An elegant cross-platform project manager that works wonderfully for individuals and small teams.

Bewertet am 19.1.2018
Richard S.
Software Engineer
201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've used Todoist for over 4 years, and it helps me manage both my work and personal projects. I use it for everything from grocery lists to large software development projects, and it works great no matter how big the project gets.
The flexibility has made a huge difference. Over the years I've changed the way I work, and instead of having to go search for a new app, I can just change the labels and filters that I use to create a completely different workflow.
I love that I can access my tasks and projects on my computer, phone, tablet, and even directly within Gmail. This makes it a great place to capture things that I want to do later. It's helped me stay on top of things and succeed in school, work, and at home.

Vorteile: I enjoy the incredible language recognition that makes it easy to capture tasks, set due dates, priorities, organize tasks by project, and apply custom labels to tasks. It's very simple and easy to use, which is uncommon among professional project management apps.
It is easy to break projects into sub-projects, and use sub-tasks to help break big tasks into manageable pieces. This makes it a perfect fit for small businesses or teams.
It also has great collaboration features, such as sharing tasks with others, assigning tasks and sub-tasks to individuals, and attaching files and comments to tasks or projects.
Todoist has an app for every operating system, including browsers, phones, desktops, the web, and even smart watches. I personally love the Chrome browser extension and Gmail integration.
I love the custom filters, they are incredibly powerful and allow you to build your own workflows. I use filters and labels to organize my tasks by location, by priority, by the amount of time each task will take, and by due date.
Todoist integrates with many other products such as Google Calendar, DropBox, Google Drive, Slack, Google Assistant, and dozens more. Todoist works hard to be everywhere and integrate with everything, making it a really powerful tool.

Nachteile: Todoist only lets you view your tasks in list form. Most project planning tools give you a calendar view, a Kanban board view, or some other types of visualizations.
You also can't set due dates on projects themselves, and don't have a way to mark a project as completed. You can compensate for this by using sub-tasks instead, but it can get annoying at times.
The UI is very simple, and doesn't give you much control over themes. You can change the color of the title bar, but that's about it.

The perfect tool for keeping your to-do list organized

Bewertet am 3.12.2019
Kristen G.
Web Designer
Design, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I use ToDoist to keep track of tasks sent to me by clients. I don't use it for project management, extensive notes, or workflow so much as a simple to-do list of projects that need to be completed. Sometimes you don't need to write a lot of details - you just need to be sure you do the task and todoist is the best software I have found for that. Love it!

Vorteile: I love how it's a no frills to-do list I can access on my computer and phone. I love being able to set up different projects, due dates, and sub tasks. It also helps me with my EOM invoicing so I know what I did for each client.

Nachteile: I wish I could get more features for free. The comment feature and ability to set reminders look great. Although, Todoist does send me an email every day letting me know what's on my list, so that is very helpful even without reminders.

The to-do app I've actually stuck with for a long time

Bewertet am 31.12.2019
Steve M.
Director of Digital Marketing
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It's superb for always being ready to go. I really love the Android widget that always sits on my home screen right next to my calendar and weather. It shows my task list for the day and I have no excuse for not knowing what needs doing.

Vorteile: I have used Todoist for almost 3 years now and it's the one to-do product that I seem to be able to stick with. I went through a variety of to-do-list managers before this, but somehow because of the wide range of platforms that it supports, including a browser extension, a native Windows app, mobile apps, and a native Mac app, Todoist meets my needs really well. So I guess the feature I like the most is it's ubiquity and speed--it's always close at hand. It can even be the default to-do manager on an Alexa device, which is really nice because you don't have to say "open Todoist" or something like that.

Nachteile: The free version is really limited. I had the paid version for quite a while and then switched back, but miss a few of the paid features. Even simple things like seeing completed to-dos aren't available unless you pay, so consider the free tier to be VERY limited.

Easy To Use, Not So Easy To Organice

Bewertet am 10.9.2019
Laura P.
Production Coordinator
Medienproduktion, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The founder of the company really likes it to keep track of what everyone is doing so I've been using it for the last 5 months (since I started in this company).
But anyway, I actually keep using the Notes App on Mac which is really similar to Todoist but I can keep my tasks private - which is something I wish I could do on Todoist, not sure if there is a way already but it's not very clear who can see what.

Vorteile: Me and my team really like how easy to use it is.
It helps keeping track of what needs o be done and lets other people know what's been completed.
It doesn't over complicate things and it's really good that you can have it on your phone and get updates on notifications.

