Über Mention

Mention ist eine Monitoring-Lösung für soziale Medien, die entwickelt wurde, um Stichwort-basierte Benachrichtigungen über deine Marke, Wettbewerber und mehr zu liefern.

Erfahre mehr über Mention

Nicht verfügbar

Nicht verfügbar

Bewertungen zu Mention

Mention hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 271 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Mention bereits verwendet?

Abigail N.
Abigail N.
Founder in Kenia

Great for social media monitoring and measuring social sentiment

Kommentare: It helped monitor competitor mentions, my brand's mentions and most importantly it helped gauge how people felt about my brand, whether positive, negative or neutral.

I originally signed up for mention to measure the social sentiment of one of the brands I managed. My first choice was Hootsuite but the form wasn't loading so I decided to try Mention. Best decision I ever made! After signing up and setting up keywords to measure, alerts and dashboards, I forgot about Mention because it wasn't giving me info on past activity, I got an email from Account Executive at Mention and we scheduled a 15 minutes call to walk me through mention and answer my questions. The call helped me understand how to use mention, It also explained why the social sentiment dashboard wasn't showing much info. Mention doesn't show past data only data from when the account is set up. I liked the email alerts on competitors social media mentions, I wanted to know who was mentioning my competitors and why, and if they were journalists, I could use Hunter and Clearbit to get their emails so I could send them a pitch. I think the pros of Mention are: Good support from the Mention team, simple interface that is easy to use and resources such as webinars to make the most of the software, email alerts on competitors mention on social media, blogs, forums etc. And of course the simple social sentiment dashboard.

The brand I used Mention on was a small brand with little activity, and most social media interactions were in the past after we ran a campaign. Which didn't help much because Mention only showed data collected after setting up. I wish I could get sentiment from past activity so I can measure how my brand was viewed then and now.

Kristi A.
Marketing & PR Manager in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Mention gets all the mentions

Kommentare: Back in the day, we’d monitor news with Google Alerts which was obviously a terrible idea. Mention picks up stuff lightning fast and it’s incredibly affordable if you're on a budget and looking to get in to more serious media monitoring. I can’t recommend Mention enough as a user-friendly, cost-effective, thorough solution. It also offers more advanced options for when your budget or need increases.

It’s a cost-effective, in-depth monitoring solution.

I wish more features were available to base plans, even on an a la carte basis.

Enes Y.
Information Technology in Türkei

Mention Review

5,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

I am pleased that content management is comprehensive and convenient. This is my favorite feature.

It could have been more comprehensive and the interface more professional.

Andy A.
Andy A.
CEO and Founder in USA
11-50 Mitarbeiter

Metion monitors social media so you don't have to.

Kommentare: Not much that I can't get from others . Over time Mention has lost its luster and is easily replaced by other tools.

Mention is easy to set up, and provides reporting on what's going on in social media based on what you want it to track.

Mention is constantly asking me to log in again and validate my accounts with services like LinkedIn. This is troubling as it impacts timely deliver, and is more of an interruption than a benefit. It's like LinkedIn or Facebook don't trust them.

Emirhan S.
Music in Türkei
Musik, Selbstständig

Mention is cool

4,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

It is very successful, although it has shortcomings, it has an affordable price

I don't think you have presented enough analytical data.

Mohammed S.
Field Manager in Ghana
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

the perfect tool to allow you stay informed on your performance, and stay ahead of looming troubles

Kommentare: Mention has been a really great and effective tool that provided us with the much needed insights we required to help us expand into other complementary sectors and services. By gauging the perception of the general public to related activities and competing products, we have been able to better time our ad campaigns and network engagements to achieve the maximum results possible.

I guess the best thing about Mention is that it provides the full circle of complementary services needed to completely manage the image and interests of our businesses and projects. By far, one of my most interesting features about setting up alerts is that I can use tags to create alerts within broader alerts. This allows for an effective filtering system that makes our work ten times easier.

Some elements within the user interface could be decoupled and further simplified to make navigation and learning for new first-time users a little easier.

David P.
David P.
Developer | Evangelist in Frankreich
Computer-Software, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Great to monitor your brand

I like a lot the fact you can easily monitor everything about your brand on social medias, web sites, ... And also easily filter out what you don't want (the noise). For example, I'm not interested in the job offers related to my software. Excluding a website or a given term from the alerts is super easy and efficient.

