Perfect and customized cloud-based layout creation software for any busy event center or venue

Bewertet am 22.2.2018
Operations Manager
Hochschulbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Events is a stressful career path. There is always the next big event hanging over your head. Finding work/life balance when your venue is in constant use is relatively difficult... Social Tables helps us to take away some of that stress. It's a good tool for our staff, and a great way to show our clients our ideas for their unique event needs.

Vorteile: Social Tables helps us create to-scale diagrams using actual measurements of our furniture and event spaces... This is an invaluable tool for us - it has saved my organization so much time and effort by making sure our clients know exactly what to expect when they walk in day-of. Our clients will come to our event planning meetings with ideas that are creative, but aren't necessarily appropriate for our unique space. After our event-planning meetings, Social Tables allows us the chance to give our clients an exact representation of the capabilities of our space. This can help not only to show the client our knowledge of what will work best in the space, but also to discourage a stubborn client from insisting on a "bad idea." The client will walk into our space the day of their event knowing exactly what they will get. I work primarily with a student-based staff... Social Tables is a great opportunity to show my visual-learners what I have in mind when I say "aud style for 500" or "rounds for 400." They can match their physical set-up to the Social Tables diagram with no room for error. No more sloppy room diagrams drawn in pen with no attention to scale, space, or room flow. My staff knows exactly what to do. Safety is a priority at our venue, and most clients aren't aware of our fire code. Room capacity is easily demonstrated here, and we have a visual representation of our fire exits, elevators, and stairways. A perfect visual tool.

Nachteile: Social Tables is highly customized and might not be appropriate for people who have a hard time with technology. I personally think it's a very easy program to use, but some of my less-computer-savvy team members have a hard time understanding the intricacies of the software. As a venue whose costs of operating are going up and up, the yearly subscription fee is something that we might not be able to justify permanently... Until then, I'll be getting a lot of value out of this program.

Great redesign of the Website!!

Bewertet am 20.11.2018
Kelly J.
Social Event Planner
Gastgewerbe, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, the new version of social Tables is a huge success! I have been enjoying using social Tables way more now and think it is one of the best diagram software out there

Vorteile: Social Tables just got a huge redesign and update to the website and it is now VERY easy and user friendly! The design is way more appealing and the new features added are a great addition!

Nachteile: Due to the newness of the update, the website can experience some glitch every now and then. Also, website can run slow, even on high speed internet.

I like it overall.

Bewertet am 29.8.2017
Etsuko A.

Kommentare: Being able to create diagrams easily on own without having to ask hotels to do so. Being able to share the diagrams with all stakeholders easily. Use as a meeting room setup check list on site.

Vorteile: Easy to use.
I like that I can share diagrams I created with hotels on a cloud and that the hotels can edit my diagram if needed.

Nachteile: When I was comparing prices, Social Tables offered more features than their competitors but was more expensive. You might be paying for features you don't need.
I need to first ask SocialTables to move venue floorplans in their database to My Library in order for me to create multiple diagrams in the same event.

I use Social Tables to do seating arrangements for events I'm hosting.

Bewertet am 16.1.2018
Ashley M.
Alumni Relations Coordinator

Vorteile: I use Social Tables to do assigned seating as an event planner. I love that I'm able to take my uploaded list and add them to tables by groups, so I never get a couple separated. This is especially helpful when a lot of my registrants have different last names, so they can get un-grouped very easily. With Social Tables, when I move one person - I move everyone else whom they want to sit with. This saves me a ton of time from having to go back and check my lists a dozen times with each table change.

Nachteile: I love Social Tables and all that it has to offer. It makes seating arrangements so easy! However, it would be great if I could import my registration list from an event registration platform, instead of an excel spreadsheet. I have to make sure my excel spreadsheet is up-to-date before I import it. This makes it hard when I have last minute guests register in my registration system because they are not then reflected on Social Tables unless I manually add them. Having the joint effort between registration and seating would make all the difference as an event planner!

I discovered this product as the Director of Catering in at a full service hotel

Bewertet am 4.4.2018
Kim S.
Director of Catering
Eventservice, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our clients loved it and it made communication easier because they could literally see the room set up and make changes as they needed.

Vorteile: Way more affordable than Meeting Matrix and the start up of the project was way less involved. They used the engineer's drawings of the building to create the different spaces. I love that you could change the linen colors and the 3D view of the space. Plus the ability to collaborate on projects with your client is amazing!

Nachteile: The inability to customize the print out created a few growing pains that we hadn't anticipated. Our banquet team had become accustomed to having certain information printed on the room diagrams to assist with set up. The print out for some rooms contained a lot of white space around the room, making the details in the room smaller- harder to notice for our set up crew.

Great for event planners! Updates cause issues.

Bewertet am 6.12.2018
Director of Sales
Gastgewerbe, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great program and would recommend it to other event planners.

Vorteile: Ease of use and the large options of tools to create an event design. Internet-based, so I'm able to access it from any computer.

Nachteile: Every time an update is made to the program we seem to face issues - like finding events an diagrams.

Amazing product, but does not always translate to what the space looks like

Bewertet am 13.3.2018
Special Events Manager
Gastgewerbe

Vorteile: There is nothing better than having a site visit, and hearing "I'll send it over in a floorplan". Social Tables allows you to capture the vision as best you can with ink. The functionality of the keypad allows you to be quick to create something new. I do appreciate having social tables anytime I am detailing an event.

Nachteile: Sometimes the floor plan from the bird's eye view makes sense, but when you get into the space, it feels too tight or too large, as if the calculations and dimensions are a bit off. There are also not a ton of furniture options, so sometimes static furniture within the space does not look correct in the floorplan

Love this

Bewertet am 24.7.2018
Jess B.