Nachteile: I get that keeping it simple must be the main idea behind this app. However, I'd appreciate if some hierarchy could be applied when organising the tasks.
The way to organise projects on the left part could be, for example, group into folders so once a project is finished you could, for example, move it to an archive folder.
All the Karma points system and the notifications is a bit confusing or just not clear enough. Is it just to cheer you up when you've completed many tasks or has it got any actual purpose? But the most important: I wish tasks wouldn’t disappear from my inbox right when I complete them.
I wish I could still see them (maybe in a lighter grey colour) so I see what I've completed and then I could manually move them into a project folder when I don't want to see them anymore.
Also, I'd appreciate if some type of colour coding could be applied in some way.

Good Tool for List Makers

Bewertet am 7.12.2019
Angela V.
Campus Lead and Data Specialist
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: When our school switched from Outlook to Gmail I was extremely frustrated with the options available for tracking my to-do list and projects. I researched and tried several different options but did not find anything that met my needs as well as Todoist. My position requires I wear a number of different hats and have a number of diverse, unrelated projects in progress at the same time. I needed something to help me track the associated tasks and was looking for an electronic solution rather than going back to a paper day planner.

Vorteile: I can create projects for each of the different roles I play at work and at home. Each individual task can be assigned to the appropriate project. Tasks can be assigned due dates and I can view my tasks for the day or get a broader view of the next seven days. By moving up to the Premium version I also gained the ability to add comments, subgroups, and activities. Each task can be assigned a priority to help identify the tasks that are most critical. Todoist was easy to learn. I also liked being able to have a list of tasks for the day sent to my email each morning.

Nachteile: Comments were not available in the free version. The subgroups option was not available when I first started using it.

Good potential but basic functions missing unless you pay

Bewertet am 5.12.2019
Ari B.
Staffing and Recruiting
Öffentlichkeitsarbeit und Kommunikation, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I am often looking at different options for project management and day-to-day task tracking for myself and my clients. I try to test out new products without getting caught up in shiny object syndrome and subscribing to things that may or may not work without thoroughly testing them.

Vorteile: This could be a good task-tracking app for people who need help organizing their to-do lists by projects and sub-projects. The Karma feature that gamifies getting stuff done might appeal to people who might appreciate the feedback and tracking of productivity. It seemed as though there are a lot of other great features to help you stay on top of your busy life, assuming you think it's worth paying for it. Syncing between the web and phone apps was seamless and quick, and the ability to easily drag tasks around in one place and see them quickly update in the other is impressive. I have a client who has the full-on paid Business level of ToDoist and they often sing its praises, so if you're willing to purchase the Premium or Business version, this probably will help you stay on top of things in your personal and business life in a way that should help reduce your stress level.

Nachteile: The free version gives you a taste of what the fully-featured software is capable of, but it is frustrating to keep getting blocked from doing some of the most basic things until you pay for the Premium level. Often, when you create a task, you may find it helpful to include a quick comment or URL regarding what needs to be done. Unfortunately, even short comments aren't allowed until you pay money. Also, labels can be a great way to filter a busy to-do list in a way that helps you maintain order during a busy day. But that also can't even be tried until you pay. I understand that companies can't be expected to give things away for free, but perhaps they need to move to a free trial period for the Premium product so that people can truly test out the program for at least a week before having to pay for basic functionality that is included in other productivity apps.

Simple (but powerful) task management software

Bewertet am 26.9.2019
Néstor M.
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: My experiencie with Todoist has been great so far. As I said before, I´m not a big fan of this kind of software. I´ve tried quite a few other options in the market. But Todoist at the end of the day, Todoist is the only one that really filled all my needs.

Vorteile: The thing I liked the most is that Todoist is really easy to use. I´m not a big fan of task management software... but Todoist offers a perfect balance between ease of use and functionality. Todoist is a very intuitive software unlike others I´ve tried... It only will take you 5 minutes to personalize it to your preferences, and you´ll be good to go.

Nachteile: There´s nothing really bad to say about Todoist, frankly. The thing I like the least is that you can´t install Todoist´s Android App on older smartphones. That might be an issue for some people.

Best To Do List App

Bewertet am 27.9.2019
Kyle P.
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager

Kommentare: I haven't used an app that is able to more easily capture action items. The smart labeling/scheduling when using the "quick add" functionality is magical.

