4.7/5
    4.6/5

Über Cloudways

Bietet eine Managed-Hosting-Plattform für die Bereitstellung von populären PHP-basierten Anwendungen auf Infrastruktur-Hosting in nur wenigen Klicks.

Erfahre mehr über Cloudways

Joao M.
Marketing
  • Bewertet am 17.8.2018

"Outstanding Service"

Kommentare: I would definitely recommend CloudWays to anyone that's looking for a place where to host their websites. It's way better and easier to use than any other server/cloud/hosting company.

Vorteile: I've been using CloudWays for a long time now, basically since they started and never had any issues so far. They always have good deals for new users, and prices have always been really good for the service they provide. You can pay as you go, which means that you only pay for what you use. They definitely make the life of a developer way easier, making it easy for anyone (even if you don't have experience) to install any CMS and/or PHP based system. Ohhh and let's not forget.. their customer service is a 10/10.

Nachteile: So far I have not found anything bad about CloudWays, specially now that they just updated their website making it faster and even easier to use. If you're used to do everything through cPanel, get ready to learn how to manage your servers/websites differently (It will only take few minutes if you consider yourself a fast learner).

• Bewertet am 17.8.2018
Creative Media Partner
  • Bewertet am 7.9.2019

"Impressive managed cloud server"

Kommentare: Am currently hosting a property website on cloudways and am impressed with the speed so far which is the more reason why I made the switch and I wasn't disappointed, the best managed cloud server and affordable for those that understands value. Also the CloudBot Automation, Support and enormous knowledge base post is second to known.

Vorteile: The speed at which my web page loads is impressive, this I haven't seen in a long time and haven used cloudways I found it impressive

Nachteile: There's a need for improvement in the area of CloudwaysCDN and Mobile responsiveness when logging-in
this is not to talk down on cloudways but a suggestion.
1. The CDN configuration is seamless and easy to configure with the Breeze plugin but the issue is after the configuration the loading time was slower and when it was disabled loading time became faster, so I think it might be with stackpath or there's some more work that needs be done, Cloudways can introduce Cloudflare, KeyCDN, Dyn and Amazon so users can have choices and pick the best CDN 2. There's a slider that covers up the screen when trying to logging in to your account on mobile device especially when trying to enter the OTP to verify your identity when logging in from an unknown location. 3. When logging in from an unknown location and a security code is sent to the user email, I suggest the code should be clickable such that when clicked it takes users directly to their account.

• Bewertet am 7.9.2019
Michael H.
Co-Founder | Creative Director
  • Bewertet am 16.8.2018

"Great up and coming hosting provider for DigitalOcean and more"

Kommentare: Whenever I have an issue, one of the Cloudways engineers is ready to help me out pretty quickly. Creating and cloning staging apps for our clients apps is super easy with GitHub integration and pull/push/merge options.

Vorteile: - Support staff (live chat and email) are quick, extremely helpful, and actually quite knowledgeable
- The admin panel makes it easy to move/stage/clone apps, and scale your servers on the fly
- A number of one-click installs available (WordPress, Laravel, etc.)
- Great pricing (small margins above base DigitalOcean pricing)

Nachteile: No reseller/agency options available. Creating external access accounts is a bit limited (can't allow a guest user to only access a single app DB, etc.)

• Bewertet am 16.8.2018
shopping store in middile east
  • Bewertet am 5.11.2018

"Do not try "

Kommentare: very Bad

Vorteile: Do not try their services very bad service and technical support is very bad does not have experience of migrating sites have spoiled my site for two days and fixed by another developer

Nachteile: not good their developer, not experience bad services

• Bewertet am 5.11.2018
Mohammed A.
Geschäftsbedarf & -einrichtung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 10.9.2019

"Super System Super Fast Hosting"

Vorteile: Fantastic user platform with fast hosting. Web Software to manage AWS, Linide or Google servers are simplified

Nachteile: Communication could be better. Payment option for PayPal recurring need to be introduced

• Bewertet am 10.9.2019
Daniel W.
Internet, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 10.9.2018

"Great alternative to shared hosting if you know a little"

Kommentare: I've been using Cloudways for a little while but I'm really really liking it. I came from a shared hosting plan and cPanel and couldn't be happier. I feel like I can finally grow my web businesses without all the constraints that normally come with shared hosting and dealing with typical hosting companies.

