Symantec Endpoint Protection Bewertungen

von Broadcom

Über Symantec Endpoint Protection

Cloud-basierte Software, die Unternehmen erlaubt, physische und virtuelle Umgebungen vor Viren und Massen-Malware zu schützen.

Erfahre mehr über Symantec Endpoint Protection

Fernando D.
SAP BW Consultant
  • Bewertet am 14.9.2018

"Traditional and trustful solution for corporative environments"

Kommentare: It is my job partner, it protects me along my day without being disturbing. Rarely I see an advice for it or need to take a manual action, and it stills there, doing its good job. I recommend it, for sure!

Vorteile: In our company we use it for all the employees. Our IT department has full control over adjustments of all the installations. Employees don't need to worry about scheduled scannings, updatings, fine tunning or anything else. Its pre installed on all the machines and is there to protect, not to disturb. Its awesome!

Nachteile: What can be a pro in one hand, can also be a con in the other hand. The way it works on client machines, by being configured by IT department and not locally may cause some troubles. You just can't set an action different than quarantine a suspect object. But we all know that sometimes it can be a bad judgment from the antivirus side, like a driver for Android that I needed to install and it was classified as unknown source and therefore didn't allowed me to proceed with installation. At least an option to ignore the object could be better.

• Bewertet am 14.9.2018
Bodo S.
Dir Eng
Automotive, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 30.9.2019

"Good Virus Protection Suite"

Kommentare: Symantec overall is a good and fast Virus/Threat Protection solution for small to mid-size workgroups.

Vorteile: Symantec is fast and runs easily in the background. It doesn't load the system resources and provides easy-to-use central management capability. Installation is typically smooth and deployment takes minutes.

Nachteile: There some lack of information to the user on what Symantec finds in the background that makes troubleshooting connection/firewall issues a black box.

• Bewertet am 30.9.2019
Drew M.
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 7.5.2020

"Symantec SEP 14.2 and above"

Kommentare: Could not ask for a better product from a security and protection standpoint. Occasionally there are issues due to due to Microsoft operating system updates, but they are usually corrected within days.

Vorteile: we have 500 clients using this software in 8 languages on 5 continents. We have had ZERO malware incidents on protected assets in 10 years of using this product. It is fast, effective, and fairly easy to administer with both on-prem and cloud options.

Nachteile: Symantec's license management and download portal leave a bit to be desired. Things may change with the sale of these products to Broadcom.

• Bewertet am 7.5.2020
Chaucer W.
Accounting Manager
  • Bewertet am 30.12.2018

"Use to be fantastic. But that was then. My, how things have changed."

Kommentare: For quite a few years I had Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) deployed across servers and workstations in multiple offices. At the time, I found it to offer the best balance of effectiveness and efficiency. Customers support was prompt and professional, and even after I fled the IT profession to preserve my sanity I kept SEP running on my own home computers. All was well until I upgraded to version 14, at which point everything pretty much went to hell. Experiences that I have had with the new version of SEP: • Total system lockups during every comprehensive system scan. The only way for me to get through a scan was to limit the scans to known file types.
• The SEP client grabbing every available CPU core without warning, even when there are no scans or updates scheduled.
• Technical support whose philosophy is apparently "Make the customer suffer enough and they will never complain again."
I spent a least than eight hours doing the bidding of the Symantec's support folks, but when it became apparent that they couldn't solve the problem I tried to close the support case as "problem not solved". At which point they made it clear that they intended to keep me jumping through hoops indefinitely. I finally told them that their constant stream of emails demanding yet more logfiles constituted harassment, and I blocked them at my email gateway for extra protection. Great job, folks. Now, I use Sophos.

Vorteile: Incredibly granular control of each security component, customizable to suit a broad range of business environments. IF you can get it to run, you get an amazing amount of control over the security policies in place for different types of machines and different offices within your business.

Nachteile: A tech support team trained in the dungeons of Mordor by the Dark Lord himself. Oh, and about SEP v14 bringing my system to it's knees: I'm sure that some of your customers love that, but I'll pass.

• Bewertet am 30.12.2018
Irfan A.
Deputy Manager
Automotive, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 5.3.2020

"Best Available Protection Tool for large scale Infrastructure."

Kommentare: Overall experience is excellent, this suite provide continue protection from viruses, anti-malware, intrusion prevention and other threats as well as firewall features for endpoint users as well as servers.

Vorteile: Regular Scanning @ end point users.
stop forcefully unauthorized Applications in the network.
Best available policies in Firewall for threat detection.
fast and best recovery
act like more-then Antivirus

Nachteile: Hanged often not regular
still finding Cons.
but still space for upgrading.

