Über Automox

Automox ist eine cloudbasierte Patch-Verwaltungsplattform – moderne Cyber-Hygiene, um die Sicherheit zu verbessern.

Erfahre mehr über Automox

Easy deployment and patching, able to do integrations.

Bewertungen zu Automox

Automox hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,8 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 72 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Automox bereits verwendet?

Nathan
Nathan
Sr. Network Security Engineer in USA
Versicherung, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Finally a software deployment tool that just works

Kommentare: We had a very successful POC which showed how much time we would be saving using their platform.
Automox can automatically deploy patches endpoints need for OS or third-party applications.
I'm also very excited about the features they will be adding to their platform.

I love how responsive the product is for being agent-based. Multi-platform support makes it easy to use one product for your patching and software deployment needs. Automatic scanning which uncovers which patches are needed for installed applications/OS. Their live dashboard makes it easy to determine the level of compliance. Their built-in live chat makes it easy to connect with Support to resolve issues.

Their current reporting makes for troubleshooting deployment issues difficult sometimes but their support is top-notch and I've been told this is being addressed as is on their roadmap.

Antwort von Automox

Thanks for the great review, Nathan! We're glad to hear you're having a great experience with Automox. Reporting updates are absolutely on the roadmap. Stay tuned for exciting reporting updates coming soon!

Cory
Senior Systems Administrator in USA
Einzelhandel, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Simple and safe patching solution. Glad I went with Automox

Kommentare: Support team is awesome and fast to respond. Customer care team is good on checking in and making sure you have what you need. Fairly informative on new features and downtimes are next to nothing with Automox.

I like that the time the time to implement Automox and how easy it is to use was the biggest pro to Automox. Within 4 hours I had our entire server environment ready to patch and get caught up after our last patching solution had been pulled for over 4 months.

Only hard part with Automox is writing worklets and understanding how it works and what permissions the agent has to the machine to make registry changes or deploying non standard software to the machine.

Joshua
Systems Engineer in USA
Staatsverwaltung, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

The next generation of patch management

5,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

It offers patching from the cloud. Our endpoints do not need to be connected to our corporate network for us to be able to scan and patch them.

AutoMox is a new company and they are still innovating. There are some features we were used to from other patch management software that they have yet to implement.

Jimmy
Sr. IT Operations Manager in USA
Einzelhandel, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Almost but not quite there yet

Easy deployment and patching, able to do integrations

not a good rmm tool and not quite there yet with its reporting functions

Network Engineer in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Automox - 2 years in

Kommentare: Overall we use it to track and push patches for Windows and 3rd party and we use it to push software. The software push capability is especially nice since we are able to push anything that can be done in Powershell to the client, even if they are remote.

The Automox console is very easy to use and navigate. If you are a Powershell junkie you will love the software push capability through PS. It does a great job of keeping track of clients outside my network.

There are many times when we have to reboot a machine just to get it to show as compatible again. It works well but sometimes we have to do the reboots on 30 machines to get them to all show up.

Marc
Senior IT Systems Engineer in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Save time and make your clients happy!

Kommentare: My experience has been nothing short of AWESOME!

I love the amount of time we save keeping our systems updated and secure and confident that the latest security patches have been applied.

Can't really think of any negatives. There are a few features missing that could help streamline patch nights but they are not critical pieces.

Benjamin
Director of IT in UK
Anwaltskanzlei, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Amazing tool

Kommentare: I couldn't see us ever not using it. we have offices situated around the world and now with home users it gives us a central control platfrom to update, deploy and amend devices regardless of their locations.

Being able to patch any machine and pretty much any app from anywhere, what isn't there to like as an IT admin. We previously used SCCM and that always depended on VPN or being on a network or when the schedule was, which meant our machines were always out of date. With Automox we don't have that issue. Also we can deploy apps and config to devices more efficiently than even SCCM or Autopilot.

The remote access component could be a great integration, but we haven't found it reliable.

Benjamin
Anwaltskanzlei, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Game changer

Kommentare: Fantastic. Really, really great product. It does all you need it to and more.

