Über Knack

Ermöglicht jedem, einfache Web-Apps und Online-Datenbanken zu erstellen.

Erfahre mehr über Knack

Ease of use for people without IT/database creation backgrounds.

Bewertungen zu Knack

Knack hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,4 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 81 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Knack bereits verwendet?

josh
josh
Head of Sales and Marketing
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Makes building apps look easy!

Untertitel auf Deutsch sind im Videoplayer verfügbar
Adam
Adam
Managing Director in USA
Telekommunikation, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Sky is the Limit

Kommentare: Fantastic. We had worked to solve problems for no less than 24 months prior to our introduction to knack. From the time we started with knack we had a minimum viable internal product within 90 days and a customer facing web-portal (providing sales, project, and invoice detail) in 180 days. With knack we have have saved an immeasurable amount of time and resource.

Very simple to solve for Secure, HIPPA, PCI compliant user logins. Ability to pivot large data-set with simplified permission based views - no incremental expense for additional users / views / roles.

Support. Our reliance on knack is significant in pre-sale functions and as a result, when it breaks we have always defined the solution (or created the work-around) several days before a knack tech gets around to responding to our requests.

Buchhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Knack is very helpful

Kommentare: We use knack to store multiple sets of data. It is extremely helpful in tracking donations (and donors), restricted grants (and foundations/organizations who provide grants), and complex volunteer jobs for a non-profit. We are able to track and analyze all of this information through Knack. I especially like that we can attach documents to records in Knack so all of the information we need is right in one place. Also, being able to set up scheduled reminders is a lifesaver to ensure that we won't miss deadlines for important tasks.

I like that in Knack I can access all-inclusive data, and see it reported in a variety of ways. I can opt for simple summary reports, more complex detailed reports, or even colorful and pretty graphs. I can use a wide variety of parameters to create the report, and I can sort the included data in a variety of ways. I can also export data in different formats. Knack is extremely flexible for me. Full disclosure - I am a frequent Knack user, but I do not record data into Knack, nor do I set up the databases at all. That magic is all done by someone else, so I cannot comment on the administrator aspects of Knack.

Sometimes Knack will log me out while I am in the process of using it. I try to accept the blame when this happens because I always have too many tabs open in my browser, and I often work in 2 different sections of Knack simultaneously. However, it is definitely frustrating. Also, I have a pet peeve about the number of items I can view in one page of a report. For a report with lots of items, I have to navigate forward or back between many pages. I would much prefer to scroll further down the same page to see data in a long report. I don't know of any way to alter the number of items per page.

Shanil
Director in Trinidad und Tobago
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Best in Class

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Honestly, Knack has been an amazing application for us. It helps us design applications that replace many applications or help enhance applications that have blind spots. If you are process-oriented, like critical reports, looking to grab data at critical touchpoints that are not being measured then Knack will change your game. I am an entrepreneur with two multi-million dollar companies and we have found Knack to be as indispensable as our big ERP systems.

More videos in the Library. I am a super visual person and like others with me. While the videos in the library have gone up exponentially, I think the Knack team should lead with videos in explanation and text.

Leanne
Web Design and Development in Kanada
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Numerous bugs and lack of customer service taint an otherwise useful tool

Kommentare: This system worked well for what we needed this year. The main need was to create a system to enter and track points from our various members for year-end awards. This was a complex system to build because of the many different categories involved, and so far Knack has handled it. Building the system was extremely frustrating at times, as fields and properties would sometimes refuse to update, or the system would just hang and not do anything. I have built other apps with much the same issues. Customer service was initially helpful but now seems to ignore my requests for looking into bugs even after multiple attempts to have them resolved. We are on the middle tier plan. For example in one of my apps, the app simply hangs if I sort a certain table by one of the fields. Their answer was to not sort it by that field when using the app. I have also had records that should have been deleted not be deleted. I have put my own stop checks into the app and have not had any corrupted data as of yet, but the issues I've had do concern me.

-Easy to learn and build numerous apps -Lots of functional field types -Easy to customize CSS and Javascript for each app if desired -Excellent price point

-Very buggy -Customer service was initially very responsive, but eventually stopped responding to my requests for simple bugs in my app to be fixed, even after numerous attempts to resolve.

Patrick

Game changer

Kommentare: Game changer. Cant imaging our business without it. The speed in which we can develop apps to run companies is unmatched. We have tried to find a replacement, there isn’t one. Also a big bonuses is how quickly this scales. We run family owned plumbing operations up to globally companies operating in several countries all from the same platform with no need of expanding local server resources.

