4.4/5

Über TMetric

Kostenlose und benutzerfreundliche Zeiterfassungssoftware für Teams jeder Größe. Integrierbar in Trello, JIRA, Asana und viele mehr.

Erfahre mehr über TMetric

Tammi O.
Vorstandsbüro, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 19.8.2019

"I NEED THIS... and LOVE it"

Kommentare: I have used this for a couple of years and have even recommended to my clients that want to hire staff. I have some clients that want to know how every minute is spent and others that are happy as long as I am getting the task done in the time I am allotted, but TMetric takes all of the guesswork out. Regardless of what I am invoicing the client for I can send the report from TMetric so I am aware of exactly how much time to bill each client for.

Vorteile: I like that with the click of a button I can not only switch between clients but also sub projects for each of those clients. At the end of the week I can run a report and pull everything into a spreadsheet and send each client a complete snapshot of how much time was spend on which aspects of their business. There is even an app so if I am not sitting at my desk but doing some work from my tablet or on a call I can still click the button and track every minute.

Nachteile: I have not encountered anything I dislike. I use the free version and have not found its limitations

von Devart an 28.1.2020

Thanks for your trust, Tammi.

Jonathan N.
Sr. System Engineer
  • Bewertet am 19.8.2019

"Easy to use and customize time tracking tool"

Vorteile: The relatively unofficial API support for the product is very through; if there isn't a first party support already built in for the tools we use, Browser Extension enabling ZenDesk Support, then we have some flexibility to build up additional solutions to integrate TMetric into our work flow. It's easy to create a budget for a project that can be assigned to either time or a monetary value. Time is linear, and cannot overlap; so if you need to go back and change your time because it wasn't tracked properly, you don't need to worry about readjusting all entries to make sure you're not double billing a client.

Nachteile: The project selection tool starts to get slow to load when you have a lot of projects in the system. The desktop application hasn't always been that reliable (crashes, the window opening) although I still run it in the background to monitor what I'm working on, so I can go back and review it at any time. Because time doesn't overlap it is relatively easy to accidentally overwrite a days worth of entries if you accidentally meant to make your start time of an entry to 3:00 PM, forgetting to add the "PM", and the system defaults to 3:00 AM, and giving you a quick "are you sure message".

von Devart an 19.11.2019

Thanks for your review. We appreciate your point of view. Both the desktop and web application have become more steady.

Emanuelle L.
Support Analyst
  • Bewertet am 4.3.2020

"Effectively check the progress of company projects"

Kommentare: I always follow the progress of the team, the hours dedicated, and assessing the progress of each activity.

Vorteile: save time, satisfactorily integrating our workflow.
It has made our life easier as it allows us to categorize our time helping us to stay within the specified time frame.
It has good usability and helps us to control projects within our KanBan in Trello, and if you left the timer on, it is easy to adjust it on the supplier's website.
It allows the monitoring of the hours dedicated in the project of each team member and see the progress of each activity.

Nachteile: Sometimes the service was interrupted, with no apparent reason or notification stating the reason.
It does not have compatibility with mobile devices.

• Bewertet am 4.3.2020
Alexander F.
Customer Success Manager
  • Bewertet am 29.1.2020

"Manage team members' hours on company projects"

Kommentare: It integrates my personal and team workflow considerably well, making it easy to categorize time and keep all project tasks on time.

Vorteile: • Integration with several fermenters that we use as Jira and Tello.
• Has the function of exporting to spreadsheets in .csv format.
• Provides mobile application.
• Very good cost benefit.
• It has great usability and option to use tags.
• It makes it much easier to track my team's work.

Nachteile: Occasional failures or loss of service without warning or apparent reason.
The desktop application is a little complicated.
Exporting reports to Google Drive takes a little bit of work.
Navigating through different tasks is a little bad.
At first, I found it difficult to visualize the time that my colleagues took on each project.

• Bewertet am 29.1.2020
Creative Director
  • Bewertet am 26.4.2019

"A review of TMetric by the Creative Director of a Marketing Agency"

Kommentare: I've been using it for around a year now and, like I say above, it's mostly fine and easy but with a couple of bugs or areas of badly designed UI or UX. The page design and colour scheme and UI do feel a little dated and not quite slick enough perhaps?

Vorteile: I like it's simplicity - both in looks and function. Once the browser extension is installed you can time track tasks straight from Asana or manually add the time yourself - both methods are relatively quick to do. I like that you can view reports of how you've spent your time - on what projects and clients. Very useful for administrators and accountants.

