A quality LMS and performance management product

Bewertet am 15.2.2016
Jamie D.
LMS Admin/Training Specialist

Kommentare: I've been an administrator for Cornerstone (CSOD) for about 2 years now. We use the Learning and Connect modules and we have added Observation Checklists from the Performance module. I've previously managed 5 other LMSs in both corporate and education settings. I can honestly say that CSOD is one of my favorites, however, it's not without frustrations at times. Pros:
-There's been little to no unscheduled downtime.
-They have a quarterly release schedule, which is packed with useful features and updates and then bug fixes/maintenance windows EOW.
-The LMS module works well with most SCORM compliant courses. An issue I struggled with while managing another competitor. We mainly use Articulate Storyline 1 & 2, but it also works well with tutorials that we've purchased from third parties.
-Reporting is powerful and available real-time.
-The enrollment tools allow for a single enrollment or dynamic/scheduled enrollments.
-I really like the customization offered in the portal. Welcome and custom pages have just enough flexibility to allow for creativity, yet are still easy to use. There are also settings for the menu and branding, which allow you to create a unique experience for you audience.
-The system has played well with our nightly user feed from SAP.
-I manage several user roles that allow me to effective manage the rights of various users throughout the system.
-CSOD has revamping several areas of the system to give them a more modern look and feel.
-Additionally, they have a mobile app that just recently received an update that updated its UI.
-Their user conference is one of the best I've ever attended.
Cons:
-Their Global Product Support is sub-par and has been ever since I started managing the system, despite what they call "growing pains" within their structure that they are supposed to be addressing. Not a very good excuse and it is tiring working with them at times.
-Although their mobile app is decent, they seem to introduce a new bug with every release and they only update the app quarterly, so my users have to live with the bug for 3 months before it is patched.
-Their integration with WebEx for vILT just broke last year and it took them 8-10 months to patch it.
-There overall message is that they are a tech company that is fun and nimble like Google or Facebook, however, with their fast growth, they feel like they are moving the direction of SAP and Oracle.

Easy to use for the Learner and Administrator

Bewertet am 13.11.2015
Giulia M.
Organizational Development and Learning Specialist

Kommentare: The best part of the product is reporting functionality. I love the custom reporting function that allows me to gather and analyze specific data. It is easy to organize my reports and run them time and again. I also love that it has the ability to send my reports directly to my e-mail. The reporting has been especially helpful for when auditors request training records and managers need full reports of their direct reports' training. In addition to the reporting functionality, Cornerstone as a vendor has been great! I have an amazing team that I can rely on to provide me with the answers and solutions to my issues and initiatives. When evaluating a Learning Management System, I think that the support you receive after implementation is just as important as the product itself. Of course, you wish to receive a product that meets all of your business needs, but it's important to also look for a company that provides ongoing support. Cornerstone provides that to their clients. As an administrator, I found the system to be very easy to learn and use. It's logical and provides a clean look. Users require very little training on how to use the system. It's intuitive for them and for someone like me, saves time from needing to train users. Thus far, I have been able to implement all business initiatives through the Cornerstone system. There have even been a few requests that I have been able to accommodate using a work-around that Cornerstone helped me create. The system is well designed. I have never logged onto the system and have it be unavailable (unless during scheduled maintenance). You can trust this product and its team to fix system issues quickly and efficiently. Cornerstone consistently provides support to its clients. In the beginning stages, the sales person helps you to purchase the right product for your business needs. You are then paired with an implementation specialist who makes the process easy! After implementation, you are assigned a client success manager. My CSM always makes time for me and returns my e-mails/phone calls. In addition, I can always reach out to global product support and take part in webinars with other clients and CSMs to get answers to my questions.

CSOD Client Services Structure Is Great!

Bewertet am 8.12.2015
Franz V.

Kommentare: Cornerstone OnDemand's Learning Cloud is a robust LMS that provides all of the necessary functions to properly administer an organizations training operations. Our training department manages hundreds of simultaneous training sessions every week, from self-paced elearning and webinars to ILT sessions and third party vendor training, CSOD has helped us keep accurate training records and produce valuable reporting data integral to our business strategy. There are many helpful functions within the Learning Cloud, but one in particular that has been a time-saver is the Test Engine. The Test Engine within CSOD has helped us reduce the cost of administering and maintaining tests. We constantly test our employees for job proficiency. After much thought and planning, although we had the option of building tests using authoring software like Adobe Captivate or Articulate Quizmaker and then uploading them to the Learning Cloud, we instead decided to use the Test Engine. The Test Engine allows us to build a database of test questions and categorize them. This makes organizing, updating and create new tests simple and faster than using authoring software. In addition to the useful functionality within the Learning Cloud, CSOD's client support team has been outstanding. I can't rave enough of how valuable it is for any company it is to have a DIRECT relationship with their LMS vendor. CSOD provides us with a dedicated client support representative and a whole team of troubleshooting partners that are available to answer questions or resolve issues. CSOD's client support is amazing. In addition to having actual people you can talk to over the phone, CSOD hosts several live webinars that touch upon different functionality within the software. There are even office hours where a CSOD specialist is available for discussions about LMS administration or strategy. With so many useful features and an absolutely fantastic client support structure, CSOD should definitely be in the conversation when discussing the top five enterprise level LMS applications in the market today.

