Intuitive product, quick to implement

Bewertet am 1.8.2019
Scott B.
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I'm a proud premium member because the software does its job and doesn't get in my way. I use it for both my work and personal tasks, but separating the two out is really simple to do.

Vorteile: I've tried dozens of systems for my day-to-day tasks, and finally landed on Todoist a couple years ago. The natural language processing for entering in tasks makes it easy to type something in using the iOS app and pick up where I left off later on my Mac. Typing in a date automatically adds the date information, which means I can just type "add photo to new blog post tomorrow" and have the task on tomorrow's list without having to fiddle in menus. As they say, it just works.

Nachteile: Things that "just work" tend to have their little nuances that mean sometimes it doesn't just work. Todoist is constantly pushing out updates behind the scenes through their server back-end, which means you're always on the latest version of the software even if you don't update the client software. Sometimes that means they move too fast and break things. There have been multiple occasions where the software suddenly doesn't work as expected and I have to wait a couple hours for them to push out a fix. Perhaps their testing procedures will meet enterprise expectations eventually, but this is normal for cloud services these days...

A Fully Featured Task Management Solution for Individual and Organizations

Bewertet am 22.7.2019
Software Developer
Finanzdienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My overall experience with Todoist is very satisfactory and will recommend Todoist to most of the people. The UI is fantastic, feature set is almost complete, integrations and API are nicely done and pricing is very effective. If they can add some additional features like custom day start and end time and also durations for tasks, it will be a 5 star rated task management solution.

Vorteile: The things I liked the most about Todoist is its feature set. It has got nearly all the features you can ask from a task management service. Also, integrations is a strong point of Todoist. It has a two way Google Calendar sync, also integrates well with Zapier and IFTTT. The API provided by Todoist is very powerful and lets a user/developer automate stuff to a deeper extent.

Nachteile: The thing I liked the least about Todoist is lack of duration of tasks. There is no way to set a start and end time to the task which can lead to various miscalculations. Also, there is no option to set custom day start and end time, which can be problematic for some people.

Changed how I work & live

Bewertet am 14.5.2019
Rob C.
Marketing Copywriter

Kommentare: I use Todoist to manage just about everything I do, in the office and out. I've found it is particularly useful for breaking up lengthy task lists into day-to-day chunks of activity, as well as for creating plans for long-term work that needs to be picked at over time. With Todoist, I find myself much less likely to forget tasks that need doing, and to approach my work in an organized, methodical fashion.

Vorteile: No exaggeration, adopting Todoist as the app for tracking projects, chores, and other to-dos had a profound benefit to my productivity. The interface is fantastic, and integrations with IFTTT, Google Calendar, and heaps of other software makes it easy to automate the addition of tasks to your list or schedule. The reminders, though, are what really changed the game for me. Being able to schedule reminders not only for particular dates and times, but for when you enter particular areas is an incredible benefit. For instance, it makes it easier remember to pick something up when you're physically at the store, or to check on the status of a project as soon as you arrive at work. Finally, the karma and productivity streak systems, for those who like a little gamification, are nice tools for motivating yourself to stay on top of things. Many of these features require or work best with a Premium subscription, which I endorse purchasing, but Todoist is also a great app as a free service. Try it out; you won't be disappointed.

Nachteile: The biggest issue I have with Todoist is that while the web and mobile applications are top-notch, the Windows 10 native app is missing features, particularly in regards to notifications. Sync is also inconsistent with that app. It's easy enough to get by without touching the native app, but I would love to see it fixed.

Streamlined Planning on All Devices

Bewertet am 19.4.2019
Home Inspector
Immobilien, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I used Todoist a few years back and loved it. I then switched to a different platform for one reason or another, but ended up coming back to Todoist for its ease of use and ability to have recurring tasks. I use it for my personal tasks as well as for my business tasks.