Nachteile: It often crashes, breaks or bugs out, leaving myself and my team unable to track our hours in the software. It only breaks every three weeks or so, but I suppose I did expect it to work ALL the time. The other thing that is very annoying is when you are manually entering your hours and they start in AM and finish in PM. The slightly-clunky-to-use clock interface does not automatically guess that you meant PM and ruins all the hours you've already entered that morning by setting the last task as finishing at 12.45AM! The analogue clock face interface used to enter times is a little annoying - it has to be clicked or pressed in the right order and very accurately. It is easy to accidentally leave a timer tracking - even overnight. Perhaps there could be some way to counter this?

von Devart an 18.11.2019

Thanks for your feedback. We're working hard to meet the users' requirements.

• Bewertet am 26.4.2019
Phillip L.
Co-Founder
Medienproduktion, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 19.8.2019

"Worth it and it's seamless."

Kommentare: Extremely responsive customer service and the product has a solid build that hasn't ever bugged on me.

Vorteile: I love everything about it, there are only two softwares I use in conjunction due to missing functionality, I use Trello for the Kanban view of tasks and I use Planaway to synch the calendar so that my tasks show up as part of my day in my google Calendar to avoid scheduling a meeting during a time I blocked out for tasking. It would be awesome to have a client login for them to check on the overall tasklist without having to share my own account login which would expose my other clients info.

Nachteile: It's pretty damn good. Nothing to complain about.

von Devart an 28.1.2020

Thank you for your time and review, Phillip.

Renelene jay C.
Lead Generation Specialist/Digital Marketer
Essen & Trinken, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 20.8.2019

"An Easy-to-Use Freelancer Time Tracker and Summary Report Tool"

Kommentare: I initially used Tmetric in digital marketing. As we all know digital marketing has a broad set of tasks that needs to be segmented especially on reports. It helps me to prioritize set of tasks within its respective period. It also helps me to easily connect with the client. At first, I doubted its capability as time tracker as I was confused on how to use it. But as I understand its real purpose, I then started enjoying its use especially on summary reports. Kudos to Tmetric!

Vorteile: What I like most about it is its simplified yet detailed reports on a chosen time period. You can actually enumerate the different tasks you have worked on within your preferred timeline(hour/day/week/year). You can also choose as to how your summary reports will be shown—will it be by projects, by tasks, by team or by whole.
Nonetheless, you can also fix your reports even after the period you have worked on. If you feel that your report lacks some tasks you finished, you can always review and rewrite you reports for a more accurate summary.

Nachteile: So far, all the features on its free plan have benefited me, my client and my work. I can't see any least of it.

von Devart an 19.11.2019

Thanks for your trust, Renelene Jay. We will continue to keep it this way.

• Bewertet am 20.8.2019
Ali N.
CTO
  • Bewertet am 5.8.2019

"I always choose TMetric for any new team or project setup for years"

Kommentare: We are tracking time of developers and reviewing their work according to TMetric data and it really helps us to manage our team and product development. Also TMetric is part of our KPI calculation.

Vorteile: It' easy to use - the UI/UX is so intuitive. Last months it even became more available thanks to multi account support.

Nachteile: Sometimes it has shutdowns. Sometimes it happened during really important period of time, where I needed it the most.

von Devart an 28.1.2020

Thanks for your trust, Ali. We will take it into account.

Krzysztof B.
Senior Developer
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

"Time management Improver"

Kommentare: Tmetric changed mmy time management completly. We are using Ticket software with time management but with tmetric i just retype values to that system. Earlier there were many situations when forgot to write down what i was doing, with tmetric i can easily check it.

Vorteile: - easy to use
- powerfull
- reports
- time tracking

Nachteile: Windows app could be a little bit more customizable, App likes to hide its window while i would like it not to. Sencond thing is problems with Multi monitor setup when we detach thje second display the app sometimes wont show up until restarted.

von Devart an 19.11.2019

Thanks for the review. Our app is more customizable now and we'll continue to keep it this way.

Julius Š.
Head
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

"TMetric for asana"

Vorteile: It is quite easy to use for the general time tracking purpose

Nachteile: It is not fully integrated with asana, because, when starting to work with a task in asana, the project must be created into TMetric platform. Otherwise, you see tasks inside "No project". Another solution, you need to make a corrections to attach tasks to the projects. It could be better.
Also, It could have "default" lunch break, when the timer may be stopped automatically (should be chosen manualy).

von Devart an 19.11.2019

We appreciate your point of view. Thanks for the feedback. Deep Integration with Asana is in our roadmap.

Marie J.
COO
  • Bewertet am 22.8.2019

"Great but missing features"

Kommentare: Tmetric is very basic, reporting is poor and not configurable. While it tracks time it cannot track resource utilization, project burn, costs (vs price). Tmetric support is responsive however their reply for most of the enhancements is “it doesn’t do that” which means I need to find a product that wants to improve and provide the customer experience we need.

