Use on my main PC & Laptop for security

Bewertet am 22.9.2019
Amanda josalene W.
Fragrances
Bekleidung & Mode, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: McAfee helped me choose their software easily by providing me with a lot of detailed information and the pros to using their service. Their free trial helped me get a feel for the software & application, and I ended up purchasing their package so I could have security I needed for my computers.

Vorteile: McAfee has been my main security & virus screening application on my main computer (Windows) and laptop (Apple) since I first purchased both of them. I used McAfee due to the simple user interface and the accuracy. McAfee also does rather quick screenings in the background as well, so I don’t always have to go in and manually warrant a full computer scan. I find this conviennent because it usually slips my mind to do a computer scan, especially while I am busy doing work. Having a reliable virus/security screening software like this has been incredibly important for me since I am an online worker and own an online apparel business as well, meaning I absolutely need that extra layer of security on my computers to prevent me from getting hacked, spied on, losing my information, etc. I spend a lot of time using my computers and process sales online, so I cannot afford the risk of getting a virus or having anything hacked on my computer. McAfee also has regular needed updates, so it is never outdated and never working improperly.

Nachteile: I don’t have cons; I haven’t had to use their customer service yet, but I have heard mainly good things from others who had to use contact their customer service for any help.

Secure

Bewertet am 23.1.2020
Caleb A.
Administrator
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I uninstalled after so much lagging it was causing my computer to process.

Vorteile: I like the fact of how it protects my computer from viruses and does a little more. I used it everyday when it came as default on my PCs.

Nachteile: When it says the thing about the trial has ended I think having a fee for protecting a computer shouldn't even be charged. And also I do like how it protects your computer, but it makes the system works slow even if it works in the background.

A Stable Solution for Security Needs.

Bewertet am 9.11.2019
Deputy Manager I.T
Automotive, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: At the time of deployment, MacAfee Endpoint Security in 2015 it was a great selection due to good price point vs feature set, they have good internal support but support by local partner was lacking.
It has very heavy foot print, and management interface increases the learning curve

Vorteile: We were using MacAfee Endpoint Security since 2015, providing good endpoint protection, with great functionality and features, enabling us to mitigate threats and increasing user and network uptime.
The international support is also very competent, is there when you need it. Once there was a crptoware attack on one of our pc which we disconnected from network. There international support worked with us to build a custom patch for environment, so the threat could be stopped from spreading from a single pc.

Nachteile: There central management interface is not the easiest of interfaces, some time one has to do too much navigation to accomplish a simple task.
The MacAfee endpoint security is very resource hungry, specially the drive encryption feature can take a real toll on the hard disks.
Also the drive encryption feature creates headache for support staff, if they had to reinstall the operating system the drive needed to be decrypted and the decryption process is very time consuming taking even days to decrypt the drive.

Our Business Acquired 2 Major Viruses While Supposedly Protected By McAfee

Bewertet am 27.7.2019
Mary lee C.
Writer and Editor
Schreiben & Editieren, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I would not recommend McAfee because our business suffered major virus setbacks, despite safeguards, on the two separate occasions when McAfee was a primary security system. The second virus was so severe that everything saved to the lap top had to be wiped and the lap top reconditioned by Microsoft for us to ever use it again. Fortunately, we had most important material backed up, but it still caused a lot of trouble and a great deal of loss of time, which for a business connected to writing and editing, which operates always on deadlines, had an especially huge impact. By contrast, whenever we have operated with Norton as our main security provider (touch wood), we have not experienced any such severe infection. Equally, McAfee customer support, we found to be largely unhelpful, and had we not had customer support from Microsoft and Hewlett-Packard, we would have been at a loss, as our company is too small to have a tech team of its own.

Vorteile: McAfee Endpoint Security is, at least in theory, very extensive, covering a great deal in regards to threats and understanding threats, which is helpful.

