Deutschland Lokales Produkt

Timing Erfahrungen

4,8 (141) Eine Bewertung schreiben Deutschland Lokales Produkt

Über Timing

Automatische Zeiterfassung für Mac. Keine Start-/Stopp-Timer mehr!

Erfahre mehr über Timing

It automatically records what you are doing on your Mac, displays all of that in a visually appealing and pleasing way and gives you options to analyze the data.

Lack of synchronization. When using two or more machines, all activities and projects are completely independent.

Bewertungen zu Timing

4,9

Timing hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,8 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 141 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Timing bereits verwendet?

Filip
Filip
Asisstant Professor / adiunkt in Polen
Hochschulbildung, Selbstständig

Outstanding software for time tracking

Kommentare: Timing combines many things in one app: manual time tracking and automatic time tracking; estimating time needed for a task (and then readjusting it if needed) or categorising the time after working for few hours or a day. It has a beautiful and very flexible menu. After using many time tracking apps I would definitely recommend this one as number one, much better than for example Toggl. It really makes me think about my time and categorise it properly.

- Desktop app, not a website - Coloured timeline - Manual and automatical task categorisation (you can categorise some apps, websites, folders or keywords as always belonging to a specific task/activity but you can also manually overrun it or track time by starting and finishing task after task) - Productivity score based on productivity scores assigned to each task - Great flexibility - Great statistics - Immediate support

- You can't override a manual task assigment with an automatic assignment. Usually I'm working on something for a longer time so I manually assign it to a task. But it is often the case that in the meantime sometting needs my attention, e.g. an email comes and I have to reply right away and then switch back to the long-term task. The most efficient way to count how much time has been spent on the main task and how much on other tasks ("distractions") would be to set the main task manually (e.g. 10-11 = Writing) but to drag some apps that were used in this period (e.g. 3 minutes of gmail) to other categories (e.g. gmail) and substract them from the time spent on the main, manually set task. - I'd love to set shortcuts for the most often used projects and have a list of most often used projects to be able to assign activities faster and without scrolling a very long projects list.

Maciej
Director in Polen
E-Learning, Selbstständig

Best software to track projects and computer use.

Kommentare: I got it as a part of SetApp subscription service, which also great. I'm completely satisfied, which I can't say about other software of this kind. Most of them where uninstalled just few minutes after. This one sticked for months now and I know I'll keep it as long as possible. It has this nice gamification feel to it, because it shows clearly how much time has been wasted, how long I worked and what's my productivity score. It's really nice to see that because of this software my productivity soared from 40-50% to 80-90%. Sometimes for as long as 8-10 hours. That's really something amazing!

It's a great software! I've been looking for some different products to monitor my productivity. I work from home and I struggled for years to be more accountable to myself and more productive. Although this software was intended to bill for various project, I find it useful for this as well. Whole UI is very simple and clean. I created different projects and sub-projects to monitor what I spend my time one, like "accounting", "planning" and "marketing". Reviewing and analyzing what I was doing and what was my productivity hour by hour and overall is a great tool. It's one of those programs that that really helped me. It's sufficient and does everything great.

It could be a little bit more intelligent in predicting what I was working on, but seriously, there is just looking for something negative. Oh, maybe removing activity from timeline would be useful. Maybe I would add an option to monitor iPhone usage as well, because I sometimes talk a lot on phone while away from keyboard or manage my social media.

Elena
musician in Griechenland
Kunst & Handwerk, Selbstständig

too expensive

Kommentare: I will not renew my subscription. I will find a cheap alternative and a one-time purchase or even a free one.

it seemed useful for watching my computer daily engagement

it was too expensive to buy (39 euro for just one year!) and it demands a yearly subscription. Not at all good for a private user. I now realize that it targets businesses who are willing to pay any amount. But if you are a private user like myself, then do not buy it, it is not worth its money.

CTO in Deutschland
Internet, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

The first time tracking tool that fits my needs: it tracks what I do and I can assign projects later

Kommentare: Its very easy to figure out when I have been using on which project. Tools that require to set the project I am working on manually never worked for me. Timing is the tool I have been dreaming of for years!

