I am a homeschooling mom of 5 and there is no way I could run my photography business without Iris!

Bewertet am 1.3.2018
Jenni M.
Fotografie, Selbstständig

Kommentare: IRIS allowed me to reclaim my sanity and time. I spent so much time worrying, and going over my lists, and scheduling reminders, and writing out emails... IRIS took all of that and automated/organized every bit of it, where I don't have to think about it at all. Choosing IRIS was the smartest thing I have done for the business side of my business period.

Vorteile: Iris allows me to stop stressing about something falling through the cracks. With so many balls in the air, I was constantly worrying about forgetting things or making a mistake. Between the automated workflows that gives me confidence that all of my emails are going out on time, the to do list items, so I know I didn't forget a deadline, to the templates that save me so much time! I love that the entire site is mobile optimized and that I can run my business from my phone if I have to. I have every piece of information with me no matter where I am, giving me the ability to provide quick answers and great customer service without having to wait until I get home to my computer. IRIS has also saved me a lot of money! I would have had to hire an assistant long ago, if I didn't have IRIS to automatically do much of the behind the scenes tasks. In fact, there are SO MANY little things IRIS does, that I actually have more confidence that they are being done, on time and correctly, than I would if it were a real person doing them. lol

Helpful for the Part Time Photographer

Bewertet am 19.1.2019
Amanda B.
Fotografie, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I have more time to focus on my growth as a photographer, I can scout new locations, gather information on a potential client, send simple reminders, and even quicker "thank you - emails". I have the ability to be more professional with my clients, without sacrificing time with my family. Iris Works has allowed me to stay part time, while still being professional and to book the clients I have always wanted.

Vorteile: This software allows me to have a running to-do list and send contracts, and invoices with ease. Before I was creating and sending (and often making mistakes due to rushing) after my full time job as a teacher. Now, with the help of templates I can book brides, seniors, newborns with a few clicks. Also, when I first toyed with the idea of using this software I wanted to see how my clients would interact with it first. So during my time at The Reset Conference the gentleman working the booth for Iris made a fake account and let me see emails, invoices and questionnaires as if I were the client. I was sold!

Nachteile: Moving into a new system is hard. I found myself staying up late for about 2 weeks, during my offseason and making templates, workflows, and just getting my "studio" ready. This took time, but was so worth it in the end. I also still with the invoices would let us require partial payments (much like PayPal) but I have been told they are working on it.

I have been Iris Works to keep my clients and sessions organized for over 2 years now.

Jennifer N.
Fotografie, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Keeping my clients and schedule organized.

Vorteile: I like being able to create client profiles, and being able to add notes for each session as well as be able to look at that client's history. I really enjoy the ability to attach a form and contract to emails for my clients and keeping those on file as well.

Nachteile: There has been a couple features missing to make my workflow more efficient that I have made requests for with Iris Works and they haven't been created it. My biggest drawback is not being able to access my client through the calendar. For instance - when I click on a session I can see my client's name but to access that client's profile I have to leave my calendar to the client section and search that client to see additional information such as the form my client filled out for that session. I would like to be able to click on a session from the calendar and access that information more efficiently - especially for the days I have multiple clients.

Exceptional customer service. There are a few things I would improve on.

Melissa A.
Fotografie, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Client notes and email automation. I think it would be extremely beneficial if they had one on one with someone that shoots what you shoot when you do set it up because it can be confusing. The videos do help, but they aren't specific for certain photographers. I only accept 4-8 newborn sessions a month and when I go to book a client I have to put their due date in as a tentative holding spot and then move it around when we book the session.

Vorteile: I love that it offers automated emails and the client notes are very handy! The customer service is exceptional and I can't say enough about that.

Nachteile: However, I wish there was a way to make a custom invoice for gift cards or other things that aren't on the "menu". I wish there was a way you could send reminders every 24-48 hours if they don't pay/read the emails/fill out the questionnaires. I also have had issues with it hiding in my client's spam folders so I always have to mention that it's coming from my client portal and then they ask me what the email it will be coming from and it can be a bit of a hassle. I wish there was a way to set up a payment plan or allow a partial payment as well.

