Excellent enterprise class cloud storage and workflow integration software

Bewertet am 3.12.2019
Narasimhan (nari) S.
Chemical Engineer
Forschung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Mostly it is a very stable and secure cloud backup tool, great for workflow and content management in groups.

Vorteile: I used it and introduced it to my research group when I was in grad school few years back. We also ended up getting a larger size account to fit our needs. University purchasing handled the financial side of it, but I'd like to think our recommendations for enteprise scale buys were taken heed.
BoxSync when used in conjuction with a box account does a great job of doing automatic backups on the cloud, that also help in access from different computers/collaborators simple.
It can handle large file sizes (5 GB file upload limit) for most work, has excellent integration with word processing for online document editing. Note, I have not tried very large single file uploads yet, the largest has been a movie file of 750 MB.
Recently they added notes feature which is useful for commenting while sharing files.

Nachteile: I dont know if they ever had a referral program unlike dropbox. No other major drawbacks as a user. By default, it sends a lot of emails whenever anything is changed in the folders. turning off that feature took a while to figure out for me.

10/10 File Sharing Solution - Internal and External

Bewertet am 18.11.2019
Senior Associate - IT Audit
Buchhaltung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It has been excellent - the customer service is also fast if there are any outages (very rare) affecting our uploads/syncing. It has saved us numerous amounts of bandwidth and has encouraged our employees to save files to Box for redundancy purposes and not to store items directly on their desktop.

Vorteile: The ease of use of spinning up Box folders and collaborating among internal employees or external clients/customers. The granular permission settings within each folder allow the administrator ("owner" or "co-owner") help regulate privileges from editing, to downloading, and reading which is a great tool when looking to share with multiple parties at different levels. We stopped sending attachments via e-mail (not secure) and simply use Box now to point toward a Link where the file is located. If you don't have access to the link, you are unable to see the file. Our employees and customers love this feature and it keeps everyone involved and access privileges in check.

Nachteile: When using Box Drive, it can be a bit slow to sync when creating new folders, or modifying file names, directly on the desktop application (recommend using the Box web site), however, this is extremely minor. we have had many successes using Box and have not even considered exploring any other solutions for over 5 years.

The best cloud storage on the web!

Bewertet am 30.9.2019
Staci T.
Social Media Manager

Kommentare: One of the best continual investments we've made with the company. This platform has single-handedly help us acquire new clients and projects, thus increasing the bottom line.

Vorteile: This is the most robust cloud storage platform on the web. Having been a client for over 10 years, there has been continued improvement to accessibility and security from the company. The ease of accessing files and sharing with others is second to none.

Nachteile: Absolutely nothing was below par. We love it and continually use it daily. Even the mobile app is fantastic!

Organized and accessible

Bewertet am 25.9.2019
Jolie H.
Visual Space & Training Manager
Groߟhandel, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Box allows us to work collaboratively with teammates all over the world, both inside and outside our organization. The workflow is very smooth and we are able to make live updates to documents we work with regularly. The experience has been very positive and a big improvement over what we were using previously

Vorteile: Box has great storage capacity and many useful tools for editing and syncing items. It's a very flexible, scalable tool

Nachteile: We rely on Box so much that on the few occasions that it has gone down temporarily, we have been stuck until it's come back online. The good news is that this has happened only once or twice in 3+ years.

Very straightforward

Bewertet am 23.9.2019
Kalina B.
Research Programmer
Computer-Software, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I use Box Sync pretty much for two purposes, though perhaps they're not the target use cases the developers had in mind! 1) I use it to send files to myself between computers. I have a desktop and a laptop, and it's a convenient way to share large files between the two. For small files, I often use email, but that has size limits. With Box, I can just upload a file on my laptop, then immediately go to my Desktop and download it. Easy peasy! It's even more convenient than using a flash drive. 2) I use it for sharing collaborative files, i.e. PowerPoint presentations that I'm giving with multiple presenters. It's not perfect, but it's the best way that I've found for keeping large PPTs, with multiple presenters, in sync (when I want to use PowerPoint and not Google Slides). I coordinate with the other people so that only one of us is working at a time, and when the one person is done and their changes are uploaded, the next person can take a turn at making edits. PowerPoint does have "auto-sync" functionality but I've found that using this Box method is even better!