Vorteile: Cloudways was so easy to set up. I was able to get a server on Digital Ocean setup in a matter of minutes, and then 6 websites (as applications) setup and live in no time. What I like the most
- Customer service is awesome. They help me solve a problem that I caused, and corrected it for me.
- You can spin up a new server or application very quickly
- Adding email and CDN is cost effective and easy to do
- Ability to scale my server based on my needs
- No month-to-month contracts
- Interface is clean and easy to navigate and 100% better than cPanel
What I'm experimenting with
- They offer staging environments but they are still in beta. I'll be playing around with them a little more in the future to better understand how I can use them in my workflow. They do offer the ability to clone staging environments to a live server with a click of a button so that looks promising.

Nachteile: Their online documentation isn't as detailed as it needs to be. I found myself Googling a few things to get my applications and domain setup correctly. Many times I found the answers I needed on another blog post or by piecing together info from several differnt sources. I hope they are able to update their docs in the future and can provide a more detailed guide for domain provisioning.

• Bewertet am 10.9.2018
Nathan R.
  • Bewertet am 20.1.2018

"My secret weapon - there is simply nothing better at the moment"

Kommentare: Cloudways is the best, simply the best at the best price.

Vorteile: I have paid hundreds and thousand of dollars for servers for my websites that don't come near the speed and quality I get with coulways.
And the price is something to consider heavily.
You can select a very cheap server and have your "applications" up and running in literaly less than 5 minutes.
You can transfers your wordpress websites (or blogs) in a matter of minutes with a free plugin that they provide.
Their support is way over than awesome. I have asked so many questions, I have requested so many things and all I get from them is a very nice reply and a a fast response.
your websites will be FASTER!!!!

• Bewertet am 20.1.2018
James B.
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 20.3.2019

"Accesible cloud hosting with reliable support"

Kommentare: I was in two minds when it came to trialling cloudways; there were some bad reviews floating around but all with an older date to them. I'm glad I made use of the trial as I've had nothing but good touchpoints with them, and I've had everything I need out of spinning up an affordable server with solid performance.

Vorteile: - Very affordable
- 24/7 support
- Free trial
- Easy migration
- Integrated staging

Nachteile: I've had zero problems or extra desires from Cloudways as of yet.

• Bewertet am 20.3.2019
Assistant Facility Manager
Internet, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 2.5.2018

"I love it."

Vorteile: I switched from an AIG owned shared server to this, the pricing is not far off from what I was paying and the benefits of using Cloudways are insane. It's so fast, easy to use, and affordable.

Nachteile: They really need to implement a few things, first, if you have the option to add team members, fix the bug that doesnt allow you to add an existing member of cloudways. I don't want 100 different logins for all my clients. Give me an easy to use dashboard for all of them. Second, add a whitelabel option so I can resell this to clients. Third, make the SMTP setup better, or add an email server to the servers that you sell. 4, customer support is decent at best, compared to Flywheel it is truly lacking.

• Bewertet am 2.5.2018
COO
Internet, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 26.11.2019

"Wordpress hosting made easy"

Kommentare: I can provision a website in a blink of an eye, without messing with db configuration, complex https setup. A huge time saver and a pretty solid hosting service.

Vorteile: I love the overall simplicity of the platform. You could be up and running in 5 minutes straight. What it took about an hour (setup the server space, upload files via ftp, setup HTTPS certificates...) with Cloudways can be accomplished in a matter of minutes!

Nachteile: I spotted some slow performance from time to time, nothing awful but sometimes annoying. I'm on the lower paid plan anyway...

• Bewertet am 26.11.2019
  • Bewertet am 25.6.2019

"Cloudways changed the game!"

Kommentare: When Cloudways burst on the hosting scene, they were blazing a trail for low-cost, high performance VPS in a very easy to use package. The industry is catching up, and Cloudways has some solid competitors now. That said, my company has been with Cloudways for 2 years and we're not likely to switch hosting providers anytime soon. They keep releasing new features like staging sites, great deals on CDN and Email via RackSpace. The overall experience is worth sticking around!

Vorteile: Cloudways easy to use interface has been a breath of fresh air over cPanel. Their staging site feature is very handy (especially with E-Commerce sites), and you get great deals on CDN's, email hosting, and referral bonuses. There's lots of pro's to discuss, like in-built server security and caching features that you don't have to manage via command line. You do however, get lots of settings to tweak should you need!