Vorteile: I use Todoist for both my personal task manager as well as my business task manager. I'm a work-from-home mom with a growing business and I like that I can seamlessly use this for ANY task I need to complete. I am able to put household chores, personal projects and work projects all in one. It allows me to organize and categorize all of my to-dos I add. I love that I can have this on my desktop, tablet and phone and they seamlessly update constantly. It helps me know what needs to be done wherever I am. The other thing that I absolutely LOVE and saves me tons of time is that I can make some tasks recurring. I am able to add weekly, daily or monthly tasks to my to-do list. This has helped me so I never forget a task or skip doing things that come up just once in a while. When life gets really busy, and unexpected things come up I can easily change my tasks to a different due date. This makes a world of difference in actually getting my tasks done. Instead of having a to-do list a mile long, I can re-prioritize what I have left and add it to different days as needed.

Nachteile: My only complaint is that I'm not able to see what I've checked off in the free version. Sometimes a task will get accidentally bumped and marked as done on my phone, and I have no way of going back to retrieve what it was without paying. The other thing I wish there was in this software was a way to add these items to my calendar. I use Google Calendars, and it would be really nice to be able to take a task and place it on my calendar schedule as well to keep my life super organized.

A Highly Capable Task Management System

Bewertet am 21.12.2018
Snowsports School Director
Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This software has been highly effective at helping me track not only personal tasks but organize business projects amongst a team that operates in a non-traditional office environment. By utilizing Todoist, we have ensured more effective tracking and increased our completion rate of tasks. It also allows for an easier sharing of information, allowing everyone to be informed.

Vorteile: Todoist is an excellent task management system that works well for both personal and business use. It offers the ability to easily organize projects and sub-projects as well as breaking tasks into smaller steps under one heading. It does take a traditional list format, as opposed to the visual card layout of Trello, but many people may find that they prefer this style. The following features are ones that I have found to be extremely valuable in my roughly two years of using this software:
--Comments - the ability to make multiple comments on a task and even attach files has been great for both my personal and professional project management workflow.
--Assigning tasks - being able to assign tasks to specific team members is great for managing complex projects and tracking accountability.
--Integrations - integrations with popular services such as Outlook, Spark, Slack, Siri, Alexa, etc. make it easy and convenient to add tasks from anywhere. The ability to easily add an email is especially helpful.
--Labels - the ability to label tasks and projects and then filter based on those labels is extremely helpful.
--Natural language input - the ability to quickly and easily add a date, reminder, file in a project, or assign a person during the initial creation step makes it much easier to create detailed tasks.
Overall, I've found this software to be useful and would highly recommend both the free and premium versions.

Nachteile: Sometimes, depending on the OS, the interface can be funky. For example, I find the interface for iOS/mobile to be slightly harder to use when it comes to easily rearranging projects/tasks or making comments quickly. I'd also like to see better visual organization in the form of custom icons for tasks. Though the ability to change colors exists, this often isn't enough during complex use. It would also be highly useful to assign tasks to multiple people or groups, instead of one particular person.

As both a business owner + someone with a busy personal life, Todoist helps keep me on track!

Bewertet am 10.5.2018
Joshua K.
Verbraucherdienste, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: ToDoist has allowed me to keep track of my endless list of to-dos across both my business and personal life.

Vorteile: I've used several "To-Do" list apps in the past, but none of them have ever stuck, until ToDoist. What started as a way for me to keep track of work tasks quickly became my go-to app for keeping me honest with my never-ending list of to-dos both in business and personal life. The ability to create multiple to-do lists and share them with multiple (and unique) people sets us up for success and accountability. I also love being able to assign a task to somebody on the shared list and provide a due date for each individual task. I've also connected ToDoist to my Amazon Echo Dot, so I can ask support team to add items to my shopping list or tasks to my to-do list. When a task is completed and checked off by someone other than me, I love that I get a mobile push notification confirming that fact, in real time. Finally, having the app on my phone along with on my iMac makes for seamless use regardless of where I'm currently working. Overall, I've been very satisfied with ToDoist!

