Domotz Pro

Domotz Pro Bewertungen

von Domotz

There is no better option anywhere near this price point

Bewertet am 16.4.2019
John B.
Senior Network Engineer
Öl & Energie, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Domotz gives us the ability to monitor remote locations without the expense of needing a tech onsite. When considering the price-point of this software, I can install as many agents as I need without worrying about huge bills that will show up later. Something else that needs mentioning, the customer support is absolutely amazing. I have dealt with enterprise level support throughout all areas of the industry and Domotz really does put all those big guys in a corner. The response time and attention to customer's needs could not be better.

Vorteile: The client is extremely easy to setup and light weight. The auto-detection has to be about the fastest on the market. Many times I get an alert for a new device on the network before I even realize it has pulled an IP. No matter which level you subscribe to, you would be hard pressed to match this feature set with anything else on the market, and, even if you could, it would not look as nice nor function as well. This platform just flat-out works, and it works very well. Almost everyday I stumble across a feature that I didn't even know existed.

Nachteile: My only issue, and this may sound ridiculous to many, but, I am somewhat old school; and it often takes me longer than it should to figure out the newer, cleaner software that just did not exist 10 years ago. This is more than likely a personal problem, not an issue with the platform.

Great Product

Bewertet am 29.10.2019
Scott W.
Operations Manager

Kommentare: Great and quick support. The only issue has been with the alert notifications.

Vorteile: Easy to setup. We were using other products that were taking way too long to implement per project. Also, like how easy it is to get to reboot functionality. The software does a lot of intuitive things that make sense. For instance, having the ability to reboot a device over POE. It's not the function of this but implementation. It is automatically configured and setup for you. So if a device is POE and on a switch that is supported by Domotz you can just reboot it. No configuration. They also come out with new features all the time. Building on the platform.

Nachteile: Notifications. They have made progress. But even just the request to group email alerts still hasn't reinstated with the team. Sometimes I can get 50 email alerts on a site at the same time. They have new features that are paid to minimize some of this. But competing products do a much better job of not spamming when you have a widespread issue at a site. A simple combine all email alerts just in a 5-minute window would do a lot for this.

The best monitoring tool ever.

Bewertet am 13.2.2020
Shawn P.
Associate Consultant

Kommentare: My satisfaction in the scale out of 10 is 9. I mostly was able to do whatever I need to monitor devices. It definitely enhanced the quality of our monitoring solution approach.

Vorteile: The most value that I found from this software is that I can easily configure and deploy on my personal device (like Raspberry Pi) with multiple options of OS platform. Furthermore, once Domotz was running on my device, most of features that I needed for monitoring were available and easy to use. The UI was concise and straightforward. Customization of monitored device info was practical and effortless. I loved my whole experience with Domotz's features such as alert, report, third-party app integration, price, and so on...

Nachteile: Though Domotzs has a great auto-generated reporting feature, it would have been really helpful for us if the user was able to customize report somehow with some visual graphs.

An invaluable service for small business

Bewertet am 23.12.2019
Dan H.
Consultant
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Kommentare: As stated above, the notifications make life so much simpler. If a service goes down I know immediately and can have it resolved before the panicked phone calls even start. Over the years I've had a couple problems with my Agents and the support staff at Domotz does an outstanding job resolving all issues. 10/10 support.

Vorteile: As an on call tech for a local small business, I couldn't live without the near instant notifications when hosts or services go down or up. The Connect feature allows admins to access services behind a firewall which makes things like on the go router configuration a snap.

Nachteile: It's not at all a dealbreaker, but the UI has room for improvement. The apps and webUI don't remember my group settings and login is overall slow. I also wish they'd support VNC as one of the Connect services.

von Domotz an 2.1.2020

Thanks for your nice words about Domotz. We are always trying to do better, and your recommendations about the UI will be useful for that.

With regard to the VNC support, even though this is not directly integrated within Domotz, users can still use VNC client to remotely connect to a VNC server through Domotz. Please refer to the instruction provided on the Community Forum:

A Digital, Onsite, Support Engineer!

Bewertet am 7.11.2019
Nick K.

Kommentare: Domotz has helped us to be more efficient with our maintenance and also assists with ongoing installations.
We fit a Domotz box as soon as we start on a project now, and even use as a temporary tool to provide fault finding diagnostics when taking over a project.

Vorteile: We love the various features Domotz offers. The ability to monitor all of the devices on our smart home systems with ease and received notifications as soon as a issue is found.
Extremely good interface, much more intuitive than other brands we have used before.
Growing list of integration partners.
Simple and effective smart phone app for multiple users.

