Über Gymdesk

Mit Gymdesk, einer herausragenden Lösung für die einfache Verwaltung deines Fitnessstudios, kannst du den Verkaufsanruf überspringen und deine 30-tägige kostenlose Testversion starten.

Erfahre mehr über Gymdesk

Easy “on the fly” changes. Beautiful schedule for website.

A bit difficult to navigate belt ranks when different classes can count towards time in grade.

Bewertungen zu Gymdesk

4,9

Gymdesk hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,8 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 112 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Gymdesk bereits verwendet?

Alan
Alan
Owner / Head Instructor in USA

Why MaonRails is the best solution for a Martial Arts Studio

Kommentare: Excellent. As a martial arts studio owner you NEED a billing system, MAonRails is built specifically with martial arts studios in mind (Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is my discipline) which is important. It allows me more control over my accounts then other solutions as well.

I have actually used a number of products and competitors in the past, and I feel the customer service is top notch, ease of use and the right features are in place. (this was clearly built by a martial artist for martial artists

I haven't used the offered website as I already had my own. MaonRails has definitely grown since I first started using them and I am eager to see what new and useful features they plan on integrating.

Joey
Coach in Kanada

Gymdesk nailed it

5,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Excellent. I would highly recommend any gym owner give gymdesk a shot. Even if it wasn't for you (and I'd be surprised if it wasn't), you lose nothing by trying.

Very easy to use Lots of built in features No upsell No sales team/sales pitches Excellent customer service. You email, they get back to you quickly. Simple as that. Tons of online content: youtube videos, articles, podcasts, etc.

It does not pair super well with Square. There are some limitations to how you can use the physical POS with it. I hear stripe is the better option in this case.

Ryan
owner in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Usable but I would recommend different gym software

Kommentare: Gymdesk runs and works in the many essential areas but there are many obvious flaws

Nice looking interface, easy to use dashboard. Very easy initial set up compared to a competitor service I was also using. Many things just work. Staff responds to problems quickly enough for what I imagine is a small company, but the company doesnt have the resources to continue development to deal with what I feel are obvious issues.

Very few customization options. No integrated parent/guardian option on sign up forms and waivers (has to be done custom), which for software catering to martial arts businesses is a little ridiculous. Cumbersome to set up document and membership options and difficult to individualize membership options outside of the template you've created (although you can discount or add signup fees, etc). Students uploading profile pictures from all webcams come out with wrong aspect ratio and make my business look unprofessional. Cannot disable capchas on signup forms (among other elements that cannot be customized). Essential membership documents are not required to be signed right away and add an extra step for staff that can easily be missed when I feel the software should be able to automate this task.

Antwort von Gymdesk

vor 8 Monaten

Hi Ryan, Sorry to hear you did not have a good experience with our product! We wanted to follow up and see if we could address some of your concerns - * We do have integrated parent / guardian options, both a signature requirements for waivers, and as contacts * You can require membership documents to be signed during sign up (it's an optional setting) If you could let us know what is missing for you with regards to customizing your memberships and sign-up forms, we'd love to take a look. Also, we'd be happy to take a look at any uploaded member photos that did not look right, though we are limited in what what we can do with the assets members upload themselves. Please reach out to us at support@gymdesk.com and let's chat!

Paul
Owner & Instructor in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Excellent! Highly Effective Gym Management Tool!!

Kommentare: Overall, I am VERY happy with the decision to begin using GymDesk for our membership management. It is easy for us and our members, the price is very reasonable, and the value is DEFINITELY there!

We struggled to find an effective tool for tracking our members, memberships, and leads within a single tool. The ability to input leads and walk through the onboarding process with them and follow them through to membership and renewals has been a game-changer for our administrative functions. Additionally, the ease with which we were able to integrate our existing payment processing systems has been nice (since we don't need to get multiple processors). The website templating is also a nice tool. We are not particularly skilled at making and managing websites, so having this template has been super nice. Well done!

There are only a couple of tools that don't have quite the robustness that I would like. Specifically, the skills tracking tool is a great idea, but I would like to be able to customize it a little bit more that I can now.

Jason
Owner in Australien
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig

'Martial Arts on Rails' is worth your attention. Try it out!

