Traditional and trustful solution for corporative environments

Bewertet am 14.9.2018
Fernando D.
SAP BW Consultant

Kommentare: It is my job partner, it protects me along my day without being disturbing. Rarely I see an advice for it or need to take a manual action, and it stills there, doing its good job. I recommend it, for sure!

Vorteile: In our company we use it for all the employees. Our IT department has full control over adjustments of all the installations. Employees don't need to worry about scheduled scannings, updatings, fine tunning or anything else. Its pre installed on all the machines and is there to protect, not to disturb. Its awesome!

Nachteile: What can be a pro in one hand, can also be a con in the other hand. The way it works on client machines, by being configured by IT department and not locally may cause some troubles. You just can't set an action different than quarantine a suspect object. But we all know that sometimes it can be a bad judgment from the antivirus side, like a driver for Android that I needed to install and it was classified as unknown source and therefore didn't allowed me to proceed with installation. At least an option to ignore the object could be better.

LONG TIME Symantec user, and still on board.

Bewertet am 2.8.2018
Brett V.
IT Manager
Design, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Symantec has protected my customers for many years, and I use it in our company also. We've never experience a threat that wasn't, or couldn't be, isolated and removed or quarantined. It's been a very cost effective solution for our company paired with our hardware firewall.

Vorteile: It's very easy to install and administer, as either a stand alone endpoint installation or a managed client endpoint. Updates are automatic and the built in firewall is very effective. I've been using Symantec products since we replaced McCrappy throughout our entire organization (enterprise class healthcare organization with multiple hospitals and ambulatory care sites) and have rarely had anything get past it. Given the state of Ransomewear today however, I highly recommend connecting your endpoint AV to a cloud database for realtime and zero day scanning and remediation. Symantec one of the oldest players in the channel and still one of the best.

Nachteile: The one problem I've experienced using Symantec Endpoint Protection over the years is that from time to time (rarely and generally localized to a workstation) the local database gets corrupted somehow and a number of steps need to be followed to repair the software and get updates flowing again. Simply uninstalling and reinstalling does not do that trick. Past that, it's always been a great asset.

Software protection for your computer

Bewertet am 12.12.2019
Vicki F.
Practice Manager
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Save computer downtime and disruption. Helps to keep our data safe and free from malware and viruses. This prevents the cost of having to wipe and reprogram computers. there is a time and expense with this, not to mention the chance of losing critical information.

Vorteile: Like this software because I know that they are monitoring my computer 24/7 for viruses that could infect or even destroy my data. When I review something on the web or if I click into an email, this software will immediately notify me if it is a virus and takes care of it. Since the software itself is updated daily, they are always on top of making sure that the program is able to check the latest viruses. this is very important to us, because we need our data secure and our computers working in top condition.

Nachteile: I really have not found anything I don't like about this program - it works behind the scene doing what it needs to do. No software is full proof, because people are always coming up with new ways to create harm and be malicious. Since using this software we have had only one case of being attacked by a virus.

3 years in, saved us multiple times with only the occasional hiccup.

Bewertet am 9.10.2019
Dale S.
Network Admin
Lagerung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The cloud console has a pretty iffy layout that can be a bit cumbersome at times. It is mostly annoying when you first start with it. However once you get past the initial setup and build your profiles, it is easy to use it going forward. You deploy it to the user, then chose their profile group, chose if they need file and printer sharing, you can lock down USB, and other nice features. In general its been a great experience outside of a few little things.

Vorteile: Easy to deploy once you have it all set up. It allows a decent amount of configuration and profiles can be set based on the individual users needs. It is also pretty much set and forget 95% of the time. The cloud console will tell if their are any specific users with issues and let you know about threats that have been detected and on what machine it happened on. All good stuff.

Nachteile: The cloud component is a separate installation form the actual AV client(according to windows). If the installation fails for any reason you have to get the Symantec removal tool and run that prior to reinstalling the software, otherwise you end up with the cloud component being fixed and the AV component still broken. This can get time consuming and will require multiple reboots which is not fun on a server you need up and running. It is also prone to nagging about rebooting prior to installation, so sometimes you have to get 3-4 reboots in to get it workings. This is rare but does happen.

Use to be fantastic. But that was then. My, how things have changed.

