Cornerstone LMS not great for complicated builds

Bewertet am 30.11.2019
Keithia K.
Technology Education Specialist
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My experience is both good and bad. Good in that I have gotten used to the way the product works and can maneuver well. Bad in that its tedious work and there are areas where streamlining is needed.

Vorteile: Cornerstone was an improvement over the LMS platforms we were using 5 years ago. It handles large amounts of learning objects and dynamic assignments well if its simple. It doesn't like complicated assignments. The system works well with a simple set of learning objects assigned to a simple group with a due date. If you need to build a complicated group (one with many parameters), it may not work as well. Also the removal of items is a challenge when you are removing from a large number of transcripts.

Nachteile: the administration of cornerstone is not straight forward. There are a lot of nuances that come up when you are completing various activities. There is also the inconsistencies with various screens throughout. In some areas you can click check all or uncheck all to select multiple objects. In other areas you cannot and have to click individually, which is time consuming.

An on-demand one-stop solution!

Bewertet am 12.9.2019
Manager - Projects
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am always excited to use Cornerstone OnDemand Suite for all industries. It fits very well with Life Sciences and Banking industries. This application is scalable, robust and user-friendly.

Vorteile: Cornerstone OnDemand is one of the best suites available in the market. I like the user-friendliness of the product. It does not require much technical knowledge. It has unique features such as Learning Admin Console (very detailed), Content Uploader, Edge Import, Data Load Wizard and the impressive Reporting Dashboard. This application can be integrated with any 3rd party applications. This application has all compliance features such as CFR 11, GDPR, etc.

Nachteile: Edge Import is still in evolving stage hence does not have all the fields as required. Custom Reports in CSOD application should accommodate all the fields included in Learning Objects. Otherwise, there are no specific issues that affects the performance of the software. I highly recommend this solution.

Cornerstone admin user for two years, great product!

Bewertet am 4.9.2019
Senior Talent Systems Analyst
Buchhaltung, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our overall experience with cornerstone's LMS has been great. As I previously stated, it's fairly easy to pick up on as an admin and end user, and it's a great tool to deliver training.

Vorteile: The thing I like most about the software is how easy it is to learn, and how quickly somebody with no experience can pick up on things.

Nachteile: There really isn't an overarching con that turns me away from the software. We run into hiccups with support from time to time, but that's about it.

A quality LMS and performance management product

Bewertet am 15.2.2016
Jamie D.
LMS Admin/Training Specialist

Kommentare: I've been an administrator for Cornerstone (CSOD) for about 2 years now. We use the Learning and Connect modules and we have added Observation Checklists from the Performance module. I've previously managed 5 other LMSs in both corporate and education settings. I can honestly say that CSOD is one of my favorites, however, it's not without frustrations at times. Pros:
-There's been little to no unscheduled downtime.
-They have a quarterly release schedule, which is packed with useful features and updates and then bug fixes/maintenance windows EOW.
-The LMS module works well with most SCORM compliant courses. An issue I struggled with while managing another competitor. We mainly use Articulate Storyline 1 & 2, but it also works well with tutorials that we've purchased from third parties.
-Reporting is powerful and available real-time.
-The enrollment tools allow for a single enrollment or dynamic/scheduled enrollments.
-I really like the customization offered in the portal. Welcome and custom pages have just enough flexibility to allow for creativity, yet are still easy to use. There are also settings for the menu and branding, which allow you to create a unique experience for you audience.
-The system has played well with our nightly user feed from SAP.
-I manage several user roles that allow me to effective manage the rights of various users throughout the system.
-CSOD has revamping several areas of the system to give them a more modern look and feel.
-Additionally, they have a mobile app that just recently received an update that updated its UI.
-Their user conference is one of the best I've ever attended.
Cons:
-Their Global Product Support is sub-par and has been ever since I started managing the system, despite what they call "growing pains" within their structure that they are supposed to be addressing. Not a very good excuse and it is tiring working with them at times.
-Although their mobile app is decent, they seem to introduce a new bug with every release and they only update the app quarterly, so my users have to live with the bug for 3 months before it is patched.
-Their integration with WebEx for vILT just broke last year and it took them 8-10 months to patch it.
-There overall message is that they are a tech company that is fun and nimble like Google or Facebook, however, with their fast growth, they feel like they are moving the direction of SAP and Oracle.

