Über Quip

Quip ist eine neue Art der Zusammenarbeit mit deinem Team, die Dokumente, Tabellenkalkulationen, Aufgabenlisten und Chats in einer nahtlosen Umgebung kombiniert.

Erfahre mehr über Quip

Quip is very easy to use and navigate within the software. Basically, it offers you a never-ending list for your notes (very similar to OneNote for example).

It provides extremely limited options within files. If you try to ingest files from other sources it will not hold any formatting options.

Bewertungen zu Quip

Quip hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,4 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 199 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Quip bereits verwendet?

Charles
Charles
Owner - Marketing in Spanien
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

All your info access anywhere. Collaborate with your team and those on your external team.

Kommentare: I am quite happy with it. The fact that everything is there and it's secure and I'm always adding to it makes it more valuable for me and my team every day. Especially when I can pull up costs or ideas when out and about.

The way it easily works on mobile and on desktop and you get notifications as soon as someone has done something. Ease of linking documents in chats Having everything available in one place so you don't lose things and get others up to speed quickly. Ability to easily lock people out of the use of a document or not.

Sometimes it's hard to find an item if you clearly don't label it in the title. - Access to support is a lot harder since Salesforce bought it over. You now have to log in to Salesforce fill in a form to get the support, before you could message support within Quip.

Kreasan
Jnr HR Business Partner in Südafrika
Bau, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Quip has it all. The benefits are endless.

Kommentare: Quick integration and implementation. Very profound Services and smart results. I create documents and share them with ease and enjoyment.

Quip has a unique treatment that unites every department building a conclusively focused team fit to deliver on the goals and objectives of the company. I have been able to share documents and tasks while keeping communication at top notch. Furthermore, Quip is problem easiest to use software yet the capabilities are way beyond expectations. I am a happy user.

Quip is user friendly and reliable. It has helped us work as a team achieving goals faster and accurately. I have not experienced a single downside of it.

Unterhaltung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Perfect for quick notes

Kommentare: Great tool for quick notes and easy access but not a tool I'd recommend to use over Google Drive or Microsoft Office.

Quip is a great tool to use for your team when quickly brainstorming and jotting down ideas. It strips itself of unnecessary formatting/UI options and provides you a clean slate to work smarter.

While Quip is easy to use, using Quip as a main tool to create spreadsheets or documents is not something I recommend. Exporting a Quip spreadsheets to Excel will export all the information over but leaves you with a lot of manual formatting and editing and becomes unreliable when needing to export something on the fly. This could be fixed if the "Save to PDF" function worked properly, but alas, saving to a PDF does not allow you to format properly and will include the Header rows and columns into the PDF - thus not allowing you to send clean, concise information over to colleagues.

Krishna
Krishna
Human Resources Generalist in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

When using Salesforce, Quip is a great tool for working together

Kommentare: The team can make a document of any kind and work on it together. Thus, we rely on it to efficiently record a wide variety of information. The quip app also allows us to exchange entire folders of documents if necessary.

In order to make reference to external services or data in Quip, you may simply type a @ symbol before their handle. The @ symbol has many uses, such as mentioning people or adding a time stamp or date. In addition, you will receive a reminder at the specified time.

Setting up Quip and getting the most out of it can be challenging; the optimum use is in conjunction with the Salesforce product, so you're limited if you're using a different CRM.

Yoyo
Co-founder in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Quip is like Google Docs combined with Apple Notes

Kommentare: A really great notetaking app. I can take notes on my android phone or iPhone and it syncs right to my mac. And it's very easy to keep organized. All the collaboration features are just cherry on top.

Super easy to use like Apple notes. Easy to view at a glance. Unlike Google Docs which things tend to get lost in. Google docs' dashboard is just weird compared to apple notes.

Running on windows the app seems to take a lot of RAM and my computer heats up quickly. Considering it's a notes app, it should be more lightweight.

Aman Preet
Aman Preet
Developer in Indien
Biotechnologie, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Pros and cons of Quip

Kommentare: Overall experience with Quip is great anyone has task scheduling and task management requirements then can surely opt this service

Two most used and liked features from our team is task scheduling and task management because we as development team don't wanna focus much on managing stuffs along with it the kind of authenticity with access controls management provided by Quip is commendable.

The interface where we handles stuff is sometimes bit fishy to understand and navigation are confusing at times other than that billing concepts are bit complicated too other than that all in all good platform to work with

Unterhaltungselektronik, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Review for Quip

Kommentare: I am enjoying this tool, and Quip has managed to stand out in this heavily competitive field of online collaboration.

