Über Knack

Ermöglicht jedem, einfache Web-Apps und Online-Datenbanken zu erstellen.

Erfahre mehr über Knack

I love that Knack is completely customizable. This product can do almost anything you need it to do with little to no programming experience required.

Bewertungen zu Knack

Knack hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,4 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 83 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Knack bereits verwendet?

josh
josh
Head of Sales and Marketing
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Makes building apps look easy!

Untertitel auf Deutsch sind im Videoplayer verfügbar
Adam
Adam
Managing Director in USA
Telekommunikation, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Sky is the Limit

Kommentare: Fantastic. We had worked to solve problems for no less than 24 months prior to our introduction to knack. From the time we started with knack we had a minimum viable internal product within 90 days and a customer facing web-portal (providing sales, project, and invoice detail) in 180 days. With knack we have have saved an immeasurable amount of time and resource.

Very simple to solve for Secure, HIPPA, PCI compliant user logins. Ability to pivot large data-set with simplified permission based views - no incremental expense for additional users / views / roles.

Support. Our reliance on knack is significant in pre-sale functions and as a result, when it breaks we have always defined the solution (or created the work-around) several days before a knack tech gets around to responding to our requests.

Daniel
Director in Australien
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Knack review from experienced database creator and user

Kommentare: The learning experience has been good with prompt and helpful responses from Knack to any support queries. The built in functionality in the starter plan has more than met my needs is far superior to numerous other database management platforms I have used.

No. 1 feature I love is that they don't charge per user. They have Starter, Pro and Corporate plans and prices are reasonable. I also like the ease with which a relational database can be configured and the built in functionality to format and print a report is ideal for what I need.

I am a paid user on the Starter Plan and I do not have any dislikes about Knack at this stage, except perhaps the "powered by Knack" branding which requires upgrading to the Pro Plan to be able to remove it. Having said that, the branding text appears at the bottom of the pdf reports and can be removed by editing the pdf later.

Leanne
Web Design and Development in Kanada
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Numerous bugs and lack of customer service taint an otherwise useful tool

Kommentare: This system worked well for what we needed this year. The main need was to create a system to enter and track points from our various members for year-end awards. This was a complex system to build because of the many different categories involved, and so far Knack has handled it. Building the system was extremely frustrating at times, as fields and properties would sometimes refuse to update, or the system would just hang and not do anything. I have built other apps with much the same issues. Customer service was initially helpful but now seems to ignore my requests for looking into bugs even after multiple attempts to have them resolved. We are on the middle tier plan. For example in one of my apps, the app simply hangs if I sort a certain table by one of the fields. Their answer was to not sort it by that field when using the app. I have also had records that should have been deleted not be deleted. I have put my own stop checks into the app and have not had any corrupted data as of yet, but the issues I've had do concern me.

-Easy to learn and build numerous apps -Lots of functional field types -Easy to customize CSS and Javascript for each app if desired -Excellent price point

-Very buggy -Customer service was initially very responsive, but eventually stopped responding to my requests for simple bugs in my app to be fixed, even after numerous attempts to resolve.

Buchhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Knack is very helpful

Kommentare: We use knack to store multiple sets of data. It is extremely helpful in tracking donations (and donors), restricted grants (and foundations/organizations who provide grants), and complex volunteer jobs for a non-profit. We are able to track and analyze all of this information through Knack. I especially like that we can attach documents to records in Knack so all of the information we need is right in one place. Also, being able to set up scheduled reminders is a lifesaver to ensure that we won't miss deadlines for important tasks.

I like that in Knack I can access all-inclusive data, and see it reported in a variety of ways. I can opt for simple summary reports, more complex detailed reports, or even colorful and pretty graphs. I can use a wide variety of parameters to create the report, and I can sort the included data in a variety of ways. I can also export data in different formats. Knack is extremely flexible for me. Full disclosure - I am a frequent Knack user, but I do not record data into Knack, nor do I set up the databases at all. That magic is all done by someone else, so I cannot comment on the administrator aspects of Knack.

