2CheckOut, good payment gateway to start your business.

Bewertet am 11.4.2019
Moisés S.
Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: 2CheckOut has been good for me, allowed me to start receiving payments with debit and credit cards in my first store, I started using this company since they do not request as many requirements to activate the account as other platforms, it is also ideal to receive payments in subscriptions that is what I sell in my store, this platform has been very useful for me. It has many things to improve like other companies, but it has worked well for me.

Vorteile: What I like most about this payment gateway is that it can be integrated into many platforms or sales channels that currently exist in the market, such as Shopify and others. I also like that you have the option to accept payments for product sales or for subscriptions, that is, if I want to create a service that I must charge a monthly or annual subscription I can use this payment gateway. The interface is very intuitive, it is easy to configure when you start using it. I like that it shows good statistics of the users and also I can integrate the Google Analytics tracking code to improve the optimization of my website.

Nachteile: I do not like that the way to integrate into platforms like Shopify is not good, since at the moment that my clients wish to complete an order, they must be redirected to another tab to complete the payment there, this can affect the conversions. I do not like that the support at the time of activating the account is very slow, they take a long time to respond, it takes up to a week to activate the account and that is valuable time that could be used.

Powerful and customizable e-commerce platform that help you succeed

Bewertet am 23.11.2017
Ahmed O.
Founder & CEO
Computer-Software

Vorteile: With a powerful set of tools, Avangate really helps ISV and Micro-ISV to sell products and reach more markets. By utilizing a large network of affiliates, extensive detailed reports, promotions, A/B testing and lead management tools and customizable carts and email templates you can sell more and understand your business and users. Avangate offers extensive set of API which enables you to automate every aspect of the purchasing process. Support team of Avangate is knowledgeable and offers fast and reliable assistance.

Nachteile: Complicated and not-mobile friendly control panel that make the products setup and utilizing other tools difficult. Difficult to customize shopping carts with the lack of documentation to help build custom store using API

von Avangate an 27.11.2017

Dear Ahmed, thank you so much for your feedback.
I have some good news: we are revamping our Control Panel and the beta version will be released very soon in December - stay tuned.
As for the comment on the shopping cart, I will ask the technical support team to get in touch and discuss your needs to be able to make some concrete suggestions. Goes without saying that you can reach out to supportplus @ avangate.com anytime with any setup or technical questions.

You gotta fight if you want to work with them

Bewertet am 26.12.2018
Teya B.
Teacher: Digital Illustration
Kunst & Handwerk, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I'd say my experience is more bitter than sweet. If it wasn't for the savings I am making, I would never choose them over Paypal, who care far better about their customers.

Vorteile: In some contries across the ocean 2checkout is the more budget friendly alternative.
I like their inlice checkout function which basically allows the customer to see a simple popup with " Enter your card details", instead of going through long and complicated sign in process. Oh, and there is of course the fuction to pay with Paypal, which some customers prrfer.
I feel that this really gives sales a huge boost.

Nachteile: It takes months to be approved and become a partner of 2checkout. In some contries you get a bank loan more easily! The worst part it that if you are not approved, you will not know why. They will never tell you!They rejected my website twice without informing me the reasons behind their decision. When I reached out SEVERAL TIMES to ask what the problem was, their support was kind enough to reply after a whole week. The issue in my case was A SINGLE WORD that they didn't like in the header of my website, so they rejected the application without even trying to check if I would be willing to change this single word. I have to say also that the support is not empathetic at all. As their partner you will be giving them money - % from your sales. Insted of treating you kind and nice for this, they make you feel like you're begging them to work together. There is this tone of arrogance in the emails of the support that I didn't like at all.

Good support, outdated UI

Bewertet am 22.11.2017
Dmitry M.
COO
13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Platform support is really good and they really take care about each request. They have huge number of options but sometimes it is hard to tune them in the right way as they are quite messy.

Nachteile: We are using platform for more than 2 years now and missing the critical feature to allow us passing discount information from our site to the platform without entering it in Avangate cPanel. We also were trying to set up subscriptions for our products but lost in options. 20-30 connected with each other features made it impossible to set up without a good knowledge of how do they work. Platform developers made it over complicated. Commission rate is 5-8% that is quite high. Administration UI is old - coded in early 2000 and requires a good product manager to be sorted out and redeveloped.

Avangate

Bewertet am 17.8.2016
Dmitry K.
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: Been using Avangate as our primary payment processor for 6+ years with literally no problems. It just works and does what it should do. Customer support is acceptable, email response is usually within 24 hours (my experience with their support is limited as I only need to contact it 1 or 2 times a year at most).

Vorteile: Easy to set up and integrate, intuitive, everything's well documented.