Nothing really. The website and its mobile version are easy to use. The email I'm getting every day is perfect.

Mike X.
Mike X.
Marketing & Werbung
Quelle: GetApp

If you can get it in the budget, it's a no brainer

Kommentare: I only used the trial so I don't have a long history with the service. I've been a marketing professional for over 10 years and understand the value of time, knowledge and keeping up with discussions going on about your product and the people associated. I'm impressed with how easy it is to set up and get back to work... you can tweak settings as you start getting results to really hone in on what you're after. There's no point rambling on about Mention, it simply does what you expect it to do in an intuitive way.

Quick to set up, easy to adjust, friendly and responsive support staff... fast learning curve!

You get pretty flooded with results in the beginning which can be overwhelming and turn some people off that the service has just thrown a wide catch net over the internet and giving you everything! BUT it's only as good as what you put in... it's up to YOU to get the most out of it, put in the right search terms, the right filters and it's amazing how accurate it can be. The con here is that it might be a good idea in the onboarding phase to ensure people understand this (maybe I missed it).

Antwort von mention

Thanks a lot for testing Mention and leaving this great review. I appreciate how accurately you describe the challenge of setting up the search correctly with our filters to avoid being flooded with irrelevant results. It's great that you pointed it out, we will work on emphasis this during the on-boarding phase, as you mentioned.

Umang S.
Umang S.
Chief Operating Officer in Nepal
11-50 Mitarbeiter

Most easiest way to track your brand keywords

When you are managing various brands in social media one of the major or first thing you have to do is to get register with Mentions. Mentions is the tool by which you are able to track any keywords that are being type in social platforms. This way you can track if it is positive, negative or neutral comments.

I have subscribed to email reporting but this software email reporting is not up to mark is the least like of this software.

Ben C.
Ben C.
Director of Client Facing Experience & Analytics in
Finanzdienstleistungen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Great Product, Great Price!

Kommentare: HomeBridge Financial Services, Inc. is a financial company that wanted a better way to monitor our brand mentions across the web. With Mention, we found an easy to use product that would allow us to monitor our brand across the entire web (not just social sites that limit many other popular products). We're now able to identify and react all types of posts; significantly improving our engagement success. This also helps improve our customer service, by allowing us to quickly respond and alleviate customers that may need assistance. I highly recommend this product to anyone looking to get a hold of their brand reputation. I'll be looking for this review post in my mention feed too :)

thorough, intuitive, great UI, allows multiple users and triage of assignments, detects all types of websites (not just social sites), good price, great customer service (but I rarely, if ever, need it), has an API and integrates with Zendesk amongst other systems,

doesn't archive mention data (eg if someone removes a post, the content is lost), doesn't show direct message content

Coy W.
CEO in USA

Okay Monitoring Service, But Buyer Beware - No Option to Cancel

Kommentare: Most poor reviews come from disgruntled clients who proceed to trash the company. This is not a positive review, but to be fair there are some positive qualities about the application. For starters, do your homework and review all the options available. Turns out there are other companies with more robust platforms that offer more services for a lower price. Mention offers decent monitoring services for companies that don't have PR teams with the ability to focus on monitoring. You can set up alerts (up to a point, before getting charged again) and manage the results to attempt to get focused. Even so, there is a ton of noise that has to be filtered out. For the time you spend tooling around with the app you could actually set up other methods to get the same results. For us, Mention didn't quite offer all the value for the price and upsells. We restructured our PR to be smarter and narrow in on specific sources for each campaign - something our clients greatly appreciate. Attribution is easy to measure without using Mention, so it was obvious to us that we are paying a premium (over a quarterly premium and upsells) for a service that isn't doing much for us. That may not be the case for you, but when we opted to end our agreement, Mention's answer was basically "I don't care, pay me my money". Not a very good look and definitely prevents me from ever considering them again even if they upgraded their services in the future.

The solution offers online monitoring that includes news, social media, message boards, and forums. There is an added cost to include traditional news sources like TV & Radio, but the extra cost makes the overall package more expensive than other solutions on the market. The setup team was actually good, so the initial experience with the company was positive.

