Über Canopy

Erfasse mühelos Kundeninformationen und -dokumente, verfasse Steuererklärungen und bearbeite die entsprechenden Steuerformulare automatisch.

Erfahre mehr über Canopy

Makes my job easier and more efficient. Plus I am saving money a month in fees.

Bewertungen zu Canopy

Canopy hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,5 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 223 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Canopy bereits verwendet?

Steven R
Steven R
Director of Business Engagement in USA

"The future is now!"

Kommentare: Saves us time with client and task tracking. No more chasing spreadsheets and lists.

Extremely responsive customer service with lots of great customization to help keep your workflow on task. One stop shop to keep track of your workflow while maintaining client data and files. Endless opportunities due to constant upgrades and add-ons. We are currently migrating our entire firm onto the platform and utilizing the client portal feature to exchange information and save on printing, customer requests and storage options. Most impressive is their constant interaction asking how they can improve and getting feedback on new features.

I really don't have any dislikes, and if something is a little clunky with a layout or usability they are usually upgrading or fixing it. I'm excited to see tax software so I guess I dislike not having it? The tax software would plug another hole and add well to the transcript and tax form resolution features.

Juventino
Juventino
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

Good software with strong features and lots of promise at a pricey point.

Kommentare: My overall experience with Canopy has been a good one thus far. Even though I bitch about the cost l, I continue to stay because of the ease of use, simplicity for my clients, and automation I’ve created within my tech stack.

The best feature is the client portal and mobile app. It has been a business transformation blessing from way before COVID was ever a thing. I remember way back in 2017 when the mobile app was nearly launching how it revolutionized the way my clients do business with me. This is what has kept me on Canopy in spite of the price hikes.

Canopy recently has changed their pricing model and I don’t like it because it increases the barriers to tax professional adoption. There are other titles out there who bring good feature sets and a much lower price point and has given me reason to start shopping elsewhere. What keeps me at Canopy is not wanting to invest the time in moving my clients files over to a new system, notifying my clients that I virtually moved virtual offices, and avoiding the headaches of all the client questions that would ensue.

Jamieal
owner in Belize
Bekleidung & Mode, Selbstständig

Canopy review

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: It is fast reliable and has a lot of different perks that can be used for your projects and what your doing

Canopy's progress tracking features are generally well-liked by users since they enable teams to efficiently monitor and manage project progress. These features include real-time visibility, task-level tracking, milestone tracking, performance metrics, visualization tools, and tasks management integration.

Some consumers may be concerned about cost, especially smaller companies or teams with tighter resources. Users have expressed interest in assessing the cost structure and making sure that the features and functionalities match the value offered.

Brenden
CTO in Belgien
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Good for document handling and signatures but...

3,0 letzte Woche Neu

The product is able to enforce collaboration between different offices

Every user needs a separate licence. The customer support hasn't given a good impression.

Erica
Payroll Manager in USA
Buchhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Best Software We've Found!

Kommentare: I've had nothing but good experiences with Canopy. The transition and set up was pretty easy, the support has always been helpful, it's easy to use and even our clients have mentioned liking the client portal much more compared to previous software we've used.

It's easy to use and I love that it's continually updated and improved upon. Suggestions are actually considered and implemented which shows that they really care about providing the best product.

I really don't have much to complain about but one thing that would be helpful is being able to automate due dates to avoid weekends or holidays if they're on a semi-monthly schedule.

Dustin
Dustin
District Manager in USA
Konsumgüter, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Customer Service is Terribly - This Company is too new to meet deadlines

Kommentare: Purchased a license in order to use their Tax Prep software (NOT the tax management software - ability to track clients and manage the funnel of taxes). Was told everything would be ready in time, and I ensured they knew I was only buying now because the Tax Prep software was going to finally be ready. (They told me 4 different dates for when this would be ready as I've been working with their sales for 2 years, waiting for them to get things together). Jumped in and decided to make them our company for our tax prep business, and everything went wrong. Salesperson we worked with had quit, implementation team was slow, and then I got off the phone with a support person who casually mentioned that the tax software was tossed out for this year. We had no clue, completely SOL as we have 4 weeks until tax season started and had to rush to find another company. All done without an apology, just "oh that's funny, I thought everyone knew that we couldn't get the software ready", even though we were assured that it would be - for a quick sale I imagine. Lots of back and forth with different support team members. We had been paying for two months and getting everything switched to their platform - which took an enormous amount of time and effort from our people, just to be told they won't have it ready for us and we will not receive a refund. I told the support manager before about this review being posted and was told I "might get a call back" for help.