Vorteile: Todoist's best strength is that it is up to the user how deep you want to get with its features. On its face, Todoist is exceedingly simple to use. However, if you dig and research a little, you'll find virtually any feature you want related to a to-do list is there.

Nachteile: Currently, I don't love the integration with Google Assistant or Siri Shortcuts, but I do need to spend more time setting it up. Would also love the iOS app to sync with the system dark mode settings.

Multi-platform on working list and the manager of task

Bewertet am 30.12.2019
Chamath N.
Chief Technology Officer

Kommentare: We mostly use Todoist to manage daily routines and track client's work. The comment feature and the reminder set features are super amazing. You even receive emails from Todoist, so no reminders necessary.

Vorteile: Many people use Todoist to manage their daily tasks and routine. Some say it is the ultra extraordinary tool to maintain the to-do the list of your's and organize it daily. We use the Todoist to have the trackings of work send to us by our customers including all the extensive notes and the workflow. This is making it very easy and straightforward - to - do the listing of projects, the projects that need completion. Maybe, you get to write a dozen details. You need to make sure that you finish everything in your Todoist to-do the list. So, here Todoist is the best software of all time. Todoist, it has become the most favorite platform for many people. It is a no-frills to-do the list. There are different accesses to your computer and your mobile phone when you are using this. People even love to set up multiple projects, including dates and special subtasks. It also helps in invoicing the EOC of you, so you know what the services given to each client were.

Nachteile: Limited free tools, most of the tools are not available for free. They have mobile apps but they don't have a Windows 10 native app It would be great if they can release a native Windows 10 App.

Feature Rich + Incredibly Simple = Happily Meets Expectations

Bewertet am 20.10.2019
Jason R.
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This is essential. It's hard to get a better deal for professional task management. It easily meets expectations.

Vorteile: Todoist is exactly what the average user expects it to be. With no training, it just works. From tags, to projects, to nesting tasks. Simple and straight forward. I love how it syncs perfectly across devices and operating systems.

Nachteile: I tend to love software that is more unique. There is a lack of creativity in this software. No time-tracking or micro-scheduling. I wish I could tell it that I have 30 minutes of free time. What tasks from my list should I do right now?

Todoist: Where My Professional and Personal Lives Meet

Bewertet am 6.1.2020
Shanna T.
Social Media Specialist
Marketing & Werbung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Todoist is reliable, simple and collaborative. It's less glitchy than other options, and has streamlined my life so now I can spend more time knocking out my tasks and less time prioritizing work and personal tasks through multiple different systems.

Vorteile: The Projects Feature is the absolute best part of Todoist! I was working between a few different programs (Outlook, Google Tasks, Google Notes, Smartsheet and Evernote), and needed one central place to keep notes and to-do lists for my personal and professional life. The collaboration tools allow me and my coworkers to share notes and to-do lists on joint projects, and me and and my husband to share home renovation punch lists and store to-buy lists, all in one central place. My life feels so much more streamlined since making the switch!

Nachteile: Since I've worked with so many different programs, I do miss certain functionalities of other programs: the Gantt-style like Smartsheet offers, the ability to sync with my email as seamlessly as Google and Outlook, and task contingency so that not all "to-dos" are shown at once, but overall I landed on Todoist due to it's simple interface and introducing any of the those features would take away from that. The one thing I would change for new users is that it's simple, but not intuitive to schedule recurring tasks. I had to Google the answer, and while it's easy (simple typing "every Monday" after the task does the trick) it seems like putting an icon would have been a no-brainer.

Good value for your money

Bewertet am 5.12.2019
Software Engineer

Kommentare: I mostly use Todoist to manage my daily routines. But there are still rooms for improvement for teamwork.

Vorteile: Keyboard Shortcut is one of the best feature of Todoist. Having the ability to set all information such as time, project, label, etc task without leaving your keyboard is very useful when I plan the tasks for the next day.S

Nachteile: Sometimes I want to add notes for a task, currently, I have to create the tasks first, then click on each tasks and add the notes, this is a bit cumbersome. Having ability/keyboard shortcut to add notes during task creation would be really helpful.

How would I live without it?

Bewertet am 5.10.2019
Billing Specialist
Finanzdienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, I wouldn't change anything about the layout of Todoist. I could not stay organized or finish a good portion of my job without Todoist. It's relatively simplistic, but I love that about it, and I appreciate the intuitiveness of the tool in general.

