Über Domotz

Domotz Pro ist die brillante Fernüberwachungs- und Managementlösung für IT-Dienstleister und Installationsexperten.

Erfahre mehr über Domotz

So far there is really no things that I dislike. It really works OK in my opinion.

Bewertungen zu Domotz

4,9
4,9

Domotz hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,9 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 101 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Domotz bereits verwendet?

Darcy
Darcy
VP of Operations in Kanada
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

We needed an intuitive but robust network monitoring solution

As an MSP managing multiple unique networks, we sought a robust solution for network and systems monitoring across a large number of environments. Our critical requirement was that the solution be easy to deploy and intuitive, as we have a large number of staff relying on it daily. Domotz has met our needs exceptionally well. After initiating a proof of concept, it became evident that Domotz would significantly enhance our operational capabilities. The setup was quick and straightforward, allowing us to see immediate improvements in network management and monitoring. Our interactions with the Domotz team have been consistently positive, especially with the account management department. Their proactive approach in ensuring the software meets our needs, coupled with regular updates on new features, is a testament to their excellent customer service. The technical support team is responsive and receptive to feedback, which has been instrumental in refining the product. As new features continue to be introduced, we look forward to seeing further enhancements.

No obvious downsides. We look forward to seeing what new features and functionality are coming in the future.

Raphael
CTO in Niederlande
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Domotz as my MSPs primary network monitoring solution

4,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Domotz meets our requirements for easy-to-use, easy-to-set-up network monitoring very well. The setup-and-forget nature of the platform allows us to allocate more time to assisting our customers, confident that Domotz will alert us if any attention is needed in their network environments.

As a company committed to efficient network management, we have found Domotz to be a great tool for monitoring our customers’ networking environments. Our focus lies in real-time visibility rather than diving into intricate metrics and statistics. Domotz allows us to assess the overall health of our customers' network infrastructures real time and at any time of the day. Onboarding new customers is effortless.

For customers with multiple locations and extensive VLANs, we find that the existing licensing structure does not always fully accommodate our expectations. These scenarios often necessitate the use of multiple (licensed) agents and/or coping with additional costs to lift the fixed VLAN limitation per agent.

Brian
Internal Systems Manager in USA

Good, could be great

Kommentare: It could be so much better, I'm confused at some design decisions. I'm hoping that it continues to improve. A big reason we chose Domotz was pricing compared to Auvik, that playing field is level now and Auvik has more and better integrations, so we may be inclined to make a change.

I like the map, the ability to monitor only important devices, the ability to connect to remote devices without a server or firewall VPN.

Cost just went up 50% in cost, its often VERY slow, the Domotz Boxes are expensive for what they are. With a 50% price increase I think I should be getting more metrics.

Will
NOC Chief in USA

Great network tool for MSPs

Kommentare: Theyve been a great true partner to our MSP and we feel they are on our side.

As an MSP we utilize Domotz to discover and monitor customer infrastructure. Domotz has made it so easy to do this for us. We have a quick deployment that saves us and our customers cost, while providing integration for alerts, ticketing, and monitoring tools. They value their partners and are always willing to engage. Monitoring Meraki and Unifi networks, switches, firewalls, access points, integrating these monitors into tickets in Autotask.

We had some troubles with agents per network, but was able to resolve this with the team and we are so happy now.

Grant
IT in USA
Bau, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Simply & Effective

4,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Of all the network monitoring services that I have tested, Domotz is unfortunately the simplest to use with the optimal number of alerts. I am sure Zabbix would be a better solution, but the learning curve is too difficult for a small IT team. I originally was using their remote access tool, but it lacked the necessary security measures for our networks. I do run an additional tool internally for scanning internal assets with greater details, but Domotz does a good enough job for when I am out of the office and need to monitor general health. I believe I could customize Domotz a lot more than I have, but just have not had the time to dig into that side of the service due to workload.

