Exceptional Value!

Bewertet am 31.3.2017
Kathy B.
Community Relations/Marketing Director
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The WHOVA app provided a wonderful user experience for our delegates. It made it easy for our delegates to connect with other attendees and speakers, share contact information, and be informed about all the event logistics and details. As the organizer of the event, the app had the perfect combination of "ready-made" options with the ability to customize and personalize. I found it extremely intuitive to use. When I did have a question, the online customer service was amazing. Overall the WHOVA app was a great value and contributed to the success of our event.

Vorteile: Easy to use-ready made templates made it easy to customize and upload information.
Exceptional Customer Service-online chat was prompt and very helpful

von Whova an 31.3.2017

We are happy to know that you like our Whova app. Thanks for the feedback, and we will keep you updated with new features coming soon!

Way to go Whova

Bewertet am 18.12.2018
Neisha P.
NCCER Certified Trainer
Hochschulbildung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This app was good to have to help me interact with others at the Convention, too bad one it over its over. I wasn't able to access the information like photos after the conference had been over for a while.

Vorteile: I found this software very helpful in keeping up the events at the Phi Theta Kapp National Convention. There were thousands of people and so many events it was overwhelming at times. I liked how the software helps you meet others at the convention, displays photos of events and there is ecen a messaging feature.

Nachteile: The only drawback I had using this software was trying to find an log onto the PTK Convention in the first place. It has been a year so maybe that issue was fixed. You had to wait and get a code to join the Convention, maybe PTK could have sent the code with the confirmation emails or something.

Thanks Whova

Amanda G.
Assistant Director, Student and Alumni Relations
Hochschulbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I loved being able to see who was at the conference, what kinds of topics people were discussing, what connections were being made, etc. It was also helpful to see what was happening pre-conference. I'm sure I'll use it again at conferences in the future.

Vorteile: It was great to have a social media platform dedicated to the specific conference I attended. I also loved that I could see who was at the conference and where they worked.

Nachteile: The community portion of the app started to get really full, which made it harder to find what I was looking for. Maybe if that was organized by topics, or if the posts that had new comments were always at the top. Being in alumni relations, it would have been AWESOME if I could search attendees by where they went to school.

Updatable & Environmentally Friendly

Amy G.
Assistant Professor
Hochschulbildung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I like being able to post updates to the conference program during the conference itself. Using Whova means we don't have to produce printed copies of the program. Whova also allows users to engage with each other - posting messages, planning get-togethers, posting photos, etc.
I heard that it will allow registration/check-in to be managed with Whova now, but I couldn't find that feature. I would be thrilled if it will handle registration/check-in.

Nachteile: It seems the price increased this year. But if we can use it for registration/check-in it would be well worth it.

Great for Event Management

Bewertet am 9.10.2019
A. j. G.
Assistant Professor
Hochschulbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I use Whova for conference management. It has far exceeded my expectations.

Vorteile: Thanks to this software we no longer need paper programs at the conference I help organize. We can also make last minute updates as needed, and the software also allows attendees to plan their schedules, network, and create social gatherings.

Nachteile: No complaints. It does have many features I don't need, but they don't get in my way. Someday I might decide to try more features.

Why I pass on Whova despite the great functionality

Bewertet am 4.1.2019
Katherine C.
Research Analyst
Hochschulbildung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My main issue with Whova has nothing to do with the functionality, and everything to do with the customer service. As part of a conference planning team, we used Whova, and without any prior notification, they published our app and sent an email to all of course conference attendees to join. (Thankfully, we were as our final stages of testing, so it was fine.) However, in addition to the lack of communication, when we brought this up, we asked to disable all future email communication (as our conference team had our own communication schedule) and provide a list of communication so that, at the very least, we would know what is moving forward, They apologized, offered to disable functions, and yes, two hours later, Whova's team had sent another email, spamming our participants to create their profiles. If you are looking for conference platforms, do NOT use this one. I'd suggest using Guidebook or other avenues. The hassle of going back and forth, only to be blindsided again, by the very same problem, is frustrating, unprofessional, and poor customer service,

Vorteile: The functionality of uploading the event was easy to use, and from the user side, the app was easy to navigate to move between the schedule, information about specific programs, and more details about speakers.

Nachteile: The app came with built-in conversation starters that, as conference organizers, we had to delete. Other than that, the software was good.