CSOD Review

Bewertet am 21.8.2019
Nate M.
HRIS Analyst
Versicherung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have been working with CSOD for almost two years. Of all the modules CSOD has to offer, the LMS is probably the best. CSOD offers some great resources to get your questions answered however, their Global Product Support for more technical questions/issues is terrible. They have made an effort to improve that team recently however, it has a long way to go. I mentioned it above in the cons section - if you plan on using multiple modules be aware that each module seems to have been developed in a silo effort & there is no consistency throughout.

Vorteile: 1. Quarterly releases with a transparent road map
2. Offers a Client Portal to connect, ask questions & make suggestions, which actually gets used & is useful
3. Scheduled down times are limited
4. Recent updates have added a more modern UI/UX

Nachteile: 1. Global Product Support
2. Global Product Support
3. Global Product Support
4. If you plan on using CSOD's other modules (e.g. Performance, ATS, etc) keep in mind that there is no consistency & the UI/UX will be different depending on where the user is in the system. Although you cannot consider this a con of their LMS.

Easy to use for the Learner and Administrator

Bewertet am 13.11.2015
Giulia M.
Organizational Development and Learning Specialist

Kommentare: The best part of the product is reporting functionality. I love the custom reporting function that allows me to gather and analyze specific data. It is easy to organize my reports and run them time and again. I also love that it has the ability to send my reports directly to my e-mail. The reporting has been especially helpful for when auditors request training records and managers need full reports of their direct reports' training. In addition to the reporting functionality, Cornerstone as a vendor has been great! I have an amazing team that I can rely on to provide me with the answers and solutions to my issues and initiatives. When evaluating a Learning Management System, I think that the support you receive after implementation is just as important as the product itself. Of course, you wish to receive a product that meets all of your business needs, but it's important to also look for a company that provides ongoing support. Cornerstone provides that to their clients. As an administrator, I found the system to be very easy to learn and use. It's logical and provides a clean look. Users require very little training on how to use the system. It's intuitive for them and for someone like me, saves time from needing to train users. Thus far, I have been able to implement all business initiatives through the Cornerstone system. There have even been a few requests that I have been able to accommodate using a work-around that Cornerstone helped me create. The system is well designed. I have never logged onto the system and have it be unavailable (unless during scheduled maintenance). You can trust this product and its team to fix system issues quickly and efficiently. Cornerstone consistently provides support to its clients. In the beginning stages, the sales person helps you to purchase the right product for your business needs. You are then paired with an implementation specialist who makes the process easy! After implementation, you are assigned a client success manager. My CSM always makes time for me and returns my e-mails/phone calls. In addition, I can always reach out to global product support and take part in webinars with other clients and CSMs to get answers to my questions.

Customizable and User-Centric

Bewertet am 16.8.2019
Casey C.
Senior Talent Development Specialist
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The use of Cornerstone has been instrumental in changing the training culture of our social services agency, which relies on flexible training delivery to staff who's time is limited and most often needed elsewhere.

Vorteile: Cornerstone has created and outlet for users across varied companies to collaborate and advocate for new and/or improved features. I have seen requested features come to fruition in their regularly scheduled feature updates that are rolled out several times a year.

Nachteile: In regards to training and support, Cornerstone definitely prioritizes some functionality over others. When working in the Certification Management area, I have rarely communicated with anyone who I would call an expert. I have often gotten the odd look and the blow off when I expressed my need for assistance in this area.

CSOD Client Services Structure Is Great!

Bewertet am 8.12.2015
Franz V.

Kommentare: Cornerstone OnDemand's Learning Cloud is a robust LMS that provides all of the necessary functions to properly administer an organizations training operations. Our training department manages hundreds of simultaneous training sessions every week, from self-paced elearning and webinars to ILT sessions and third party vendor training, CSOD has helped us keep accurate training records and produce valuable reporting data integral to our business strategy. There are many helpful functions within the Learning Cloud, but one in particular that has been a time-saver is the Test Engine. The Test Engine within CSOD has helped us reduce the cost of administering and maintaining tests. We constantly test our employees for job proficiency. After much thought and planning, although we had the option of building tests using authoring software like Adobe Captivate or Articulate Quizmaker and then uploading them to the Learning Cloud, we instead decided to use the Test Engine. The Test Engine allows us to build a database of test questions and categorize them. This makes organizing, updating and create new tests simple and faster than using authoring software. In addition to the useful functionality within the Learning Cloud, CSOD's client support team has been outstanding. I can't rave enough of how valuable it is for any company it is to have a DIRECT relationship with their LMS vendor. CSOD provides us with a dedicated client support representative and a whole team of troubleshooting partners that are available to answer questions or resolve issues. CSOD's client support is amazing. In addition to having actual people you can talk to over the phone, CSOD hosts several live webinars that touch upon different functionality within the software. There are even office hours where a CSOD specialist is available for discussions about LMS administration or strategy. With so many useful features and an absolutely fantastic client support structure, CSOD should definitely be in the conversation when discussing the top five enterprise level LMS applications in the market today.

