ViewPoint Cloud Bewertungen

3.7/5
    3.5/5
    3.5/5

About ViewPoint Cloud

Supercharge your citizen engagement by putting permitting, code enforcement and licensing online for access anywhere, anytime

Erfahre mehr über ViewPoint Cloud

Dan R.
Assistant City Manager
  • Bewertet am 19.12.2019

"Best software implementation I have ever experienced in local government"

Kommentare: It has been, hands down, by far the best software implementation that I have experienced in my sixteen years in local government. This product didn't just provide a new permitting platform, it significantly improved our operations and lessened the time necessary to review permits for our customers. It dramatically increased the number of online permit applications we receive, and resulted in a 10x increase in the number of electronic payments.

Vorteile: The ease of use and obvious care that was put into the user interface and user experience. Both the back end and customer facing portions of this software are very easy to use. Employees were essentially able to train themselves with very minimal direction on how to navigate Viewpoint, and customers were wowed by the use of use that encouraged them to submit applications to us electronically and make electronic payments.

Nachteile: When we first implemented Viewpoint nearly three years ago the product was young in its maturity and we had to make some compromises because of its somewhat limited functionality. Viewpoint has evolved a lot in the last three years, however, and we have found that the benefits of the overall product far outweigh any remaining issues.

Melissa R.
Business Operations Manager - Professional Srvcs
  • Bewertet am 19.12.2019

"Excellent Software with Ease of Use for All!"

Kommentare: This software has allowed us to go completely paperless, has streamlined the permitting process, cut down on foot traffic into the office as well as phone calls checking on the status of permits. Customer Service has been very good, always quick to respond.

Vorteile: This software is very easy to use and set-up. It has helped streamline our permitting process and has allowed better interaction with our applicants. Contractors love this software due to it's ease of use and that they no longer have to make it to our offices to pull apply for permits, they can now easily do it from their home and/or office.

Nachteile: Would like to see the attachments revamped to allow for folders to be added or renaming of files easier. When you have a large project sometimes attachments can be confusing to the office and to the applicant. Would also like to see the fees for applicants be connected, so you don't have to go into each application and change the same fee type, this is very time consuming.

James D.
Pretreatment Inspector
Versorgungsunternehmen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 6.1.2020

"Good Service"

Kommentare: In its current state, I enjoy it and find it easy to use. It is a far better system then the paper records the municipality used to use.

Vorteile: This software was a little rough in the beginning, but after some updates as well as other users getting used to it in the municipality that I work in, it's become pretty reliable. I like the ease that users have to upload documents and my ability to view and download them. I also especially like the ability to make comments internally.

Nachteile: I have not found an easy way to check permits that I have already completed. I see what looks like that option in my profile, however nothing loads when I click on completed. I also get spammed with "documents have been uploaded" to my email when they are uploaded on permits. This is not always important for me to know, and I do not see any settings that I can filter what kind of emails I receive from viewpointcloud.

• Bewertet am 6.1.2020
Tamie C.
Admin Asst

"It's OK"

Kommentare: disappointing overall!! I personally was not here when this software was first installed. I had to figure it own on my own. We tried to get View Point to come here to help us with showing us all the features...(which I'm sure I do not know about or haven't figured out or had the time)....but of course that comes with a high price tag !!! The town was not willing to pay such a high price for them to come here for a couple hours from Boston, which is only 50 miles away to really see what the software has to offer!! And I don't have time to read pages and pages of "help/support"

Vorteile: Being able to look up permits at your fingertips.
We are not live to the point of customers using it and we just use it for Inspectional Permits

Nachteile: Reports.... not easy to figure out and use. Lots of long processing time....issues getting bumped out while working on a permit. Small annoying issues of such as addresses not recognized when they clearly are there and exist. sometimes I just deal with the annoying issues and don't bother with support, because, mostly it's not worth it!

Julieann L.
Admin to Building Commissioner

"More Functionality"

Kommentare: Mixed. The customer service is responsive which is key. The flow of the permit process is ok but needs streamlining in my opinion.

