Box in Easy to Use Efficient File Storage Software

Bewertet am 16.7.2018
Project Engineer
Bau, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Box is used by everybody in the company for a very easy to use file storage system. The company is 100+ employees in the construction industry. We store each project in its own specific folder with everything related in this. This makes my life easier by being able to pull up blueprints or files from any device I am on. I work out of 4 different locations and so local storage would not be possible for this. Box is easily integrated onto your desktop for localized access on the computer. Anytime you make a change from your computer it will update the files in the cloud. We have over 20 people that access the files for the project and we are able to assign roles to anybody accessing the files. Some might be only able to open the files and other we can allow editing of the documents. Share large files is as simple as right-clicking and copying a link for the file location. You do not need to go through the web portal in order to share folders or documents. Box is probably one of the best enterprise level cloud storage solutions for a business.

Nachteile: I wish to allow the administrator to have a log of changes and able to temporarily access deleted files. I sometimes have people make mistakes or changes and it would be useful to see who moved a file or deleted a file. However, it does show you the last user to save a file just not a log of deleted documents. I have also had a worker delete important documents that we were not able to retrieve on an administrator level.

Truly unlimited storage for our company with great file-sharing features

Leslie M.
Family Catalyst
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: More storage, saved money, AND improved ability to share files and work collaboratively with a remote team.

Vorteile: We switched to Box from an older competitor when we realized we could get truly unlimited storage for a lower price than we were paying for a mid-level option at another competitor. When I actually got in the weeds of working with it, I was blown away by how much more feature-rich it was too. First of all, the design and user-interface is really very simple and visually appealing. But Box really shines when you're doing a lot of collaborative work and file-sharing. The tagging and notes features are very well designed, and being able to easily see all past versions of any file is really helpful.

Nachteile: Setting up Box Sync to automatically sync certain files/folders from my laptop was a little clunky compared to the competitor we had used, which just backed up pretty much EVERYTHING on both my cloud storage and hard drive. But the benefits of it working this way definitely override the clunkiness, and once you're past the initial setup decisions, it's just as easy but with less unnecessary junk on my hard drive.

My Preferred Cloud Storage Solution

Bewertet am 5.4.2019
Brian W.
Marketing Manager
Einzelhandel, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have been using Box personally and for work for the past few years. I have never been let down by Box at all. The service has always been up and always been working. I have been doing graphic design during that time and I frequently make quick changes and then save the file again. There are a few of the services out there that cannot keep up with the quick changes and don't allow me to save the file. Sometimes I have to make a new file name just to save it. Box has never required me to do that. It has just worked and has been reliable. Thank you for a great service!

Vorteile: The security of the application is actually very nice. However, the part that I am most happy about is that it just works. I have shared many a file and it works. I have set my Box account of different computers over the years and it just works.

Nachteile: Obviously I wish they gave me more bang for the buck, but that is not really their appeal. They are trying to appeal to the businesses with their security. They succeed.

Great if you work in a team

Bewertet am 21.8.2019
Channel H.
Business Owner
Einzelhandel, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Overall I think it's great software

Vorteile: great software to share documents with a team. I think it's better than dropbox in terms of functionality and features.

Nachteile: I was there was a free option available

I loved it, we all shared the documents and were able to use them and contribute simultaneously.

Bewertet am 9.4.2018
Socio Departamental

Kommentare: Great tool for sharing documents! 100% recommended!

Vorteile: The app and the webpage are extremely user friendly. We started using this software when a foreign lawyer took a case for us and she shared a link from Box so we could all see the documentation of the case, upload the remaining documents and keep an updated check list of all that we needed.
I fell in love with Box, I used to use Drop Box and decided to migrate all my documents to Box, it is much more user friendly, it is very efficient and quick uploading and downloading documents, and Iove that it allows you to continue to use the site while uploading documents, so you don't have to sit there and whatch the blue bar fill while doing nothing.

Nachteile: I honestly have no bad comments, its a great app!! The storage amount is great and the app even comes with a feature that warns you before downloading documents if you are not on wifi. I just love it!

One of the Best File-Sharing Platforms

Bewertet am 11.9.2018
Jennifer H.
Writer | Editor
Schreiben & Editieren, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: After working with a client on their platform Box, my coworker and I enthusiastically pitched it to our boss--as in, begged her to get it. It's one of the best collaboration products I've worked in. We were all able to work in the same file simultaneously as we brainstormed ideas together, and then save our note to a shared folder (that the client gave us vendors permission to access). Box keeps everything secure, and sharing files is simple. Unlike Samepage, which has more functionality but is a little too free-flowing, Box keeps files organized in the usual folder hierarchy we are used to working in. It keeps track of versions so you always know you are working in the right, most recent file. Changes are tracked and saved automatically. You can chat in a sidebar about a file and notify someone with @ mentions. Working in the consulting industry, I've used several products with different clients, and in my experience, Box is one of the best. The software developers thought of everything I wanted in file-sharing software.