The fact that the software acts like a native app but is in reality a micro website. Edit and upgrades are pushed out with a refresh with having to go through the process of submitting to an App Store. Also dont need to develop for different platforms/screen sizes. One size fits all

There are several features that have been requested over the years from many users that seem to be left behind. The biggest one in 2020 is that the mobile side needs a big upgrade in order to compete with native apps. A big one for us is uploading of photos on the mobile side. Its very cumbersome and slow. We have lost a few jobs because of this. Need some sort of mobile app that connects to these databases.

ANDREW
Plant Manager in USA
Lebensmittelproduktion, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Knack helps us make chocolate more efficiently

Kommentare: Knack allowed us to set up our own "app" by creating a simple database with a front end for users. With limited resources for programming, I learned how to run the builder myself and set the program up for my team. Our Operators enter production data through the interfaces and we've been able to make the system work well enough that I do not need to enter into the builder to fix data errors. Our production managers use their custom interface to ensure records were entered correctly on a daily basis. This eliminated a huge amount of physical paperwork. It also allowed me to have summarized plant performance by a set time on the following production day.

The pricing model makes it an easy sell to get started. You don't have to pay per user, so if you aren't sure whether you'll be able to achieve your goals, it provides a low cost opportunity to make an attempt.

My biggest concern is that our app has become complex enough that it will be difficult for it to be handed off to a new user in the future. Once the software is launched for the team, any changes you make are in effect instantly - there's no opportunity to preview them and roll them out later. Additionally there are a couple of glitches in the builder interface which are frustrating at times. Knack is in Beta with a new interface and I anticipate that these will be resolved.

James
CEO in USA
Programmentwicklung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

knack... Just wow!

Kommentare: knack has been a huge help for our company. We were looking for a online database solution that we could customize for our unique business. And knack for the build 100 times over.

Great online builder with a very easy learning for it. They offer get webinars that demos a lot of the You can get up and running in minutes not months once you have a plan. You can even customize with css and javascript.

Only con i would say and was not a deal breaker was the use of css take a bit to get use to for major customization

Alex
Alex
President in USA
Design, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Flexible, Powerful, Great API, Community Support Lacking

Kommentare: 8 / 10 is right where I'm at. They filled a huge need for us, and for that, I'm extremely grateful. One more point can easily be gained by paying attention to the community, which are the fans of their business. The other point can be gained by adding better standard features and design features. It should be noted that I have passed Knack's name to MANY others in my industry, and I really do highly recommend them.

When I found this software, I nearly jumped for joy. I had been researching no-code database apps for a long time, and this really seemed to fit what we needed it to do. Hats off to Knack for an original-concept. What's great: - App building on the backend AND front end. You create your data modules, decide your schema, then decide how it shows up to the users. Set your logins, set the access levels, etc. It's amazing. - It's extremely easy. Once you get the hang of it, you can make nice looking apps in little time. - The API is very easy to use and powerful. We us it to build special CMS apps that allow our customers to update content on large interactive touch screens. The data is always reliable. - The app is responsive, so users can can access public or their private data from mobile devices. It opens up many possibilities for businesses to use this as a CRM, CMS, Accounting, or even a field-service database. - The in-app support through the chat is great. Staff members are responsive and helpful.

Take this with a grain of salt. When your whole business runs online like ours, you get used to the idea that no software is ever perfect. There is always something that will grind your gears. Here's some things about Knack that need improvement: - Community support - my major gripe about Knack is the responsiveness to the community. There are many active users who contribute a lot of great content, ideas, and issues that need solving. Response from Knack in the community is practically non-existent. Even just to say "Good idea, we'll add that to our list"...just let people know they've been heard! Also, in my opinion, there's some very standard features that I can't believe aren't built yet. Sometimes it seems they work on features for a very small niche audience, rather than things that all users can benefit from. (Like drag and drop sorting of records) - Minimal design freedom on the front end - You can make an app that is extremely functional, but there's not a lot of ways to customize the look and feel of that data for the users. So you may solve some great business issues with Knack, but chances are it won't look super pretty.

Mo
Mo
COO in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

One of the best options for rapid database centric software development

Kommentare: I have really enjoyed using Knack and continue to push the organization to build functionality in it.

It is so easy to set up a relational database as well as a website to access that data. Very easy to learn. You can quickly create software to solve your organization's needs.

New features are not added often. Workflow actions are triggered by the page accessing the data and not by the database itself. There are limits to the design customization so the software sometimes seems old.