Vorteile: The software is very straightforward to use. It's a simple interface. In its most basic form, it's just a place you can upload, download, and share files. If you are a (slightly) more advanced user, you can set up "Box Sync" so that a folder on your computer automatically syncs with Box. This is awesome to use as an automatic backup!

Nachteile: There's not much to dislike, but if I had to nitpick, it takes too menu menus and clicks to do things like (1) delete a file, (2) share a file, and (3) sync a file/folder. These are pretty much the only three things that I ever want to do, but they are hidden behind like 3-4 clicks and menu options.

Reliable, Safe, Cloud Storage

Bewertet am 12.9.2019

Kommentare: I have been very happy with Box. I have had not issues that I can think of. Box Sync is being phased out [YES!] in favor of Box Drive, which is their new file streaming service. I love how even though with Box Drive, the files are not actually on my computer, they are available instantly as needed. It is the exact same feature, but much better implemented in my opinion than OneDrive Files On-Demand and Google Drive File Stream provide.

Vorteile: Ease of use. It is simple, whatever is in your Box Drive folder is what is on Box. It is very easy to share files with others. Files are safe, and I would recommend them to anyone.

Nachteile: Some users have to use a secure DAV connection, and Box severely throttles DAV connections. Moving files around using this takes a lot of time, BUT it does work for now.

Stable Storage Solution

Bewertet am 28.8.2019
Zahra H.
Head of Business Ops
Unternehmensberatung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Its good, overall i have no complaints.

Vorteile: Its a stable solution. The free plan was good but we moved to Business because that's what we needed it for. So the mobile apps are good, desktop sync is instant and there are no hiccups involving security, privacy, sync, uploads and management

Nachteile: You can't really move your main folder of storage once it has been set up. I initially wanted it on Drive D, now I wish to move it, but Box doesn't allow it. I will need to uninstall and then reinstall the whole damn thing for the shift to take place. Dropbox didnt have this problem. Yes I use both.

Great for Content Marketing on Startups!

Bewertet am 26.6.2019
Leonardo F.
UI/UX Designer

Kommentare: When we started our business a few years ago, we did not have enough capital to spend on tools or rather we wanted to invest in more important equipment. That is when I got introduced to Box. Their product quality and security are as good as Dropbox. We never had a security breach or lost a file, and since we offer content marketing services, the number of files we upload and download monthly is too many.

Vorteile: The speed to download and upload every single file

Nachteile: It is not as good as Dropbox, but if you are starting your business and want to save a good amount of money it is an ideal choice.

One stop cloud for all your syncing, sharing and collaborating needs

Bewertet am 3.4.2019
Sadaf G.
Sustainability Analyst

Kommentare: Box is an online cloud-based content management software that is particularly helpful when you need to store, edit and share all your data and documents from one place. We have a business account with Box and have been using the same since more than a year. It is fairly simple to use, with updates coming out once in a while showcasing new features. The software interfaces seamlessly with the office suite (Office 365 or others), therefore allowing users to use it via their computer, and not necessarily through the website or app. However, it does consume tons of storage space on your computer, therefore I'd definitely recommend only syncing the files to be used rather than syncing all folders you're collaborating on.
Box is undoubtedly a great tool for virtual teams collaborating from different locations as sharing, uploading and syncing data is simple and stress-free. My team and I literally work through Box all day, and are always on the same page when it comes to our projects, as each one of us can view the other's uploaded documents on Box and continue working on the same. Additionally, managing and filing documents in one secure storage have become uncomplicated. For us, it reduces the chances of repeating the same work and error. of course, error; and also saving precious time not looking for files and folders all over.

