Intuitive and elegant UI that encourage student engagement

Bewertet am 31.10.2018
Nilesh T.
Head of Business Development
Musik, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Blended delivery of on-campus courses with Kannu helped reduce tutorial time. It is also helping to reduce the time spent on grading standardised assessments. We rolled out bite sized online courses that cater to a large segment of learners who could not come to our campus. This helped us make education accessible and affordable.

Vorteile: Course cards look very cool, modern and clean and is one of the most elegant course catalogue looks I've come across. Session and coursework building is simple, quick and efficient. Excellent communication features. We use the individual and group messages with students a lot. And students love to use these too since they have very familiar look and feel like popular social messaging apps. The Course Galley feature was our first step to encourage students to engage in peer assessment. The entire faculty team love the announcement feature, especially the ability to schedule any number of future announcements. We use them a lot to remind students to keep up with learning tasks, due dates, etc. All it takes is an hour at the beginning to the term to set up the entire messaging for the term (with planning of course!) Automatic grading of quizzes is a huge time saver, especially for classes with peak student numbers. We even run final exams in full automation by programming the start time, end time and fully automatic grading. In-video quizzes is simply awesome. Helps heaps to make videos into interactive learning tools with very simple quiz setup. This is a gem. And finally, the folks at Kadenze work with us (you) to solve challenges and to roll out features. Kadenze doesn't treat us like another client, we feel we are in a learning technology partnership, and that gives us the confidence to disrupt course delivery practices and effect change.

Nachteile: A faster server would be great (we can never get enough speed, can we?! :) ). Also, a deeper drill down of individual student engagement analytics would be awesome. We believe this is in the works. The App version of the Kannu is awaited. Though the mobile version of Kannu works/feels almost like an app, ability to send push notifications, etc. would be awesome. We would have loved to have the ability to lock/release individual sessions based on completion of the previous lesson in the sequence (and not just by time/date).

MDST project making use of Kannu

Bewertet am 3.2.2017
Vicky M.
Senior Lecturer in English in Education
Hochschulbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This is a multilingual digital storytelling project (https://goldsmithsmdst.wordpress.com) that works with multiple schools in the UK and overseas and has as its key partners the BFI, British Museum, Museum of London and NRCSE. We have used Kannu to set up a safe shared place for schools, their teachers and students. We have been using kannu with the teachers for just over a year and we have found where teachers make the time to engage with the platform, upload sessions and keep a clear ongoing record of their work that the platform facilitates this. We have carried out regular training sessions with teachers on the use of kannu and emphasising the importance of getting their students online and critiquing and commenting on other digital stories. However, we are still finding it hard to facilitate this. At the moment teachers are more focused on the work in preparing the students in creating their digital stories and they have not given as much time to getting their students logged on and critiquing the stories of others. They have tended to do this as a group activity in the classroom where the teacher selects a range of digital stories that the children respond to orally and in small groups. We are working across a large age range from 8 - 18 years old. We also wanted to set up an e-portfolio or reflective journal on the kannu site and this is not yet possible. We set up a survey that some of the students completed but again this was hard to implement across all the schools. We have found it a very good platform but some teachers have found it hard to navigate.

Vorteile: Easy to manage and develop.

Nachteile: Hard for teachers to navigate with their students.

von Kadenze an 3.2.2017

Hi Vicky!

We actually added a portfolio feature early last year. If you head to your profile (hit your user icon in the top right), you can set up your Portfolio there. You can upload any media you like, and it'll all get stored in a personal library on the system so you can add/remove at will.

Ali Akbar College of Music Uses Kannu

Bewertet am 18.8.2016
Mary K.
Bildungsmanagement, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This is the first time we have used a product to manage our online class webinars, and we are enjoying the simplicity of the final product that our students interact with. In the past, our interaction with our students was primarily through emails, and sorting through the emails to find lessons was cumbersome. We don't actually use many of the features Kannu offers, mostly because of the size of our organization, but what we do use has streamlined our webinar interactions with the students in a very beneficial way.

Vorteile: The setup was easy to understand because of the personal training session I received, and Kannu's customer service is amazing. When issues have arisen their response has been prompt and the follow through has been quick. They were responsive to the needs of our school and tailored a few sections the way we needed things to run. Honestly, what I like the most about Kannu is the end product. Our students are happy with it, and it has made the handling of our class webinars neat and efficient.

Nachteile: When we first started, back in February 2016, there were a few bugs in the system that needed to be worked out. However, Kannu has just launched, so I wasn't surprised by it. 7 months later, many positive changes have taken place and things have evened out for us.