Nachteile: There are some quirks to the program, but nothing that turns me off from using it. For example, each list is considered a "Project" and each project can have sub-categories. When adding a new task to a project, you are not given the option of a sub-category. Therefore, the task defaults to the bottom of the list. You then have to scroll to the bottom and drag/drop the task under the sub-category you want it to be in. I sometimes accidentally drop it in a fashion that it creates a sub-sub-category and then I have to manually change everything in that sub-category back over. I also have not found value to the Productivity Score I am given on a daily basis, along with a lifetime score. I appreciate the psychological benefit of game-ifying your to-do list, but it's just not something I find necessary.

Your personal assistant everyday, everywhere || Best portable task manager

Bewertet am 9.5.2018
Yaroslav K.
Information Technology Major
Hochschulbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: *Flexibility
You can use browser, android, ios, windows, mac device, apple watch, android wear or even use a gmail or outlook.
Todoist is right there for you.
*UI
It has the most welcoming UI of all todo managers. Of course, tastes are different. But I believe, no-one would disagree that Todoist is well made and developed with Love.
*Scalability and features No being a full scale CRM does not stop Todoist from having everything you might want to have for your everyday simple lists, reminders and tasks. Todoist offers such features as a great approach to structure of tasks, flawless work on the prioritizing tasks and creating simple lists. *Integrations and little things
Todoist offers a broad range of features out of the box, such as projects, links as tasks, scheduling and calendar integration.
You always forget to pick up or buy something. Or want to prepare for the day by creating a simple todo - this app is for YOU.

Nachteile: 1. More integrations needed. First of all calendars - at the moment the work there is mostly messy and is not optimized. It would be nice to have it in a compact and comfortable tab (calendar tab) and also add calendars on the go and display tasks or meeting in todoist. That would be a huge leap ahead. 2. Pricing of Todoist is not smart, to my humble opinion. First of all, they don't offer monthly payments, why not? Yes, I agree it's cheaper to pay for a year. But what if I am not sure. There are many todo apps and the pricing might be the only thing that would stop people from using todoist constantly, students for example. Would it not be nice to have more flexibility and options there.

An easy to use, versatile, productivity and organization multi-platform app.

Bewertet am 11.4.2018
Zoran L.
Multimedia Freelancer

Kommentare: Todoist is great for scheduling and deadlines and is an excellent collaboration tool. It is available on many platforms both online and offline, easily syncs and has an offline functionality. As a productivity tool, Todoist is great for teams allowing 50 people per project. It features the centralized team billing, management log-in tracking and priority support at an affordable price. It takes some thought and time to customize and use the product. The free version is restrictive, but the paid version offers a 30-day trial that uses a credit card information and is easy to cancel. Also, it is relatively affordable with a monthly plan. I highly recommend Todoist for freelancers, small, medium, and even large businesses.

Vorteile: Real-time Data Synchronization among the different platforms.
30-day trial and easy to cancel.
The end of trial email reminder.
Many ways to measure and visualize progress.
Variety of platforms, apps, and plugins supported as follows: Web, Win, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android, Android watch, Apple watch, extensions for Chrome, Safari, and Firefox.
Email plugins for the Outlook and Gmail.
It integrates with hundreds of applications such as Google Drive, Dropbox, IFTTT, and Pomodoro.
Great social media presence.
An excellent support blog and support help guide center.
Todoist Sync and REST API for creating custom tasks and custom integration sync.
Customizable shortcuts are available everywhere, regardless of the plan.
Shared project settings.
Quick add task feature.
Project, label, reminders priority and a quick comment.
Productivity meter.
It has many options available for editing tasks.
Available in 17 languages.
Available in 10 multi-color themes.
Daily and weekly goals.
Motivational features.
Backup downloads.
Automatic downloads.
Google Calendar 2-way sync integration.
An email notification controls.
Centralized team billing.
It adds projects, labels, and filters to the favorites.
It adds and removes users easily.
The Todoist for Web changelog contains details for the web, plugin, and desktop versions of Todoist.