Vorteile: Box allows users to upload all kinds of files of different formats (documents, images, video, drawing packages, zipped folders etc.) to its webpage (or app on phone/tablet) with ease. These uploaded documents can be shared with relevant team members, while also keeping them private from others where necessary. Shareable with the help of the link, Box files are easy to update, one can either edit in the browser itself or download to do the same. It is easy to track the activity of users, like who has viewed, downloaded and edited the files. This is a great tool when collaborating with colleagues through the web as all changes in a particular document/content are updated in real time and everybody working on that project can track changes and updates.
I consider Box to be a reliable, simplified and secure software that I am able to utilize abundantly on a daily basis with my team. It is accessible anywhere and everywhere with a stable internet connection. One can simply drag and drop files and folders to Box and it will get uploaded instantly. This works wonders when you are out of office (for example, site or travelling) and your team needs to access the documents you've been working on or vice versa.
Also, it is possible to have Box sync (as a standalone app) set up on your computer and aids easy syncing without the need to log in every time.

Nachteile: When compared to its competitors (Google Drive/OneDrive), Box does look a bit unappealing owing to its price tag. It offers four plans, the most inexpensive one being Standard (for personal use I presume), followed by Business, Business Plus and Enterprise. Small and medium-sized firms can make do with the average priced Business and Business Plus offerings. However, I don't think that I would invest in it if for my personal use.
Secondly, for files such as .dwg and .rar do not open as a preview and have to be downloaded for viewing. This poses a problem for me as I have to review large drawing packages and downloading them just for review is quite a hassle. Would love if these little aspects are fixed for the upcoming updates.

Easy file sharing from desk, laptop, phone...

Bewertet am 12.9.2018
Mary B.
HR Director
Forschung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I love Box and tell everyone I interview about Box. We are a 70% remote group and depend on Box for sharing information and collaborating on projects. Applicants ask, "How do you manage a dispersed work force?" and "How do people maintain a sense of team?" "Box," I say, "is a big component."

Vorteile: 1. Sharing files is simple, no matter who you want to share with and no matter from what device. You can share a document with someone inside or outside of the organization without giving up control of the document. No need for someone outside of the organization to upload any software in order to access the shared document.
2. As an HR professional I find Box to be a great tool for collaborating with hiring managers. I set up a system for resume sorting that allows hiring managers to see just those resumes selected for their review, and allows the manager to move the candidates ahead in the hiring process, or not, as desired. I can then take action based on their actions in Box. It's very efficient. As a small business we do not need expensive, extensive stand-alone software for applicant tracking. Box allows us to record our decision making process
3. Largely intuitive, but in case you need a bit of help, the webinars and how-to videos are very easy to follow.
4. I can access, read and send documents from my phone. Very helpful for those moments at the beach when you realize you forgot to send a document to your boss. It's happened.

Nachteile: 1. I work mostly from an old Mac. I find some of the interface less smooth than from my PC. For example, when I create a Word doc within Box while using my Mac, the Mac defaults to Text Edit instead of Word. I suspect that's user error, though.

Box for personal or office digital storage

Bewertet am 10.8.2018
Joseric M.
Versorgungsunternehmen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Box continues to amaze and survive given the steep competition out there. Its main selling point for us is the boost in confidence as regards its super security features and data loss prevention.

Vorteile: There are many things to love about Box. For one, its Business plans come with unlimited storage! We started out with Free just to try it, then moved to Starter then Business (as we needed more than 10 users on board). It's worth it esp for small to medium-sized businesses looking for a secure place for storage with tons of extra features for both admin and security. The 5GB upload is enough for the big multimedia and other iso/archive files we have. For our admin, the integration with our Active Directory saved us from having to require our users to create/maintain an extra account (user/password) for Box. We are also proud to announce to our team about its security features like SSL, encryption, and even two-factor authentication for the meticulous.
Although​ we haven't had the need for the DLP (Data Loss Prevention) that Box advertises, we are happy that this is part of our subscription and gives a little extra boost of confidence with our files.
The corporate logo can also be incorporated into the platform to make it personalized according to your company's branding scheme. Box also offers a ton of possible integrations. So far what we use are integrations with Google Suite (e.g., docs), Salesforce (CRM), and MS Office 365. This makes it easy for users​ to create content is our usual platforms and then easily save and manage them in Box.

Nachteile: We have quite a number of staff who already use other online storage platforms (Dropbox, Google Drive). Note that Non-Box users can only access files as Read-Only... in which case our people really had to be forced to create an account for edit purposes and collaboration.