Kommentare: Overall experience to date has been very good. I have received excellent customer service. Due to COVID-19 temporary shutdown of my gym/dojo, I had some time on my hands to do a detailed review and trial of this software. I have looked a several systems over the past couple of years in detail and used another system for 12 months prior to moving to Martial Arts on Rails. Although it doesn't do 100% of what I wanted, it is very close and improving all the time. Remember there is no such thing as a perfect system. This software does a good job of majoring on the majors and is growing and adding new features and feature improvements continually based on user feedback. Keep up the fantastic work Martial Arts on Rails!

- Ease of use. - Ability to easily communicate via Text Message or Email in bulk to members/database without leaving the system or having to export to another system. - Member Portal very useful. - Overall features combined equals a great product. - Support has proven to be very responsive.

- At time of writing, there are limited integration options e.g. No 'Zapier' integration. However, for most users I believe you won't need another system. That's one of the benefits of this software. - There are work arounds, however at time of writing there is no customised tagging system for member database. - Even though I believe they have an easy Family management feature. At time of writing there is no easy way to communicate directly with a parent/guardian of a child student. For example, currently the email would be addressed directly to the child, not the parent/guardian.

Luke
Instructor in UK
Sport, Selbstständig

Great Software For Martial Arts Schools

Kommentare: Nothing but a positive experience with Martial Arts on Rails, highly recommend it

There are so many great things about this software, the depth of features is fantastic and covers pretty much everything a martial arts school would need! The technical assistance is another massive plus point, you always get a prompt polite response to your queries and everything is resolved super quick. Another plus point of this software is that is is super easy to use and navigate through, a lot of thought has gone into the layout and ensuring the most important features are right there at your fingertips. Another positive about this software is the developers are always updating it with new features, which is fantasict, they really are determined to provide the best possible software out there. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this software to any other Martial Arts Clubs based on my experience using it!

One of the biggest cons with this software, if there are any, is the lack of an app. I feel this would be the icing on the cake.

Stephen
Martial Arts Instructor in USA

Nothing but amazing!

The beautiful UI and overall feel of the software got us hooked! This software is on par if not better than most big named software out there that we have tried at a fraction of the price! Although there are a ton of amazing features, nothing comes close to how the customer service makes you feel when you join. Customer service is hands down the best thing about this software. If we have an issue they personally emails us back almost instantly to get it resolved! They are there anytime of day to assist and make sure the software is running at its full potential. The best of all is that they listens to feedback and actually implements them! WHAT? I've asked my recent software many times for what I thought were simple requests, and have always gotten a "we will see what we can do" response. The software is constantly being updated and cared for! Martial Arts on Rails has been one of the greatest decisions we have ever made for our school/business. Don't be like us and wait to get started. Sign-up now and see for yourself how amazing this software is!

There is nothing to dislike. If we have an issue the customer service finds a way to fix it. No matter what.

Angela
Owner/Operator in Kanada

Top Value

Kommentare: I am very pleased with our choice to go with maonrails. This system was initially meant for our yoga and fitness programs, but the benefits we are seeing in our karate programs is amazing. The students love how easy it is to use, they love the portal and payment option. The free website is easy to set up, with lots of choices to customize. We run a number of different classes using this program and it keeps us organized so we can focus on the classes rather than the back office. The report features are very helpful to keep each program separate. Overall, using this program has saved us hours of paperwork each week. It is the program we didn't know we needed until we tried it! Definitely would recommend giving it a try. Great customer service, great website and amazing tool to keep ranks, dates, payments, attendance and schedules organized!

The price was the selling point. Not the cost of the program, but the fact that there was not a tiered system for pricing. You know exactly what you are getting from day one! The program is also very easy to setup and use. The support is fantastic. Not being one that is up on all the latest technology, they took the time to walk me through things, step by step. They were answering my questions and assisting right away so I never had to wait.

Being in Canada, there are some features that cannot be used based on the payment processing company we use. There is none that allow same functionalities as in the US. I am sure it will be in a future update.

Alec
Owner and head instructor in USA
Sport, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Fairly priced and full of features that we need

Kommentare: Very satisfied with the amount of features and customer support when I do run into issues

Managing capacities per class is crucial. I want to places can do auto billing but to be able to reserve the amount of spots per class and be able to see how many are taken incentivize users to book their class is ahead of time. One thing I would like to see them implement is allowing me too cut off the window. 15 minutes out. They allow intervals of hours or days, I would like to see them add minutes so that I can close the window. 15 minutes before class starts so that people can’t register or cancel in that timeframe.