Nachteile: Not a straightforward way to sign up with an existing account on an Android app.
The trial requires a credit card info although it is easy to cancel.
An Android app does not move to the SD card.
Free version for Android lacks reminders/alerts.
It limits the list to 200 active projects and tasks per project in the premium version. It should be unlimited.
2048 characters per task name and 255 characters per project name It should be more than that.
The interface takes some time to master and lacks consistency.
The calendar feature is missing.
Personal and business lists are not plainly separated.

An elegant cross-platform project manager that works wonderfully for individuals and small teams.

Bewertet am 19.1.2018
Richard S.
Software Engineer
201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've used Todoist for over 4 years, and it helps me manage both my work and personal projects. I use it for everything from grocery lists to large software development projects, and it works great no matter how big the project gets.
The flexibility has made a huge difference. Over the years I've changed the way I work, and instead of having to go search for a new app, I can just change the labels and filters that I use to create a completely different workflow.
I love that I can access my tasks and projects on my computer, phone, tablet, and even directly within Gmail. This makes it a great place to capture things that I want to do later. It's helped me stay on top of things and succeed in school, work, and at home.

Vorteile: I enjoy the incredible language recognition that makes it easy to capture tasks, set due dates, priorities, organize tasks by project, and apply custom labels to tasks. It's very simple and easy to use, which is uncommon among professional project management apps.
It is easy to break projects into sub-projects, and use sub-tasks to help break big tasks into manageable pieces. This makes it a perfect fit for small businesses or teams.
It also has great collaboration features, such as sharing tasks with others, assigning tasks and sub-tasks to individuals, and attaching files and comments to tasks or projects.
Todoist has an app for every operating system, including browsers, phones, desktops, the web, and even smart watches. I personally love the Chrome browser extension and Gmail integration.
I love the custom filters, they are incredibly powerful and allow you to build your own workflows. I use filters and labels to organize my tasks by location, by priority, by the amount of time each task will take, and by due date.
Todoist integrates with many other products such as Google Calendar, DropBox, Google Drive, Slack, Google Assistant, and dozens more. Todoist works hard to be everywhere and integrate with everything, making it a really powerful tool.

Nachteile: Todoist only lets you view your tasks in list form. Most project planning tools give you a calendar view, a Kanban board view, or some other types of visualizations.
You also can't set due dates on projects themselves, and don't have a way to mark a project as completed. You can compensate for this by using sub-tasks instead, but it can get annoying at times.
The UI is very simple, and doesn't give you much control over themes. You can change the color of the title bar, but that's about it.

Easy to use and great feature to integrate emails in your to-do list

Bewertet am 19.6.2019
manager
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: It integrates in your Google Chrome browser and also as a standalone app on your phone or computer. Best feature is that you can make an email in your Gmail a task into Todoist. And when on your computer, if you click on that task linked to the email, the email in Gmail will open up in full. It saves you a lot of searching time.

Nachteile: I wish they worked more on their reminder feature. I have been using the paid version so I could have the reminders ring on my phone. For some reason, I found that these reminders would disappear very easily from my phone without me even touching it and therefore I would end up missing items to do. Despite contacting tech support, I was not able to find a way to reminders work well for me, but this may be on me. Or maybe there are the tech support explanation was not good enough or maybe their reminders features are not strong enough. What I've been looking for is a nagging reminder that only disappears once you act upon it. I could not find how to do this - yet?

There are a lot of to do list and organization apps out there. Todoist is one of the best!

Bewertet am 5.6.2019
Jason L.
Technical Lead
Eventservice, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Todoist Premium is a daily driver for me. I use to set and receive automated reminders for tasks, events, and more. I hate paying for the premium cost but in the end I can justify it because I literally use it everyday. I even use it with Google Home around the house to save things to grocery lists and add things I need to get done.

Vorteile: What I like most about Todoist is that it's integrated everywhere. Mac, Windows, Android, IOS, Wear OS, Google Home, Alexa... the list goes on and on. With automated features, smart dates, free and premium versions, projects, and other organizational tools you get many ways to stay on top of things.