Adding and tracking attendance for our training courses is easy to maintain with Cornerstone.

Bewertet am 17.11.2017
Amy S.
Owner & CEO

Kommentare: The main benefits are being able to track on report on which customers attend our courses and how they evaluated our courses.

Vorteile: What I like most about Cornerstone is that I can add and track our courses and customers who have attended our courses. A majority of our courses are offered virtually so being able to effectively track attendance for these courses in a simplified way is very beneficial to us. We also have advanced courses that our customers need and since we do not allow customers to take an advanced course with the pre-requisite course is extremely valuable to us. We do not want out customers to get frustrated when they attend a training that overwhelms then when they should have take a introductory course first. Cornerstone makes this easy to implement our protocol. I also like they customer can easily receive email confirmation when they locate and register for the course. They also can get in their email the Student Manual for the course and also integrate the date/time of the course in the email application.

Nachteile: Sometimes, our customer don't know exactly where to go to launch a course they are scheduled to attend. They have to go to their User Profile and look at their transcript. Although most customers to locate this, some can not. We wish it could be easier so that our customer attendance is high and we can continue educating our customers on the products we offer.

Best LMS/LXP out there

Bewertet am 3.7.2019
Christian B.
HRIS Program Manager
Finanzdienstleistungen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Excellent- we are consistently improving automation and reporting, and continue to win national training awards with CSOD in the background.

Vorteile: I have been in the HRIS world for awhile, and touched many different products. CSOD has been one of the best, the logic and function makes sense, it is intuitive, and the improvements always bring excitement and enthusiasm to the group.
Looking for amazing dynamic software - that can handle either a push or a pull type learning experience, you have found it.

Nachteile: GPS - struggles. Developers tend to QC live with the early adopter and client community... they are truly Agile in that sense.
GPS is undergoing change, and it has improved drastically in the past 2 years- there is a lot of work left to do.

Quality product, poor support, costly price tag

Bewertet am 24.5.2018
Jamie D.
Learning Management System Administrator, Training Specialist
Maschinerie, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We use Cornerstone LMS to manage our global employee training. It supports SCORM tutorials, videos, and materials, as well as robust reporting.

Vorteile: Full functionality for an LMS. Can integrate with many other Enterprise systems. New learner experience features are bringing a modern approach to corporate learning. They have started to support xAPI.

Nachteile: Their Global Product Support has had issues for several years. Response times on tickets are bad. The cost can be quite high compared to other LMS companies. They demnd a certain percentage increase each year even if it isn't justified.

Great LMS for Larger Businesses with Extensive Training Needs

Bewertet am 15.4.2019
Sara C.
HR Compliance
Essen & Trinken, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The ability to create groups and assign training to those groups systematically.

Nachteile: This may just be the way our company has set it up, but for me, reporting is not always intuitive. When you assign training as part of a bundle such as "New hire", "Annual recertification", ect. the individual class inside the bundle doesn't pull in report by that course name. You must select every bundle in which the course is assigned to get an accurate report of completions.

High Quality, Dependable LMS...Without Costing a Fortune

Bewertet am 25.1.2017
Kyle F.
Corporate Training Manager
Versorgungsunternehmen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Have been a customer with Cornerstone for 6 years, and definitely a big supporter of the project. I have used many other LMS platforms in the past, and Cornerstone is unique in that it provides much of the customization ability directly to the customer...meaning little to no extra customization fees. On top of that, very little outage or technical issues overall. Excellent product which I'd highly recommend.

Vorteile: Administrative capabilities and overall ease of use for end users.