Internet, Selbstständig

Great Database Development Tool for Non-Coders

Knack is highly flexible and easy to use once you know the platform. Powerful platform that's hard to match.

The dashboard can be a bit buggy, I regularly find and report bugs to the company...but they are quick to fix them in most cases. Even with the occasional bug, there's still nothing that rivals this platform.

Don
Partner in USA
Rechtsberatung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Knack is an Amazing Tool

Kommentare: I found Knack when I was searching for a tool that would help me to build a simple cloud based lead tracking application for my small law firm (two lawyers) to use. I have a dabbler's technical background in the sense that I have fooled around with Microsoft Access and Visual Basic for Applications - not a particularly high level mind you - barely beyond Hello World stuff. Well, maybe a little beyond that. I was looking for a tool that would allow me to develop something in the cloud and boy did I find it with Knack. I didn't know that Knack existed, but it was exactly what I wanted to exist and I was blown away when I actually discovered that it in fact existed. I was familiar enough with relational databases through my limited experience with Access that I was able to pretty much immediately start using Knack. I had a rough version of the application I wanted to develop put together in a couple days really. (Not a huge feat, really since what I wanted was really pretty simple). But we used it every day and came to really rely on it. It has become absolutely a part of the business. The ability to have this cloud based application, available on our phones or wherever we have computer access has been incredible and the platform itself works like magic. I spent hours wrestling with Access in setting up subforms and reports and such and developing queries and all of that. Knack takes care of that sort of heavy lifting behind the scenes. From my experience with Access, I know that it really is heavy lifting too, which is why I appreciate it so much. I used to design my websites in Dreamweaver, but as the technical expertise required to build sites well started to increase well beyond my ability to use Dreamweaver, I discovered Squarespace. Squarespace for me was the answer to my prayers, because it gave me the freedom to create sites that were technically pretty sophisticated and modern but in a way that shielded me from the need to have the technical expertise to execute it well. Knack is like Squarespace in this way. In fact, since many people who design sites might have use for cloud based applications that Knack can provide, I would think that Knack and Squarespace ought to be able to find ways to work with each other. They both occupy the same sort of space - providing people without the increasingly sophisticated skills required to build nice things (websites or custom database applications) the ability to build those nice things.

I love the way it shields me from what I know to be complex and tricky issues involved in putting together an application built around a relational database. I know the agony of wrestling with figuring out how to do things with relational databases and it just makes me so happy to be able to create a wonderfully stable application that works in the cloud - without the torture of having to figure out why my SQL query isn't working as I thought it would, etc. It just works, and I am shielded from the coding. I don't have to know what a SQL query is. To me this is just plain magic.

Hard to come up with something I am not really happy about with it. I guess everything could be improved with more features and options and such, but I see that as mostly window dressing. The guts of this thing are amazing. I'm sure the future will see more features and more ways to style the applications and such, but the magic is built in now.

Andrew
Digital Marketing Engineer in Israel
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Hands Down the Best Database Solution for Small Companies/Organizations

Kommentare: Knack is the coolest, easy-to-use, most robust database software that we've found. Our non-profit plants thousands of trees each year and we needed an application to keep track of all the plots of trees that we plant, which species are planted, how old they are, when they're due for a check-up, if there are any issues with bugs or disease, etc. We started testing out Knack and within a day we had our entire application built just like we needed. We highly recommend Knack for any small companies or organizations that want a custom app and data manager, but don't have the budget to hire a developer make a custom software for you.

We loved how easy it was to onboard with Knack. The free trial gave us the chance to make sure we could design the database and front-end website that we wanted. After that, it was easy to select the payment plan we needed with a price that was surprisingly low.Other pros include the ability to have multiple website pages and tabs, create multiple database tables that interact and link with each other, and embed charts on the front-end site.

The only con that we've found is that the formula fields are somewhat limited as far as what they can do. It would be great to have a few more options like IF or CONCATENATE formulas to populate and format certain columns dynamically based on the value of other columns. Also, the appearance/design options for the front-end site are pretty limited in their builder. However, I think you can do custom CSS and Javascript; we just haven't had the time or developer abilities to do it yet.

Mark
President in Kanada

Knack is fantastic

Kommentare: I've created a number of different applications with Knack and its been able to satisfy all of our use cases and be extensible where needed. Its been great to use and you can build web applications at a fraction of the cost it would normally be. There are great custom developers that can build entirely or help out with integrations as needed.

Powerful and yet easy to use. Extensible

Some of the features take some time to learn, have to invest some time up front getting to know what it can do.