Nachteile: Sometimes customers complain that the Backup CD they ordered is not delivered or significantly delayed. I'm not sure if it's Avangate fault, though.

Avangate is the third global e-commerce platform we've tried, and by far the best.

Bewertet am 15.11.2017
Ann D.
Customer Advocate

Vorteile: Technical support is quick (often immediate via online chat), courteous, professional, and knowledgeable. After initial set-up and some familiarity with the control panel, Avangate is easy for our customers to purchase through and for our team to administer.

Nachteile: Avangate's Affiliate Program feature is geared towards software companies with broad-interest software promoted on "affiliate" websites that are usually promoting a wide range of software with "coupon" or "discount" pricing. Our software is very niche market (educational / scientific software) and we would prefer an affiliate program that can be easily tailored to screen and accept specific affiliate sites, e.g. software resellers that offer other software in our niche market, sites that review software and other resources in our niche market, and affiliates who are also providing technical support and training for our software through their own business.

The 2Chekout program brought a flexible and even better online payment

Bewertet am 1.6.2019
Credit Analyst
Finanzdienstleistungen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The 2Checkout enables you to explore and experience a bunch of options to implementation online payment. That has been helping me very much oferring my financial services. And because it is so flexbile I have been able to get so many clients, in several aspects. Sometimes I have a headache with support issues, but even so it is a so good tool to be used!

Vorteile: The 2Checkout helps a lot with the online payment management. It is so much intuitive e gives you plenty options about products and services that you can offer, integrating all of them in so many plataforms and transations.

Nachteile: It is kind hard to implement at first and sometimes something in the process could give you some trouble., which is why I think that the support could be a little faster.

Most reliable gateway processor

Bewertet am 11.8.2016
Reza H.
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: We use Avangate as payment processor for almost 3 years. I worked with too many providers before but never had a good experience as what I have with Avangate. Support agent was really helpfull when we contact them several times in a day to help us to develop our custom module for Avangate.
process of accepting money is very good and professional while most of gateways only accept payments and when a chargeback happen just put a penalty (mostly Money!) on your account.

Great Billing Recurring Billing Solution

Mark B.
Co-Founder
13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We were able to increase our revenue over time, up to 30%+, which was great, and continues to be.

Vorteile: Ease of use of desktop and mobile. Will process the grand majority of transactions and have never really given us any issues to this day.

Great tool for recurring billing

Bewertet am 26.9.2018
Iliana D.
Co-Founder

Kommentare: Helps launch and keep our business growing steadily.

Vorteile: We are able to bill our clients in time to be able to meet payroll. Their recurring billing solution is very advanced and makes any subscription service easy to implement.

Nachteile: Since they integrated with Avangate, i think they are a great provider.

My preferred e-commerce platform provider!

Bewertet am 21.11.2017
Founder & CEO / Chief Software Architect
Computer-Software

Kommentare: Great ROI and configuration capabilities.

Vorteile: Avangate provides incredibly finite control over products, pricing and promotions. The platform is highly configurable.

Nachteile: With power comes complexity. The left sidebar menu interface is a little overloaded and could use a simpler re-implementation.

the Avangate system is a very flexible one.

Lyubomir D.
Finanzdienstleistungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The automatic calculation of all taxes like VAT in different countries around the world is very impressive.

Nachteile: Responds to customer support tickets are very slow. Once the ticket is submitted it takes at least few days to review by Avangate team.

Good overall functionality and great customer support

Bewertet am 18.11.2017
Fernando M.
COO

Vorteile: Fast and professional service support and availability of numerous paying options, particularly in Brazil, where we currently operate

Nachteile: Lack of more detailed information on failed payment processing. When this happens the info from the dashboard is limited so we have to submit a request for more info.

von Avangate an 20.11.2017

Hi Fernando,
Thanks so much for your review and feedback, we really appreciate it.
I have passed on your note regarding notifications for failed payment processing to the product team.
It's always useful to learn about clients needs and specific use cases, it helps us constantly improve the platform & our services.

Ease of use and implementation for a payment gateway

Bewertet am 24.7.2018
Thea E.
IT Manager

Vorteile: I used 2Checkout to function together with Shopify. The speed of integrating the 2 is fast and seamless. I didn't have to worry about the security, or if I did the right thing. It also has a sleek design that the people paying over the gateway feels that the payment gateway is trustworthy, and they can put their credit card information in without fear.

