I well designed, easy to use, but basic portfolio management tool

Bewertet am 12.2.2019
William S.
Design, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I'm enjoying the tool, and it beats what I've used before. If you could add the two features I listed under cons, I would be very happy.

Vorteile: It is reliable which is the main reason I switched from my other tool. Nothing is worse than sitting down to check your portfolio and finding your tool is offline. The user interface is simple and intuitive, for the most part. It does provide a very useful range of fundamental metrics and ratios through the "Configure Columns" command, although the command is hard to access (you need to right click on the column header). All in all, though, I find the tool solid, reliable, and well-designed.

Nachteile: There are two improvements I would like: 1. Currently, there are two views on portfolios: Prices and Fundamentals. These can be configured. I would really like to create as many views as I want for each portfolio or watchlist (e.g. valuation, growth, performance . . .). Currently, I'm finessing this by creating duplicate watchlists for each view I'd like, but that is a pain if I add, delete, or change entries in a portfolio. So, user created/defined views would be great. 2. I would like to be able to chart the overall performance of my portfolio, and display it in comparison with indices, moving averages, etc.

von TransparenTech an 15.2.2019

Thanks for your feedback. For your improvement request #2, have you tried clicking on the "Total" line of your portfolio? This will generate the market value chart of your portfolio (i.e. the end-of-day value of your portfolio over time). You can then add any comparison symbols you want to the chart as well as any of the supported technical indicators.

It's a good stock tracking software

Bewertet am 22.2.2017
Zeff C.
Lecturer
Bildungsmanagement, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am typically skeptical about buying softwares because I had unfortunate experiences where the developer stopped developing the software altogether. I tried StockMarketEye and it met my needs very well. I am also glad that the software comes in both Windows and Mac version, and I use both. I have been asking for an option to enable automatic synchronisation and it helps to reduce the hassle since I have the softwares installed in multiple computer and my iPhone. I understand it may lead to a corrupt parent file, and I hope technology can move in this direction someday. I also hope to see stronger features in the iPhone app (eg. chart features, the same portfolio structure as how I have organised in the PC's counterpart).

Vorteile: Comprehensive, feature-rich, reasonable pricing, multiple OS

Nachteile: Lack of auto-synchronisation, iOS app is somewhat lacklustre

A Stellar Software for Analyzing Financial Investments

Bewertet am 23.10.2018
Financial Analyst II
Verteidigung & Raumfahrt, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Well worth the one time fee!

Vorteile: As a Financial Analyst, I deal with a lot of numbers and comparable charts daily. My days can get pretty busy and I sometimes don’t know where to start. I’m so happy with StockMarketEye which has assisted me in doing comparable research for my investment portfolios. I can assess the charts and developments from my desktop and everything is always up-to-date. I have a lot of confidence in this software which enables me to give solid advice to my peers.

Nachteile: I’m very happy with StockMarketEye and have not experienced much trouble with it. I use it on a daily basis, and it is one of the first things I check in the morning when I get to the office.

Stay Up to Date With the Market

Bewertet am 12.10.2018
Investment Banking Analyst
Finanzdienstleistungen, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: As an Investment Banking Analyst, I always have to stay up-to-date with the status of the market since it fluctuates all the time. What may have been a good decision yesterday, might not work tomorrow. Since my clients put their trust and faith in me, I always want to deliver the best service. This is where StockMarketEye fits and I must say that this software has helped me effectively manage my clients accounts. I can monitor the charts and benchmarking from my computer which is right on track. All the information I need is handy and this software is instrumental in my decision making for my clients.

Nachteile: My only concern about this program is that there are not too many selections for the charts. It’s not really a major issue, but could use some improvement down the road.

My experience

Bewertet am 22.2.2017
Frederik V.
Pres
Bau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great programme. Much easier and better organized than Acrive Trader Pro.
Absence of Search feature I find a great handicap. I have complained about this before but is seems not important enough to add this to the programme.
Keep up the improvements. It is wonderful sofar and con only get better.

Vorteile: Organization and lay out

Nachteile: No Search
No way to move the positions in a preferred order

von TransparenTech an 23.2.2017

Thanks for your feedback. It's much appreciated.