Box - a secure, collaborative platform for all connected users

Bewertet am 23.8.2016
Eugene J.
Director of Information Technology
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've been been a Box customer for about four years. During that time we've gone from a limited POC to a large scale international rollout. We've found Box to be very responsive both from a support standpoint and in terms of listening to their customers regarding features and needs.
The primary reason we initially chose Box was because of the outstanding security framework which was at the core of the initial offering and continues to be a key focus for Box. The management and governance features allowed us to roll it out to a geographically diverse group of employees with the assurance that their data would be secure and would remain secure.
Our initial need was to centrally replicate data from an international location. Based on the success of that POC, we've been able to replicate that success in a number of international locations and delay or eliminate the need for physical systems and storage that had previously been a part of our technology deployment.

Vorteile: Security is still my favorite feature - I have the confidence that our data is secure and will remain secure. Box meets a number of US based and international security regulations and data compliance requirements, Box makes governance and compliance easy.
Notifications based on file changes or folder changes have allowed us to create "instant workflows" to quickly move data from a variety of locations in the hands of a number of users. This has allowed us to create a system where data is not only securely stored, but able to be quickly acted upon by a geographically diverse group of staff.
Rolling Box seats out to new users is easy, and Box makes a wide variety of training materials available to its users to help them leverage the features.

Nachteile: There's not much to dislike - the feature set is good and continues to grow. If there is a downside, it is that - like all cloud based solutions - connectivity is required, and that can sometimes be a challenge for my organization is some of the remote international locations where we work.

Solid enterprise tool with surprising productivity and innovation gains

Bewertet am 1.1.2017
Bob F.
Manager, Cloud Technology Support
Hochschulbildung, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I run Box for over 100K users in a large university. Box is built for the enterprise. It has very solid security, good user management and an extremely small support footprint. There are consumer tools that might beat Box on some individual features, but cannot hold a candle to Box when held up to the needs and realities of a large enterprise. Box is platform and vendor agnostic. It has solid mobile apps and 3rd party integrations. The API is strong and improving all the time. Box can be the content layer for both internal and externally-facing applications. We signed on to Box to bring our IP back in from consumer tools. It has largely accomplished that but it has additional surprising results. We've seen some very creative innovations in research collaboration, teaching and administration. The productivity gains have been far greater than expected. Box is a bit of a paradigm shift for users. Those who never ventured into consumer cloud tools such as Dropbox need to learn about basic cloud concepts of where their data is backed up. IT professionals need to get their heads around Box's permission model as well as deal with the loss of direct user management and support. Having said that, the overall support footprint is startling low. We average 5 technical tickets a week on Box for over 100K users. Most of our support time is on training and consulting to help users get the most out of the tools Box provides. The bottom line is that Box has proven to be very solid and flexible. Our users have really taken it and run with it.

Vorteile: Strong security. Data ownership model. Flexibility of collaboration and sharing options. Platform and vendor agnostic. Good administrative controls. Reasonably good reporting. Reasonably good APIs. Ease of use for end users. It's been great watching the creativity and innovation of the users. They've found ways to do things with Box we never imagined when we signed on.

Nachteile: The desktop sync is different than and technically inferior to that of Dropbox, the consumer tool most users are familiar with in this space. We anticipate this change when Box for Desktop is released in 2017. We'd also like to see the maximum file size increase. I'd like to see improvements in the administrative reporting. Many users have trouble getting their head around Box's waterfall permission model, particularly IT professionals. It's different than what they are used to. It ads an impediment to the retirement of NFS.

Box

Bewertet am 6.8.2018
Nikitah I.
Professor
Hochschulbildung, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: All in all, Box has proven substantially beneficial for the university and for faculty to access materials of a general nature in a more efficient way and though I have not seen the actual numbers myself, I suspect that offloading all of the staff time and energy that went into maintaining and training people to monitored those previous on-campus servers was a price efficient move as well. Equally important in a time of fiscal belt-tightening.

Vorteile: My university decided to replace its archaic system of various collective departmental, college, and institution drives and servers with Box. It is a thousand times easier to access from a variety of locations, at almost any time, using almost any communicative medium you wish to employ. In the 21st century the modern mobile educational facility and educator lives and dies on the capacity to not just amass data and research and information but also to retrieve and manipulate it at remote locales in a secure, rapid way.

