Über Whova

Die All-in-one-Event-Software von Whova wurde 2016 mit dem Event Technology Award ausgezeichnet.

Erfahre mehr über Whova

Whova had the best pricing in comparison to other virtual conference platforms while still offering more features.

When you do that, the window closes, so what’s the point of that useless button.

Bewertungen zu Whova

Whova hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,8 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 889 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Whova bereits verwendet?

Kellie G.
Kellie G.
Nanny Industry Consultant Social Media Manager Blogger Writer Mentor in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, Selbstständig

Whova for a Virtual Event Win!

Kommentare: With six weeks to go for a virtual 4-day conference, Whova met all the requirements we were looking for in a virtual conference experience for both the organization and the attendees. The price point was ideal for a small organization, and their a la cart pricing helps keep within any budget. It was a very successful event for the organization and discussion is to have some virtual option moving forward, even if we still hold an in-person event.

A Small non-profit I work with moved their in-person event to virtual event for 2020. With 6 weeks until the event start in September, a decision was made to move it to a more robust option allowing for sponsor interaction. Whova came through for us in many ways - financially, user-friendly for both back end and attendee end, integration with already existing registration platform - RegFox, Zoom interface, meeting rooms, session surveys and robust reporting. Any issues we had and sent support emails were addressed in a timely manner. They offer several help documents and videos to walk you through various set-up and troubleshooting.

Be aware that Whova has their own drip-campaign of emails they send to those attending your event. We were not aware of these prior to them sending, and it cause a bit of confusion and frustration on our end. We are not able to see in advance nor edit those emails, which also contained information not pertinent to our virtual event. We did address this with our sales person in our post-event meeting, and this is an issue they are aware of and addressing.

Kirk V.
Board of Directors in USA
Staatsverwaltung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Always inproving

5 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: It is a wonderful tool for people to accumulate information about the virtual and in-person conferences. It is a very useful tool when used to it's full extent.

I like to be able to see who is attending and be able to communicate with people of same interests.

When attendees do not actively use software to it's full extent. We still have people that will not take the time to use the app.

Nana O.
Founder in UK
Verbraucherdienste, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

user friendly soft wear

3 vor 2 Monaten Neu

ease on keeping up with itinerary, search for other participants

didn't like the socialising bit of the on the soft wear

Evan J.
Assistant Blog Editor in USA
Fischerei, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

New Employee Made Veteran Connections Thanks to Whova

5 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: I'm a brand new employee with Orvis who ended up having to attend my first annual gathering solo, meaning Whova was a HUGE help for me. I made connections, found out what certain people looked like, and kept myself on schedule all thanks to Whova. Have never used anything like this before, and really glad I got over my initial skepticism and gave it a try. Was thoroughly impressed, and so were other attendees that I talked to about it.

This was my first-ever corporate conference, so I was a bit nervous about not knowing anyone or anything about it. The Whova app allowed me to connect to attendees beforehand, arranging rides and auxiliary meetings to maximize my time. I also enjoyed the Agenda feature, which clearly outlined the events of each day, and also allowed me to reach out to ask questions of the organizers prior to arriving.

Honestly, no major cons come to mind about this software. I did notice that many of the attendees chose photos of themselves that did not clearly show their faces in the thumbnail. It might be worthwhile to add instructions to the upload screen that encourage people to choose clear photos of their faces and zoom in so that we can recognize them during the event. Another feature that I wish existed (but that I can imagine was omitted due to security concerns) is a map tracking feature that would show the current location of a specific person. I spent two days trying to track down a couple of people that I never did find, would've been nice to know which conference room they were in at any given time.

Peter F.
Hydrogeologist in Kanada
Umweltdienstleistungen, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Excellent Event App

5 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: My experience with Whova has been excellent. I would highly recommend this to anyone planning an event, large or small.

Whova is an excellent app/online platform for attending events. There are a number of ways that attendees, vendors, presenters, etc. can interact. There is the chat and direct messaging features and you can also create a discussion topic where people can discuss a topic or question. The live stream has worked perfectly for me and comes with a chat, poll, and Q/A section for interacting with presenters and other attendees. The love stream allows the option to open in Zoom. The agenda tab is a great way of seeing what is coming up and you can add events to your personal agenda and get notifications of when events are starting right on you outlook (or other?) calendar. You can share videos, photos, and information and track discussions around those items. It is easy to track down other attendees, share contact information, and send direct messages. When the conference is over the information stays under the event so you can go back and re-watch recorded sessions, find information in past chat rooms, etc. I have only used this app for virtual conferences but I can see how useful this would be for mixed and in person events as well. I have never been a presenter so I can only comment on the attendee side of things.

