Whip Around

Whip Around Bewertungen

von Whip Around

Amazing tool for remotely managing fleet and driver staff

Joe C.
Safety and Training Manager
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, Whip-Around is a great product and a very effective tool.

Vorteile: I am part of a team that manages over 70 drivers and a fleet of 33 vehicles in 16 states. This software has been the perfect solution to remotely manage pre and post trip reports, vehicle maintenance, and driver compliance. It’s very simple to implement with drivers due in large part to not require special or expensive equipment - most of our drivers use the free app on their own smartphones. We also use inexpensive Samsung tablets which we leave on the vehicles (one per vehicle). Other great features are the document management for fleet and drivers, mechanic notifications and updates, and the ease of generating reports and summaries.

Nachteile: The only thing I would like to see improve is the driver communication tools. Currently, there is no feature in place that notifies drivers of the status of faults they reported. There is a feature to leave comments on a fault report, but drivers are not notified of those comments. Also, there is a feature to alert drivers if they miss a report or to send them reminders, however, it only sends these notifications via the app for drivers, so they would have to be logged in to see it. Sending text messages directly to the drivers via their personal mobile phones would be much more effective.

Great solution with agility to customize

Bewertet am 31.1.2020
Daniel D.
Driver Manager
Baumaterial, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Improved record keeping of DVIR (electronic), improved depth inspection (photos), improved speed of communication (real-time updates), improved confidence by frontline users (Drivers) that company is adopting technologies that improve their jobs (a building of confident after training)

Vorteile: Template based forms which can be customized to my my needs/specifics.

Nachteile: Each card or inspection area has limit of (5) reminders/items/descriptions... sometimes needing to created additional cards vs. a longer list. (Yet, I know this limiter leads to more intentional/more thorough/higher engaged inspection)
Also, some UX feedback on not being able to go to other fields when keyboard is active other than done. (variable size of tablet screens/pop-up keyboard size may be customer end constraint)

von Whip Around an 5.2.2020

Hi Daniel,
Thanks for taking time to provide feedback. The developers have been made aware of your suggestions. If you have other pieces of feedback, please make sure to send those over.

Where have you been all our life WhipAround?

Bewertet am 12.12.2019
Mark S.
Project Operations Manager
Bau, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I think much of this is answered above but I'll try to comment simply here with some bullet points.
-improved time management for our mechanics to the tune of 20%
-our fleet has stayed moving more regularly due to a streamlined means of communications and necessary repairs. We've gone from being primarily reactive to primarily proactive. In 1 half of our company we've seen an 80% reduction in rental costs and I attribute some of this to the introduction of WhipAround to our fleet of heavy equipment.
-We have improved accountability from our driver's. We can now see who is and who isn't following our policies and procedures on a daily basis and take corrective action
-In the past we operated off of homegrown spreadsheets and files to hold information about our fleet. Now we are able to have 1 spot to store vehicle/equipment info, photos, reports, faults, repairs, etc. So simple!
-Overall, I have and will continue to suggest WhipAround to anyone I associate with as I firmly believe in their product and the support from their team. We at Belknap Landscape Co. honestly couldn't be happier with our relationship

Vorteile: #1 - customer service and implementation of the software into our organization was amazing.
#2 - [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is number 1 in customer service and attention to our needs and product development thoughts.
#3 - [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] took time to fly out to our team to help onboard our drivers into the software and provide a personal approach to the training
#4 - the software is SOOO simple to use yet incredibly powerful and valuable in terms of results
#5 - our drivers and mechanics now communicate totally differently than they use to in the past. Everything is streamlined and documented
#6 - speaking of documentation...gone are the days of carbon copy books and tracking down hand written forms. Our organization has 4 facilities and to transfer information in a time-effective manner was everything but successful. With WhipAround the right people in our company get the information they need instantaneously allowing us to keep the right documents in the right place for legal purposes, allowing our mechanics to respond instantly to the needs of our fleet to keep them going and to effectively schedule the necessary repairs we need to run a profitable business. Everyone in the process of our fleet is accountable to their specific role when using WhipAround. Finally, the folks at WhipAround are all about product development and always open to suggestion/improvement of what they provide for a service which is a huge value add proposition in my book.

Nachteile: It costs .25 cents more per month per vehicle than the carbon copy book that we used in the past. Just kidding...that's all I've got. We thoroughly enjoy the business relationship we have with the WhipAround team!

