The Solution We've Been Waiting For!

Bewertet am 22.4.2018
Cindy B.
Closeout Specialist & HR Administrator
Telekommunikation, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This is going to cut down the time spent and headaches from trying to manage our assets (and their maintenance!) tenfold!

Vorteile: Obviously the best thing about this software is that it's a full-featured asset management system with no subscription fees! We have been using a very limited database that integrates with Google Drive (Obvibase), which served its purpose for the first five years of business, but as our assets grow, we need something heftier. We're a small company, so we're not going to be able to fork over thousands of dollars to subscribe to some of Asset Tiger's competitors (and honestly, we don't need the majority of the bells and whistles). When I first read about Asset Tiger, I was skeptical, but I read more about it and decided to try it out. It's free for customers who buy tags, so I ordered some free samples and started to familiarize myself with the software. It was very intuitive and easy to use. I'm sure I haven't figured out all the finer details, and we would have some work to do to get everything rolled out to employees to start using, but it's fantastic so far. The graphical user interface is nice, and it's easy to set up. I exported from our old database, downloaded their import template, moved my exported file around to match, and imported our database in under 20 minutes. We're impressed. It's turning a task I used to hate into one I'm a little excited about.

Nachteile: There is only one thing that I tried to do that couldn't be done so far, and that was to run a report showing only assets. I did a simple workaround - I added a new field that I'll add the word "TRUE" in for these items as they're added. I also sorted the list by most expensive to least expensive, checked all the items, and batch-added this attribute. Then I ran a custom report for all items with that attribute designated as TRUE, and it worked.

I would gladly give them my money, but it's free!

Bewertet am 12.3.2018
Kevin H.
IT Director
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We get a great product with excellent support and it costs us nothing. This is important since we are a church that relies on donations to continue forward.

Vorteile: This AM software has a million features that you should be paying for, but the tool is free. There are a ton of canned reports and you can customize them or make your own. Check things in, check them out. Track when they are broken or fixed. Attach all of your photos and purchasing documents to the asset in the tool. I thought it was great and then I found the auditing feature. What??? You can use this tool to perform an audit, and it's free? I found a data mismatch in a report and sent it in to the support team. They fixed it...and fast. It was like support from a paid product, but this product is free. Take my money already! Asset Tiger is fantastic!

Nachteile: As some have stated, there is a limited amount of documentation on some of the more complex features. You just have to suss it out yourself. But that's fine because you learn by making mistakes and by configuring and trying the tool. Once you are done figuring it out, you know the tool that much better.

Used it for our church inventory, great tool to use with a lot of features. Nice having it for free.

Bewertet am 28.12.2017
S.p. V.
Head of technical department

Vorteile: It's complete with: multiple users, multiple sites, multiple locations and multiple departments. The software offers a complete financial projection of your inventory, your TCO of your inventory and the status of every piece of equipment. What I like best is the different statuses a piece can have. Is it broken and for reparair, is it broken and thrown away, what's the cost of the repair, what's the cost in case of a new one...it all adds up in the completeness of the software. Also great is the app that's available, at least for iOS (don't know for Android). It can do almost the same as the web version. In the end what's a good part is that you can number your equipment so you can label it, maintain it and track it. As soon as you start using this it's kind of keeping it up to date and maintain it. Every time something happens to a piece you need to administrate it so your inventory is right. It's totally a great tool for a company or any NGO.

Nachteile: It looks like it needs the asset tags that this company offers. It's not a requirement but it probably helps tracking your inventory. One thing I noticed is that you can't remove your account in case you don't need the software anymore (for whatever reason). If so, you need to contact support and they will help you remove your account, very easy and very fast.

Software is amazing. Smart business strategy. Go with this tool you will not be dissapointed.

Bewertet am 29.3.2018
Lee A.
System Administrator

Kommentare: saves me money, saves me time, is easy to use. Makes me look like a professional.

Vorteile: The software is free, does everything we need it to do. Looks professional, allows for reporting for management. Is a real win IT wise. We switched from a few Asset management systems that were free. This one blows them out of the water. I manage the MSP operations for my company. This allows me to manage multiple sites uniquely. put notes on equipment for maintenance, check in / out equipment to individual users or locations. You can even break down the locations by rooms / area's or floors or in theory the desk that the equipment sits at. will help calculate depreciation of equipment, for tax purposes at the end of the year.

Nachteile: It's good. My only concern is when something is free your the product.
I'm curious to know what they are skimming off of the database to sell our information.
Yes i feel obligated to buy their labels for my assets, whcih isn't required. I just do it because I WANT to pay them back for this great service. Still the skeptic in me is still waiting for the gotcha.