Nachteile: Our business, which is small, maintains very high security settings, always keeping on top of updates and checks etc., and our few employees are very careful about virus protection and avoiding threats as much as possible. However, we rely on our security system. Twice we were for an extended period protected by McAfee, and on both occasions, not only were our laptops seemingly more susceptible to minor difficulties and the sorts of things that slow down the system/render it less reliable, we also ended up with two severe viruses.

An effective antivirus product from one of the leading security companies

Bewertet am 26.11.2019
Uzair A.
Resident Engineer
Öl & Energie, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We use McAfee Endpoint Security as a primary security solution to protect our infrastructure nodes. We have also integrated it with McAfee EPolicyOrchestrator (EPO) in order to manage all the ENS nodes from a single console.

Vorteile: Its ability to integrate seamlessly in all the major OS (Windows, Linux, Mac OS) and granular level of customization to suit specific needs are one of the greatest features in ENS. Also, with its additional modules, we can further enhance its capabilities to achieve maximum protection.

Nachteile: It would be better if it has the feature of determining the missing critical OS updates.

Good security, but not perfect

Bewertet am 20.12.2019
Drew S.
Assistant Operations Manager
Immobilien, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: McAfee has been a good security software for a while. The computers using this have not been impacted by any sort of ransomware or malware. One of our other offices did not use this and downloaded some ransomware that almost cost us years of files, but we contacted an emergency IT team who solved the problem and recommended better security.

Vorteile: * We can use one account for all of the computers at our offices, so no need to buy individual licenses/programs for each one
* Established program that is always updating and trying to stay ahead

Nachteile: * No security program is perfect. There are some threats that definitely go undetected by this. I use this in conjunction with a few free tools from Malwarebytes to keep all of the computers free of problems

Endpoint security - Solid risk prevention

Bewertet am 9.10.2019
Paul T.
IT Project Manager
Telekommunikation, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Solid solution, with a low pricepoint

Vorteile: Strong check on possible executables. This helps regular users to install cryptolockers e.g.
The scan is performed via remote solutions, so costs less local CPU usage.
No corruption of definition is possible

Nachteile: When scanning larger powerpoints, ( 60 - 100 MB ) a delay takes place. It always scans, which is both the biggest upside and downside. When using a slower connection, this causes impact due to the offsite scan nature of the endpoint security platform

I feel secure

Bewertet am 2.1.2020
Lasasha R.
Graphic Designer
Grafikdesign, Selbstständig

Kommentare: With today's growing technology knowledge and the ability for people to just hack you and get all of your information it is definitely worth having an extra layer of security on your devices.

Vorteile: What I like most about the software is that it definitely makes me feel secure. If for whatever reason I come across a website that is questionable McAfee blocks it and asked me did I mean to go there any let me know that this website is potentially a threat to the safety of your computer.

Nachteile: What I didn't use to like most about it was the amount of notifications I got before I knew how to mute the notifications from appearing so often on my computer they used to come up quite a bit but now I don't have any cons.

McAfee Endpoint

Bewertet am 22.11.2019
Nicholas F.
Logistics Clerk
Luft- & Raumfahrt, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Our company recently switched to this security software. It runs a lot smoother than the previous software. The application is very easy to navigate.

Nachteile: The only downside to this software is the time of day that it runs security scans is usually inconvenient.

Feel safe and confident when surfing the web and sharing drives

Bewertet am 14.12.2019
Eduardo L.
Corporate Procurement
Bau, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I feel really safe when running mcafee on my computer, the threats database is really extense and I can safely surf the web and insert usb flash drives without the hassle of "what if" some virus affect my computer.

Vorteile: This software runs background and you barely notice it's there.. until you need to. When there is a breach or a potential harm to your computer, this software alert and attack the bad code inmediately.

Nachteile: There are compatibility issues with Windows 10 and you must have a good computer with enough RAM and clock speed in order to run your programs smoothly while running mcafee in the background.