Regarding the search, just to clarify, there is a symbol search which helps you find ticker symbols, but there currently isn't a way to search for symbols that you already have in StockMarketEye.

Regarding the positions of items in portfolios and watchlists, these are completely configurable in StockMarketEye v4. Just drag-and-drop them into your preferred order.

Better than expected or any other such investment management programs I've seen

Bewertet am 24.7.2018
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Very quick and informative response from support when I had a question on getting set up. That whole process went smoothly.

Vorteile: I like that it's on my computer and not in some amorphous "cloud." I was looking to replace Google Finance after it turned into a mess, found this and can't be happier plus it is way more useful. It's fast, comprehensive, and makes a load of information easy to find. I've only been using for about 6 months and it's now an important go-to tool for all my investing decisions. We have about 60 holdings of more than 40 stocks, CEFs, ETFs in 6 accounts (SEPs, ROTHs, etc.) with 2 brokers. I was just able to easily complete a total overview analysis that I've been straining to try and do for a long time. It's easy to update with transactions, divis, etc. and is alway right on with Quicken & broker statements.

Nachteile: No complaints about SMEye at all. In fact, I'm still learning about tools and info it includes.

StockMarketEye is best portfolio manager I've seen!

Bewertet am 26.11.2018
Frank W.
Senior Software Engineer

Vorteile: The software is really easy and flexible to use. It allows me to set up my dashboard to only see what's important to me and to group stocks into categories.
Another thing I like is the alert function. It's a very useful feature that helps alert me to any sell/buy criteria I've set.
I also like the ability to get up to date financial news from the app.

Nachteile: I've always felt the iOS app doesn't perform as well as the app for my windows computer. And even though I've seen some improvements lately, I still hope to see more improvement to bring up to par with the windows app.

Simplicity is divinity

Bewertet am 28.3.2017
Iain S.
IT Director
Einzelhandel, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Simple and elegant charting, portfolios and watchlists. Very easy on the eye, simple as anything to use, and available on my mac at home, PC at work and iPhone in between, with all my lists and portfolios synced between them. I've tried support on a couple of queries and had responses back almost immediately from the developer. I have a number of other investment packages and services, almost all at significantly higher cost, but this is the one I keep coming back to. I suspect it'll get more and more features as time goes on, so it'll be interesting to see where it ends up.

Vorteile: Simple
Looks great
Easy to set up
Multiple platforms
Sync works well

Nachteile: Could use more fundamental data
Could do with more charting options

Excellent Portfolio Management Tool for ASX

Bewertet am 1.4.2017
Andrew C.
Staatsverwaltung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I use StockMarketEye to track and manage my portfolio of stocks held on the Australian Stock Exchange. The program is able to provide excellent analysis through its data and charts, and the reports functionality lets me review performance over time, and compare against index performance. The ability to accurately track transactions, dividends, reinvestment plans, etc all help to give me a very accurate insight into my portfolio.

Vorteile: The ability to track all transactions relating to my portfolio and get accurate analytics.

Nachteile: I'm a Mac user and I don't like that it has been developed in Java (I assume). This means it's cross platform, but it doesn't look nice and doesn't conform with Mac UX.

Funtionality and compatibility

Bewertet am 6.2.2019
Rafael G.
Portfolio Manager
Vermögensverwaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I'm a portfolio manager with 20 plus years of experience, and I use Bloomberg for many years. I wanted something simple, easy but complete to watch my portfolios fast and in real time. StockMarketEye offers what I need and I look forward of new upgrades...the APP great complement but is far behind of the computer version. Overall I'm happy...

Vorteile: 1. Easy to use and manage
2. Enough fundamental information...very complete
3. Charts in the same screen to see all together
4. Real time prices
5. Great to manage watchlists and portfolios

Nachteile: a. Option to change the Chart font...small numbers
b. Not very accurate or updated some information (e.g. P/E, Short Interest, Mkt.Cap) in regards of market cap, it shows some ADRs in different currency rather than USD...confusing.
c. Better way to export to excel
d. Simple copy/paste to another program like excel or power point
e. Rather than click the 'ADD' bottom to add a stock, maybe just enter the symbol directly in the symbol cell
f. Options to change colors and highlight rows
g. The APP in my iPhone needs many things to improve...no charts, no ratios, very limited when you want to see your portfolios

Useful app to check your stock portfolio

Bewertet am 30.10.2018
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Great little app, highly recommended..