• Bewertet am 5.3.2020
Sonu S.
Operational Manager
Bankwesen, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 25.9.2019

"Antivirus for systems"

Kommentare: In a organisation spreading of virus and threat spreading is common issue. In order to protect from such incidents protection is being used.

Vorteile: As it is implemented on a centralized server, Pushing update is easy. We can monitor the healthiness of each endpoints that is every system.
If one threat is detected it can be analysed and stooped.

Nachteile: It also detects some files which doesn't contain any virus and are not threat to system.

• Bewertet am 25.9.2019
Isaias G.
Social media manager
Umweltdienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 18.4.2020

"Symantec endpoint protection "

Kommentare: My overall experience were positively a great program to have if your someone like me that writes a lot in coffeee shop having a endpoint protection comes in handy doing constant sans helping me get full protection.

Vorteile: What I like about Symantec endpoint protection is that is does constant scanning and checking for virus. I had I trojan house virus in internet and it picked it up. The constant updates feather helps get virus that tend to hide with the systems. It real time scan. Help gets things that other app don’t .

Nachteile: What I least like about the software is the new liecens can be different when you time is up.

• Bewertet am 18.4.2020
Çağrı E.
Product Development
Automotive, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 18.2.2020

"Great And Realible Software To Eliminate Viruses"

Kommentare: I have been using Symantec End Protection software for 8 years in total. I had some experience with other Virus Protection Softwares like Kaspersky and I can it is best product I have seen so far.Symantec has never disappointed me and never failed to my expectations. We haven't recognized any performance loss even we exposed some virus attacks .Symantec software working as shield to proctect your computer . In addition to this it gives customers effectiveness and productivty in detecting viruses and defending your computer .

Vorteile: What I like most about the Symantec is offering shield mechanism which protect my computer from different types of viruses. Addition to this it does not harm your computer procesesor and you never feel any performance degradation problem

Nachteile: I have experienced some problems regarding old version programs on my computer which I installed many years ago.Symantec struggle to complete authentication of older programs. Additon to this I have never recieved any virus search report after scan of my computer

• Bewertet am 18.2.2020
Jenée L.
GDP Processor
Forschung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 19.2.2020

"Suited for Large companies"

Kommentare: Overall my experience with Symantec has been OK for use on my home computer. It may be better for use on a larger scale of companies but it can be used at home.

Vorteile: The Symantec Endpoint Protection is a well known security system to protect your computer from malware and viruses.I have used several different anti-virus systems for my computer and the Symantec has worked really well. It is good at stopping questionable programs from running or downloading on your computer that may seem untrustworthy. It also gives previews to sites showing questionable and unsafe sites. It also prompts you every time an upgrade is needed.

Nachteile: when the software has lapsed, or close to expiry it tends to be a hassle to get it renewed. It is better to be used in a large company scale since i use it on my home computer and can be a hassle when renewing.

• Bewertet am 19.2.2020
Caroline P.
Head of Content Strategy
Computerspiele, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 11.4.2020

"It has allowed our employees to work more safely."

Kommentare: Symantec is a comprehensive protection software that has allowed our employees to work more secure and with greater control by our systems and security administrators, allows us to scan for each sector of the company and prevents information theft through attacks or foreign devices on the network, has a control panel where you can control all active devices.
It helps to improve the control of devices and personnel in general to maintain under strict compliance our security and privacy protocols.

Vorteile: Symantec offers us an intuitive interface that makes it very easy to schedule scans and locate leaks, quarantine any suspicious files or records isolating the problem before it infects other computer units, provides us with very complete reports that allow us to develop strategies and policies for privacy and security more in line with the needs of our company.

Nachteile: I have nothing negative to say about SEP.

• Bewertet am 11.4.2020
Dale S.
Network Admin
Lagerung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 9.10.2019

"3 years in, saved us multiple times with only the occasional hiccup. "

Kommentare: The cloud console has a pretty iffy layout that can be a bit cumbersome at times. It is mostly annoying when you first start with it. However once you get past the initial setup and build your profiles, it is easy to use it going forward. You deploy it to the user, then chose their profile group, chose if they need file and printer sharing, you can lock down USB, and other nice features. In general its been a great experience outside of a few little things.

Vorteile: Easy to deploy once you have it all set up. It allows a decent amount of configuration and profiles can be set based on the individual users needs. It is also pretty much set and forget 95% of the time. The cloud console will tell if their are any specific users with issues and let you know about threats that have been detected and on what machine it happened on. All good stuff.