Vorteile: Pleasant looking and pretty straight forward

Nachteile: Too many steps to complete an inspection. I have thousands of inspections that the inspector did not realize had to be "completed" then "completed" again to close out that step, if applicable. Editing our building permit that is printed out has been a nightmare to edit. Cannot resize. User-unfriendly. Have to use code language. Would like sub-folders in attachments., not just one attachment per "box". In other words, if I have more than one set of plans. I would like to put them in a "plans" attachment with sub-folders of the various plans. The syncing to my email calendar does not appear to work either. I would like to schedule inspections around meetings, days off, etc without having to go back and forth from my Outlook calendar and viewpoint "Inspect" tab. We also want to have all property records online in View Point, not just permits. Having the functionality to organize records of all types in with the permits would be great. The inability to link more than one record to another in the Projects option is annoying too. Many of our larger ongoing projects have one overall building permit with multiple sub-permits. For example: a new commercial construction building will have 2 or 3 Building permits with several related permits that I want to link together. For example, there could be two or three electrical, plumbing, sheet metal, gas etc permits that, if linked somehow together would make is so much easier than to try to sort through which permit is with which.

John C.
CIO
Staatsverwaltung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

"Excellent Choice"

Kommentare: Our implementation went very smoothly, and the interface was both simple and intuitive. The team does a nice job of adding functionality on a regular basis.

Vorteile: The flexibility of the design allows us to customize our request forms, workflows, and screens to fit our requirements. And it allows us to adapt the process and adjust as new requirements emerge.

Nachteile: I didn't buy stock in the company from the jump.

Mike H.
Development Services Manager

"Review"

Kommentare: I really like the processes with ViewPoint from Plan Review down to Inspections. I like how all pertinent information is captured in the system and I like the look.

Vorteile: Value and ease of use. The software is intuitive and my staff and most customers like it.

Nachteile: Lacks obvious functionality when it comes to email addresses. Limiting a permit to only one email address creates a lot of problems for customers and staff. Critical users cannot see their inspection results.

Marc T.
Director of IT
  • Bewertet am 20.12.2019

"Marc Tate - Westerly RI"

Kommentare: We were part of the State of Rhode Island push to have an online E-permitting system. This allowed us to take online submissions and credit card payments. It has cut down our data entry time and provided public access to our information.

Vorteile: Being a SAAS product is the best feature of the software

Nachteile: Very limited reporting options - AN EXPORT TO EXCEL IS NOT A REPORT - I had to write a program so that my users were not recreating reports every day. Viewpoint, like every other permitting program I have ever used, should have basic canned reports that could be run as needed.

Brian K.
Plumbing/Mechanical Inspector
  • Bewertet am 19.12.2019

"Very disappointed with Cloud based system"

Kommentare: I was on the team to review new permitting software for the City of Portsmouth about 5 years ago. After reviewing multiple systems and having an onsite demo we all picked Viewpoint as the number 1 choice This was before it was a web based program since one of the requirement in the RFP was in could not be a cloud based program. For some reason the city decided not upgrade at that time. The City then decided to go with Viewpoint Cloud without consulting with the original team. In my opinion the cloud based system was a major step backwards. Also I think there are much better cloud base permitting systems available.

Vorteile: As a plumbing mechanical inspector I like the fact that we can schedule the inspection in the system and when I leave the job I can record inspection results in my vehicle on tablet. Saves a lot of time on recording manually or returning to office and entering into system. I like the fact that all communication is done in the permit and the results can be shared with other inspectors by using the @.

Nachteile: The integration with Outlook is terrible. It creates another calendar that cannot be edited to add appointments not related to Viewpoint inspection and you can not customize the amount of time for an inspection. It schedules to 1/2 hr. and some inspections we schedule are for 1hr. Also once an inspection is scheduled you can not schedule another inspection for that permit until you sign of on the scheduled inspection. Some contractors would like to schedule multiple inspection for the same permit at once. The contractor database should be built into the software and not an add on. There is a problem with running reports. I did contact support months ago and was told that it is an issue with the system but it still has not been resolved. Better reporting was one of the main reasons we purchased the system

Brad W.
Building Official

"Needs work"

Kommentare: The system is skipping the Fire Department on permits and the Demo permits are being approved by Engineering Department and not forwarded to Building official. Last I knew the code drop down box did not have option for 2019 new codes.
It is difficult to process the CO's in Viewpoint it is a lot easier in Opal.

Vorteile: I can access the program from my I pad remotely.

Nachteile: Customer support is a big problem - there is no contact person for municipalities and it is a lot worse for customers filing permits who are having difficulty and have nobody at viewpoint to get assistance from.
Contact information needs to be posted at the top of page when logged on to system.
Please call [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] he has tried to file permit since yesterday afternoon.

Marlene G.
Clerk Typist
Staatsverwaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 18.12.2019

"Viewpoint Cloud"

Kommentare: Viewpoint makes the overall permitting experience very easy. Of course there are a few older contractors that aren't comfortable on computers yet but overall everyone is happy. It also makes it easy for solar companies to pull their permits when they're out of state, they don't have to set a date to have someone drive down to pull it, they can do it right from their office.