Easy to Use Studio Management Software

Bewertet am 3.1.2019
Shelby W.
Fotografie, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Love keeping my clients all in once spot and organized. It helps me know what is coming up on my dashboard. I use it for my invoices and they are processed through Square! That is so nice and makes that process very streamlined for me.

Vorteile: Iris Works was so easy to set up and start using right away. I use it to track my clients information, invoices, products and schedule. I love that you can send attachments, contracts and invoices to my clients. I can set up email templates and then go back and use it again and again. Love the value!

Nachteile: I wish the lead default did not pop up when I go to my clients...I wish it showed only my active clients right away. I also wish it had a wall display configuration, but for the ease of use and set up there is a wonderful value. I wish it also had a place to put expenses so you can track both income and expenses. Right now, it is income only, but it does integrate with Quickbooks.

I love using Iris Works for my photography business, I don't know what I would do without it!

Amanda S.
Owner/Photographer

Vorteile: I love the layout of the software, and the client management system is perfectly suited for my medium-volume studio. It's great to be able to have automated emails, invoicing, calendar, and client info all in one place. I also love that it syncs with Shootoroof, PayPal and Square, and my google calendar.

Nachteile: It really, really drives me crazy that I can't schedule invoices or create recording payments. About half of my clients are on payment plans, so I have to use either Square or PayPal invoicing to schedule future invoicing, it's messy and confusing and screws up the accounting feature on Iris works. That's my one real complaint, however. I think there's room for improvement in terms of design options for email (correctly very limited, I can't customize to look like the rest of my marketing) and it would be nice to not have to create an email template on a separate screen when scheduling automated emails, but those are minor annoyances. PLEASE FIX INVOICE SCHEDULING!!!

Time saver and business organizer!

Erin T.
Owner/Photographer

Vorteile: There are many features that I love about Iris however, my three favorites are the scheduled emails! I love knowing that my clients will get the email reminders prior to their session. I can schedule Multiple emails to go out at various different times to get them thinking, planning and getting ready for their session. I also love the customizable questioner that you can send to your clients- I love how it keeps them organized with the client so I can see when and if they have completed them. Lastly, I love the adding attachments feature to the custom emails! Makes it very professional and concise!

Nachteile: I wish there was a scheduling calendar option that clients to see what availability I have, then book on that!

This makes my life so much easier!

Bewertet am 2.1.2019
Jennifer T.
Owner/photographer
Fotografie, Selbstständig

Vorteile: The exceptional customer service is what really sold me on the software. Anytime you start working wiht something new - there is a learning curve. The people at Iris Works are always available, helpful and super friendly when one needs help. The speed at which a request for an option was put into reality was mind-boggling. I always recommend this software whenever a colleague is asking for studio management software. Everything is together, invoicing, contracts, contacts, questionnaires. And it's so easy to use.

Nachteile: I still have to search for items like my billing cycle or the last invoice from Iris works to me, when does my contract expire.... When I find it - I understand why it is where it is, I just have trouble finding it in the first place. I guess because I don't need it very often.... ;-)

Best Decision I've Made...Total Game Changer

Bewertet am 28.11.2018
Aimee M.
Fotografie, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Customer service is amazing & the facebook page keeps us all in the know. I've never had a negative experience and will continue using Iris Works as long as I have a photography business.

Vorteile: Can't say enough about how much I love Iris Works! All of my client information and activity is located in one space. Using IW has streamlined my workflow and made my chaotic work schedule much easier to manage. Best part is the new scheduling feature!!!!

Nachteile: It would be great to have an app. I've had the software long enough that I'm used to accessing it via bookmark on my phone...BUT an app would be a great improvement.

von Iris Works an 3.12.2018

Thanks for the review, Aimee! So glad to hear Iris is streamlining your business!