Great App, Helpful Staff

Bewertet am 23.3.2017
Joe H.
Sysadmin

Kommentare: With free asset tracking software, I was a little skeptical whether it would actually be useful. Very pleasantly surprised as we began to use the software. Simple, intuitive design makes navigating the app and web interfaces both feel natural.
One issue I did have was with scanning 2D barcodes, I was getting a random number, and not what the scan should have read. A quick email to the support staff, they answered within the hour, and pointed out what I was doing wrong. There is an option in the Android and iOS app to select 1D or 2D barcodes, I had the wrong one selected. Simple mistake on my part, but helpful that they pointed it out, and fast.
Scanning the tags into the database makes the asset onboarding much faster. The philosophy behind Asset Tiger is: buy better labels, and don't let asset tracking software bog down the tag. It's won me over. I just appreciate that MyAssetTag cares about their customers' needs beyond the physical label itself - enter Asset Tiger.
Fields are totally customizable, you can set triggers, everything can be queried. Nothing over the top, but not too basic. Right in the sweet spot of:
Work it takes to setup and use VS. How does this software make my life easier? To me, AssetTiger makes the label more useful, which brings more life to the software. Recursive usefulness. 10/10 - would buy again.

Vorteile: Free
Easy to Navigate
Strong, capable data storage, in the cloud
Support team responded fast and accurately

Nachteile: First time users could use a little more direction

Better Than The Paid Solutions!

Bewertet am 13.12.2016
Chris R.
Director of Information Services
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: After purchasing and using several expensive solutions, and after being frustrated with AssetPanda, I happened across AssetTiger accidentally. It was the find of the year!! We are super happy with the product and can't believe it is free! There are a few areas where there could be some improvement. I would like to see Active Directory integration for employees. It would be nice to have a few more options like being able to easily search for employees. And I would like to see the option to have consumable assets such as toner cartridges, projector bulbs, etc... We could then keep track of repair parts and smaller item inventory. The browser-based version of AssetTiger works way better than the mobile app. The mobile app is nice because you can use the camera on any smartphone to scan barcodes, but it's slow and glitchy. I only use the mobile app if there is no way for me to use the browser-based software. I have not tried third party scanners with it. But really that is nitpicking! We've found workarounds for everything AssetTiger doesn't do. Given the fact that it's free makes me feel somewhat guilty for bringing them up! I absolutely love this solution and would absolutely recommend it!!

Vorteile: Web (cloud) based.
Free
Intuitive and simple

Nachteile: No directory integration.
The mobile app is slow and glitchy.
No ability (yet) to keep track of consumable items such as paper, office supplies, etc...

A cost friendly option with alot of features for my company to manage and track assets

Bewertet am 14.11.2017
Josh B.
Warehouse Manager
Bau, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The ability to see at a glance where our costs are going for our assets. The ability to view the life of those assets, ease of know what I have available and what is currently deployed to the field and who has those items.

Vorteile: One of the things I like most is the ability to not only track your items but also that you can track documentation for the items, maintenance, life of the items, and also that you can include a picture of items for easy reference when dealing with part numbers. Being able to scan via your cell phone is also a plus.

Nachteile: There are few things I do not like about the software but one is that I can not customize my audit requirements as I would like. I think the software was built for tracking office assets and I want to re-purpose it for use with construction tools. Tracking who has them, how long, when specific certifications are do etc. However this being built on office tracking it requires me to keep track of a location. Currently working with a rep to see if there is any type of work around for this. If so then I would have nothing negative to say about a free software for tracking thousands of dollars in my companys assets.

I love AssetTiger. We bought asset tags and got this awesome software for free!

Bewertet am 1.6.2018
IT Administrator
Tiefbau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Besides being free, what I really like about this offering is how packed with features it is. It is so customizable. I can set up any category I want and include some to show up only if I make certain choices. You can run and automate reports, set column order to your preferences, set specific roles for others and so much more. I got asset tags from myassettag.com and ended up with this wonderful software to support me after the purchase.

Nachteile: I have not found anything that I do not like about this software yet. It functions well, is never down and support is good.

Spectacular. Can't believe this is free.

Bewertet am 19.5.2017
Scott L.
Media Production Coordinator
Medienproduktion, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: In a department that produces video content on a daily basis, it's important to know where all assets are at all times, when assets break, and who checked assets out. AssetTiger helped us move away from pen and paper and into a robust method of tracking equipment.

Vorteile: Very detailed asset management
Broad customization of reports, user permissions, and asset details
Calendar displays due dates for assets checked out or leased

Nachteile: Inability (for now, at least) to perform batch check-outs; only one item can be selected at a time. With bar codes on everything, I'd like to be able to quickly scan all items and then approve/submit the lot.
Adding a new customer must be done prior to leasing an item to him/her. The opportunity to add a new customer from within the new lease dialog would be a big time saver.
No option to prompt user to check out dependent items If a user checks out a camera I would like to be able to prompt the user to also check out a battery of the proper type depending on which camera was checked out.
These are more feature requests than cons. Adding these features would put this product miles over the top!