Adding and tracking attendance for our training courses is easy to maintain with Cornerstone.

Bewertet am 17.11.2017
Amy S.
Owner & CEO

Kommentare: The main benefits are being able to track on report on which customers attend our courses and how they evaluated our courses.

Vorteile: What I like most about Cornerstone is that I can add and track our courses and customers who have attended our courses. A majority of our courses are offered virtually so being able to effectively track attendance for these courses in a simplified way is very beneficial to us. We also have advanced courses that our customers need and since we do not allow customers to take an advanced course with the pre-requisite course is extremely valuable to us. We do not want out customers to get frustrated when they attend a training that overwhelms then when they should have take a introductory course first. Cornerstone makes this easy to implement our protocol. I also like they customer can easily receive email confirmation when they locate and register for the course. They also can get in their email the Student Manual for the course and also integrate the date/time of the course in the email application.

Nachteile: Sometimes, our customer don't know exactly where to go to launch a course they are scheduled to attend. They have to go to their User Profile and look at their transcript. Although most customers to locate this, some can not. We wish it could be easier so that our customer attendance is high and we can continue educating our customers on the products we offer.

Best LMS/LXP out there

Bewertet am 3.7.2019
Christian B.
HRIS Program Manager
Finanzdienstleistungen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Excellent- we are consistently improving automation and reporting, and continue to win national training awards with CSOD in the background.

Vorteile: I have been in the HRIS world for awhile, and touched many different products. CSOD has been one of the best, the logic and function makes sense, it is intuitive, and the improvements always bring excitement and enthusiasm to the group.
Looking for amazing dynamic software - that can handle either a push or a pull type learning experience, you have found it.

Nachteile: GPS - struggles. Developers tend to QC live with the early adopter and client community... they are truly Agile in that sense.
GPS is undergoing change, and it has improved drastically in the past 2 years- there is a lot of work left to do.

LMS with a lot of Capabilities

Bewertet am 30.9.2019
Daniela A.
L&D Coordinator
Finanzdienstleistungen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We want to drive users to go into the LMS so that they can utilize all of the learning thats offered. With Cornerstone releasing Learner Home it was a great way to get users into the system because it reminds them of Netflix which is fun.

Vorteile: I like that Cornerstone is constantly releasing new tools and features to enhance the LMS. They really listen to their customers and take in all advice to make necessary upgrades.
The software is easy to navigate and use. Making ILT sessions and events is straightforward. I also like how you can add badges to a learning object so that way learners feel good when they accomplish something. Also, the reporting capabilities are great and there are a number of reports you can generate to analyze how the system is being utilized.

Nachteile: The Quiz functionality of the system is not good and not easy to use.
Its not modern and every test you make has to be out of 100. Also, you can drag and drop questions in whatever order you want them to be. The tool is limited and needs to be upgraded for easier use.

Worst LMS System I've Ever Worked With

Bewertet am 1.11.2019
a
Immobilien, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: Absolutely frustrating, frequent data errors, terribly slow customer support, the reporting tool will randomly report inaccurate data and then "fix" itself.

Vorteile: It has a lot of functionality, it is basically a jack of all trades that doesn't do anything particularly well.

Nachteile: Everything takes over 5 or 6 clicks to get completed. An endless number of interdependencies between permissions can leave you troubleshooting why something won't open for days. Frequent glitches with reporting scores regardless of format, you can try SCORM, xAPI, uploaded videos, you name it, it glitches. The compression for video uploads is absolutely absurd, you can upload at 1080p and the 'Auto' quality setting will play so blurry that you won't be able to read a single word on the screen. This is my 3rd LMS system and as exciting as all the functionality available is, it doesn't compare with the countless hours you will have to spend troubleshooting for users. Unless you have a dedicated person on your team to make learning and managing this system a full-time job, stay away. A wide range of functionality is useless if it creates more work than the solutions it provides. Their customer support is slowwwwww and they want to charge you for everything. Want to upload records from a previous LMS? there is a charge for that. Want to have them upload a new image to the login page? There is a charge for that. My suggestion for you is to spend some time upfront and meet with multiple vendors. Unless you need all of the bells and whistles included in Cornerstone go with a company that is focused on being a good LMS and not a jack of all trades.

