Über Whova

Die All-in-one-Event-Software von Whova wurde 2016 mit dem Event Technology Award ausgezeichnet.

Erfahre mehr über Whova

Glen S.
Sicherheit & Untersuchungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

"Whova app experience"

Kommentare: We have been Whova for several years and it has been a positive experience for our company. It is part of the package and helps us to maintain a professional profile.

Vorteile: Ability to keep our delegates informed of event schedule, location, venues and networking.

Nachteile: some people who are not so tech savvy require assistance to get setup and comfortable using, but, that applies to other technology as well not just Whova.

Visiting Researcher
  • Bewertet am 24.12.2019

"A must have tool for event organisers"

Kommentare: The app is optimized for business events (were no abstract handling is required), however, we used it successfully to manage our attendees in a small scientific conference. We loved checking in our attendees ultra-fast, posting last-minute changes and useful information in the app and share event photos. It helped a lot in creating the name badges (maybe could consider a certificate feature according to the registration category as well?). As organizers, we would prefer a bit more flexibility and one cost for all the features, however, all of our participants loved the application and we received very positive feedback from them

Vorteile: The QR code attendee check-in is probably the highlight of Whova's features. It checks in the attendees a matter of seconds, skipping the long lines in the registration counters. The updated version of Whova includes features that can be used directly to the event's website (e.g. Agenda webpage). Great customer service experience with online training on how to use the app.

Nachteile: Several features require in-app purchases and purchases per-use (e.g the paid tickets or the sponsors' features). This may be a struggle for small events (less than 500 participants) who need to have an idea of the overall cost in advance. As a customer, I would greatly appreciate the flexibility to rename and create new or delete categories in all the fields of the event content, as well as flexibility to include the same person under two or three attendee categories (organizers, volunteers, speaker, secretariat) as the posts are normally shared among a small group of people who assist in the organization. Lastly, even though it is helpful attendees to register via facebook many of them use nicknames which ends up printing wrong badges. I have not used the app as an attendee, so I suggest to offer an option to register via LinkedIn, Academia or other professional websites, inform that the name used should be the same one used during registration and that will be printed in the name badge requesting their approval.

• Bewertet am 24.12.2019
Lacey S.
peer to peer fundraising coordinator
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 9.4.2020

"Great App"

Kommentare: it has made time management at conferences really simple.

Vorteile: This is a great app that I have found super helpful to use during and after conferences, I have attended

Nachteile: not being able to read clear all of the messages in the community bubble. I find that I did not always partake in some of the discussions that were irrelevant to me, and I still have to go on and acknowledge them to get them showing as read.

• Bewertet am 9.4.2020
Katherine C.
Research Analyst
Hochschulbildung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 4.1.2019

"Why I pass on Whova despite the great functionality"

Kommentare: My main issue with Whova has nothing to do with the functionality, and everything to do with the customer service. As part of a conference planning team, we used Whova, and without any prior notification, they published our app and sent an email to all of course conference attendees to join. (Thankfully, we were as our final stages of testing, so it was fine.) However, in addition to the lack of communication, when we brought this up, we asked to disable all future email communication (as our conference team had our own communication schedule) and provide a list of communication so that, at the very least, we would know what is moving forward, They apologized, offered to disable functions, and yes, two hours later, Whova's team had sent another email, spamming our participants to create their profiles. If you are looking for conference platforms, do NOT use this one. I'd suggest using Guidebook or other avenues. The hassle of going back and forth, only to be blindsided again, by the very same problem, is frustrating, unprofessional, and poor customer service,

Vorteile: The functionality of uploading the event was easy to use, and from the user side, the app was easy to navigate to move between the schedule, information about specific programs, and more details about speakers.

Nachteile: The app came with built-in conversation starters that, as conference organizers, we had to delete. Other than that, the software was good.

• Bewertet am 4.1.2019
Karen R.
Operations Support Specialist III
Umweltdienstleistungen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 18.2.2020

"Advantages of Using Whova at a Conference"

Kommentare: At the Cority conference in Nashville, I was able to set my schedule for sessions that related to me and take notes at those conferences from the app. It allowed me to set up networking with others in my field. The opportunity that Whova extends for engagement between attendees is phenomenal. All attendees were able to communicate like issues with current software usage, likes, dislikes, schedule meetups, give tips, and just share fun things about each other within the community. Attendees have the ability to message each other within the app, as well as, exchange information. Whova is wonderful organizational and communication tool for conferences. It allows you the functionality and flexibility to stay connected. Even after the conference, I am still able to stay connected and message with my new networking contacts within the app.

Vorteile: Whova is great for the ease of setting schedules, networking opportunities, functionality, flexibility, user friendly interface, ability to create meetups, ability to share memories through photo sharing, and the engagement opportunities with other attendees at the conference. I also like that you can still communicate with other attendees (networking opportunities) even after the conference is over.