Vorteile: I like the usability of the program. I like how fast and easy looking up permits is when title searchers and realtors come in to see permits and showing them how to use the website from their offices, and they like that they have access to it 24/7 as well. I like the capability of scanning in documents making my job filing much easier reducing the amount of paper we keep in the office.

Nachteile: The only gripe I have is locations for condos, apartments, or co-ops are hard for residents and contractors to find. Usually requires them calling to find out what address to use to get through the application. Also, the inability to delete a unit # once created I wish there was an option to be able to do that, in case its a duplicate.

• Bewertet am 18.12.2019
Abby C.
ZEO
Regierungsbeziehungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

"Room for Improvement"

Kommentare: There are lots of ways that the software could improve but the biggest problem I think we have encountered is that it wasn't set up for us as well as it could have been which makes searching for records a nightmare. It would also be awesome if numerous panels on the right hand side of the screen could be minimized with a toggle switch so you don't have to scroll down through a bunch of jobber jabber that doesn't pertain to you.

Vorteile: This software has helped clarify the process for applicants and ensures nothing gets missed by each of the departments along the way.

Nachteile: It was set up in a less than ideal manner. It is difficult to find records that we are looking for. I wish there were a way to "hide" applications and designate a date that you would like a reminder. For example, I often work out of the inbox function. If someone applies for a pool permit today (its winter) but aren't going to start until spring, that sits in my inbox forever. I wish I could hide it for say 2 months and have it pop up again in my inbox in the spring.

Michael G.
Inspector of Buildings

"Town of Wellesley"

Kommentare: The overall experience has been positive but there are improvements that Viewpoint should make to improve the system.

Vorteile: The program is very intuitive . It is easy to customize to how you want it to operate.

Nachteile: The program needs cancelled/void, expired choices for permits.
The program needs to allow multiple people on a permit. The Building Code allows licensed designee's. Viewpoint should do the same.
The reporting function needs to be improved. Hard to search all parameters that can arise from the Public and internally.

Michael D.
Zoning Agent
  • Bewertet am 20.12.2019

"Good product, missing a few key features to make it great"

Vorteile: The ability to build project templates to the public facing site

Nachteile: Form fields that you can capture with reports, the ability to add custom fields to reports so that you can more easily see where permits are in the workflow. Other programs have this feature and it makes keeping track of the permit status very easy, especially for staff that aren't involved in the approval process. The reporting process is also still a bit complicated. The old system was much more user friendly when it came to printing reports that we needed to sent to finance offices and the State. Based on the fact that the users that generate these reports are not typically "permit reviewers" these reports should really be set up as a click and go.

David T.
Building Official
Staatsverwaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 24.12.2019

"Could be better"

Kommentare: I work for Richmond as well and approve all permits

Vorteile: For all easy permits like re-roof hot water heater replacement and so on, all that need little to no review

Nachteile: So many things that could make this system so much better and easier I would love to sit down and go over ideas but after many years since this system was just being proposed I have tried to make contact with viewpoint to no avail
Seems like no one wants to improve the site

• Bewertet am 24.12.2019
Russell H.
Zoning Official

"Viewpoint Cloud review"

Kommentare: Easier for clients to apply for permits but more office time to process permits.

Vorteile: Cloud based accessible on many devices.

Nachteile: Problematic with property searches and not very compatible with tax database.

Lucas M.
Principal Planner
Architektur & Planung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 23.12.2019

"Review from City Planner"

Kommentare: Overall experience is good. Keeps the building permit approval process moving.

Vorteile: Easy to use with relatively user friendly interface.

Nachteile: Mapping functions are often off. Would be better if it was integrated into our GIS. It would also be nice to add pictures and plans directly to our comments. It would also be nice to label attachments and plans separately with the ability to preview documents. I am often having to download 10 plans before I get the one I need from the bulk attachments.

Kc K.
Town Clerk
  • Bewertet am 7.1.2020

"Dog licensing for Town Govt"

Kommentare: Allowed the community to register their dog themselves. And pay via credit card. The problem is that we have had some issues that came out of the blue. We were supposed to start a renewal campaign on 1/1/2020. The system, on it's own, switched the date to 1/2 (on 1/1) and then on 1/2, switched the date again to 1/3. All by itself. Recently, we've had more glitches in the system. Printing formatting changes (from no where). Reporting issues, etc... Not sure what changed.

