Fantastic company

Bewertet am 12.7.2016
Gillian C.
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are holiday letting company based in East Lothian and have found that using this software has completely changed the running of our business, making holiday bookings simple, no more double bookings. The support team are just amazing and react very quickly

Vorteile: Gosh so many things. I think the automated email reminders sent to clients letting them know that their balance payment is due. This tracking system saves us so much time, the system is set to take online payments and alerts us is payments have not been made in time. The live calendars enable holiday guests to book 24 hours a day and so our bookings have increased since taking on this system

Nachteile: The only slight problem is that the software does not link both ways with Holiday Lettings and Trip Advisor.

von Bookster an 13.7.2016

Thank you for your very kind words Gillian, we really do appreciate them.

We simply aim to make your lives easier to allow you to continue providing your guests with a brilliant experience of East Lothian.

Have a great summer season!

Perfect Solution for 1 Property, Great Support

Bewertet am 23.2.2017
Weston Z.
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The two selling points of this software to me are the affordability for a 1 property rental. I can't afford to pay like some of the more sophisticated options out there. #2 is it does everything I need it to do.
My favorite feature is the Booking.com integration where Ino longer have to chase down renters from Booking.com to pay. Bookster makes it happen automatically. I think us renters all have the same feelings toward Booking.com I hate their system. Well, good news, Bookster removes that PAIN.
It does everything I need it to do,
- availability calender and capability to book directly from my site
- Manage bookings and accept payments through my Stripe account (totally painless)
- Manage damage deposits completely automatically with full customization
- I can produce a professional image to my clients with their email service
- I can also take phone/organic orders and set them up myself in Bookster
Things it needs:
- Ability to connect multiple iCal calendars. One is not enough
- Ability to edit the theme of the calendar plugin so we can make it match our website better
- Ability to edit the payment pages by more than just adding our logo, again, to mathc our website (Needs background and color editting capability. Image BG's would be awesome)
- The whole software should be reworked a bit onlayout and functionality of buttons and pages. It is a bit confusing, and there is room for improvement on a CLEAN DASHBOARD layout.
Over all, I am thrilled with Bookster. Their support is amazing. I live in two different time zones (7 hrs apart) and no matter what time or day, 80% of time they respond to emails, messages instantly. And for sure within 8 hrs the other 20% of time. And you get a super helpful, capable response, with a personal touch.

Vorteile: Their personable helpful support, capability of the software, and the channel integration with Booking.com

Nachteile: The dashboard layout and the inability to edit the calendar plugin for my website

von Bookster an 23.2.2017

Thank you very much for the great review and excellent feedback! All fair points.

With our most recent update, we now support multiple iCal feeds! They are listed under the Channel button. If the OTA / website that you are on does not show up on the list, let us know and we can add them.

Mostly satisfactory

Bewertet am 18.5.2018
Gordon D.

Vorteile: I like that it combines a booking calendar with Stripe payments, and that the calendar import of availability from other channels is frequent, polling every few minutes, which reduces the risk of double booking. The user interface is mostly good, although some options are hard to find.

Nachteile: The calendar export for availability is flawed - Bookster exports all bookings, including those imported from other channels. So when Bookster calendar ICS is re-imported to Homeaway, Airbnb, Tripadvisor those export-and -re-imports show up as conflicts. I can ignore those warnings, but I would rather not have them at all. Those others providers similarly offer calendar import and export, but export only their own bookings.
For Bookster, this does not appear to be a difficult thing to fix - I say that because all the others do it. I did raise this issue with customer support; the response was that I need to set Bookster up as the master booking system, transfer bookings manually and not have the import-export loop. Frankly, that's a bit arrogant - in this game, Bookster is not the Daddy.

von Bookster an 21.5.2018

Hi Gordon,

Thanks for your great review, we really do appreciate it.

There is a form of the iCal URL that would mean only passing blocks and bookings created in Bookster out to the channels. Not a complete fix but might work better for you.