I am ready to leave and go to another service.

Bewertet am 22.5.2018
Meghan M.
Owner/Priciple Photographer
Fotografie, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Organization of my client information. Automated emails.

Vorteile: The way my client information is organized and accessible. I like the automated emails. I like the client questionnaires.

Nachteile: *No automated invoicing as part of the workflow. This seems like a no-brainer. If I want a studio software to do all the work for me- invoicing is part of that work!
*The way that inquiries are displayed(hate that I have to "make them a client" in order to unbold them from the clients portal. Inquiries get lost because they are not marked as "answered" in the client portal.
*I hate that I have to create an entire workflow just to send client a contract. If I need to send them a different contract that the one in the normal workflow I have to build an entirely new workflow to send it to them. I hate that I can't send them a workflow with a slightly changed contract. For example- I have a wide variety of mini-session pricing depending on the time of year and type of mini-session. The pricing is really the only thing that changes on the contract. Yet, I have to build an entirely new workflow every time I set up a different mini-session pricing. Why can't I just be allowed to adjust the price in the contract when I go to send a workflow?
*I wish there was an easier way to see what clients have actually completed their workflow without having to individually go in to each client's page and click around. I often have mini-sessions with 14 families in one day. I can see them all on my calendar in the portal but there is no easy way to see all of them in list form and see what contracts and questionnaires have or have not been filled out for the day.
SO MUCH MORE!

von Iris Works an 24.5.2018

Hi Meghan -

I'm sorry to hear your disappointment with our system and our capabilities. I'd like to address a few concerns. You are definitely able to modify a contract, and do not need to create a new workflow in order to send a contract. You can manually send a contract, modifying it before sending.

I completely understand your concern and frustration with no automated invoicing. We are in the process of adding this capability.

And lastly, the frustration you have with not being able to see all completed/not-completed questionnaires and contracts is a shared frustration. Our team is already mapping out a solution to this.

I hope you'll give us a chance to address some of your concerns!

Decent enough but much room for improvement.

Bewertet am 15.5.2018

Kommentare: It helps me keep my business organized better than I could alone, but I am definitely considering switching to a different program like ShootQ

Vorteile: Contracts and invoices - I enjoy the ease of sending clients contracts and invoices. Being able to accept payments through Stripe and PayPal makes life easy.

Nachteile: The organization of this program is not intuitive at all. The menu across the top is disorganized in itself like "locations" would be as important as a dedicated menu header as "clients". A menu to the side with the main part of the window being your workspace or "dashboard" would be much cleaner. Clients - a giant, seemingly neverending list of clients is useless. I can search them by name, but some sort of organization or grouping option would be nice. The individual client page is nice. I like being able to see their activity, invoices and documents. To -dos: A boring list that tells me nothing. Visuals would be nice, like an interactive calendar that can be color-coded. I can tell nothing from glancing at a list of text. Calendar: Meets the bare minimum of calendar functionality. Being able to see a list of upcoming calendar entries would also be nice. Invoices:Professional looking. I like that I can connect to Quickbooks. Documents: Again, a list. I like the tabs to separate them. The editing window is garbage. A common complaint is accidentally clicking outside of the window and losing your work. Studio: Email templates are ok, but not be able to add images is not ok. The banner option is lame. Also, if emailing clients is going to be an option through Iris Works, there needs to be an email client where we can look through our messages. Having to hunt down emails client by client is tiresome. Workflow would be nicer if there was a better calendar.

I love using Iris. I shopped around at Imaging USA and tried a few different ones out, but Iris won.

Deirdre L.
Owner/Photographer

Kommentare: Way more streamlined studio management! Invoicing capability, scheduling, client forms, contracts, etc. Too many to remember.

Vorteile: It's ease of use. It is incredibly user friendly. I love that I can have client leads automatically entered into my client data base. It saves so much time. I love that they are always updating it and trying to improve it and make it even more amazing than it already is. Their customer support is also very good.