Nachteile: Learning curve for admins

Awesome LMS and Company--definitely a leader in the business

Bewertet am 15.12.2015
Becky M.
Instructional Designer

Kommentare: One of the things that helped Cornerstone stand out from other LMS vendors was the company itself. Their culture was very similar to our own company culture, which was a plus. However, I think we were most impressed with their communication, support, and resources. Once we decided to go with Cornerstone, we were given ample time to learn how to administer the LMS and test things in a pilot environment before moving to production. Even 1 year later, we are still checking in quarterly with our support specialist, Jamie. In addition to our support specialist, there are tons of resources in the Cornerstone community--help topics, discussion groups, webinars, and release emails that tell us about new features that roll out every quarter. You definitely don't feel like you're alone when you go with Cornerstone--they have an excellent product and excellent support. It also looks very user friendly! I love the Cornerstone branding and colors. As with any LMS, there's a lot to learn and manage--so the ramp-up does take a lot of time. I still feel like there's a lot for me to learn in just the Learning Cloud! Our team has also tried to figure out a couple of workarounds for certain issues, like SCORM 2004 reporting. There was a custom report we wanted to create, but could not do within the current platform. Turns out, there are some things that require an additional back-end cost. If you're looking at different LMS companies, definitely have a pretty detailed idea of the types of things you want to do in the LMS, so you can figure out if it's possible in the Cornerstone platform. Have some goals in mind and make sure they align with what Cornerstone can do.

Cornerstone Learning Module

Bewertet am 17.11.2015
Amy S.
Manager of Learning Solutions

Kommentare: When I think about pros and cons of the Cornerstone LMS what I find as the biggest benefit is the innovation that they have and that they are the leader in the Learning space. For CSOD their primary focus is on the Learning module. They do offer a full Talent suite but their Learning offering is their bread and butter. Other vendors may have a Learning Module but originally are in a different space like Recruiting or Talent or Core HR and are spending their R&D efforts their instead of on Learning. So a Pro is definitely that the Learning Module get's a lot of focus and attention. Based on my personal experience here is a more detailed list of Pros and Cons:
Pros:
- The portal is natively mobile responsive so it scales to different devices
- The video streaming service is very nicely done and helps clients that are bandwidth challenged
- The application is one code base making it more consistent within itself then other LMSs that are patchworked from acquisitions or customizations
-There is a social component called Connect that is tied to learning, this feature is still evolving but is promising and is beyond where their competitors are
Cons:
-CSOD is still a young company with immature processes in regards to testing and release management
-CSOD adds new features based on what is needed to seal the deal with prospective clients (if you want the feature, ask for it as part of your contract) and based off of a voting system
-CSOD support is lacking, if you go with them I would strongly encourage diligent case management and follow up by a detail oriented individual
-CSOD off shores a lot of their tech and engineering work

2-years strong

Bewertet am 6.11.2015
Stacie S.
Sr. ISD

Kommentare: We converted from hosting our own LMS to the CSOD cloud-based solution a little over 2-years ago. Let me say, the conversion was painful! Not necessarily a result of CSOD, but a result of moving data from one system to another. Now that we have been using the system for 2 years, I can say they all "sell" you similar ways of doing things. Proxies; groups; learning plans; transcripts; oh my! The list goes on and on CSOD pitched the best product based on our use cases and our needs. We did come to find out that perception is not always reality. Meaning, they will tell you (and show you) there is a way to accomplish that scenario, but it is not always that straight forward once the system is yours to implement. To summarize my thoughts, here are a list of my pros and cons... Pros:
They communicate changes for upcoming releases relatively well
You can network with other clients
You are assigned a client success manager (we have had several; some good and some mediocre)
The company makes system changes based on customer requests
You can create complex curricula in a easy to follow player
The interface is customizable
You can review a course
Cons:
We have had features turned on without requesting it
There is often a sow turn-around on support issues
Code changes often cause strange things to occur could they QA better?
It is difficult to assign training through My Team if you have indirect reports
Reporting is overwhelming and there are so many options to create one; they are almost impossible to run if you are not an admin of the system
The course reviews are buried

I love the ease of the program

Bewertet am 31.7.2019
Marissa M.
Facillitator
Unterhaltung, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I don't have any issues with this program. It took a while to get switched from a sales representative user to a facilitator administrator within the system but I believe that was an issue internally. I like how easy it is to use this program. As a facilitator, I had to assign training, review, rate, pull reports and many other tasks within this program and everything was so easy and simple to use.

Vorteile: I like how easy it is to use this program. As a facilitator, I had to assign training, review, rate, pull reports and many other tasks within this program and everything was so easy and simple to use.

Nachteile: I don't have any issues with this program. It took a while to get switched from a sales representative user to a facilitator administrator within the system but I believe that was an issue internally.