The software is cloud based and therefore easy to access.

The company consistantly made promises that they were unable to uphold. Pushbacks on product releases that we desperately needed, and no refund for their mistakes. Not the company you want to go with when you need something dependable. They're a tax company which makes it even more absurd that they mess around with deadlines.

Brian
CPA in USA

Canopy is Great for Small- and Mid-size Tax and Bookkeeping Firms

The two features that my firm likes the most in Canopy is the Client Portal and Tax Resolution (IRS transcript delivery service). When purchasing the software, we knew we needed a Client Portal through which clients could exchange documents with us via their smartphone, and we've really liked that feature (being able to brand it as "ours" is a nice touch). What we didn't know - until we used it - was just how much time we save with pulling IRS transcripts through Canopy's Tax Resolution tool versus pulling transcripts through IRS e-services. Once your Form 2848 is on file with the IRS, you can pull every transcript for which you're authorized for a given client with the touch of a button. They download directly from the IRS in PDF format, and with one more button you can save every transcript to the client's file. The time savings is incredible, versus downloading individual transcripts one year and one form at a time.

I personally feel that the e-signature process is a bit clunky, but that's probably just because I don't have much experience with IRS-approved e-signatures (which require knowledge-based authentication). But at least I know that Canopy is compliant with IRS regulations concerning e-signatures!

Austin
Principal in USA
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

Great product, with a price tag to match

Kommentare: Document collection and management was great. They also have a great product roadmap and I got the impression the product is only going to get better as time goes on. It took a while, but we finally got a "collapse/expand all" feature for the documents. Very impressed with the customer service. Also, the UI is very clean and overall pleasant to use. The only feature I didn't pay for was the workflows, because I was already disappointed with the way that "tasks" were tracked, and didn't feel optimistic more money would make me more satisfied.

From a customer experience perspective, this is one of the best in class products. You can customize the portal login page, and I had great success training clients well into their 70s to use the client portals. Each file can be hidden or shared with the client, and for simple documents, Canopy offers a decent in-app pdf editor that doesn't share your annotations with the client. Haven't found anything aside from Engagement I liked better for document management, and Canopy is much cheaper on that front, and includes a client portal.

Honestly, the only dislike is price. That, and I found some of the automations (like engagement letters for example) were clunkier to use than those of competitors (say, TaxDome).

Brielle
Chief Operations Officer in USA
Buchhaltung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Canopy is the Admin on our team!

Kommentare: we have been with Canopy for several years and starting out they did not have the features they do now. They are very responsive with feature requests and we really like the improvements they have made. Canopy is constantly improving the user environment and making a better product.

Canopy allowed us to grow our client base without having to add additional personnel. using canopy tasks to track where the team members are, and to take notes, and hold communications (emails) we can assist each other when answering client questions. This way clients aren't playing phone tag with one individual. The file storage with client portal allows the clients to access their documentation 24/7/365 eliminating the need to email documents back and forth.

Unfortunately Canopy does not sync with QuickBooks desktop.

Canopy Tax Practice Management Software

Kommentare: My overall experience is positive, the customer support is top notch and the product development team are listening to customer and continuously bring out new and updated enhancements to the software.

The software is fairly easy to use and it is constantly being updated with new features.

There is a lack of good reports around tasks and the software is built to be a little bit generic. We would find it even more useful if there were more features implemented specifically for tracking tax return tasks. I also wish the pricing was less module based. I wish that we could have access to more features for a straight forward monthly per user fee. I also wish that we could only pay for seasonal accounts during the busy months when we have extra help that needs access. Also, it would be nice if Canopy expanded their integrations to more than just contact information. Being able to integrate with other software based on tasks would be amazing.

Jessie
President in USA

Love Canopy, worth every penny

Kommentare: Overall wonderful

I love that everything is all in one place. Document storage, document sharing with clients, timer, invoicing, reports, task management, procedures (we use sub-tasks to lay out the steps in a task with notes on how to do each step), transcripts etc. I have recently started to use the letter templates to respond to IRS letters and they make my life so much easier. I also really love the client request feature that automatically reminds my client that I am waiting on something.

Small things, like I can lose track of tasks if I fail to assign them to someone. This could be easily avoided by looking at the task list in its entirety, but I find it most useful on a day to day basis to look at only tasks that belong to me, or only tax returns that need to be done, or only tasks that belong to the bookkeeper etc. I have to remember to occasionally look at all the tasks and then I realize that I missed something. I also find that the software is not as keyboard friendly as I would like, I have to do a lot of clicking to accomplish things.

