Panopto has met all of my needs and then some and the support is phenomenal.

Bewertet am 10.11.2017
Jonathan D.
Flexible Learning Coordinator
Bildungsmanagement, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We were able to give faculty one tool for all of their video creation and editing and storing needs instead of all the various tools they had to use previously to accomplish the same thing. All of the content is now stored on our server so we don't lose access to it if an employee leaves the college. We can live stream our events with it. We can manage all of our video and caption it as well. It provides us a secure way to stream 3rd party video we have an agreement with to share with specific users. Allows for adding quizzes in the video.

Vorteile: I love how it manages our video content. The ability to manage 1000's of videos with ease and update user permissions or move content around all without breaking the link to the video was the biggest selling point for me. Other products I've evaluated managed video very differently and left things more up to the user. If the user were to leave their content would be difficult to hand over to the next person that may need it.
The LMS Integration is excellent. Biggest workflow saver is when an instructor makes a recording in class the hit stop and upload and the video automatically goes into the course it needs to be in and even gives students a progress bar for it. Other products required the instructor to go in after they made the recording and move the video into the course manually or move it into a specific playlist. When an instructor finishes class they don't have time to go moving their recordings around. They need to finish up and leave before the next class starts coming in.
It has so many bells and whistles. Live broadcasting, quizzing that integrates with the LMS Gradebook, scheduled recordings, so many great video player features, the mobile app. It's overall an excellent product and I couldn't find anything else that checked all my boxes.

Nachteile: The recorder has a lot of options in regards to setting the quality when we always encourage our faculty to set it at the highest possible. I wish the recorder could be streamlined so I could start up recordings faster and have a share link go right to my clipboard so I could send it out like how Jing does it. There is value to all of the options on the recorder but I wish they had a lighter weight version.

Simple but Powerful Video Capture and Video Management Tool

Bewertet am 14.2.2019
LMS Administrator
Hochschulbildung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We primarily use Panopto for lecture capture and distance learning. Using Panopto for training and meeting recordings is something that we are just starting to leverage. Having a place to centrally store, share and search through videos has been a great value to our institution. Our integration with Panopto to D2L has provided a simple solution for instructors and students to interact 'face-to-face', even if they are located around the world.

Vorteile: Panopto integrates with our LMS, D2L quite well. It makes the process very simple for our instructors and students to record and watch videos. It does not require any plugins or software to watch videos, as they load up in a web browser. The videos work on mobile and embed easily in courses or on websites. We also enjoy the easy sharing of videos and simplified management in the web portal.

Nachteile: The Panopto Recorder software can be a little bit buggy and simplified. It could use a more modern look and feel. The software does give our end users some trouble - but not the service or website itself. If a student or instructor has an issue with the software, luckily any .mp4 video file can be easily uploaded to Panopto.

Panopto provides me with a reliable, flexible venue for documenting and assessing my students' progress.

Bewertet am 30.1.2019
Frank j. F.
Associate Professor
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: There are many features that I like about Panopto; ease of use is near the top of the list. I have been using it for several years and it is comforting to know how reliable and simple it is to get a recording completed. I have had situations where an opportunity arose and I wanted to capture it for my students to see later, and I simply pulled out my phone and recorded and uploaded it to the Cloud with a few simple clicks. My students love it because regardless of their hardware (PC, phone, iOS device), they can record their assignments and get feedback almost as if they were in front of me. The simple-to-use editing features allow me to update/enhance legacy content enabling me to leverage existing resources. I could go on and on...

Nachteile: Some of the more advanced features are a bit more challenging for some of my students to understand; however, the good news is that the basic features provide more than enough opportunity for successful resource generation.

All round best value for money

Bewertet am 1.11.2017
Matthew B.
Technology Enhanced Learning Facilitator
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Ease of use, Unlimited Cloud Storage for our content, fantastic customer service and support

Vorteile: Panopto has so many useful features such as embedding Youtube videos, Websites, PDFs right into your recorded sessions. This has allowed us to create a learning experience for our students like they haven't seen before. Cloud hosted makes it easy to configure who can see what and when. It has also helped us with CPD training, the ability for a member of staff to record something just once and allow all staff to view it in their own time with quiz questions throughout to check their understanding.

Nachteile: Its great for multiple video feeds at one time but to be able to select mulitple audio source (say several microphones in a conference room) would be benifical. The length of time between updates varies and can be lengthy in between but then they do arrive they don't dissapoint.

Wide ranging benefits for teaching and learning

Bewertet am 6.3.2019
Elora M.
Educational Developer
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: Panopto is available to use by the whole organisation and there are more and more staff who are taking up the opportunity to use it for recording lectures and short videos for students. We often have quite dispersed student groups over different campuses and out most watched videos are often of assignment information and difficult teaching concepts that they need to come back to for clarity.

Vorteile: The software is easy to use and intuitive to find your way around. As the system is software based it is available for staff to use on many devices and students to access content online. Its really flexible to suit the needs of users so that can be recording large lectures or multiple short student uploads.