Sometimes Knack will log me out while I am in the process of using it. I try to accept the blame when this happens because I always have too many tabs open in my browser, and I often work in 2 different sections of Knack simultaneously. However, it is definitely frustrating. Also, I have a pet peeve about the number of items I can view in one page of a report. For a report with lots of items, I have to navigate forward or back between many pages. I would much prefer to scroll further down the same page to see data in a long report. I don't know of any way to alter the number of items per page.

Patrick

Game changer

Kommentare: Game changer. Cant imaging our business without it. The speed in which we can develop apps to run companies is unmatched. We have tried to find a replacement, there isn’t one. Also a big bonuses is how quickly this scales. We run family owned plumbing operations up to globally companies operating in several countries all from the same platform with no need of expanding local server resources.

The fact that the software acts like a native app but is in reality a micro website. Edit and upgrades are pushed out with a refresh with having to go through the process of submitting to an App Store. Also dont need to develop for different platforms/screen sizes. One size fits all

There are several features that have been requested over the years from many users that seem to be left behind. The biggest one in 2020 is that the mobile side needs a big upgrade in order to compete with native apps. A big one for us is uploading of photos on the mobile side. Its very cumbersome and slow. We have lost a few jobs because of this. Need some sort of mobile app that connects to these databases.

ANDREW
Plant Manager in USA
Lebensmittelproduktion, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Knack helps us make chocolate more efficiently

Kommentare: Knack allowed us to set up our own "app" by creating a simple database with a front end for users. With limited resources for programming, I learned how to run the builder myself and set the program up for my team. Our Operators enter production data through the interfaces and we've been able to make the system work well enough that I do not need to enter into the builder to fix data errors. Our production managers use their custom interface to ensure records were entered correctly on a daily basis. This eliminated a huge amount of physical paperwork. It also allowed me to have summarized plant performance by a set time on the following production day.

The pricing model makes it an easy sell to get started. You don't have to pay per user, so if you aren't sure whether you'll be able to achieve your goals, it provides a low cost opportunity to make an attempt.

My biggest concern is that our app has become complex enough that it will be difficult for it to be handed off to a new user in the future. Once the software is launched for the team, any changes you make are in effect instantly - there's no opportunity to preview them and roll them out later. Additionally there are a couple of glitches in the builder interface which are frustrating at times. Knack is in Beta with a new interface and I anticipate that these will be resolved.

James
CEO in USA
Programmentwicklung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

knack... Just wow!

Kommentare: knack has been a huge help for our company. We were looking for a online database solution that we could customize for our unique business. And knack for the build 100 times over.

Great online builder with a very easy learning for it. They offer get webinars that demos a lot of the You can get up and running in minutes not months once you have a plan. You can even customize with css and javascript.

Only con i would say and was not a deal breaker was the use of css take a bit to get use to for major customization

Phil
Information Systems in USA
Verbraucherdienste, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Incredible Easy to Learn and Flexible Software

We had a lot of processes we could not manage anymore by just sharing Google Sheets. Within weeks we were able to create custom database driven applications that completely replaced dozens of spreadsheets, macros, and more. We have dozens of managers and corporate employees on it everyday. We love it.

My biggest qualm with Knack is the customer support -- but that's not a very big qualm at all. For what we pay we get enormous value, and it makes sense that support is limited for our plan to just chat and email, with longer response times. When we are finally attended to, the customer service is very helpful. Because of the low price point, I initially had concerns that it would be reliable for a company our size, where little mistakes can cause interdepartmental issues. However, Knack has always been online, and the issues we have had were mostly attributable to user errors.

Alex
Alex
President in USA
Design, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Flexible, Powerful, Great API, Community Support Lacking

Kommentare: 8 / 10 is right where I'm at. They filled a huge need for us, and for that, I'm extremely grateful. One more point can easily be gained by paying attention to the community, which are the fans of their business. The other point can be gained by adding better standard features and design features. It should be noted that I have passed Knack's name to MANY others in my industry, and I really do highly recommend them.