Great experience using Whova

Mark S.
Discovery Officer
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Whova made the conference manageable, allowing participates to keep track of workshops they desired to attend.

Vorteile: Whova is a great tool that kept me up to date with many workshops I selected to attend.
In addition, it provided overall information that was pertinent to the conference:
Speaker Bios
Connecting participants to form ride sharing groups to and from the airport
Advertising events affiliated with the conference and outside the conference
Providing many with a platform to network with each other.
Providing feedback regarding contest (Bingo)
I am a Whova fan!!!
Mark S.

Nachteile: I liked every aspect of this software. I would not mind using it again.

The best event app I ever used

Bewertet am 30.3.2017
Richard C.

Kommentare: I was one of event organizers of PKU Annual Fall Picnic 2016 in San Diego. We used Whova app to set up tickets, publish agenda, logistics, car pool, location change announcement, attendee networking, and so on. It was a great experience and the event was a great success. It's super easy to use Whova to manage events from very beginning to end: it saved us a lot of time as organizer, the experience was super smooth and we really love it! It's also very positive for our event attendees. They bought tickets on Whova, and then download Whova app to get all the event information. Besides that, they can find out who will be attending the event in advance and connect each other before the event. It's really handy for them and also saves our time as we can publish information to them easily. Whova support team is awesome! We are amazed by their prompt response and detailed explanation. Great job! Overall, it's a must for event organizers and we highly recommend Whova for event organizers.

von Whova an 30.3.2017

Thanks for even providing us referrals. We look forward to working with you again for your next event!

Whova app experience

Glen S.
Sicherheit & Untersuchungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have been Whova for several years and it has been a positive experience for our company. It is part of the package and helps us to maintain a professional profile.

Vorteile: Ability to keep our delegates informed of event schedule, location, venues and networking.

Nachteile: some people who are not so tech savvy require assistance to get setup and comfortable using, but, that applies to other technology as well not just Whova.

Whova is an application like a living creature!

Bewertet am 6.4.2017
Sunghwan C.

Kommentare: My non-profit organization, TeK One used Whova as registration, event organization, logistics tool for the annual Tek One Entrepreneurship Forum held in 2014 - 2016. Thanks to Whova, our events were able to proceed smoothly with minimum personnel and efforts. Participants and speakers were also impressed by Whova, so that some of them actually used Whova for their own events. Whova is an application like a living creature, it seems to evolve year after year, if not day by day. Based on feedback from customers, Whova will always strive to add new features with improved user convenience to better serve you and your organization's important events. I strongly recommend Whova to any organizations and individuals hosting important events. Whova, Thank you!

Vorteile: Easy to use and Import participants' Linkedin profile

Nachteile: To some organization, it might be pricey?

von Whova an 6.4.2017

Thank you so much! We try to meet every customer's expectation and it has helped us continue improving. We look forward to working with Tek One again this year with better products and services!

Fun, Interactive App

Tammy B.
Vice President of Business Development
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It has been a great tool to use for events. People seem to be more engaged and interactive than other apps I have used. The points and leaderboard need to be reconsidered as people really take it to the extreme of competitiveness.

Vorteile: Introductions to other people who are attending the event and sharing knowledge of event specific information.

Nachteile: I don’t necessarily like the leader board. Some people take it to the ultimate extreme and make it unpleasant to use the app because they have to win a virtual trophy at all costs. It really takes the fun out of using the app.

Great Program/App for Marketing at Conferences

Bewertet am 31.10.2018
Director of Business Development
Bau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: You can easily find the conference your company is participating in. By having the app on your phone, you can review the agenda, see the attendee list, which is great for targeting specific leads, and engage in messaging with other conference attendees. Overall, it's a great tool for networking at conferences.

Nachteile: For some events, lead generation is limited if you are an exhibitor or sponsor. In other words, you can't access delegate information so it limits targeting to some degree.

Ultimate networking app

Aaron K.
Principal
Immobilien, Selbstständig

Vorteile: fantastic networking app for your event.
Super easy to message and exchage contact information with attendees
very intuitive interface and fast/easy to navigate
integrates agenda of meeting into my iphone calendar seemlessly.
Brilliant.

Nachteile: none. this app is amazing. I have no negative comments

Whove it up!

Terry A.
ELA Consultant
Bildungsmanagement, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Very positive. It was easy to check the agenda and track the new announcements and community messages. It's user friendly and the clean layout makes it easy to find the info you need.