Quality product, poor support, costly price tag

Bewertet am 24.5.2018
Jamie D.
Learning Management System Administrator, Training Specialist
Maschinerie, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We use Cornerstone LMS to manage our global employee training. It supports SCORM tutorials, videos, and materials, as well as robust reporting.

Vorteile: Full functionality for an LMS. Can integrate with many other Enterprise systems. New learner experience features are bringing a modern approach to corporate learning. They have started to support xAPI.

Nachteile: Their Global Product Support has had issues for several years. Response times on tickets are bad. The cost can be quite high compared to other LMS companies. They demnd a certain percentage increase each year even if it isn't justified.

An excellent way to organize and provide employee training.

Bewertet am 25.9.2019
Senior HR Specialist
Groߟhandel, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have used the Learning module for a few years and added in the performance and recruiting modules. My focus is on the Learning and Core modules.

Vorteile: There is so much we can do to improve our employee education / training with the system.

Nachteile: We are not using the software to it's full extent so there is a lot of clean up to do. We are also part of a larger corporation so I'm not able to use some of the new features without assistance from the lead organization.

Really need a reliable LMS for company needs

Bewertet am 9.9.2019
Valerie P.
Director of Learning & Development
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I would enjoy more training on every functionality that we may not know that we are using.

Vorteile: We hold all learning transcripts on the LMS. We build courses and assign all learning to every employee. We love the reporting function and constant updates.

Nachteile: It is hard to get the right information when you need it immediately. If you join a call for questions, most of the times it is full and you have to wait until the next day. The person who sells it to you doesn't support you after.

Great LMS for Larger Businesses with Extensive Training Needs

Bewertet am 15.4.2019
Sara C.
HR Compliance
Essen & Trinken, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The ability to create groups and assign training to those groups systematically.

Nachteile: This may just be the way our company has set it up, but for me, reporting is not always intuitive. When you assign training as part of a bundle such as "New hire", "Annual recertification", ect. the individual class inside the bundle doesn't pull in report by that course name. You must select every bundle in which the course is assigned to get an accurate report of completions.

A great Talent Mgmt Portal

Bewertet am 8.10.2019
Sharon T.
Instructional Designer
Einzelhandel, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Lets you assign complex training (curriculums) to a complex organization and groups. Reporting is basic.

Vorteile: LMS, onboarding, performance management, collaboration and communication, social - everything you need for talent management in a corporation/

Nachteile: The admin side is very difficult to use. Also, Cornerstone has the habit of halfway launching new features without fully "baking" them. They push out "flashy" features to gain new clients but dont execute well at all.

High Quality, Dependable LMS...Without Costing a Fortune

Bewertet am 25.1.2017
Kyle F.
Corporate Training Manager
Versorgungsunternehmen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Have been a customer with Cornerstone for 6 years, and definitely a big supporter of the project. I have used many other LMS platforms in the past, and Cornerstone is unique in that it provides much of the customization ability directly to the customer...meaning little to no extra customization fees. On top of that, very little outage or technical issues overall. Excellent product which I'd highly recommend.

Vorteile: Administrative capabilities and overall ease of use for end users.

Nachteile: Learning curve for admins

Awesome LMS and Company--definitely a leader in the business

Bewertet am 15.12.2015
Becky M.
Instructional Designer

Kommentare: One of the things that helped Cornerstone stand out from other LMS vendors was the company itself. Their culture was very similar to our own company culture, which was a plus. However, I think we were most impressed with their communication, support, and resources. Once we decided to go with Cornerstone, we were given ample time to learn how to administer the LMS and test things in a pilot environment before moving to production. Even 1 year later, we are still checking in quarterly with our support specialist, Jamie. In addition to our support specialist, there are tons of resources in the Cornerstone community--help topics, discussion groups, webinars, and release emails that tell us about new features that roll out every quarter. You definitely don't feel like you're alone when you go with Cornerstone--they have an excellent product and excellent support. It also looks very user friendly! I love the Cornerstone branding and colors. As with any LMS, there's a lot to learn and manage--so the ramp-up does take a lot of time. I still feel like there's a lot for me to learn in just the Learning Cloud! Our team has also tried to figure out a couple of workarounds for certain issues, like SCORM 2004 reporting. There was a custom report we wanted to create, but could not do within the current platform. Turns out, there are some things that require an additional back-end cost. If you're looking at different LMS companies, definitely have a pretty detailed idea of the types of things you want to do in the LMS, so you can figure out if it's possible in the Cornerstone platform. Have some goals in mind and make sure they align with what Cornerstone can do.