Nachteile: The cloud component is a separate installation form the actual AV client(according to windows). If the installation fails for any reason you have to get the Symantec removal tool and run that prior to reinstalling the software, otherwise you end up with the cloud component being fixed and the AV component still broken. This can get time consuming and will require multiple reboots which is not fun on a server you need up and running. It is also prone to nagging about rebooting prior to installation, so sometimes you have to get 3-4 reboots in to get it workings. This is rare but does happen.

• Bewertet am 9.10.2019
Vasu N.
Lead MTS
  • Bewertet am 14.3.2018

"Symantec, is a security software suite for server and desktop computers"

Kommentare: Endpoint security securing the endpoints on a network, often defined as end-user devices such as mobile devices, laptops, and desktop PCs, although hardware such as servers in a data center are also considered endpoints and verifies every packet that comes in as well as that goes out.

Vorteile: Symantec, is a security software suite, which consists of anti-malware, intrusion prevention and firewall features for server and desktop computers and have been using Symantec Endpoint Protection past 15 years in our organization on all Desktops, Laptops, and Servers and all the departments of the organization.we use Microsoft Windows exclusively, so this pertains to Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 R2 for server operating systems. We have it deployed on Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 for endpoints. Basically protecting the corporate network when accessed via remote devices such as laptops or other wireless and mobile devices. Each device with a remote connecting to the network creates a potential entry point for security threats. The best tool to monitoring N/W security status, activities, software, authorization and authentication.
Symantec is more than antivirus,Effective and accurate antispam protection,Fast protection at the Web gateway,Fast and easy protection,Safeguard intellectual property and finally it's Ensure compliance.

Nachteile: Having to reboot each client after a version upgrade can be troublesome.
LiveUpdate client sometimes breaks and requires a fix to repair the client. This is needed to ensure the client receives timely updates and definitions.

• Bewertet am 14.3.2018
Senior Software Engineer
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 17.4.2019

"Symantec Endpoint Protections - guards critical data safely"

Kommentare: We are working in a health care sector which resides lot of critical and personal data. Data security is our main concern, Symantec endpoint protection provides us with the end to end security of files and customer data. it is installed in all the employees laptop and installation an configuration is easy, Automatic updates makes life simpler. The end user doesn't have impact on the scans being run on the system, occasional rebooting of system is required when any updated are done to the system. Overall a very good antivirus and Malware detection and kill software used in most of the high level corporate companies.

Vorteile: 1. Compatible with all versions of Windows and Mac OS.
2. We use the cloud version of the software,Email notifications and logs about malware and virus detection are cool features.
3. Updates are automatic, we used to do it manually .
4. Build in firewall function is very effective as we get data from many sources.
5. Scans are even done on the applications being downloaded from web which ensures 100% safety.
6. Easy to scale up ad down based on the number of devices.
7. Proactive threat protection option is very useful.
8. The weekly and monthly scan reports can be scheduled and automated and the logs are very descriptive.
9. The interaction with the end user is very minimal and doesn't create any pop ups unnecessarily.

Nachteile: 1. Annual renewal fee is little higher compared to other vendors.
2. Around 30 to 40% of the CPU resources are consumed during the scan process.
3.The laptop becomes slow while accessing files and data.

• Bewertet am 17.4.2019
Kory M.
Systems Administrator
  • Bewertet am 17.11.2017

"Anti-Virus Software That Does Its Job!"

Kommentare: Antivirus / Malware protection, and endpoint firewall protection.

Vorteile: For an Anti-Virus / Firewall software, it is pretty quiet, meaning that it doesn't pop up all of the time with warnings and alerts, like other programs do. We are using the cloud version of the product, and it seems to work very well, we have email notifications setup, and we will get an email if it blocks something, or someone tries to run a program that it thinks is sketchy, or tries to access a website with some known issues, but otherwise, you install it, and it does its job. I do like the ability that I can sort of customize the install package for mass deployment (we use it with SCCM and its flawless), it will allow me to pick the group of computers that I want the laptop or desktop to belong to and I push that package during our SCCM task sequence, and after that I don't have to login to the symantec portal to move it, or manage it since my policies are already established.

Nachteile: I think the online interface is a bit cumbersome. I think that from the firewall perspective it seems a bit difficult to make it do what you want it to do, and unfortunately, their support is not incredibly helpful in this regard, at least in my previous experience. My biggest complaint is that if I reimage a computer, and re-use the same name, it makes a duplicate entry / assigns another license until I go out to the symantec portal and delete the previous record.

