uLaw Practice Bewertungen

von Superfluid Software

Filtern nach:

Über uLaw Practice

Eine cloudbasierte, integrierte Lösung für Praxismanagement, Buchhaltung und Anderkonto-Buchhaltung; System jederzeit, auf jedem Gerät und an jedem Ort verfügbar.

Erfahre mehr über uLaw Practice

Timothy E.
Owner / Paralegal
  • Bewertet am 25.1.2019

"Customer Support"

Kommentare: I have used several law software programs in the last 10 years and I believe this one is the best and most comprehensive on the market.

Vorteile: When you have an issue and can’t figure it out, they have created YouTube Videos or you can email and they will contact you quickly to solve your issue.

Nachteile: I truly after using it for 2 years have not found any cons to mention.

• Bewertet am 25.1.2019
Jessica C.
Legal Assistant
  • Bewertet am 20.1.2020

"Use Friendly"

Kommentare: So far this software seems to be extremely beneficial. For the most part it's saving me time and making my job that much easier.

Vorteile: I like that this software is extremely user friendly.

Nachteile: It's almost too easy to use. I tend to keep trying to make things more complicated than they are which is taking up more time. But this has more to do with being used to previous software than a problem with THIS software.

von Superfluid Software an 23.1.2020

Thank you for such a sweet and kind feedback

• Bewertet am 20.1.2020
Mark G.
  • Bewertet am 27.7.2016

"I'm happy I went with ULaw"

Kommentare: From the start, ULaw has been a good program to work with. It may not be quite as user friendly as the ads would suggest, but the customer support is really good.

Vorteile: It is great to manage the accounting end of the business.

Nachteile: Some of the forms do not populate as well as they should, are incomplete, or do not allow for adjustments. I wish I could upload my own letter templates, which would speed my work up significantly.

• Bewertet am 27.7.2016
Ian W.
  • Bewertet am 5.12.2016

"ULaw - A cost-effective Canadian practice management software that gets the job done."

Kommentare: I have been in private practice as a paralegal since 1992 but have only been using ULaw for the last four years. For years I had used QuickBooks but it was the document generation feature in ULaw that first caught my attention. This was not something I could find in any other practice management software at that price point. This feature alone has saved me enough time in legal document production to make it more than worth the price. Originally only Small Claims Court documents were available but they have been introducing new areas on a regular basis. It is clear that the ULaw team works hard to make their product better. I have occasionally considered other practice management software but every time I have ULaw has introduced a new feature that keeps me onboard. These include features like the Dashboard, Quick View, Analytics & even Calendar & Document Vault sync, to name a few. Sometimes it is hard to keep up with the new features. Perhaps most importantly, ULaw is structured to enable compliance with the Law Society requirements as outlined in the LSUC rules of practice. From the client intake documents to the required financial reporting, ULaw does this 'in the background' so to speak so that any practitioner can focus on the actual work instead of being bogged down in regulation compliance. It should be made clear however that ULaw is a database 'program' and so not as intuitive as some of the spreadsheet-based programs. Also, errors cannot be simply deleted but additional correcting entries are required. That is the nature of a database. A further area of potential improvement is that while it is now possible to launch an email from a Contact in ULaw the software doesn't keep track of client emails like it does for documents. Overall perhaps the best feature of ULaw is not the software itself but the team behind the product. I have found their service team to be quick to respond and their development team repeatedly reaches out to their clients for ideas and feedback.
No software is perfect or does everything you might want but dollar for dollar I consider ULaw to really punch above its weight class. I would recommend this for any paralegal office and indeed it is the software that I use for my private practice and my partnerships.

• Bewertet am 5.12.2016
Mark S.
  • Bewertet am 17.10.2019

"Highly Recommend uLaw"

Kommentare: - the best solution I've used (it's simple, yet robust)
- the user support is amazing
- online videos are extremely helpful

Vorteile: - web-based application (no upgrades)
- integration with various cloud storage solutions (e.g. Google Drive, Dropbox etc.)
- easy customization capability
- BI capability
- simplifies compliance reports for licensee bylaws

Nachteile: - could be expanded to generate data required for TAX filing for proprietors, partnerships, and corporations
- it would be worth it as a possible premium package feature

• Bewertet am 17.10.2019
Prem N.
Licensed Paralegal
  • Bewertet am 4.12.2019

"Daily Bread for me."