Growing and Innovating

Bewertet am 16.8.2019
Kari V.
LMS Analyst
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It has transformed our Learning and Development department and we'd be lost without it.

Vorteile: I've been using Cornerstone for 4+ years and in that time they have grown by leaps and bounds - as a company and as a software solution. I like they they are innovative and updating the softward to meet our needs.

Nachteile: That you cannot edit groups. We create many groups for our assignments and there needs a way to be able to edit them.

Cornerstone Learning Module

Bewertet am 17.11.2015
Amy S.
Manager of Learning Solutions

Kommentare: When I think about pros and cons of the Cornerstone LMS what I find as the biggest benefit is the innovation that they have and that they are the leader in the Learning space. For CSOD their primary focus is on the Learning module. They do offer a full Talent suite but their Learning offering is their bread and butter. Other vendors may have a Learning Module but originally are in a different space like Recruiting or Talent or Core HR and are spending their R&D efforts their instead of on Learning. So a Pro is definitely that the Learning Module get's a lot of focus and attention. Based on my personal experience here is a more detailed list of Pros and Cons:
Pros:
- The portal is natively mobile responsive so it scales to different devices
- The video streaming service is very nicely done and helps clients that are bandwidth challenged
- The application is one code base making it more consistent within itself then other LMSs that are patchworked from acquisitions or customizations
-There is a social component called Connect that is tied to learning, this feature is still evolving but is promising and is beyond where their competitors are
Cons:
-CSOD is still a young company with immature processes in regards to testing and release management
-CSOD adds new features based on what is needed to seal the deal with prospective clients (if you want the feature, ask for it as part of your contract) and based off of a voting system
-CSOD support is lacking, if you go with them I would strongly encourage diligent case management and follow up by a detail oriented individual
-CSOD off shores a lot of their tech and engineering work

2-years strong

Bewertet am 6.11.2015
Stacie S.
Sr. ISD

Kommentare: We converted from hosting our own LMS to the CSOD cloud-based solution a little over 2-years ago. Let me say, the conversion was painful! Not necessarily a result of CSOD, but a result of moving data from one system to another. Now that we have been using the system for 2 years, I can say they all "sell" you similar ways of doing things. Proxies; groups; learning plans; transcripts; oh my! The list goes on and on CSOD pitched the best product based on our use cases and our needs. We did come to find out that perception is not always reality. Meaning, they will tell you (and show you) there is a way to accomplish that scenario, but it is not always that straight forward once the system is yours to implement. To summarize my thoughts, here are a list of my pros and cons... Pros:
They communicate changes for upcoming releases relatively well
You can network with other clients
You are assigned a client success manager (we have had several; some good and some mediocre)
The company makes system changes based on customer requests
You can create complex curricula in a easy to follow player
The interface is customizable
You can review a course
Cons:
We have had features turned on without requesting it
There is often a sow turn-around on support issues
Code changes often cause strange things to occur could they QA better?
It is difficult to assign training through My Team if you have indirect reports
Reporting is overwhelming and there are so many options to create one; they are almost impossible to run if you are not an admin of the system
The course reviews are buried

I love the ease of the program

Bewertet am 31.7.2019
Marissa M.
Facillitator
Unterhaltung, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I don't have any issues with this program. It took a while to get switched from a sales representative user to a facilitator administrator within the system but I believe that was an issue internally. I like how easy it is to use this program. As a facilitator, I had to assign training, review, rate, pull reports and many other tasks within this program and everything was so easy and simple to use.

Vorteile: I like how easy it is to use this program. As a facilitator, I had to assign training, review, rate, pull reports and many other tasks within this program and everything was so easy and simple to use.

Nachteile: I don't have any issues with this program. It took a while to get switched from a sales representative user to a facilitator administrator within the system but I believe that was an issue internally.

Cornerstone LMS Review

Bewertet am 9.9.2019
Max C.
LMS Administrator
Einzelhandel, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: - Reporting functionality
- Consistency throughout most of the interface
- Easy to find training on the Client Success Center
- Learner Home

Nachteile: - Outdated portions of the interface (Forms, emails)
- Cornerstone tends to roll out new features that are not ready to be rolled out
- Odd one off hard and fast rules (learner home having the "Add Subject" covering banners)

Complex tool

Bewertet am 19.8.2019
Learning Management System Administrator
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Learning Assignment tool and the new Reporting feature. They are more modern and user friendly, intuitive to use.

Nachteile: The tool is very complex. There are too many permissions, rules and options to consider when taking any action. Sometimes the features you are using are not working because of a step you missed or a box you did not flag along the way.