HR

Bewertet am 5.12.2019
Janina D.
HR
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It is easy to use but very limited for drivers and for office people. As an office person must of the time I don't get to see the drivers, it will be useful if Whip Around was the tool were we could connect with more information.

Vorteile: I like the fact that pictures can be taken and drivers can do their pre and post. I like that it is easy to use.

Nachteile: that you can't add information unless it's requested. I can't print reports or customized them for what I need.

von Whip Around an 21.1.2020

Hi Janina,
Thank you for providing feedback for us! We want to make sure your experience is nothing short of amazing with Whip Around. Your account manager will be reaching out to you shortly to discuss your feedback.

Best,
The Whip Around Team

Best Software Purchase EVER!

Bewertet am 15.11.2019
Gwen H.
HR Generalist
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Everyone at Whip Around has always answered all of my questions in a very timely manner, and I honestly have nothing but positive things to say about the company and our partnership!

Vorteile: All of our Drivers & Service Managers are loving Whip Around, and the ease of the app. Truth be told, they were not consistently completing pre and post trip inspections, but now are doing so on a daily basis. I had one driver, who traveled to work at a different location for a week, call me so that I could switch him from one team to the next, to do his daily inspections. That would have NEVER happened before, and inspections would have just not been done... Also, my Sales Rep. has always been more than helpful! She visited us in person (for free) to conduct on site training, and is always available to answer my questions. If she is not in the office, someone there has always given me help within minutes!

Nachteile: Nothing - the system is easy to learn, and the app is amazing! If I was able to get my group using the app (within 1 day) and have less than 5 follow up questions this year - that speaks volumes!

Great Software and App

Bewertet am 18.1.2020
Jordan A.
Assistant Operations Manger

Kommentare: Outstanding!

Vorteile: This software helps our company daily pre and post trip our trucks activities that I believe are missed when pre and post trips are done on paper. The app allows the drivers to take pictures with a detailed message of issue that in turn helps our mechanics begin the necessary steps ahead of time to fix the problem. The app is very simple to use and can be customized into what fits your company’s needs.

Nachteile: None at the moment. Great software, I recommend this software to any company with a medium to large fleet.

Great All Around Experience

Bewertet am 30.10.2019
Joshua S.
IT Manager
Bau, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've been informed that the "Cons" that i have for this product will be addressed in a future release, and if so, i will not have any "Cons" regarding this product. The support group is very helpful and attentive. My account manager is always positive and on standby should i need assistance. I've received excellent feedback from the foremen and service truck drivers regarding the use of Whip Around. I would highly recommend this product.

Vorteile: - Ease of use for the management team as well as the individuals performing the software
- Very user-friendly interface on the desktop and mobile websites
- Easy enrollments via SMS invites in which, post-install, the login process is automated
- very easy product to train others on
- inspection forms are 100% customizable
- the support team has a very quick response time, while being very knowledgeable and efficient

Nachteile: - no expense tracking
- no option to set service reminders

von Whip Around an 3.11.2019

Thanks, Josh, yes, we have a new maintenance module coming soon where you will be able to set maintenance schedules and work orders.

WhipAround Review

Bewertet am 4.11.2019
Tim W.
Process Integrity Manager
Umweltdienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have people spread out in various geographic locations. WhipAround has been very helpful in gathering and tracking data.

Vorteile: Flexibility and ease of use have been the most desirable aspects of the App.

Nachteile: I haven’t have any complaints as of yet.

Getting Started with Whip Arounc

Bewertet am 5.12.2019
Robert H.
Fleet Manager
Staatsverwaltung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are utilizing Whip Around to inspect our vehicles in our Motor Pool. This has increased accountability and the overall performance of my staff. The vehicles are cleaner, maintenance is done in a timely manner and vehicles are ready to roll when requested by other employees.

Vorteile: I liked the ease of use and the quick answers to my questions from the support staff.

Nachteile: I would like to have the ability to put drivers on more than one team.

Vehicle Fleet Safety

Bewertet am 11.12.2019
Brandon W.
Fleet Manager
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: This software was most helpful in streamlining our vehicle inspections. I get real time email alerts for vehicle failures and issues. It has eased prioritizing issues for repair and tracking preventive maintenance inspections to ensure they are completed following company guidelines.

