that translates around forty different languages, which is impressive.

Ginger's grammar correction feature is not as robust as compared to other applications out there in the market as it sometimes fails to correct the grammatical errors upon variant in sentence structures.

letztes Jahr

Hi Kreeti, Thank you for taking the time to review us! We know Ginger isn't always perfect, but we're committed to making it the best it can possibly be for you. If you ever have any errors, you can email me directly at ann@gingersoftware.com. All the best, The Ginger Team

Christopher
Graduate student in USA
Hochschulbildung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Nice proof reading tool

Kommentare: So far, I am having a nice experience using this tool. Highly recommended for students.

Ginger page is nice tool that I use daily as grammar and spelling checker. I write professional email to my professors at school and to many employees at big companies. Ginger helps me to avoid any grammar mistakes which might sound unprofessional. The chrome extension is awesome and help me to avoid any mistakes.

The MS word Add-in of ginger crashes a lot on m computer

Antwort von Ginger Software

Dear Christopher, Thank you for your product perspective. We are sorry to read about the issues you have encountered with Ginger while using Office. Please allow us to try and solve this issue. Please, contact our support staff and they can take it from there. Just email - support@gingersoftware.com and we shall contact you back. Regards, The Ginger Team.

Nigel
Writer in UK
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

Really first class!

Kommentare: As a published writer, I left the mainstream went solo, and moved across to Amazon a few years ago. All was well, until the books were finished and it was time to proofread. As a now one-man-band, it fell to me to proofread... bad idea! My readers loved my books but many complained of proofreading errors - My bad.
I tried various software packages to wash my manuscripts free of errors but the situation didn't improve until I discovered Ginger. It marches through the manuscript with consummate ease, finding typos, spelling errors punctuation mistakes et all. In my humble (and experienced) opinion, Ginger is simply excellent!!

Better than any I have tried before. Ginger seems to trap just about every error in a 60,000+ manuscript.

Not a great fan of the price. I've used Ginger in the past and a returning discount would have been a nice touch.

Antwort von Ginger Software

Dear Nigel, It was heart touching to read your feedback. It just shows that hard work pays off. Thank you for a great review. Cheers, The Ginger Team.

Shehan
Assistant Production Manager in Sri Lanka
Konsumgüter, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Ginger spell and grammar checker

Kommentare: I like it very much and I am using this software 1+ years. It really helps me to structure my writing without major errors. For daily emails I am using this a lot.

I like this software a lot because I can add Ginger extension to web browser - Chrome. So, whenever I make mistakes in writing online, it helps me to correct by writing. Even it provides rephrasing options as well. Awesome !

However, I am using Ginger online and if you need help from this software you need to have a good internet connection.

letztes Jahr

Hi Shehan, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! Love hearing that you enjoy using Ginger. Sincerely appreciate it :) All the best, The Ginger Team

Gerrit
Director in Südafrika
Bildungsmanagement, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Ginger stop working

Kommentare: The company is not responsive to any user queries-
See: [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

It used to be a great product. It worked well with MS Word.

Ginger is taking people's money and its not working at all! Ginger stop working on MS Office - since Flash is required and is has been discontinued. It is also not working in Google Doc. They are now running a fraudulent operation. It used to be great and I was and will be a great fan - if it starts working again - At this stage they are sealing users' money!

letztes Jahr

Hello Gerrit, The latest update of Windows removed support for Flash Player. This prevents Ginger from working. We have launched a new Ginger app for Windows and Microsoft Office. In addition to fixing the issue with the latest Windows update, it features: Fast one-click correction from any application on your computer Smart alternatives to add creativity and style to your writing New Microsoft Office add-in to boost your productivity in Word and Outlook. Rephrase integration with Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. A mistake by mistake explanation and correction in Word and Outlook New shortcuts for Correction-(Ctrl+Enter) and Rephrase (Ctrl+R) To download the new version, please head to our download page - Grammar Check, Spell Check & Proofreading Ginger (gingersoftware.com) *Please remove Ginger's old version before proceeding and installing the new version!!! For further support, please contact - support@gingersoftware.com Regards, The Ginger Team.

Mohammed
Professor in USA
Hochschulbildung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Proof reading is now easy with Ginger

Kommentare: I used Ginger all the time and it really helps me to avoid any silly grammar mistakes.

I like the browser extension the most. It help me to proof read all my emails that I sent. As a Professor I usually pay a lot of attention to grammar and Ginger helps me a lot to avoid any embarrassing mistakes . I also recommend it for my students and they usually find it very useful and convenient for them.

Nothing so far that I can recall right now. Ginger has been always useful to me and to my students.

Antwort von Ginger Software

Dear Mohammed, We are delighted to read your review. Thank you for the positive feedback. We are happy that you have chosen our product. All the best.

Intern in Nigeria
Umweltdienstleistungen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

A renowned and impressive grammar checker tool

Kommentare: The functions of ginger are too much to look at it's negatives. It has so much helped me to write more like a pro.

It has plugins available for at least all major browsers. It has a great check accuracy, detects all major errors and grammatical blunders in your text. free version works fine too.

System app sometimes slows down my computer. I hope they resolve this for I still need to continue using ginger. I really have to bear with it to get the best of it's features.

Antwort von Ginger Software

Hello, Thank you so much for your review. We were happy to read your review and happy to learn you enjoy and benefit from using Ginger. We would suggest contacting our support staff to understand the technical issue you have mentioned regarding your PC. Please contact - support@gingersoftware.com Regards, The Ginger Team.

Vinay
Vinay
Graphic Design in Indien
Grafikdesign, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

for grammar and spell check

Kommentare: my overall experience with this software is very good. i am learning with the help of this software and improve my skills of speaking and writing.

the best part of this software that it does improve your skills of writing and even help in speaking skills. i like the way of this software to help someone, like chrome extension.

first thing it doesn't show one word mistake i mean it helps only in paragraph and doesn't translate the word like other software.

Antwort von Ginger Software

Hi Vinay, Thank you for contacting Ginger. Thank you for your feedback. If you are using the Chrome Ginger Writer or our Desktop app (for Windows) then you can see each mistake word by word. And you can also translate using these tools. We are happy to read that you enjoy our product. Regards, The Ginger Team.

arla
student in USA
Staatsverwaltung, Selbstständig

a review

Kommentare: I have learned that i make similar mistakes over and over again and ginger has pointed out those examples for me and I have been able to correct them.
I have used it to rephrase some sentences, and also to check the correct spelling in research papers

easy to use, even better than others currently on market. you can use it online or in word-documents. there is no limit in words or pages to check

it does not always understand the content especially if it is a specific research topic. I would like ginger to have more choices of how to refine or rephrase your own sentences

Antwort von Ginger Software

Dear Arla, Thank you for your feedback. As you know there is no perfect grammar solution out there, but we are doing the best we can the achieve that goal of being the best in the industry and as close to perfection as possible, Regards, The Ginger Team.