Easy to use, easy to deploy, patch everything on your laptops. Create worklets to do anything on your machines. No matter where they are or where you are.This application helped to reduce vulnerabilities on our estate from 10,000's to 100's. we were using SCCM but would never leave Automox now.Great support and really well priced.

They have a new feature for remote access that was good, it uses VNC. only issue was you could only connect to one machine at a time. No IT person only connects to one machine at a time! so if they can change it to multiple machines then I might be interested in taking that option.

Mike
IT Director in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Automox

Kommentare: Outstanding. Product has done exactly what is advertised (patch management) at a fair price. Support has also been great for the few times I had needed to reach out. They stayed on top of the ticket until it was resolved.

As a very small department with hundreds of computers with various software packages installed, I needed a way to top-down see the patch cadence. Automox was quick to deploy and quick to start getting results that I could take action on.

The core patch anagement features are great, but since there's an agent there may be some additional capability that could be added: Send message to user, shutdown computer, uninstall software, etc.

Antwort von Automox

Thanks for the review Mike! We do actually have the ability to do the things you listed in the Cons section using the Worklets feature. Check out the Worklets category on our community where we have Worklets to send messages, shut down computers and remove unwanted software. If you need help getting a Worklet written to accomplish a task, please reach out to us and we're happy to help.

Head of IT in UK
Telekommunikation, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Excellent patch management tool, that needs better dashboards and integrations.

Kommentare: It's been a blessing, especially now all our workers are allowed to work remotely as much as they like. Without it, we'd have a real problem managing patches and enforcing certain system settings that used to require a VPN connection (sometimes rarely connected) or being in the office.

It's really easy to use and configure, which is great when you're a small team with a limited budget, but the thing I love most is that it's cross-platform, so we don't need 3 or 4 tools, scripts, or manual updates to manage all different Operating Systems and applications we use.

The dashboard is, well, pretty ugly, and doesn't really offer any customisation. I'd love to see UI update and custom charts based off search criteria.

AVP, Information Systems in USA
Versicherung, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Streamlining and simplifying our patching strategy in a "Do More with Less" world.

Kommentare: Automox has significantly reduced our time it takes to patch our systems. We also are patching additional risks that were difficult to cover with other products. The result: A better security position for the company based on the risk reports we present to our executive leadership and risk committees.

This product is easy to configure, distribute, and use. It has cut down our patching cycle significantly, plus it doesn't require babysitting like many other solutions on the market. The biggest "like" though is that it has significantly reduced the risk of our company based on the reports we run from our vulnerability scanning.

UI continues to need some improvement; however, they do publish updates regularly.

Antwort von Automox

Thanks for the great review, John! Time to patch is a critical metric we believe more organizations need to understand and act on to ensure they're reducing security gaps. We agree that the UI needs some attention, and we've been actively working on some pretty cool updates. Stay tuned!

Alan
Alan
Founder in USA
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Set it and forget it!

Kommentare: 10/10 would roll this product out everytime someone needs to do automated patch management for small/medium businesses.

Worklets feature is extreme useful for running scripts against your assets. This saved me big time with rolling out upgrades of AV software that were not exactly Big Sur ready. Automox is still rapidly building and evolving their product to meet the needs of the community and progress is very transparent. If they decided to go into the MDM space for mac management, that would double their value proposition.

The scheduling is still relatively naive, it will reboot your computer during a zoom because there's no "benefit of the doubt" if you miss their pop-up notifications. There's no way to do bandwidth capping for downloads. There doesn't seem to be any uninstall prevention.

Abhilash
Director of IT in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Perfect for mixed environments

Kommentare: I wish I had signed up for Automox earlier. It has reduced my department's overhead regarding maintaining updates quite a bit.

Where to start -- > Easy deployment > Can be used as a basic inventory management system > Integrates with Crowdstrike Falcon > Windows computers no longer need to be in the network to receive updates from the server > Can be used to replace Jamf for Macs since this handles Mac updates as well > Other than OS updates, Automox updates many apps like Adobe, Zoom, Webex as well > Excellent admin interface and dashboard

Not necessarily a con, but I would like a note/remark option under each computer so that I can add notes or encryption keys

Danny
IT Specialist in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Awesome product

Kommentare: Automox is the first patch management software I've used that I can trust to get the job done without babysitting. That said I did take 4 months of babysitting to prove to myself that I can finally relax, a little, and not worry about the job getting done.