- really the best time tracking tool for freelancers when working on multiple projects. I often switch to another project without "planning" it and with timing I can see exactly when that happened. - unlike most other tools the working day does not end at midnight (I often work past midnight) - can automatically assign projects based on the titles of the windows you are working on - great way to review the work of the day - does not require to store date in the cloud - very reliable -- no crashes for years - excellent customer support

Color scheme is not well thought out (I wish I could assign a base color to a project and then sub-projects would use shades of the base color) A bit expensive, but worth the money

Vincent
Vincent
Sr Planning Analyst in USA

Exactly What I Wanted

Kommentare: What benefits me the most is being able to see where I spend my time most. It also will provide me with data to back up my claims that I'm "spending to much time doing X" or "my skills aren't being utilized when I have to spend X time working on X project or in X application." The Timing App also opens the doors to be more flexible with creating SMART goals because now I'm able to provide data on exactly where I spend my time and give a percentage of my productivity (albeit, the productivity score is set by the user so you need to have discipline)

What I like best is being able to classify my time by projects that I entered into the Timing App. Because I work on a large variety of projects throughout the day and generally use the same set of applications, I needed more than just tracking my time by applications. Timing allows me to create this custom level of categorization and because of the automation features, I only spend about 2 minutes per day (on average based on Timing App tracking) categorizing time that does not automatically fall into one of my projects. Would like to point out that you are able to automate down to the URL level when using a browser which is my most used application. I'm also able to use the Task feature which will separate application time into different projects when I'm working in that application during separate parts of the day.

The only nit-picky thing I don't like is the donut charts on the overview tab in the app that show you the breakdown of your time spent. Although they look nice and are sorted by heavy to light use (by project or application), it's hard to compare two items in the chart with just a glance.

Bakari
Bakari
Web Content Developer in USA
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

Best Solution for Tracking Time

I use Timing to keep track of time spent on my personal and client projects. Timing makes time tracking easy for me because I do most of all my work on the computer. So each time I switch between applications, Timing automatically tracks the time I'm using in each application. I can also set up separate time tracking for projects that involve both computer and non-computer work. In the great thing about Timing is that it provides clearly readable reports that I can attach to my client invoices. What makes Timing even better is that he works in the background, which means I don't have to in most cases start and stop the timing, because Timing does that for me. It took me a while to figure out how to best use Timing, but after a little bit of trial and error I'm using without any problems.

I can't think of any significant cons about Timing. The user interface is not the most modern design, and for many people it might not be very intuitive without reading the written instructions or watching a few instructional videos.

Ryan
Ryan
Grafikdesign, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

This takes my brain out of the equation for tracking my time

Kommentare: I can't even calculate how much extra money this app has made me this year, I'm able to quickly and accurately bill customers for the exact work I've done with 100% confidence. I don't want to tell them this, but I'd pay way more for this software. I have and will continue to recommend it to people as the go-to time tracking software. I've tried so many other time tracking 'solutions' from writing things on paper (my previous best experiment, sad to say) to clicking a button whenever I stop/start a new task and I could never stay with anything for very long because I'd get started on a new task, get interrupted by a phone call or email or something else and end up with wildly inaccurate totals.

It is constantly working in the background -- I don't have to remember to stop and start timers and/or go back at the end of the day and remember what I did 8 hours ago. Now that it syncs between my desktop and laptop, it's almost invaluable. The rules that automatically file tasks in the correct folders mean that even reviewing my time from the previous day barely takes any time at all.

There are still a few hidden things that make it have a bit of a learning curve -- I've been using it for almost a year and it seems like I'm still learning things about it that I didn't know.

Alex
Alex
Batman in Kanada
Staatsverwaltung

Exceptional mac experience that the current trend of ugly cross platform apps cannot touch

Kommentare: - measure your progress
- track performance and habits
- project management

- native Mac app (thank you!!!! I really do not like the current trend of slow and ugly web apps/ electron apps.) - well made - good design, good user experience, and super fast because it is native - works offline no need to send anyone the data - you can backup your data if you want - fellow indie project - current project with regular updates - it just works - lots of features and configurations - you don't need a manual or a video to use this app... it is intuitive... just give it a shot!