Simple setup especially for small networks, relevant notifications on app, site device outage alerts, Android app, network health dashboard, constant development

STP monitoring doesn't work very well, does not support multiple network monitors on same network for redundancy, does not integrate with Tailscale or Twingate, Network Topology is not accurate, does not support linking sites to see outages across multiple isolated networks, frequent service outages, external port security is not accurate

Senior Datacenter Solutions Architect in USA
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Domotoz is the network management tool that you need

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Amazing. working with them and joining the partner program is one of the smarter things I have done.

price/features/mobile app. All of these allow my MSP to manage all of our clients network equipement

That you have to set up a new client with an agent. Typically I want to build out all my tools prior, I understand why this is, but maybe I could build them in the portal and link an agent when it gets installed.

Stefano
President in Italien
Informationsdienst, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

a good product, a great team, every year is better

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Ease of deployment, scan speed, fast interface. Great support. Really good SNMP support, with predefined settings for many brands/devices. Flexible alerting. Many integrations.

Alerts and monitors must be defined per device. I know they are developing a tag/filter method for applying settings to devices, but it's still not there.

Don
Unternehmensberatung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Domotz monitoring

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Easy to setup and use. Recovered well after a crash of the VM.

Needs a lot of hand-holding for initial setup.

Mohammed
CTO in Italien
Computer-Vernetzung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Simple and functional

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: We have been using it for several years and are very happy with the product and recommend it to anyone who wants to have a proactive NOC.

Visibility and proactive management of all network equipment

We would like it to be possible to acknowledge alarms and I wish it had more vendor integrations

Bryan
Director of IT in USA
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use, wonderful features, and excellet support

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

The ease of use, the features included, and the ability to back up network devices daily.

I want a better SNMP walker or a way to determine the best monitor. SNMP, as a whole, is hard to understand/navigate in the industry.

Quelle: GetApp

A great remote Network tool for every MSP

Kommentare: I am completely satisfied with the choice of using Domotz. I am mainly able to whatever I need to monitor my clients’ networks and all the devices connected to them. It definitely enhanced the way our technicians work, and the approach to the networks when dealing with issues. We have decided to use this for all of our clients as a best practice to provide a better service to them.

This platform is super-easy to use: set-up of new sites to be monitored is a as simple as it should be. We can choose whether to use an existing NAS, a Windows or Linux Machie to scan the local network, as well as deploying a very simple hardware provided by Domotz. The service is very reach of functionalities. We do monitor and manage quite complex networks, and Domotz helps us understanding how the network is shaped (Network Topology Map available in Domotz) or exactly which ports of switches are used by which devices. For instance, this helped us when restructuring a network rack for one of our clients. Moreover, we use daily the Remote Connection functionalities, including the VPN on Demand, to access network devices and perform daily or weekly maintenance of them. The integration with Freshservice has been a life-changer: we are notified directly in our Ticketing System when something happens on the networks of our clients. However, we have not explored yet all the possibilities available in Domotz, even because they continue to enrich the offer with a very high pace.

The integration with some documentation system (including Freshservice) should be enriched, so that it will be easier for our technicians to have all the information in one place. I would also like to see more network devices to be supported to backup their configuration, but I know their team is working on it.

Dan
Consultant in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

An invaluable service for small business

Kommentare: As stated above, the notifications make life so much simpler. If a service goes down I know immediately and can have it resolved before the panicked phone calls even start. Over the years I've had a couple problems with my Agents and the support staff at Domotz does an outstanding job resolving all issues. 10/10 support.

As an on call tech for a local small business, I couldn't live without the near instant notifications when hosts or services go down or up. The Connect feature allows admins to access services behind a firewall which makes things like on the go router configuration a snap.

It's not at all a dealbreaker, but the UI has room for improvement. The apps and webUI don't remember my group settings and login is overall slow. I also wish they'd support VNC as one of the Connect services.