Fast, Reliable, easy to configure and very easy to use.

The only issue I've seen so far, not really a problem just an annoyance, is when you sort by "Group Membership" it sorts the pages separately instead of truly sorting by the column. Like I said, just annoying.

Antwort von Automox

Hi Danny! Thank you for your awesome feedback. We hear on you on your frustrations with around group membership sorting have it on our roadmap to solve! Glad to hear you like our product and it's very easy to use!

Corey
Network and Systems Admin in Kanada
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Possibilities are endless - Not just an update platform

Kommentare: It's been a delight working with the software and the Automox team themselves. They're a great bunch that truly understands the needs of their customers. Solid A+

Windows Updates were our only priority when finding a solution, but once I realized the potential of what they had on their roadmap... I was hooked. Windows Updates/Software Patch Management/Custom policies/Reporting/Live dashboard.... It is a hefty tool that I plan to take advantage of as long as possible. They're always improving and adding features, and they take customer feedback very seriously. I've seen features fixed/updated or even features I've suggested on their roadmap within a week of discussing.

Originally, dashboard performance was hit/miss. It has improved a lot since then, and they're still working on further improving performance.

Antwort von Automox

Thank you so much for the feedback, Corey! We appreciate the grade on our work and are excited to hear your experience has been excellent! We are constantly improving performance and are glad to see you noticed as well as the features we add. We're excited for the future and to work more with happy users like yourself.

Hochschulbildung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Game Changer!

Kommentare: I found Automox at a conference and purchased about two weeks later. The team has been great to work with and stayed in touch, unlike so many others that disappear into the night after the PO is signed.

It took me nearly 20 years in I.T. to finally find a patch/update solution that I liked and that actually worked. In most simple terms...Automox just works! Setting up Automox itself was trivial. Installing the client is one of the easiest clients. After that...check in periodically, approve patches, and rest easy...because for once you know your systems are actually patched. Plus you have reporting for management without any extra effort.

It needs to grow more. Right now it still doesn't support 100% of our software, including some heavily used well-know titles. Support for other software needs to grow by at least 10x if it's going to have a chance to succeed. The software deployment piece also has some kinks to work out.

Antwort von Automox

That's for the great feedback! We agree that supported software needs improvement and are actively working on it! If you're open to it, please send our Support team (support@automox.com) the software titles you would like to see as it can help us prioritize our list.

Eric
IT Manager in USA
Telekommunikation, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Out of sight, out of mind

Kommentare: We went from having servers and workstations that may or may not be current with updates, to not having to worry about it any longer.

Once Automox is set up, it is very easy to manage. All systems are kept current with little to no required actions by our IT staff. Adding new systems is as easy as installing a small client.

Automox is very powerful, so there are some features that seem complicated to set up. I feel that once those features were set up, the comfortability level would go up making them seem less daunting.

Professionelles Training & Coaching, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Cloud based patch management ideal for multi-site and remote users

Kommentare: I have seen a big improvement in patching remote systems and laptops over the last two years. The cost involved with Automox is offset by the time that would have been wasted on WSUS and the non-profit discount is a great help.

The software is simple to deploy and requires little attention once installed, but ensures excellent endpoint visibility. If you consider patching to have the same importance as endpoint security, you need a tool like this to see the patch status of your endpoints and servers.

You need to remember to delete retired endpoints from the console.

Antwort von Automox

Well stated, David! Thanks for your input and we agree the retired endpoints reminder is a great idea. We will add that to some other discussions around our roadmap.

Julian
Technology Systems Engineer in USA
Bau, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

It just works and the support is second to none!

Kommentare: We were looking for an easy to use patching solution that worked along side of CrowdStrike for our patch management and vulnerability management for our server infrastructure. It has allowed us to get into monthly compliance with all patching.