I will drop you an email explaining it further.

Robin

Great quality - easy to use booking software - would definitely recommend

Bewertet am 10.7.2016
Laura F.
Owner/Founder
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've been using Bookster for 3 years. The software has slotted easily in to my existing website and has proven to be 100% reliable. Its now easy to take direct bookings and the system looks after everything including guest confirmation and automated payment processing.

Vorteile: Just as good for small businesses as well as larger ones. Affordable complete booking system. Lots of good tools. I can operate easily from Smart phone. Issues professional looking communication emails to guests. Links in to other marketing channels perfectly. Great team support.

Nachteile: Its all pretty good

Simple and Effective - Great!

Bewertet am 3.2.2017
Emma P.
Business Manager
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have been using Bookster since I joined Reserve Apartments and they continue to improve the customer booking experience and remove so many of the tedious admin parts of running Reserve. They built and look after our website, provide our booking system and allow us to share our properties out to multiple other websites. They are easy to get a hold of and very responsive any time we need help.

Vorteile: It strikes the right balance of having extensive features without being overcomplicated.

Nachteile: Honestly nothing!

von Bookster an 3.2.2017

Thank you for your kind words Emma! We will endeavour to continue to support Reserve as much as we can!!

make it easy to run your self catering business

Glenn F.
Director/owner
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have been with this software provider from the very start and it has been a pleasure watch them to develop and enhance this booking software.

Vorteile: Very easy to use, I can access it anywhere and has made operating my self catering business much more efficient.

Nachteile: I am impatient for some more tools to be developed to assist with multiple property management.

von Bookster an 7.7.2016

Thanks Glenn, thanks for your ongoing support and feedback. We have some great tools in the pipeline to help you grow your business even further.

Bookster is Great!

Bewertet am 8.7.2016
Hatty W.
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Easy to use, great product for accommodation booking. One of the most user friendly systems out there.

Vorteile: Great customer service

von Bookster an 11.7.2016

Thanks for your feedback and great review! Hopefully Bookster can live up to your amazing properties!

Bookster for Self-Catering House

Bewertet am 21.2.2017
Hannah S.

Kommentare: We were primarily looking for a Property Management System to integrate with Visit Scotland - after some research we chose Bookster based the price and professional look. In setting up the website, I have been so impressed with the level of customer service. Every question I ask, no matter how small is answered, and though some of the features are not able to be changed (it is a set website template, not a self-designed one after all), I feel like the Bookster team does take my feedback into account. It does take some getting used to - mostly figuring out what heading in the back end corresponds with each part of the website that customers see, but we are excited to be taking online bookings and show availability on our website and on Visit Scotland!

Vorteile: The customer service is exceptional, and the value for money is top notch. Beyond that, it does everything advertised, which is why we chose it after all!

Nachteile: Some of the small features are fixed in the website template. That being said, it is expected unless you are paying to completely design your own website. When I mention specific features I want to modify to the customer service team, I am often tell that my feedback is being passed onto the developers, so I fully expect this software to only improve.

von Bookster an 21.2.2017

Thank you Hannah! Your continued feedback is definitely valued and we hope to keep making Bookster better for you :-)

Smooth running user friendly service

Bewertet am 14.2.2019
Iain M.
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Easy to use for owner and guests
Excellent customer service
Even the basic website design service produces something with a quality look.

Nachteile: At the moment, nothing comes to mind. Been using it a year and so far so good.

von Bookster an 20.2.2019

Hi Iain, thank you for leaving us a review.

Keeping our tools easy to use is an aspect that we focus on, so we're delighted to hear that you are happy with them.

We've been working hard on new features, so keep an eye on our blog or newsletters for news!

Many thanks again,
The Bookster team

Very good!

Leigh M.
MD
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: been with them for years even if I get just the one booking per month it pays for it's service! cool!

Vorteile: Easy to use!

