Über CircleCI

CircleCI ist eine gemeinsame Plattform für fortlaufende Integration und kontinuierliche Bereitstellung (CI/CD).

Erfahre mehr über CircleCI

Bewertungen zu CircleCI

CircleCI hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,5 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 76 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du CircleCI bereits verwendet?

Luis carlos C.
Luis carlos C.
Data Analyst in Guatemala

Good for CI/CD and also for automating smaller tasks

Kommentare: We use CircleCI for our CI/CD pipeline almost every single day. It manages and runs automated tests for all the remote branches, so we can catch issues before they escalate. When ever something gets merged into our dev, staging or master branches, it auto tests, builds and deploy all the infrastructure with Terraform and pushes the newer version to docker.

The pipelines can be broken into different steps, which makes debugging, managing and approving individual phases way easier. Also, looking at the logs and being able to share static permalinks to them is quite useful when you have larger teams. We all can see the progress of the building pipelines in real time and can debug and manage them. Great tool over all.

Sometimes it fails and doesn't immediately let's you go to debug the issue. Also, some settings for the VMs are tricky to set up right.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Jenkins

Tahmidul I.
CTO in UK
E-Learning, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Great once you're all set up

- Easy to understand yaml config format - Integration with GitHub - Workflows for powerful deployment and release strategies - Good community support

- I am not the biggest fan of the recent UI update. If the "expand" toggle is set to true, everything jumps resulting in me clicking things unintentionally. - Many of us have workflows that we do not use on every push (e.g. deploying to testing). With the next UI changes, the UI has a timer column which is always updating, why??? - Why can't I select a default project? When I now browse to circleci, I always have to select a project. Most developers only ever work on one project at a time, let us choose one!

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: GitHub

Gründe für den Wechsel zu CircleCI: GitHub actions did not support click to approve workflows at the time. Although, now they do offer a viable solution, it may be something we look into.

Jeffrey K.
Engineering Manager in USA
Internet, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Does the job, but lacking in features

3 vor 3 Wochen Neu

It's relatively simple to get started. I like that you can pick between Docker and VMs. It integrates with GitHub nicely.

The Docker in Docker paradigm doesn't work for us since we use containers. We end up using VMs anyways. I think the configuration language is not that great to use and can quickly get unwieldy for larger CI workflows (especially when repeating jobs with different parameters). There are also outages at least once a quarter.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: GitHub

Yeamin R.
Senior DevOps Engineer in Australien
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

CircleCI is a cool Continous Integration tool

4 letzten Monat Neu

The codability of CircleCI makes it very useful as we can checkout the `circleci/config.yaml` in our VCS and peer review is possible.

While YAML code is convenient and preferable by many developers, it's good to have a GUI based pipeline tool where we can drag and drop steps and jobs.

Senior Developer in UK
Computer-Software, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

One of the top CI/CD service

With a Github/Bitbucket account, it is easy to setup the CircleCI account. It automatically detects all the repositories. We can easily add the configuration file and start using the pipelines. Various customisation and parallelisation options are provided. Lot of possibilities for automation and customisation. Overall a good product.

It was bit of a hassle to start first, the configuration were not very easy. Also struggled a bit to manage various Github organisations. Once easy and setup, it's easy and fast.

Ogaga O.
Security Analyst in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Continuous Integration and Deployment made easy

It's easy to integrate most of the industry products with CircleCI, including tools used for Quality and Security. You only need some level of programming to get through the integration process. It works well for our model and we do not need the full DevOps suite to use Circle CI

There is nothing to dislike about this product.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Bitbucket

Warum CircleCI gewählt wurde: Jenkins was having a lot of complications integrating with newer industry tools and some members of the team were not comfortable using Jenkins.

Zuvor genutzte Software: Jenkins

Donovan G.
Head of QA in UK
Druck, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Great, easy to use CI tool

Kommentare: Overall it is great. It is fast, reliable, and easy to use. Just the tactics on how they handle customers are something that is lacking.

It is so simple to set up, run, manage and maintain. It gives really fast feedback and is so versatile. This should be the standard way of doing automated pipelines.

