Über Panopto

Flexible Präsentationserfassungsplattform, mit der Nutzer Aufzeichnungen erfassen, bearbeiten, streamen und freigeben können, sodass entscheidendes Wissen bewahrt wird.

Erfahre mehr über Panopto

The structure is easier to navigate than others we've used. Integration is pretty straightforward.

Bewertungen zu Panopto

Panopto hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,5 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 62 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Panopto bereits verwendet?

Jonathan D.
Jonathan D.
Flexible Learning Coordinator in Kanada
Bildungsmanagement, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Panopto has met all of my needs and then some and the support is phenomenal.

Kommentare: We were able to give faculty one tool for all of their video creation and editing and storing needs instead of all the various tools they had to use previously to accomplish the same thing. All of the content is now stored on our server so we don't lose access to it if an employee leaves the college. We can live stream our events with it. We can manage all of our video and caption it as well. It provides us a secure way to stream 3rd party video we have an agreement with to share with specific users. Allows for adding quizzes in the video.

I love how it manages our video content. The ability to manage 1000's of videos with ease and update user permissions or move content around all without breaking the link to the video was the biggest selling point for me. Other products I've evaluated managed video very differently and left things more up to the user. If the user were to leave their content would be difficult to hand over to the next person that may need it. The LMS Integration is excellent. Biggest workflow saver is when an instructor makes a recording in class the hit stop and upload and the video automatically goes into the course it needs to be in and even gives students a progress bar for it. Other products required the instructor to go in after they made the recording and move the video into the course manually or move it into a specific playlist. When an instructor finishes class they don't have time to go moving their recordings around. They need to finish up and leave before the next class starts coming in. It has so many bells and whistles. Live broadcasting, quizzing that integrates with the LMS Gradebook, scheduled recordings, so many great video player features, the mobile app. It's overall an excellent product and I couldn't find anything else that checked all my boxes.

The recorder has a lot of options in regards to setting the quality when we always encourage our faculty to set it at the highest possible. I wish the recorder could be streamlined so I could start up recordings faster and have a share link go right to my clipboard so I could send it out like how Jing does it. There is value to all of the options on the recorder but I wish they had a lighter weight version.

Diego Y.
Diego Y.
Information Technology Support Analyst in USA
Hochschulbildung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Panopto is very easy to use and has many great features.

Kommentare: The ability to make instructional videos and to share them with others.

What I like most about Panopto is how easy it is to choose what you want to record, with what source of audio you want to use, and where to save it. Another good thing is that when your video is all done, there is the ability to edit the video down in case you want to cut out some parts.

The only thing I noticed was that when you would start the recording and then decide to switch to a different audio source, the program would freeze and would have to be restarted.

Teaching Assistant in Australien
Bildungsmanagement, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Video platform for online lectures and presentations

4,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Ease of use tampered by long uploads but once it works - it works.

It was fairly easy to use for asynchronous and live classes and presentations, especially for E-learning. Easy to upload the videos. Good integration with Moodle

Took some time to upload videos and would like to have some control over settings on permissions and viewing.

Paul Q.
Assistant Manager of Educational Technology in USA
Hochschulbildung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

A solid option

Kommentare: We worked with them to get through some issues our institution had with them. Our success manager was responsive and helpful. I believe they refined some of their support protocols based on our conversations. If mobile is a requirement, we've found it useful in our purposes, but personally I find the app a bit clunky and outdated in UI

The structure is easier to navigate than others we've used Integration is pretty straightforward

limited upload quality compared to our current platform the mobile app is not very user friendly the editor is good, but as it turns out it doesn't truly edit, just hides portions of the video and automatically includes a fade at every cut (doesn't allow a straight cut)

Director of the Global Studio in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

PanOpto for lecture recording, media collections, class engagement, and more

Kommentare: My overall experience with PanOpto has been favorable. It's brought about increased self-reflection in teaching, and my students love ability to circle back and review collected class proceedings prior to papers and tests.

I most like the collection folder organization and customizable sharing permissions. It's great for lecture recordings to help document class proceedings for subsequent reflections and student engagement strategies. The picture-in-picture recordings, the automatic tagging of timestamps with the progression of PowerPoint slides, and the versatility of downloaded outputs make this a great product for education.

The connection between the desktop client and browser-base interface that we've integrated into our LMS is not easy to navigate, especially for newcomers. Consequently, the tool is predominately used by seasoned instructors. I've found it productive to give students creation access to class media collections, but there is definitely a nominal learning curve in place, where students at first use, lack the confidence to configure input and output sources. Also, it continues to frustrate me that capturing screen audio has been in beta for so long. If there is a process for multiple video inputs, then should also be a way to include multiple audio inputs, as well.

Malcolm E.
Malcolm E.
Video technology support analyst in USA
Hochschulbildung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Phenomenal partner, robust product

Panopto's ease of use combined with the rich feature set make it one of the best tools out there for large-scale recording capture and viewing. Users can bring in multiple cameras, mics, screens and applications with just a few clicks and create content that they can share with a chosen group.