So easy to set up and use

Bewertet am 24.4.2017
Diane D.
Project Administrator
Bau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We added over 500 construction tools into the database & tracking is now so easy. Love the built in reports! Since all our tools were already being tracked in Access, it was easy to transfer them to an Excel Spreadsheet and load them up into the site. I only wish we could delete the Location feature as we don't use it but it's locked in. No big deal. Being able to check things in and out using a smartphone is really great, no extra equipment to buy and potentially lose. I also like that I can attach user manuals to the item so its accessible to people in the field. They really thought of everything. Very happy and definitely recommend.

Vorteile: It's very user friendly and they've really thought out what user's need.

Nachteile: I'd like to be able to delete the Location tracker as we don't use it but other than that, I'm very happy.

Best asset inventory service that I have found. Easy to use and graphically pleasing.

Bewertet am 12.5.2017
Tony S.
Director of Technology
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Asset tracking and ease of use for employees to check-in and check-out devices for use.

Vorteile: - Easy to add customized fields for what you want to track
- Upload users for asset assignment is easy
- Phone app that works and is just as easy as the web application
- Detailed reports and audits
- Shows history of actions for each asset (who had what, check-in/check-out, maintenance, etc)
- Easy to import assets from another system

Nachteile: - Would like to see a better way to edit or remove bulk users. Being a school district, students leave the district all the time. It would be great to have a mass remove or mass edit feature instead of deleting on at a time.

AssetTiger

Bewertet am 5.12.2018
Assistant Corporate Controller

Kommentare: Overall, AssetTiger is a great asset tracking software platform. It allows small businesses to track their assets as well cost and location of the assets. It is a must if you don't have an asset tracking system yet.

Vorteile: We have been using AssetTiger for a little under a year now and we love it. It makes asset tracking and taging very easy. The system is user friendly and is customizable to a degree. We have been able to track assets domestically as well as internationally with ease. The best part is the software platform is free!

Nachteile: We have found no cons sp far since using this system. The system does well for us and we have had no complaints.

AssetTiger - User friendly way to keep track of your company assets

Bewertet am 24.3.2019
Anthony C.
Building Operations Manager

Kommentare: AssetTiger has helped the company become more organized with assets that are purchased. When it comes to either security, accountability, or for insurance purposes, AssetTiger keeps your asset data at the palm of your hand.

Vorteile: - Free to use if you buy the asset tags.
- Easy to import existing assets as well as employees
- Easy to upload custom images for each asset
- Ability to view asset data from the dashboard
- Individual assets can be assigned to users or sites, as well as have additional data tracking such as warranty, repair, etc.
- Ability to download the native app and scan assets with your phone.

Nachteile: - They now just started to limit the number of assets you can add for free, not so sure I like that.
- There isn't a way to add notes about a specific asset, only when assigning to someone or some site.

Finally a company who gets it!

Bewertet am 28.7.2016
Don A.
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I found this software not even looking for asset tracking software. I had long given up on that search and was looking for asset tags. I found asset tags along with them saying try our free cloud-based asset tracking software. I went in not expecting much, but was absolutely blown away by what I found. Now if old I had this 3 years ago...

Vorteile: Easy to setup, and import assets and users into. I had the initial import of users and assets done in less than 30 minutes, and most of that delay was due to me not having certain fields (description) filled in for some assets. There is a difference between users and employees (i.e. not every employee needs a user login to this system). Um, it's free!

Nachteile: I wish the scanner could be used to scan in other barcodes, like serial numbers for example. If that is possible, then I missed it.

von SmartSign an 28.7.2016

Thank you so much, Don! We're glad you found us. Keep an eye out for an app update in the near future with upgraded scanning capabilities.

Our daily asset tracker!

Bewertet am 10.9.2019
Garret H.
IT Director
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Since we purchase asset tags this software is included with. For "free"ish we can't argue with what AssetTiger has truly helped us with.

Vorteile: We have been using assettiger for about a year and overall asset tracking has been made super easy. A great feature they offer is being able to scan from a mobile device. We use ipads to easily travel around and scan asset tags.

Nachteile: Now I can't be 100% sure but it seems sometimes the web client does not update. On occasion we have noticed some users not being updated correctly.

AssetTiger is a very capable entry-level asset management tool.

Bewertet am 3.5.2018
Ed S.
Information Systems Analyst
Staatsverwaltung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I was able to spin up an inventory collection process for an urgent project that would have taken much longer to build from scratch.

Vorteile: The user interface is clean, colorful and well organized. Most of the functions and features are presented intuitively in the menu system. The Smartphone app is excellent and has surprisingly fast and accurate 1D barcode scanning feature. Web site response time is also excellent and the default reports are very useful.