Nachteile: The software completely fails a vehicle for "added windshield washer fluid." It would be nice if there was different categories like "action taken" for added washer fluid and "failure" for a leaking brake line.

Great product

Scott S.
Operation's Manager
Bau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are using Whip Around most particularly for Inspection reports on trucks and trailers as well as Inventory control and a mechanics checklist. Thus far, it has been great. We are supposed to be able to combine it with our Verizon Connect account, which we havent figured out as of yet, but it is a matter of time before it gets even better.

Vorteile: The ease of use is probably the best thing. We did a simple training for our crew one day and started use the following Monday. It was really easy to use.

Nachteile: Have not really found a con as of yet...

von Whip Around an 22.5.2019

Thanks so much for your review Scott and yes we now have an integration with Verizon Connect. We a keen to continue to develop this and improve the customer experience. Please contact your account rep at Verizon Connect to get your credentials to connect the two accounts. If you need help with configuring it please let us know via the online chat. We are there 24/7 to support you.

Whip Around

Chicago Operations Manager
Internet, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Whip Around is great because it replaces the head ache of paper pretrips. It can be updated with the click of a few buttons and is very customizable to any need your business has in regards to checklist and inspections. The reporting is clean. Its very simple to add vehicles, users, or employees.

Vorteile: I like that Whip Around is completely digital. It has a unique API that can be integrated into our reporting platform, Looker. I like that the software is user friendly. It is very dynamic in that changes can be made in a few minutes vs traditional hard copy inspections which would need to be reprinted or versions become obsolete. The email reporting and the web platform reporting makes it very easy to see if employees are completing their inspections. If there are faults, we can easily identity them to send on to the mechanic. We have been able to integrate it company wide very easily because of how dynamic the software is with adding new users, vehicles, locations, forms, etc.

Nachteile: I would like a existing fault form that can be filled out for vehicles as they are added to the fleet or whip around is integrated. I would also like the ability to customize forms a little more with something such as a multiple photo option. I would also like a Manager version within the application. I would also like to see Whip Around continue to partner with telematics companies.

von Whip Around an 22.5.2019

Thanks for the review! Multiple photo cards are being worked on along with more functionality added to the mobile app for fleet managers and mechanics. Keep an eye out for the ongoing updates!

People actually helping people -

Bewertet am 29.3.2019
Dan W.
Dispatching Coordinator
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My interactions with the Whip Around crew has been great. They are actually people - can you believe that!? People helping people in an attempt to make their software better, make your jobs easier, help you solve problems and eliminate wasted time... its crazy. When I send a message to their support team on the website, I get a response (sometimes from a robot, but even the robot is helpful and a real person will be with you within a couple minutes); when I call I get to talk to someone; when I email I actually get a response - they even follow-up with appropriate calls and emails. Super great group to work with. The software has been easy to implement (given proper time to create the forms) and the way we were able to create and customize these forms has sped up the drivers times on completing pre-trip inspections, reduced the number of faults missed, and decreased our maintenance turn-around so that our vehicles are kept road-ready more often. Implementing and using Whip Around has been a very positive experience for us.

Vorteile: I would change the question to ask "What DO you like most..." as we don't plan on eliminating the use of Whip Around anytime soon. It has saved us a ton of time by digitizing and streamlining a cumbersome paper data-entry process. That benefit just by itself, ignoring the other utilities of Whip Around, more than justifies its low-cost (which is another great benefit).

Nachteile: There is only one small con that I can think of currently - It would be amazing if the system would auto-log drivers out after X amount of time being idle. This issue also falls on our drivers for being forgetful or non-observant, but auto-logout would eliminate the "oops, I didn't realize I was on another drivers account" hiccups.

von Whip Around an 2.4.2019

Hi Dan!

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this feedback. We are currently in discussion about the auto log out for drivers. I will be sure to keep you in the loop with this. We appreciate your business and are so excited to continue working with you!

Pleasantly surprised

Bewertet am 7.8.2019
George L.
Fleet manager/lead mechanic
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: we started using the app immediately and as a result breakdowns and roadcalls are down 40% from the previous 6 month period. repairs are scheduledmore efficiently reducing down time and I don't have massive bundles of DVIR slips to sift through or store

Vorteile: I can set reminders to go off on the drivers phones until they have completed their daily inspections, I can go back through the inspections to see who is doing them and who isn't, the app gives me a leader board so I can recognize the drivers that are following new protocols as requested

Nachteile: in order to add new drivers or equipment I need to have it done vs being able to just do it myself and there are no generic reports for rental units

von Whip Around an 8.8.2019

Hi George!