Vorteile: Easiest diagram making program I have ever used. There are many options that can be applied including a 3d diagram. Very awesome program

Nachteile: Some of the items to use or select from are random but the basics are there once you set everything up the way you want it!

I use Social Tables to plot out room sets, get maximum capacities for venues, especially with A/V.

Bewertet am 24.4.2018
Special Events/Programs Manager
51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The benefits we receive are 1. getting a visual of room layouts, 2. Being able to easier to seat assignments, 3. Being able to share floor plans via email

Vorteile: It's web-based and very user friendly. Their development team is constantly adding new functionality and they listen to their customers/users.
We host on-site events and we're able to upload our floor plans to show outside guests what can and can not be done. The proof is in the schematic!

Nachteile: I wish I knew had to use all the "bells and whistles" the software has to offer. It's quite robust and I personally feel that I need to hone my skills with the software. As they say...everything takes time. Another issue I've run into is that not all hotels/venues have their floor plans in Social Tables, so you have to go back to your contact(s) to ask if they have a diagram that can be uploaded.

Pretty easy diagram creating software

Bewertet am 15.5.2018
Social Event Planner
Gastgewerbe

Vorteile: Software has a lot of functionality and is pretty easy to use. Also they are constantly updating their system and trying to add useful functionality

Nachteile: Social Tables has a lot of functionalities but might look a little clustered sometimes. The design of the software could definitely use some clean up

Partnership with venue management software makes creating layouts much easier!

Bewertet am 14.2.2018

Vorteile: They partner with our venue management software, Tripleseat, so all of our layouts automatically are linked to their respective events.

Nachteile: Getting layouts setup can be tricky. Our event space is outdoors and measurements are hard to take because the space is not exact (it's a lawn area and amphitheater).

General Review

Bewertet am 9.1.2017
Lillyan R.
Sales Manager
Gastgewerbe, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Would like to have a booth tracker for big Exhibit Shows. Where we could add vendors names, product and booth number.

Great, simple to use platform that impresses clients

Bewertet am 5.6.2018
Conference Services Manager
Hausmeisterservice

Vorteile: The software is extremely user friendly. You can learn how to use it in less than an hour. Additionally, the 3D view option is very impressive and wow'ed our clients.

Nachteile: It glitches several times throughout the weekend making creating diagrams more of a struggle. However, their customer service is great at remedying the issue.

Great event planning tool

Bewertet am 23.4.2018
Registration Coordinator
Eventservice, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I love utilizing Social Tables for event planning needs. It allows me to customize event layouts with correct capacities and space requirements.

Nachteile: Sometimes the layout could be a little misconstrued. Knowing a space, I felt I could manipulate a space in ways the software did not deem possible.

Great floor plan and layout software. Makes it easy for planners and clients to view and use plans

Bewertet am 7.11.2017
Sarah D.
Event and Catering Sales Manager
Restaurants, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I loved the fact that you can customize the furniture and items to fit your space. The fact that you can account for service parameters was awesome.

Nachteile: My only complaint was the fact that Social Tables didn't have an app. It made working on an Ipad a little slow some times.

Social Tables is Okay

Bewertet am 11.2.2019
Web Developer
Gastgewerbe, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My overall experience is using it to create floor plans for clients. The clients are usually pleased with the results, though I'd prefer that it was easier to use and more constant.

Vorteile: Social Tables is nice in their ability to provide floorplans, and to be relatively upfront about what their pricing is. Their rendering also does a decent job helping clients to visualize what these layouts will look like.

Nachteile: I wish that Social Tables would stop changing the URLs and versioning of their software. It makes finding a working integration a bit misleading and difficult.

Social Tables What a God Send

Bewertet am 12.4.2019
Jenny M.
Board Member
Eventservice, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: This makes the ease of planning for our event each year so easy. We are able to arrange and rearrange the tables and dance floor and bar on paper without ever lifting a finger to move furniture

Nachteile: There is really nothing that we don't like about this program

Good basic software

Bewertet am 21.2.2018
Event Coordinator
Immobilien, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Social Tables is generally a good, basic software. It gets the job done at a cost-effective and quick pace. Their customer service is awesome and prompt, their staff is friendly and easy to build relationships with, and they are awesome at helping us draw in our diagrams to have as much consistency as possible. Overall, it works for our team at this time.

Nachteile: They have some bugs that they constantly are working to fix. It's a really good thing their support team is as quick and amazing as they are! It's a bit unfortunate though, as they seem to be very reactive in their software rather than proactive.

This is a lifesaver

Bewertet am 17.11.2016
Ronetta J.
Administrator/Event Manager
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I planned an event in Jamaica earlier this year and since I couldn't just jump on a flight every time I had issues with floor plans. I found social tables and just uploaded the floor plan and was able to share with the venue my vision of set ups and it turned out great!!!

Vorteile: It is very simple to use and the customer service was great

Nachteile: N/A

von Social Tables an 17.11.2016

Hi Ronetta,

We are so glad that you had a stellar experience with Social Tables!

-David

Amazing platform to design beautiful floorplans!

Bewertet am 5.12.2017
Founder and CEO
Eventservice

Kommentare: Great design tool for any Event Planner!

Vorteile: What I like the most about this amazing events tool is the ability to design floor plans and seating. This is a valuable and efficient tool for any event planner.

Nachteile: Could have been great if they had even more event features included in what they offer. They don't cover all my event planning needs.

Overall solid

Bewertet am 15.11.2018
Allison L.
SMD, Events
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Easy to use for most people on the ground at events and volunteers alike

Nachteile: Would have liked to see some more advanced features

interactive floor plan

Bewertet am 13.3.2018
Jane R.
events manager
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: live collaboration - powerful analytics - interactive floor plan - easy distribution and marketing channels

Nachteile: pricey, that is all.