Nachteile: I have used the Whova app at several Cority conferences, and I have yet to find any negative issues.

• Bewertet am 18.2.2020
Lynden M.
XR Lab & Studio Manager
Bildungsmanagement, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 28.1.2020

"Whoa! Whova"

Kommentare: I have begun to connect with like minded people and work on a Virtual Reality project to build an application for many programs.

Vorteile: I attended the Kaltura 2020 Connect conference in New Orleans, LA. and Whova is the first interactive application I have been introduce to at a conference. The Kaltura team kept all of the attendees engaged in every event that was going on prior to the conference and throughout the 3 days using Whova. I realized how powerful Whova was when I found myself lock in to the application day after day. Need to say, Whova gave me access to so many attendees from around the world. On the application we were able to set up connect meeting to discuss common interests, share rides, discuss new technologies, etc. Whova provided you your daily agenda along with reminders on your phone, iPad, computer, smart watch, and pop ups from other attendees. Something I found uniques was it allows you to take notes for every event, meet ups, and you can provide real time feedback. I find feedback extremely important for growth. No matter what industry you are in, this application I highly recommend to increase innovation and productivity.

Nachteile: The only thing I can say disappointing about this software is that I was not exposed to it first.

• Bewertet am 28.1.2020
Neisha P.
NCCER Certified Trainer
  • Bewertet am 18.12.2018

"Way to go Whova"

Kommentare: This app was good to have to help me interact with others at the Convention, too bad one it over its over. I wasn't able to access the information like photos after the conference had been over for a while.

Vorteile: I found this software very helpful in keeping up the events at the Phi Theta Kapp National Convention. There were thousands of people and so many events it was overwhelming at times. I liked how the software helps you meet others at the convention, displays photos of events and there is ecen a messaging feature.

Nachteile: The only drawback I had using this software was trying to find an log onto the PTK Convention in the first place. It has been a year so maybe that issue was fixed. You had to wait and get a code to join the Convention, maybe PTK could have sent the code with the confirmation emails or something.

• Bewertet am 18.12.2018
Erin J.
Teacher
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 13.2.2020

"Whova Review"

Kommentare: Overall, Whova has given us a more paperless experience while effectively managing the tasks at hand.

Vorteile: I like that this software allows me to provide a great experience to those attending our events. We stay on schedule while optimizing attendee participation. They feel more connected through updates, pictures, personalization, etc.

Nachteile: Since it is so digital, some people sometimes feel like they get lost in the software and are not able to connect as well face-to-face.

• Bewertet am 13.2.2020
Moustapha O.
Market Focal Point - OTC Manager Canada
Pharmazeutika, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

"Excellent App."

Kommentare: Excellent, I simply loving it.

Vorteile: Easy to navigate and accuracy for meeting and schedule.

Nachteile: No time zone indicated for people from different countries, like European colleagues who was struggling with the time schedule.

Suzanne N.
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 11.2.2020

"Easy to use and to reach out to conference attendees"

Kommentare: Great for conference networking and keeping track of the event programming.

Vorteile: I downloaded this to network and keep track of attendees at a recent conference at which I was attending. I found it super easy to use and also a great way to discover what was happening at the event. I thought the leaderboard function was fun too.

Nachteile: It was easy to use and fun to see myself appear on the leaderboard.

Kathy B.
Community Relations/Marketing Director
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 31.3.2017

"Exceptional Value!"

Kommentare: The WHOVA app provided a wonderful user experience for our delegates. It made it easy for our delegates to connect with other attendees and speakers, share contact information, and be informed about all the event logistics and details. As the organizer of the event, the app had the perfect combination of "ready-made" options with the ability to customize and personalize. I found it extremely intuitive to use. When I did have a question, the online customer service was amazing. Overall the WHOVA app was a great value and contributed to the success of our event.

Vorteile: Easy to use-ready made templates made it easy to customize and upload information.
Exceptional Customer Service-online chat was prompt and very helpful

von Whova an 31.3.2017

We are happy to know that you like our Whova app. Thanks for the feedback, and we will keep you updated with new features coming soon!

• Bewertet am 31.3.2017
Amanda G.
Assistant Director, Student and Alumni Relations
Hochschulbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

"Thanks Whova"

Kommentare: I loved being able to see who was at the conference, what kinds of topics people were discussing, what connections were being made, etc. It was also helpful to see what was happening pre-conference. I'm sure I'll use it again at conferences in the future.

Vorteile: It was great to have a social media platform dedicated to the specific conference I attended. I also loved that I could see who was at the conference and where they worked.