When I found this software, I nearly jumped for joy. I had been researching no-code database apps for a long time, and this really seemed to fit what we needed it to do. Hats off to Knack for an original-concept. What's great: - App building on the backend AND front end. You create your data modules, decide your schema, then decide how it shows up to the users. Set your logins, set the access levels, etc. It's amazing. - It's extremely easy. Once you get the hang of it, you can make nice looking apps in little time. - The API is very easy to use and powerful. We us it to build special CMS apps that allow our customers to update content on large interactive touch screens. The data is always reliable. - The app is responsive, so users can can access public or their private data from mobile devices. It opens up many possibilities for businesses to use this as a CRM, CMS, Accounting, or even a field-service database. - The in-app support through the chat is great. Staff members are responsive and helpful.

Take this with a grain of salt. When your whole business runs online like ours, you get used to the idea that no software is ever perfect. There is always something that will grind your gears. Here's some things about Knack that need improvement: - Community support - my major gripe about Knack is the responsiveness to the community. There are many active users who contribute a lot of great content, ideas, and issues that need solving. Response from Knack in the community is practically non-existent. Even just to say "Good idea, we'll add that to our list"...just let people know they've been heard! Also, in my opinion, there's some very standard features that I can't believe aren't built yet. Sometimes it seems they work on features for a very small niche audience, rather than things that all users can benefit from. (Like drag and drop sorting of records) - Minimal design freedom on the front end - You can make an app that is extremely functional, but there's not a lot of ways to customize the look and feel of that data for the users. So you may solve some great business issues with Knack, but chances are it won't look super pretty.

Mo
Mo
COO in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

One of the best options for rapid database centric software development

Kommentare: I have really enjoyed using Knack and continue to push the organization to build functionality in it.

It is so easy to set up a relational database as well as a website to access that data. Very easy to learn. You can quickly create software to solve your organization's needs.

New features are not added often. Workflow actions are triggered by the page accessing the data and not by the database itself. There are limits to the design customization so the software sometimes seems old.

Robert
Data Management Consultant in Kanada

Best Database Platform Out There

Kommentare: After listening to vendors with my company for weeks, I had enough. Every system that was pitched for our needs was either ugly, or inflexible, and not all that infrequently, both. I began my search for online database platform technology and quickly found Knack among a few other competitors. What set Knack apart was the appearance of the software. I am of the believe that a product is worthless if no one ever wants to look at it, and Knack stunned me. It was a clean, crisp, interactive set of user interfaces that quickly led to live database views. I set up the trial, and was sold.

Intuitive design! It just makes sense from the get-go, even if you have little understanding of relational databases, with a bit of light reading of Knack's thorough documentation, it's not difficult to get going.

Definitely the way the front end views of your database operate in a mobile device. Some of the feature's are basically unusable, and if your user's are going to use a mobile device, you really have to keep that in mind when developing the database's UIs or you can end up with a bit of a mess.

Laurent
Psychosocial counsellor in Kanada
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Simple, affordable, and efficient software for data entry and client file management

Kommentare: It did better than I hope for cheaper than I thought. I am tech-savy but not a programmer by any means and yet I was able to quickly set up a full environment and interface.

Simple but solid interface. Customizable and overall good looking interface for the user, very decent pricing, great tutorials and models.

More customizing options would be great, especially for formatting texts.When using calendars, each appointment counts as 1 record, so it adds up pretty fast.

IT Director in USA
Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Easiest platform for developing a customized work system the code-less way

Kommentare: Knack connects up to so many other 3rd party apps through Zapier that the options are potentially limitless. We've been able to cancel our SalesForce subscription and came up with your own custom CRM using Knack. It's affordable, the support is great and it's feature rich.

Easy to get up and running on. Quickly map out data elements and connect to layout without having to code Javascript. If you do know Javascript, you can customize the workflow and experience even more.

There are no additional web themes without paying a developer to customize.

Josh
Digital Manager in UK
Baumaterial, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Makes building apps look easy!

Kommentare: Amazing - the software itself is really easy to use but also the customer support is great. They're happy to jump onto your app and figure out your objective and then help you resolve your issue. They genuinely feel like they're trying to problem solve with you which is fantastic.

Made my first powerful internal business tool in a few hours. Have since used this tool to look like a genius when I am, in fact, not a genius.

There are a few features that have been requested with the devs that don't exist yet. The big one for me is aligning fields! Please make this a thing, Knack!