Nachteile: Captions are always a problem for us we would like to caption all our videos and currently the automatic captioning is not very good. You can send away for captions but there is a high cost if we want lots of content captioned.

Simple yet robust video capture software/service

Bewertet am 3.11.2017
LMS Administrator
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: Using the integration with our LMS, D2L has been a life saver. It simplifies the process for our instructors to record videos and share them with their students. Additionally, students can record back for public speaking classes. We also really appreciate the automatic closed captioning service. While it is not 100% accurate, it does encourage the use of the captions, which is a nice feature.

Nachteile: The recorder can be buggy at times. Some of our users have difficulty installing it. We would love to see a web based advanced editor as well. Right now there is one, but it only works in Internet Explorer.

Coming up to our 9th year with Panopto

Bewertet am 1.3.2019
Graham R.
Managed Learning Environment Manager
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: Over nine years we have gone from a couple of technically leading academics promoting its use to a large scale rollout with half the University asking staff to use it. Almost immediately students asked for it to be mandated.

Vorteile: The software is easy to roll out across a large campus due to its software-only focus and the need for just a microphone. Most steps can be automated and the integration with Blackboard (in our case) allows videos to be secured to classes/modules with no additional steps.

Nachteile: Moving to a fully automated recording workflow requires heavy integration with your timetable system.

Panopto is very easy to use and has many great features.

Bewertet am 13.10.2017
Diego Y.
Information Technology Support Analyst
Hochschulbildung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The ability to make instructional videos and to share them with others.

Vorteile: What I like most about Panopto is how easy it is to choose what you want to record, with what source of audio you want to use, and where to save it. Another good thing is that when your video is all done, there is the ability to edit the video down in case you want to cut out some parts.

Nachteile: The only thing I noticed was that when you would start the recording and then decide to switch to a different audio source, the program would freeze and would have to be restarted.

Great user experience and excellent support

Bewertet am 4.3.2019
Simon T.
Educational Technologist
E-Learning, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: In terms of experience, we've had a really good one. The learning resource it provides and enhancement to our student's experience.

Vorteile: Panopto is reliable and easy to use. Well featured and flexible, Panopto is integrated into our VLE, and used thoughout our institution. Panopto's personal capture tools make it easy to get started creating educational video resources.

Nachteile: Automatic captioning could work better - and transcripts need a fair amount of editing. But hope this will improve as Panopto update their software.

Education Software through Videos

Bewertet am 7.2.2019
Manager OR SPD MANAGER
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Education at Loma Linda University through Videos . LLU online video storage and delivery service. Integrated with Canvas.

Vorteile: Provides great info and you can replay it many times. They have a greally great support team to answer any questions . Education through videos can be very chalenging because interfacing , however Panopto is really great on presenting and being a great tool for education .

Nachteile: Sometimes can be slow . Not sure is because of internet connection or to many users ?

Panopto Review

Bewertet am 26.7.2019
Helen S.
student
Pharmazeutika, Selbstständig

Vorteile: I like how we can listen to past lectures at our own leisure and also be able to listen to it at our own speed. It really helps with studying for exams. Also being able to use it on my phone, ipad, and computer is great, especially when I am driving, I can listen to lectures through my phone app.

Nachteile: When I download the videos, the fast rate has a squeal sound compared to when I listen to it on the app or the site. Sometimes the recording uploads are delayed.

Phenomenal partner, robust product

Bewertet am 2.11.2017
Malcolm E.
Video technology support analyst
Hochschulbildung, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: Panopto's ease of use combined with the rich feature set make it one of the best tools out there for large-scale recording capture and viewing. Users can bring in multiple cameras, mics, screens and applications with just a few clicks and create content that they can share with a chosen group.

Nachteile: The one drawback I have encountered is using the advanced editor as opposed to the basic editor. The advanced version can only be accessed using Internet Explorer.

Simple and effective lecture capture soution

Bewertet am 15.2.2019
Head of e-Learning
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: Panopto is a very user friendly tool which scales well and provides a wide range of facilities to capture educational content. Having rolled this solution out across the enterprise it has performed exceptionally well and has met our expectations. The ability to share content simply is a key selling point for our users.

Nachteile: Nothing negative, the system is user friendly, scales very well meets the expectation of boht staff and students.

Excellent Security, UI, and file management

Bewertet am 30.10.2017
John P.
Video Systems Technician
Hochschulbildung

Vorteile: Panopto's integration with our university's LMS is vital to keeping our video lectures secure, but also easily accessible to viewers who are enrolled in a course. The UI is also highly favored by viewers.

Nachteile: Small learning curve/training for new admins or instructors who have no background in video. Support documents on the Panopto site are great, but it would help to have one-on-one training for new admin users.

Panopto is changing the way we teach and learn

Bewertet am 30.1.2019
Gemma W.
ELearning Advisor
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: It is easy to record, edit and share video
The integration with our VLE Canvas is very good
Panopto is very well received by students

Nachteile: We have very occasional issues with videos not getting up to the cloud correctly but these are always swiftly investigated and resolved by Panopto support.