Bewertet am 30.12.2018
Chaucer W.
Accounting Manager

Kommentare: For quite a few years I had Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) deployed across servers and workstations in multiple offices. At the time, I found it to offer the best balance of effectiveness and efficiency. Customers support was prompt and professional, and even after I fled the IT profession to preserve my sanity I kept SEP running on my own home computers. All was well until I upgraded to version 14, at which point everything pretty much went to hell. Experiences that I have had with the new version of SEP: • Total system lockups during every comprehensive system scan. The only way for me to get through a scan was to limit the scans to known file types.
• The SEP client grabbing every available CPU core without warning, even when there are no scans or updates scheduled.
• Technical support whose philosophy is apparently "Make the customer suffer enough and they will never complain again."
I spent a least than eight hours doing the bidding of the Symantec's support folks, but when it became apparent that they couldn't solve the problem I tried to close the support case as "problem not solved". At which point they made it clear that they intended to keep me jumping through hoops indefinitely. I finally told them that their constant stream of emails demanding yet more logfiles constituted harassment, and I blocked them at my email gateway for extra protection. Great job, folks. Now, I use Sophos.

Vorteile: Incredibly granular control of each security component, customizable to suit a broad range of business environments. IF you can get it to run, you get an amazing amount of control over the security policies in place for different types of machines and different offices within your business.

Nachteile: A tech support team trained in the dungeons of Mordor by the Dark Lord himself. Oh, and about SEP v14 bringing my system to it's knees: I'm sure that some of your customers love that, but I'll pass.

Antivirus for systems

Bewertet am 25.9.2019
Sonu S.
Operational Manager
Bankwesen, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: In a organisation spreading of virus and threat spreading is common issue. In order to protect from such incidents protection is being used.

Vorteile: As it is implemented on a centralized server, Pushing update is easy. We can monitor the healthiness of each endpoints that is every system.
If one threat is detected it can be analysed and stooped.

Nachteile: It also detects some files which doesn't contain any virus and are not threat to system.

Barely Know It's There!

Bewertet am 3.12.2019
Amber P.
Ticketing & Box Office Manager
Unterhaltung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It has been great to have this software because my department does deal with customer data and credit card information.

Vorteile: Working as a subset of a university, we are used to being on lockdown in terms of our desktops and laptops. They added the Symantec to our new desktops about a year and a half ago, and I have to say, I like it a lot better than our previous firewall/virus software. It doesn't have all of the popups that interfere with your work, and my system doesn't seem to be bogged down by the software. It's doing its job and I don't even know it's there!

Nachteile: Honestly, I haven't had any issues from this software, from the user end of things. It has been very convenient and no problems.

A complete protection tool.

Bewertet am 12.1.2020
Chelsea G.
District Sales Manager
Konsumgüter, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our systems are much safer since several years ago we implemented SEP, this antivirus is a complete protection tool that keeps our computers clean and allows us to make a permanent control of the activities of employees with low level of access, allows us to prevent USB access to any device on the network which allows our information can not be stolen either digitally or physically.

Vorteile: It is my favorite antivirus, I have tested many protection software throughout my career and I believe that SEP is the only one that has the necessary features for our systems to be well cared for and protected from all kinds of threats malware and spyware, I like the full reports where it informs us of incidents that we had not noticed since besides taking care of us efficiently is a software that does not bother with frequent notifications.

Nachteile: It never brings problems, works quickly and keeps us safe at all times.

It provides us with complete protection.

Bewertet am 8.1.2020
Rose J.
Sample & Marketing Coordinator
Finanzdienstleistungen, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Symantec is a comprehensive protection software that permanently protects all our company's systems, protects us against malware, ramsomware and all kinds of viruses, quickly alerts us to a threat and allows us to perform deep scans which allows us to better care for the entire device network. I recommend it because it has kept our systems clean and secure.

Vorteile: Symantec is very good software, it provides us with a complete protection that allows us to monitor all our devices and take care of our databases and all the information in the company, it prevents foreign devices from entering the network and reports any abnormality.