• Bewertet am 17.11.2017
Brett V.
IT Manager
Design, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 2.8.2018

"LONG TIME Symantec user, and still on board."

Kommentare: Symantec has protected my customers for many years, and I use it in our company also. We've never experience a threat that wasn't, or couldn't be, isolated and removed or quarantined. It's been a very cost effective solution for our company paired with our hardware firewall.

Vorteile: It's very easy to install and administer, as either a stand alone endpoint installation or a managed client endpoint. Updates are automatic and the built in firewall is very effective. I've been using Symantec products since we replaced McCrappy throughout our entire organization (enterprise class healthcare organization with multiple hospitals and ambulatory care sites) and have rarely had anything get past it. Given the state of Ransomewear today however, I highly recommend connecting your endpoint AV to a cloud database for realtime and zero day scanning and remediation. Symantec one of the oldest players in the channel and still one of the best.

Nachteile: The one problem I've experienced using Symantec Endpoint Protection over the years is that from time to time (rarely and generally localized to a workstation) the local database gets corrupted somehow and a number of steps need to be followed to repair the software and get updates flowing again. Simply uninstalling and reinstalling does not do that trick. Past that, it's always been a great asset.

• Bewertet am 2.8.2018
Yagneshkumar P.
Software Engineer
Gastgewerbe, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 5.5.2018

"Symantec Secure Software "

Kommentare: The benefit i get from using Symantec is the peace of mind knowing my personal data is secure at all times, customer support is always ready to help whenever needed; Moreover, Symantec even scans any application that i download from the web, and makes it sure that is it safe before executing the install, that is a huge plus for me.

Vorteile: Symantec does a great job in terms of blocking viruses, malware, spyware, ads, and it is fast. I use it daily on my PC and as well as at my workplace. The security updates download automatically and daily in the background without bugging the user, I can scan a particular file or directory, i can schedule a scan anytime of my preference, also if a new updates has been installed and if it requires me to reboot my pc, i can choose a later time to perform that task Symantec is great in terms of security, i have a peace of mind when i use Symantec knowing i am safe when browsing the web. Next feature, is the quick customer support, Symantec customers reps are always available at any given time.

Nachteile: One of the downside of using Symantec is that it takes up a lot of system memory since the applications is always running in background. My RAM space on my PC is 8GB, when Symantec is running in the background it takes up-to 35-45 percent of my RAM, which then i do not have much left of to work with.

• Bewertet am 5.5.2018
Beecher B.
Informationsdienst, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 6.8.2019

"Very good anti-virus protection, but system integration can cause problems"

Kommentare: Symantec Endpoint Protection is very good at what it does. It can overreach at times, in my opinion, but it stops viruses and malware on every system I've used it on.

Vorteile: Extremely good and reliable antivirus software. Symantec, in my experience will protect your endpoints from the large majority of threats in the wild. I haven't had a threat make it past the AV client.

Nachteile: Endpoint protection includes network driver integration that can affect how Windows works. I've experience several problems in the past where updates to the Endpoint Protection gets updated and the network connectivity is cutoff. The client must then be completely removed and reinstalled to regain connection to the network.

• Bewertet am 6.8.2019
Justin N.
Senior Financial Analyst
Hochschulbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 22.8.2019

"Symantec Endpoint Provides Fantastic Computer Protection 24-hours a day"

Kommentare: Symantec Endpoint has protected our thousands of PCs from virus threats and malware too many times to count. Overall, our organization has been very pleased with protection coverage that Symantec is giving us.

Vorteile: There are a lot of reasons to like Symantec Endpoint, but the reason our company chose this product is because of the broad scope of coverage from viruses, malware, and constant monitoring of our data centers.

Nachteile: Our company employs thousands of staff and so we knew going in that this software would not be an inexpensive software acquisition. The initial proposal was outside of our price range but after some difficult conversations and negotiations with the Symantec sales team we were able to find a product and price that suited us.

• Bewertet am 22.8.2019
Vicki F.
Practice Manager
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 12.12.2019

"Software protection for your computer "

Kommentare: Save computer downtime and disruption. Helps to keep our data safe and free from malware and viruses. This prevents the cost of having to wipe and reprogram computers. there is a time and expense with this, not to mention the chance of losing critical information.

Vorteile: Like this software because I know that they are monitoring my computer 24/7 for viruses that could infect or even destroy my data. When I review something on the web or if I click into an email, this software will immediately notify me if it is a virus and takes care of it. Since the software itself is updated daily, they are always on top of making sure that the program is able to check the latest viruses. this is very important to us, because we need our data secure and our computers working in top condition.