Nachteile: Asset searches have single-criterion AND parameters. Logic for "OR" and "NOT" are missing. Some tables are exportable, but no relational elements are provided (e.g. primary key). There is no backup function available. I would like the software more if it had a user-controlled backup/snapshot function and a way to export all of the tables, including keys so that the database could be reconstructed.

Fantastic Software - Epic Customer Support

Bewertet am 7.5.2018
Nigel L.
Company Director

Vorteile: So easy to use, fast inputting, predictive inputting, totally adjustable to my company's requirements. Super-fast customer service (email back about a technical matter in under 5 minutes). Great search functions. I have been looking for this type of software for so many years - and I am so happy I have found it in this company, it is exactly what I ned for the amount of equipment I have (Over 1000 items). I am using the software for tracking theatre lighting equipment and have adapted it to record my PAT testing and maintenance records. When my clients need a copy of my PAT test records - I can just print them off!

Nachteile: Very little, had a small problem updating company info at the start but that was soon sorted out by technical support in minutes.

Mechanical Contracto

Bewertet am 27.8.2019
Nicholas M.
Service Manger
Bau, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall it has been very easy. We did not know about the software aspect and our introduction came from a tag order.

Vorteile: The ease of set up from the ground up. We did not have any asset tracking prior to finding this software and it has been great.

Nachteile: The UI is a little cumbersome and the feature for facilitating the status of an asset does not always cater to our needs. We have adapted to work around this.

Works well for small inventors. Improvement need to be made for larger ones.

Bewertet am 27.3.2018
Roxanne P.
admin

Vorteile: The ability to see and upload picture of items. Would be better if you could upload various prices and funding as well with the info.

Nachteile: The Prev and Next buttons are too close to profile and hard to hit. You have to touch the very bottom edge of them or the profile info will open. Also having to close with an X the product updated it awful. It should go away not linger there.

This product is Amazing!

Bewertet am 31.5.2018
Roger S.
Tech Dir

Vorteile: The user interface is good and easy to use. Has many nice reports. Like the fact that can set up read only users to give people access to look for assets but not change.

Nachteile: Would like to see a change log report of assets history, by date. Like the one they have now on maintenance history. Would be nice too if products marked disposed no longer show up in an audit.

Great webpage and app!

Bewertet am 31.3.2018
Mike C.
Sys Admin
Fluggesellschaften/Luftfahrt, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Fast insight into the items we track and manage.

Vorteile: Love the bar code scanning, on Dell monitors especially. Lots of things to track like warranty, photos and documents.

Nachteile: Doesn't seem to read all QR codes even when scan option set to Datamatrix 2D.
I wish the mobile app wouldn't apply the search criteria that was set on the webpage. Should be independent IMHO.

Easy to set up and easy to use with nice functionality

Bewertet am 2.7.2018
Marrek L.
IT Manager
Bau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Very easy to setup users with an excel template. The app works great for new items with tags. You can scan the tag and then set it up right away on your phone when it's not already in the system.

Nachteile: I would like an easier way to check out and check in items. It just seems there are too many clicks to get to the check out option.

Excellent Asset Management Software

Bewertet am 20.11.2018
Paul C.
Information Systems Specialist
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Simple design with a clean interface. Check-in/Out functionality for staff assigned equipment is perfectly executed. The reporting function is great and even includes custom reporting. All this for FREE!

Nachteile: I have nothing bad to say, the product is quite good, far better than most paid products.

I got this product to help me keep track of demo gear that we loan out to our customers.

Bewertet am 17.7.2018
Matt C.
Public Safety Division Sales Manager
Öffentliche Sicherheit, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Able to track our demo equipment that we ship around to our customers on a frequent basis. Also allows me to run a report on aging so I know when I need to turn the demo inventory. And as always when I need to repair a piece of equipment.

Vorteile: This is fantastic, I can use the lease function to keep track of the equipment we loan out for demo purposes and get reminders to call it back in. No more time spent tracking down the wayward piece of gear. Beats the heck out a paper spreadsheet. When it is time to rotate out the gear easy to run a report and have the guys sell it off.

Nachteile: Would like the flexibility to change some of the fields on the customer side, have a call into customer support.

AssetTiger, a digital library for what's important

Bewertet am 11.12.2018
Graduate Research Assistant
Hochschulbildung, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: AssetTiger has really helped us with our equipment, it is so customizable with various other software programs to monitor equipment use and state. We use it with Cheqroom which has been seamless.

Vorteile: It has revolutionized how we catalogue and keep track of all of our production equipment as a video department within a major state institution. There are a lot of moving parts, and now we have a way of managing everything.

Nachteile: Is it fair to say I can't think of anything here? That feels to be the case with this product.