- my only con is/was the price tiers. I bought my version from a reseller during Black Friday Sale without consulting the actual website. It turns out, there are 3 different price tiers and I did not know that during the purchasing of the app. It did not leave a good feeling for me but I know there was a miscommunication somewhere in the marketing. So... make sure to check features of the app and buy the version of software that you want

Martín
Martín
DevOps Engineer | Deviget LLC in Argentinien
Unterhaltungselektronik, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Best existing time tracking utility for macOS

Kommentare: I've been using Timing for approximately three months now, and I love it. Now I have complete control over my projects, and I know exactly how much time I expend on them. Timing has also helped me to sharpen my time estimations skills: I was so out of the line before using Timing, and I wasn't aware of that. I love Timing, but as I stated above, the price is on the steep side for my pocket.

First and foremost I have to make a disclaimer: I'm a fan of Timing, so no matter how much I'd like to write an objective review of the product, deep in my heart I know it will be a biased one. With that being said: - Functionality-wise it has everything you can think of to track the time you spend on your system - A chapter apart deserves the project management which is nothing short of amazing - Engineering deserves another chapter: while being able to track EVERYTHING, including what you do on your terminal (!), Timing remains a low-impact application meaning your system will barely notice it is running - Gorgeous GUI full of useful information - It's continuously being updated - Developers are kind and responsive - Timing is provided in three different versions to suit your needs - Ability to sync different Timing installations - It rapidly becomes a must-have partner

- Price: this is a pricey piece - Steep learning curve: at first it could be intimidating Really nothing else I can think of

Marcel
Marcel
Chief Innovation Officer in USA
Internet, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Time tracking without the hassle of pressing start and stop

Kommentare: Never was able to use time tracking software effectively, with the reporting that this program offers, I have the perfect way of billing the minutes/hours I've spent on that specific project.

The way of tracking of what you're actually spending time with on your computer. It's so easy to get carried away. The developer is an incredibly nice individual. The support I've received was outstanding. It's very impressive to see a one-man army build such an awesome product, with all the inbound educational content and product management, that goes into building this piece of software.

Definitely takes some time to set up the way it works best for you. There is a high level of customizability with all the rules. I believe the next level of major expansion is team capabilities. It's perfect for 1 person, but as a business manager, it would be wonderful to have built-in sharing capabilities. But the report exporting functionality is great too!

Bas
Freelance developer in Niederlande

Finally, a timing solution that works for me

Rules can be created with multiple AND and OR condition over multiple sources, which make it very detailed in its capabilities to record when and where you are doing what. This is awesome as it catches things you have long forgotten about. Even when the bulk of your work is done in a pretty complete toolset this allows noticing that that one terminal session also was really about a particular project. Timing has a mature feature set and is pleasant to look at. It is stable and hardly uses any resources. I can, have and will recommend this software to any freelancer that needs to get on top of his/her time tracking.

There is one feature I hope the author(s) will address someday. When adding or changing a rule Timing isn't capable of re-evaluating those changes over existing activity recordings. Therefore when you start a project you'll need to set up rules and make sure that they cover your particular case. You -can- however, add activities manually to projects, but that still requires you to do some manual repetitive work. Which then is well... uh, you know, not done. Oh, the other thing is that it tracks how much I actually watch Netflix on my laptop. That's really too much information... ;-)

Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen

Tracks every minute spent using every app and presents this information beautifully.

Kommentare: Speedy billing for clients and accurate time tracking

Timing allows you to develop increasingly complex workflows as you gain familiarity with the software. Initially, it was enough to simply track the use of certain applications and manually drag the items into individual projects. As I my familiarity increased, I learnt the power of rules and file/folder preferences which allow multiple workstreams to be tracked and the tasks allocated to the individual projects. I can track the workstreams of the multiple teams that I work with and then invoice time for each team individually. Timing comes with a range of export options built into the app that allows the data to be further processed or submitted. I subscribe to Timing through Settapp but if that was to disappear I would buy the app the very next day. Such is the value that it has in my workflow. Keyboard shortcuts make this app multitasking dream.