Nachteile: - Free version vs Premium version differences for power users vary (for example you don't get geo location reminders w/ free version)
- If you have tons of projects and lists, things can start looking a bit wild

The "TO DO" List for Overachievers

Bewertet am 21.3.2018
Miguel G.
Grafikdesign, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Todoist has evolved with some features since I first used it. I wanted a "To Do" list a while back to monitor and track certain projects and ideas. Instead of a stand alone "To Do" list I wanted something that allowed me to add others and use it as a shareable and collaborative tool. Todoist was able to do just that. And I find it easy to use, setup and work with. If you have ever used a "To Do" list, this will be second nature. I have not tried the Premium or Business levels, but from what I am able to see, they are also very powerful and useful, as long as you can operate your business or projects as "To Do" lists.

Vorteile: Todoist is a simple as it gets. It is a glorified "To Do" list with features that makes life easier. What makes Todoist superior to your average "To Do" list is its ability to group, categorize, and use filters. While these feature do exist in other basic "To Do" list, they do not have the same simple and intuitive interface of Todoist. And this is just the free version. Want to create "Projects" and track them as a "To Do" list, you can do it here... with ease. There are also many settings features and options, like import/export, sorting, and more. Want more power? Upgrade to Premium and get extras like labels, commenting and much more. Todoist also has Business accounts for all out collaboration among teams where projects can be managed via a "To Do" list format.

Nachteile: There are no cons I can see other than the somewhat tricky perception that features listed on the app while using the free version are actually part of premium. When using Todoist's free version, if you click on the visible links to add a filter or label, you are presented with a pop-up that tells you it is a premium version. Sort of a cross-sell there, which I often find a bit deceitful. But please, do not get me wrong. If such features are needed, it is worth the upgrade.

The program that my life needed for order.

Bewertet am 23.4.2019
Luis ignacio C.
Diseñador gráfico

Kommentare: One of the great benefits is to be able to include all the work team in a single platform, so you can evaluate who is responsible and the dates they have for each task assigned. It is a very efficient platform to organize work and who should respond. It is the intelligent virtual assistant that helps you not to have scattered spaces within your work teams. Personally, I have managed to improve my organization and be able to meet clients without forgetting anything. Reminders and being able to share tasks, has improved the performance of the daily activities that I acquire.

Vorteile: 24 hours seems like many hours, but when you have several jobs and responsibilities in publishing content and others, your life can be quite busy, so do not leave home. With Todoist I have achieved the balance I was looking for to be able to fulfill everything. I like that I can easily separate everything I have to do in a day, for weeks or in the month. I have managed to return my social life, scheduling space to go out and share with my friends and family. You can with Todoist, build projects in your calendar, in which you can dedicate the right and precise time so that you do not lose the notion of each effort that you dedicate to it, as well as the necessary periods for review and many other things that by routine escape Another element that I like a lot, is that I can include other related people in my plans, which saves me time in sending emails or notices, Todoist does everything for me.

Nachteile: They have invested a lot of time and inventiveness to offer one of the best time-organizing platforms I've ever met. I believe that the positive aspects are greater than the negative ones, so for my part, I only appreciate their multiple options and benefits for the organization of my work.

The perfect life planner

Bewertet am 26.7.2018
Arshad Z.
Senior Accountant
Philanthropie, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: - Amazing way to sort lists - you can have projects and labels (labels only available in the paid subscription). I am looking into the GTD model by David Allen and labels are used as "contexts" - meaning that I have things to do in certain environments or contexts. I have list for things I need to do in the office, or at home, or on the computer, or at the grocery store, or at my kid's school. Once you are in a particular context, you look to your label for things you need to do at that particular place
- Projects are a great way to organize yourself, having the ability to see updates for a particular project is really convenient
- A vast list of shortcuts to improve efficiency
-Drag and drop features make it convenient to sort your lists/projects
-Date reminder - as soon as you have an item to do and input a date/time, the app understands this and generates a reminder for the task at that particular date/time, which is really cool!
-Sharing projects - if someone else has the app, you can share a project in real time
- Can access the app across devices

Nachteile: -Dates - sometimes I don't want the date to be included as a reminder but the app always translates the date as such and would be nice if I could hit the backspace on the app and it would understand that it is not something I want as a reminder
-Checklists - would be good if Todoist integrated checklists like Google Keep where you can copy and paste lists from a text message and Todoist would interpret each line as a separate list item or give you the option to paste it as separate items or one list

Stay Organized!