Nachteile: It does take quite a while to update all the dates ....but that's because Cardiff many big events on!

von Bookster an 11.7.2016

You are one of our first clients and really proud we have managed to keep providing you with a great service since you started. Thank you for the review and valuable feedback.

My experience is very good.

Bewertet am 27.6.2017
Helen A.
Gastgewerbe, Selbstständig

Vorteile: Good links to own website, so I can show my availability easily. The live chat is excellent, so far I have managed to sort out all my issues using it, no hanging about on the phone. It's also very good value for money.

Nachteile: Some areas of the site can be a bit restrictive - for example the information given to customers cannot include hyperlinks and standard emails cannot be amended.

von Bookster an 27.6.2017

Thank you very much Helen, really glad Bookster is helping with your holiday rental.

We deliberately lock down the emails so that guests have a clear route into the Guest Area (for making payments and getting booking info) but take your point on linking out from there - something to take a look at.

It took a week or two to learn to negotiate Bookster and now I have it makes life much easier

Bewertet am 4.7.2017
Lisa H.

Vorteile: I like that fact it sends out emails for balance monies so I don't have to remember to do this. I can just trust it. It is so much easier that customers can book through our site.

Nachteile: There were some minor issues where to find things and setting up emails and when they were sent out but now its fine. Sometimes I would like to add customers that have chosen to pay through the bank so all customers are in one place, it isn't easy to do.

von Bookster an 5.7.2017

Thank you Lisa! We are really happy that Bookster has made running your business easier. We will definitely try to make adding existing bookings simpler.

Excellent channel manager for handling apartment bookings. Fantastic support provided by Robin.

Bewertet am 8.5.2018
Isty A.

Vorteile: I have never used a channel manager before, but Robin gave me a demo and showed me what Bookster could do to make running our apartment easier, and I am delighted to say that once set up the software handles the pricing and availability pushing out to various channels. I'm still in the process of setting up with the various channels but this take the pressure away from having double bookings !

Nachteile: I think a little more flexibility would be great but for 99% of users the interface and options provided are as required.

Simple and informative

Bewertet am 21.5.2018
Vicky D.
Carer
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Clients can book without too much work from me

Vorteile: Easy to use in my iPhone device and allows me to edit and update with ease
The software is simple for someone like me who has little software knowledge

Nachteile: I would like a clear list in asending order of my bookings by arrival date as this would help me plan my diary and arrange relevant services such as cleaning and meet and greets

www.SpectrumBreaks.co.uk uses Bookster

Colin P.
Managing Director
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Bookster was very easy to setup and include into our own web site content. Their online help was very good and very responsive. The price is very competitive and value for money.

Vorteile: The functionality is nice and simple to use and easy to understand, it also present well to the customer to make the booking experience easy to understand.

Nachteile: When you enter the Bookster booking page, if you are not using the Bookster web site facility you loose your own branding and ability to easily get back to your own web site,

Great Product

Bewertet am 10.6.2016
Anna M.
2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great product and very easy to use. We would highly recommend especially to smaller operators who will find the features and customer service both excellent.

Vorteile: Ease of use, both from a operator and customer perspective

von Bookster an 6.7.2016

Thank you for your review Anna, you continue to be a great client with a fantastic business - some of the most stunning properties in Edinburgh.

A very good software to manage one rental property

Bewertet am 4.10.2018
Neha V.
Self Employed
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Overall, it has helped me manage my one rental properly satisfactorily.

Vorteile: Very good support which can be customized as per the requirement.
Ease of use
The ability to set reminders for clients whose payments are due
Integration with booking.com

Nachteile: I would love it if the software could link to more websites in the rental domain. Also, the layout of the dashboard could be slightly more user friendly

von Bookster an 5.10.2018

Thank you for getting in touch Neha. We're delighted to hear that your experience with Bookster is positive and that you are finding the software easy to use.
We appreciate your comments about the layout, and if you would like to contact our customer services area directly, we can talk further about the links to the other websites.
All the best, from the team at Bookster.