Nachteile: The biggest challenge is that Box has, like many modern softwares, engineered a number of plug ins. I have found that the reliability and functionality of these varies. for example, the general BoxSync application works perfectly but then there is a Box application for Windows 8 and another for Windows 10 which are "store apps" which are not as good at syncing and it is possible you might have both kinds of applications on your machine and that is rather confusing for the user since they have different interfaces and the syncing between them is not as transparent as one might expect. There is a page of these plugins and their descriptions overlap substantially and so it's not always clear which application you should employ in conjunction with your general Box.

I use Box for department and personal document storage through manual uploads, emails, and syncing.

Bewertet am 4.5.2018
Bryan F.
Information Specialist for Student Affairs and Enrollment Services
Hochschulbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: With this product, I can securely save and store my documents. They can be accessed from anywhere. I can share them with colleagues and setup folders with access for multiple users.
Through our reporting software, I can easily email documents to Box folders to be uploaded.

Vorteile: I like the versatility for uploading and downloading files. Files can be uploaded by dragging them into the folder in a web browser. You can also allow them to be uploaded through email. When this is activated, a unique email address is created. Any attachments in emails sent to that address are uploaded to that folder. We use our reporting software to send reports to these folders. Within this folder, uniquely named documents can replace existing ones or be added in addition to the original.
Files can also be uploaded through synced folders. I use this to store all of my work documents. Any file in this folder is synced with the online folder.
The Box files can easily be accessed from any web browser or through the mobile app. Ours is placed behind our firewall. With the mobile app, you can also create offline versions of documents for easy access without internet access.
Downloading can be completed easily though the app or online. Individual files can be downloaded one at a time or en mass as a zip file.

Nachteile: I am pretty happy with this product. The only thing that I would prefer is the ability to download multiple files at once as separate files instead of being downloaded as a zip file.

Enabling mobility, collaboration, and delivering that securely.

Bewertet am 29.7.2016
Lucas B.
Network Manager
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: There are many services if you are looking for a place to dump data. But what makes Box the best, are all the features that they layer on top of that. Collaboration, sync, edit, Office integration, great mobile apps, policies, preview, workflows, automations, and more. At my company we have been able to leverage many of these features to meet specific needs of our end users that we would not have been able to easily meet with our existing resources or traditional platforms. We have been able to really leverage the platform to enable our users to gather data all over the world on almost any platform and then have staff anywhere else in the world act on that data. This has increased our response time tremendously over traditional platforms like email and FTP. Box can really be a tool in your tool chest that can solve many problems.

Vorteile: The features I have found to be most helpful over other cloud storage platforms are: 1) Collaboration just not that it exists, but it is easy and user friendly. Allowing data that is necessary to be worked on to be brought to the surface 2) Security focus on compliance, encryption, enterprise grade management 3) 3rd Party Integrations allowing for Box to truly be a platform to be used with other software. 4) Mobile apps, very strong and easy to use

Nachteile: There are still some management features I would like to see improved, giving more control to IT. There is a good bit here, but could use a bit more.

What the cloud pros use...

Bewertet am 22.11.2016
Scott s. D.
Fractional CIO Consultant
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: Box is the best of breed cloud system in the EFSS (Gartner) space. The natural progression from startup to unicorn company is:
1. Google Drive (max free space) but applications are worthless for Accountants,
2. OneDrive (comes with O365 but doesn't play well with others like NetSuite and SFDC) and need a SharePoint site managed/integrated to get real value
3. Dropbox (great customer features but doesn't play well with others and lacks unlimited storage)
4. Box --best of breed but not the cheapest

Vorteile: 1. Enterprise Edition with unlimited storage plan costs roughly $35/month. For a mature organization spending a large amount on servers/admins for those servers, this is very affordable.
2. Ability to model sharing between departments is priceless. Literally changes the way an organization behaves with information sharing if configured properly (silo killer).
3. Customer service is second to none.
4. Native integration with other cloud apps that charge additional fees for storage quotas. This includes NetSuite, SFDC and Workfront and many more.
5. MetaSearch on Enterprise allows granular searching. Every time someone has ever used a single word is indexed -- INSIDE the documents stored.