Bewertet am 15.5.2019
Ashley C.
Patient Services Representative
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great! I feel so accomplished when Todoist tells me I completed multiple goals in one day. You don’t realize how many tasks you complete in one day and seeing that notification that I’m doing a good job motivates me to complete more tasks and stay focused.

Vorteile: Love how you can organize your daily, weekly, monthly and even annual tasks! Set a date for any task and Todoist will remind you when to complete! Also you can assign task to other people or groups. I love how easy it is to create and assign tasks—very user friendly. My favorite part about Todoist is that you can create templates, and import/export information from a template multiple times. For example, you can create an on boarding template for a new hire that includes all the necessary steps or tasks required to make that new hire an employee. Tasks can be as simple as “copy of US Passport”. If you want to get real fancy, you can create principal tasks with sub tasks underneath it, such as, principal task: “New Patient Paperwork” then sub tasks: “Health Questionnaire” , “Medications List”, “Copy of Insurance Card and Driver’s License”, etc. Follow the videos on Todoist’s website as they will walk you through how to complete templates and principal tasks with sub tasks! They are very helpful!

Nachteile: It doesn’t work very well as a computer application software. It works better as an internet application software, or works better when you log on from the internet. I also was interested in an iPhone app for personal use and I don’t think they have one. If they do, by all means, download it for every day task organization!

My work/life balance would suffer without this

Bewertet am 12.3.2019
Kirby C.
Business Owner
Schreiben & Editieren, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I read Getting Things Done, an incredible book that helped me learn how to organize my life. Todoist helped me implement that program. I have been using the program daily for nearly five years. It's been life changing for me. Before, I felt like my life was out of control. I had so many things left undone, things I'd forget, pieces of paper laying around with lists. I spent probably 30 hours researching software before I landed on Todoist. I didn't want to spend time actually learning the software. Todoist, with a quick ten minute tutorial, allowed me to jump in and use it either simply, or with the maximum functionality. I'll never change products. Highly recommend.

Vorteile: I love how simple it is to use. I did not like other softwares because they seemed too complicated. Todoist is super simple to interact with, but has layers on layers of incredible, intuitive tools I can add if I want to. I can tag it, add a GPS functional reminder, recurring calendar updates, tag other people in it...or I can simple add a task and check it off. It's super customizable to what I need in the moment. I use it on my ipad, iphone and macbook to keep both my personal and professional life in working order.

Nachteile: There really isn't anything that I don't like. I can't think of anything. I am a super frugal business owner and I pay for premium for this—it's that important to me.

The easy way to keep your life on task

Bewertet am 30.7.2018
Robb G.
Technology Advisor
Immobilien, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Todo list has helped me get back control of my time when it comes to task scheduling and being able to not have things full thru the cracks. I am so much more efficient.

Vorteile: The hands-down best two features of this application are the chrome extension and the mobile app. It's so easy to pop open either way and start to put in what your tasks are or even better know what still needs to be done and then click the check mark to say it's done. The schedule feature could not be any easier to use to set your date and time. Just type in plain English and bam it understand it and schedules it. If you want to know what still needs to be done then just click it open and you see at a glance everything you still need to do. I love the feature to re-schedule things you can get done, it's a click of one button, and it puts them in the best time slots it thinks you will get them done. Since it is using AI, it gets better over time at knowing your time schedule tendencies.

Nachteile: Since it uses AI at first it's not that good at re-scheduling items for it just puts them on the next day. At times it does not fully understand what time and date your putting in and seems to get confused when you are on the mobile app.