I would like Timing more if when I move between review and report pages in the app, any projects that were currently selected remained selected.

Antwort von Timing

Hi, thank you so much for your nice review! FYI, Timing should be keeping your project selection when switching between tabs ¿ would you mind contacting us through Timing's support feature with more details on what you are seeing, so we can investigate? Thanks, Daniel from Timing

Unternehmensberatung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Tracks time spent, applications used and more

I love that this software tracks all I do, and when, while using any applications on my computer. I do not always remember to start the timer when I am working between clients, but I can go back and see what I was doing and on what application, along with for how long, afterwards. I use it for multiple clients to track my time, and the time clock is great, too, bc you can add in what you are doing. I also like that you can set shortcuts for starting and stopping the clock and edit any entry if needed, and even add an entry after the fact.

I do not like that sometimes I will see "unknown activity" as a description for what I was doing, when all applications I use have titles of either documents, emails, files, etc. However, the benefits FAR outweigh that little annoyance.

Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, Selbstständig

Phenomenal Resource for Productivity

Kommentare: Because of I'm timing, I'm able to first see just how productive I am. I didn't think I was that productive during the day, but I'm realizing I am more productive than I thought. I'm also noticing I'm staying on track more than I was before. I won't go to social media to goof off because I know it's "watching." I also love that it keeps track of everything for me because I've used other programs before where I had to manually go in and start/stop and edit things and honestly, I'd tell a little white to the program (and myself) that I was "productive" the entire time. That's not helping me. This program doesn't really allow for it -- I mean, I know I can, but I don't because of the automaticity. I love this program and I don't even know all of the FULL benefits yet (I just upgraded to expert-- SO EXCITED!). Thank you so much for creating this program!

There are so many things I love about this software that I don't even know where to start. I love how it helps me stay on track with what I'm doing during the day, increases my productivity, and see what areas I need to focus on more. It's incredibly easy to use and has so many various ways to analyze your data. I also love that it runs automatically for me instead of requiring me to start it myself. In other programs, I'd forget.

There really are no cons. The only thing I can think of is at first it seems overwhelming, but Timing took care of that by providing tutorials that were short and helpful. The less than one minute things are sometimes annoying because I'm not sure where to sort them.

Hochschulbildung

Efficient and understandable time tracking app

The passiveness of the app allows me to not have to think about it. I just let it sit in the background and it will automatically categorize my computer usage via pre-defined rules. The customizability is also adequate, as you can manually re-categorize if there are exceptions to rules or uncategorized usage. Tagging usage by keywords/URL/filepaths makes it very easy to categorize usage in bulk.

I'm not used to the notion of "tasks" in the software, since it relies on manual entry. Sometimes the start/end time of the task is inaccurate maybe it would be good to have a threshold of detection for a task interval. Also, when adding a new rule, it would be useful if that rule can be applied to previous usage rather than manually adding everything from the past.

Junjie
Developer in Singapur
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Passive time tracking for those who bill by time

Kommentare: Knowing where I've spent my time on while on my Mac.

Timing tracks everything I'm doing on my Mac, passively. When I work on things that bill by time, I don't need to remember to start any timer or stop any timer. I could always go back to Timing to extract out the exact time that I've spent on the work based on the time I spend on the software. I think it's easier for me, and better for my clients.

The interface has seen an improvement from version 1. I'm not such a big fan of the default colors used for my projects and tasks though, but it's not a big deal for me.

Aditya
Software Engineer in Kanada

My most frequently used app apart from my IDE. It is stable, consumes low resources and feature rich

Kommentare: Personal improvement and helps me in managing my billing invoices

Very well made: - The app looks very nice and looks deserving of the immense effort that probably might have gone into designing the UI - Very cool reports that give you just the right level of detail to determine where your time is being spent - Lot of attention to detail. For e.g., I love the menu bar icon that shows my current efficiency rate Feature rich: - It already knows about a bunch of things and knows how to classify them. For e.g., it is familiar with domains related to development - I can train it the way I want to. For e.g., I can tell the app to log all hours I spend in the Ulysses app into my development projects - Quite a few number of reports that allows me to slice and dice the data as I want to. This makes it very easy for me to bill my clients very accurately. In fact, I have just started to attach a screenshot of the report (filtered on the client) in my invoice to some clients. They appreciate the transparency. - I also use it to monitor my personal work. For e.g., Netflix appears in bright red in my 'Time Wasters' project

Phil
Lecturer in Neuseeland

A great simple app that works in the background monitoring files & applications being used. Love it!