Thank you for leaving us this feedback!

I wanted to reach out and let you know that as an Admin on the account, you are able to add new drivers and equipment. Also, the forms are customizable and you can add all of the reports you would like!

We offer a daily webinar training that covers all of this, so feel free to give us a call to get registered for one!

Pre and Post Trip Reports

Johnnie H.
Operations Department Head
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We just recently had a training conference call and webinar last week with members of our management team and Whip Around. They were very knowledgeable and informative. CSR was fantastic in answering all of our questions.

Vorteile: We use Whip Around every day for our Pre and Post Trip Inspections for our entire fleet which is about 30 trucks and drivers. It's very simplistic for the administrator as far as customization. And it's very easy for the end users (our drivers) to use. It also helps our Fleet Maintenance Department track faults and needed repairs.

Nachteile: Our company has been using this software for the last few years. However, being new to the company, I personally have only been using it for the past 5 months. But so far, I can honestly say, there's not too much this software is lacking.

Best D-DVIR Software

Bewertet am 19.2.2019
Ryne J.
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Whip Around has allowed us to go paperless with our DVIRs. The ease of use by the PVOs combine with the dashboard and fault reporting has allowed our company to act quicker to faults than ever before. The program has been good so far and we look forward to future features that will release.

Vorteile: This software does exactly what it says, it digitalizes the DVIRs required by the DOT. It also helps track vehicle faults, allowing our Operations Team to stay in the know and react appropriately at all times.

Nachteile: The one feature that needs to be implemented is a much more robust "reminder" feature. Right now you can only set reminders with a very limited control over when and how these reminders would be sent. It would be amazing to allow admin to set up reminders for specific forms and on specific days to specific PVOs. EX. send a pre-trip reminder to all employees on Monday - Friday at 7am.

von Whip Around an 20.2.2019

Thank you for your feedback, Ryne!

I just sent you an email addressing the updates we released for our Reminders Feature. You now have the ability to set regular inspection reminders, missed inspection reminders, and more!

Let us know if you have any questions!

Best Inspection APP out there

Mike M.
Asset Manager
Bau, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: whip around is always moving forward and there to tell me about new updates and stuff. cant understand how the could have such great pricing.

Vorteile: with a large construction company there are a lot of moving parts and vehicle maintenance needs to be maintained. I have 24 Utility trucks and 2 peterbuilts and this app based program really helps. what first attracted me to it is how simple it looked for my field techs, my thoughts where not only the money to start a program but all the training that would have to take place but this app is so easy there was hardly any training at all. the back office features are great too, I can control almost anything and if I need help support is just a chat away. I highly recommend for any size fleet.

Nachteile: I would like to see whip around spread to other sectors of fleet management like ELD systems and GPS programs so I can have it all under one program.

Mike!

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a great review of Whip Around.

We have a lot of great new features coming out so stay tuned!

Happy Review

Bewertet am 21.5.2019
Corinna C.
Dispatch
Lagerung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: So happy I learn of whip around it has saved me so much desk space by not having everyday paperwork sitting to be signed off or waiting for work to be done.
I up load the issue and what equipment needs worked on and send email to our mechanic he then signs off with his statement when done that SIMPLE.

Vorteile: How easy it is to review all faults or non faults,I can follow every piece of equipment in now time,or if an employee isn't signing in,great tracking .

Nachteile: well I'm a slow learner, it took me a couple of trial's and with the help of support i got a lot figured out!!! do i have it all figured out no but as i move forward i feel confident or i call support.

von Whip Around an 23.5.2019

Thanks for the review. It's great that Whip Around is helping you out so much!

Overall Very good

Ryan M.
Maintenance Engineer
Fluggesellschaften/Luftfahrt, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Using this type of software reduces the chance of missing potential issues with equipment and has reduced the downtime as faults are reported sooner. Auditors in my experience have been overall impressed with the system and prefer this over searching through filing cabinets.