In a world with a lot of security options, it's hard to pick just one

Bewertet am 12.10.2018
Enterprise Success Coach
Internet, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We used McAfee for two years when we decided to cancel our license. This decision was 100% because another company offered us a deal we couldn't refuse. I don't want to name the other company because I know the deal is no longer offered. Long story short, this new tools seems to make my computer run a little faster, and they claim to be just as secure. I have never suffered a major security breach at any company I have worked with, and I am glad I haven't. Who is to say whether that is coincidence or whether these tools are doing their job. At the end of the day, buying any security tool is a bit like buying a body guard. There's always going to be someone that could take that guard down with the right amount of force. You have to find the guard that makes you feel safe and helps you sleep at night. I never lost a single night's sleep with McAfee, and I have maybe lost one or two with this new company. You have to find the guard that is right for you.

Vorteile: Great interface. Everything about McAfee's brand and tools feels and looks professional. I can tell that they take security very seriously. I have had minimal interaction with their Support Team, and my issues were quickly resolved. Set up is extremely quick and self explanatory. Getting my team set up was done in less than a week after purchase, and McAfee has been doing it's job quietly in the background ever since. Because it's such a widely used tool, most problems can be solved with a quick Google search. Which is a huge plus for a guy like me.

Nachteile: I am not tech savvy enough to understand why, but I feel that McAfee slows my system down more than some of the alternatives I have used. And I am fairly tech savvy. It's really frustrating to adopt tools that are supposed to improve your safety, but it's hard to love them when they are reducing your productivity. That being said, if you are vetting these tools for a large company, I would imagine this slowdown is well worth the peace of mind McAfee can otherwise bring. I feel like scans can take longer than expected sometimes, making it difficult to find the right time of day to perform them (in the morning it can halt a teammate's productivity, but at the end of the day it could extend past closing time). I always hate to mention price as a con, especially for things that can save your millions of dollars, but McAfee is not cheap. I'll let you work out whether or not that matters for you and your business.

Feel protected at any time

Bewertet am 28.10.2019
Binujaya P.
Software Engineer

Kommentare: All in all, this software provides a great safe for your computer from viruses and some unwanted errors that may occur but it’s not too great. It needs some improvement and they need to reconsider the price. There are other much cheaper and better software that you can find and use plus they will offer you better protection.

Vorteile: McAfee is a great anti-virus tool. They have a great supporting team and are very helpful when you need help from them. If some problem occurs they are solving it very fast, which is something that I like most. This software has helped me and protected my computer from viruses for a long time. It recognizes almost all of the viruses plus the new ones that come up every day. Also, McAfee does a pc scan on its own which is something very nice because sometimes you can forget about scanning your pc and to find out that you have some errors or viruses on your computer.

Nachteile: What I don’t like is that it slows my computer a lot. I don’t know why is that happening, maybe because they added something that it’s not needed in the program or some software error however they need to fix that. Another thing that I dislike is that sometimes the scan for errors and viruses take too long. Plus it takes a lot of your memory when you do a scan. If you don’t have enough memory then this is not the right product for you. In the end, the price is not cheap. For anti-virus program that has a lot of things to fix the price is way too high.

To save you from Malware Threats!

Bewertet am 21.3.2019
Dilanka Y.
Global Support Analyst

Kommentare: When talking about my experience both I and my brother and also a lot of my friends are using McAfee as the anti malware protection product for our machines. I think this helped me to keep my machine safe for the past 2 years. Our previous office lap tops also secured using this.

Vorteile: For the sake of the beginners, this is a system that protect devices in the cloud or in a network from security threats. In other words it is an anti malware protection product which is designed to secure windows systems. It is easy to use and the latest version is faster than the others. It is suitable for the users even who are unaware of technical processes. It is updating with the time and the newest version is always well improved than the others. It is very efficient. It can block viruses even just in few seconds. It can detect every virus and malware ad provide real time protection. Unlike the others, most of the times, the latest version of McAfee does not slow down your PC while it is booting. According to my opinion, McAfee is lesser expensive than the other related products in the market.