Quip UI is really smooth, and feels new! it has a good functionality to provide the revision history for the document, which I think is very useful. When multiple folks are simultaneously editing the same document, the revision history for each line provides a very nice view of who changed what. Additionally, Quip has a chat tool embedded in its UI. I use this often to communicate with other folks who are working on the same project.

I dont have a strong dislike for any of the features, but perhaps one point was it takes significant time for a new guy to get to to speed with the tool and understand all the intricate details. Perhaps the on boarding proceed can be better

Amber
Amber
Social Media Manager in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A Step Up from Trello

We were using Trello because it was so customizable and easy to use. But as our business grew, we needed more workflow options. Quip was just right for where we were at the time. It had documents and sheets built right into the platform, which saved time and kept us more organized. I especially loved the interface design.

If you have a lot of different workflows, projects, clients, and team members, Quip might eventually begin to fall short. I'd graduate to ClickUp if I needed more customization options.

Antonio
Antonio
Engineering Manager in USA
Automotive, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Excellent solution for internal communication and collaboration with your coworkers.

Kommentare: We utilize Jest to keep our inside communication and archives organized, it moreover makes our lives simpler when we ought to collaborate on something. Joke Dynamic Reports are a more helpful format than emails, as modern information is displayed so you'll alter the data within the reports. In profound inboxes emails in some cases get misplaced, you know precisely with Jest where the 'file layout' is capable for each content. Illuminate others around unfinished ventures and make it simple to include modern ventures, we were able to choose how much space we would devote to numerous of our records, this permits us to track in genuine time the capacities of any part of the community. It permits us to work together on issues that are imperative to cross-functional collaboration, and especially when working remotely.

Joke organizes our company's communication and is additionally the finest arrangement we tried for collaboration, we will effortlessly relegate assignments to particular representatives and have them collaborate, permitting us to extend efficiency. My colleagues and I regularly use Quip to record key partner assembly minutes or to trade data. Much obliged to Jest, the number of our emails has been diminished and you'll take note the advancements that have been made. Frequently after checking for cautions, send updates, you'll be able rapidly share and indeed secure your records with others. I like that as my group individuals look, alter, and open records, Joke makes a difference me see upgrades in genuine time, so I can rapidly screen who's centering on what and when.

I do not just like the include that it can't be utilized within the native record route plans of Windows/Mac reports. To hunt for records and logs, you wish to open the application/software. Joke runs much slower than Exceed expectations or Express, since in reality the source record must be made at slightest two or perhaps three times, it was exceptionally difficult to inspire in the event that it was anything more than a client interface with a spare organizer. I would like to see the execution of pre-built formats since they can spare time for numerous clients.

Nikhita
Nikhita
Production Engineer in USA
Internet, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

An amazing platform to track your ideas

Kommentare: We use quip to track our updates, design documents etc and it has proven to be a really powerful platform for the same.

1. I love quip as its the only good version controlled platform for taking notes that I have found in my industry experience of over 5 years. 2. Its easy to create public/private versions. I could easily create documents that are public (i.e. outside the firm) and private to me. 3. It is so easy to mark your favorite folders and share it across teams. 4. Its fast. I have found Google Docs to be a bit slower than quip. 5. You could easily import the content into a wiki or a word document with all the formatting intact. 6. You can create an excel sheet (or multiple sheets) in quip itself. 7. Onboarding and gettting used to the platform is really easy.

1. It behaves odd when creating tables and adding pictures (like indentation sometimes screws up). 2. If you are looking for a platform to create animated documents, quip might not be your friend. It supports basic data representation objects like tables, pictures, worksheets but if you want audio etc, you want to goto powerpoint.

Nathan
Nathan
Digital Marketing Manager in Sambia
Computer-Software, 11–50 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Quip's An Alternative to Google Docs and Slack

Kommentare: I tested Quip as part of a team effort to find a collaborative tool that we could incorporate across the board. Over the 6 month period that I tested it, I found that while it was functional for the most part as a lot of things, it failed in key areas that we would need it to work including handling large spreadsheets, edit history and connectivity issues. However the price and slow functionality when it comes to bigger documents/spreadsheets leaves much to be desired and as such, it may not be ideal for anyone but bigger organizations that want to cut off multiple communication channels and document tools. Overall Quip is a good alternative to Slack & Google Apps. However it leaves some things to be desired in the looks and function department.