Vorteile: The customer support I get 24x7 and the very courteous support staff. It's only a question of getting used to the software and that leads to knowing where to book what and finding each tab. I think this is a boon for a Paralegal like me as I enjoy using both the desktop version and the mobile app. very much. The convenience uLaw gives me is something one has to use and experience. Not to forget the weekly webinars they provide that also doubles up as CPD hours. Now they have also started providing accounting help too. Definitely recommend!

Nachteile: Some of the forms need to be updated.
Size of fonts when we open calendar.

• Bewertet am 4.12.2019
Carolina B.
  • Bewertet am 6.12.2019

"Extremely happy with Ulaw!"

Kommentare: I am very happy with this software. The support team is great and very helpful. They are usually available to assist me by phone if I need it and have always responded well to my feedback. I asked that a few changes be made in order to satisfy the requirements of the Law Society after a spot audit and they took action right away and made me feel much more at ease!

Vorteile: I really like how easy it is to navigate the software and that it follows all of the law society bookkeeping guidelines. I also really enjoy that it is web based and that I can access the software from anywhere.

Nachteile: Sometime it is slow. Other than that there are no issues.

• Bewertet am 6.12.2019
Amanda R.
Paralegal/Owner
  • Bewertet am 11.12.2019

"Absolutely Necessary for All Legal Practitioners"

Kommentare: Amazing. Have been using it for years and highly recommend it. I have used PCLaw and Clio in the past and ULaw is the best cloud based software to manage client files and bookkeeping all in one.

Vorteile: It is LSO complaint and easy to use. I love that I do not need a bookkeeper and can view my business on a regular basis through Ulaw insights.

Nachteile: Error messages occurring after trying to save dockets.

• Bewertet am 11.12.2019
Sourena S.
  • Bewertet am 23.10.2019

"Efficient Software"

Kommentare: I like it.

Vorteile: It helps with the day to day practice. I also reapply appreciate the quick email support which is great!

Nachteile: Some of the features seems to be irreversible, which makes error correction difficult and sometimes impossible.

• Bewertet am 23.10.2019
Andres A.
  • Bewertet am 29.11.2016

"Highly recommended"

Kommentare: I was audited by the Law Society a couple of weeks ago. They were impressed bout the functionality of the software and they even went on saying that with the features of ULaw I will not need to hire a bookkeeper, which will help me to save a lot of money. ULaw has helped me to comply with the Law Society Rules in a cheap and efficient way without the need of outsourcing work to third parties.

Vorteile: It is cheap and intuitive, designed to comply with the Law Society Rules

Nachteile: Sometimes it takes a lot to load the page, and some features are confusing

• Bewertet am 29.11.2016
Peter R.
Paralegal/Owner
  • Bewertet am 14.9.2017

"Very positive. It has many useful features and customer support is always ready to help."

Kommentare: It helps me with my tracking of clients and allows to track the progress of a case. Also it helps me keep track of upcoming dates, invoicing and contact information. I rely heavily on ulaw for all of this information and it has been a tremendous help. I like how it gave me all the information I needed for the auditor. The dashboard feature is helpful and quick view which helps give me reminders on what's coming up. I am able to produce invoices for clients that not only show the time and dates, but enter what I was doing during the time. I was complimented by the law society of upper Canada auditor for that, which is a team effort by ulaw staff and I. I would very much recommend it to a colleague and find it a fun system and quite user friendly. I cannot say enough about the support staff who are always there. I work odd hours and it's vital having what seems to be round the clock support if I run into a jam.

Vorteile: Easy invoicing and the statements of activity that help me keep track of a file's progress. I find that this enables to keep track of a case and who owes me money. I also like that it breaks down where I am spending the most time on each case and my contact with any particular client. Overall, very good. I also like the option of the free webinars, which help me save money. That is vital for a small business and sole owner.

Nachteile: Some of the features are a little confusing, but you get used to them. And again customer support is always there to help. And although I like the option of the webinars I feel that sometimes the instructors jump around and talk too fast. I am hard of hearing and sometimes find it hard to follow when they do so. I would also like a little more flexibility when it comes to the retainer. I do not operate a trust account for example, a retainer reflecting that would be helpful. All minor issues and 1 more, just to keep an eye on the typos which tend to come up. A lawyer or a paralegal sending out such letters may be viewed as incompetent.

• Bewertet am 14.9.2017
Mark S.
  • Bewertet am 27.7.2017

"Efficient, Intuitive, Essential!"