I do wish that the zoom and whova chat functions were linked. Currently you need to pay attention to both which is not always obvious in full screen mode.

Joyce M.
Executive Director in USA
Medizinische Praxis, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Review of Whova

5 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: It was a great and convenient app. It made the conference much easier. I did not need to miss with paper and writing.

I could pick my agenda for the workshops that I wanted to take and it showed the session in in-depth detail. I also was able to put an alert before each workshop began. I also took notes on my iPhone. I can't find the notes now but I took them.

The best was the added agenda and I could also personalize it. I took notes with the app but I cannot find those notes. That needs to be changed and made easier.

Wendy K.
Director in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Virtual event success

5 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: We really appreciated the personalized customer service. That's what sold us on this platform.

The software is very intuitive. Our conference attendees understood and were able to use the many features mostly without any help from us.

We chose to keep costs as low as possible, so that resulted in less customization, but it worked for our situation.

Regina M.
Academic Program Coordinator in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Whova App fantastic

5 vor 2 Tagen Neu

Kommentare: I use for NAWDP conference twice now.

I love being able to see the Conference agenda.

I can't see what the new updates are in a timely manner. I would like better notification.

Kylee S.
Director of Life Skills/Primary Therapist in USA
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

So Helpful For Interaction

5 letzte Woche Neu

Kommentare: The app was super intuitive, easy to use, and interactive. I really felt like I got to know other guests, their interests, etc. I was able to get answers to my questions through them asking questions. I love the competitive nature of the app of earning points by participating. I had never used Whova before I LOVEd it!

I used this at a conference I attended and it was so easy to use. I used it to create my personalized agenda, to interact with other conference guests, to message presenters, to fill out surveys, to add photos. I LOVED that you could earn points as part of the app features to compete with others. This kept me interacting within the app.

I didn't really notice anything I didn't like.

Craig P.
Craig P.
Director of Community Education and Wellness in USA
Unterhaltung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Event Attendee, Speaker, and App User

5 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: I enjoyed interacting with the conference and all who attended through the app.

I am not very good at social media and this app made it easy to promote my event and interact with the folks who were attending my workshop!

I had a hard time uploading my PDF copies of my slides once I arrived to the convention and realized I hadn't done that.

Debora D.
Resource/Counselor Associate in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Great Event, Webinar and Video Chat Meeting Platform

Kommentare: Overall, enjoyed using and being able to participate in a conference that would otherwise be physical and being able to interact with other attendees. I believe there's more potential for increased interaction and exchange of info with others vs. a physical conference. I like being able to go back and reference past posts and be able to continue engaging with attendees after the event, but I wish there were no expiration for the event info and chat posts.

I used this platform for our database vendor's annual conference which had to be entirely virtual this year due to Covid-19. They offered webinars, individual drop in meeting hours with various reps, special interest topics/chat rooms, a document download section and even photo contests. There was so much available, I'm sure I didn't explore every feature. Pros: -Easy to register and log into via App or Browser, especially helpful when on a Chromebook -Clean intuitive interface -Able to see Agenda and main areas from Home page -Good one on one video chat capability for meeting with reps (didn't get to test waiting in line capability) -Video and audio was clear for webinars (our vendor used Go-To-Meeting, which allowed the complete running Transcript for both days' webinars to be viewed), convenient links to recorded webinars for past events -Variety of engaging areas, including multiple Virtual Activity and Topic Chat Rooms, and Contests that allowed users to comment and post photos - good creative fun and lurkers can also benefit from others' posts -Document download area -Able to reference info and continue interacting with attendees after the event (but limited to 6 months)

Because I am on an older Chromebook, I was unable to do some of the following: Cons: -Limited functionality on older devices kept me from viewing a Comment I added to my posted Photo in the Contest chat area (did not take the Comment), which I added via older mobile Phone - I was unable to view Comment on either my Phone or my older Chromebook (could have been user error) -Comment to my Photo by others did not show up under my Photo but much further down and under the other person's posts - layout for comments and replies was confusing and didn't follow sub-menu properly or consistently - My Reply to a Comment added via older Chrome device did show up under her Comment, but not under my Photo (maybe it was the other User's error or perhaps she submitted it via her Phone and also had a problem) - mobile interface may be a little buggy. -Was unable to see the number of likes per Photo or Posts on everyone's submitted Photos on my older Chromebook device, but was able to see these on my Phone -6 month time limit access to content (would love to access indefinitely)

Visiting Researcher in Brunei Darussalam
Hochschulbildung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