Nachteile: The community portion of the app started to get really full, which made it harder to find what I was looking for. Maybe if that was organized by topics, or if the posts that had new comments were always at the top. Being in alumni relations, it would have been AWESOME if I could search attendees by where they went to school.

Amy G.
Assistant Professor
Hochschulbildung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 5.3.2019

"Updatable & Environmentally Friendly"

Vorteile: I like being able to post updates to the conference program during the conference itself. Using Whova means we don't have to produce printed copies of the program. Whova also allows users to engage with each other - posting messages, planning get-togethers, posting photos, etc.
I heard that it will allow registration/check-in to be managed with Whova now, but I couldn't find that feature. I would be thrilled if it will handle registration/check-in.

Nachteile: It seems the price increased this year. But if we can use it for registration/check-in it would be well worth it.

Natalie H.
Events & Marketing
Automotive, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 24.10.2019

"Do plenty of research before using this product"

Kommentare: Whova is useful for trade shows or large, paid events - I needed it for a 200-ish person corporate (internal) event. I chose Whova because of it's ease of use and straight-forward features. I really hated how the tool consistently promoted the Whova app - it's practically shoved down your throat on the user side, and no way to dial it back. I can see the value in this for large shows where attendees will need the app for networking and customized agendas, but it was just too much for smaller, corporate events. I wish they had an option to focus the user experience more on just the app itself.

Vorteile: -Easy to set up
-Helpful customer support team
-Easy to use (both as an admin and as an event participant)
-Customization, though lacking in some areas, is possible
-Easy registration and website set up

Nachteile: -Heavily, heavily branded to Whova, even when using the paid version
-Focus on paid tickets
-Customization was not possible for things I needed it to be

• Bewertet am 24.10.2019
Travis M.
Umweltdienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 11.2.2020

"Whova makes networking more accessible and friendly"

Kommentare: Networking, as described above. Making new professional connections comes with a special breed of anxiety, and this app made networking more friendly by connecting those with similar interests (meet-ups, community topic chats), spreading important news more effectively (organizer announcements, meet-up reminders) and providing basic information of who's who at the conference. It also seemed to bring out the more real side of people by welcoming less-formal communication (photos, interesting chats). I also made use of the business card scanner.

Vorteile: In a nutshell, it made networking more accessible.
Allowed me to connect with peers prior to conference and begin conversations or facilitate meet-ups. During the conference, allowed for playful and useful communication. I did not need to already have the contact information of conference-goers or struggle to locate the person I wanted to meet. Also allowed me to do a quick "background research" on the people I met (or was about to meet).
As a side note, the points system was an effective incentive for me, and also some people recognized me in person specifically because of my leader board standing.

Nachteile: Can't think of anything. I was pleasantly surprised by the utility of the app.

A. j. G.
Assistant Professor
Hochschulbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 9.10.2019

"Great for Event Management"

Kommentare: I use Whova for conference management. It has far exceeded my expectations.

Vorteile: Thanks to this software we no longer need paper programs at the conference I help organize. We can also make last minute updates as needed, and the software also allows attendees to plan their schedules, network, and create social gatherings.

Nachteile: No complaints. It does have many features I don't need, but they don't get in my way. Someday I might decide to try more features.

• Bewertet am 9.10.2019
Rachel W.
Associate Professor
  • Bewertet am 15.1.2020

"So Many Great Functions"

Vorteile: My favorite parts of the software from a user's perspective were the map guide to where my next conference event would be in the hotel, and the ability to create My Agenda from the various (many) events taking place at any one given time.

Nachteile: I would have liked to go straight to My Agenda each time, as well as to go straight to the current time and events, instead of having to scroll from the first event at the conference, by default.

• Bewertet am 15.1.2020
Mark S.
Discovery Officer
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 27.2.2019

"Great experience using Whova"

Kommentare: Whova made the conference manageable, allowing participates to keep track of workshops they desired to attend.

Vorteile: Whova is a great tool that kept me up to date with many workshops I selected to attend.
In addition, it provided overall information that was pertinent to the conference:
Speaker Bios
Connecting participants to form ride sharing groups to and from the airport
Advertising events affiliated with the conference and outside the conference
Providing many with a platform to network with each other.
Providing feedback regarding contest (Bingo)
I am a Whova fan!!!
Mark S.

Nachteile: I liked every aspect of this software. I would not mind using it again.