Vorteile: Todoist is very easy to use. I like that I can create a task and add as many notes to it as I need. When I don't have the time or brain power to finish a project at the end of the day, I create a task in Todoist so I can pick up where I left off the next day. It's easy to move the due date on any task if anything changes. The most significant way I use Todoist is to fill in the gaps on any work processes that are not fully automated. I set tasks out in the future all the time to make sure the final step is compete. Without Todoist I would be at a loss!

Nachteile: The only thing I don't like about Todoist is it doesn't always log my completed tasks immediately. When I mark a task as completed, it should disappear from my list right away, but sometimes it doesn't update until I have refreshed the page. I'm guessing this is an issue that will be solved by the Todoist team soon.

What Did I Do Before Todoist?

Bewertet am 21.8.2019
E-Learning, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've definitely seen myself become more productive with the integration of Todoist in my life. I've gotten in a good habit of writing tasks down in Todoist as they come so I'm not forgetting anything. I love that you can just easily have the list in front of you at all times to constantly remember what you have to do. The biggest thing has been the reoccurring tasks - I've been able to keep up with some tasks that can be menial and sometimes slip to the back burner on busy days. I love tracking my progress and really seeing how much I have improved with Todoist.

Vorteile: What I love about Todoist is how easy it is to organize all my to-dos and tasks for a day and where they fall on my list of priorities. I love being able to quickly jot things down as I'm running from meeting to meeting and integrate it into my Outlook so I get reminders if something slips. Having the option to make something occur weekly has also helped me remember things that sometimes I can let fall in the back of my mind. I've been able to track my progress on how well I've been doing and seeing the number of recurring tasks that I have kept after is so rewarding. As a visual person, I love the color coding to help with prioritizing. It also helps when you have multiple teams in Todoist, so you can assign them the tasks and they know which level of priority the tasks are. Overall, Todoist has changed the game in how I organize and get things done.

Nachteile: Sometimes I do experiences glitches with the Outlook plug in and the tasks don't always integrate with my calendar to update me. I also can get too many updates for my recurring tasks sometimes as well, which doesn't happen too often, but is still something that can throw me off through the weeks. Sometimes the templates available aren't always the most efficient for that area of work (i.e. the content calendar one is a little too simple and doesn't always organize the content super clearly). There aren't that many cons to Todoist in my opinion!

Intuitive product, quick to implement

Bewertet am 1.8.2019
Scott B.
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I'm a proud premium member because the software does its job and doesn't get in my way. I use it for both my work and personal tasks, but separating the two out is really simple to do.

Vorteile: I've tried dozens of systems for my day-to-day tasks, and finally landed on Todoist a couple years ago. The natural language processing for entering in tasks makes it easy to type something in using the iOS app and pick up where I left off later on my Mac. Typing in a date automatically adds the date information, which means I can just type "add photo to new blog post tomorrow" and have the task on tomorrow's list without having to fiddle in menus. As they say, it just works.

Nachteile: Things that "just work" tend to have their little nuances that mean sometimes it doesn't just work. Todoist is constantly pushing out updates behind the scenes through their server back-end, which means you're always on the latest version of the software even if you don't update the client software. Sometimes that means they move too fast and break things. There have been multiple occasions where the software suddenly doesn't work as expected and I have to wait a couple hours for them to push out a fix. Perhaps their testing procedures will meet enterprise expectations eventually, but this is normal for cloud services these days...

A Fully Featured Task Management Solution for Individual and Organizations

Bewertet am 22.7.2019
Software Developer
Finanzdienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My overall experience with Todoist is very satisfactory and will recommend Todoist to most of the people. The UI is fantastic, feature set is almost complete, integrations and API are nicely done and pricing is very effective. If they can add some additional features like custom day start and end time and also durations for tasks, it will be a 5 star rated task management solution.

Vorteile: The things I liked the most about Todoist is its feature set. It has got nearly all the features you can ask from a task management service. Also, integrations is a strong point of Todoist. It has a two way Google Calendar sync, also integrates well with Zapier and IFTTT. The API provided by Todoist is very powerful and lets a user/developer automate stuff to a deeper extent.

Nachteile: The thing I liked the least about Todoist is lack of duration of tasks. There is no way to set a start and end time to the task which can lead to various miscalculations. Also, there is no option to set custom day start and end time, which can be problematic for some people.

