Über My Hours

„Nutzerfreundliche Zeiterfassung“ ist der häufigste Ausdruck, den Kunden seit 2002 für My Hours verwenden. Starte kostenlos.

Erfahre mehr über My Hours

Easy to use, I can track my working time efficiently. A good set of features available for free tier accounts.

I was a little hesitant at first because the country this software originated from may be a country with higher cybercrime activity.

Bewertungen zu My Hours

4,9

My Hours hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,8 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 971 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du My Hours bereits verwendet?

Klaus
Programmierer in Deutschland
Programmentwicklung, Selbstständig

Bewertung

Kommentare: Zeiterfassung ist prima

Einfache und jederzeit erreichbare Zeiterfassung

Nichts. Alles gut. Da gibt es nichts zu meckern. Man kann parallel am Handy und am Computer abeiten

Founder and CEO in USA
Personalwesen, Selbstständig

Streamlined Time Tracking and Billing

Kommentare: I use this software daily (and all day, at that) both at home and when I'm working from the road. I cannot recommend it enough for tracking where I spend my time for my clients and what I need to invoice them at the end of each month.

MyHours was the first system I found that let me really customize my solution the way that I wanted and needed it for my own tracking. I love the fact that I can have clients with different rates, team members with different rates, multiple projects for clients, and tasks under those projects. It's incredible the amount of customization on such an easy-to-navigate product.

In some ways, it has too many features for my small business and it took me a bit longer to set up my own preferred flow of clients / projects / tasks. But, huge caveat, when I set it up, I was only testing it out and didn't think about future use. If I had planned out my implementation with long-term use in mind, it probably would not have taken me nearly as long to do this part.

Nadege
Nadege
Freelance in Portugal
Vorstandsbüro, Selbstständig

If you don't need integration with an external app, this is the best time tracker I've seen

Kommentare: Response time of MyHours is amazing. You click, it starts. Some other software are simply too slow to process information or start tasks and I'm always wondering if the task timer has started or not. Also, this UI actually incites you to take notes which is never something you do naturally because, at that moment, you KNOW what you are working on. However, two months down the line, when the client says "what is this 4h30 log there ??", you can respond clearly "Oh you called me and you procrastinated for hours before making a decision, that's why it took so long dude !" :))

- Its user interface is pretty, fast-reacting, intuitive. It takes no time to understand how it works. - You can assign the same task to various projects, which is pretty cool : the fact that I have several projects where the same tasks apply (I manage a client's clients and for each of them, I have translations, website audit, profile analysis to do... So it's great to create the task once and for all and assign it to each sub-client). - With the invoicing feature, you can see immediately what's been invoiced, what's to be invoiced. As a freelancer, this is great as you don't necessarily invoice all your clients at the end of a month. Some yes, but some are invoiced at the end of a project. No looking around, exports, calculations, to see who needs to be invoiced. - Because of how it's set up, unless you are really not focused, it's pretty impossible to have logs that don't correspond to a project and a client. My previous time tracking softwares were leaving me with unidentified logs that kept me wondering for hours on what project / task I worked three weeks ago, at 1.21am !! :) I ended up deleting logs because I had no clue if it was a mistake or a real work log... - You can set up hourly rates per task or per project or per team member. That comes in handy because, in my case, I have different clients that I charge differently. And within the same client, I also have different rates depending on the project. - Pricing is spot on.

Liking "least" is not how I would define it... I would say there is room for improvement in a couple of areas that are, right now, not critical for me (but might be for others): - No integration (that I know of) with productivity software / project management software (Asana, Basecamp, Monday, Slack, Airtable, etc...). For some, it will prove a bit wasteful to have tasks in those apps and to have to repeat them in MyHours. - Filtering is limited. For example, I have two clients that are close partners and even though I invoice them separately, projects are intertwined. I need to group those two clients together when I report and analyze time spent on projects. Right now, I can only filter one client at a time and I would appreciate filter where you can multiple select. - Like all time trackers I know, MyHours also doesn't provide a really great to have feature : providing a read only view for clients of logs applying to them. For example, one of my clients for whom I work on a daily basis needs to know my "count" for the month at any given time, so he knows if he can give me more work or not, since we are on an hours package basis... Having a permanent URL where he can check on his own where I'm at and what I've worked on and how long would avoid time wasted for him asking me and time wasted for me telling him :)