Margaret
Senior Associate in USA

Canopy Tax

Kommentare: Very good experience. Tech Support has been very helpful. Our clients like the portal too.

Document sharing, obtaining electronic signatures is simple for us and our clients. Communication tab is also very helpful. This feature keeps communications from clients from getting siloed in individual team member's inbox. Being able to share files with clients and their other trusted advisors is also very helpful. Clients like that they can access data on their computer, their phone or their tablet.

Each module has a separate cost. However, to use certain features you have to have a specific module even if we aren't using all the module features. Also, access cannot currently be given to 3rd parties on a file by file and contact basis. Currently, if we allow access to a client and their advisor to the portal, all files that have access turned on in the portal allow all these parties to view. It would be nice if we could pick and choose which client/important contact has access to which folder. For example, a client would have access to all their tax returns, estimates, and source documents. Their financial advisor could have access to only the tax returns.

Ronda
Firm Administrator in USA
Buchhaltung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Canopy - our new best friend

Kommentare: Our experience with Canopy has been a very positive one. Their customer support is excellent. I have appreciated them reaching out to us to see how we are doing certain tasks and we are able to give them suggestions for change. I would recommend this product to other firms outside our demographic. I don't want the competition to have the advantage we have with Canopy!

We switched from Office Tools to Canopy over 2 years ago. The implementation and data transfer was almost seamless. The mobile app and client portal have been invaluable to our client base. We were implementing Canopy before COVID so when the shut downs hit we were already ahead of the game for being digital for everything with a portal and app that worked and was easy for our client base to use.

I wish the reporting was more accurate so our utilization rates were a better reflection. It would nice to customize reports for what the firm values with certain items.

letztes Jahr

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review! We appreciate your feedback! We're excited to hear the impact Canopy is making at your firm.

Stephen
Buchhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Canopy is a great all in one!

I really enjoy the fact that my CRM, billing, and document management is on one platform.

I'm still getting used to the features. I do wish that it had some additional options for payment syncing, link sharing outside of the portal, and the option to add further correspondence to a task.

Antwort von Canopy

Thank you for this feedback, Stephen! Have you hear about our new Secure Links feature!? It allows you to securely share documents and request signatures from people who do not have the customer portal! Take a look at the update here: https://www.getcanopy.com/product-updates/get-esignatures-faster-with-secure-links-canopy#:~:text=The%20secure%20link%20is%20sent,designate%20them%20to%20do%20so.

Elisabeth
CEO in USA
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

I have had an outstanding experience with Canopy!

Kommentare: Client satisfaction, reliable (and hopefully secure!) file-sharing. Potential to have a more efficient tax practice. I feel like i didn't have time to dive in to all feature fully during tax season, but hope to spend some time this Fall tinkering with the software.

Helping me organize the data and correspondence of 200+ tax clients. I got hooked by the fact that it keeps copies of all my email correspondence. But the biggest surprise was all the positive feedback I received from my clients about how easy it was to use, especially the file uploading. I had a previous product that was a complete nightmare. Around 40% of the clients who tried using it were unable to. Working on taxes brings up a lot of anxiety in people so anything I can do to make the experience smoother goes a long way. Having a reliable, user-friendly product to offer my clients feels GREAT!

Annual subscription fee that will likely increase as the product is continually enhanced. It's also a little hard to organize the accounts of married couples. They file a joint return so in many respects only need one account. But I like to correspond with both spouses and I haven't figured out a way to do that within one account. If I made one spouse's account inactive, it also deactivates their email address so I'm unable to correspond with them.

McKinley
Managing Member in USA

I have had a good experience using Canopy. The website functionality has been very good.

I like the ability to produce documents that are ready to deliver to clients or the IRS once I have completed the required forms. Additionally, I like the ability to make changes without having to reproduce documents. The link that can be sent directly to clients for data input has been very helpful. Having tax transcripts that are readily accessible on my desktop is a very important feature.

I think that the software should include a feature that will allow you download transcripts overnight. I think the software would be enhanced if some of the additional features that follow are included in the software: Case Diagnostics, Fee Calculator, Searchable IRS Manual and IRS Contact List. It would be very helpful if other users within the same office could utilize Canopy at some add on rate or multiple user environment. Some of the tax resolution practitioners are part of small office environments. It would be good to have a product that could better fit the needs of the smaller office environments. T

Kailee
TAX PRACTITIONER in USA

GREAT PRODUCT- Depth of Use

Kommentare: Record keeping is great. I will look into how I can expand use for our firm since we use primarily as a client portal with work flow management and document storage.