Kommentare: Simplified compliance reporting,
Simplified billing,
Simplified form printing,
Simplified contact management and file management,
Simplified accounting,
Simplified business as a whole :)

Vorteile: uLaw Practice saves so much time that it pays for itself. By simply inputting the most basic, day-to-day transactions into it, uLaw not only calculates everything you need to ensure all of your accounts are balancing, but it also prepares every compliance document you'll ever need in case you're ever audited by your respective Law Society (e.g. fee books, trust reconciliations, etc.).
I don't know how anyone would be able to survive an audit without uLaw.
It's also highly customizable allowing you to upload your own logos and letterhead to be printed automatically on your forms.

Nachteile: The only "con" I can think of for this software would be that I didn't sign up for it sooner! I recommend it to every legal professional practicing.

• Bewertet am 27.7.2017
Anar D.
  • Bewertet am 6.5.2018

"Ulaw is easy to use, affordable and has excellent customer service. "

Kommentare: Makes it very easy to create client files and comply with trust/general account compliance.

Vorteile: The ulaw software makes it very easy to comply with the Rules of Professional Conduct (Law Society of Ontario) especially with Knowing your Client requirements. Ulaw allows you to generate an initial conflict check form and client identification/verification form. I recently went through the LSO Practice Management Audit, and the LSO was very impressed with Ulaw's Inital Conflict Check form because it allowed the form includes the steps the lawyer undertook to perform the conflict checks.

Nachteile: If you make a accounting error it is hard to rectify it if you don't understand how the software works or accounting principles.

• Bewertet am 6.5.2018
Lori anne T.
Lawyer/Principal Owner
  • Bewertet am 22.8.2017

"Great web-based alternative to PC Law!"

Kommentare: Able to work on my files and accounting from anywhere.

Vorteile: I like that it is web-based. It combines all of the functions needed for a law firm practice, including criminal and family.
I like the function that allows me to import my banking information. It is helpful to switch between client matters and accounting.
The customer service is extremely responsive and you don't have to pay extra for their support. They have altered areas that need improvement.

Nachteile: I wish it had more functionality with iPhones. It would be helpful to automatically allow update of monthly expenses (parking).
Entering in expenses is some cumbersome, but detailed.
Cannot delete default items (such as tenant or contract legal work) or contacts or matters that were entered in error. Makes it cluttered and annoying to search.

• Bewertet am 22.8.2017
Ram S.
  • Bewertet am 26.7.2017

"Easy to use; versatile and importantly, mobile. I have been using this for almost 18 months now. "

Kommentare: I use it all the time for my work... from office, at court and at home.

Vorteile: Excellent feedback and help when requested. Easy to use for a non-technical person like me. Easily navigable; well presented; easy to enter data and information. Importantly, being mobile, I can use it anywhere on the go. I am not rooted to a main office.

Nachteile: Nothing really. I looked for a mobile platform when purchasing an accounting program for lawyers and I was scared of getting stuck with the generally traditionally large software programs in a set office. I found u law and have recommended it to many colleagues without hesitation.

• Bewertet am 26.7.2017
Adrienne N.
Partner
  • Bewertet am 21.9.2018

"Using uLaw for the past 2 years"

Vorteile: Takes away the headache and pain of LSO compliance; deals with both practice management and accounting all in one platform for a fantastic price.

Nachteile: The user interface is not the most intuitive or user-friendly. However, whenever I can't figure out how to do something, customer service is always extremely responsive and all the ball.

• Bewertet am 21.9.2018
Jelena U.
  • Bewertet am 16.9.2018

"Excellent bookkeeping and accounting software"

Kommentare: Our firm has been using uLaw for almost 2 years and we could not be happier. We use it for invoicing and bookkeeping. We recently had a Law Society audit, which went really well thanks to uLaw records

Vorteile: Software is easy to use for client contacts, docketing, invoicing and bookkeeping. It is compliant with the requirements of the Law Society of Ontario, which is very helpful.

Nachteile: Invoices and receipts can be personalized with firm logo, but the quality of the banner is poor. It would be better if the banners could be improved

• Bewertet am 16.9.2018
Leonard H.
Licensed Paralegal
  • Bewertet am 13.3.2019

"Unbelievably good software package!"

Kommentare: New Paralegals, lawyers, this software is powerful enough to keep you on track at a reasonable cost. Overall, I'd have to say it's the best software package I have ever invested in.

Vorteile: It makes my life so much easier. Fully compliant with Law Society of Ontario Rules. Great features, amazing matter management. Full accounting. I like everything about this product. And here's the absolute best thing about the product....THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS BEYOND AMAZING! You want a quick response...you want your problem solved or question answered - send an email and watch how fast you get a response! I've emailed at night, weekends, you name it and I always get a quick reply.

