Martial Arts on Rails

Bewertet am 10.2.2020
Alan M.
Owner / Head Instructor
Sport, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Excellent. As a martial arts studio owner you NEED a billing system, MAonRails is built specifically with martial arts studios in mind (Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is my discipline) which is important. It allows me more control over my accounts then other solutions as well.

Vorteile: I have actually used a number of products and competitors in the past, and I feel the customer service is top notch, ease of use and the right features are in place. (this was clearly built by a martial artist for martial artists

Nachteile: I haven't used the offered website as I already had my own. MaonRails has definitely grown since I first started using them and I am eager to see what new and useful features they plan on integrating.

Best Martial Arts Specific Software We've Used, Exceptional Customer Service

Bewertet am 9.9.2019
Leigh-ann M.
Sport, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The customer service with MAonRails has been fantastic. Eran goes out of his way to help and answers quickly. They were also willing to work with us on price which for a small school is greatly appreciated.

Vorteile: The interface is clean, easy to navigate for students and administrator. Easy to customize and get up and running quickly. Like the family account feature, belt ranks are easy to create, add, and modify. Customer Service is fantastic, quick answers and always willing to help.

Nachteile: That each document cannot have a customizable email saved. A bit difficult to navigate belt ranks when different classes can count towards time in grade. Also, the gym schedule is not great. Would like to see a month at a time.

Excellent Software and Amazing Customer Service

Matt H.
Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My experience has been great. We've grown to extremely quickly, and a big part of that has been through our website contact forms. I can't say enough about the customer service and the simplicity of the software. Both are fantastic.

Vorteile: I chose this software because of the ease of implementation. Other companies wanted weekly conference calls to train me on the software. MA on Rails was very intuitive. I had no problems setting up my school. Any issue I have has been resolved immediately. Eran offers fantastic customer service. Customer service really sets them apart from larger companies.

Nachteile: I'd like some added features. You have everything you need to run your business, but there are a couple of things that would be nice to have. Expanded reporting and an app would be top of the list. The positives vastly outweigh any negatives.

Makes My Life So Much Easier

Bewertet am 30.1.2020
Molly S.
Sport, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Using Martial Arts on the Rails has made my life much easier. With the last management software I was using I had to spend hours on the phone and honestly just dreaded going in to the gym to work on the computer. I now have a lot more confidence in the way that I am managing the business, our programs and our memberships and I am more organized.

Vorteile: I have found that this software is easy to use. It is pretty intuitive as how to navigate through the system. It is easy to add, cancel and manage memberships. I like the simplicity of running attendance and financial reports. I have found the support to be great, I always get a quick response. I also like how it is easy for me as an owner to control what kind of access my other gym staff has access to.

Nachteile: The only one thing I have found that I have had trouble with is when I search for a member if they are frozen their name doesn't come up in the search. I have to go to the frozen tab to find them.

Martial Arts on Rails Review

Bewertet am 1.9.2019
Paul S.

Vorteile: Simple interface
Most needed features
Quick turnaround for bug fixes
Open to suggestions for new features

Nachteile: Unable to work directly with back-end data (though this is understandable), more export options would help here though
Would prefer a self hosted open source solution if one were available with comparable feature set
Self-sign-in when multiple classes available feels less intuitive than other processes

Best software for us

James F.
Sport, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: This software is very easy to set up and manage. Our members can quickly and easily sign up and update their information at anytime. What’s even better is that there were no annoying sales calls from people trying to sell us of features we didn’t need.

Nachteile: K

Martial Arts In rails

Jordan T.
Owner /Leader
Sport, Selbstständig

Kommentare: It’s cuts down tons on paperwork and allows the use of a card for recurring monthly payments. Those are huge. We also keep attendance and rank in this and it helps tons as well. I was skeptical at first but will say that we highly enjoy its function.

Vorteile: Best customer support around!
Very streamline and easy to use
Ever evolving with input from customers
Less paperwork, mass emailing, just great in all areas.
Fair priced

Nachteile: - sometimes can be a little glitchy but Customer support always is right on it.

New MAOR user

Bewertet am 19.1.2020
Hollis & joel L.
owners
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Extremely positive

Vorteile: Ease of use and presentation. The simple, yet data heavy presentation allows the user to have important information at the fingertips without unnecessary navigation.

Nachteile: Report customization. Probably not so much for the M.A. facility, but gym operators with a wide range of customers need to be able to generate custom data reports, especially those facilities who rely in part on dues reimbursement from member insurance programs. A growing segment of business as the aging population increases.

Client management software for martial arts

Bewertet am 26.10.2019
Cindy G.
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We needed client management software for our martial arts gym; I switched to MA on Rails based on the recommendation of another gym owner. The author has been incredibly responsive about small changes we needed. Overall, it does what we need well and with a simple, clean interface.