A bit on the difficult side

Bewertet am 22.1.2019
Sharon S.
Professionelles Training & Coaching, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: As a corporate trainer, I was tasked with updating an eLearning catalog into Cornerstone LMS. I did like the finished product and the user interface of this software.

Nachteile: It was not all that intuitive to use. I am not the most technically minded person, and I really struggled to get things set up in this system. It was pretty frustrating.

Excellent LMS software

Bewertet am 16.5.2017
Deanna E.
VP HR

Vorteile: This software allows integration with other softwares to upload content which was a nice feature because we had multiple sources of learning content that could be housed in one area. The mass communication feature was great to inform participants of changes, etc. to the course work.

Nachteile: When we first starting using Cornerstone on Demand the products Performance and Learning systems were separate, which at times created double work/entry. That has been fixed.

Great Talent Management System

Bewertet am 9.11.2015
Heather R.
Learning Systems Administrator

Kommentare: Cornerstone is the best and most comprehensive solution that I have seen for talent management. I have used the LMS, Performance, Succession, Connect and Extended Enterprise modules. CSOD continues to make enhancements to their product, especially with Learning, Connect and Performance, but where they are lacking is in enhancements to their mobile app and to their Succession module. While I do find great value in reaching out to their Global Product Support team, it will sometimes take days and even weeks before you get a response from them on a case. The communication to the customer is lacking there.
Additionally, I find that some of the modules, such as Performance and Succession, can be really complex and require a lot of testing and trial and error to get things right. It does help that you are given two test environments (Stage and Pilot) to test things in. The quarterly releases have also gotten better over time, with many resources that can be used throughout User Acceptance Testing and the rest of the release cycle.
Change is not always handled seamlessly for the customer, as we have experienced major delays when our Account Manager was on leave and also our Client Success Manager was out on leave. The people who filled in for them seemed overwhelmed and as a result there was a lack of communication.
Overall, Cornerstone is a great encompassing talent management system and I have not encountered another company that comes close to having all that they offer under one roof.

Cornerstone LMS

Bewertet am 13.11.2015
Casey C.
Learning Specialist

Kommentare: Our experience with Cornerstone has been rough to say the least. From our initial sales meetings and implementation there have been things that have just not gone as promoted. As a regulated medical device manufacturing company we have very specific expectations out of our LMS and Cornerstone claimed to be able to support those expectations and has fallen short in some areas. That being said, they have improved over the years and are much better with being transparent with us then in the past. We struggle with using a cloud based LMS for two reasons. One because our requested enhancements are usually denied or go into the black hole of a system that uses votes from other clients to assess other clients interests. As I mentioned we have very specific needs which aren't likely to receive a large number of votes. And second, when changes are pushed to our portal automatically we then have to retrain our global admins and users. It sometimes feels like you have to ask the same questions over and over to receive help. On the pro side I'd say the user interface is a big pro. The users seem to like the look and feel of cornerstone much better than our previous LMS. If we had to do it all over again would we cornerstone in the first place, maybe not, but as I mentioned previously there has been some improvement over the years and we will continue to voice our requests until it exceeds our requirements.

Does what it needs us to do - some challenges

Bewertet am 24.1.2019
Shandus P.
HR Generalist
Hochschulbildung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: For us, it was good because we did not have an LMS prior to implementing Cornerstone. It allows us to have employees sign up for instructor-led training online, add the completed course to their transcript, track attendance, etc. It also provides a library of online learning options, which range in quality from unusable to decent.

Nachteile: So many challenges with creating automatic assignments for training and other required assignments, like with new hires.

Good Ongoing Updates

Bewertet am 3.4.2019
Jilyne T.
Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition & Inclusion
Konsumgüter, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: There are so many things that can be customized, and the user interface is easy to use and configure. Cornerstone continues to make positive updates to the system functionality to make things more intuitive for employees.

Nachteile: There are some areas of the system that require a few too many clicks to get to, and to push communications out of the system it must be done manually and there is no function to have "mailing lists" for certain user groups.

Cornerstone to learn

Bewertet am 18.12.2018
Quality Assurance Analysts

Kommentare: CornerStone is a pretty user friendly repository for internal and external training courses and provides a centralized repository for these training videos. If you have missed an live training, you can get it once it is saved and added to cornerstone.

Vorteile: The software is easy to navigate and use. I can easily and quickly see what I have been assigned for training and when it is due. I can also easily search for other courses and classes to sign up for and to take. I can easily see what I have started and not yet completed.

Nachteile: The signing after you have completed the course or class isn't as easy as it could potentially be. You have to go back and Open and scroll and then click to sign. It would be nice if there were less clicks to get to this signing function. I often forget to sign off after I have completed a training.