• Bewertet am 27.2.2019
Richard C.
  • Bewertet am 30.3.2017

"The best event app I ever used"

Kommentare: I was one of event organizers of PKU Annual Fall Picnic 2016 in San Diego. We used Whova app to set up tickets, publish agenda, logistics, car pool, location change announcement, attendee networking, and so on. It was a great experience and the event was a great success. It's super easy to use Whova to manage events from very beginning to end: it saved us a lot of time as organizer, the experience was super smooth and we really love it! It's also very positive for our event attendees. They bought tickets on Whova, and then download Whova app to get all the event information. Besides that, they can find out who will be attending the event in advance and connect each other before the event. It's really handy for them and also saves our time as we can publish information to them easily. Whova support team is awesome! We are amazed by their prompt response and detailed explanation. Great job! Overall, it's a must for event organizers and we highly recommend Whova for event organizers.

von Whova an 30.3.2017

Thanks for even providing us referrals. We look forward to working with you again for your next event!

• Bewertet am 30.3.2017
Martha T.
STEM Coordinator
Bildungsmanagement, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 11.2.2020

"Whova App at VCEConvention"

Kommentare: I was very happy with the networking that has happened before and after the conference.

Vorteile: I was reluctant to add the app at first because I didn't want to add more apps to my phone. Then I realized the convention I planned to attend used the app for signing up for sessions. So I downloaded it and it was very easy to use from the start. I created my profile and my two day agenda. From there, I participated in a few icebreakers and before I knew it, I was contacted through the app by a former colleague that was also attending the conference. Feeling bolder, I created two topic pages and had many people ask me questions about my topic through the app. Great networking!! When I returned to work, I shared with my admin team and hope we will use it in the future.

Nachteile: I really don't have any complaints.I found it useful.

Boutwell, C.
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 29.1.2020

"Whova App"

Vorteile: This app is great for company conventions. Love how easy it is to use, and the amount of info that can be shared.

Nachteile: None works great! One thing that would be cool to add to the app, is a GPS for the venue. Some of the venues we attend are massive and can be challenging to find where exactly your conference is located especially when there are several conferences going on.

• Bewertet am 29.1.2020
Sunghwan C.
  • Bewertet am 6.4.2017

"Whova is an application like a living creature!"

Kommentare: My non-profit organization, TeK One used Whova as registration, event organization, logistics tool for the annual Tek One Entrepreneurship Forum held in 2014 - 2016. Thanks to Whova, our events were able to proceed smoothly with minimum personnel and efforts. Participants and speakers were also impressed by Whova, so that some of them actually used Whova for their own events. Whova is an application like a living creature, it seems to evolve year after year, if not day by day. Based on feedback from customers, Whova will always strive to add new features with improved user convenience to better serve you and your organization's important events. I strongly recommend Whova to any organizations and individuals hosting important events. Whova, Thank you!

Vorteile: Easy to use and Import participants' Linkedin profile

Nachteile: To some organization, it might be pricey?

von Whova an 6.4.2017

Thank you so much! We try to meet every customer's expectation and it has helped us continue improving. We look forward to working with Tek One again this year with better products and services!

• Bewertet am 6.4.2017
Tammy B.
Vice President of Business Development
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

"Fun, Interactive App"

Kommentare: It has been a great tool to use for events. People seem to be more engaged and interactive than other apps I have used. The points and leaderboard need to be reconsidered as people really take it to the extreme of competitiveness.

Vorteile: Introductions to other people who are attending the event and sharing knowledge of event specific information.

Nachteile: I don’t necessarily like the leader board. Some people take it to the ultimate extreme and make it unpleasant to use the app because they have to win a virtual trophy at all costs. It really takes the fun out of using the app.

Ken R.
Wireless Backhaul Specialist
Telekommunikation, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 11.2.2020

"Enjoyed the app as an exhibitor of a trade show"

Kommentare: It's a step in the right direction. I've never had a solid app that helped me identify attendees. But it still fell a bit short for making this information valuable. I spent hours researching the attendees to determine who may be a viable client or not, and then additional hours reaching out to them, with very limited results. If notifications were encouraged, and more information about attendees was mandatory, or requested, that would be a huge step to make it more efficient.

Vorteile: The access to information about everyone else that was attending the show who had installed the app. Gave me opportunity to prospect potential customers.

Nachteile: In many cases, not enough information was available about the attendees. It would be advantageous if the attendee would optionally provide a link to their website, their email address, their phone number. Also, the choice to implement notifications (or not) limited the ability for most to see that they had messages sent to them. I had a very low percentage response to messages sent in the app. Also, when I received a message, it was very hard to identify that I received one, and to dig it out.

Director of Business Development
Bau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 31.10.2018

"Great Program/App for Marketing at Conferences"

Vorteile: You can easily find the conference your company is participating in. By having the app on your phone, you can review the agenda, see the attendee list, which is great for targeting specific leads, and engage in messaging with other conference attendees. Overall, it's a great tool for networking at conferences.

Nachteile: For some events, lead generation is limited if you are an exhibitor or sponsor. In other words, you can't access delegate information so it limits targeting to some degree.

• Bewertet am 31.10.2018