Nachteile: It is using kind of large amount of memory while scanning.
Old versions occur a noticeable slow down.
It is great if the efficiency can be improved.

10 Stars!

Bewertet am 3.5.2019
Alyssa J.
Professional
Bildungsmanagement, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I truly have had an awesome experience with McAfee and I would come back to this service, time and time because it truly is worth it. It eliminates problems and provides top of the line protection, so that I don't then have to problem solve. So, if I had to name this software, I would consider it to be the Ultimate problem solver.

Vorteile: I've been using this security protect for the past 4 years on my MacBook. It hands down is the best in comparison to its competitors. I love that I don't need to actively do anything, to ensure that I am protected, it simply works in the background. It was truly a great investment, as, I kid you not, I have never had one single scare or worry. I know that I am safe because, the program runs malware checks and updates every day and once for the week, every two days. I also like that the interface is easy to navigate, if I decide to do a manual scan of everything on my computer, I simply have to click scan. Not a lot of different steps and the reports are always clear and easy to understand.

Nachteile: Its so good at times, I almost forget about it. It would be good, if I were to get periodic notifications. Also, the scans do take a really long time to complete, so you have to be prepared to not use your computer for a good hour and a half.

A very good tool to protect against malware

Bewertet am 13.9.2019
Ethan C.
software developer

Kommentare: In general, mcafee endpoint security is a fairly complete and versatile tool to detect and eliminate malware, although there is still much to improve.

Vorteile: Mcafee is an excellent tool to protect devices, what I like most about McAfee endpoint security is its very complete and intuitive interface, very easy to understand and use even for the less experienced.
Mcafee endpoint security is quite complete and versatile, I can use it on all my devices without any problem. Besides, its technical support is quite efficient and responds quickly, thanks to this I have always solved all the problems I have had with McAfee.
Although McAfee endpoint security is a very good option, many cons made me leave it.

Nachteile: What I mainly don't like about McAfee endpoint security is that its performance blow is quite high, significantly slowing down the productivity of my device.
It is also clear that notifies and results in many false positives or does not detect viruses that other antivirus software detect with relative ease.
However, it is a fairly complete and relatively inexpensive tool.

Mcfeee Endpoint Security

Bewertet am 2.11.2018
Operations Engineer
Computer-Vernetzung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It was not entirely appropriate, although it is very stable (it does not generate any crash of the service). The protection against malware in real time is efficient but against viruses, they need to extend the database more against them. Uninstalling the agent is not necessary administrative privileges are needed, therefore it is not recommended for any end user.

Vorteile: The solution can work silently. It allows to protect the mail electronic, web mail, peer-to-peer applications, instant messaging, communications via Skype, type of transfer (HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, Wi-Fi), media (USB, CD, DVD) , the printers, the fax. - Supervision: allow data transfer.
- Prevention: block the transfer of data.
- Alert: notification to administrators.
- Encryption: guaranteed encryption before data transfer.
- Quarantine: awaiting authorization.

Nachteile: It needs to improve the heuristic, it does not detect many low impact viruses that are detected and corrected by freeware versions of other antivirus. It consumes many resources and installs features separately executing several services, in my opinion these can be unified. The number of viruses it has in a database is relatively low. It needs to be more extensive according to the market of new threats in the network.

One of the best antivirus software with firewall protection and real-time scanning

Bewertet am 9.9.2018
IT Professor
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Really effective antivirus software that helped me remove many virus and trojans from my machine.
It also helps me protect my data through real time scanning and firewall security measures.
There are also frequent updates to this software for improvements or new features.
It is one of the best antivirus and antispyware applications.
Need to buy subscriptions per PC annually and works really great.
Gives decent reporting about the areas scanned, infected or any issues detected.
It also provides option to quarantine viruses and malwares.
One of the best useful feature is the schedule scan, which helps me schedule a scan on daily or weekly basis for enhanced security, keeping the computer safe and working super fast.
Scanning different areas on the hard drive doesn't slow down the performance too.