Use it every day

Bewertet am 13.4.2019
Ryan S.
Assistant Professor
Hochschulbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I've bounced around between a half dozen different task management systems, but Todoist is the first one I've stuck with for more than a month or two. I've been using it now for over a year to manage all the things I work on. It's awesome because it's easy to schedule items across projects and see what I have to work on today. The integrations with other applications like Pomodone make it easy to make everything work within my workflow, and they don't try to restrict how you use your todo list. Their support is also really good, and they have a very quick release cycle. I once notified the company about an issue and a fix was released within a day. It's a solid application, and they keep making it easier to use. I love the natural language processing on your todos that automatically converts text to a due date. I can say "Work on X feature on Monday" and "on Monday" gets translated into a due date for the next week. Having an email address I can send/forward things to to add them to my todo list is great. I use it all the time to keep my Inbox empty, but make sure I'm still tracking all the todo items in my list.

Nachteile: The desktop application for Windows is pretty mediocre. I just use the website because the application feels limited somehow.

Unload your head

Bewertet am 28.5.2019
Technical Writer

Kommentare: Probably the hardest part of Todoist is taking the time to break out the tasks in your life and get them into the system so you can have it all there. Keeping up with it after that isn't so bad and gives great peace of mind knowing that you don't need to keep all this stuff at the forefront all the time.

Vorteile: Gives a cross-platform means of recording whatever it is you need to get done in any area of life. Track all the steps of major projects. Break everything down action by action. Record a quick note for yourself wherever it is you think of it. Get it out of your head and into a system you trust to reduce stress and anxiety. The free version contains enough features to be useable, but the reasonably-priced pro version does add the important feature of reminders if you're the type to need that, on top of many other enhancements that let you organize more effectively if that's the kind of life you've got.

Nachteile: The worst I could say is the features like reminders and task notes are locked behind the paid version but is that really a con? It's a good software and not littered with ads in the free version so if those are features you need, it's probably worth paying the modest cost for.

Todoist Keeps EVERYTHING Organized

Bewertet am 27.11.2018
Mitch G.
Partner

Kommentare: Todoist has given us a central place to keep track of everything we have to do. I use it as a quick daily planner, a place to store a few pieces of data that are needed often, and a way to keep up with home tasks, work projects and family responsibilities. The software is very well thought out!

Vorteile: Having tried a number of different list software apps ...this one had all the features I was looking for and a few that I hadn't even considered. Todoist works everywhere--there is a windows 10 app, a phone app, a panel for Outlook and a web version--very convenient. It does what most list apps do, but has some important features that really help: 1) You can make a series of individual named lists and items within can be hierarchical. 2) items on lists can be scheduled, tagged, labeled and highlighted. 3) Lists can be shared with other users and in that case items can be assigned. 4) List items can have notes and items attached. 5)Shared items can be set to notify list users when something changes.

Nachteile: Occasionally it is difficult to move an item to a specific depth in a hierarchy by dragging. However there are right click menu items that help solve that.

Todoist for Business and as a Project Management tool

Bewertet am 15.8.2018
Alfredo S.
Co-Founder & Managing Partner
Vermögensverwaltung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've first used Todoist as a personal task tracker, and seen it evolve into a more powerful platform. I gave it a test with my company (marketing agency and also an investment fund) and use it with my team. I am very pleased about all its easy integrations, very straightforward UX and a big complete help center with a lot of information to help you right configuration.

Vorteile: One of the things that me and my team enjoyed the most was the ease of use, that starts as a task tracker but evolves into more complex settings. Also, there is a lot of information on how to set it up according to your personal or professional needs. Only the paid versions let you modify some setups, but for its cost it's worth the investment.
Another interesting thing is that it lets you live with two profiles on the same platform, your personal one and your business one which helps ease switching accounts or apps between your personal "shopping list" and your projects

Nachteile: There are few things me and my team didn't like, and it's mostly a lack of things that some other PM tools have, such as a timeline view for project completion and advancements.