Vorteile: Box makes it really easy to collaborate. You can work in the same files in real time, or you can edit a file, and updates are automatically saved and tracked.

Nachteile: Sometimes you want to work alone while fleshing out a first draft without the client being able to look over your shoulder. An invisibility or privacy switch to temporarily disable others' access would be a nice feature. I also sometimes wanted to be able to reorganize a folder or rename something, but as a vendor I didn't have permissions to do that. The client expected us to keep things organized, so we had to ask for those permissions, but after that we were able to do it.

Box Review for Advertising Agency

Bewertet am 9.4.2019
Media Director

Kommentare: Box provides a great solution for our agency and much more efficient and user-friendly than other sharing services we have used.

Vorteile: Box software provides a centralized database where agencies are able to share documents across the portfolio. What I love about it is that you can edit online or open the document, as well as use a web-based version or sync with your Windows configuration.

Nachteile: Occasionally there can be issues with documents no saving, or multiple versions created by more than one user being in the document at one time, but overall these issues are minimal.

Great option for easy file sharing!

Bewertet am 12.9.2019
John M.
Creative Director
Konsumgüter, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I'm happy with Box and have no complaints with their platform for sharing files. I have used Box longer than any other file sharing platform, and have been thankful they continue to update and add features for businesses.

Vorteile: I love the ease of sharing files with others. Box is probably the easiest to setup for multiple users/teams and integrates well on mobile devices.

Nachteile: I would like a more powerful iPadOS app, now that Apple has updated iOS for iPads. With the newly released iPadOS, an updated app that utilizes multitasking more would be welcomed by my team and I.

Great tool for collaboration for large teams

Bewertet am 9.4.2018
Ray S.
Test Engineer

Vorteile: Box allows easy collaboration between large teams. It is especially helpful if you have members that aren't local/intranet as it does support this without an issue vs. other similar tools.
The dashboard to see what projects I have access to is intuitive to navigate.
File management is also well-designed. Desktop folder sync comes in handy, but using the web interface is also as simple as drag and drop.

Nachteile: The only issue I have is sometimes seemingly random notifications about files/folders being deleted that I've never used. There is most likely a setting I have to change in personalization.

Flexible and very accessible

Bewertet am 17.7.2019
Ramal D.
Accounts payables
Finanzdienstleistungen, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Basically, Box is very easy to use. Storage also satisfactory. Of course I have to admit security is my priority and Box gives it to us.

Vorteile: It is very important that, you can have access from laptop, phone and tablet. I used to use when I was working in big company. We were more 50 people in the office and each file was distributing from Box. I have to tell that, if you upload, lets say excel file, you can update your file without deleting it, in one click. You can upload many type of file formats.(zip, rar even.)

Nachteile: For large companies it might be affordable to purchase. But for small businesses Box is expensive. It would be very good, if administrator or manager could back up deleted files. Because sometimes I may delete some files and we can not bring it back.

Solid platform for organization

Bewertet am 12.9.2019
Senior Project Manager
Marketing & Werbung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall this is a solid, reliable platform that's powerful enough to handle all your document organizational needs

Vorteile: Box is super easy to use and intuitive without much training needed at all. I love the integration with MS Office online, which makes collaboration super easy.

Nachteile: The search functionality on Box is lacking and often returns lots of results. The filtering and advanced search helps, but still a little clunky.

Cloud storage for any and every need

Bewertet am 24.11.2018
Digital Marketing Manager
Unterhaltung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Store files securely, access them anywhere from mobile or desktop, share them internally or with 3rd parties.

Vorteile: Super easy to use, great interface (preferred over Dropbox and Google Drive), very secure, and easy-to-customize sharing settings

Nachteile: Can be tricky to find some of Box's more hidden features because there's so much you can do with it

Storage service needed for your company's productivity

Bewertet am 24.5.2019
Andrea G.
Jefe de Departamento de Prensa
Sport, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We handle many documents especially from the initial research phase, it is important for us to have a service that quickly allows us to share files, without the need to go to hard drives, email or flash drive and that gives us maximum security. We save time, money and unnecessary efforts

Vorteile: One of the things I like about this service is how useful it can be, if you require additional space to store your documents or share them with others. It is a service recognized worldwide and perfectly safe to handle any type of information, can be used easily from the cell phone, has good synchronization of information.

Nachteile: It is important and necessary to solve the technical problems that we present users during the editing of documents, in opportunities are damaged files edited to be shared with third parties or even when downloading to the desktop PC.

Very Intuitive Cloud Storage

Bewertet am 28.2.2019
Jodine theron -.
Freelance Marketer and Virtual Assistant
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: I mainly use Box to collaborate with clients and have them upload files for their projects. The other key reason I use Box is to store files I share publicly through url links.

Vorteile: I've tried many online cloud storage facilities and what I love most about Box is that when you share a link with someone and then move that file, the link does not break. It very easy to use and the syncing works great over all devices. You also get 10GB of storage on the free plan which is plenty to get started with.