Nachteile: We have quite a few clients so the costs creep up, but still far cheaper than sending an engineer to site and much quicker in most cases.

Proactive Monitoring

Bewertet am 5.12.2019
Stacus O.
Solutions Consultant /Systems Engineer
Computer-Hardware, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Domotz Pro features and functions have opened up a multitude of avenues to exploit while monitoring our edge devices. Our team has the ability to address problems in real time and reduce overheads incurred through field engineer deployments. We can now centrally manage and monitor edge devices by drilling down to services affected at both a port and switch level. Additional to monitoring, Domotz has availed a reporting facility that we use to justify works done for our customers, a critical component when meeting Service Level Agreement Timelines.

Vorteile: Everything! The Domotz team have developed a well thought out product that addresses the needs of the end user without the need of complex configurations seen in most RMM tools today. My personal favorite features include Domotz Eyes with Alerts, VPN on Demand, Network Monitoring, Web-hooks, VLAN support and IoT integrations.
Working with Embedded systems deployed across remote locations, there is no better tool to provide us with real time proactive monitoring of our remote assets.

Nachteile: We have not experienced any Cons with the product thus far. However we are grateful to the development team that is constantly engaging with us to add features to the product and expand the scope of use with the ever changing Network and IT environments in to day's world

Excellent "now" network monitoring tool

Bewertet am 12.7.2019
Tim G.
AV & IT Engineer

Kommentare: I use the box in high value private assets where there is no IT support onsite, this allows me to see and access what is going on. I think it is value for what you get, and happily pay a little more if the IT network monitoring would be more comprehensive and collected data more accessible.

Vorteile: It's a simple unit (I only use the "Box" version), that you can in matter of minutes setup and integrate into the network. It collects detailed data and depending on the device has very integrated management features. Their customer support is fast and thorough, bending over backwards where they can.

Nachteile: It's a now product, I like to look at the (recent) history and see if there are trouble patterns, it is hard to extract this from the interface. It also misses (standard, for me) features like network topology. Their "Fingbox" product at this time gives a better monthly report that the pro version. Currently I use another software tool to fullfill these extra features and end up paying double, money that I would pay on Domotz instead!

Domotz

Bewertet am 21.11.2019
David L.
Owner/Security Consultant

Kommentare: We use Domotz to provide access to all of the networked items such as printers, firewalls, switches, wireless APs, etc. Managed Service Providers typically provide access to desktops and servers. With Domotz we can provide access to all of the devices directly to their GUI interfaces without setting up a VPN.

Vorteile: 1. Ease of use
2. Great support. I have only used email support and have implemented the support recommendations at my own pace. The support suggestions were spot on.
3. Layout is intuitive and designed well

Nachteile: 1. In application support links would be beneficial
2. Updating of device information could happen quicker. i.e. if you rename a wireless access point it retains the old name until the following day
3. The VPN connection does not work consistently. ( I have not had time to work with support on this. Might be a me issue rather than the software issue.)

Best value for money with stellar support!

Bewertet am 19.7.2019
Remigiusz G.
Vorstandsbüro, Selbstständig

Kommentare: We use Domotz to manage both our network and all of our clients networks, we use in to monitor any down devices, remote ourselves in and keep logs on the network details. Their support has also been amazing

Vorteile: The Value for money is absolutely amazing. The software does exactly what you want it to do when managing networks and it does it in a modern and uncluttered style.

Nachteile: This is definitely not a con but maybe a feature request, I would love to have a ticketing system within Domotz (obviously uplift the price for the feature) this would better allow to manage a network and have device specific tickets!

The perfect monitoring agent

Bewertet am 5.11.2019
Managing Director
Unterhaltungselektronik, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Domotz does what it says on the box and is extremely robust and reliable. Perhaps the most important thing is that their support is second to none and is prompt, easy to understand and solves the problem every time without fail.

Nachteile: The only con is that sometimes it is hart to find things again after revisions, but, as an evolving piece of technology the new features usually outweigh this

Great for SMB

Bewertet am 1.7.2019
Matthieu H.
Möbel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have 4 small shops, each one with 1 our 2 computers, router with 2 WANs, VoIP phones Camera and Alarm.
All shops are connected via VPN to a server in our office and to a cloud server with our sales and accounting system.
All equipment and sub-networks are monitered from ou Synology server with Domotz installed.