The one drawback I have encountered is using the advanced editor as opposed to the basic editor. The advanced version can only be accessed using Internet Explorer.

John P.
John P.
Video Systems Technician in USA
Hochschulbildung

Excellent Security, UI, and file management

Panopto's integration with our university's LMS is vital to keeping our video lectures secure, but also easily accessible to viewers who are enrolled in a course. The UI is also highly favored by viewers.

Small learning curve/training for new admins or instructors who have no background in video. Support documents on the Panopto site are great, but it would help to have one-on-one training for new admin users.

Medical Student in USA
Hochschulbildung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

A Positive Panopto Experience

5,0 vor 5 Tagen Neu

Kommentare: Overall, I was amazed with Panopto as a student. I am also an educator and would love to use this for my students to actively engage them in content and to have checks for understanding as they learn virtually.

I like that this software allows for individuals to actively participate through video learning. As opposed to just passively watching a video, the option to embed questions that stop the video before answering allows for viewers to make sure that they are paying attention and comprehending content.

As a user, I wish that there was a way for you to review all of your questions and answers at the end of the video, or if there was a way to download and print/share a summary of this information.

Yolany L.
Instructional Designer in USA
Hochschulbildung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Panopto in Higher ed

4,0 letzten Monat Neu

It is user friendly and allows for a seamless recording experience

Editing and producing videos is on the low production end Admin side is a bit complicated

Jeff K.
Director of Counseling and Psychological Services in USA
Hochschulbildung, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Great option for instructors

4,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Panopto is relatively intuitive to use and has multiple features that make it easy to utilize for online learning and teaching. It can easily integrate into your Learning Management System making it even easier to utilize. They are certainly trying to maintain the software well with great upgrades and updates.

It doesn't let the video speed up at all increments. More freedom to control speed could be useful to students. The analytics could be a little better and more detailed.

LMS Administrator in USA

Simple but Powerful Video Capture and Video Management Tool

Kommentare: We primarily use Panopto for lecture capture and distance learning. Using Panopto for training and meeting recordings is something that we are just starting to leverage. Having a place to centrally store, share and search through videos has been a great value to our institution. Our integration with Panopto to D2L has provided a simple solution for instructors and students to interact 'face-to-face', even if they are located around the world.

Panopto integrates with our LMS, D2L quite well. It makes the process very simple for our instructors and students to record and watch videos. It does not require any plugins or software to watch videos, as they load up in a web browser. The videos work on mobile and embed easily in courses or on websites. We also enjoy the easy sharing of videos and simplified management in the web portal.

The Panopto Recorder software can be a little bit buggy and simplified. It could use a more modern look and feel. The software does give our end users some trouble - but not the service or website itself. If a student or instructor has an issue with the software, luckily any .mp4 video file can be easily uploaded to Panopto.

Frank j. F.
Associate Professor in USA
Quelle: GetApp

Panopto provides me with a reliable, flexible venue for documenting and assessing my students' progress.

There are many features that I like about Panopto; ease of use is near the top of the list. I have been using it for several years and it is comforting to know how reliable and simple it is to get a recording completed. I have had situations where an opportunity arose and I wanted to capture it for my students to see later, and I simply pulled out my phone and recorded and uploaded it to the Cloud with a few simple clicks. My students love it because regardless of their hardware (PC, phone, iOS device), they can record their assignments and get feedback almost as if they were in front of me. The simple-to-use editing features allow me to update/enhance legacy content enabling me to leverage existing resources. I could go on and on...

Some of the more advanced features are a bit more challenging for some of my students to understand; however, the good news is that the basic features provide more than enough opportunity for successful resource generation.

Eugenio C.
Professor in Spanien
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

how a software can get outdated because lack of innovation

Kommentare: it was very good 5 years ago but now that we need online teaching we had to change to another software.

classes are automatically recorded at the scheduled time

it is hard to set up a new sporadic recording and there is no option to have videocall at the same time because cameras are recording

Matthew B.
Technology Enhanced Learning Facilitator in UK
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

All round best value for money

Kommentare: Ease of use, Unlimited Cloud Storage for our content, fantastic customer service and support

Panopto has so many useful features such as embedding Youtube videos, Websites, PDFs right into your recorded sessions. This has allowed us to create a learning experience for our students like they haven't seen before. Cloud hosted makes it easy to configure who can see what and when. It has also helped us with CPD training, the ability for a member of staff to record something just once and allow all staff to view it in their own time with quiz questions throughout to check their understanding.

Its great for multiple video feeds at one time but to be able to select mulitple audio source (say several microphones in a conference room) would be benifical. The length of time between updates varies and can be lengthy in between but then they do arrive they don't dissapoint.