A must have tool for event organisers

Kommentare: The app is optimized for business events (were no abstract handling is required), however, we used it successfully to manage our attendees in a small scientific conference. We loved checking in our attendees ultra-fast, posting last-minute changes and useful information in the app and share event photos. It helped a lot in creating the name badges (maybe could consider a certificate feature according to the registration category as well?). As organizers, we would prefer a bit more flexibility and one cost for all the features, however, all of our participants loved the application and we received very positive feedback from them

The QR code attendee check-in is probably the highlight of Whova's features. It checks in the attendees a matter of seconds, skipping the long lines in the registration counters. The updated version of Whova includes features that can be used directly to the event's website (e.g. Agenda webpage). Great customer service experience with online training on how to use the app.

Several features require in-app purchases and purchases per-use (e.g the paid tickets or the sponsors' features). This may be a struggle for small events (less than 500 participants) who need to have an idea of the overall cost in advance. As a customer, I would greatly appreciate the flexibility to rename and create new or delete categories in all the fields of the event content, as well as flexibility to include the same person under two or three attendee categories (organizers, volunteers, speaker, secretariat) as the posts are normally shared among a small group of people who assist in the organization. Lastly, even though it is helpful attendees to register via facebook many of them use nicknames which ends up printing wrong badges. I have not used the app as an attendee, so I suggest to offer an option to register via LinkedIn, Academia or other professional websites, inform that the name used should be the same one used during registration and that will be printed in the name badge requesting their approval.

Darlene D.
Accreditation Manager in USA
Strafverfolgung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Excellent option to keep your conference attendees engaged

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: This app was an incredibly useful tool for both an in-person and a virtual conference. I think any company organizing an event would be remiss not to consider it.

I have not purchased this software to use with my business, but have used it for two large conferences I attended and it seemed to make the events run seamlessly. The ease of which attendees can peruse the available sessions and then add events to their own agendas is wonderful. You can click between the full schedule and your own agenda easily. Also, the web version and the mobile version are both useful in additional different ways. The mobile version is great for engaging the attendees with discussion posts and surveys. The web version was especially robust for this past conference, which was all virtual. Each session was clickable from the agenda and once in the page for a session, a zoom presentation was available to view and a chat and Q&A tab were available at all times along side the presentation window. (Both web and mobile have the same easy-to-use agenda building section.)

The mobile app does not allow you to view nested zoom presentations for any given session. I believe many people would utilize that feature instead of having to sit on their computers. That being said, these were learning sessions so perhaps that was a choice of the organizing body since they wanted attendees to have a separate window open to work through the training modules in their software.

Programs Coordinator in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Competitive Event Platform

Kommentare: Overall I think that our attendees navigated the platform easily and were able to view our content, which is most important. It was much easier for our speakers to do their presentations as everyone is now accustomed to Zoom. Having Zoom as the background for live presentations was beneficial. Chat was available for help with questions, but they didn't always know the answers. I would either end up figuring it out or not using it. I think it will become more beneficial when we are hybrid and can use some of the in-person functions with their app.

It was an easy software to navigate. We previously used ON24 which was not as intuitive to navigate as Whova is. There are easy shortcuts when building the conference pages that made building the virtual platform easy and fast. They offer you a pre-made speaker and agenda page with different templates which were great as we embedded it into our existing website.

We did not know if we did not want the audience to see the speakers we would need to purchase the webinar function in zoom. We did not know this before we purchased the platform and were disappointed as we thought we were saving money from our last platform but we ended up spending extra anyway. Also not all the analytics were as detailed unlike our last platform. We did not like that we were unable to move tabs and icons such as the "community" which was not necessary for our event.

Karen R.
Operations Support Specialist III in USA
Umweltdienstleistungen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Advantages of Using Whova at a Conference

Kommentare: At the Cority conference in Nashville, I was able to set my schedule for sessions that related to me and take notes at those conferences from the app. It allowed me to set up networking with others in my field. The opportunity that Whova extends for engagement between attendees is phenomenal. All attendees were able to communicate like issues with current software usage, likes, dislikes, schedule meetups, give tips, and just share fun things about each other within the community. Attendees have the ability to message each other within the app, as well as, exchange information. Whova is wonderful organizational and communication tool for conferences. It allows you the functionality and flexibility to stay connected. Even after the conference, I am still able to stay connected and message with my new networking contacts within the app.

Whova is great for the ease of setting schedules, networking opportunities, functionality, flexibility, user friendly interface, ability to create meetups, ability to share memories through photo sharing, and the engagement opportunities with other attendees at the conference. I also like that you can still communicate with other attendees (networking opportunities) even after the conference is over.