Antwort von Spica

Hi Nadege, thank you so much for your kind review. Below are my short comments: 1. We are indeed slow on the integrations part. Will improve on this front very soon. 2. You can, in fact, select multiple projects or clients in reports. Maybe it is not straightforward enough. Please, contact support to learn how. 3. Shared reporting would make total sense, thanks. Thank you for your suggestions and kind words. Miha My Hours Team

Radu
PCB design in Rumänien
Computer-Hardware, Selbstständig

Good enough

4,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: It was good overall, if you need a tool that has a good price and easy to use.

It's so easy to use and simple. It's great for time tracking.

It has some strange bug when convering hours into cash at billing. Always made some errors and I didn't understand why, talked with the support about it. Not sure if it's fixed now.

Bob
Schreiben & Editieren, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great lightweight utility for tracking time

Kommentare: As a small business with only a handful of clients, it's vitally important for me to know how much time I'm actually spending on a project. I've tried various time-tracking tools and My Hours is, by far, the best value of the bunch: Just the right amount of functionality without too many complications, and at a fair cost. I've recommended it to others on several occasions.

My Hours is an affordable, simple system to track time for anyone or any organization that works by the hour. I started with it as an individual and it was a great tool for helping me improve my estimates and increase profitability of the work I took on. I've since expanded it to a small team, and it's my main resource for time management and substantiating client invoices.

There are a few issues, such as the selector window shuts down when you reach the bottom of a list - so if you're just a little bit heavy on the mouse and miss the right moment to click, you end up having to go back and re-select the client/project etc. Also, a recent change in the way reports work has forced me to change the way I do billing. I find it frustrating but no more so than the unanticipated changes every online service provider makes from time to time.

Katie
Communications Manager in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Helpful for Agency Work

5,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Overall, this was the best tool for me to track time and definitely recommend.

I began using MyHours in 2019 when our subsidiary began managing more clients, and we had to record our time. That subsidiary was eventually dissolved but I still use MyHours to track my time. Their customer support helped me figure out how to change the default view for the detailed report (to view the month at a glance).

It looks outdated and is a bit clunky/not super user friendly.

Tara
Owner and Consultant in USA
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Super easy to use - Great Free version

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

This is a pretty powerful tool for a free version to help manage Clients, Projects, and track time on specific tasks. For a single user - it's the perfect solve to keep me accountable and track billability for invoicing and statistics.

I'd always love more reporting customization oppportunities, like the ability to select multiple months in one report and the option to set different billability levels for different tasks within a project

Megan
Photographer in Südafrika
Fotografie, Selbstständig

Managing time

5,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: By implementing various techniques and utilizing time management tools, I've been able to prioritize tasks, set achievable goals, and maintain a better balance between work and personal life.

intuitive tool with customizable features, seamless integration, and robust analytics. Its user-friendly interface and collaboration tools make it a valuable asset for boosting productivity. While there's a slight learning curve and mobile app limitations, the benefits far outweigh any drawbacks.

Nothing i can think of right now i think it is great.

Daksh
Software ENGINEER in USA
E-Learning, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Best time tracking system

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Ability to log hours and UI is so much simple to use

Nothing that I dislike about it. Its perfect

Hubertus
Area Director of Finance in USA
Gastgewerbe, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Single User of My Hours

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: I am using it constantly and it is exactly what I was looking for: a powerful time management program that allows me to create accurate billing reports & invoices.

This product does exactly what I need it to do: keep track of time I am spending on various tasks for different projects. It also allows me to create custom reports that I use for billing purpose. I selected this product due to it's flexibility and ease of use.