Nachteile: 1. More of a learning curve for users because of more features.
2. More robust administrative functionality also requires more learning.
3. Not the cheapest cloud solution out there - but you get what you pay for.

Box in Easy to Use Efficient File Storage Software

Bewertet am 16.7.2018
Project Engineer
Bau, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Box is used by everybody in the company for a very easy to use file storage system. The company is 100+ employees in the construction industry. We store each project in its own specific folder with everything related in this. This makes my life easier by being able to pull up blueprints or files from any device I am on. I work out of 4 different locations and so local storage would not be possible for this. Box is easily integrated onto your desktop for localized access on the computer. Anytime you make a change from your computer it will update the files in the cloud. We have over 20 people that access the files for the project and we are able to assign roles to anybody accessing the files. Some might be only able to open the files and other we can allow editing of the documents. Share large files is as simple as right-clicking and copying a link for the file location. You do not need to go through the web portal in order to share folders or documents. Box is probably one of the best enterprise level cloud storage solutions for a business.

Nachteile: I wish to allow the administrator to have a log of changes and able to temporarily access deleted files. I sometimes have people make mistakes or changes and it would be useful to see who moved a file or deleted a file. However, it does show you the last user to save a file just not a log of deleted documents. I have also had a worker delete important documents that we were not able to retrieve on an administrator level.

Box offers the most professional cloud content storage services.

Bewertet am 13.11.2019
Verna B.
Hardware Engineer
Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have rated it 9 on a scale of 10 because it has efficient working ways and high-end security features for long term backup of our files and data. We have choose this tool because it is quite easy to access and implement in the whole organization. We have really improved our working while using this tool because it allows us to save time and money while we can extract most of the benefits from this tool in a reliable way.

Vorteile: The most beneficial thing about the Box software is that Box has enabled us with easy sharing of files and data which in return have saved us precious time for other activities and we have gained utmost benefit from it in organizing our employees and professionals content. Box has secured all of work and we can easily retrieve our files in the most efficient ways. It also includes some highly efficient tools which and we gained allow us to organize and sort the data in the most easy way.

Nachteile: But in accordance to our business objectives, it does not fit 100% well cause there are some requirements that has to be fulfilled via other tool to keep us working. So it also needs some improvements from its own end. It also needs to improve its way of organizing the data. We are mostly confused in retrieving the files and folders while looking for specific contents. Box has limited storage capacity for new users. And its additional storage could be bought for high prices which are reluctantly rated at very high price.

A very viable cloud platform

Bewertet am 15.11.2018
Vin C.
IT Director
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I use Box heavily to share folders with clients, and to store/transfer files from outside locations to my local desktops. I've been with the company since the beginning and the platform has proven entirely stable for my business needs.

Vorteile: First off - let me say that I was a very early adopter of the Box platform, and I was grandfathered in with 25GB free storage. That said, I am not on a paid plan which is why I didn't comment on the pricing. I can say that the pricing is on par with the rest of the industry. I will also stick to commenting on the free version - which lacks some of the paid features. The Box Drive sync client works very well. I have seamless access to my files on all of my devices. I am able to share files and folders with ease. It is a very stable cloud platform in my opinion. As for the paid options - I believe that they work as advertised, and I've watched the platform evolve and mature over time to be a competitive with the other providers. Some of their partnerships are better by far than the others.

Nachteile: Honestly - from the free version standpoint - the biggest issue I had was when they migrated from the simple sync client to the Box Drive client. That actually proved to be more difficult than it should have. I also lost some features that I had with the sync client - due to me being on the free version.

Box has been an amazing tool for us to use as a way to share files across teams and with partners.

Bewertet am 22.1.2018
Information Technology Infrastructure Manager
Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We managed to get more information out to other staff members who were unable to access the old Physical File Server that was located in one specific office. The level of collaboration between teams and offices has increased immensely since the implementation. Our adoption rate and daily usage are some of the highest, compared to some of our other tools.