Nachteile: I really have not found anything I don't like about this program - it works behind the scene doing what it needs to do. No software is full proof, because people are always coming up with new ways to create harm and be malicious. Since using this software we have had only one case of being attacked by a virus.

Jesse C.
Systems Administrator
  • Bewertet am 12.12.2019

"Works great, but support can be lacking."

Kommentare: When it works, it works great. When it doesn't work, it's usually not hard to fix. But you're not going to get a lot of help from their customer support. We have used it to provide protection among a large volume of machines and none of them have had issues with viruses while using this product.

Vorteile: This product was easy to implement throughout our company and has been working great since implementation. It send us alerts when certain events are triggered such as a user visiting a malicious site. It does a good job of keeping itself up to date and has a nice console for administrators to use and get a top-down view on how the endpoints are doing.

Nachteile: We have run into issues with getting licenses renewed to the point where they have expired, potentially leaving a few systems vulnerable. Customer support takes a very long time to reach and after I did reach them, they provided me with incorrect information that did not help resolve my issue. I only gave them 2 stars as opposed to 1 star because at least the customer support exists, even if it isn't the best.

Mark S.
Partner
  • Bewertet am 5.5.2020

"Affordable business protection"

Kommentare: Works well, I would suggest giving it a try and determine for yourself, with these solutions feel its really a matter of personal preference sometimes.

Vorteile: It came with some of the new machines we were buying so we decided to actually give it a try and not give up too quickly and put some of the other solutions on we are more focused to use. It ended up working well for the time we used it.

Nachteile: Some other services out there that I feel allow you to do and it does a whole lot more. After trying other solutions carried on using them instead.

• Bewertet am 5.5.2020
Marsha J.
Support Staff
    Nicht bewertet
  • Bewertet am 6.12.2017

"Symantec Endpoint Protection has been positive and we are using the product to protect entire users."

Vorteile: Symantec Endpoint Protection has been positive and we are using the product to protect entire users. Symantec Endpoint Security protects our data in the event the laptop is stolen which was very good. It also sends updates on the product which keeps us current, the ability to track each users and ensure that they have the product installed. The option to update to the latest version, the annual renewal is timely by Symantec. We also really appreciate you team that supports us and visit our office periodically to check up on us and other Symantec products we have in our organization.

Nachteile: Symantec Endpoint Security protects our data in the event the laptop is stolen which was very good however at times it causes the laptop to be a little slow in accessing files and data. It also sends updates on the product which keeps us current but we have to download the updates and send it to each user. The fact that the renewal was doubled for 2017 from what we paid in 2016,

• Bewertet am 6.12.2017
Josiah H.
Internet Operations Manager
Glas, Keramik & Beton, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
    Nicht bewertet
  • Bewertet am 15.1.2020

"Sometimes makes sense"

Kommentare: Look into whether or not your internet service provider offers this antivirus for free, if so, then it is completely worth it.

Vorteile: This software is often offered free when signed up with some internet services. When the software is free then it is my preferred antivirus. It has regular updates and keeps computers safe.

Nachteile: Most antiviruses are the same nowadays. I haven't had any issues with this antivirus blocking important programs otherwise causing more issues.

• Bewertet am 15.1.2020
Information Security Architect
Bankwesen, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 27.9.2019

"Good for Protection"

Kommentare: Symantec product is good for Endpoint Protection. Customer support is perfect. Also, it is worth for the money you give.

Vorteile: Creating and publishing policies are very easy. Management tool is understandable. Installing client PCs take very short time. Client can update the policy by click "update policy".

Nachteile: It produces many false positive alarms. It consumes %2 of CPU (I7 MacBook Pro) and 1 GB of memory. Policy update can be only get in internal network.

• Bewertet am 27.9.2019
Dustin D.
Information Technology Administrator
Forschung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 19.1.2018

"Please with Symantec Endpoint Protection"

Kommentare: Great product. Easy to implement, use and manage. Easy to scale down or up depending on how many devices you have.

Vorteile: My organization has been using Symantec Endpoint Protection for over 5 years. This software is easy to use and distribute. The centralized admin interface makes it easy to add new devices and see an overall security overview of my organization's assets. The custom policies allow for me to make modifications on specific machines and not effect all the others. I do this to allow exceptions on several of our machines that need it in order to perform their function.

Nachteile: It isn't easy to temporarily disable for troubleshooting purposes. I need to temporarily disable Symantec so I could download a piece of software it was conflicting with. Had to look up how to do this and it was a multi step process. On the bright side the documentation of how to do it was easy to find and go through.

• Bewertet am 19.1.2018