Nachteile: Taking a while to get to know all the features because there are SO MANY. Not really a Con but the closest thing to one.

• Bewertet am 13.3.2019
Sina H.
  • Bewertet am 26.4.2016

"uLaw makes Lawyering Easy, so u Have More Time for Lawyering"

Kommentare: uLawPractice is an online practice management software that enables sole practitioners and small law firms to more effectively manage their practice from anywhere at any time. It securely integrates all silos of practice management into a unified interface that can be securely accessed from any browser and mobile devices. Practitioners like me can quickly manage their clients, record time, actions, notes, future events, disbursements and trust account in a matter-centric interface. This cloud based practice management solution provides faster access to information, manages client matters and documents with ease, and it can generate invoices and documents in 1-click in full conformance to LSUC bookkeeping guidelines. uLawPractice can dramatically cut administrative overhead at month-end, thus creating more billable time. A cloud based practice management software like uLawPractice makes my life simple in managing clients, files, and practice management aspects of my practice. uLaw provides me with all the tools I need for my daily practice at a very affordable price. Pros
-easy time docketing, disbursement recording
-automatic generation of the most common legal forms (and compliance with Law Society standards/requirements)
-EXCELLENT customer service
-perfect for determining income, expenses, for tax season
-accessible on any browser
-very affordable
Cons
-needs an internet connection (but that's the whole point of cloud software)

• Quelle des Nutzers
  • Bewertet am 26.4.2016
Dwayne H.
  • Bewertet am 19.4.2017

"Overall Product Quality"

Kommentare: I just want to say, your product is amazing! I just completed my full practice audit by the Law Society and it was very helpful in it's ability to bring up the required documents on request and completed fully to their standard. The ease in which it does this was extremely helpful and saved the associated stress that goes with having to have all compliance documents at hand. I don't think I could have done it without your product. Without a doubt it is the best value for money spent in my practice.
Thank you.

• Bewertet am 19.4.2017
Nermine A.
  • Bewertet am 29.7.2017

"Life Saver!"

Kommentare: If you do not have an accounting background, it can take a little time to understand it. However, once you understand it, it is intuitive, and there is plenty of support to assist you along the way.

Vorteile: When I opened my practice, I did A LOT of research about software. I wanted software that would not only support client management, but also something to manage the accounting side of things. Lastly, I wanted to find something that was on the cloud so that I can access the software from any computer and from any location and not worry about computer crashes and the possibility of losing any information. This was the only software that met every one of those needs. The best thing of all is that they know the law society rules for compliance and have made it extraordinarily simply to live up to those rules. I am not worried about LSUC audits.

• Bewertet am 29.7.2017
Rachel C.
Office Manager, Legal Assistant
  • Bewertet am 17.9.2018

"Ulaw"

Kommentare: They have been very reactive and very helpful when we needed assistance.

Vorteile: Ease of use.
Internet based data accessible anywhere

Nachteile: The billable / trust info on the MATTER screen is confusing. (However, they have improved that by adding the Trust button). The set up of accounts can be confusing to clients.

• Bewertet am 17.9.2018
Karim B.
  • Bewertet am 4.8.2016

"uLaw Practice management software"

Kommentare: There are many features that comes with the software (some of them I haven't even used yet) and it makes it easy to navigate the basics.

Vorteile: Ease of use and the ability to log in from anywhere.

Nachteile: No app for iphone

• Bewertet am 4.8.2016
Winnie L.
  • Bewertet am 30.8.2016

"Produces LSUC Spot Audit Reports and Client Compliance Docs!"

Kommentare: It is the best compliant product out there for a new sole practitioner on a budget.
The spot audit reports are in the same format as illustrated in LSUC guidelines.
Compliance documents are handsome - the invoices have themes to choose from!
All reports / documents are produced with minimal clicks - very little manual entry and no more cutting / pasting.

Vorteile: Saves time. Reports/documents are attractive.

Nachteile: Software needs to be streamlined for real estate files (ie, auto-input list of standard fees/disbursements). Many sole practitioners practice real estate for low fees. Administration/compliance/banking requirements on real estate files are very laborious.

• Bewertet am 30.8.2016
Winnie L.
Principal Lawyer
  • Bewertet am 7.7.2017

"I love uLaw and the team there knows that! uLaw has my back on LSUC requirements!"

Vorteile: Saves time and money and the uLaw team! uLaw is a compliance focused software that helps ensures our practice management and bookkeeping LSUC required documentation are in place. There are added features to track firm analytics.

• Bewertet am 7.7.2017