Nachteile: Honestly I cannot really think of anything I don't like. It ticks all my boxes of what I would expect for cloud storage and online collaboration.

I love box

Bewertet am 3.5.2019
Aaron L.
Construction manager
Bau, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Very easy to use and navigate. I can search for and find exactly what I need quickly.

Nachteile: Sometimes the app is cumbersome if you need to access multiple plan sets. Mostly due to long load times.

Use it for sharing files both internally and externally

Bewertet am 13.7.2018
Director of Customer Care

Kommentare: Super simple for sharing files internally and with customers in a secure fashion.

Vorteile: It is very easy to add users and share docs or folders. Makes managing permissions extremely easy and allows you to secure things well.

Nachteile: Some of the UI functionality is not so intuitive. For example, you don't always know what you are sharing with who unless you really know the product.

This is pretty good, but sometimes takes a really long time to sync

Bewertet am 13.7.2018
Katherine M.
Development Director

Vorteile: We switched to this from Dropbox because it was offered completely free to nonprofits through TechSoup. It is not as good of a product as Dropbox, but it works alright for file sharing for a small business.

Nachteile: Syncing errors galore - we have a lot of issues that do not seem to be from user error. Support has not be helpful with these.

A cloud Service that helps my developer team collab easily

Bewertet am 9.1.2019
Dinesh P.
Alumni Coordinator
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: 1. Box has apps and websites that extend across various platforms and form factors such as laptops, smartphones, tablets . Hence it is easy to access your files easily on any device. 2. I use box to collab with my developer team(College friends) on projects we work upon. It is fast, secure and easy method to share dev files with each other. 3. We chose Box since it is highly secure, responsive and has an easy to learn user interface. 4. There are options to extend your storage which obviously costs some bucks but I am a free user so i liked the service despite it being free. 5. The customer support is awesome . They are responsive and skilled.

Nachteile: 1. To extend your free storage , the cost required for the purpose is quite steep and free storage is less compared to some of its competitor.

Daily User

Bewertet am 29.8.2019
Microbiologist
Medizinische Geräte, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, I am a happy daily user of the application

Vorteile: We use this software to manage shared documents throughout my department and I am a big fan of the functionality

Nachteile: I wish that the editing capabilities were more streamlined instead of trying to use multiple applications for one edit

Outstanding

Bewertet am 25.5.2019
Tobe A.
Regional application engineer
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: There are many cloud storage platform out there, but Box is one of my best, because of the price.

Nachteile: The software has lots of grate features already, but I think there could be more, for instance, ability to save documents from office direct to my box server.

Great tool!

Bewertet am 5.9.2019
Principal IT Project Lead/IT Developer
Medizinische Geräte, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have like working with Box. It allows multiple users to securely and quickly exchange information, especially in a regulated industry like mine. Looking forward to future updates.

Vorteile: I've personally used another tool like Box (with a similar-sounding name) and have found the transition to be seamless, other than some initial training.

Nachteile: There's not much I dislike about this product. It would be nice to not be notified of newer versions of the product; they should auto-install.

Awesome

Kenji S.
Facilities

Vorteile: What I like most about this software is it allows me to store things that I have and frees up space on my other phone apps

Nachteile: I can't say that I have anything that I don't like about this software. It does exactly what it says it supposed to do.

Using Box in Blackboard

Bewertet am 26.9.2019
Yvonne S.
Instructional Designer
E-Learning, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I heard Box is looking to add more annotation features/options so overall I am happy we have it integrated into our LMS. It certainly is making grading easier for me and other faculty.

Vorteile: I like the previews that Box renders in Blackboard for quick grading/scanning. It sure saves time on since you don't have to download a document. I LOVE that with Box you can annotate documents using an iPad and the Apple pencil. It makes grading super convenient and easy--no having to print papers to write on them!

Nachteile: I don't think there are enough customization options--for example, it would be nice to be able to use more than one color for grading annotations. Also, they took the highlighter feature away and sometimes the comment box is glitchy and hard to get to.

Perfect for sharing files

Bewertet am 11.4.2019
Angela W.
Operations Manager
Bau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We can share sensitive documents with our payroll company without having to fax them over and risk them sitting on a fax machine for anyone to see.

Vorteile: Our payroll company uses this site to share sensitive documents back and forth and it is pretty convenient. You just click upload and then select the file to share and it will upload and the desired person can view it pretty much immediately. We don;t pay for it so I assume my payroll company does, so I can;t comment on cost.

Nachteile: We have has no issues at all using it and it has been over a year and half.

Cloud based file sharing made easy

Michael T.
Network Administrator II
Telekommunikation, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Box has saved me tons of time by being available anywhere, on any device. For a file sharing and cloud storage app, it can not be beat.

Vorteile: I love Box's sharing capabilities, the ease of searching through folders, and the security provided by the company.

Nachteile: I absolutely hate the layout of the Box website. The lists on it take me forever to sort through, and it is very annoying.