Antwort von Domotz

Thanks for your nice words about Domotz. We are always trying to do better, and your recommendations about the UI will be useful for that. With regard to the VNC support, even though this is not directly integrated within Domotz, users can still use VNC client to remotely connect to a VNC server through Domotz. Please refer to the instruction provided on the Community Forum: https://community.domotz.com/topic/1034-tcp-tunnel-vnc-client-to-connect-to-vnc-servers/

Scott
Operations Manager in USA

Great Product

Kommentare: Great and quick support. The only issue has been with the alert notifications.

Easy to setup. We were using other products that were taking way too long to implement per project. Also, like how easy it is to get to reboot functionality. The software does a lot of intuitive things that make sense. For instance, having the ability to reboot a device over POE. It's not the function of this but implementation. It is automatically configured and setup for you. So if a device is POE and on a switch that is supported by Domotz you can just reboot it. No configuration. They also come out with new features all the time. Building on the platform.

Notifications. They have made progress. But even just the request to group email alerts still hasn't reinstated with the team. Sometimes I can get 50 email alerts on a site at the same time. They have new features that are paid to minimize some of this. But competing products do a much better job of not spamming when you have a widespread issue at a site. A simple combine all email alerts just in a 5-minute window would do a lot for this.

Director in UK
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A Digital, Onsite, Support Engineer!

Kommentare: Domotz has helped us to be more efficient with our maintenance and also assists with ongoing installations.
We fit a Domotz box as soon as we start on a project now, and even use as a temporary tool to provide fault finding diagnostics when taking over a project.

We love the various features Domotz offers. The ability to monitor all of the devices on our smart home systems with ease and received notifications as soon as a issue is found. Extremely good interface, much more intuitive than other brands we have used before. Growing list of integration partners. Simple and effective smart phone app for multiple users.

We have quite a few clients so the costs creep up, but still far cheaper than sending an engineer to site and much quicker in most cases.

Director in UK
Unterhaltungselektronik, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

DomotzPro

Kommentare: Domotz Pro allows us to ensure the highest probability for our installed systems to provide uninterrupted service to our clients. It also allows us to be more cost/time efficient as truck-rolls are only needed if it is determined a part needs replacement. It then also ensures that the relevant part is actually on the truck when it rolls.... We use this platform every day to make our lives and our clients lives less stressful....

The software is easy to use, set-up, and implement. It gives immediate at-a-glance information on whether the site systems that we are maintaining are functioning as intended, or if a problem has arisen. We often know about issues long before the client is aware of them! If an issue is notified then the software tools included allow us to drill down further to either resolve the issue remotely, or determine exactly which parts may need replacement . It has turned our service department from being reactive to proactive, increasing client satisfaction, and adding to the client perception of us as a premium brand company.

That it is so easy to implement and use that our competitors will be able to make use of it too.....!!

Krzysztof
Owner in Polen
Bildungsmanagement, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Mature network monitoring solution

Kommentare: After four years of using this solution I have got only good impression.

Easy to configure. Easy to use. Transparent network presence. Great user interface. Many installation options. Available for any platform.

Sometimes needs a little bit more attention during reconfiguration of existing appliance.

Wayne
Support Engineer in USA

Fantastic for small MSP

Kommentare: The experience has been fantastic. I am not an MSP so cost is a big deal.
You get a lot of bang for your buck with this especially when you support home users.
The monitoring and alerts alone are so worth it.
Also the raspberry pi or linux agent support is fantastic.
I run my main agent in a ubuntu vm in VMware ESXi and it runs flawlessly.
All my other sites are run off Raspberry pi 3's. Also run flawlessly.

Ease of use is a big plus. The web interface and mobile app are nice and polished. The ability to create a direct link to a certain service e.g ssh or http(s) is my most used feature. Being able to set custom alerts is also a big plus.

The software isn't as intuitive as I would like with discovery or vendor support. But each release seems to get better and better.

Jayce
IT Manager in Frankreich
Sport, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great and simple

Kommentare: I can monitor 2 distant sites with no tech on site. One of this site is a 72ha area with multiple buildings.