Vorteile: It is simple to use and handles all our needs (managing clients, gym shop sales, attendance, scheduling). It's very flexible about types of membership options, from drop-ins to monthly. I like that the clients can access their own account. It has good tracking for attendance, bill paying, lets us freeze clients when needed. It also has a basic web-site.

Nachteile: The attendance check-in is a bit confusing when you have multiple classes running.

Love this software!

Bewertet am 27.10.2019
Heidi S.
Sport, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Our clientele doubled within the first four months of using this software. It’s has been absolutely amazing.

Vorteile: Easy to set up new students. Easy to find history of payments. It’s very organized and easy to navigate. I love that our members have access to their own profiles.

Nachteile: Setting up family memberships is the hardest thing but it’s not that bad.

Great option for beginners

Lindsay S.
Verbraucherdienste, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Very happy overall. Service is key for me, makes me want to stay bc I have help when I need it.

Vorteile: The ease of use, and the customer response time, initially and ongoing as needed. I like the customization options specifically for Martial Arts.

Nachteile: It takes some time to learn the settings and it’s still something that I’m learning even after a year. Sometimes there are glitches. But with the immediate response (and tech help from the back-end) from the company, it makes it easier to handle.

Excellent choice for member management

Ben L.
Executive Director
Öffentliche Sicherheit, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The team is quick to respond and open to suggestions for features.
The setup is pretty simple and easily integrates with payment software.
The FrontDesk option is a nice feature for allowing students to check in.
Great set of features for the price.

Nachteile: Updating members isn't always easy.
Some of the links and buttons don't work as expected.
Ability to customize memberships, especially for 'no cost' memberships, is limited.
No feature to allow for more than one version of a waiver to be used at the same time or to include a waiver and a membership agreement during the sign up process.

Transformed our Club

Bewertet am 10.9.2019
Sebastiao T.
Owner and Chief Instructor
Sport, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Prior to using Martial Arts On Rails we operated a manual system and as a consequence we were losing track of payments, grading, etc. For our club to continue to grow and provide the type of service our students deserve we did some extensive research of automated systems and opted for Manonrails as we found it to be a feature rich system which not only manages the basics very well but also allows you to monitor trends and provides a variety of metrics on the clubs performance and tools to help you grow the club. The sytem was created and managed by CEO who himself is a Martial Artist and therefore uniquely understands the needs of a martial arts club. In the event of any issues or queries the responsiveness of their customer support is nothing short of exceptional, we are on a different time zone here in Europe but that has never been an issue. Maonrails has totally transformed how we manage our clubs and we would have no hesitation in recommending them!

Vorteile: Ease of day to day use...Does not need additional hardware (works off a smartphone, tablet, pc, etc).... Feature rich... Dashboard providing a snapshot of key metrics...

Nachteile: Nil - anytime we have identified a new feature that would benefit our club they have modified they system to add the desired feature.

Highly Recommended Tool

Bewertet am 9.8.2019
Justin M.
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall experience has been great with Martial Arts on Rails from the staff all the way through to the system itself, the support is phenomenal and you're dealing with real people so it makes communication much easier... I would highly recommend this to anyone no matter how small or large the organisation it makes sense to invest in something that captures your payments and manages the data for you so you don't have to do it manually!

Vorteile: The ability to tailor the belts to suit my academy and secondly that once setup its easy to get people registered and actively using the system.

Nachteile: None - I have no issues with the software or its capabilities!

Slick looking and easy to use

Bewertet am 8.7.2019
Joey J.
Chief Instructor
Sport, Selbstständig

Kommentare: My experience was great. I ended up choosing another product, but it wasn't because of any defect in the product. MAOR is both advanced and simple at the same time. It has all the basic functionality you need to get started right away. I had my site basics set up in about 10 minutes, and within an hour I had my contracts all set up and ready to merge. If you're after a highly tweakable product, this may not be it, but if you want something that is easy to use, provides a good user experience, or, most importantly, if you're not a technical person - if you just want something easy to use so you can run your club/school, then definitely consider this offering. This product is so easy to use that anyone could use it. That being said, I had a lot of questions when I started using it, but mostly related to trying to get it to do things that it wasn't designed to do. The support from the developer was outstanding. After asking a few questions to understand what I was trying to do, most of the things I was asking about were met with a "yeah, no problem, we can add that". I'd have not hesitation in suggesting you check out this product.

Vorteile: The interface is sharp, and simple to navigate and find what you're looking for.
Able to set up a trial account and poke around without first having to sit through a lengthy pitch.
Developer responsiveness and support.

Nachteile: The interface isn't very customizable (the color scheme and icons). Also the options for layout are pretty static.

von Martial Arts on Rails an 9.7.2019

Thanks for the review and feedback, Joey, it's very much appreciated!

Great responsiveness

Bewertet am 30.9.2019
Jean-marc S.
Sport Director
Sport, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Easiness and reliability !