Changed how I work & live

Bewertet am 14.5.2019
Rob C.
Marketing Copywriter

Kommentare: I use Todoist to manage just about everything I do, in the office and out. I've found it is particularly useful for breaking up lengthy task lists into day-to-day chunks of activity, as well as for creating plans for long-term work that needs to be picked at over time. With Todoist, I find myself much less likely to forget tasks that need doing, and to approach my work in an organized, methodical fashion.

Vorteile: No exaggeration, adopting Todoist as the app for tracking projects, chores, and other to-dos had a profound benefit to my productivity. The interface is fantastic, and integrations with IFTTT, Google Calendar, and heaps of other software makes it easy to automate the addition of tasks to your list or schedule. The reminders, though, are what really changed the game for me. Being able to schedule reminders not only for particular dates and times, but for when you enter particular areas is an incredible benefit. For instance, it makes it easier remember to pick something up when you're physically at the store, or to check on the status of a project as soon as you arrive at work. Finally, the karma and productivity streak systems, for those who like a little gamification, are nice tools for motivating yourself to stay on top of things. Many of these features require or work best with a Premium subscription, which I endorse purchasing, but Todoist is also a great app as a free service. Try it out; you won't be disappointed.

Nachteile: The biggest issue I have with Todoist is that while the web and mobile applications are top-notch, the Windows 10 native app is missing features, particularly in regards to notifications. Sync is also inconsistent with that app. It's easy enough to get by without touching the native app, but I would love to see it fixed.

Streamlined Planning on All Devices

Bewertet am 19.4.2019
Home Inspector
Immobilien, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I used Todoist a few years back and loved it. I then switched to a different platform for one reason or another, but ended up coming back to Todoist for its ease of use and ability to have recurring tasks. I use it for my personal tasks as well as for my business tasks.

Vorteile: I use Todoist for both my personal task manager as well as my business task manager. I'm a work-from-home mom with a growing business and I like that I can seamlessly use this for ANY task I need to complete. I am able to put household chores, personal projects and work projects all in one. It allows me to organize and categorize all of my to-dos I add. I love that I can have this on my desktop, tablet and phone and they seamlessly update constantly. It helps me know what needs to be done wherever I am. The other thing that I absolutely LOVE and saves me tons of time is that I can make some tasks recurring. I am able to add weekly, daily or monthly tasks to my to-do list. This has helped me so I never forget a task or skip doing things that come up just once in a while. When life gets really busy, and unexpected things come up I can easily change my tasks to a different due date. This makes a world of difference in actually getting my tasks done. Instead of having a to-do list a mile long, I can re-prioritize what I have left and add it to different days as needed.

Nachteile: My only complaint is that I'm not able to see what I've checked off in the free version. Sometimes a task will get accidentally bumped and marked as done on my phone, and I have no way of going back to retrieve what it was without paying. The other thing I wish there was in this software was a way to add these items to my calendar. I use Google Calendars, and it would be really nice to be able to take a task and place it on my calendar schedule as well to keep my life super organized.

A Highly Capable Task Management System

Bewertet am 21.12.2018
Snowsports School Director
Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This software has been highly effective at helping me track not only personal tasks but organize business projects amongst a team that operates in a non-traditional office environment. By utilizing Todoist, we have ensured more effective tracking and increased our completion rate of tasks. It also allows for an easier sharing of information, allowing everyone to be informed.

Vorteile: Todoist is an excellent task management system that works well for both personal and business use. It offers the ability to easily organize projects and sub-projects as well as breaking tasks into smaller steps under one heading. It does take a traditional list format, as opposed to the visual card layout of Trello, but many people may find that they prefer this style. The following features are ones that I have found to be extremely valuable in my roughly two years of using this software:
--Comments - the ability to make multiple comments on a task and even attach files has been great for both my personal and professional project management workflow.
--Assigning tasks - being able to assign tasks to specific team members is great for managing complex projects and tracking accountability.
--Integrations - integrations with popular services such as Outlook, Spark, Slack, Siri, Alexa, etc. make it easy and convenient to add tasks from anywhere. The ability to easily add an email is especially helpful.
--Labels - the ability to label tasks and projects and then filter based on those labels is extremely helpful.
--Natural language input - the ability to quickly and easily add a date, reminder, file in a project, or assign a person during the initial creation step makes it much easier to create detailed tasks.
Overall, I've found this software to be useful and would highly recommend both the free and premium versions.