The future of higher education, professional training, and online learning

Bewertet am 15.8.2016
Jay L.
Executive Director
Bildungsmanagement, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Kadenze's Kannu is an incredibly flexible business model and versatile platform. We were looking for a solid tool to build our own portal for Real Industry's educational content and also white label the platform for prospective industry partners. Kadenze said 'no problem.' Did I mention that we're a small non-profit - not a Fortune 500 company or a major University? My students have found their courseware 'refreshing and pleasant to use.' The product design is clean and intuitive for both viewing and completing assignments. The dashboards for educators are simplified and user friendly - no user manual required to update, create assignments, view grades and performance analytics. I use this platform for teaching at top universities (Stanford, University of Michigan, NYU,...) but also have portals for running academic workshops, small group tutoring, and even corporate training!

Vorteile: Interface, support, and team behind the product

Nachteile: Analytics is present but isn't quite up to what you'd get from a Google Analytics type integration.

I have moved all my courses to the Kannu LMS, and for good reasons!

Bewertet am 18.5.2017
Michael B.
Faculty Member

Vorteile: The Kannu LMS is a great tool for me and my students. From the creation of the course to the final student evaluations, this platform helps me to help my students. The process of setting up a course on Kannu makes me be thoughtful about what I want to the students to learn and how I plan on guiding then through that process. But the platform is flexible enough to add material that is unexpected, unplanned or even material discovered by my students. The ease of uploading reading material, linking to any all media types and promoting discovery through online discussions means I can have a plan but that we, myself and most importantly, my students, are not locked into trajectory that seemed right in September, but needed adjusting by October. The fact that I can copy a course from past semesters to upcoming semesters means that over time the resources grow and can be curated as fast as my course's subject matter evolves.

Nachteile: All Learning Management Systems have a learning curve, Kannu is no different. Luckily the curve is fast.

Responsive Learning Management System Site and Staff

Bewertet am 17.8.2016
Gina G.
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We've worked with Kannu for more than a year now and overall are pleased with the service and the versatility of the product. We looked at a lot of systems and most are outdated and don't work for visual learners (which is almost everyone). Kannu has an updated app like interface that is easy to use. There is a learning curve however and we would like more on-boarding videos for our students but I believe they will provide that as development continues. They regularly provide smart upgrades.

Vorteile: Beautiful interface. Friendly and user friendly design. Broad functionality.

Nachteile: There are features that we don't need and we would like to be able to turn off. That probably can be accomplished through development as they have a staff that works with you but we have not requested too much customization as the portal works for us well as is.

Kannu takes our grad program to a higher level >> easy to use, dynamic, visually collaborative.

Bewertet am 24.10.2017
Nancy T.
Professor / Program Director

Kommentare: Enormous benefits: collaborative platform with visually aesthetic appeal and fairly easy to set up and utilize.

Vorteile: Ease of use -- both for students and faculty. Kannu is aesthetically pleasing, streamlined, and built for collaboration >> all important things for a portfolio driven graduate program such as mine. The creators and administrators of this product are always trying to improve usability. They're innovators and have a collaborative approach to improvement. They listen and are incredibly responsive to the particular uses of our program. Their tech support is ON IT -- I cannot praise them more highly.

Nachteile: The site is sometimes "wonky" -- certain areas are more complicated than others to set up and once in a while issues you thought you resolved creep back up. However, support is highly responsive. They'll investigate immediately and fix your problems with a "can do" attitude.

Kannu is awesome.

Bewertet am 10.2.2017
Christoph G.
Founder and CEO
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Kannu is streamlined, elegant, powerful and the perfect fit for any institution that wants to deliver high quality educational content through a safe and encrypted online learning platform. I use Kannu to manage my "One Minute Academy", whereby students from around the world learn to film and edit one minute videos (http://www.oneminuteacademy.org/) The "Kannu experience" starts with informative phone calls with Kadenze's welcoming staff; next they start the branding and on boarding process. The team is really looking out for every client's best interest. Once the platform is ready to roll, it only takes a couple quick clicks to upload video content, add/delete quizzes and format tests to create a superbly engaging experience for students. My single regret is that I only use a small portion of the many features that Kannu offers, but over time I know that I'll make a better effort to integrate all of their technology into our digital curriculum. I strongly encourage others to use Kannu without any hesitation whatsoever.

Vorteile: Streamlined, elegant, powerful, best LMS on the market. I'm a big fan of the video uploading capabilities and integration with AWS video encryption. The closed captioning functions are top.

Nachteile: Too powerful and robust, which isn't a bad thing, it's only daunting.

Very polished, friendly system

Senior Lecturer

Kommentare: It helped me run my MOOC

Vorteile: The system is easy for students and instructors to navigate, and it has a very polished feel throughout. I've used Moodle and Blackboard in teaching, and they are much clunkier and less intuitive for students (not to mention they are very ugly out of the box, and it takes a talented internal tech team to make Moodle/blackboard look good).

