There is no better option anywhere near this price point

Bewertet am 16.4.2019
John B.
Senior Network Engineer
Öl & Energie, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Domotz gives us the ability to monitor remote locations without the expense of needing a tech onsite. When considering the price-point of this software, I can install as many agents as I need without worrying about huge bills that will show up later. Something else that needs mentioning, the customer support is absolutely amazing. I have dealt with enterprise level support throughout all areas of the industry and Domotz really does put all those big guys in a corner. The response time and attention to customer's needs could not be better.

Vorteile: The client is extremely easy to setup and light weight. The auto-detection has to be about the fastest on the market. Many times I get an alert for a new device on the network before I even realize it has pulled an IP. No matter which level you subscribe to, you would be hard pressed to match this feature set with anything else on the market, and, even if you could, it would not look as nice nor function as well. This platform just flat-out works, and it works very well. Almost everyday I stumble across a feature that I didn't even know existed.

Nachteile: My only issue, and this may sound ridiculous to many, but, I am somewhat old school; and it often takes me longer than it should to figure out the newer, cleaner software that just did not exist 10 years ago. This is more than likely a personal problem, not an issue with the platform.

Excellent "now" network monitoring tool

Bewertet am 12.7.2019
Tim G.
AV & IT Engineer

Kommentare: I use the box in high value private assets where there is no IT support onsite, this allows me to see and access what is going on. I think it is value for what you get, and happily pay a little more if the IT network monitoring would be more comprehensive and collected data more accessible.

Vorteile: It's a simple unit (I only use the "Box" version), that you can in matter of minutes setup and integrate into the network. It collects detailed data and depending on the device has very integrated management features. Their customer support is fast and thorough, bending over backwards where they can.

Nachteile: It's a now product, I like to look at the (recent) history and see if there are trouble patterns, it is hard to extract this from the interface. It also misses (standard, for me) features like network topology. Their "Fingbox" product at this time gives a better monthly report that the pro version. Currently I use another software tool to fullfill these extra features and end up paying double, money that I would pay on Domotz instead!

Great for SMB

Bewertet am 1.7.2019
Matthieu H.
Möbel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have 4 small shops, each one with 1 our 2 computers, router with 2 WANs, VoIP phones Camera and Alarm.
All shops are connected via VPN to a server in our office and to a cloud server with our sales and accounting system.
All equipment and sub-networks are monitered from ou Synology server with Domotz installed.

Vorteile: Very simple
Scalable, even for not so small businesses
Great and quick support

Nachteile: Limitation for sub-net monitoring (0 in lite plan, 3 in advanced plan, 8 in Premium).

Changing Landscape of Remote Support

Bewertet am 15.4.2019
Magnolia Technical Trainer
Einzelhandel, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are solving many issues every day through the use of Domotz. When we do have an issue with anything within the Domotz environment reaching out to their tech support gets us a resolution very quickly, i would guess around 15-20 mins. They have been a great company to partner with!

Vorteile: Domotz has enabled me to be proactive in supporting clients. The notifications let me know when a device drops from the network. I can then open the remote app from anywhere, and see if it is something i can fix remotely. Typically devices lock up and need a power cycle. Domotz has support for PDUs like the Wattbox, Luxul, and BlueBolt which make fixing a potential issue a snap!

Nachteile: I don't have any issues with the software. the "issue" is once you see what it can do you want more. So constantly asking Domotz if it would be possible to build in XYZ.

Perfect, essential for every IT administrator

Bewertet am 12.10.2018
Samuel C.
IT System Administrator
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: An indispensable program for administrators or IT technicians,
keeps track of all the company network products in order.
It allows in advance to intervene by the customer in case of failures,
the app is easy and intuitive, allows you to have alerts of what happens in the network in real time!
Forwarding have recently opened to third-party developers this means the possibility of integrating or having many innovations in terms of integration, from the asset software to the hw asset, I am confident that these indispensable functions will soon arrive!
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
It was a long time since I was looking for a similar product

Nachteile: I have not seen any obvious defects, the only improvement I can recommend, to lighten up the old-style PC graphics

Great for monitoring and administrating remote sites

Bewertet am 30.7.2019
Niclas R.

Kommentare: We monitor lots of small remote branches using domotz Pro. Being always up to date on the internet connection speed, the availability of important services and having the ability to remotely configure devices makes domotz a big plus for us.

Vorteile: domotz Pro is a great solution for monitoring distant networks. The remote agent infrastructure make the deployment and rollout easy. We especially like the ability to integrate PDUs for switching remote devices on and off and the remote connection capabilities (web, rdp, ssh, custom ports). This enables us to do zero touch deployments of devices that have static IP addresses preconfigured in a different subnet and are shipped directly to the customers.

Nachteile: Some license limitations such as a limited amount of shared alerts in the "Advanced" subscription plan should be relaxed. Besides that, most monitoring needs can be realised using custom TCP/SNMP queries.