Nachteile: I wish that I could do partial payment options on invoices; that way I don't have to do a new invoice for payment plans, and could just send out a reminder email or something. I also wish they would have an app; I don't know why, but I feel like apps are easier to work with than websites on my phone or tablet, even though it is a responsive website.

Great client management system

Bewertet am 2.1.2019
Kristin H.
Fotografie, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Overall my experience with Iris Works has been very positive! It has made contacting clients so much easier with the automated workflow systems and I get contracts back from my clients so much faster than emailing them a .pdf! They all love that they can e-sign on their phone. I think it makes me look much more professional.

Vorteile: Iris is super easy to use and good value for what you pay. I like that all of the automatic emails and workflows are customizable. The automated email system works great and saves me so much time!

Nachteile: I wish that the system came with a more mobile-friendly app. I like that I can access my online account on my phone, but it can be cumbersome to use and I think if there was an app specifically designed for using on your mobile phone it would make using the system on my mobile phone so much easier.

Overall very good

Oona B.
Fotografie, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The product was a game changer for me when I was switching for the first time to a CMS, helps alleviate loads of otherwise time taking tasks.

Nachteile: As I've used it for a long time now it's not growing with me as I'd like it too. I find that I am using Evernote and Trello and Calendy AND Iris when I'd like to be just using one platform to manage my clients. The hardest things for me are non-customizable things, such as specific timing on items, as well as actual task lists and due dates that are managable. Plus I find it's only usable on a computer - would love to be able to access it more redily on my phone.

Iris Works Review

Bewertet am 27.7.2019
Mary beth C.
Fotografie, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It has been a great experience and there customer service is excellent.

Vorteile: I loved how the company transferred my clients data into their system for me. They have an easy to use platform and it allows you choose what type of sessions you offer in a customized look. It has good customizable email templates and makes them look very professional, which saves time.

Nachteile: That the contact page does not allow you to require a phone number. It also is not trackable by google ads or google analytics. I also wish they had an app for you phone as well.

Overall I am happy with the application.

Bewertet am 19.5.2018
Tania F.

Kommentare: Automation and CRM plus invoicing

Vorteile: I love the integration with shootproof and that it allows me to automate my workflows and receive payments on invoices. I also love that the people behind Iris Works are always working on improvements based on its clients feedback and most requested features so there is always new features being added and no additional cost.

Nachteile: There are some features that are off to a great start but lacking in robust-ness. For example the calendar integrates with ical or google calendar but there is no ability to create availability and do automated appointment scheduling. It also doesnt allow you to categorize or group email templates so it can be hard to find what you want when its just a random list.

A great and easy to use studio management software!

Shelby W.
Fotografie, Selbstständig

Kommentare: consistency in communication, great storage of client info and more.

Vorteile: I love how easy and quickly I was able to integrate the software into my business. I was up and running very fast and it was easy to get help from the support team. I love how I can integrate all my calendars! I also really like how easy it is to keep client information all together...their contracts, questionnaires, invoices and everything all in one stop! I also really like the automation side of things with emails and more!

Nachteile: The financial side of things is weak. I wish I could track my business expenses and mileage. I also wish I could use this as an app on my phone too. Last, I wish I could reply to emails sent out through the software.

A great tool for organizing my photography business.

Jamie R.
Owner/Photographer

Vorteile: I like having my scheduling, contracts, invoicing and email workflow information all in one place. Iris helps me look like a well organized professional to my clients.

Nachteile: There are some features that could use some improvement. Invoices seem to pull and be noted on their creation date, which is a huge problem for accounting purposes. Nothing matters until payment is collected, thus payment date is most important to track. I would like to see scheduling opportunities, not promises of it. Payment integration is ok but a bit clunky when relying on invoice tracking mentioned above. Invoices should be able to be connected to the initial contract email so clients aren't receiving multiple messages at once.

A must have for ANY photographer!

Bewertet am 14.1.2019
Michael S.
Creative Visionary and Owner
Fotografie, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Bottom line, Iris Works saves me time! Once you get everything set up it makes servicing clients a breeze. That's important because I can focus more on creating and less on processes.