Quip is a great collaboration tool that is something similar to Slack, Google Docs and Google Sheets all wrapped up into one. My favorite feature is the collaboration tool which allows you to edit documents and discuss them in real time with other users. You can send messages to other users and Quip has a nice way of letting you know whether a user is online or offline. The messages can be sent to individuals and within a group chat setting. When commenting on spreadsheets, you can annotate cell by cell which is something helpful especially if you are reviewing spreadsheets with a lot of information. File management is a charm. You can easily upload shared documents to folders and limit who can see the documents as well as who can edit/view the documents. One gripe about collaboration apps that I have had in the past is the amount of notifications you get if you have multiple people working on documents/projects etc. Quip solves this by giving you the option to prioritize the notifications you want to this. You can also @ specific people which makes communication easier. Similar to Slack, there is an option to notify everyone with an @everyone option to send messages to a whole team. Quip integrates well with Salesforce, so if you are using Salesforce, this is a good option.

If you want to test Quip before deciding, you may not like the requirement for a work email. You need constant internet connectivity to make Quip work, if you find yourself in a place where there is no internet, you may be out of luck to use Quip. While Quip is good for communication, editing and collaborating on big spreadsheets slows the app down and you can find it slows down performance. You are better doing light to medium size documents/spreadsheets. When collaborating documents, versioning and edit history are important. It gets hard to revert to an older copy of a document and it can create some confusion if there are a lot of people looking at the same document.

Internet, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Quip is fantastic collaboration tool

Kommentare: It was fantastic and very efficient to create and share files and add task owners with version control.

Ever added an excel sheet and image and even gifs in a document seamlessly? Use Quip and you will be blown away by the easy formatting options available in Quip.

I least liked that Quip was costly and that not sufficient font quality and UI was not appealing enough.

Personalwesen, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Good Wiki Alternative

Kommentare: I really like Quip. Having used Confluence and various Wikis, I think this is about as good as it gets. There's room for improvement for sure, but 90% of the time it does what I want and I'm able to communicate what I want to colleagues.

- Good for documentation - It creates links to any part of the document for easy referencing - The WYSIWYG editor works pretty well - The keyboard shortcuts are good - Embedded spreadsheets are neat (though I don't find I use them that often) - Comment functionality really neat, including the ability to "resolve" comments. - Edit History works well

- I really hate how embedded images work. It's bordering on impossible to make it look how you want and you'll have to compromise on it looking sort of crappy - The search could use some help - The auto numbered or unordered list stuff is annoying as hell and takes some finagling to get around. If you have a "1." then an image, if you type "2." it'll change it into "1." because it thinks you're starting a new numbered list because of the image. Really annoying. - When I look at the Recently Updated list and click "Mark All As Read" why don't all of them become unread? This annoys me more than it should, but why don't they all get makred Read?!

Joby
CEO in UK

Great way to collaborate

Very easy document creation that live updates to all users as you create them. No more messing around uploading and downloading documents. Documents have lots of options like spreadsheets tables charts, images and other apps that can be inserted into any doc. You can also manage folders and share them with specific groups of people, so you might have a folder for employees which has all your procedures on it and a separate knowledge base for customers. For free its hard to find a better product

I would like to see the ability to copy documents between different quip accounts. I'd also like to see direct connections to excel of numbers, to give some more power to some of the features

Sport, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Google Docs on Steroids

Kommentare: We have rolled Quip out to multiple departments and teams over the past few years.

Continuing improvement in the feature set. The software was good when we started using it 2.5 years ago. However, the improvements continually made month after month have really made the product shine. We really get use out of the full index/searching capability.

A few basic things that would mimmic Excel functionality, like the ability to freeze columns on mobile, or hide rows/columns on both the desktop and mobile.

Sam
Field Supervisor in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Quip User Revew

Kommentare: At the end of the day, I would suggest you look into using Google Docs over Quip as it seems to be another system that does not communicate with any other formats, and can be a very frustrating system as a user.

This software is great in theory - allows for teams to connect and share working documents with live updates. It is fairly straight forward to use, and allowing multiple users to read and edit the documents at the same time is helpful.

This software constantly updates - I have yet to open this software without there being a system update needed (and therefore a restart). Beyond that, you cannot export the documents built into quip into any other format (Excel being the most critical). Some of the tasks are far more difficult than they should be - even changing the font requires multiple click through menus.