Fantastic for small MSP

Bewertet am 30.8.2019
Wayne H.
Support Engineer
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Kommentare: The experience has been fantastic. I am not an MSP so cost is a big deal.
You get a lot of bang for your buck with this especially when you support home users.
The monitoring and alerts alone are so worth it.
Also the raspberry pi or linux agent support is fantastic.
I run my main agent in a ubuntu vm in VMware ESXi and it runs flawlessly.
All my other sites are run off Raspberry pi 3's. Also run flawlessly.

Vorteile: Ease of use is a big plus. The web interface and mobile app are nice and polished. The ability to create a direct link to a certain service e.g ssh or http(s) is my most used feature.
Being able to set custom alerts is also a big plus.

Nachteile: The software isn't as intuitive as I would like with discovery or vendor support.
But each release seems to get better and better.

Great and simple

Bewertet am 26.8.2019
Jayce P.
IT Manager
Sport, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I can monitor 2 distant sites with no tech on site. One of this site is a 72ha area with multiple buildings.

Vorteile: The simplicity. You plug, connect your account and it just works.

Nachteile: It lacks 2 features : the automatic cleaning of offline devices after X days offline. It's either we delete all offline device or manually delete them one by one.
Also, I'd like a way to link location to real locations on a map instead of only have the location of agents on maps.

Once you start using Domotz for monitoring your customer networks and devices, you cannot go back!

Bewertet am 14.4.2016
Lello D.

Kommentare: Domotz is super easy to install and get up and running. Set-up is as simple as connecting a power plug and a network cable. That's it!
Domotz also has an app so I can access all my Domotz agents/customer networks anytime, from anywhere, which runs perfectly on my iPhone.
I love that I can setup alerts for all the important devices on my customers' network (I do residential Home Automation installations). When any of my customer's important devices go offline, I'm notified in real time and I can remotely solve the problem (in 99% of cases rebooting the device solves the problem which I can also do from the Domotz app!). I can do all troubleshooting for my customers, right from my iPhone!
Before using Domotz, to do the same troubleshooting operations it was cumbersome and time consuming. I had to start my PC (I don't always carry my PC with me), connect to the internet, remember the credentials to access the customer's devices via DynDNS or via VPN (both of these services require a long time to setup), remember what PDU and port that device is connected to, or access to file with that customer network topology, then access to the PDU and cycle that port. That was extremely difficult to be done out of my office, now I can do in few clicks from my iPhone!
Thanks to the live monitoring activity and customized alerts, I can immediately take action on any device problems my customers may have, including the ones that they have not discovered yet.
Domotz is the software of choice for integrators. They offer a significant free trial of 90 days, which makes the software well worth giving a try!
Overall, I highly recommend Domotz for monitoring and remote support.

Best value for money with stellar support!

Bewertet am 19.7.2019
Remigiusz G.
Vorstandsbüro, Selbstständig

Kommentare: We use Domotz to manage both our network and all of our clients networks, we use in to monitor any down devices, remote ourselves in and keep logs on the network details. Their support has also been amazing

Vorteile: The Value for money is absolutely amazing. The software does exactly what you want it to do when managing networks and it does it in a modern and uncluttered style.

Nachteile: This is definitely not a con but maybe a feature request, I would love to have a ticketing system within Domotz (obviously uplift the price for the feature) this would better allow to manage a network and have device specific tickets!

Excellent monitoring software

Bewertet am 27.7.2019
Paul O.
Individual Home User
Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen, Selbstständig

Kommentare: It monitors my home networks and keeps me informed of issues as they occur.

Vorteile: I am using this product on my two home networks. It gives me an instant snapshot on the status of all of my devices 24/7. It sends alerts when important devices are offline. It is easy to use and navigate and you can also access all the information on your smartphone.

Nachteile: Sometimes indicates a device is offline when it is not.

The solution for the overworked tech and/or manager

Bewertet am 20.8.2019
Mel B.
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I began with a free trial of Domotz, and quickly realized that it would work not only for my business server, but that it would help with the other servers I manage. It was easy to add new devices, as well as to talk to the tech support when I had questions about billing. As a tech, I work with multiple types of devices, so I was impressed that between my different OS, and different hardware, there was no compatibility issues. I have networks of greater than 50 devices and networks of less than 10, and the software behaves beautifully no matter the size or traffic of network. I've tested the app on wifi and LTE while travelling, and not experienced delays or issues.

Vorteile: I appreciate the simplicity of the software install on servers. It easily integrated with my smartphone, and I was up and running in less than 10 minutes. The user interface is designed for a quick glance, and the reporting function makes documentation easy.

Nachteile: The only feature I feel is currently missing is a per-device report generator.

Best Remote Management Software Tool

Bewertet am 19.7.2019
Nick M.

Kommentare: Need to have some better training sessions and phone technical support when needed.