Vorteile: Iris Works takes the hassle out of many of the day to day operations for my business. I like being able to quickly enter clients, send them important information about setting up their shoot and how easy it is for clients to pick a date and book their shoot. Additionally - and most importantly - Iris Works EXCELS at providing stellar customer support and they are keen on listening to feedback and implementing improvements to their offering. Seriously, you simply can't go wrong by choosing Iris Works Software!

Nachteile: If I had to be picky, I'd say that their lead page could use a refresh and be more customizable. Also, applying more customization to forms and invoices overall.

Great start....

Niki J.
Studio Manager
Fotografie, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: It's easy to use- makes sense in my brain. Other softwares were just too difficult to figure out how to use.

Nachteile: I'd like to be able to send an email through Iris without having to "generate" one. I like to keep track of all correspondence with our clients through the software. My biggest complaint is NEEDING AN APP! PLEASE!!!!! Yes, I can log in from a browser on my phone, but its such a pain! A way for our clients to schedule themselves online would be awesome as well as a way for them to pay for their appointment without us having to send an invoice. For example, Ms. Smith would like to book herself Monday at 4:00 pm for a headshot session. Deposit the amount. Payment has to be made then before she can complete her booking. Because of these major items, I'm looking at other studio software that would allow us to do all these things.

I didn't have a client management software before Iris Works, making this step has been lifechanging

Bewertet am 15.5.2018

Vorteile: I like that is it easy to use, didn't take too long to set up and is made specifically for my industry. My favorite features are the email templates and workflow by session type, along with the automated emails. I have saved SO much time and effort by automating things and my clients have praised me level of communication.

Nachteile: The software is pretty simple and there are some basic features missing, like being able to sort client list alphabetically, or being able to click the assigned client in the to-do list and going right to their profile. Also, it seems like it takes a long time for them to roll out new features and fixes to common requests.

I absolutely love Iris Works! It makes my everyday life SO much easier!

Amanda C.
Photographer

Vorteile: I love the ease of scheduling clients and sending off invoices, etc! I find that I am saving so much time and I love being able to see all of my invoices, scheduled sessions, and session info all in one spot! Plus...it's nice that it does things that I don't have time for (as in sending emails, etc!) I LOVE it...and the customer service is AMAZING!

Nachteile: The worst part is setting it all up. Once you have done that, you're good to go...but the process is quite lengthy.

I love Iris Works!

Bewertet am 3.1.2019
Katie D.
Fotografie, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I have used Iris for several years and find more benefit from it the more I use it! I have automated many things through it and it has made my life so much easier.

Vorteile: Iris has streamlined my client experience when booking. Automating things has made my life so much easier and I feel as though my business looks more professional with such a streamlined booking process.

Nachteile: There are a few things I wish that I could do that Iris isn't capable of yet. However, they are constantly adding more features!

Great workflow experience. Still need to tweak certain features.

Agent

Kommentare: Client information, good calendar and location software. Organization.

Vorteile: Professional look to the emails and invoices. I like the saved email templates and workflows. It saves so much time and headaches! Storing all the activity in a timeline is great too.

Nachteile: You can't write an email without having to draft a template, so it's more difficult to send quick correspondence. Sending auto emails is confusing when they are sent out. It would be nice to have a confirmation email or a blind carbon copy sent to us so that I can verify the email has been sent. The annual subscription is excessively expensive. No accounting software, only invoicing.

Iris Works has been the best decision I have made since starting my business.

Mary B.
Photographer

Vorteile: The booking features including work flow, questionnaires and contracts. The business side of my business has never been so easy. I feel like I can stay on top of tasks without anything slipping through my fingers under the radar. Totally game changer.

Nachteile: I still haven't figured out invoicing through Iris but that's probably user error and lack of trying. I also haven't used the goals metrics yet. Overall I'm very happy with everything Iris has to offer!