Elora M.
Educational Developer in UK
Quelle: GetApp

Wide ranging benefits for teaching and learning

Kommentare: Panopto is available to use by the whole organisation and there are more and more staff who are taking up the opportunity to use it for recording lectures and short videos for students. We often have quite dispersed student groups over different campuses and out most watched videos are often of assignment information and difficult teaching concepts that they need to come back to for clarity.

The software is easy to use and intuitive to find your way around. As the system is software based it is available for staff to use on many devices and students to access content online. Its really flexible to suit the needs of users so that can be recording large lectures or multiple short student uploads.

Captions are always a problem for us we would like to caption all our videos and currently the automatic captioning is not very good. You can send away for captions but there is a high cost if we want lots of content captioned.

LMS Administrator in USA
Quelle: GetApp

Simple yet robust video capture software/service

Using the integration with our LMS, D2L has been a life saver. It simplifies the process for our instructors to record videos and share them with their students. Additionally, students can record back for public speaking classes. We also really appreciate the automatic closed captioning service. While it is not 100% accurate, it does encourage the use of the captions, which is a nice feature.

The recorder can be buggy at times. Some of our users have difficulty installing it. We would love to see a web based advanced editor as well. Right now there is one, but it only works in Internet Explorer.

Graham R.
Managed Learning Environment Manager in UK

Coming up to our 9th year with Panopto

Kommentare: Over nine years we have gone from a couple of technically leading academics promoting its use to a large scale rollout with half the University asking staff to use it. Almost immediately students asked for it to be mandated.

The software is easy to roll out across a large campus due to its software-only focus and the need for just a microphone. Most steps can be automated and the integration with Blackboard (in our case) allows videos to be secured to classes/modules with no additional steps.

Moving to a fully automated recording workflow requires heavy integration with your timetable system.

Simon T.
Educational Technologist in UK
E-Learning, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Great user experience and excellent support

Kommentare: In terms of experience, we've had a really good one. The learning resource it provides and enhancement to our student's experience.

Panopto is reliable and easy to use. Well featured and flexible, Panopto is integrated into our VLE, and used thoughout our institution. Panopto's personal capture tools make it easy to get started creating educational video resources.

Automatic captioning could work better - and transcripts need a fair amount of editing. But hope this will improve as Panopto update their software.

Manager OR SPD MANAGER in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Education Software through Videos

Kommentare: Education at Loma Linda University through Videos . LLU online video storage and delivery service. Integrated with Canvas.

Provides great info and you can replay it many times. They have a greally great support team to answer any questions . Education through videos can be very chalenging because interfacing , however Panopto is really great on presenting and being a great tool for education .

Sometimes can be slow . Not sure is because of internet connection or to many users ?

Helen S.
student in USA
Pharmazeutika, Selbstständig

Panopto Review

I like how we can listen to past lectures at our own leisure and also be able to listen to it at our own speed. It really helps with studying for exams. Also being able to use it on my phone, ipad, and computer is great, especially when I am driving, I can listen to lectures through my phone app.

When I download the videos, the fast rate has a squeal sound compared to when I listen to it on the app or the site. Sometimes the recording uploads are delayed.

Head of e-Learning in UK
Quelle: GetApp

Simple and effective lecture capture soution

Panopto is a very user friendly tool which scales well and provides a wide range of facilities to capture educational content. Having rolled this solution out across the enterprise it has performed exceptionally well and has met our expectations. The ability to share content simply is a key selling point for our users.

Nothing negative, the system is user friendly, scales very well meets the expectation of boht staff and students.

Gemma W.
ELearning Advisor in UK
Quelle: GetApp

Panopto is changing the way we teach and learn

It is easy to record, edit and share video The integration with our VLE Canvas is very good Panopto is very well received by students

We have very occasional issues with videos not getting up to the cloud correctly but these are always swiftly investigated and resolved by Panopto support.

Derek H.
Application Administrator in USA
Hochschulbildung, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Great Application and Great Support

The ease of use. Once it is setup in a room, there are pretty much three steps to use it. Choose recording location, start recording, stop recording, done.

The admin reports could be more robust, but I know that is on their roadmap of things to come in the future.

Amber O.
Multimedia Specialist in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Panopto is easy to use and reliable.

Kommentare: I benefit from this software because it stores all the recordings in one place and makes it easy to find if misplaced. For example, if a recording is placed in the wrong folder I can locate it by using the date it was recorded and then move it into the correct folder.

I like that I can check on recordings through a website on my desktop. I also like that the editing feature is easy to use and edits quickly.

I don't like that I can only start recordings on the computer that is doing the recording. I think it would be beneficial to create a step that allows you to start/stop recordings from your desktop. Set up kind of like the editing tool.

OSHA Instructor in USA

Great!

Kommentare: Has made my work-life easier.

The support has been very good. Not only when there has been an issue but also when trying to find answers and just cannot find the correct article, they have been excellent at pointing me in the right direction.

I am normally in Chrome throughout the day, so when I need to use the Advanced Editor, I have to change over to IE. It is not a real problem, just an inconvenience