Vorteile: Very simple
Scalable, even for not so small businesses
Great and quick support

Nachteile: Limitation for sub-net monitoring (0 in lite plan, 3 in advanced plan, 8 in Premium).

Changing Landscape of Remote Support

Bewertet am 15.4.2019
Magnolia Technical Trainer
Einzelhandel, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are solving many issues every day through the use of Domotz. When we do have an issue with anything within the Domotz environment reaching out to their tech support gets us a resolution very quickly, i would guess around 15-20 mins. They have been a great company to partner with!

Vorteile: Domotz has enabled me to be proactive in supporting clients. The notifications let me know when a device drops from the network. I can then open the remote app from anywhere, and see if it is something i can fix remotely. Typically devices lock up and need a power cycle. Domotz has support for PDUs like the Wattbox, Luxul, and BlueBolt which make fixing a potential issue a snap!

Nachteile: I don't have any issues with the software. the "issue" is once you see what it can do you want more. So constantly asking Domotz if it would be possible to build in XYZ.

Perfect, essential for every IT administrator

Bewertet am 12.10.2018
Samuel C.
IT System Administrator
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: An indispensable program for administrators or IT technicians,
keeps track of all the company network products in order.
It allows in advance to intervene by the customer in case of failures,
the app is easy and intuitive, allows you to have alerts of what happens in the network in real time!
Forwarding have recently opened to third-party developers this means the possibility of integrating or having many innovations in terms of integration, from the asset software to the hw asset, I am confident that these indispensable functions will soon arrive!
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
It was a long time since I was looking for a similar product

Nachteile: I have not seen any obvious defects, the only improvement I can recommend, to lighten up the old-style PC graphics

Great for monitoring and administrating remote sites

Bewertet am 30.7.2019
Niclas R.

Kommentare: We monitor lots of small remote branches using domotz Pro. Being always up to date on the internet connection speed, the availability of important services and having the ability to remotely configure devices makes domotz a big plus for us.

Vorteile: domotz Pro is a great solution for monitoring distant networks. The remote agent infrastructure make the deployment and rollout easy. We especially like the ability to integrate PDUs for switching remote devices on and off and the remote connection capabilities (web, rdp, ssh, custom ports). This enables us to do zero touch deployments of devices that have static IP addresses preconfigured in a different subnet and are shipped directly to the customers.

Nachteile: Some license limitations such as a limited amount of shared alerts in the "Advanced" subscription plan should be relaxed. Besides that, most monitoring needs can be realised using custom TCP/SNMP queries.

Fantastic for small MSP

Bewertet am 30.8.2019
Wayne H.
Support Engineer
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Kommentare: The experience has been fantastic. I am not an MSP so cost is a big deal.
You get a lot of bang for your buck with this especially when you support home users.
The monitoring and alerts alone are so worth it.
Also the raspberry pi or linux agent support is fantastic.
I run my main agent in a ubuntu vm in VMware ESXi and it runs flawlessly.
All my other sites are run off Raspberry pi 3's. Also run flawlessly.

Vorteile: Ease of use is a big plus. The web interface and mobile app are nice and polished. The ability to create a direct link to a certain service e.g ssh or http(s) is my most used feature.
Being able to set custom alerts is also a big plus.

Nachteile: The software isn't as intuitive as I would like with discovery or vendor support.
But each release seems to get better and better.

Great and simple

Bewertet am 26.8.2019
Jayce P.
IT Manager
Sport, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I can monitor 2 distant sites with no tech on site. One of this site is a 72ha area with multiple buildings.

Vorteile: The simplicity. You plug, connect your account and it just works.

Nachteile: It lacks 2 features : the automatic cleaning of offline devices after X days offline. It's either we delete all offline device or manually delete them one by one.
Also, I'd like a way to link location to real locations on a map instead of only have the location of agents on maps.

Once you start using Domotz for monitoring your customer networks and devices, you cannot go back!

Bewertet am 14.4.2016
Lello D.