Nachteile: I have no complaints about this software, it is invisible but powerful.

one strong antivirus for windows

Bewertet am 30.9.2019
Pedro P.
programmer

Kommentare: really good antivirus and protection tool, you can use on a network so is transparent for the users installed and used

Vorteile: It's a really good antivirus and first defense, integrating also a firewall it can be used on the network and keep your PC protected

Nachteile: it could slow your PC and some of the updates requires a restart, the firewall is good but sometimes it block everything

Symantec, is a security software suite for server and desktop computers

Bewertet am 14.3.2018
Vasu N.
Lead MTS

Kommentare: Endpoint security securing the endpoints on a network, often defined as end-user devices such as mobile devices, laptops, and desktop PCs, although hardware such as servers in a data center are also considered endpoints and verifies every packet that comes in as well as that goes out.

Vorteile: Symantec, is a security software suite, which consists of anti-malware, intrusion prevention and firewall features for server and desktop computers and have been using Symantec Endpoint Protection past 15 years in our organization on all Desktops, Laptops, and Servers and all the departments of the organization.we use Microsoft Windows exclusively, so this pertains to Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 R2 for server operating systems. We have it deployed on Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 for endpoints. Basically protecting the corporate network when accessed via remote devices such as laptops or other wireless and mobile devices. Each device with a remote connecting to the network creates a potential entry point for security threats. The best tool to monitoring N/W security status, activities, software, authorization and authentication.
Symantec is more than antivirus,Effective and accurate antispam protection,Fast protection at the Web gateway,Fast and easy protection,Safeguard intellectual property and finally it's Ensure compliance.

Nachteile: Having to reboot each client after a version upgrade can be troublesome.
LiveUpdate client sometimes breaks and requires a fix to repair the client. This is needed to ensure the client receives timely updates and definitions.

Symantec Endpoint Protections - guards critical data safely

Bewertet am 17.4.2019
Senior Software Engineer
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are working in a health care sector which resides lot of critical and personal data. Data security is our main concern, Symantec endpoint protection provides us with the end to end security of files and customer data. it is installed in all the employees laptop and installation an configuration is easy, Automatic updates makes life simpler. The end user doesn't have impact on the scans being run on the system, occasional rebooting of system is required when any updated are done to the system. Overall a very good antivirus and Malware detection and kill software used in most of the high level corporate companies.

Vorteile: 1. Compatible with all versions of Windows and Mac OS.
2. We use the cloud version of the software,Email notifications and logs about malware and virus detection are cool features.
3. Updates are automatic, we used to do it manually .
4. Build in firewall function is very effective as we get data from many sources.
5. Scans are even done on the applications being downloaded from web which ensures 100% safety.
6. Easy to scale up ad down based on the number of devices.
7. Proactive threat protection option is very useful.
8. The weekly and monthly scan reports can be scheduled and automated and the logs are very descriptive.
9. The interaction with the end user is very minimal and doesn't create any pop ups unnecessarily.

Nachteile: 1. Annual renewal fee is little higher compared to other vendors.
2. Around 30 to 40% of the CPU resources are consumed during the scan process.
3.The laptop becomes slow while accessing files and data.

Anti-Virus Software That Does Its Job!

Bewertet am 17.11.2017
Kory M.
Systems Administrator

Kommentare: Antivirus / Malware protection, and endpoint firewall protection.

Vorteile: For an Anti-Virus / Firewall software, it is pretty quiet, meaning that it doesn't pop up all of the time with warnings and alerts, like other programs do. We are using the cloud version of the product, and it seems to work very well, we have email notifications setup, and we will get an email if it blocks something, or someone tries to run a program that it thinks is sketchy, or tries to access a website with some known issues, but otherwise, you install it, and it does its job. I do like the ability that I can sort of customize the install package for mass deployment (we use it with SCCM and its flawless), it will allow me to pick the group of computers that I want the laptop or desktop to belong to and I push that package during our SCCM task sequence, and after that I don't have to login to the symantec portal to move it, or manage it since my policies are already established.

Nachteile: I think the online interface is a bit cumbersome. I think that from the firewall perspective it seems a bit difficult to make it do what you want it to do, and unfortunately, their support is not incredibly helpful in this regard, at least in my previous experience. My biggest complaint is that if I reimage a computer, and re-use the same name, it makes a duplicate entry / assigns another license until I go out to the symantec portal and delete the previous record.

Good Virus Protection Suite

Bewertet am 30.9.2019
Bodo S.
Dir Eng
Automotive, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Symantec overall is a good and fast Virus/Threat Protection solution for small to mid-size workgroups.

Vorteile: Symantec is fast and runs easily in the background. It doesn't load the system resources and provides easy-to-use central management capability. Installation is typically smooth and deployment takes minutes.

