Über Smartling

Unterstützung globaler Unternehmen dabei, die Art und Weise zu ändern, wie ihre Inhalte erstellt und konsumiert werden.

Erfahre mehr über Smartling

Bewertungen zu Smartling

3,9
3,7
3,7
3,1

Smartling hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 3,5 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 12 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Smartling bereits verwendet?

ayse
ayse
translator in Frankreich

super

I was able to translate thanks to this software, or rather to work with a company on the other side of the world, with their instructions. It was fun. Interactive. Smooth to use.

nothing to say, it was great experience of work

Project Manager in USA
Übersetzung und Lokalisierung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

A great tool for website localization (if implemented properly)

Kommentare: The platform has streamlined an otherwise tedious process to manage. Marketing and localization projects can be tough to keep track of without a tool like this to track all the small moving parts. Seeing the translation in layout for a website is extremely powerful.

Smartling makes it very easy for companies to translate their website and manage multilingual updates to their content. It requires very little maintenance after setup for the client, and is simple and straightforward on the translator's side as well.

Smartling doesn't require the use of some of the features that make it so powerful, such as visual context. For one of our clients, we are translating their website, and despite our best efforts, they will not share the visual context with us. Apart from the live updates, this is one of the most powerful features of the platform, and allows the translators to provide the best possible translation. Context matters, but is sadly not required.

Marieken
Translator in Spanien

My favourite translation platform

5,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

It's easy to use, it offers room for contact and questions, has a great AI and good quality translation matches

I like every feature of this platform that I use daily

Frantisek
Frantisek
Freelance Translator in Slowakei
Übersetzung und Lokalisierung, Selbstständig

Average CAT tool with many issues

Kommentare: Smartling is an average CAT tool. It does what it needs to do, but it does not have enough advanced features. You (as a translator) are not in control of the files nor TMs, but that is OK. My biggest concern is that it is very slow in comparison to other (mainly non-cloud) tools. I know that this is the price you pay for being always online, but we don’t want/need to be always online. My internet connection is good and still it lags sometimes. Working with TM is also not very user friendly, searching in TM is slow and search algorithm is not perfect.
This CAT tool has a potential, but it needs to employ more features, allow the users to work offline, and give them better control of the files and TMs (not only to admins - who are often clients).
If you are looking for something easy, you might give it a try.

Smartling is quite easy to use, not very difficult to master.

Very few advanced features, too slow to my liking...

Project Coordinator in USA
, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

I've had a great experience with Smartling and their customer service.

I like that we're able to upload all of our content with ease and pull the strings we need to authorize for translation. Overall ease of use.

We wish it was less expensive. The price is pretty hefty and I know we'd prefer if it wasn't so high.

Head of Localization in USA
Übersetzung und Lokalisierung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

"Enterprise" sales staff

Kommentare: We were asked by a client to use Smartling for translations. We had heard great things (great marketing!) about Smartling from Smartling but never from any actual translators. Ultimately, Smartling is a large company with a sales staff as large as their engineering staff and they are really good at selling. But the translation software is really hard to use and many of our translators refused to use it after just 2 projects. That says a lot! We were able to convince our client to ditch Smartling and we've never agreed to use it again for any client.

Smartling has some great integration features for mobile app developers for very large organizations, but its cost-prohibitive and definitely not a "value".

The translation editor is worst-in-class. Literally every other translation editor I have used (and I have used a lot of them) works more quickly, more efficiently, and with a simpler user interface than Smartling's. It requires sales/customer service people just to set up and the limitations show that they don't really care about the translation part. They only care about integrating with the apps and selling monthly software contracts.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Transifex, Phrase und Crowdin

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Smartling: We didn't choose it, or customer did, and regretted it.

Dolmetscherin & Übersetzerin Es-En-De/ Traductora e intérprete Es-En-De in Deutschland

A kind of "meh" CAT tool. Very easy to use. New features are constanly being added.

Kommentare: Good for beginners. Very intuitive and easy to use.

First of all, I have only used Smartling for a handful of projects at the request of a couple of clients. The software is extremely intuitive and easy to use, so if you are an absolute beginner Smartling might be a good starting point, rather than full-blown CAT tools such as SDL Trados or MemoQ. Even though it is still a bit rudimentary at the moment, new features are constantly being added. The developers are in touch with translators and keep in touch through a newsletter.

I find Smartling lacking important features for a professional translator, so you might want to wait until new features are added. For instance, the first time I used it didn't highlight spelling mistakes, but this functionality has now been added (among others, such as a multi-string editor). The tag-handling functionality has also been improved.

adil
company worker in Marokko
Gewerbeimmobilien, Selbstständig

review smartling

Kommentare: It was a unique and useful experience, as I got distinctive and quick results through which I was able to save time to do other tasks, and this is considered very ideal for me

Speed ​​and ease of use, in addition to its unique feature, which is to download the entire content

I did not find any downsides other than the high price, but compared to the results obtained, the price is considered almost suitable

Bea
Spanien
Quelle: GetApp
kevin
Designer-Marketing in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Customer service fail

it works most of the time. Sometimes it doesn't and then it's hard to get any support at all.

Smartling does not support this product as it should.

Sr International Marketing in USA
Computer-Software, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Poor translation quality

This software is relatively easy to use and don't require much training to get used to it.

Their translation quality is actually really poor. Companies often make a mistake by thinking this is a localization tool but that's not the case. This tool is purely meant to translate your content and sometimes it's a purely literal translation from word a-to-z.

Anabella Valeria
Translator in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, Selbstständig
Quelle: GetApp

Smartling

Kommentare: I had a good experience using Smartling, but I prefer other translation softwares where I can see the whole document and not just the segment I am translating.

It is easy to use. I was assigned this year a project via Smartling platform and even without experience at that tie I could learn how to use it in a couple of minutes.

I was not able to see how the text I was translating would look like in the final document, I needed to send screenshots to the client in case of doubts.