Jørgen
CEO in Norwegen
Konsumgüter, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Reasonably priced and easy to use database software

Kommentare: Using Knack for making a customized ERP for my business. Used for database, forms, checklists, timesheets, CRM, service dispatch and more.

Very simple and quick to create tables and connections. Good selection of functions. Reasonably priced. Good API and intergration with Zapier.

A few small bugs and some missing features. Could have been better interface for tablets and mobile devices.

, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Wonderful!

Ability to customize databases; real-time updates; many template options to choose from; customer service is excellent. I've used this several times for an annual holiday website. Our users were so impressed and became repeat donors.

customer service agent and his staff were very helpful as I extensively redesigned a template to serve our varied needs. I have been very satisfied and think the only confusion I ran into is customized differences between mobile and website versions.

CEO in Spanien
Unternehmensberatung, Selbstständig

Super User-friendly and Support Team

The actual interface. Very user-friendly and elegant appearance. Few clicks to access all functionalities. A lot of functionalities and flexibilty to create the workflow.

The search feature needs to include to filter by roles. Need a sweep functionality, with finger or mouse. Improve some grafics functionalities. Improve the e-commerce function.

Nicholas
Operations Manager in USA
Medizinische Geräte, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

relatively inexpensive, powerful database app

Kommentare: Their customer service is exceptional and the user forums are also very helpful in answering questions and solving problems.

What I like most about the software is the built in relational flexibility Knack offers. When creating objects you are able to build in the relationships to other objects intuitively, and then when building the app itself, it remembers these relations to create the relationship that is most useful.

Missing are the complete lack of drag and dropping of "views", also not easily customizable to change fonts, headings, colors, etc. This must be done through CSS and/or Java Script programming.

Jacob
Rechtsberatung
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten
Quelle: GetApp

best online database app out there

Kommentare: When I discovered our previous online database system was closing its doors I started searching for a replacement. I signed up for every free demo for every online database program I could find. After a year and half of searching and demo-ing other programs I found Knack. It is an awesome product. I have very happy with the intuitive build interface. One of the biggest reasons I went with Knack was the the pricing structure. Don't waste your time with any other online database out there like I did.

- pricing model - ease of use - mobile device friendly (no mobile apps needed) - powerful - responsive support team

- a few, very minor bugs here and there, but let them know what you find and they will fix it - relatively newer company so future is a little unsure (compared to other more established competitors)

Eric
COO in UK
Buchhaltung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Excellent tool for non-technical process managers

Kommentare: Exceptionally pleased with the SaaS product

Very quick to develop applications by non-technical people

Supports one-by-one processing of cases. Not very good at bulk processing a subset of cases on demand.

Knack 2016

Kommentare: Knack has been a useful product. I find it to be helpful to small and medium-sized clients who want a database without the high price tag.

Knack has a good user interface and is a lower price point for databases of this type. They have very good service and the online chat help is excellent.

I have found that we need developers to do work that I would not call high level but this assistance does ramp up the relatively low cost of the product. This happens with almost every database, but I was hoping Knack would be different.

cyrille
director in UK
Bau, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Trying to implement a product quoting system

Kommentare: I love most of everything

Database management very simple for dependencies

Stuck with implementing some javascript functions not enough info on that

Brandon
Operations Manager & Practitioner in Südafrika
Medizinische Praxis, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Extremely Satisfied

Kommentare: Very satisfied new user

Ease of use for people without IT/database creation backgrounds. Prompt global support.

Additional currencies for ecommerce functionality/fields

Analise
Customer Service Agent in Jamaika
Verbraucherdienste, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Knack Review

Multiple functionalities-Coaching, Return Status information.

The design is of low quality and looks very old.

harmandeep singh
Graduate Assistant in USA
, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Knack it up!

Super easy to get going (it is the most intuitive interface). Price by number of apps instead of by user works well with our company. Powerful features including, for instance, users logging in by their Google+ or Facebook profile (single sign on). I have not run into any bugs.

You can't adjust the presentation layer (the website) as much as, say, Caspio. You can change some things like colors and basic layout, but most of the CSS is fixed. Their formulas are very weak. They only allow basic functions, especially for manipulating text. For formulas, I found Airtable to be much better.