Nachteile: Sometimes, depending on the OS, the interface can be funky. For example, I find the interface for iOS/mobile to be slightly harder to use when it comes to easily rearranging projects/tasks or making comments quickly. I'd also like to see better visual organization in the form of custom icons for tasks. Though the ability to change colors exists, this often isn't enough during complex use. It would also be highly useful to assign tasks to multiple people or groups, instead of one particular person.

As both a business owner + someone with a busy personal life, Todoist helps keep me on track!

Bewertet am 10.5.2018
Joshua K.
Verbraucherdienste, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: ToDoist has allowed me to keep track of my endless list of to-dos across both my business and personal life.

Vorteile: I've used several "To-Do" list apps in the past, but none of them have ever stuck, until ToDoist. What started as a way for me to keep track of work tasks quickly became my go-to app for keeping me honest with my never-ending list of to-dos both in business and personal life. The ability to create multiple to-do lists and share them with multiple (and unique) people sets us up for success and accountability. I also love being able to assign a task to somebody on the shared list and provide a due date for each individual task. I've also connected ToDoist to my Amazon Echo Dot, so I can ask support team to add items to my shopping list or tasks to my to-do list. When a task is completed and checked off by someone other than me, I love that I get a mobile push notification confirming that fact, in real time. Finally, having the app on my phone along with on my iMac makes for seamless use regardless of where I'm currently working. Overall, I've been very satisfied with ToDoist!

Nachteile: There are some quirks to the program, but nothing that turns me off from using it. For example, each list is considered a "Project" and each project can have sub-categories. When adding a new task to a project, you are not given the option of a sub-category. Therefore, the task defaults to the bottom of the list. You then have to scroll to the bottom and drag/drop the task under the sub-category you want it to be in. I sometimes accidentally drop it in a fashion that it creates a sub-sub-category and then I have to manually change everything in that sub-category back over. I also have not found value to the Productivity Score I am given on a daily basis, along with a lifetime score. I appreciate the psychological benefit of game-ifying your to-do list, but it's just not something I find necessary.

Your personal assistant everyday, everywhere || Best portable task manager

Bewertet am 9.5.2018
Yaroslav K.
Information Technology Major
Hochschulbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: *Flexibility
You can use browser, android, ios, windows, mac device, apple watch, android wear or even use a gmail or outlook.
Todoist is right there for you.
*UI
It has the most welcoming UI of all todo managers. Of course, tastes are different. But I believe, no-one would disagree that Todoist is well made and developed with Love.
*Scalability and features No being a full scale CRM does not stop Todoist from having everything you might want to have for your everyday simple lists, reminders and tasks. Todoist offers such features as a great approach to structure of tasks, flawless work on the prioritizing tasks and creating simple lists. *Integrations and little things
Todoist offers a broad range of features out of the box, such as projects, links as tasks, scheduling and calendar integration.
You always forget to pick up or buy something. Or want to prepare for the day by creating a simple todo - this app is for YOU.

Nachteile: 1. More integrations needed. First of all calendars - at the moment the work there is mostly messy and is not optimized. It would be nice to have it in a compact and comfortable tab (calendar tab) and also add calendars on the go and display tasks or meeting in todoist. That would be a huge leap ahead. 2. Pricing of Todoist is not smart, to my humble opinion. First of all, they don't offer monthly payments, why not? Yes, I agree it's cheaper to pay for a year. But what if I am not sure. There are many todo apps and the pricing might be the only thing that would stop people from using todoist constantly, students for example. Would it not be nice to have more flexibility and options there.

An easy to use, versatile, productivity and organization multi-platform app.

Bewertet am 11.4.2018
Zoran L.
Multimedia Freelancer

Kommentare: Todoist is great for scheduling and deadlines and is an excellent collaboration tool. It is available on many platforms both online and offline, easily syncs and has an offline functionality. As a productivity tool, Todoist is great for teams allowing 50 people per project. It features the centralized team billing, management log-in tracking and priority support at an affordable price. It takes some thought and time to customize and use the product. The free version is restrictive, but the paid version offers a 30-day trial that uses a credit card information and is easy to cancel. Also, it is relatively affordable with a monthly plan. I highly recommend Todoist for freelancers, small, medium, and even large businesses.