Canopy is great to use to keep client information safe and secure. With such advancements in technology, it is imperative to have a platform like this where the information can be conveniently accessed by both the users and clients, active or archived... it's just great.

No difficulty at all... I just wish all clients will utilize this platform... I may have to require them to do so!

letztes Jahr

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review! We appreciate your feedback, Kailee

owner in USA
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

Canopy has simplified the resolution process saving me time.

Kommentare: This product is necessary for me on a daily basis. I benefit from many of it's features.

The three areas that I use the most are the 433A, OIC and quick access to transcripts. The combination of these three functions allows me to quickly evaluate a clients resolution options. This also creates for me an overview allowing me to better focus on what I need to so that I can more quickly get a handle on the problem and address it with both the IRS and the client.

When I first learned about Canopy my understanding was that they were specializing in "tax resolution" and concentrating on that area. It appears that they are now broadening their market. I understand why they would want to do this but often newer businesses start to expand or move away from what they did best and water down or slow developing their original product. I fear that Canopy is doing just that and there original product will suffer.

Marshall
EA in USA
Rechtsberatung, Selbstständig

EA Support

Kommentare: I love it

Ease of use make it so it does not take alot of time to set up and follow

Not always designed to assist tax resolution out side norm

Marcy
Manager in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Had the software for a few years it manages our whole practice.

Kommentare: practice managment

Does many things very well. Love the e-sign option. Love the enhanced search by phone and email, billing has been very helpful, wonderful team, love this is cloud based.

Canopy undertakes a huge responsibility in providing so much for its users. However, there is some room for improvement. The transcripts are not reliable; the email feature doens't always stay connected and isn't reliable,mobile usage is hard for practitioner and client. Many things have been greatly improved upon. I would love to be able to brand my invoices with color and logo. How can we get clien'ts to sign in sometimes they never sign in and that a shame.

Amy
Enrolled Agent in USA

Best Tax Account Software

Kommentare: I love the program as do my clients, and suggest the software to my collegues.

I love the client portal as well as the transcript feature. My clients like the ease and security of the portal, and being able keep all their documents in one place is a wonderful feature.

Recently the request transcript tool is not working when trying to request new updated transcripts.

letztes Jahr

Thank you for your feedback, Jamie! We'd like to make the product as functional as possible. Make sure to contact your Customer Representative about the Transcripts feature, they should be able to troubleshoot it for you!

Shellsea
CPA in USA

Canopy is Great

Kommentare: very satisfied as this has added a lot of value to our company very quickly.

Document storage and sharing is easy as clicking on button. clients being able to pay online and having the ability to track time and easily add it to an invoice is very important to us.

There are a lot of features that could be added to make the software much better for us and working with the support team they say that features will be added however its been over a year an none of the features we need have been added. fingers crossed.

Ann
CPA in Türkei
Finanzdienstleistungen, Selbstständig

New to Canopy

Kommentare: It took a little longer than expected to set up, but the implementation team always got back to me and helped me sort out my issues.

I've transferred all my tasks that I used to have on a big spreadsheet to Canopy tasks and organizing them has been so easy. I love the ability to make custom views of the tasks so I can make sure I am working on the most important things.

The one thing I really liked about my old document management software was that I could view the files offline on my computer. It made it so easy to work with the files. I haven't seen that with Canopy. I also liked how my tax software, Proseries, could import the tax returns directly into my old document management system, but I will be able to print them into Canopy, so it won't be too much different.

Ronald
CPA President in USA

Canopy is a Power for My Business

Kommentare: Solving fast paced production needs, particularly against short deadlines.

The client portal system allows for high level encryption and immediate availability of necessary documents with particular emphasis on Transcript retrieval - wonderful to work with on source document retention and back checking transcripts to ensure accuracy in reports/returns.

The documents needs to be searched chronologically and does not allow separate folders for organization.

Kristin
Rechtsberatung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Client Management Solution

Kommentare: Very easy process in signing up. Went a long time without the need for upgrade so I was able to fully try the system before buying.

My clients enjoy the portal and state it is very user-friendly and easy to navigate. I also enjoy the transcript service as it makes pulling new transcripts very fast.

I wish the software allowed for integration with Outlook. I would like to be able to send an email through Outlook and have the email automatically posted to my client's account. I use the software for case management so this is necessary to outline steps in the case so I do a lot of copy and pasting.