Vorteile: This affordable app is an inexpensive way to track your stock portfolio, and keep an eye on the market prices. You can set specific alerts to buy and sell specific stocks, and use it to calculate your profitability.

Nachteile: There are more comprehensive cloud based systems, but at this price point you won't find anything better.

Best I have found!

Bewertet am 26.6.2016
Dennis R.
2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have used many portfolio tracking software packages and online sites. StockMarketEye is the only program that provides a comprehensive tracking and reporting system. You can generate a detailed return report based on an specific time frame you want on one portfolio or a combination of portfolios. You can track buys and sells very easily, as well as, account for dividends to cash or reinvested easily. You receive portfolio return to include time weighted average. The program provides stock graphs that includes buys, sells, dividends, and splits.

Nachteile: The software offers no fundamental or technical stock research.

SIMPLE AND BEST

Bewertet am 12.8.2018
Rahul B.
Channel Manager
Investmentbanking, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Very Responsive and quick works smoothly Thumbs up and absolutely recommendable ,
as being to the investment career I used a lot of software but this SME makes me more comfortable.

Vorteile: Desktop version is very good and very effective find it very practical to analyze my stocks
The currency difference is very intelligently handle and even multiple wachlist for selected stocks which I like.
Very Good Display Rich experience

Nachteile: Till now no complaints very much liked SME
So far So Good

Very nice and easy to use software. Plenty of functionality suit widest needs.

Bewertet am 4.4.2018
Mikhail P.
Individual Investor
Finanzdienstleistungen, Selbstständig

Kommentare: With this software I can monitor my different investment portfolios in different countries and currencies in one place.

Vorteile: Simple. At the same time very wide choice of stock market instruments may be used. No problems with accounts containing Russian securites trading on MOEX and nominated in Rubles. In extreeme cases of say exotic bonds custom securities may be used in a system. Good connectivity with Interactive brokers using Quicken format.

Nachteile: Reports generator may be improved to provide cooler graphics (graphs, piecahts and so on). Report gives all information I need, but presentation could be more facinationg.

Most user friendly package on the market.

Bewertet am 23.7.2018
David M.
N/A
Bankwesen, Selbstständig

Kommentare: It allows me to easily monitor which segments within my portfolio are lagging.

Vorteile: The ease with which I can organize my portfolios' and watch lists.
Customer support was very responsive when I had an issue, responded very promptly.

Nachteile: The way the % gain total is calculated, I can't seem to reconcile it.

Perfect tool to complement the active daytrader

Bewertet am 17.12.2018
Medical Information Associate
Pharmazeutika, Selbstständig

Vorteile: It's hard to make the decision between using your brokerage's advanced (and paid) tracking functionalities, and a third party app. I have to say that StockMarketEye does an impressive job in providing all the information I want with only a few clicks or taps. I can't say that I've become a more successful trader while using this software, but I can say that it's been a lot easier to review the metrics of my trading.

Nachteile: There are some sync issues with my brokerage. This is something I anticipate being resolved in the future, as my brokerage is a lesser known entity.

With them from the start

Bewertet am 7.3.2017
Don B.
retired

Kommentare: Stockmarketeye offers me a quick or and in depth look at what my holdings are doing and what they have done. There is much of the program which goes into depth I do not use but what I do use saves me a lot of time and is very graphic. I have found their tech support to be most helpful.

Vorteile: In a quick glance i can see what is important to me

Portfolio Manager's PM

Bewertet am 2.2.2019
Analyst - Portfolio Management Group
Finanzdienstleistungen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Working in a portfolio management group, we use StockMarketEye to help analyze our client's portfolios and look for trends in the data. We are able to consolidate everything into one portfolio, and harness the tools such as charting and watchlists to make determinations as to when we want to enter new positions. Very impressed overall.