Love Cornerstone - Highly Recommend!

Bewertet am 6.11.2015
Abbey D.
Talent Specialist

Kommentare: I personally have had a great experience with Cornerstone, from both a end user perspective and also from a system administrator perspective. Currently, we use the Core, Learning, Performance and Succession modules and each has impacted our workforce and internal workflow processes in their own ways. The thing I love about Cornerstone most is that their releases are filled with extremely relevant and useful upgrades. Other technologies that we use will upgrade their product just as regularly but there will be very little that we would actually consider implementing. Cornerstone listens to their user base and structures their releases in a way to meet the needs of the most request items. They are also very good about the overall user interface to ensure the technology is engaging for users. Cornerstone Support has always provided great direction from major configuration questions to best practice recommendations. When you submit a Care Ticket you typically get a response back within 24 hours and the feedback that is given is clear and concise. The only con really is that it is hard for us to keep up with all the upgrades that are made, but that is a problem that I am willing to have if it means the product is getting better and better!

Initiative end user learning experience

Bewertet am 14.11.2017
Kristine H.
Supervisor, HRIS

Kommentare: I was able to take mandatory training as well as career development training. All of which was tracked and reportable to my manager. Easy to use and could take the training at home and not required to be in the office.

Vorteile: Easy to review course catalog, read course descriptions and enroll in a course. As an end-user you can quickly see if your enrollment has been approved. I appreciated that certain courses required approval and had workflow built in behind them.

Nachteile: At time would get lost and frustrated on where I was in the course catalog and couldn't find the course I was looking for. After a few times of using this software I was able to navigate it much easier.

LMS for Salesforce

Bewertet am 8.9.2018
Information Manager
Automotive, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Creation and management of training courses.

Vorteile: Integrated with Salesforce. We love the fact that a user only holds a license for 30 days. If a user isn't actively taking training courses, their license can be used for other users. We have saved a lot on license costs as we don't have to purchase a license for each user. If a user only takes a course once a year, he is not holding onto that license for the entire year, just when he needs to take a course. This software uses scorm 1.2 which is the industry standard for packaging courses, so we were able to continue to use our previous LMS software training courses. This software also has an api that enables it to be integrated with our customer's system.

Nachteile: In our previous software, the training department was able to manage the software. Since this tool is integrated with salesforce, we now have to rely on our salesforce administrators.

It is a clunky system for one that has a reputation for being a good Learning Management System.

Bewertet am 19.7.2017
Gina P.
Associate Engagement Supervisor
Personalwesen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The system offers many bells and whistles, such as Connect for collaboration. The problem is that nothing is very easy to use- the entire system is very clunky and not super intuitive for administrators. They do a better job for end users.

Nachteile: As a system administrator, I think it is clunky and not intuitive at all. there are many requirements to complete tasks such as setting up training classes that should be easier to accomplish.

High Quality Product and Excellent Support Team!

Bewertet am 30.12.2015
Jessica M.
Manager, Talent Management Systems

Kommentare: I've been working in this industry for over 10 years and throughout my experience I have managed several different LMS systems, but CSOD, by far, has been the most impressive. During our LMS Selection process we evaluated over 27 vendors and scored/compared each across many different rating factors such as easy to use, low cost, easy to learn, extensive features/functionality, powerful reporting, customer service support etc. CSOD was the highest scoring vendor and after conducting hands on analysis and performing extensive due diligence (i.e. reference check, examining financial health, customer/industry reviews) we made the choice to move forward with CSOD. We haven't had any regrets since then. Our LMS implementation went very smoothly and we've been live for over one year now. The feedback we've received from our organization regarding the LMS has been nothing but positive, and due to this top management has decided to invest in the Recruiting and Onboarding modules.

LMS Review

Bewertet am 20.11.2015
Kathleen S.

Kommentare: This LMS was implemented in our company a couple of years ago. As part of the team in the selection process, it seemed to be a very easy to use, intuitive system and we were anxious to move onto the platform. Upon launching the LMS we found some items were more easily implemented than others and although we had multiple use cases in the selection process, this was a bit of a surprise. Additionally, it did not seem all that intuitive to our end users. That may have been a result of over customizing, but I would have liked to see Cornerstone advise us against the customization if it decreased user experience. However, it seems as this is a focus of CSOD and some of the newer features like the curriculum player is a great update and helps our end users understand their progress. We did have one situation that I was a part of that we escalated to customer service and while we did get resolution, it seemed to take a fairly long time and we had to involve a lot of people.