Fantastic Customer Service!

Bewertet am 30.9.2016
Susan T.

Kommentare: I have only just signed up to Bookster having compared it to other products on the market and I have to say that so far I am delighted with my choice. I don't have much experience in this space and the team couldn't have been more helpful in getting me up and running and giving me confidence that if I have any problems they will be there to support me. Using their website template, I had my online booking site up and running in no time. They also listen to feedback and are constantly enhancing their products. Brilliant! Thanks guys.

von Bookster an 30.9.2016

Thank you for the kind words Sue!

Croftgarrow looks like a gorgeous place to have a break in Perthshire, I am sure it will continue to have great occupancy.

Bookster brings holiday break booking into the 21st century

Bewertet am 11.7.2016
Ralph A.
Chief dogsbody
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Bookster has steadily improved over many years of use. It has always been as least as good as its competitiors, but it has continued to improve. Most importantly, it provides a cost-effective solution to handle bookings, be it just one property or a multitude.

Vorteile: Simplicity, reliability, scalability, and, most important, inter-operability with a wide array of 3rd party platforms such as Tripadvisor and AirBnB.

Nachteile: The back end navigation is slightly un-intuitive at first use. If you haven't often got reason to log in to this interface then it can be a little confusing. However, once you establish where key components and functionality are located it becomes much easier.

Great software. Been using for 9 years. Gets better all the time.

Bewertet am 4.5.2016
Gareth T.
Director & Co-founder

Kommentare: Have been using the software (various different versions) over the last 9 years. It's grown with our business, and also allowed us to grow our business without drowning in admin. We particularly like the automatic payment chasing emails for balance and damage deposit payments. Saves us hundreds of hours of work, and makes things easier for our guests too.

von Bookster an 4.5.2016

Thanks Gareth! We are actively developing new features all the time so look forward to delivering you even more in the future :-)

The support offered by Bookster has been first class

Bewertet am 6.7.2018
Frank G.

Vorteile: I like the fact that it's fairly easy to use once you get the hang of it and that the technical support is quick to react to a request fir assistance.

Nachteile: I least like its limited linkage to the other main OTAs such as AirBnB, HomeAway etc compared to other channel managers

von Bookster an 18.7.2018

Thanks for your feedback Frank. We are looking at supporting OTAs in future. Your website and property look amazing!

We want to ensure that our connection with Booking.com is as good as it can be to reduce friction for our clients.

I can't use this software I paid the money to join and find it of absolutely no use to me I feel as

Bewertet am 30.5.2017
Ronnie C.
hotel owner
Gastgewerbe, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: none

Vorteile: nothing I can't use the software I've spent hours trying to set it up and it still shows me not having any rooms to let

Nachteile: The fact that it's impossible for me to use it see above I can't publish anything on it it is simply no good to me

von Bookster an 20.6.2017

Hi Ronnie, I am sorry that you had a bad experience with Bookster.

Bookster is designed for use with holiday rentals and not hotels.

We refunded Ronnie in full. We hope you find the right solution for your hotel.

Using Bookster

Bewertet am 4.5.2016
Justine W.

Kommentare: Easy to use and clear thanks of the calendar system. You can check your bookings anytime and everywhere, that's really convenient.
Good if you don't already have your own website as a renter.
Also good too increase your bookings..
I recommend Bookster to all the renters who wish to have or keep their own website !

new booking online package

Bewertet am 18.11.2016
Joy S.

Kommentare: thank you for your help in considering what package to go with but have now reconsidered the options and will not be taking up the booking on line system

von Bookster an 23.11.2016

Thanks for your feedback, if you need any more help give us a shout.

Struggling with linking calendars but great customer service

Bewertet am 4.6.2018
Editor In Chief

Vorteile: Really like the purpose of the software. Keen to take bookings ourselves and Bookster seems to tick all the boxes.

Nachteile: Linking calendars is causing us grief. I am sure once this is sorted all will work perfectly. And the customer service is great.