Kommentare: Domotz is super easy to install and get up and running. Set-up is as simple as connecting a power plug and a network cable. That's it!
Domotz also has an app so I can access all my Domotz agents/customer networks anytime, from anywhere, which runs perfectly on my iPhone.
I love that I can setup alerts for all the important devices on my customers' network (I do residential Home Automation installations). When any of my customer's important devices go offline, I'm notified in real time and I can remotely solve the problem (in 99% of cases rebooting the device solves the problem which I can also do from the Domotz app!). I can do all troubleshooting for my customers, right from my iPhone!
Before using Domotz, to do the same troubleshooting operations it was cumbersome and time consuming. I had to start my PC (I don't always carry my PC with me), connect to the internet, remember the credentials to access the customer's devices via DynDNS or via VPN (both of these services require a long time to setup), remember what PDU and port that device is connected to, or access to file with that customer network topology, then access to the PDU and cycle that port. That was extremely difficult to be done out of my office, now I can do in few clicks from my iPhone!
Thanks to the live monitoring activity and customized alerts, I can immediately take action on any device problems my customers may have, including the ones that they have not discovered yet.
Domotz is the software of choice for integrators. They offer a significant free trial of 90 days, which makes the software well worth giving a try!
Overall, I highly recommend Domotz for monitoring and remote support.

Excellent monitoring software

Bewertet am 27.7.2019
Paul O.
Individual Home User
Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen, Selbstständig

Kommentare: It monitors my home networks and keeps me informed of issues as they occur.

Vorteile: I am using this product on my two home networks. It gives me an instant snapshot on the status of all of my devices 24/7. It sends alerts when important devices are offline. It is easy to use and navigate and you can also access all the information on your smartphone.

Nachteile: Sometimes indicates a device is offline when it is not.

The solution for the overworked tech and/or manager

Bewertet am 20.8.2019
Mel B.
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I began with a free trial of Domotz, and quickly realized that it would work not only for my business server, but that it would help with the other servers I manage. It was easy to add new devices, as well as to talk to the tech support when I had questions about billing. As a tech, I work with multiple types of devices, so I was impressed that between my different OS, and different hardware, there was no compatibility issues. I have networks of greater than 50 devices and networks of less than 10, and the software behaves beautifully no matter the size or traffic of network. I've tested the app on wifi and LTE while travelling, and not experienced delays or issues.

Vorteile: I appreciate the simplicity of the software install on servers. It easily integrated with my smartphone, and I was up and running in less than 10 minutes. The user interface is designed for a quick glance, and the reporting function makes documentation easy.

Nachteile: The only feature I feel is currently missing is a per-device report generator.

Best Remote Management Software Tool

Bewertet am 19.7.2019
Nick M.

Kommentare: Need to have some better training sessions and phone technical support when needed.

Vorteile: This software is easy to use and provide useful information about ones network.
I like the ability to test speeds remotely and see all devises on the network

Nachteile: might be a little costly and need a yearly option vs monthly
example: 1-10 Agents costs x yearly---10-30 Agents costs y---30-50 cost z etc...

Excellent management tool

Bewertet am 24.1.2020
Chad C.
Engineer

Kommentare: Experience has been stellar and we highly recommend and use Domotz in our client environments as well as our own.

Vorteile: This product is super easy to set up and use. Domotz saved us a ton of time and money. Plug and Play environment is always the best option for MSP's

Nachteile: The network topology cannot be printed or downloaded into a file that is readable or shareable. 100 devices on a network and its very hard to see the full picture.

Great for solo IT Admin

Bewertet am 10.7.2019
Tim R.
IT Administrator
Einzelhandel, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I'm solo IT for a company with more than 10 retail storefronts. Domotz allows me to stay on top of emerging issues. Often I know of a problem before our folks in the stores do.

Vorteile: It's simple to deploy and maintain. The ability to open ports on the fly is amazing and gets used regularly.

Nachteile: Premium plan looks nifty, but a bit pricy for what it offers. More than 3x the price of advanced.

Simple Installation, Automatic Device Discovery & Amazing Device Identification

Bewertet am 18.4.2019
Brannon Y.
VP Business Development
Computer-Vernetzung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Simple and easy to install you can be up and running in minutes. Maybe my favorite feature is how it discovers all the devices on the network and does an amazing job of identifying them. Also the remote device connection feature is worth its weight in gold. It's an invaluable tool for our customers to manage their networks.

Nachteile: A couple of really cool features are a little difficult to find. Explore the software and you'll find some great nuggets.

Perfect tool to take control over the network

Bewertet am 5.12.2019
Yuri V.
director
Computer-Hardware, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I do not have to be classic system administrator to start using Domotz. Clear interface, web and iOS app lets me know what happens in my network. Agent on Raspberry Pi works just perfect

Nachteile: did not found yet, for my company need works well

Great Product and Service with a super responsive customer support

Bewertet am 8.1.2020
Alexandre F.
Product Expert
Computer-Software, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: - easy to setup on various platform
- great user interface and easy to use
- technical support very responsive and able to solve issue or request in a couple of hours

Nachteile: Really? Nothing! It provides a rich feature set.