Automox was easy to setup and deploy. The minor issues I had were resolved by support within minutes. Some of the best support in the industry at the time of this writing.

The only con I would give is that the windows updates are specifically tied to the built in windows update system. Meaning it's relying on the OS to do the patch scanning for the most part. This isn't the case with 3rd party software, but it is with Microsoft software.

Jason
Bau, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Exactly What We Needed

Kommentare: It has been a good experience and their teams are very helpful and responsive.

It covers the most popular software packages on the market and allows us to address anything not picked up it our other products

Needs more APi to some of the other platforms we use but they are always willing to accept and add others to their list.

Zachary
Zachary
Senior Technology Support Admin in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great Patch Management Unrivaled Reliability

Kommentare: Great. We haven't found another solution that enforces patch policies as reliably as Automox, let alone making manual approvals of patches as easy as it is.

Powerful patch management and proven reliability. Excellent reporting and policy enforcement.

Software deployment can be slightly more complicated than some other solutions as it does require some scripting to complete the process. However, it is worth noting that scripting process isn't terribly difficult and is well documented.

Brendan
Information Security in USA
Versicherung, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Trifecta - Mac, Windows, Linux management

Kommentare: Even though it is new, I am impressed. Any new start up would be crazy not to give this tool a look. Any IT shop that is cross-platform should give them a try too.

The requirements of my management tool were hard to fill: support the 3 major OS client flavors, be run as an SaaS offering, and it must not depend on Active Directory. I was surprised to find all 3 requirements were near impossible to find, heck even 1 of the 3 was a challenge, 2 seemed impossible. Then I stumbled on Automox - all 3 boxes checked. The test drive was simple - and powerful. The tool is fast too! Once a client is installed it is mere moments until a complete hardware/software inventory is reported in the console, and policies are ready to be deployed. Need software to go out to a Macbook, Windows laptop, and Linux rig? It can do all three.

The solution is new - and still working on features. It isn't buggy as you might expect, but it lacks great reporting, and a few features I would love to see. However they do respond to requests, and they do share their roadmap with customers. So I know some of the drawbacks are already on the way to improvement.

Antwort von Automox

Thank you for the feedback, Brendan! We're excited for the future of reporting among other areas we're focusing our efforts this year.

Gregory
Managing Director in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Life Saver

Kommentare: We deployed Automox to help patching and maintaining of almost 100 computers and 15 servers onsite and cloud based. Most of the staff has been in a hybrid work scenario office/remote so the old methods of updates were time consuming. Automox was also easy to implement in our BYOD environment. Saved a huge amount of time. We tried other solutions or modules in our RMM but they required constant work. We spend much less time administering Automox.

Appreciated the ease of use and the quick start up time and quick responses from the support team. Use on both Macs and PCs was much easier than other systems.

Don't have a con so far. I haven't had a bad experience yet.

Daniel
Systems Administrator in USA
Museen & Institutionen, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Simple and Stable Patching Solution

Kommentare: Great, zero complaints. Support has been excelent, the one time I needed to contact them (which was due to my lack on knowledge rather than an actual issue.)

Easy UI to Learn, Easy to setup Patching Policies, Easy Install Process, Fast and Knowledgeable Support, Fast UI Load Times.

Possibly too simple for companies that want more hands-on control with patching.

Antwort von Automox

Thank you for the great feedback, Daniel! We're happy to hear you're having a great experience and see the value of the hands-off approach. As for more hands-on control, we have some features on our roadmap to address this!

Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Automox - SaaS Patch Management for IT teams

Kommentare: Due the fact that we have globally multiple locations and are workforce is also remote, Automox solve many issues which we had before to keep our computers up to date and patch against the latest security threats. We had tried few products and none of them was so simple to use, deploy and get to business ion very short period of time for our IT team.

Simplicity of deployment, not requirement of long training to get use to it, cross support for Windows/Max and Linux. Ability to patch system that are remote and not physically in the office.

In beginning there were not many features and no SSO support -- this has been quickly added into the product in very short period of time.

Antwort von Automox

Thanks for noticing our new features, we appreciate it! We have more coming, stay tuned!