Vorteile: The security structure is great and very flexible. You can create various structures for all sorts of use cases. The integrations are also great. With so many partners from Microsoft to Google, we are able to create new ways to stitch our software together. Shoutout to HelloFax for being awesome! Box Notes has been amazing as well. Everyone has users using GDocs, even if you're not officially using it in your organization. This has effectively replaced at least the Document component. We have a group of users that cannot get enough of Box Notes. The new UI plus the training materials are great. Way better than most other competitors. As is the support. They are happy to help in any way possible. We've been recommending Box to other non-profits as a great solution to replacing the outdated File Server.

Nachteile: The inability to share individual documents to non-registered users for editing. This is probably the #1 driver for some of our users wanting to use GDrive or OneDrive.

A strong and easy to use cloud service

Bewertet am 26.3.2019
Mechanical Engineer
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I use Box on a daily basis and have found it to be a secure and reliable cloud service. One of the features I like most about it is that it also allows for collaboration work too on files such as spreadsheets or documents. I like how easy it is to use for both accessing and uploading files. A simple drag and drop of a file/files and it starts uploading immediately. It's easy to keep files organized as it allows you create folders just as you would on your hard drive. Upload and download speeds are good, although this is dependent on the speed of your internet connection of course. Another feature that I like and feel is worth mentioning is that it's very easy to share files or folders with other people, and lets you customize what level of access they have - download only or can edit, for example. There is also an option to receive an email notification when someone accesses or downloads anything you have shared.

Nachteile: The only con that I've ever encountered when using Box is that there sometimes seems to be an issue with how it orders you files within a folder if the file names are numbered (for example file names that contain or start with a numerical date).

File Sharing Tool - one of the top options

Bewertet am 6.12.2018
Senior Associate - IT Audit
Buchhaltung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We use box on a daily basis for our records retention and file sharing. We are able to individually control access down to individual folders which is extremely important when it comes to logical access control. Box prides itself on its encryption of files and offers multi-factor authentication.

Vorteile: The file sharing capabilities. I love the fact that there is a Box sync solution that can be utilized which allows individuals to seamlessly work on documents as they would from their desktop, without having to be within a web browser or something equivalent. Saving the files is simple, and depending on the file size and internet speed, the syncing of files is pretty quick. If multiple people are working on the same file, a duplicate version will be created. If a file is accidentally deleted, there is a window where you can restore the file - no more lost files!

Nachteile: I have have had issues with syncing certain files which cause me to restart the program, or my computer, or overall spend some time troubleshooting the root cause. When working as it should be, Box sync is an excellent solution. As a side note, many work environments specifically block the use of file sharing software, so Box might need to be whitelisted prior to using.

Best cloud / file storage

Bewertet am 7.5.2018
Victor B.
Think-Tanks, Selbstständig
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: I'ved used Box, dropbox, OneDrive, and many other cloud based file storage systems for many years. Box is -- hands down -- the best application for three big reasons. The first is that Box has many built in features for SSO, management, archiving, search, and integrations that are very well suited to large scale enterprise implementations to replace client/server file systems. The second is that Box has amazing integrations (pre-built). Some of my favorites are email based notifications and submit (drop in) files via email. Not that I used them for email itself, but they are great to build automation with. The third is Box's API which is super easy to use.

Nachteile: The one thing I never liked about Box is that when a corp IT team includes someone to have read access (or other access) to a folder, it always shows up. Box should have user features that allow the user to hide content that is shared with with, but which they don't want or need to see. Clearly one of the huge problems of massive file collections is finding the right data. I think their search, sort, and filter technologies could really use a lot of help here.

Does the job well.

Bewertet am 9.9.2019
IT Manager / Web Development Manager
Öl & Energie, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall it was a good experience but we ended up cancelling our subscription because of the issue above and are already paying for GSuite which included Unlimited Google Drive Storage and similar capabilities.

Vorteile: Box is easy to deploy, configure and the user adoptions are easy. Because the software uses the same file structure as Windows and has the Windows Application to make adoption even easier.

Nachteile: We encountered an issue with the permissions levels where users were able to create and add files to folders in box, but were not able to create the folder. Instead the user had to create the folder outside of box, then drag and drop it in. It didn't make sense when the user had sufficient Read/Write permissions.