Vorteile: Ability to group different accounts into one single portfolio for analysis. This helps when trying to create aggregate analyses of all my client's portfolios. Also really like the ability to keep watchlists of stocks, and track if they reach certain levels. No longer do we have to dedicate someone to watching price levels; rather, we can be notified when certain moves happen.

Nachteile: Lacks a research aspect, but I realize that's not what this software is about. Can also be somewhat challenging jumping from systems such as Bloomberg to StockMarketEye, although the latter is most definitely more modern.

Best windows portfolio app

Bewertet am 20.7.2018
retired Software Engineer
Automotive, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This has been a good way for me to view all my brokerage accounts in one place offline. I am better able to analyze and implement action plans for my financial goals related to investments.

Vorteile: Portfolio organization is great, nice features including a view of stocks combined from all portfolios (which helped me discover I had more than I wanted of a particular stock). I like the ability to have multiple watchlists and layered portfolios.

Nachteile: Cash balance problems I had when uploading brokerage transactions and subsequent manual entries, it was very difficult to get the cash balance correct. I finally had to wipe it out in one case. I dream of having a view like a checkbook with in/out and balance columns for each dated transaction for each brokerage account , and tag/mark transactions as "reconciled" so that I can better compare to the web account views.

One of the best stock tracker app

Team Lead
Rechtsberatung, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I could track the stock that I'm interested and put it in different category.
The nice feature is the app tracks the historical daily price so I would know the stock price percentage change since the first day I add the stock to my watch list.

Nachteile: The graph, I would like to be able to have multiple graph windows and the ability to arrange them in tile mode per stock. It would be helpful for me to review the different technical graphs for a stock at the same time.

Great program - Simple to use - does what I need

Bewertet am 5.2.2019
My own man - finally free of corporate chains - it feels good
Kapitalmärkte, Selbstständig

Vorteile: This program has connections to multiple data sources.
Allows me to have multiple portfolios.
very stable - no issues

Nachteile: only wish is that if that I did not close the program and had to do a restart, it would be easier to restart and get the files synched automatically. An extra step and all is well, with all data recovered, but it would be nice to have this happen automatically, or even better, ask the user if it should do file recovery or not.

StockMarketEye ... "better than Quicken for Mac users" (especially non-US)

Craig M.
Orthopaedic Surgeon
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This is an excellent stock following program. There are some things that could be made perfect (from already good or very good or a few things excellent). There is nothing bad that I have come across - the nearest is the allocation to sale of part parcels, but even this is sensible. It could be laid out diferently but it is overall excellent. I got this because I was tired of the endless debacle that is Quicken for a non-US Mac user and am happy. I think it works well for this group.

Vorteile: This software works ! It is very intuitive. It has detail where required and good displays.

Nachteile: The reporting is OK but could be adapted ideally to suit exact tax planning for each market with some additional work. I liked the import brokerage function.

Works Great!!!

Bewertet am 5.2.2019
William B.
Financial Analyst
Finanzdienstleistungen, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Works great and hasn't crashed yet. Fantastic program for the price.

Vorteile: Automatic updates for all securities with valid symbols.

Nachteile: Some areas not too intuitive but after a while, you play with it and find out you don't have to call customer support, which by the way are great.

Does Everything I need

Bewertet am 11.2.2019
Marc K.
None
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

Vorteile: Great performance tracking took. Easy to customize to see anything you want including returns for multiple week periods- overall CAG and IRR. Can segregate and create custom portfolios. I searched for a lot of investment tracking software and this by far is the the best tool I have found!

Nachteile: None but would like to be able to customize summary side panel to show $ value of portfolio and $ change

StockMarketEye Customer Review

Consultant

Kommentare: I'm happy with the features available for the price. I've made some suggestions to the development team and several updates to features are in the works. For us casual traders, this is a good product. If you are a professional trader, it may not have all the features you need.

Vorteile: I was trying to find a free, or inexpensive, portfolio manager. While many allowed you to enter your holdings, few allowed you to generate reports of all transactions (Buy, Sell, Gain-Loss, etc). StockMarketEye provides excellent transaction reporting, watch list creation and basic charting for a one time purchase.

Nachteile: The data feed comes from Yahoo and there are occasional issues with translation requiring manually updating of the names. You are unable to change multiple items at once, such as changing sector or industry.