Nachteile: There some lack of information to the user on what Symantec finds in the background that makes troubleshooting connection/firewall issues a black box.

Symantec Secure Software

Bewertet am 5.5.2018
Yagneshkumar P.
Software Engineer
Gastgewerbe, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The benefit i get from using Symantec is the peace of mind knowing my personal data is secure at all times, customer support is always ready to help whenever needed; Moreover, Symantec even scans any application that i download from the web, and makes it sure that is it safe before executing the install, that is a huge plus for me.

Vorteile: Symantec does a great job in terms of blocking viruses, malware, spyware, ads, and it is fast. I use it daily on my PC and as well as at my workplace. The security updates download automatically and daily in the background without bugging the user, I can scan a particular file or directory, i can schedule a scan anytime of my preference, also if a new updates has been installed and if it requires me to reboot my pc, i can choose a later time to perform that task Symantec is great in terms of security, i have a peace of mind when i use Symantec knowing i am safe when browsing the web. Next feature, is the quick customer support, Symantec customers reps are always available at any given time.

Nachteile: One of the downside of using Symantec is that it takes up a lot of system memory since the applications is always running in background. My RAM space on my PC is 8GB, when Symantec is running in the background it takes up-to 35-45 percent of my RAM, which then i do not have much left of to work with.

Very good anti-virus protection, but system integration can cause problems

Bewertet am 6.8.2019
Beecher B.
Informationsdienst, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Symantec Endpoint Protection is very good at what it does. It can overreach at times, in my opinion, but it stops viruses and malware on every system I've used it on.

Vorteile: Extremely good and reliable antivirus software. Symantec, in my experience will protect your endpoints from the large majority of threats in the wild. I haven't had a threat make it past the AV client.

Nachteile: Endpoint protection includes network driver integration that can affect how Windows works. I've experience several problems in the past where updates to the Endpoint Protection gets updated and the network connectivity is cutoff. The client must then be completely removed and reinstalled to regain connection to the network.

Symantec Endpoint Provides Fantastic Computer Protection 24-hours a day

Bewertet am 22.8.2019
Justin N.
Senior Financial Analyst
Hochschulbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Symantec Endpoint has protected our thousands of PCs from virus threats and malware too many times to count. Overall, our organization has been very pleased with protection coverage that Symantec is giving us.

Vorteile: There are a lot of reasons to like Symantec Endpoint, but the reason our company chose this product is because of the broad scope of coverage from viruses, malware, and constant monitoring of our data centers.

Nachteile: Our company employs thousands of staff and so we knew going in that this software would not be an inexpensive software acquisition. The initial proposal was outside of our price range but after some difficult conversations and negotiations with the Symantec sales team we were able to find a product and price that suited us.

Works great, but support can be lacking.

Bewertet am 12.12.2019
Jesse C.
Systems Administrator

Kommentare: When it works, it works great. When it doesn't work, it's usually not hard to fix. But you're not going to get a lot of help from their customer support. We have used it to provide protection among a large volume of machines and none of them have had issues with viruses while using this product.

Vorteile: This product was easy to implement throughout our company and has been working great since implementation. It send us alerts when certain events are triggered such as a user visiting a malicious site. It does a good job of keeping itself up to date and has a nice console for administrators to use and get a top-down view on how the endpoints are doing.

Nachteile: We have run into issues with getting licenses renewed to the point where they have expired, potentially leaving a few systems vulnerable. Customer support takes a very long time to reach and after I did reach them, they provided me with incorrect information that did not help resolve my issue. I only gave them 2 stars as opposed to 1 star because at least the customer support exists, even if it isn't the best.

Bewertet am 6.12.2017
Marsha J.
Support Staff

Vorteile: Symantec Endpoint Protection has been positive and we are using the product to protect entire users. Symantec Endpoint Security protects our data in the event the laptop is stolen which was very good. It also sends updates on the product which keeps us current, the ability to track each users and ensure that they have the product installed. The option to update to the latest version, the annual renewal is timely by Symantec. We also really appreciate you team that supports us and visit our office periodically to check up on us and other Symantec products we have in our organization.