Jacob
Operations Manager in USA
Rechtsberatung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Geek candy for a middle-of-the-pack geek!

Kommentare: What's geek candy? It's that little moment of excitement you got when you opened up that sweet lego set, or figured out your phone can do "talk to text." I'm a middle-of-the-pack kind of geek... better than some geeks and worse than equally as many. What's cool about Knack is that it can offer something for everyone. I have used it to give us much more insight into our business. We can track progress and make better decisions.

Knack is easy to use, they listen to their customers and the pricing structure is awesome.

The app layout through the UI is limited.

Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use, fast to build with, would highly recommend

Kommentare: We used this platform to build out a software product we wanted to offer to our customers. We used one of their partners and the whole process was amazingly fast and simple and cost about 10% of what it would have done if we had tried to code a solution.

EU hosting Pricing not set on a per client level. Easy to build with and deploy.

Some of their competitors have a wider feature set.

, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Wonderful!

Ability to customize databases; real-time updates; many template options to choose from; customer service is excellent. I've used this several times for an annual holiday website. Our users were so impressed and became repeat donors.

customer service agent and his staff were very helpful as I extensively redesigned a template to serve our varied needs. I have been very satisfied and think the only confusion I ran into is customized differences between mobile and website versions.

CEO in Spanien
Unternehmensberatung, Selbstständig

Super User-friendly and Support Team

The actual interface. Very user-friendly and elegant appearance. Few clicks to access all functionalities. A lot of functionalities and flexibilty to create the workflow.

The search feature needs to include to filter by roles. Need a sweep functionality, with finger or mouse. Improve some grafics functionalities. Improve the e-commerce function.

Nicholas
Operations Manager in USA
Medizinische Geräte, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

relatively inexpensive, powerful database app

Kommentare: Their customer service is exceptional and the user forums are also very helpful in answering questions and solving problems.

What I like most about the software is the built in relational flexibility Knack offers. When creating objects you are able to build in the relationships to other objects intuitively, and then when building the app itself, it remembers these relations to create the relationship that is most useful.

Missing are the complete lack of drag and dropping of "views", also not easily customizable to change fonts, headings, colors, etc. This must be done through CSS and/or Java Script programming.

Jacob
Rechtsberatung
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten
Quelle: GetApp

best online database app out there

Kommentare: When I discovered our previous online database system was closing its doors I started searching for a replacement. I signed up for every free demo for every online database program I could find. After a year and half of searching and demo-ing other programs I found Knack. It is an awesome product. I have very happy with the intuitive build interface. One of the biggest reasons I went with Knack was the the pricing structure. Don't waste your time with any other online database out there like I did.

- pricing model - ease of use - mobile device friendly (no mobile apps needed) - powerful - responsive support team

- a few, very minor bugs here and there, but let them know what you find and they will fix it - relatively newer company so future is a little unsure (compared to other more established competitors)

Eric
COO in UK
Buchhaltung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Excellent tool for non-technical process managers

Kommentare: Exceptionally pleased with the SaaS product

Very quick to develop applications by non-technical people

Supports one-by-one processing of cases. Not very good at bulk processing a subset of cases on demand.

Knack 2016

Kommentare: Knack has been a useful product. I find it to be helpful to small and medium-sized clients who want a database without the high price tag.

Knack has a good user interface and is a lower price point for databases of this type. They have very good service and the online chat help is excellent.

I have found that we need developers to do work that I would not call high level but this assistance does ramp up the relatively low cost of the product. This happens with almost every database, but I was hoping Knack would be different.

cyrille
director in UK
Bau, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Trying to implement a product quoting system

Kommentare: I love most of everything

Database management very simple for dependencies

Stuck with implementing some javascript functions not enough info on that

Brandon
Operations Manager & Practitioner in Südafrika
Medizinische Praxis, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Extremely Satisfied

Kommentare: Very satisfied new user

Ease of use for people without IT/database creation backgrounds. Prompt global support.

Additional currencies for ecommerce functionality/fields

Rosenfeld,
harmandeep singh
Graduate Assistant in USA
, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Knack it up!

Super easy to get going (it is the most intuitive interface). Price by number of apps instead of by user works well with our company. Powerful features including, for instance, users logging in by their Google+ or Facebook profile (single sign on). I have not run into any bugs.

You can't adjust the presentation layer (the website) as much as, say, Caspio. You can change some things like colors and basic layout, but most of the CSS is fixed. Their formulas are very weak. They only allow basic functions, especially for manipulating text. For formulas, I found Airtable to be much better.