Vorteile: It takes credit cards and is available for community to use online

Nachteile: Many glitches in the system. Because it was built for building permits, requires various work-arounds to make it work for dog licensing. Work-arounds are not technical solutions. For example, when a dog dies, needs to do several steps to stop the record. Also, there needs to more levels of rights for users. Currently, the administrator has to do alot of the work. Need a mid-level rights for users with a little more authority.

• Bewertet am 7.1.2020
Michael F.
Dispatcher
Öffentliche Sicherheit, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

"Viewpoint works well"

Kommentare: Viewpoint is used city wide and has made our permitting process for city wide permitting and tracking so much easier. End of year tallies are a breeze.

Vorteile: This product has made our permitting process easier.

Nachteile: A lot of our contractors and customers don't like using viewpoint but if they want a permit they get used to it.

David W.
Electrical Inspector
  • Bewertet am 19.12.2019

"The funcitionallity of this software"

Vorteile: Very comprehensive, includes lots of information

Nachteile: Ever time there is an upgrade or even a change in the look, there seems to be a lack of testing before the release. The glitches seem to take days or even weeks to repair. Which is frustrating.

Dorinda G.
IT Director
  • Bewertet am 3.1.2020

"ViewPoint struggles to suceed due to the company itself"

Kommentare: ViewPoint Cloud has streamlined the permitting process and helped us get to a near paperless process. This has been accomplished with a lot of work on our side and little to no support from ViewPoint. ViewPoint chronically overpromises and underdelivers.
The ViewPoint Cloud product is o.k. and has great potential. The company has a lot to be desired. ViewPoint has recently been purchased, we have hopes that they can turn the management of the product around.

Vorteile: Once it is set up and works, it works well.

Nachteile: The company support is not there and it is difficult it get an accurate answer out of the company. They constantly promised that the "product could do that" or "ViewPoint would set that up for us", but after we committed to it we found that we did not get what was promised. Luckily we have most of the promises in writing, but that only helps so much if a product does not have that capability.
The company will also do very little to set the system up for you. You must do nearly all the set-up and configuration yourself. Be ready to commit significant time to this to make it successful.

• Bewertet am 3.1.2020
Nathan M.
Code enforcement Officer
  • Bewertet am 20.12.2019

"Not the right tool for my job."

Kommentare: I have worked with Viewpoint across the last two years. Initially first hand and then along with City staff. The obstacles I encountered were also encountered by the City staff who were charged with configuring the program to perform task that I mentioned earlier. A large portion of the work which could have been completed when transitioning from Accela to Viewpoint was not possible as the program did not appear to have import/export capability outside of having Viewpoint staff perform this task at an additional cost.

Vorteile: It seems to do a decent job for permit tracking.

Nachteile: It is not structured to manage Code Enforcement cases without significant customization by Viewpoint staff. This program does not seem to work along the lines of a true CRM. That being the case it does not perform simple task such a lineal record perpetuation. This is important to have as an in-house adjustable feature that our City staff can easily customize without substantial outside support. For instance, the making of reports which populate letters and set dates for follow ups in a calendar/email format.

Nicole H.
Fire Clerk
Öffentliche Sicherheit, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

"Review about ViewPointCloud"

Kommentare: Its ok, but needs changes as described above.

Vorteile: What I like the most is that its paperless. Contractors and home owners have no excuse for not pulling a permit.

Nachteile: The features are not set up for a permit to be filled out properly. Not enough options and unnecessary ones as well.

Lynn S.
Director of Public Works

"Unhappy in Connecticut"

Kommentare: Unfortunately we went from very happy to very unhappy with the latest upgrade. We need someone from ViewPermit Cloud to come to North Haven and work with us - for just a few days - until we can resolve the issues we need.

Vorteile: The original software our staff liked very much as the features were all customized and helpful and the support was in person and helpful.

Nachteile: The 'upgrade' hasn't allowed North Haven to access the originally designed features and because it cannot secure in person visits form the software company, we cannot resolve our issues. We would love for someone from ViewPoint Cloud to come and spend a week with us like they did when the software first came out but no one wants to come and spend time with members of our users group.

Amy H.
Administrative Assistant
  • Bewertet am 19.12.2019

"Positive Experience, Reporting needs flexibility"

Kommentare: My overall experience has been positive. The user interface is simple and easy to understand. My main complaint is the lack of flexibility in the reporting feature.

Vorteile: The ability to "tag" other employees on a permit and to customize each record type is great.

Nachteile: The weakest part of this software is the reporting. The pre-defined categories are limiting and it would be more useful if each field of a record type was a reportable field.