The simplicity. You plug, connect your account and it just works.

It lacks 2 features : the automatic cleaning of offline devices after X days offline. It's either we delete all offline device or manually delete them one by one. Also, I'd like a way to link location to real locations on a map instead of only have the location of agents on maps.

Remigiusz
Remigiusz
CEO in UK
Vorstandsbüro, Selbstständig

Best value for money with stellar support!

Kommentare: We use Domotz to manage both our network and all of our clients networks, we use in to monitor any down devices, remote ourselves in and keep logs on the network details. Their support has also been amazing

The Value for money is absolutely amazing. The software does exactly what you want it to do when managing networks and it does it in a modern and uncluttered style.

This is definitely not a con but maybe a feature request, I would love to have a ticketing system within Domotz (obviously uplift the price for the feature) this would better allow to manage a network and have device specific tickets!

Unterhaltungselektronik, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

The perfect monitoring agent

Domotz does what it says on the box and is extremely robust and reliable. Perhaps the most important thing is that their support is second to none and is prompt, easy to understand and solves the problem every time without fail.

The only con is that sometimes it is hart to find things again after revisions, but, as an evolving piece of technology the new features usually outweigh this

Daniel
Daniel
Personal Use Of Domotz in UK
Unterhaltungselektronik, Selbstständig

Domotz For Prosumer/Enthusiast

Kommentare: I’ve been using Domotz for around 2 years. The product has enabled me to set up comprehensive monitoring and alerting of my home network and extensive home automation set up with ease.

A full-featured monitoring solution with an excellent web and mobile app, the integration with Ubiquiti network kit(including the capability to power cycle PoE devices) and it's VPN capabilities enable you to respond to issues through one unified interface. API enables integration with other platforms with ease, and the customer service is excellent. I can't recommend the product highly enough for the enthusiast/prosumer and for professional use

Very little not to like, whilst on the expensive side for personal / enthusiast usage - you very much get what you pay for.

Tod

Domotz Box

Kommentare: Very satisfied. Easy to deploy options, easy to use, wealth of information. Support has been very acceptable and response.

Ease of deployment. Ease of use. Wealth of options. I'm an early adopter, I've used the Domotz Box from the get go. However, they have easy to deploy using Raspberry Pi, Synology, Windows or Linux. VPN and RDP are awesome. Continued expansion of support for specific network attached gear.

Not much ... does what I need it to do. I'm disappointed that they removed the Lite version for home/personal use, that was way affordable for the individual user.

President in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Best Remote Management Software Tool

Kommentare: Need to have some better training sessions and phone technical support when needed.

This software is easy to use and provide useful information about ones network. I like the ability to test speeds remotely and see all devises on the network

might be a little costly and need a yearly option vs monthly example: 1-10 Agents costs x yearly---10-30 Agents costs y---30-50 cost z etc...

Andrew
Senior Director, Analytics in Kolumbien
Einzelhandel, Selbstständig

Enterprise functionality with intuitive User Experience

Kommentare: I have a Home network with over 100 devices supporting Personal, Work from Home, and Smart Home IoT devices. I've been searching for a solution to monitor all of my equipment to make sure it was secure and running properly.

- Excellent support- Free Trial- Apps available for both NAS (QNAP) and iOS- Notifications and Daily Reports on network activity- Extremely comprehensive

- The app sometimes takes a while to load since it's pinging the cloud but that is a minor cost to having the convenience of accessing the status of my system anywhere

Brannon
VP Business Development in USA
Computer-Vernetzung, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Simple Installation, Automatic Device Discovery & Amazing Device Identification

Simple and easy to install you can be up and running in minutes. Maybe my favorite feature is how it discovers all the devices on the network and does an amazing job of identifying them. Also the remote device connection feature is worth its weight in gold. It's an invaluable tool for our customers to manage their networks.

A couple of really cool features are a little difficult to find. Explore the software and you'll find some great nuggets.