Nothing I can think of, everything works as expected.

Rebecca
Architect in UK
Architektur & Planung, Selbstständig

Fantastic time tracking app

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

As a self employed Architect, My Hours allows me to track my hours across projects and tasks which enables me to both reflect on the reality of time spent on projects/tasks versus predicted, and to time charge clients for particular tasks.

I've not come across anything yet that I dislike

Jeannie
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

Best time tracker for solopreneurs!

Kommentare: Absolutely love My Hours & have for years! I am a QuickBooks ProAdvisor and have a free TSheets account, and have used many different time trackers over the years, I prefer My Hours. If I had a team I might need the features of TSheets, but since it's just me, My Hours is perfect, and free. I love the simplicity and it gives me everything I need. Love the dashboard that shows me my average billable hours per day, and my average hourly rate. I've set up projects/tasks for unbillable time as well as billable, so the dashboard is invaluable in showing me how productive my time is.

Free version has everything I need without a bunch of things I don't. Love the dashboard!

Can't remove unused columns, such as status & invoiced, from activity report

Richard
Creative Director in UK
Design, Selbstständig

Time will tell.

Kommentare: I use MyHours every day. It keeps me sane. It stops we overworking or underworking. It also gives me the power to assess individual areas of my business, life, and projects so I can fine tune and not live in la la land when it comes to understanding how long creative projects (and non-creative for that matter) actually take. Critical when it comes to pricing projects and determining the right fee level.

You can copy from the previous week so you don't have to rebuild your timesheet. You can see your whole week spread of projects, tasks, and time and edit the whole lot with an overview of everything.

That it didn't have this until recently! You can see your whole week spread of projects, tasks, and time and edit the whole lot with an overview of everything.

Brian
Principal in USA
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Flexible, Simple Time tracking

Kommentare: As a freelancer, my ongoing success depends on my ability to get paid for my work. As such, an accurate and flexible time tracking software is quite possibly the most critical software function in my business. I cannot accurately bill my clients without it. My Hours does everything I need it to do, and is in an easy to use and functional format with a clean, uncluttered interface. It's become an indispensable tool for me.

There was very little learning curve. I had changed to My Hours from an old tracking software from another vendor (which I had used for many years) and was initially concerned that I would lose productivity when switching to the new software. But I was wrong. I was up and running in less than an hour. Once I got it running, I quickly realized that it was more flexible than the old software I had been using and would enable me to do everything I was accustomed to doing with the old software but with none of the problems that drove me to change. It's been a painless and seamless change to using My Hours.

At first the user interface took some getting used to, and some of the features were in unfamiliar or unintuitive places, but that quickly became a non-issue for me. And the company is always making incremental improvements.

Bau, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Suits My Needs

Kommentare: I am happy I went with My Hours after spending a lot of time reviewing other small business accounting software/online services, nothing gave me the flexibility and control I wished for -- then I stumbled upon My Hours after a lot of frustration with others My Hours fits my needs better than anything else I have come across.

I like the activity review - you can see any aspect of a project and spot any missing elements. It's easy to customize reports. It enables clients and myself to see the big picture of where things are at (costs). I prefer to generate my own invoices manually since they need to be customized to the job and client. So My Hours allows me to see scope of a project and what needs to be billed etc. at any time.

A little difficult to customize, and some aspects need more flexibility. I tend to have to repeat some things often...

Claude Real
Graphic Designer in Kanada
Grafikdesign, Selbstständig

Great products and I recommend, but some improvement needed

Kommentare: My main use for this software is for my Graphic Designer business, but I recently started to use it also with my second job as IT Business Analyst and I can say, as an analyst, that the product is well design and simple. Once the mobile version is fixed and the ability to connect via API is rendered available, I think this product could be perfect for any company, at least in IT and Graphic Design.

The ability to enter the time online is a great plus. The tracking of time by project, client, tasks, etc. is really accurate and really helps to do a better management of hours per project and helps a lot for the billing of customers.