Vorteile: Ease of use, modern web interface with good tablet support etc. Ideal for streamlining and keeping on top of daily checks with customisation of templates as you go.
Reporting of faults is made efficient with ability to upload images etc
Ability to set reminders with email alerts and good customer support when needed.
Improvements get made on the fly showing ongoing development of the software is still active.

Nachteile: Would like to see the option to add templates that are user restricted to allow service templates to be created for maintenance staff. At the moment I cant see how to do this, perhaps its something they are working to implement with a future update ?

review for vehicle inspections

Bewertet am 31.5.2019
Andrew H.
Sr Operations Manager
Automotive, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: we tried out several vehicle inspection apps, some were great however not budget friendly. whiparound meet both our needs of being functional and budget friendly.

Vorteile: easy to customize, easy to use for back end users and users

Nachteile: hard to find in app sort for users.

von Whip Around an 7.6.2019

Thanks for the review!

We love WhipAround!

Bewertet am 12.10.2018
Jordan F.
Officer Administator
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: WhipAround has been a great tool for us to stay in compliance, track team behaviors, and keep records. We highly recommend.

Vorteile: WhipAround allows us to keep an electronic log of complete pre and post-trip inspections and have our teams complete these inspections easily.

Nachteile: We are not able to set up a report that automatically advises when drivers do not complete inspections. We understand that this may we require API integration, but we believe it would allow us to identify and improve our own compliance issues much more efficiently.

von Whip Around an 16.1.2019

Hi Jordan,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this feedback. We greatly appreciate your business!

Thank you for your words regarding the driver inspection reminders. This is something we are planning to integrate at some point.

Whip Around Review

Shelly T.
Office Admin/Dispatcher/Payroll
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are a trucking company that does not have an onsite mechanic. This enables our drivers to communicate daily if there are any issues with their trucks or if they need supplies for their trucks. We are able to keep track of current mileages on trucks this way also so that we are able to track when a service needs performed, which frees up a lot of my time having to make a visual on each truck to record mileage. With the feature of drivers being able to upload pictures, I can send that on to the mechanic so they are able to put an eye on what the driver is reporting. The ease of use has given our drivers a tool that they can use and it is a time saver for management.

Vorteile: Truck drivers are easily able to use it without much instruction. It is easy to change truck numbers in the system. It is very comprehensive. Drivers are able to upload pictures and comments easily.

Nachteile: Sometimes when there are updates to the software, drivers have to uninstall and reinstall the software.

Great mobility tool

Bewertet am 13.3.2019
Solution Engineer

Kommentare: The product is backed by a friendly and helpful team makes for winning combination.

Vorteile: So very easy to setup and use. Having the ability to monitor and oversee the entire fleet at once is a great benefit to the company. Drivers find the process really easy and not laborious at all. The maintenance crew are able to respond to faults as they are reported. Creating, editing and changing forms is a breeze.

Nachteile: The fact that it is not currently linked directly to any of the existing fleet management and servicing software.

von Whip Around an 16.3.2019

Thanks for reviewing Whip Around. We have some good news for you. We have 9 integrations planned this year and 3 are about to launch next month. If you would like more details please contact support.

Whip around review

Kevin W.
Bau, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are very happy with the program

Vorteile: Easy to use, much better than paper, the dashboard is user-friendly, most importantly the system allows you to customize your forms giving you the data you want and eliminating the data you don't need, excellent program

Nachteile: My only issue with the software was my initial contact with the salesperson, he told me about a special offer that was much less expensive than the actual program cost, when I signed up for the program they knew who this person was and were upset that he made this offer, they were also unwilling to grant it to me. This was very frustrating but I like the program so much I signed up anyway

Hi Richard!

Thank you for your feedback and sorry to hear about your early experience. Glad that the software is meeting your needs and that you are very happy with the program!

We look forward to a long term partnership.

Second Time User and Works Just as Well!

Bewertet am 13.9.2018
Rick S.
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I appreciate the automation of the data being collected.

Vorteile: Whip Around is simple and powerful. I'm a small owner/operator and this is a great tool for keeping track of mileage, as well as details that DOT might want to see. I implemented this for a previous employer and have continued to use and enjoy it as a owner/operator. Thanks rep and crew!

Nachteile: Occasionally the software hangs, but I find this is often the mobile device and not the software itself.

von Whip Around an 16.1.2019

Hi Rick,

You are right, in the world of software and applications, occasionally there are hiccups, but so happy to hear you enjoy our product!

Best,