I have used the Whova app at several Cority conferences, and I have yet to find any negative issues.

Kimberly P.
Insurance/Credentialing Manager in USA
Medizinische Praxis, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Attending Seminars in 21st Century

Kommentare: The cost of attending conferences can be staggering. Not only for registration but travel and staying
at the conference. Using Whova to organize the conference allows the attendees much more freedom and ease in attending and tracking where you need to be.

Whova is a wonderful addition for any conference. I first used Whova in 2018 while attending RTUC in Las Vegas. As you can imagine, this is an enormous place with lots of things to do for a first time visitor. Whova let me organize my agenda, set up meetings and after hours get togethers, all in one place. I loved being able to look in one place to find what was coming up. This year our conference was done online only. The usual get togethers and lunches were missing but Whova still made it personal. We had pictures, messages, events, question and answers from sessions and even a leader board to show who was doing the best. I would love to attend future events online as long as Whova is a part of them. You truly have a very easy to use and appealing app. Thank you for making attending yearly Conferences more enjoyable even during the Pandemic.

I don't really have any complaints. I think Whova has a very appealing look and very user friendly

Hannah C.
Librarian in Hongkong
Bildungsmanagement, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Ideal for conferences, whether in-person, virtual, or mixed

We first used this app for an in-person conference before COVID-19 hit the world, and it was already helpful. Now, I love how easy it is to incorporate digital and virtual aspects even if/when you plan an in-person event. With all the travel restrictions and extra health precautions these days, it makes it easy to have people participating relatively equally whether they are attending physically or not. I appreciate how easy it is to share articles and supplementary materials for sessions, as well as share notes and questions with attendees and presenters alike. The app encourages member interaction through things like suggesting chat rooms based around specific topics, suggesting meet-ups (in person or virtual), creating polls, etc. For me, the best part of conferences is social networking, and Whova does as good a job as I could hope for in making that possible even when we're physically separated.

Sometimes the sheer number of features can be intimidating, and if you have two separate events that are working together, it's quite bothersome to have to constantly switch between the two events to find the specific session or resource you're looking for. It'd be nice if there were a way to have a personal agenda that includes all your sessions from all your conferences.

Alhassan A.
Research Coordinator in Ghana
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

efficient, silent, and extremely powerful tool

Kommentare: Whova has had a lot of impact on the structure of our events. We always had to engage professional event organizers to help us manage our stakeholder engagement events, that often included simultaneous parallel sessions and large groups. With Whova as our able assistant now, we are able to efficiently manage these events with just our in-house staff. And the live polling feature has certainly made our events much more enjoyable and interactive for our participants.

The innovation of the virtual network tables has been groundbreaking for me, both as an event organizer and also as an event participant. I love that we are able to select from a wide range of practical options for which format these groupings and sessions should take. Whether one on one, small groups, or larger ones; these are the parts of events I enjoy the most, and whova has successfully kept that feeling with the networking tables.

Integration with other native conferencing software does not work smoothly every time. Our videos kept freezing, and having time delays that affected the flow of the event.

Zaf C.
Produce in Brasilien

If you have Whova Conference is very easy and effective!

This app helped me a lot in the meeting. The best meeting app I've seen so far. I liked being able to easily create calendars, connect with people, scan business cards. It was VERY helpful to have photos of people also in the participants section. I managed to connect with many people with this simple plugin. Actually, I still use it to connect with people! Whova has significantly changed my experience at the conference and I will always strongly recommend this to anyone attending a conference.

I only think good things about this software, I haven't had a bad experience.

Lynden M.
XR Lab & Studio Manager in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Whoa! Whova

Kommentare: I have begun to connect with like minded people and work on a Virtual Reality project to build an application for many programs.

I attended the Kaltura 2020 Connect conference in New Orleans, LA. and Whova is the first interactive application I have been introduce to at a conference. The Kaltura team kept all of the attendees engaged in every event that was going on prior to the conference and throughout the 3 days using Whova. I realized how powerful Whova was when I found myself lock in to the application day after day. Need to say, Whova gave me access to so many attendees from around the world. On the application we were able to set up connect meeting to discuss common interests, share rides, discuss new technologies, etc. Whova provided you your daily agenda along with reminders on your phone, iPad, computer, smart watch, and pop ups from other attendees. Something I found uniques was it allows you to take notes for every event, meet ups, and you can provide real time feedback. I find feedback extremely important for growth. No matter what industry you are in, this application I highly recommend to increase innovation and productivity.

The only thing I can say disappointing about this software is that I was not exposed to it first.