The interface is really bad on mobile devices (mostly cellphones). On tablets it's not so bad, but cellphone really need a major improvement. Also, and I want to indicate that it may be a lack of knowledge on my part, but I still haven't found the ability to connect to the software using an API to connect with a Payroll system.

Bonnie
Multimedia Content Developer in Irland
E-Learning, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Great Project Tracking Software

Kommentare: When I started this position three years ago it was a brand new position. My manager wanted me to track the amount of time I spent on different projects so we could better define the role. I tried a few different things before I found My Hours, and I've been using it ever since. I love it! (And so does she! In our last meeting she said she wished everyone in the department kept track of their time with My Hours!)

The ability to keep track of the hours I spend on all the different projects I work on for my department.

The reports. When I print them as PDF the page sometimes breaks across the charts. I'd like to be able to set my own page breaks.

Antwort von Spica

Hi Bonnie, thank you for your kind review and valuable feedback. Thanks, My Hours Team

Abrielle
Executive Coordinator in USA
Medienproduktion, Selbstständig

Reliable & Organized Time Tracking Software!

My Hours is super easy to view, learn, and use. Clocking in and clocking out as a way of tracking time is easy, or time can be manually logged with a project name and description about the work done. The Reports generated by the system are well-organized, easy to read, and are easy to send to show time worked.

It seems like some of my projects are billed at different rates even though I’ve changed the rate and set it to be from the beginning

Cathi
Owner, Principal Consultant in USA
Biotechnologie, Selbstständig

My Hours Highly Recommended for Time Tracking and Invoicing!

Kommentare: I've been using My Hours for over 3 years. Anytime I've had issues, questions or requests, I've been able to chat with the Help staff and ALWAYS receive a prompt response and resolution to my question/issue. I find it to be intuitive and very user friendly - and creates administrative efficiencies so that I can focus on the actual work! Great value for the price!

I am an independent consultant and use My Hours daily to track my work time for several clients. I am able to create tasks specific to my work/industry and thus can track HOW I spend my time for each client. Additionally, I can easily and efficiently generate invoices at the end of each month and attach detailed reports to detail my work.

I'd like to be able to generate an invoice with the corresponding detail/report in one go. Currently, I generate the detailed or dashboard report separately, PDF it and attach it as back-up to the corresponding invoice.

Dani
lead Mechanical Engineer in Neuseeland
Umweltdienstleistungen, Selbstständig

Good f

Kommentare: I use Myhours even though I have changed jobs and work at a place that does have and require use of an official time keeping app. But I can't have a live clock going as I work. So I still use my hours as I go about the week to record time and then enter it into the other app

I started using Myhours when I worked in a small NGO that didn't have their own time management system. I found My hours accessible (I used it myself and wasn't paid for by the company so it was great that the free version had all the basic functions), and intuitive It was easy to create a new task if you needed to without spending a long time setting it up, it was convenient to just turn the clock on and off as you went and reporting functions were good as I could create an activity report and email it to payroll quickly..

Honestly I only have two things I didn't like. Firstly the occasional bugs where sometimes time doesn't get recorded or won't stop when I click on stop. But this hasn't happened in a while so that's good. The other is that It seems I can no longer get an activity report in excel format downloaded in the free version. I understand you want to limit the free version, but given that was available before I found it a bit inconvenient suddenly.

Jenifer
Business Analyst in USA
Hochschulbildung, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Great tool for tracking time on projects!

Kommentare: Love this software -- and did I mention its free for one user! I don't bill for my time, but I do need to keep track of time spent on various projects and on tasks within those projects. I work a helpdesk in a addition to various documentation projects. So during the day, when I pick up the phone to answer a helpdesk question, I just click to start tracking my time. When I'm done, I click back to tracking the documentation project that I was working on. Super simple! Great for reporting on my time spent -- however it was spent! I will be retiring in a couple of years and plan to work as a professional genealogist. I will definitely be using MyHours to keep track of my time spent then!!! Thanks so much for a great product!