Nachteile: I only have one issue with Cloudways, and that's hit or miss support. Often support agents are very helpful and get to the bottom of your issue, but there are times when it feels like it's the rep's first day on the job. That said, this issue has been happening less and less over time, and I suspect Cloudways got the memo to improve their agent training. Haven't had any reps be rude, knock on wood!

• Bewertet am 25.6.2019
E-Learning, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 5.12.2019

"Perfect to start with"

Kommentare: Cloudways is good for less technical people who want good servers (aws, vultr, digitalocean) but managed.

Vorteile: We were looking for a managed and a solid hosting solution for our platform, we read many reviews that led us to Cloudways. We liked the dashboard and how easy to start a server and create applications there, they provide tools to make some daily task easier (monitoring, caching, backup, ssl, php parameters...).
We recently started a staging server by cloning the production app and it happened in few clicks. Honestly the interface is user-friendly.

Nachteile: After few months I started discovering things that made me enjoy less cloudways! The first thing is support that is really disappointing, the agent are not well trained and they don't understand technical problems.
The second thing is restrictions, there is no root access, no remote database access, no custom php rules...I was expecting more from Cloudways.
Also I can't understand their price is double the original server's price every time we scale, the only service Cloudways is providing is managing servers so nothing changes on their side.

• Bewertet am 5.12.2019
Vincent po B.
Managing Director & Global Chief Marketing & Technology Officer
Informationsdienst, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 12.4.2019

"Of two minds..."

Kommentare: Overall, I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with Cloudways. At times it's good and at times it's absolutely frustrating in the way they're setup.
I tend to prefer a Digital Ocean + Server Pilot combination.

Vorteile: I know a lot of agency businesses like using Cloudways, the pricing is good for using services like Digital Ocean, but see my cons. Their interface is not your normal cPanel type interface but it's not bad and offers some nice user-friendly access to server features.

Nachteile: I'm relatively savvy with working with web hosts and setting up sites, servers, etc. But for some reason, I found using Cloudways to be somewhat frustrating in their setup. The other annoying thing is the way they handle additional MySQL databases for a site (e.g. if you have multiple apps installed that require a MySQL database). Also, tech support can vary - for the most part, they've been pretty good, but I have encountered 1 or 2 lousy tech support agents. The last one I encountered was very dismissive, somewhat condescending, didn't read or pay attention at all and ended up not being helpful at all.

• Bewertet am 12.4.2019
Web Developer
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 20.5.2019

"Cloudways for the experienced developer"

Kommentare: Cloudways has been fantastic. Once I was setup I got an email from someone requesting feedback on my experience. I replied and received an immediate response along with what is in the plans to meet my needs as far as server expansion and balancing as apps grow.

Vorteile: -Ease of Entry
-One click app install
-Cost is beneficial for the small projects I launch

Nachteile: -Email isn't included (not really a con but if that was important to you)

• Bewertet am 20.5.2019
MIS Specialist
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 2.4.2018

"One of the most easiest Manage Cloud Hosting providers"

Vorteile: The Easiest Configuration Setup:
It was a difficult to setup and maintain cloud servers but Cloudways made things very easy for their users that means you don't need to be expert to configured or maintain your virtual serves.
I have been doing R&D on different Managed cloud hosting services and I have not found any similarity in term of ease, which Cloudways is giving to their users.
24/7 Support Available:
Customer support has been a core part of Cloudways pitch since they were founded.
Their CS staff is well train; and they have the solution right away of any technical difficulties.
They are available on Chat & Tickets. You may reach them via Chat for immediate solution.
Best Features:
Free Trail
You can install unlimited applications
They provide auto back up for websites.
User-friendly panel.

Nachteile: There really hasn't been any major issues.
They can get more business, if training material provided for the layman users.

• Bewertet am 2.4.2018
Christopher J.
Photographer
Fotografie, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 16.5.2019

"Best Hosting Provider on the Planet!"

Kommentare: I migrated 2 sites over to cloudways. One was 16g! No issues, sites came right up using https.

Vorteile: I migrated to Cloudways from another leader in the industry. Cloudways pricing structure is absolutely wonderful. The ability to add cores or space is extremely helpful as well. Love love cloudways!

Nachteile: The lack of a cpanel took some getting used to as well as not having control over my email accounts.

• Bewertet am 16.5.2019
Darian R.
Cat Herder
Design, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 12.6.2018

"Awesome"

Vorteile: The best part is being up and running in minutes without having to do anything. Well, almost anything. The nice thing also is having a choice between hosting like Digital Ocean or AWS, Azure, etc.