Would like to be able to cancel sign in/cancellation 15 minutes out

Anna
Manager in USA

Gymdesk Review

Kommentare: Great so far, customer supper is excellent!

Modern interface and features are good. Many automations available which is also great.

I find the main navigation and page navigation could be simplified and made a little better for the user experience - but still better than all other softwares! Some issues with setting up family-plan flat-rate pricing for limited class memberships.

Ben
Executive Director in USA
Öffentliche Sicherheit, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Excellent choice for member management

The team is quick to respond and open to suggestions for features. The setup is pretty simple and easily integrates with payment software. The FrontDesk option is a nice feature for allowing students to check in. Great set of features for the price.

Updating members isn't always easy. Some of the links and buttons don't work as expected. Ability to customize memberships, especially for 'no cost' memberships, is limited. No feature to allow for more than one version of a waiver to be used at the same time or to include a waiver and a membership agreement during the sign up process.

Svenja
Membership Management in Deutschland
Sport, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Easy to set up - super helpful in our daily workload

Kommentare: MAoR was super easy to implement in our gym and almost self explaining. If there was any question we got lightning fast responses and help.
It seems they are still developing further features for the application and adding it with every update.

Members can admin their profiles themselves and keep them up to date Recurring payment and customized membership options Homepage set up via MAonRails Various Admin / Staff profiles with different access options

- payment options not compatible with Switzerland ;-)

Kim
Office Manager in Neuseeland
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Excellent software to keep dojo running smoothly

Kommentare: Great customer service. Quick replies. Really enjoying the software.

Easy to keep track of visitors/potential new members. Great dashboard overview to see quickly any overdue fees and information

We run a lot of kids classes where a day(s) needs to be selected for them to enrol. Currently we need to create a lot of day combinations to accommodate this

Lucas
owner in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great software for the price

This software is great for the price. Very well thought out and well done

The website does not look great on desktop. Somewhat tough to align everything properly

Matt
Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Excellent Software and Amazing Customer Service

Kommentare: My experience has been great. We've grown to extremely quickly, and a big part of that has been through our website contact forms. I can't say enough about the customer service and the simplicity of the software. Both are fantastic.

I chose this software because of the ease of implementation. Other companies wanted weekly conference calls to train me on the software. MA on Rails was very intuitive. I had no problems setting up my school. Any issue I have has been resolved immediately. Eran offers fantastic customer service. Customer service really sets them apart from larger companies.

I'd like some added features. You have everything you need to run your business, but there are a couple of things that would be nice to have. Expanded reporting and an app would be top of the list. The positives vastly outweigh any negatives.

Seamus
Manager in USA

Great for the price

Very customizable and full of neat and useful features. Attendance tracking, session allotment, booking are all done really well. Friendly and clean UI. If I wanted to do what I'm doing on Gymdesk on Mindbody (or other big names), I'd probably spend double and with more headaches. There are some features that could be added (like an IOS app!) and some that could be more intuitive, but the Gymdesk team is very responsive and helpful, so I'm sure that regardless of your studio's style of doing things they could help calibrate the software to your situation. All-in-all, great software and major bang for your buck.

1. Sometimes the sign-up page will glitch out or be clunky, which can be embarrassing when dealing with a client. 2. Although it isn't the job of the software to do your math, I do wish there were more numbers that tracked different info about leads, demographics, attendance, new/old/returning students, and accounting stuff like revenue growth, average spent per student, number of paid/unpaid per month, etc. 3. To my knowledge, there is no easy way to upgrade or downgrade memberships. You have to manually cancel their current membership, add the other one, and then figure out the prorated difference (which can be somewhat confusing, especially on the fly). 4. No app, which is fine, but it is definitely easier to use the software on the computer than on the Ipad or phone.

Tommy
Martial Arts Instructor in USA

Martial Arts on Rails is THE Best Management Tool for Martial Arts Schools

Kommentare: The services provided by Martial Arts on Rails are amazing. We use it every day whether we check for renewal dates, attendance tracking, belt promotions,

-Student/Attendance Tracking -Billing/Invoicing -Memberships -Easy to set up and import data -Affordable pricing for the software -Amazing customer service -Interactive portal for students/parents -Highly customizable + So much more

There are little to no cons to Martial Arts on Rails. Even if there are bugs or questions contacting them will you get you a response very quickly and you'll be guided to a resolution.