Nachteile: It is not as customisable as Moodle/Blackboard. For instance, group submissions are not supported as far as I'm aware.

aesthetics matters; a thoughtfully designed and elegant LMS (at last)

Ge W.
Associate Professor
Hochschulbildung

Vorteile: Finally, a LMS whose interface was clearly designed by people who care about making full-featured systems, understand the importance of elegance, and grok the educational experience for teachers and students. Having long struggled with Coursework (tolerable) and Canvas (yikes), working with Kannu has been a breath of fresh air: 1) it doesn't feel like an endless hodge-podge of obligatory features checked off by some corporate committee, but a purposeful integration designed by educators; 2) the portfolio feature is simply excellent, particularly for courses with creative projects. Its presentation really elevates (rightfully) a sense of accomplishment and pride for the student as they go from project to project, and something they can later point to as part of a job application. LMS's are complex, and Kannu is no different (there is a learning curve). Yet Kannu is lightyears better than other LMS's I've used for one core reason: everything about it gives me the sense that it intensely cares about its quality of use, and by extension what my students and I can do with it.

Clean and Clear!

Bewertet am 13.6.2017
Amy K.
Associate Dean, Faculty of Percussion/Music Theory
Musik, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Successfully created my first online course!

Vorteile: This LMS is lightning fast! I've lost many a student's attention due to slow load/response times. Click a button , jump from video to video and it starts almost immediately (less than 1 second).
Navigation is clean and clear. This platform helped me to re-think and re-organize my course in a way that was decidedly better for my students without making me feel as though I had to conform to a norm, dumb down, or surrender any of the artistic nature of the course. The team that I worked with when developing and shooting the course was remarkably efficient and personable. It was the first time that I had ever shot video for a course and felt that I was in good hands.

Nachteile: The little IVQ indicators in the videos seemed to disappear on me once but was fine after refreshing the browser.

As an experienced educator, I can confidently say that this is the best LMS system I have ever used.

Bewertet am 13.10.2017
Lonce W.
Associate Professor
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Efficient communication with students, effective management of teaching administration, grading and student feedback support.

Vorteile: The ability to work fluently with various media including video is great. The layout is communicative, functional, and aesthetically pleasing. An outstanding feature is the integration with auto-grading which gives students immediate feedback on the assignments they submit both with marks and with comments that contribute to learning outcomes. Also, the dashboards are flexible so that I can organise the data into different views for different purposes.

Nachteile: Actually, I see room for improvement exactly in the areas in which this system is at its strongest relative to others. For example, there is a lot of potential for autograding to support teaching. A good interface for teachers to customise the auto grading and to leverage on new capabilities of A.I. for support would be a extremely valuable.

Kannu is elegant, flexible and time-saving

Bewertet am 6.6.2017
Carl L.
Assistant Professor and Graduate Program Directro
Hochschulbildung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: saved hundreds of hours of time.

Vorteile: Kannu helps us manage student submissions and communicate with my team. Having everything related to my course in one environment is key. Kannu interface is clean and beautiful (nothing more hypocritical than teaching design using an ugly and tedious LMS). Finally, Kannu support is the bomb.

Nachteile: Its improving constantly, which is great. And this comes with the territory of a web software that grows with technology, but it is something to be aware of: as a user, I need to be on top of new developments.

Design and Support

Bewertet am 2.2.2017
Brian H.
Associate Provost
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: For design and support I couldn't recommend a product more. The features are certainly a huge part of the experience and are much appreciated, but the beauty and elegance in Kannu is really the design. Yet the tool aside, the main reason why it works for us is the incredibly responsive support we receive. Kadenze not only understands, but also really cares, about her users. The staff is extremely knowledgeable and willing to incorporate our ideas into their road map if at all possible.

Most powerful and versatile white-label experience

Bewertet am 12.8.2016
Casey A.
Instructional Designer
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I found out about Kannu through the Edsurge newsletter. After demo'ing their new lms I realized this was something different from all the other LMS' I had been vetting. Before we had been on a tool that was simple and compatible with SCORM, however, we quickly realized that we did not have the development time to build everything in captivate, nor has the problem of mobile responsiveness really been solved. So back to the lms tools and our old one had a lot of things missing. Most notably, a community feature. I loved Kannu from the beginning because it was clear that they had a team of great designers. I didn't have being on the site like I normally do with lms'. Additionally, they are very receptive to new ideas and excited to implement good ideas. The platform accommodates a lot of different file types and so has a much wider range of assignment/assessment types. Most importantly, it has a really great forum feature that has led to much greater student interaction.

Vorteile: - The design
- Look / feel
- Usability
- Aesthetic
- Accommodates creative assignments
- Supports community development

Nachteile: Nothing, because I can't find anything better. Without building your own LMS this is the best one out there for accommodating unusual trainings.

I use this LMS for all aspects of my classes from grading to students collaborations.