Nachteile: Not very efficient for malware removal, but serves the purpose of virus and trojans.
Removes infected files instantly before warning, at times difficult to recover the files without infection.
Seems to be one of the best security softwares in the market as compared to it's competitors QuickHeal and Norton.

Endpoint to Cyber Attackts

Bewertet am 21.3.2019
Bhagya M.
HRM Student
Hochschulbildung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our Firm is using McAfee End Point Security for 3 Years and It really helps to maintain a problem-free IT environment and allowed every employee to work smoothly.

Vorteile: McAfee Endpoint Security helps to streamline the IT infrastructure of the firm by limiting the problems from Viruses, Trojans, Spams and everyother cyber related problems. It automatically cleans the infected files. And frequent updates to application is enhancing the protection to latest cyber attacks. The User Interface is also eyecatching and easy to navigate. Cross platform support is really helpful to firms which using linux, windows and mac operating systems. At the end, the application's activities are neatly logged and fedback to user/administrator and to the Mcafee company to improve the Quality.

Nachteile: It sometimes very problematic application for low-end devices, because it use some considerable amount of processing power to run the application. Sometimes, infected files (previously valuable files) are automatically removing without repairing, which cannot be undo. And the price of the application is also pave the path to think again about buying the software.

Protects operating systems, files, among others. Easy to manage, and agile to detect threats.

Bewertet am 18.7.2018
Maryorie H.
Docente
1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: This software allows the integration of several endpoint protection technologies that help combat and analyze threats that can cause damage to computers, programs, files, emails and systems. McAfee Endpoint Security uses very advanced defenses that allow it to detect malicious actions before they are executed, that is, it deciphers the behaviors of suspicious actions that could cause damages such as viruses, adware, trojans, spyware, among others that attack the computer system. As for the management it is easy to manage, it allows the protection of the information that is kept in the files, and when you open the program with just a clicks you start to execute the protection, or you can program it, and for those who do not have as much knowledge of operating systems, McAfee Endpoint Security is compatible with Windows and Mac, among others.

Nachteile: It is a very good software, maybe it presents some problems of incompatibility, but it is more of a lack of knowledge of the one that installs on the requirements of the program than of the program itself.

End to End protractor for Corporate Machines!!

Bewertet am 28.9.2018
Co Founder at A&B Advertising
Internet, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Have been using this software for the past 2 years and it's the best which I have used so far.
It also keeps secured all the computers in the network which we use in our company, so if you are looking for a company network level protection then this is the best option available in the current market.

Vorteile: No matter how careful you are while downloading or installing a software OR while browsing the internet, there is always a risk of getting hacked or attacked by malicious worms or virus or any online threats.
To be safe and secure you need an Antivirus Software which safeguards your PC/laptop from such online threats.
McAfee Endpoint security is one of the best antiviruses I have used which is very easy to manage and very effective.
Always keep updating with latest protection security patches against viruses and keeps system protected.

Nachteile: - Might slow the booting time of your system - but that is only when your system is starting.
- Little more expensive than I'd like.
- Sometimes it blocks software which we use, which we might have to manually allow to run.
- Not too many issues which I can mention as of now.

Essential protection for your personal and commercial information

Bewertet am 3.8.2018
Valeh S.
Senior software developer

Kommentare: If you want to make your files, pictures, projects and future plans protected then McAfee Endpoint Security must be your first choice.