Latasha
GYM OWNER in USA
Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen, Selbstständig

A Must have for Gym Owners

Kommentare: Gymdesk is a lifesaver. I am able to organize all of my work flow in one system. I love the membership renewal, the personalized website, the group text message marketing, the online store for selling our products, and so much more!! It’s definitely a must have for all gym owners. There are so any features to use. I love Gymdesk and will never change. They are truly the best!!

I absolutely love Gymdesk memberships management.

I really cannot find anything that I least like at this moment.

Rachael
Office Manager in USA

Prompt Responses and Excellent Customer Service

Kommentare: Using Martial Arts on Rails has allowed us to combine three different platforms into one accessible and easy to use program. We are now able to navigate through any membership requirement within the same system and it has really helped our day to day business run smoothly.

This system is extremely user friendly and it has been a smooth transition from our previous software. Very easy to navigate through all our memberships and features.

We have not had any issues with this software that wasn't promptly addressed by customer service. We needed an option of entering multiple payment methods in membership accounts and the option was provided the next day.

Gabriel
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig

Great Wonderful Awesome!

Kommentare: Can't say enough good things. Had a question when I was initially setting up on a Saturday evening and sent an email. I was surprised to have a reply within an hour. I was fully expecting a few business days.

Easy to use. Layout is great and does everything I was looking for without extra stuff that nobody uses. Very simply for members to use and very easy for initial setup by staff/ owner.

Hoped for an app.....but latest email I received said they will be rolling one out soon!

Archie
Owner / Head Instructor in USA
Sport, Selbstständig

Great product to keep you streamlined and focused on the students

Kommentare: customer service has been amazing. the staff is helpful and easy to work with

I enjoy the layout of the program. it's a sleek design that allows me too quickly perform duties keeping me on the floor with my students and frees up the family's time regarding billing and sales

it took me a bit of time to truly understand and set up specific aspects of the site.

Kam

Martial arts software

Kommentare: So far after using it for a month, I found it useful and easy to transfer all my other members from another platform which I was using. It is clear and easily re-do if you make a mistake. It takes some time on knowing how to use it but once knowing it, it is easy and simple to use. I am a slow learner but I can still learn it in a couple weeks.

What I like best is that you can access all different areas from one page and it is convenient to use. The Dashboard is also great as it tells you what is going on with the member's payment, birthdays and who has been absent from class lately.

The least thing that is confusing is that when you login as a manager, it takes you to a page where the login is still showing on the page and not straight into the admin page. So, if you are not aware, you will try to login again and again whereas you can just click the admin button.

Wilhelm
CEO @ SOJJ, Sportdirector Austrian Jiu Jitsu Federation in Österreich

MAOR a crucial tool

Kommentare: A very useful tool which is really recommended. A really very useful tool, especially for us as a martial arts school.

The software made our work a lot easier. Many processes are automated and not only improve the direct work with customers but also the processing of the data. As a young company, we are more than satisfied with the product. In addition, there is really very good customer service. Even small changes in the software used were implemented by MAOR in a very short time to meet our needs.

As with any new software, you have to get used to it. We often used the really excellent customer service when we had questions. But it was never a problem, it was always a quick fix

, Selbstständig

Switching from Kicksite to Martial Arts On Rails

Kommentare: So far very impressed would recommend people giving this software a chance.

Website integration is awesome, I use square for my business and as far as I know this is the only software that integrates square into there system. The cost compared to kicksite is better as compared per student.

The only invoicing available is reoccurring would like to see one time invoicing for products or tests. Also would like to see more done with the ranking, maybe being able to put in requirements so to be able to track students progress also maybe a way to advance a testing group with a single click.

Antwort von Gymdesk

Thank you for the review Michael! I'm glad you found our software useful. Worth noting that we definitely offer one-time charges and product sales, if you need help with using those features please get in touch and we'd be happy to help you out!

Marion
Professionelles Training & Coaching, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great Program

Kommentare: Been a great experience to us new owners so far.

I like the alerts when a payment is due or a member hasn't been present in a while.

I dislike not being able to give INDIVIDUAL stripes when a promotion is made. I can put stripes on the color belts, but it shows everyone with the same stripes. Hope that makes sense. Correcting this would make it easier for promotions.