Bewertet am 17.5.2017
Michael D.
Head of technical design and production

Vorteile: I just works. Since using I have found that students have access to each other's question which they are free to answer Teaching=learning.

Nachteile: Set up time takes a bit but once it's setup it works great. What's take the time is there are more options than I need for some of the things I am doing with it.

I've a great experience on this platform. Very easy to work with and the results look great.

Rey S.
Assoc. Dean for Strategic Initatives & Innovation
Bildungsmanagement, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I ported one of my BB courses to this platform several years ago. Even in the early days, it provided a superior user experience. I'll be updating my course soon and am looking forward to incorporating many of Kannu's new features.

Vorteile: Two things;
- The user interface is elegant and easy to use.
- Kannu contains a set of innovative tools for the creative industries not found in any other LMS.

Nachteile: The assessment piece is not quite to the level of Blackboard yet. Then again, neither are most other LMS's. However, Kannu's assessment features are quite adequate for most situations. In addition, it incorporates tools not found anywhere else. They've come a long way since the beginning.

Powerful tool. Excellent customer relations!

Bewertet am 25.5.2017
Bert H.
Distance Learning Program Coordinator

Vorteile: In addition to being beautifully designed, Kannu is powerful tool that can enhance learning and improve curriculum. The team at Kadenze is helpful, knowledgeable, and will be receptive to the needs of your organization. Our rep, Harmony, has done exceptional work in ensuring we have the support we needed and addressing our many concerns and specialized institutional needs.

Nachteile: We would run into occasional bugs and hiccups in the system but the team at Kadenze was always quick to respond and address the problems.

We've used the Kannu platform to host our online school

Bewertet am 3.8.2017
Ciaran R.
Head of Online Delivery
E-Learning, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It enabled us to get our online school up and running quickly.

Vorteile: It's quick and easy to set up a course. The built in tools mean that there's very little need for external plugins such as Camtasia.

Nachteile: Cloning a course for an intake can be a little fiddly, and it's not possible to set Session Release dates relative to the course start - they all have to be adjusted manually

2 years using Kannu

Bewertet am 8.11.2018
Ciaran R.
Academic Manager
Musik, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Support was quick and effective.

Vorteile: The site looked great, and was simple to use. Minimum additional instruction was needed when introducing users to the site - navigation was very obvious.

Nachteile: Video upload & processing could take quite a long time.
When setting up repeats of a course, every element needed the dates manually changed and publishing.

Tremendously helpful for K-12 students in arts education classes.

Bewertet am 20.5.2017
N.d. R.
Managing Director

Vorteile: Easy for middle school and high school students to use on tablets and smartphones, and easy to teach beginning instructors how to use it to set up their online classes.

Kannu is THE LMS for the future of Digital Arts education.

Jack S.
Lecturer and Progam Coordinator

Vorteile: Kannu is a versatile and highly intuitive LMS for today's digital art students. It's features integrate seamlessly and always with maximum student outcomes in mind. I would strongly recommend it as the primary LMS for any and all courses at the intersection of art and tech. It simply performs the way an LMS should and in many ways that others simply cannot. Awesome.

Nachteile: I am curious about the cost per user. It seems as if it was a little on the pricey side when our institution first looked into it as a replacement for our current LMS. I suspect, though, that the many new features that have been developed in Kannu of late help to define its value.

Kannu for Visual Arts Classes

Bewertet am 6.11.2018
Michael F.
Adjunct Professor
Hochschulbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: our art and design department really likes how modular the system is and how many different options you can have with modifying the content

Vorteile: Great utility for having well documented digital and physical work. Easy to work with and very flexible in the way you can teach a class.

Nachteile: some calendar and time management systems could be broaden to improve the efficiency in which you can edit some data. i.e. maybe use a csv to do some of the date reorganizations faster

Impressed with the contemporary design, easy navigation, and built-in instructional features.

Bewertet am 25.10.2017
Instructional Designer and Assistant Director of the Teaching/Learning Center
Hochschulbildung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It allowed us to grow our eLearning program.

Vorteile: It truly serves as a digital hub for the classroom. Not only is my own instructional content in the system, but students can upload a variety of coursework. There is auto-grading and auto-tracking so it easy for students to track their progress and for us to communicate with each other.

Nachteile: I would like to see a more robust ePortfolio system and more course analytics for administrators to pull out usage data.

Kannu adds self-learning to our university courses

Bewertet am 23.11.2017
Priyanka S.
Program Director

Vorteile: We needed a way for our in-person university students to self-learn and self-serve before and after our courses - they had pre-work and resources to prep before, and competitions to submit to afterward. Kannu lets us easily set up and run online components to these courses under our own organization's brand with a lot of customization.

Nachteile: Nothing I dislike - but we'd love to use it to run student competitions with judging and feedback. It currently doesn't let us set up individual judges who can enter grades and feedback for any one submission.