Vorteile: This software is easy to use and provide useful information about ones network.
I like the ability to test speeds remotely and see all devises on the network

Nachteile: might be a little costly and need a yearly option vs monthly
example: 1-10 Agents costs x yearly---10-30 Agents costs y---30-50 cost z etc...

Great for solo IT Admin

Bewertet am 10.7.2019
Tim R.
IT Administrator
Einzelhandel, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I'm solo IT for a company with more than 10 retail storefronts. Domotz allows me to stay on top of emerging issues. Often I know of a problem before our folks in the stores do.

Vorteile: It's simple to deploy and maintain. The ability to open ports on the fly is amazing and gets used regularly.

Nachteile: Premium plan looks nifty, but a bit pricy for what it offers. More than 3x the price of advanced.

Simple Installation, Automatic Device Discovery & Amazing Device Identification

Bewertet am 18.4.2019
Brannon Y.
VP Business Development
Computer-Vernetzung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Simple and easy to install you can be up and running in minutes. Maybe my favorite feature is how it discovers all the devices on the network and does an amazing job of identifying them. Also the remote device connection feature is worth its weight in gold. It's an invaluable tool for our customers to manage their networks.

Nachteile: A couple of really cool features are a little difficult to find. Explore the software and you'll find some great nuggets.

Peace of mind

Bewertet am 8.10.2018
Bruno S.
Consultant
Umweltdienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Domotz provides peace of mind, granting that the status of your network services is always known and problems can be solved with great agility as they happen.

Vorteile: Domotz is very user friendly, have amazing support and lots of features for a small price tag.

Nachteile: Installation can be a little troublesome, but support does an amazing job solving any problems you may have.

Domotz PRO has been a game changer for my small I.T. business!

Bewertet am 8.6.2018
Kyle B.
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Vorteile: Domotz PRO has allowed me to take my remote monitoring of my clients to another level, without having to invest heavily in a pricier solution. I am a one man shop and with this solution I am able to monitor all of my clients resources right from my cell phone. It also provides remote access and management features built right into the mobile app that no other solution on the market offers. Truly impressed and amazed by this company!

Nachteile: Cost. I am a small business owner and really have to watch my bottom dollar closely. I can always use a discount!

Really good

Bewertet am 10.10.2018
Marcin M.
Engineer
Gewerbeimmobilien, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I think that the easiest interface. Application for mobile devices and Web app

Nachteile: The price can be a little less for that software.

Best network tool!

Bewertet am 2.2.2017
Gianluca N.
Finanzdienstleistungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Discovered few months ago, you can easily review your network architecture, manage it and monitor in real time with alerts and connect to your device remotely.

Vorteile: Remote connection and alerts

Domotz Pro

Bewertet am 9.10.2018
Paulo C.
Systems Administrator
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I can check all the connected devices and what are they doing on my network and those that are not connected.

Vorteile: I like the remote features. You can check and perform some security checks on your personal network.

Nachteile: None so far. Very easy to use and understand.

Remote support

Bewertet am 4.4.2016
Marco B.
Partner

Kommentare: Domotz is a network monitoring and remote support tool. The interface is really user friendly and you can choose which devices you want to monitor closely by setting up alerts. The remote access feature is good, which enables me to access devices and computer remotely. The remote power functionality is also really great, because I can reboot devices from remote. I like that Domotz offers a free trial before committing to the service and afterward the subscription is super affordable at only a few dollars a month. If you are helping someone with an IT issue remotely, Domotz is definitely the affordable software to do it with. I also like that the systems can be downloaded for free on an inexpensive Raspberry Pi, so I don't need to purchase any additional hardware.

Great tool

Bewertet am 31.7.2019
Steve K.
IT Manager
Maschinerie, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: ability to identify issues when a user says "things are slow"

Vorteile: I like the inexpensive nodes I can place at each site that will give me better visibility from each location.

Nachteile: There are a couple features, like HTTP Ping, eye history, and network mapping that would be great to implement, however it is a great tool.

Network tool

Bewertet am 1.4.2016
Gianluca N.

Kommentare: Using Domotz I can easily monitor the status of my Office network and Home devices. The software is really helpful to ensure that all technology is consistently working properly and as it should be. I really like the RDP protocol which gives me access to all my home/office PC's remotely, which is convenient as I often travel. The system has really helped me solve problems on my network remotely. Great support team too!

Gianluca

Great tool to have in your tool bag

Bewertet am 19.4.2019
Mark R.
Network engineer
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: It is very handy to use when traditional remote connections are not working as they should

Nachteile: None with the software, just wish there was a number to call for those immediate questions/issues but they are fairly prompt with emails.

Great Software and very easy to use quickly

Bewertet am 7.4.2016
Alex L.

Kommentare: Fantastic software for its small cost with very handy features for home users as well as installation companies like myself. You will not be disappointed with how simple it is to get your devices all being monitored from one app.