Vorteile: Real-time Data Synchronization among the different platforms.
30-day trial and easy to cancel.
The end of trial email reminder.
Many ways to measure and visualize progress.
Variety of platforms, apps, and plugins supported as follows: Web, Win, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android, Android watch, Apple watch, extensions for Chrome, Safari, and Firefox.
Email plugins for the Outlook and Gmail.
It integrates with hundreds of applications such as Google Drive, Dropbox, IFTTT, and Pomodoro.
Great social media presence.
An excellent support blog and support help guide center.
Todoist Sync and REST API for creating custom tasks and custom integration sync.
Customizable shortcuts are available everywhere, regardless of the plan.
Shared project settings.
Quick add task feature.
Project, label, reminders priority and a quick comment.
Productivity meter.
It has many options available for editing tasks.
Available in 17 languages.
Available in 10 multi-color themes.
Daily and weekly goals.
Motivational features.
Backup downloads.
Automatic downloads.
Google Calendar 2-way sync integration.
An email notification controls.
Centralized team billing.
It adds projects, labels, and filters to the favorites.
It adds and removes users easily.
The Todoist for Web changelog contains details for the web, plugin, and desktop versions of Todoist.

Nachteile: Not a straightforward way to sign up with an existing account on an Android app.
The trial requires a credit card info although it is easy to cancel.
An Android app does not move to the SD card.
Free version for Android lacks reminders/alerts.
It limits the list to 200 active projects and tasks per project in the premium version. It should be unlimited.
2048 characters per task name and 255 characters per project name It should be more than that.
The interface takes some time to master and lacks consistency.
The calendar feature is missing.
Personal and business lists are not plainly separated.

Easy to use and great feature to integrate emails in your to-do list

Bewertet am 19.6.2019
manager
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: It integrates in your Google Chrome browser and also as a standalone app on your phone or computer. Best feature is that you can make an email in your Gmail a task into Todoist. And when on your computer, if you click on that task linked to the email, the email in Gmail will open up in full. It saves you a lot of searching time.

Nachteile: I wish they worked more on their reminder feature. I have been using the paid version so I could have the reminders ring on my phone. For some reason, I found that these reminders would disappear very easily from my phone without me even touching it and therefore I would end up missing items to do. Despite contacting tech support, I was not able to find a way to reminders work well for me, but this may be on me. Or maybe there are the tech support explanation was not good enough or maybe their reminders features are not strong enough. What I've been looking for is a nagging reminder that only disappears once you act upon it. I could not find how to do this - yet?

There are a lot of to do list and organization apps out there. Todoist is one of the best!

Bewertet am 5.6.2019
Jason L.
Technical Lead
Eventservice, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Todoist Premium is a daily driver for me. I use to set and receive automated reminders for tasks, events, and more. I hate paying for the premium cost but in the end I can justify it because I literally use it everyday. I even use it with Google Home around the house to save things to grocery lists and add things I need to get done.

Vorteile: What I like most about Todoist is that it's integrated everywhere. Mac, Windows, Android, IOS, Wear OS, Google Home, Alexa... the list goes on and on. With automated features, smart dates, free and premium versions, projects, and other organizational tools you get many ways to stay on top of things.

Nachteile: - Free version vs Premium version differences for power users vary (for example you don't get geo location reminders w/ free version)
- If you have tons of projects and lists, things can start looking a bit wild

Good Basic Program, but Better w/ Premium

Bewertet am 20.8.2019
Andrew K.
Chief Operating Officer
Internet, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Todoist has been a solid task tracker for our company since we started using it more consistently. The ability to share and assign tasks has definitely improved our communication and organization. The key is to have every member of your group task list buy into the system or it becomes virtually ineffective. The paid features give this application a leg up on competitor applications such as Google Keep.

Vorteile: The Todoist application is a great way to get organized on a personal or company level. With shared task lists, you can easily communicate or assign daily tasks to other individuals in your group for effortless productivity tracking. Even using the basic, unpaid version, you can assign individual tasks to different users in your group with specific due dates so that everyone can stay on the same page without additional messaging or communication. The corresponding mobile application is free works and syncs automatically with your desktop account. The operation of mobile is very similar to the desktop version, which makes for an easy transition between devices.

Nachteile: Like many applications, you do not get a majority of the higher quality features unless you paid for an annual license. For example, you are not able to view completed tasks unless you upgrade to the paid version, which can make task completion tracking very difficult. Another problematic design characteristic of this application is that it automatically sends you notifications for all uncompleted tasks linked to your account. While this is a preferred feature for individual lists, it is the default setting for group lists as well. This means that if you do not meticulously assign each task to an individual when that task is created in a group list, you will receive all notifications for that entire list, which can get very overbearing.