Nachteile: Symantec Endpoint Security protects our data in the event the laptop is stolen which was very good however at times it causes the laptop to be a little slow in accessing files and data. It also sends updates on the product which keeps us current but we have to download the updates and send it to each user. The fact that the renewal was doubled for 2017 from what we paid in 2016,

Sometimes makes sense

Bewertet am 15.1.2020
Josiah H.
Internet Operations Manager
Glas, Keramik & Beton, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Look into whether or not your internet service provider offers this antivirus for free, if so, then it is completely worth it.

Vorteile: This software is often offered free when signed up with some internet services. When the software is free then it is my preferred antivirus. It has regular updates and keeps computers safe.

Nachteile: Most antiviruses are the same nowadays. I haven't had any issues with this antivirus blocking important programs otherwise causing more issues.

Good for Protection

Bewertet am 27.9.2019
Information Security Architect
Bankwesen, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Symantec product is good for Endpoint Protection. Customer support is perfect. Also, it is worth for the money you give.

Vorteile: Creating and publishing policies are very easy. Management tool is understandable. Installing client PCs take very short time. Client can update the policy by click "update policy".

Nachteile: It produces many false positive alarms. It consumes %2 of CPU (I7 MacBook Pro) and 1 GB of memory. Policy update can be only get in internal network.

Please with Symantec Endpoint Protection

Bewertet am 19.1.2018
Dustin D.
Information Technology Administrator
Forschung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great product. Easy to implement, use and manage. Easy to scale down or up depending on how many devices you have.

Vorteile: My organization has been using Symantec Endpoint Protection for over 5 years. This software is easy to use and distribute. The centralized admin interface makes it easy to add new devices and see an overall security overview of my organization's assets. The custom policies allow for me to make modifications on specific machines and not effect all the others. I do this to allow exceptions on several of our machines that need it in order to perform their function.

Nachteile: It isn't easy to temporarily disable for troubleshooting purposes. I need to temporarily disable Symantec so I could download a piece of software it was conflicting with. Had to look up how to do this and it was a multi step process. On the bright side the documentation of how to do it was easy to find and go through.

Great product for Windows Server based networks

Bewertet am 30.4.2018
Jessica B.
Lead Instructor & Senior Network Administrator
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This software keeps my network running CLEAN!
It also allows me to have a one stop shop, so to speak, to view all activities pertaining to my machines and network being in tip top performing shape!

Vorteile: Able to build both x32 and x64 install packages and push directly from the management console.
The management console allows the administrator to do basically everything remotely. Such as:
Scan machines, Schedule scans for future, push live updates, view quarantines, see last system scan, see if a scan was cancelled, and much more.
Also able to run reports containing which machines are in red (haven't had an active scan in x amount of time), which machines are clean, etc.

Nachteile: The administrator must have extensive knowledge of their network and the different locations.
End-users can cause the system to send A LOT of alerts to the admin due to canceling startup scans or trying to disable the software.

Symantec Endpoint Protection high protection to the team.

Bewertet am 7.4.2019
Luke T.
Software Quality Assurance Tester

Kommentare: It is our main tool of protection for what has assured us a high quality in services, has a very good technical support that offers the answers and documentation in relation to the product, from its implementation providing peace of mind to all the members of the company.

Vorteile: It offers adequate protection and has been incorporated into antivirus, antimalware and network intrusion protection, it is very useful in the case of large and small systems has an excellent reputation worldwide being a product widely used by different companies, in addition the implementation is relatively simple and has an interface that allows an adequate administration of the software, in general terms it is one of the best options in terms of protection.

Nachteile: Your updates can be heavy so you can reduce the experience a bit by the user as well as the client.

Enterprise protection for your company computers

Bewertet am 13.5.2019
Senior QA
Telekommunikation, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our computers are coming already per-installed with Symantec Endpoint Protection. It is solid virus and malware protection tool. I get a notification of one web site ask me to access some permissions, Symantec Endpoint is warned me that web portal is suspicious even it seems like pretty normal education web site. It is up to dated virus and malware protection database really give me trust. I can schedule routine scanning to the night time so i don't effect from computer slowness when it scans

Vorteile: Malware and Virus protection is very reliable, very stable, easy to install and maintain product. It's notifications when they feel a threat is very satisfactory for me. It saved me from very potential threat situations. Almost weekly or daily up to dated virus and malware database.

Nachteile: When it scans all your computer, your computer starts to work a bit slowly. But you can schedule this scans.