Rebekah
Product Manager in USA
Computer-Software, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Have a solid foundation or don’t use

Kommentare: Switching to confluence because it’s just too limited and chaotic for our companies use

I like the straightforward means of creating a document. It makes for a lot of sameness and alignment across different teams. I like the kaban feature

I find myself irritated when trying to change between bulleting and not bulleting. It tends to change my font. I don’t like that I can add bullets in a sheet/cell. Kaban is limited as are all the brainstorming features. Notifications often get lost. Can’t connect engineering tickets to documents in a good way. If your company doesn’t start with a solid and clear foundation in terms of documentation management, you’re screwed

Alvaro
Operations in USA
Onlinemedien, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

I would like the old Quip back!

Quip does a great job at being a very easy-to-use app when it comes to having collaborative documents to share for work. I like how different team members can contribute and leave their input simultaneously with other coworkers.

The new UI makes things and tools hard to find. With an extremely clean look where the color white is so predominant, buttons are difficult to see and getting your work done may be more difficult.

Christene
Customer service in USA
Logistik & Lieferkette, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Quiptastic!

Kommentare: Overall, I love it, and will be using it for personal use. We use it at work, and it's become essential for day to day tasks. I love the communication features!

Once you figure out how to use quip, it's an awesome tool. It's easy to organize and essential to my day to day job. I'm going to be installing it on my personal computer for use as well.

It takes a bit to learn. The tutorials are helpful, but they dont cover everything. It takes a while to learn all the available functions. And it would be nice to have more font features.

Kelly
Learning Ops in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Very Customizable!

I like how you can add a spreadsheet or a check list to a document. It's very customizable and the functionality to create it all is easy to use.

Creating a spreadsheet into Quip is not the best. I feel like there is always a delay or a "lag" when editing or dragging cells. It's not the best option to use when creating a spreadsheet. Might stick to Excel for that part.

Computer-Software, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Fast-loading word documents, great for sharing, not great for functionality

Overall, I intellectually understand the appeal of Quip: It's fast, it's clean, it allows for easy sharing within organizations, and allows for tagging your teammates in-line within docs. It loads quickly, and because there isn't a ton of bloat, it seems to respond quickly and it overall feels lightweight. It absolutely serves a lot of purposes, and a lot of my colleagues use it as their app of choice when creating new docs, however, for me, I've never gotten over the hump with it.

I feel like perhaps they missed the boat on some basic UX principles. I can't name them (not a UX designer), but if feels like the app isn't conforming to the norms of UX... the app seems difficult to use, and I work for a tech company, am an early adopter, and usually can easily find my way around any new app. Additionally, the "conversation" pane is defaulted to always show. Imagine seeing having "tracked" changes from Microsoft word ALWAYS ON - granted it's in a sidebar, but it takes up valuable real estate and is just visually terrifying IMO.

Debraliz
Director of Marketing in Philippinen
, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Quip for my Team

Kommentare: But I think quip is still deserve a 4star review.

Our team use quip software as our project management because we can interact in quip from real time and we can also send a documents using this software.

It is not totally easy to use, you need a knowledge using this before you make it work fine and I think it still lack of some features.

Alyssa
Manager in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, Selbstständig

Doc Storage made easy

love to know that information, projects, data, etc can be stored and accessed here safely and for those on your team to ask

no cons to report. it does exactly what you need it to do

Patrick
Business Analyst in USA
Versicherung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

The best cloud based online collaborative writing tool

Kommentare: Quip is my team's go to utility for writing documents together. Google Docs is probably one of the most well known cloud based document editors that facilitates collaboration between team members. However, its collaborative elements always seemed tacked on. You can tell that Quip was built to be a team writing tool from the ground up.

Ease of use. It's "stupid easy" to invite people to collaborate on a document. Comments are a breeze. Paragraphs auto-lock when you are editing them to avoid confusion. You can track your team members usage.

I wish that reviewing, version control, and security were stronger. The inclusion of approval processes and flows would be extremely welcome.

Internet, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Salesforce's perfect collaboration tool

Kommentare: If you use Salesforce it is a no-brainer to get Quip. It makes acting on data from your Org quick and easy without having to flip between multiple applications or windows.

What I enjoy most about this tool is the ability to pull information from Salesforce to help with planning. It allows me to create lovely collaborative documents with live information from Salesforce. This makes the project standup quick and easy.

I have a very nitpicky con but as a daily excel user, I wish the spreadsheet functions had an easier to use interface. It feels hard to do easy things like changing the format of a column.