The one to do list app that I actually use

Bewertet am 22.5.2019
Customer Success
Internet, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The magic of Todoist is the natural language input. It makes it so easy to add tasks that you actually use it. I've used plenty of to-do list apps in my day but they always become a chore - at some point I'd rather just jot the task down on a sticky note or on the back of my hand. Not with Todoist, it's fast and doesn't require any thinking to get the task down in the app and out of mind - until it needs to be.

Vorteile: The natural language input is the star of the show here. You can enter something like "Check out the leads inbox every Monday morning" and it will make a repeating task just like that. It just works the way you want it to work, and it's great. This is really key because it takes the thought and effort out of setting up tasks. You enter your items in a way that makes sense to you, without having to struggle with a bunch of menu items. It sync effortlessly across all your devices and has some nice options for managing larger projects as well.

Nachteile: Not much, honestly. Their pricing model is very friendly, and the software works great. I guess the UI could be a little more attractive, but that's not what is important here. I wouldn't use it for managing a major project, it's not the best format for that. But for your day-to-day list of action items Todoist is hard to beat.

Excellent product for GTD (Getting Things Done)

Bewertet am 2.3.2019
Joshua S.
Student
Bildungsmanagement, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I am learning that not everything needs a deadline, my to do list will always be full, and that I can accomplish more than I thought.

Vorteile: This product is streamlined and integrates well with other products. The ability to organize your tasks on multiple levels is also nice. What I mean by multiple levels: you can organize in a standard list, that any task list app will do. However, you can also organize by tag. Why this is nice is that if you have multiple personal tasks (for example) across varying lists for time periods, you can instantly pull up all of your personal tasks. There is a wide combination of course of how suit this to your own needs.
Finally, the reminders are extremely helpful and make it easy to prioritize your upcoming tasks. I hardly ever forget anything now, since I instantly put it on my appropriate list and give it a due date (if appropriate).

Nachteile: I really hate to say this but I don't have any flaws to point out. I evaluated over five to-do list apps, in depth. (IQTell, Wunderlist, Google Tasks, Microsoft To Do, Asana, Evernote to name a few) This is the one I have been using now for over a year. A to do list is essential to my work so I was quite scrutiness in my evaluation.

As todo app goes, after four years of trying different apps, this is the one!

Bewertet am 6.9.2018
Steve W.
Online Communications Officer
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Todoist is the one true app that I would recommend to anyone without hesitation. Everyone needs a todo app; and this is the one. It gives me back a great deal of time in my day by the ability to add tasks in the app but especially via email from any email
platform. It’s a pleasant place to be and yet never draws your attention to it until it’s needed and the choice of colour schemes are very welcome. It is simply the best overall todo app, second to none in four years of looking at other products.

Vorteile: The ability to email particular tasks or task categories is a great feature that their competitors seem to struggle / not even bother with. The software is easy to use, simple enough to find your way around and yet complex enough to offer flexibility to work how you wish. Vacation mode is an excellent feature, meaning you can temporarily switch off the target tasks each day that you would otherwise do if in work. It also has apps for iOS, Android and Mac as well as the web version.

Nachteile: Every once in a while the iOS version will not sync very quickly if you are completing tasks on the web version / Mac version but it’s w minor quibble.

Why Wouldn't You Use This?

Bewertet am 1.11.2018
Keenan C.
Accountant
Immobilien, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have used Todoist for over three years and I have zero complaints about functionality. I cannot think of a bug I have encountered within the app. I have it on every device I own. And the blog is great, too!

Vorteile: In the paid version, the reminders are a life saver. The notes feature for different tasks lets you give greater context to your task if needed, which is a great feature. You can add links, or other files to the notes section, as well. Those are the two biggest improvements, in my experience, over the free version. The user interface is the definition of simple, and the scheduling features can read your mind! It's like a personal assistant telling you when things need to be done. And the ability to use it across devices is second to none. For business, the Outlook and Gmail add-ons are a must. The ability to assign tasks directly from email is a beautiful thing.

Nachteile: This is nitpicky, but I am not really a fan of the optional color schemes. First world problems, am I right? (This shouldn't be a deal breaker for anyone thinking of using Todoist.)