Vorteile: Easiness to use from any platform, as well as the support team that is 100% reliable in term of consideration and reactivity.

Nachteile: Minor adaptations that I would like to have for a better fit with our regional sport's issues.

Perfect for our dojo

Bewertet am 29.1.2019
Leif S.
Dojo Manager
Kunst & Handwerk, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Nearly flawless. What few small problems I've had were quickly resolved by the founder. I have had ZERO problems with the back-end payment system or student management.

Vorteile: I love how easy it was to setup for our dojo! And it built our front landing page AND student portal all at the same time. Billing is easy and perfect. Nothing but great stuff

Nachteile: The template for the website is fixed with little customization aside from pictures. The schedule only shows one week at a time.

Switching from Kicksite to Martial Arts On Rails

Bewertet am 28.11.2018
Michael J.
Selbstständig

Kommentare: So far very impressed would recommend people giving this software a chance.

Vorteile: Website integration is awesome, I use square for my business and as far as I know this is the only software that integrates square into there system. The cost compared to kicksite is better as compared per student.

Nachteile: The only invoicing available is reoccurring would like to see one time invoicing for products or tests. Also would like to see more done with the ranking, maybe being able to put in requirements so to be able to track students progress also maybe a way to advance a testing group with a single click.

von Martial Arts on Rails an 3.6.2019

Thank you for the review Michael! I'm glad you found our software useful.

Worth noting that we definitely offer one-time charges and product sales, if you need help with using those features please get in touch and we'd be happy to help you out!

Great Program

Bewertet am 3.10.2019
Marion R.
Professionelles Training & Coaching, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Been a great experience to us new owners so far.

Vorteile: I like the alerts when a payment is due or a member hasn't been present in a while.

Nachteile: I dislike not being able to give INDIVIDUAL stripes when a promotion is made. I can put stripes on the color belts, but it shows everyone with the same stripes. Hope that makes sense. Correcting this would make it easier for promotions.

Great support

Bewertet am 21.4.2019
Franck R.
lead instructor
Sport, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are a university club, with 30-40 members. Just enough members to justify a membership system but not enough to afford the big names.
We are a martial art club, so I look at 50+ different options and try ~10 that were affordable.
MAOnRails was in the top 3, I was sold by the support that was absolutely, and still is, great. Very fast response to explain, correct or enhance.
I can only recommend this software. It is not the cheapest but far from the more expensive. Definitely worth the money!

Vorteile: - Best support ever
- Quick bug & features turnaround, even when paying the lowest plan
- All features requests are considered and thought through
- Payment integration with square and stripe
- kiosk mode for in gym/dojo check-in
- manager and members interface to allow members to see own membership, pay invoices, etc
- integrated document management for waiver and T&Cs
Many other features, I suggest you to do the free trial

Nachteile: It is really a great software, any cons I came across was swiftly corrected/updated by the great team behind the software. There hasn't been any request/features that where dismissed by the team so I want to say no cons!

Great software for the price

Lucas M.
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: This software is great for the price. Very well thought out and well done

Nachteile: The website does not look great on desktop. Somewhat tough to align everything properly

Simple the best, better than all the rest.....

Bewertet am 22.1.2019
Master C.
Founder & Chief Instructor of Wing Chun International
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Been using their software coming up for 6 months and so far they get 10 out of 10.

Vorteile: What can I say, I have tested many systems promising so much and in the end either too difficult to learn or just doesn't deliver. However with Martial Arts on Rails it was completely different, easy to set up, easy to use and students/instructors love it.

Nachteile: Nothing... I have tried so many other systems and to pick something wouldn't help someone looking to test their system. Yes I have things I would like developed for my organisation and their support team are truly there if you need them... I wished i found them years ago....

Exceptional product

Bewertet am 10.8.2017
Jared E.

Kommentare: Saves me time and money. Very good product!

Vorteile: It is quite intuitive. It does so many things for me that I would spend endless time trying to do for myself. It is also priced fairly.

von Martial Arts on Rails an 10.8.2017

Thanks for the review, Jared, and for being a valued customer for so long!

-Eran

Great customer service

Bewertet am 25.8.2019
Suzanne R.
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This software has helped our business grow. The customer service is second to none!

Vorteile: Easy to use and the customer service is outstanding.

Nachteile: Learning how to use this new software. A change in our usual routine, but it was much needed.

Great program!

Bewertet am 20.4.2019
Shareef M.
School owner
Alternative Streitbeilegung, Selbstständig

Kommentare:  I really like your program! The software is easy to use and the website is very simple to edit, especially for someone like me who is NOT very savvy when it comes to things like this!  Thank you for this!

Vorteile: I love how easy it is to use, as well as the automatic billing feature. It allows me to focus on teaching, and I don't have to stop class to take payments. I also really like the simplicity of the website and how simple it is to add or make edits.

Nachteile: I kept getting spam messages in my lead form, now that Captcha has been added that is no longer a problem!