With exception of message boards and forums, you can reasonably achieve the same results using Google Alerts. For the cost and non-cancellable contract, you can actually fill in the gaps with just a little bit of leg work and some ingenuity. We ended up having to manually monitor review sites (like TripAdvisor), regardless of the promises made by Mention. That was pretty inconvenient. Additionally, we found quite a bit of chatter that wasn't being picked up by Mention. Eventually, we had to ask ourselves what's the point of paying so much money for the service. Mention doesn't break contracts, even if you're paying the premium for quarterly payments - which most ethical companies offer knowing that you may have to make a break. Their handling of that request leaves a lot to be desired.

Marketing Communications Manager in Philippinen
Öffentlichkeitsarbeit und Kommunikation, Selbstständig
Quelle: GetApp

A much better replacement for Google Alerts!

Kommentare: Mention is a very efficient tool for PR pros who are in charge of brand reputation and issues management. It is very useful in catching online mentions that can be an issue starter. And being able to see it early on can help avoid turning these issues into a full-blown crisis.

For quite a long time, I’ve been relying on Google alerts to help me scan the internet for any mentions of my brand. Subscribing to Mention has been one of my company’s best decisions as it gives you more comprehensive results in scouring the internet with brand mentions that can either be good or detrimental to your brand. It has a great and easy to use dashboard. It also has an advanced notification system that delivers quality alerts straight to your inbox. I also like that it can also scan Twitter for brand mentions, leading to a more prominent media article that I always miss in Google alerts.

It can be a bit laggy at times, but somewhat manageable. You would also need support from their rep during the initial setup to train you on how to use and maximize the app’s full potential.

Nicole M.
Managing Partner in Australien
Regierungsbeziehungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Fantastic Media Monitoring service

Kommentare: I was an early adopter of Mention App and have seen it grow from strength to strength. Compared to high priced media monitoring from large companies on offer - it is often quicker, more precise and always covers the full social, online and offline news environment. I use it for my clients and highly recommend it.

Ease of use, quick set up and accurate results. In built-sentiment analysis is useful. It's also helpful you can connect your social accounts to Mention and use the dashboard to respond to customer queries.

Not as evolved in the visualisation of data as competitors, but this isn't a big con because the data gathered is timely, precise and relevant (which other platforms struggle with). But would be great to see more options to display data.

Ad Operations Manager in Ukraine
Internet, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Good tool for tracking activities and brand mentions through the network

Kommentare: We decided to bought Mention for marketing and support purposes, for tracking our brand, some keywords and competitors' mentions through the network and social media.

Easy and convenient interface with the possibility to track and review multiple alerts you are interested in. One alert monitoring is available for free. I like that all the interesting for me keyword mentions from the whole Internet, including social pages and forums, are collected and stored in one place. There is also a possibility to respond right from the dashboard without switching to other sites.

I noted that sometimes mentions especially on different forums can be missed by this tool. It would be also great to track some alert history (e.g. last year), for now mentions are collecting from the day you started to use this software.

Darla B.
Marketing Coordinator in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Mentions is Awesome!

Kommentare: I like the way you can limit the amount of feedback by blocking those you know don't belong and adding key words and using key words to block. I've been using this product for about two years. I'm a one person PR shop so it really saves me time in searching for those commenting about our school.

I get notifications by email about people talking about the school. It covers all social media and all sources on the web. It's really great and easy to use.

It's pretty pricy for a school but they do have a free option that is what I use. They used to have a larger number of free mentions but now it's only 100 which isn't many. I reach my max by the end of the first week of the month. I wish they had an educational discount.

Frédéric P.
Head of Digital Publishing in Frankreich

Mention allows me to monitor my brand and competition easily.

Kommentare: I can monitor any word, brand or name I want, giving me a headstart upon dealing with certain subjects.

What I like about Mention is the speed with which it finds the occurrences of the keywords I indicate to it. Rather than my competitors, I observe with this tool the vivacity of certain themes.

The interface is empty and not very intuitive. Fortunately, email alerts allow me to quickly access the last mentions of my keywords, because I don't use the web page where my information is collected, or very little. But this is a minor detail, because it is of particular interest to full-time community managers.

Community Leader in Polen
Quelle: GetApp

The easiest tool to monitor media

When I started my work 3,5 years ago I tested a lot of media monitoring tools and Mention keep being the best so far. The first thing - it's clear and easy. The second - it lets me reply on Twitter mentions without leaving the app - it saves time. The third - I can see in the right side of the app what's inside the mention so I can see if it worth my attention without leaving the app.