Nachteile: The payment scheme is quite strange. I didn't like that you need to bulk the amount before you can withdraw. I also think that the cut that they make is quite large for international organizations.

looks like scam to me

Bewertet am 17.2.2018
Alice W.
Quelle: GetApp

Nachteile: They basically say that they can close any account whenever they want, for no reason whatsoever: "Thank you for your response. We can certainly understand your disappointment at the closure of your account. Please know there are many factors taken into consideration when an account is closed. Anyone of these factors may, in and of itself and at our sole discretion, warrant the closure of an account. We sincerely apologize for any disruption this may cause you or your business."

von 2Checkout.com an 7.5.2019

Hello! Thanks for your honest feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review and we apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Please feel free to reach out to us at onlinereviews@2checkout.com for additional help. Looking forward to hearing from you!

The Improved 2Checkout Platform Brought Flexibility to Receive Payments

Bewertet am 29.4.2019
Juliana M.
IT Manager
Computer-Hardware, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The 2Checkout Payments Platform enables us to exploit its profound involvement in online payment solutions. One of the best solutions for E-commerce, it supports multiple payment methods and has high end security protection. Also the service and support provided is incredible, all our needs are fulfilled. The platform gave us the flexibility that we needed.

Vorteile: Flexibility, multiple payment methods supported, multiple currency support, great management tools.

Nachteile: A little tricky to implement, you need to have a team with previous training.

Decent product, does what we needed.

Bewertet am 9.2.2018
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: It’s easy to set up, and allows us to enable subscription based offerings on our social networks with a robust platform that the current script didn’t support.

Nachteile: The support is a bit slower than some others I’ve tried, but overall, still not tealky a con as much as something to be aware of.

Avangate Review

Bewertet am 24.6.2016
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: I have been using Avangate as the primary payment processing company for my online software sales for the past 4 years and have to say that I'm very pleased with them. Their service is competivitley priced and they are very responsive to any queries I ( or my customers ) may have with them. They are also prompt and reliable payers and have always settled my invoices with them on time.

Vorteile: Good pricing.
Good range of payment options.
Great customer service ( both for myself as a customer and my customers who purchase through them )
Deal with tax complexities such as VAT allowing me to focus on developing and selling my software.

Nachteile: Not many. Their website / application is looking a little bit old. It's functional but a little bit dated.

Very stable and reliable e-commerce

Bewertet am 12.8.2016
Juri S.
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: We use Avangate for many years, recommend it to other people, etc. No problems with it, very professional and comfortable for use. Good support, stable payments.

Avangate is great for small companies thanks to its friendly costumer support

Bewertet am 17.11.2017
Dani S.
Software Engineer

Vorteile: -Friendly and fast costumer support,
-No upfront fees,
-Automatic key delivery,
-Multi language,
-All the features you need to start selling online.

Nachteile: -Confusing dashboard until you get used to it.
-Minimum payout, it isn't much but it's still there.

User friendly Product

Bewertet am 22.3.2018
Shiva K.
Engineer
Einzelhandel, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: User interface is very friendly and offer different features which makes it unique and best from the rest of the softwares. It is easy to configure and fairly cheap.

Nachteile: Dashboard takes little time to master it. Also there should be multiple withdrawals way. Customer support could be fast.

No-nosense e-commerce supplier

Bewertet am 21.11.2017
Andreas V.

Vorteile: - it works well
- easy invoicing
- it's fairly cheap
- it's based in Holland, so perfect to avoid VATMOSS issues
- great support

Nachteile: The software stack can be a bit overwhelming at first; the UI could use a brush up here and there, but overall no major negative points.

Lots of features and excellent customer support

Philipp S.

Vorteile: There are a lot of features included and after some time getting used to them I was able to configure everything the way I required it to be.
The customer support is very responsive and helpful and it's excellence warrants the fairly high price.

Nachteile: Avangate merged with the horrible company 2Checkout (worst I've experienced in this sector!) earlier this year and plans to operate under the name of 2Checkout in the future. I'm very worried that things will go south in the aftermath of this merger and that the poor reputation of 2Checkout will damage my sales. If I had known this in advance I would not have become a customer of Avangate. - But due to Avangate's good performance in the past, I'll give them credit and hope for the best.

We've been partners for 10 years!

Bewertet am 24.6.2016
Annelise V.
Business Manager
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: We trusted Avangate right from the beginning when they were launched, and we've had a great partnership ever since. We recommend them for the efficiency of their system and friendliness of their staff.

Vorteile: The widest range of supported payment methods in the world. Competitors don't come even close.
Great marketing strategies for their affiliation system.
Great team of passionate employees with quick feedback

Nachteile: platform not so flexible: some capabilities missing

Absolute Lo Jack

Bewertet am 4.5.2018
Tammy A.
2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: For the price You can't beat it!

Vorteile: Avangate's Absolute Lo Jack software helps to track your laptop (or other devices) by simply downloading their software on the device. How convenient is this?!

Nachteile: If the device is turned off I think the software stops tracking it, so if they do not turn on I still can't locate my device.