For some of the pretty common things, like iOS app builds the costs escalate very quickly. Also, their sales team is very aggressive in how they push for upgrades, to the point of removing key items being used in the pipelines to force upgrades.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: GitLab

Warum CircleCI gewählt wurde: It is so much better

Zuvor genutzte Software: Jenkins

Michael R.
Michael R.
Software Engineering Manager (Lightbox) in Neuseeland
Telekommunikation, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Continuously improving over the years

Responsive support, much faster builds now I can easily parallelize things with Workflows 2.0. Very easily integrated with GitHub and other code-quality services. Able to build in macOS if necessary.

I would like the ability to specify resources available to a machine, fine to charge more for this feature. I would like to use Workflows 2.0 with macOS builds. It would also be great to be able to specify which docker images are cached on all executors, fine to charge more for this feature.

Krista S.
Associate Back End Engineer in USA

CircleCI enables continuous integration

4 vor 4 Wochen Neu

I like how easy it is to see failed tests and to re-run the test suite, if needed.

I don't have any problems using CircleCI -- sometimes the test suites take a long time to run, but I think that has more to do with how robust our test suite is than anything to do with CircleCI.

Joshua H.
QA Automation Engineer in USA
Computer-Software, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Great and powerful with Cypress

5 vor 2 Monaten Neu

We use CircleCi, extensively, for various suites of Cypress tests for many repos as part of our PR process and for scheduled test runs. It has been working great as there are may orbs that allow use to use the best of CircleCi.

None so far with the user level I have experienced.

Full Time Translator in Algerien
Verlagswesen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

The right CI system for our DevOps

Kommentare: We used this CI/CD management software to deliver the products as fast as we can to test the water (product-market fit, validation...), then iterate, and pivoting quickly if needed. It's a good tool to do all of that.

These features helped us with fixing issues and shipping more: Configuration Management, Build Log and Approval Workflow. All of that made our workplace headache-free and reduce the number of sleepless nights for our developers...

The software lacks these features: Chat/Messaging, Authentication and Assignment Management.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: GitHub, Travis CI und Incredibuild

Warum CircleCI gewählt wurde: Clients request

Zuvor genutzte Software: GitLab

Steve P.
Lead Developer Advocate in USA

Best UX for SaaS CI

When I first starting using CircleCI with version 1 I loved the simplicity. Every code would execute the commands in a relatively simple yml file. Version 2 is far more powerful and flexible. It took me a while to get used to but I still find Circle's ease of use to make it my choice over others.

Version 2 has a lot of complexity that can make it hard to get started with. Their Orbs concept is bringing back some simplicity.

Petr V.
Petr V.
CTO in Tschechien
Finanzdienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Battle tested and well documented

Kommentare: Satisfied ;)

One of the market leaders. You can bet it is going to be here for at least next few years and your one off implementation and deployment of this service will do for long time without ay significant change and it will serve you reliably.

For some not_totaly_standartd deployments or integrations it is (as many similar products) a bit tricky. But thanks to the huge community you can find some solution for pretty much everything quite quickly.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Travis CI

Oystein T.
Developer in Norwegen
Eventservice, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Good product for our ci needs

Easy to use and mac build system. Docker integration

User system. Only github and sometimes that is a struggle

Mark Q.
CTO in USA

Some quirks but overall it's a product we rely on and use every day

CircleCI is highly configurable for many different types of workflows. We rely on CircleCI for continuous deployment. Our tests automatically run and deploy code to the correct environment depending on the branch it's pushed to. It's also generally reliable these days. Reliability was an issue for us a few years ago but those issues are mostly gone now.

Since CircleCI is highly configurable it can also be difficult to build out a custom flow that works the way you need it to. We spent more time than we wanted to getting our automated deployment system set up.

Dennis L.
Developer in Kanada

CircleCI is a blessing

Kommentare: CircleCI is crucial to what we're doing and it's powerful. I've enjoyed using it for awhile now.

It's powerful, it's got lots of features, and the customization is limitless. CircleCI improves the developer experience many times over. It's also fairly reliable, and makes handling a large project simpler.

It can go down sometimes, debugging can be a bit hard and cryptic. Support is also fairly lackluster.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Travis CI

Gründe für den Wechsel zu CircleCI: CircleCI is cheaper.

Ben M.
Head of Development Technologies in USA
Internet, 11-50 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

An amazing product that revolutionized our testing and deployment processes!

CircleCI does everything we want in a CI product, and it works in the way that we want to use it (which is visiting the CircleCI user interface as little as possible). It offers very solid integrations with other services (such as Slack and GitHub) and it works well for managing an entire team's projects without getting too cluttered.