Nachteile: Like all awesome, modern things, when it hits a snag it is really frustrating. The interface is complicated, but it is functional.

• Bewertet am 12.6.2018
Richard B.
Webmaster
Internet, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 21.3.2019

"Good Cloud Web Hosting"

Vorteile: Performance is excellent - pages load much faster than on my previous VPS host. Support is good, both through knowledgebase and online chat. Access to resources is pretty good, via SFTP and SSH and MySQL Workbench

Nachteile: Don't have as much control over resources as you do with a VPS. No phpMyAdmin, though they claim you can install it yourself but the instructions are incomplete regarding creating users. I used MyQL Workbench but that is a Mac application so is not a solution for everyone. Had problems creating email accounts for domains that did not have content, violates their anti-spam rules

• Bewertet am 21.3.2019
  • Bewertet am 7.3.2018

"Love the ease of use and functionality of Cloudways!"

Vorteile: Very fast, great support, easy to use and set up - we've deployed fully functional apps and websites in MINUTES!

Nachteile: The lower packages are basically shared hosting but it's not Cloudways, it is the other providers such as Digital Ocean, Vultr etc.

• Bewertet am 7.3.2018
Cedric P.
Telekommunikation, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 16.10.2018

"Amazing hosting for agencies"

Vorteile: - Very easy to setup granular permissions
- Very fast servers to choose from (AM3, Vultr, Etc)
- Free staging environment

Nachteile: - It takes the intervention of a support member to add the email add-on...

• Bewertet am 16.10.2018
Rudi S.
Lead Developer
Kosmetik, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 30.5.2019

"Cloudways is the Ultimate Hosting Provider"

Kommentare: Great platform for when you need a VPS but don't have the time to configure and maintain your own server. The support team is really efficient and always go above beyond to ensure everything runs smoothly. I recommend this platform to everyone who is serious about their online business

Vorteile: Features, admin panel layout and ample resources

Nachteile: Can't think of any cons about this hosting provider

• Bewertet am 30.5.2019
Sebastian C.
Entrepreneur
Onlinemedien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 31.5.2019

"Cloudways thought of everything"

Vorteile: Incredibly easy to set up (just a few clicks), comprehensiveness of services offered at a most affordable price, very well documented, reliable hosting, and so user-friendly. I migrated over from needlessly complex Google Cloud platform where I previously lost three of my web applications due to configuration issues, that wasted my time without any solution. Never going back.

Nachteile: So far, I do not have anything on my dislike list for this company.

• Bewertet am 31.5.2019
Lewis H.
Head of ICT
Musik, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 8.1.2019

"Makes managing a VPS a breeze"

Kommentare: Ditch your shared hosting and setup a fast VPS on the cheap with very limited technical knowledge

Vorteile: Makes managing a cheap VPS from the likes of Digital Ocean super easy Very simple and easy to understand GUI
Pricing includes cost of Cloudways and VPS hosting
Offsite backup and restores of your VPS
Easy to create copies and staging sites
Performance is much better than cheap shared hosting

Nachteile: Support can be a little slow to respond, but always give good answers

• Bewertet am 8.1.2019
Caleb W.
Senior Digital Designer
Design, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 7.7.2019

"One stop shop"

Kommentare: I would say I'm still pretty green in the world of Cloudways, and developing in general. But their documentation is great and super easy to follow.

Vorteile: Just how easy everything is. I do not come from a developing background but even I got my head around everything pretty quickly. The support team are top notch.

Nachteile: That I didn't find this software sooner.

• Bewertet am 7.7.2019
Brent R.
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 31.12.2019

"My first introduction to Cloud Hosting, and I loved it"

Kommentare: I always avoided getting a VPS because I didn't want to deal with the trouble of managing it. Cloudways is a tool that makes it easy to spin up a server at a few different providers, and then give you an interface to manage that server, almost as easy as with cPanel.

Vorteile: I love how flexible Cloudways is. I've dabbled with a few similar tools since I first tried Cloudways, and none of them had quite as many options. I love how you can easily spin up new servers, and each server can be configured down to the small details at any time. It means you can have a VPS without having to be a server administrator. Cloudways gives you an interface that lets you do ALMOST everything you might need, and does all the hard work behind the scenes for you.

Nachteile: There are a few things I would like to see, like Litespeed integration for servers. I would also like an option to have email services through your server, even if it cost extra. Also, the interface could use a slight refresh as it can be a little daunting at first.

• Bewertet am 31.12.2019