Kathy B.
Community Relations/Marketing Director in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Exceptional Value!

Kommentare: The WHOVA app provided a wonderful user experience for our delegates. It made it easy for our delegates to connect with other attendees and speakers, share contact information, and be informed about all the event logistics and details. As the organizer of the event, the app had the perfect combination of "ready-made" options with the ability to customize and personalize. I found it extremely intuitive to use. When I did have a question, the online customer service was amazing. Overall the WHOVA app was a great value and contributed to the success of our event.

Easy to use-ready made templates made it easy to customize and upload information. Exceptional Customer Service-online chat was prompt and very helpful

Antwort von Whova

We are happy to know that you like our Whova app. Thanks for the feedback, and we will keep you updated with new features coming soon!

Volunteer in USA
Medienproduktion, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Successful Informative Conference provided by WHOVA Software Application

Kommentare: Elated by the Whova application that provided technical accomplishments with simplicity to learn how to use the application as a user. This software enabled me to attend a multiple day conference with numerous speakers during the day. What a lesson I learned by using Whova software application that allowed me to attend an informational conference that didn't have to be cancelled due to Covid-19. Bravo to conference owners and Whova's application.

Amazing application that provided reliability and resources. As a user, I logged onto application several times a day to attend speaker resentations. The simplicity and the developmental complexity secured the underlying operation of the conference with confidence that worked every time.

Though the Whova provided a log-in for the users guide, I neglected to read relying on operational time to use the software. However, without technical expertise, I maneuvered around the applications to attend the speaker's hourly presentation. A snapshot or bullet print-out lesson would have been helpful. I relied on the conference leader to keep me informed attendees with tips to solve any problems during the conference without disruption. That meant you provided the conference owners with excellent support which provided a great, successful conference.

Gabriella R.
Freelancer in Italien
Design, Selbstständig

Conferences made fun & functional!

Kommentare: Whova provides an incredible platform for guests to interact with one another. All guests were able to speak about current software usage concerns, likes, dislikes, organize meetups, provide recommendations, and just share fascinating facts about one other within the community. Within the app, attendees may send messages to one another and exchange information. Whova is a fantastic conference organization and communication platform. It gives you the ability to stay connected while also giving you the freedom to do so. Even after the conference, I can use the app to remain in touch with my new networking friends and send them messages.

I used this program before COVID-19 and found it to be quite useful. Now, even if/when planning an in-person event, I enjoy how simple it is to add digital and virtual elements. With all of the travel restrictions and extra health measures in place these days, it's easy to have everyone participate equally, whether physically there or not. I like how simple it is to exchange articles and other session materials, as well as notes and questions, with participants and speakers. The software promotes member connection by recommending chat rooms based on specific subjects, arranging meet-ups, and conducting polls.

The sheer quantity of features might be daunting at times, and having to continuously jump between two events to get the precise session or resource you're searching for can be rather inconvenient if you have two distinct events that function together. It would be great if there was a way to create a customized agenda that included all of your conference sessions.

Valerie L.
Professionelles Training & Coaching, Selbstständig

WHOVA delivers a high quality conferencing experience

Kommentare: I did not purchase WHOVA; I was merely a conference attendee. If I were hosting a conference, I would definiteley check it out.

I attended a global virtual conference hosted by/on WHOVA. The software was easy to use, available on desktop and mobile, and had built in features that enabled virtual attendees to develop relationship before, during and after the conference. It accommodated interactive sessions (breakouts) without any technical glitches, and brought numerous speaker and panelists together again with no technical difficulties. Reliability and quality of the conferencing were impressive. WHOVA gamifies participation to help attendees get to know each other and add a fun factor too. Notifications were helpful to navigate to messages, announcements, and postings as they came in.

On mobile, I could not get to the Q&A panel to post questions. I also could not turn my video on from my iPAD.

Eric K.
Senior Account Executive in USA
Logistik & Lieferkette, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

As a conference attendee and sponsor - Whova checks the boxes

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Bottom line: It helped me connect with other attendees and keep my schedule like no other platform has.

For the last conference we sponsored (Goalmakers 2020 National Forum), the ease of creating a booth space and offering a raffle and give away was unmatched to other platforms I have experienced. It tracks traffic and makes the virtual booth actually work for attendance. As an attendee, my profile had sufficient depth and made contact with other attendees easy. My schedule was easy to see and follow throughout. This is at least the third time I have used Whova with success.

I would love to see a hallway chat function. My brother attended a virtual conference that allowed attendees to drop into the "hallway" during the breaks. That would mirror the networking that would happen between sessions in an in-person conference.