That it takes little set up and works in the background. This is great for figuring work flows and lets me know exactly how much time I've been spending on projects. I manage to track not just work but exercise and other things through my day.

Not much to not like - remembering the hot keys is about the only hassle. Took me a while to figure out that I could reconfigure my work day from default. Have never required customer support so can't comment there.

Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Timing is an Essential tool for Mac Freelancers

Kommentare: very effective in tracking my time, so i can bill, even if i forget to note my start & end times. with timing i can reconstruct what i was doing.

There are many time trackers, but almost all focus on reporting, and rely on users working a stopwatch to capture time info. The real problem is capturing time info and allocating to projects, not reporting, and Timing is one of only a few tools that track what you do automatically.

Some of the rollover pop up menus drive me crazy. Also they need to do an iOS app so you can track time at client sites as automatically as you track Mac app / document usage.

franck
Supervizer in Polen
Rundfunkmedien, Selbstständig

TIMING AMAZING TIME TRACKING APP.

Kommentare: I do a lot af small task for various project scattered along the day and night and its the only apps that was able to time track all my detailed activity across my 3 systems.

Perfect time tracking apps that let you do your work and take care of the tracking for you even if it let you re-dispatch it afterwards as per you wishes.

nothing its all perfect really the only thing that wold be great is to be able to track task on window or phone and tablet as well via a client app install on those other systems ...

Bau, Selbstständig

Perfect for freelancers or productivity nerds

Kommentare: I needed a way to track my time but was constantly falling off the wagon having to remember to do it manually. With Timing, I can see exactly how my time was spent and it’s just a matter of drag-and-drop to make sure everything is recorded the way it needs to be. I can also see at a glance where my time is going.

Timing allows me a low-friction way to keep track of how I spend my time. It’s just as handy for managing my time-wasting habits as it is for tracking my time spent on various projects.

No real cons to this little gem. The developer has done a great job of responding to user feedback and implementing suggestions. Gets better with each version.

Internet, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Timing app is the Ultimate time/productivity tracker

Kommentare: Time tracking, productivity, pomodoro

I have been using Timing for more than 6 months now and I have to say that it gives a great sense of satisfaction to be able to organize your day into distinctive time slots which can be allotted to various tasks. Timing app allows for this to be done seamlessly. I like the visualization it provides and that gives a good insight into where your time went.

The interface could be simpler and more modern. Upon looking at it for the first time, some folks can be overwhelmed as it may seem like too many things going on.

Andrey
Andrey
Software Engineer in Deutschland
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

The best time tracking software for Mac

Kommentare: I became more productive and got a better sense of time while working on my tasks. So intuitively I avoid to waste my time on distracting apps and websites. Now I have thorough reports about apps usage. What's properly measured can be improved.

- Nice and consistent UI - Smart grouping of activities by their type - Useful statistics - Easy to use and powerful reporting - Ability to set up pomodoro-like workflow - Ability to adjust time tracks, which can be useful if one forgot to switch to a proper task in time, or forgot to top task tracking. - The data is stored locally and sensitive information about your apps used, web pages visited and chats opened does not leak.

- Way too many default smart projects and that is a bit confusing for beginners - Sometimes I forget to resume activity tracking while a quick task is started, so the information about apps usage gets lost. Probably, some notification would help here.

Bau, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Timing

Kommentare: Tracking activities has become a easy and effective task with Timing, not sure I could do without.

Easy of Use and ability to produce professional reports.

Can't say there is anything I dislike about the software....Perfect so far.

Nick
it in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Best automated time tracking

Provides a good UX and UI. Has a way to generate reports of any format.

There is no version for Windows (only Mac)