Great Application and Great Support

Bewertet am 18.2.2019
Derek H.
Application Administrator
Hochschulbildung, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: The ease of use. Once it is setup in a room, there are pretty much three steps to use it. Choose recording location, start recording, stop recording, done.

Nachteile: The admin reports could be more robust, but I know that is on their roadmap of things to come in the future.

Panopto is easy to use and reliable.

Bewertet am 18.10.2017
Amber O.
Multimedia Specialist
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I benefit from this software because it stores all the recordings in one place and makes it easy to find if misplaced. For example, if a recording is placed in the wrong folder I can locate it by using the date it was recorded and then move it into the correct folder.

Vorteile: I like that I can check on recordings through a website on my desktop. I also like that the editing feature is easy to use and edits quickly.

Nachteile: I don't like that I can only start recordings on the computer that is doing the recording. I think it would be beneficial to create a step that allows you to start/stop recordings from your desktop. Set up kind of like the editing tool.

Great!

Bewertet am 4.11.2017
OSHA Instructor
Hochschulbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Has made my work-life easier.

Vorteile: The support has been very good. Not only when there has been an issue but also when trying to find answers and just cannot find the correct article, they have been excellent at pointing me in the right direction.

Nachteile: I am normally in Chrome throughout the day, so when I need to use the Advanced Editor, I have to change over to IE. It is not a real problem, just an inconvenience

Useful for e-learning

Bewertet am 20.2.2019
Jack H.
Educational Technologist
E-Learning, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Very useful within the educational environment.

Vorteile: I use Panopto to show academics how to use a flipped classroom approach to teaching. The app is useful because they are familiar with using their phones to film/take photos so it simplifies the process of making quick online learning videos.

Nachteile: I love the app for the simplicity but the desktop site is harder to navigate. However due to me using it within a large organisation this may be to do with the volume of videos we are producing.

OF GREAT HELP

Bewertet am 5.12.2018
Melissa L.
psychologist
Personalwesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I am studying a master and we use panoptom, we are all hallucinated, they record the classes in an interactive way and then we can review them at home when we want, see the power points in detail, choose which camera we can see on the screen; teacher, blackboard, P, Point, youtube, videos. To review doubts or prepare exams is like returning to receive the class for you only when it is best for you, and also write a word or text said during the class and you will be immediately looking for it.

Nachteile: Nothing negative I can say. It seems an incredible tool for all students

Panopto Is Awesome

Bewertet am 6.10.2016
Michael C.
Board Member
2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Easy to use and very cost effective. This VCMS is the best in the Biz. Sales enablement has never been so easy

Vorteile: Ease of Use

Nachteile: None

Panopto Creates a Seamless Experience to Create, Distribute, and View Course Lectures

Bewertet am 16.11.2017
Jason H.
Manager of Academic Enterprise Systems
Hochschulbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The auto-scheduling and auto-publishing of videos to specific Canvas courses is extremely valuable. Other players in this space currently require manually publishing.

Vorteile: Panopto is tightly integrated with the Canvas LMS. We have been piloting this product for four months. We are able to schedule the lecture captures, associate each video with the instructor and appropriate Canvas course, and automatically publish the videos, so that students can review the course content at a later time on nearly any type of device.

Nachteile: There is a cost associated with piloting this software, but it's not too excessive. Many companies offer a completely free trial period. It would be nice to check it out for free.

A very useful tool for students and staff

Bewertet am 1.2.2019
Education Advisor (TEL)
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: It provides a solid platform to provide recorded learning content to staff and students. It can be used as a lecture capture system or a desktop recorder. There are more advanced features like quizzing, basic editing tools and the ability to insert external media like YouTube.

Nachteile: Expensive and somewhat complicated to set up. The editing is functional but basic although this does allow you to remove sections of your recording. It would be nice to add additional elements such as titles etc.

Does what it's supposed to!

Bewertet am 7.4.2018
Dany H.
Pastor

Vorteile: It's a great tool for recording our classes and lectures so students can access them later. A fantastic way for students who happen to miss a class to get caught up!

Nachteile: I don't think it's a secret that the web browser experience is lacking in all but IE. Most of us are Mac users and Safari is never happy with Panopto.

Freezing

Bewertet am 4.5.2019
Student
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: University Student, it is vital for my studies and revision so when it fails it is hugely disappointing and a major inconvenience.

Vorteile: Good when working, I can watch clearly and sound is good.

Nachteile: When something that causes the replay to stop, e.g I lose internet connection, I can never reload the replay video. After this occurrence whenever I click on the replay, all I get is a black screen and the video will never load again. This is infuriating as the replay is then lost to me forever. Major inconvenience and this makes the service useless. I try everything to reload the video replay, signing in and out, turning off computer, but still when I load the replay I only get a black screen that never loads. Major bug that needs to be fixed.