It can be slow. Especially if you don't have a lot of parallelism, but even sometimes if you do, it can take a couple of minutes just to deploy minor changes sometimes. This isn't much of a problem in reality, it just means you might need a different approach to your deployment process (one that doesn't require you to sit and wait for CircleCI to run before you move on).

Mehak A.
Software Engineer in Indien
Computer-Software, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

One of te best on cloud CI/CD for all kinds of application.

Kommentare: Used it with a number of applications, the GIT integration was very smooth. It is used for the deployment of the master on test and production environment by simple pull request creation and branch merge.

The great configurational freedom to the user makes it suitable for any and all kinds of applications. The step by step view provided is very helpful UI to track the whole process. The YML templates make it very easy to set up and the git configuration part is very well documented and just a few steps can make it work.

The pricing of the tool is a bit on the higher side compared to its competitors. Docker support is not complete.

Andy B.
Head of Engineering in Neuseeland

Easy continuous build and deployment system

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: We have automated unit testing, deployment and managing pipelines so no one has to do it manually.

Easy to manage pipelines and deployment to multiple servers and to manage versions from GitHub. Easy to restart pipelines or particular deployments.

New UI feels less intuitive than the old one, but does work well. Sometimes errors can be hard to track down, but think that may be our configuration / setup rather than CircleCI itself.

Alvaro I.
Alvaro I.
Director of Web Development in Kolumbien
Internet, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

automated test do it right

- Is integrated with several tools like slack - Configure a project is simple and quick, and most of the cases once you have done this, you will not need to log in into the platform. You will have build going in a couple of hours. - I have it running in several project and works really well.

- Pricing could be a little bit better I guess or have a better free plan for beginners, I don't think any cons of using CircleCI actually.

Timothy M.
VP Of Development in USA

Great tool

Kommentare: We have been able to do some incredible things with Circle CI as our continuous integration and deployment tool. Definitely recommend!

The flexibility of configuring build environments for various technologies stacks and needs is key. Circle CI provides some getting started assistance through documentation and tooling, and once you’re past that there really is very little in terms of constraints holding you back from near infinite flexibility. It’s a great service!

The threshold of minimum knowledge required to get started is a bit higher than some of the competitors.

Michal R.
Developer in Slowakei

CircleCI CI/CD

Kommentare: It automates many repetitive tasks such as running the tests, building and deployment to various environments and it makes my life easier.

I am using CircleCI within many projects and I like it - its feature-rich, supports every usecase we need and from my perspective is absolutely sufficient as CI/CD tool for projects I was working on. It also has free plan which could be enough for smaller teams or projects.

Not very often, but still, sometimes an inexplicable black magic happens and it requires a bit of debugging and reconfiguring of the project or the CircleCI.

Yasmany C.
Yasmany C.
Scrum Master And Development Team Lead in Venezuela
11-50 Mitarbeiter

CI/CD with few lines

Kommentare: Integration with IOs allow us to build and test the mobile apps and automatize our whole CI/CD pipeline

Sine the release of circleci v2.0 using containers as the main advantage using circle has become much simpler and powerfull. Their integration with IOs its a powerup in front of other CI/CD platforms

The ui really needs to cleanup a bit, make it simpler. Also their need to provide more integrations with third party tools

Darrell "jeremy" F.
Darrell "jeremy" F.
Cofounder and CTO in USA

Great build/deploy tool

Kommentare: It's quick, easy to set up, and I like it. There are some usability fixes that are needed around user maangement, but otherwise, it's great! And works with all of the languages I use out of the box, and with no configuration.

CircleCI was great and easy to set up. It allows me to see what's going on with all of my builds quickly and in real time.

The user management is not very good. I have 5 contributors to a repo, and I can only add two of them as users. I can't even add users that aren't a contributor to the repo. My boss, my QA people, and my PMs can't see anything that's happening in the platform.

Noah S.
Noah S.
Software Architect in USA
Internet, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

I love CI about as much as Circle does

The simplicity of configuration is unparalleled. We use CI on new projects day one. The ease of use, and setup, is definitely what keeps us coming back.

Lack of tools for multi project repos. We would love to keep our front and back-end code together in one repo while splitting the CI for them. So, it'd be great if we could run two builds separately based on the same repo.