I don't have any cons in mind. Maybe the fact, that during these 3,5 years I've been using it the app missed some articles that turned out to be quite important.

Anastasia T.
Product Expert in Ukraine
Quelle: GetApp

I've tried many services...

I've tried many services to monitor our brand mentions and all of them start showing you too many junk and irrelevant matches. In comparison, I've found Mention to be the most precise monitoring tool, which takes info from the quality sources and never skipping the more obscure ones, but only if that's relevant. Also, monitoring Twitter is a nice and useful addition.

I've been using mention sine it had a free tier and as far as I know, there is none anymore. So, be prepared to shell out, but it's definitely worth it.

Margarita L.
Blogger, Founder, Autor in Russland

Infinity Functionality software

For brands legends startups writers stars successful businesses growing campaigns creators those, who love Mention Infinity constructive opportunities for campaigns to promote a startups, projects or a legendary brands. You can characterize the service as accessibility, mobility, infinity This service uses the most current methods for obtaining references to the brand Can be in a few clicks: Monitor social media in real time. Monitor a billion sources in more than 60 languages. Learn the most authoritative opinions about a brand or keyword. Connect social accounts for mobile response. Creation of actual reports and comparison of notifications. Export data to PDF or CSV. Teamwork with the team by exchanging alerts. Work with a mobile device. Team Mention it's lovely and best team

Ann C.
Marketing Director in USA
Computer-Software, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Mention is a good overall tool for measuring Share of Voice and tracking visibility.

Kommentare: Good overall look at Share of Voice versus our competition. Affordablility.

Ease of Use and Affordability. For getting a quick and relatively accurate overall Share of Voice reading, Mention is a solid tool. It is affordable and provides the basic functionality a marketer needs to measure social media and online mentions.

Granularity in results and being able to track Share of Conversation is limited. Accessing history is limited, as it only tracks from the time you set up a stream search. Limited in key word functionality and Boolean searches until you upgrade and then it gets more expensive.

Osa L.
Marketing in Kanada

Learn all the secrets of your competitors

It's easy to learn whenever anyone is mentioned in the media. Do you want to keep track of your own mentions and protect your reputation? Mention can do that. Do you want to spy from your competitors so that you can easily adapt their innovative ideas for your own benefit? Mention can help you.

It can be a bit complicated if you're not used to software like this, but if you're patient you can figure it out.

Victor I.
Ukraine

Love Mention!

You cant catch everything that's happening on the Internet around your brand. This is what's Menion for. It helps you find fresh mentions and discussions of the topics you're interested in, so you're always updated on the most recent development.

It might have been a little more precise. While Mention is really great, it's best to combine it with some other similar app.

Co-Founder and CEO in USA
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Great tool

I love how Mention scraps the web for mentions, tweets, news, etc. about your company and delivers it daily. I made a lot of personal connections with people who tweeted about us and I would have never known otherwise

A lot of times there are wrong tweets delivered to my email daily. especially if there's a similarity in names, I'm not sure how it can be fixed though.

Ferg D.
Communications Strategist in Kanada
Öffentlichkeitsarbeit und Kommunikation, Selbstständig

Comprehensive Community Engagement Tool

Kommentare: Mention is a wonderfully complex community engagement tool that allows you to complete many functional tasks that were likely separate streams of "work" for people in the past. There are several features that allow you to better engage with your community. There is also a nice high level analytics report tool to assess your metrics. There is also a great opportunity to customize messaging to your audience. Several of their filters help you keep an eye on performance within your network. Who's following, Who's not, Who's engaging with you. Give it a try !

It makes management of my social networks easier, less time involved.

Be sure to select the right frequency of "notifications" or you might overwhelmed by the updates. Your choice.

Digital Marketing Specialist in UK

A must have for your PR efforts

Kommentare: It's a really good bit of software. I just wish they'd introduce an 'unlimited mention' pricing tier, and make it affordable.

It's a social listening tool, so it monitors mentions of your brand, your competitors and even your market on social media. It tells you who's talking about your areas of interest, and what they're saying. This makes it easy to start a conversation with potential leads or influencers. But the feature I like most is the ranking of influencers for a social term - this helps you target your PR to the most important influencers.

It can be expensive, and the price is difficult to justify if you're a small business.