Easy to set up projects that you need track your time on. Easy to add tasks so that you can identify how you are spending your time on a particular project. Super easy to switch from project to project as you work through your day. Love being able to add all the projects that I plan to work on that day and then switch between them. Great tool to get reports on time spent on projects over a year for yearly job review (Bleh!). Not to mention Free for just one user (me!).

Could do with more flexible report options. The new report functionality is a bit more difficult to use than the previous ones.

Steve
President in USA
Öffentlichkeitsarbeit und Kommunikation, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

An essential tool for capturing time, saving time during billing

Situation: We are a 19-year-old public relations agency with multiple clients and an extraordinary range and number of projects. Our last time tracking system’s company closed. We researched available replacement options and decided to give My Hours a try based on their free trail period. Less than a week into the trial period, we knew My Hours was what we wanted. Advantages: 1) We capture more time and more easily. It is so easy to start a time log that we are capturing every action down to tasks requiring only several minutes. This gives us a more accurate accounting of our time – time we could not capture before. 2) Doing company-wide activity reports and sending invoices consumed a full day prior to My Hours. We estimate we are completing activity reports and invoicing in about three hours not eight. And doing so much more simply with less frustration, and with more accurate record keeping in terms of project actions. The My Hours reporting function gives us the information we need in the form we need it in. The first time we relied on My Hours as the basis of reporting our time and project status to clients, it paid for itself. 3) Interestingly and unexpectedly, My Hours gives us a project management tool. Administrators can see the status of projects based on the work of the extended team. I know there are aspects of My Hours that we have not explored. We look forward to doing so. My Hours is one of our most important productivity tools.

Sometimes it is a little difficult to find the answer to a question we have. This may be simply part of the learning curve which is pretty shallow. It's easy to use.

Carol
Graphic Designer in USA
Design, Selbstständig

Easy to Use and Full of Features

Kommentare: Not a single problem. I've been able to utilize the available info for any questions I've had with complete success. The one email exchange I had with them was responded to quickly and politely.

As a freelance designer, I needed a way to keep track how much time I was spending on multiple jobs at once. And at different rates. But the feature that sold me on My Hours was the budgeting. I love being able to see at a glance where I am vs what the expectations are. You can budget by price or by time and get visual feedback in a glance. Additionally, I love the way this program tracks time (in decimal time) - I can simply drop it into my accounting software and it matches up. Plus seeing the additional expenses (like purchased software, stock art, website themes) added in helps me get a much better overall feel for how my little business is doing. It's so easy to use and I haven't even dug into all that is here yet.

So far, absolutely nothing is wrong with My Hours. It does exactly what I need and does it well without a bunch of unnecessary frills. I use another program for accounting, but I'm not a big fan of the way the invoicing feature works with My Hours. It is clean and crisp though.

Principal in Kaimaninseln
Rechtsberatung, Selbstständig

Easy and versatile system to use.

Kommentare: I am super happy with the system and I appreciate that the developer is always looking to make improvements.

It is very user friendly and allows me full flexibility with my different charging methods for clients. I love the reporting also. Saves me lots of time.

I wish I could figure out (myself) how to integrate it with my Quickbooks online.

Matt
Cameraman/video editor in UK
Medienproduktion, Selbstständig

My Hours is essential for a freelancer who needs to keep track of time on projects

It has simplified and modernised the process of time tracking on projects for me. Being able to create separate projects and associate them with particular clients helps me quote for future work more effectively and ensure I'm invoicing the correct amount on project completion. Being able to separate specific tasks is also helpful. As a video editor it's very easy to lose track of time on projects, so I wouldn't be without this software moving forward.

I haven't taken the time to learn about all of the features available so can't say much. However the only thing I would say is the interface does appear a little confusing sometimes, particularly when I'm looking at reports for particular clients. Sometimes I have reports saying projects have billable hours and others don't and I don't really know what I've done to enable this. Maybe that's why I haven't dug deeper as of yet.