Vorteile: All the info you need for the event concentrated in one place.

Nachteile: I tried to delete my business card (from a previous job) but couldn't figure it out.

Whova for conferences

Bewertet am 8.1.2019
Elizabeth S.
Electronic Documentation Administrator
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My overall experience was good, it was nice to communicate and ask questions when needed.

Vorteile: I like that you can get updates regarding the sessions during the conference and also communicate with other conference attendees.

Nachteile: It is difficult to find the settings to receive notifications on the app.

Connection

Dagmar H.
Hub manager

Kommentare: Whova supported me to get connected to other organisations in the sector

Vorteile: The application enabled me to quickly connect to other participants of the event. It created a sense of community

Nachteile: Maybe the provider could reflect on how to further encourage people to react on messages or become concrete on setting a meeting at a particular location at the event.

Great platform for an Event

Bewertet am 4.3.2019
Donna A.
Business Manager
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I used for other events I have attending. Great app!

Vorteile: Pro is everything about the event is in one place on your phone. You do not have to carry and/or keep up with paper agendas or looking for emails.

Nachteile: There is really nothing that I disliked about the app.

Wow! This is great stuff

Bewertet am 12.9.2018
Greg F.
911 Director
Öffentliche Sicherheit, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It worked outstanding and without a single issue for conference communications

Vorteile: I just returned from attending a conference where the Whova app was used to for conference communications, agenda, attendees messaging, etc. It worked outstanding and without a single issue.

Nachteile: It took a little playing around with the app to learn how to use it.

Used well this is a great information and connection platform

Jennifer M.
course coordinator, MSW
Hochschulbildung, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Have attended 2 conferences that used Whova and have been really impressed with its functionality.

Vorteile: Instant contact with others to allow discussions about shared transport, etc with people you may not otherwise know or contact

Nachteile: I think the ability for anyone to begin a discussion thread means the app becomes unwieldy as you try to sort through many threads, some of which sound as though they cover the same topics

This is THE App for Events and Conferences

Becky H.
External Affairs Director, Computer Science and Engineering Dept.
Bildungsmanagement, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This application is genius and its features are outstanding!

Vorteile: Easy to set up and use. Great features like personalized agendas, message sharing, job posting, event and speaker descriptions, and access to presentations that are posted to the community after the event.

Nachteile: I didn't need reminders about job postings through the application. There needs to be an opt out option for these reminders.

First time user of Whova.

Dustin H.
C.F.O.
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Very intuitive user experience. A lot of features to enable event participants to get the most out of the event. Being able to search participants, interact for networking and exchanging contact information is a fantastic feature.

Nachteile: Nothing comes to mind in terms of Cons with regards to this app.

Whova made my life easier

Glauce B.
O2C Global Process Architect
Automotive, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Simply amazing! Thank you for existing :)

Vorteile: Integration - you can organize your agenda, meet people, have discussion, receive notifications... I liked everything! It made my life so easier during such a big event. Without it I would probably have missed many ooportunities of networking, scheduling meetings with peers and going on time to the conferences I chose upfront.

Nachteile: Maybe I didn´t look for support, but I could never find how to refer to a persona using "@".
It never worked for me.

Great product but more expensive that others

Bewertet am 31.12.2018
Nyla C.
Conference Manager
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Whova has everything you need for event management. It's easy to understand for attendees and organizers. I love how easy the communication aspect is.

Nachteile: It's more expensive that other products on the market but it does offer almost every feature you could hope for. If it's in your budget you should absolutely go for it.

Arab Affiliate Summit 2018, with Whova we rocked

Bewertet am 22.11.2018
May K.
Business Development Manager

Vorteile: The app was very user friendly, very encouraging for people to use, we loved the community part, it actually gave our audience a space to cover over all experience, to engage more, even to create new topics to talk about, the app helped us enrich and serve our community, each other part was quite amazing. Whova team was very supportive from day 1 till fishing of our event

Nachteile: I loved over all experience , nothing to talk about in this part.

CASE 7 Conference in California

Kelly S.
Senior Development Director
Hochschulbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Easy to use - gave me a 10-minute notice when my chosen presentation was going to start. I did not use the paper booklet provided by CASE just Whova to schedule my day. I think CASE could just use Whova and save money on printing.

Nachteile: No complaints - I did not find anything I felt was lacking. I did not use it to its fullest potential