Vorteile: McAfee Endpoint Security saved me from serious attacks several times. It happened while opening scam mails, installing unknown softwares and visiting less secured websites. With endpoint defense technologies McAfee Endpoint Security foresees and prevents threats in real time before they infect your computer. Nowadays with the improvement of the internet technologies cyber attacks also increased. As I am working in a big company business plans of our company and their security are very important for us. To keep our information safe and secure McAfee Endpoint Security is our choice among corporate endpoint protection products. The best feature of McAfee Endpoint Security is absolutely machine learning algorithms to help identify malicious behavior. It continuously develops itself while protecting you and prevents you from new attacks.

Nachteile: After using McAfee Endpoint Security there was a little delay in my computer's boot time. Actually my computer started a little late compared before. But it is not big problem for me considering it protects me from big data loss.

High Quality of Preventing Threats of McAfee

Bewertet am 13.12.2019
Student
Finanzdienstleistungen, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I highly recommend using McAfee for people who really love to download different online applications from many sources. Also, it is for business to protect customers and organization information. McAfee surely to keep your security at the highest protection from different threats and viruses.

Vorteile: McAfee provides a solid wall to protect the technology devices away from threats. It gave me a high safety feeling to my laptop after using it for more than two years. In the past, I have downloaded many things from unknown websites, so I worry a lot about those securities. Since I used McAfee, my worries about them reduced significantly. Also, I have checked my laptop whenever I download something with McAfee. McAfee creates a trustworthy for users. Moreover, McAfee monitors your device to ensure they are normally operating. It is a reliable security software.

Nachteile: The appearance looks complicated to the first time users. Also, I can only use McAfee to scan viruses on my laptop without doing anything else because it will cause laggy to other activities performed at the same time.

Threat prevention, Firewall, Web control and ATP in single pack

Bewertet am 28.11.2019
Salman A.
Asst Manager
Automotive, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Its Easy to be managed and deploy antivirus software remotely that provides the signature as soon as any attack is reported.

Vorteile: Its perfect product for client side firewall, Web control and Threat prevention.
Its easy to be deployed via EPO and reporting features are awesome.
Some basic level DLP features are also available in the suite.

Nachteile: Bulk modification at client side is difficult.
Troubleshooting functionalities are limited.
Deletion is not a easy task if we want to revoke from a system

Absurdly powerfull! Easy management

Bewertet am 17.5.2019
Amadheo N.
IT Analyst

Kommentare: McAfee ENS is a good product and superior compared with legacy McAfee VSE. Sometimes the protection against zero day malware is not so good (Just in case when using McAfee GTI thah analyze .exe, .pdf and .apk files); for email or office threats I feel like I'm not protected so I deeply recomment to use the module McAfee Adaptative Threat Protection with machine learning activated. In this last case the ENS is boosted and becomes perfect and light running in the system.

Vorteile: Managed by ePO the ENS is amazing product for large organizations and easy to manage. Modern and easy to see and get compliance for all environment. The engine and detection method are absurdly powerfull

Nachteile: Interface is fluent and user friendly although a bit slow navigating in the product settings.

Mcafee Endpoint Security- One software for all protection

Bewertet am 18.10.2018
Gurmandeep S.
SEO Analyst

Kommentare: I have relied upon various Security software in recent time but I didn't find any match for it. I still use this software for web and server security, system & network security. New user require some time to learn about the features but after everything lokks fine.

Vorteile: Mcafee Endpoint Security software has assisted us in protecting our code and confidential data from all kind of threats. This is the best Security software I ever came across. The best part here is that Mcafee Endpoint Security includes virus scan, web security, firewall protection. It seemed like that everything was served in one place. Software supports both operating systems Linux and Mac, moreover, it also works well on Windows and other OS. Its web security features really helped us a lot as we need to protect web users from all kind of security threats. Firewall protection never let any hacker to attack computer and server which make sure data is secured. In this software, I have found various improvements like design, speed etc.

Nachteile: I have spent a reasonable time with software and still use it every day to prevent various threats. The thing I did not like the most about this software is that its complex user Interface. when I first time started operating it, I couldn't understand all the features well. But with time everything started getting good.