Vorteile: So I use this for all employees billable or not. It is great for internal usage but it is a lot of work to transfer to an invoice for a customer. On average each employee spends two hours each week. It doesn’t track expenses, car mileage, or receipts on an account so we have to use multiple applications to get one invoice out each week. I like that I can put in each contract assign the hours to each employee but it doesn’t do burn sheets so again I need another tool.
As for tracking time it’s just okay. It’s great when it work automatically on the computer. It does a great job at tracking idle time but tends to crash when in a project monitoring activity. While all apps crash the issue is you don’t know this one has because it’s hidden until you want to do a different task and then you’ve lost all your tracking. Oh there is a feature to allow customers access but I would never do that without the ability to configure it to show the customer what I want

Nachteile: Reliability and stability are the least favorite things

von Devart an 19.11.2019

Thank you for your time and review. We will further improve our application.

• Bewertet am 22.8.2019
Charlotte N.
Writer, Editor, Social Media Manager
Schreiben & Editieren, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 19.8.2019

"Great for freelancers! Works well."

Kommentare: Overall, I've enjoyed using TMetric, it far outperforms any other system I've used in the past and I'll definitely be sticking with it for the long haul.

Vorteile: I love that I can track time for multiple clients with just a few clicks. The end of the week summaries are perfect and allow for quick and easy invoicing without too much effort.

Nachteile: The software can be a tad glitchy at times, but I've found that some patience and a quick refresh usually gets things flowing smoothly again.

von Devart an 19.11.2019

Thanks for the review. We'll take it into account.

Design, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 5.8.2019

"Perfect Time Tracking Tool"

Vorteile: One of my favorite things about TMetric is its integration with Asana. I am a freelance web designer and website manager and I use Asana to help me keep track of all of my daily tasks that need to be performed for all of my clients and when I'm working on a big project. I needed an easy way to keep track of my time so I knew how long tasks were taking me to complete. TMetric was and easy choice. The free plan gave me exactly what I needed, it was super easy to hook in to asana and my chrome browser and now I am tracking everything. I also love that I can run reports so I can see where I am spending most of my time. As a freelance designer every penny counts and the fact that I get all this functionality for free is a huge win!

Nachteile: I honestly have nothing bad to say about this software, it met my needs perfectly.

von Devart an 19.11.2019

Thank you for the review. We appreciate your point of view.

Leon T.
Software Developer
Internet, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 19.8.2019

"The Time tracker I was looking for as a freelancer"

Vorteile: As a freelancer (Web/Software Developent) I found almost every feature that I needed working for different clients with their respective projects and tasks. Some projects run on an hourly rate basis, others have their budgets. You can combine both. I also time track my own learning and other non-earning processes, so that in the end of the month I can see the time spent on commercial as well as non-commercial tasks. The reports are really nice. I use submit them together with the invoice to the respective clients, making my month's work transparent to them. The application is very intuitive. You see only what you really need. You have type-ahead suggestions for new tasks based on what you have already entered in the past. There are some team functionalities, which I don't use as a freelancer, but which could be pretty useful if you work in team. The app runs comfortably synchron on any device.

Nachteile: The app design is not well suitable for a small viewport (smartphone). It gets horizontally scrollable, which is not really comfortable. Probably it's a general problem for timelines, but I hope there could be a solution for that in the future. A mobile app would be nice too.

von Devart an 19.11.2019

Thank you for your time and review. We will improve our application.

Samantha G.
E-Learning, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 19.8.2019

"Time Tracking Made Easy "

Kommentare: We needed to see how long we were taking on specific tasks to determine if we were charging enough for our services.

Vorteile: I liked the straight forward interface which everyone learned quickly.

Nachteile: What I least like is that only admins can add people to projects. There are occasions when it would be nice to just have someone login their time on a project without having to be added to the whole team process.

von Devart an 19.11.2019

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

Samuel S.
Administrator
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 5.8.2019

"Best timetracker I've found"

Kommentare: My time tracking is more accurate now than ever. I'm not having to fabricate time entries when they were missed.

Vorteile: App provides a solid set of ways to start timers (Chrome extension, web app, mobile app) but if you forget to start the timer, which I often do, the desktop activity monitor makes it so easy to fill in the blanks.

Nachteile: It could have a prettier UI. The PC app in particular. And the PC app could have features allowing a timer to stay on screen in an unobtrusive way.

von Devart an 19.11.2019

Thank you for your time and review. We will further improve our application.

Joshua E.
Website Developer / IT Support Officier
Bildungsmanagement, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 21.2.2017

"The only time keeping software I'll ever use!"

Kommentare: When I started as an employee as a website developer and IT Support Officer I wanted an easy way to keep track of my time and how I use my time.
I asked myself: That takes up the majority of my time and how often do I change tasks throughout the day?
The system that was originally developed was very manual and required the required only journal for start and finish times.
After trialing a large amount of software and solutions on the market I started using TMetric and have had my best time management experience.
Not only do I now keep a time log of my work but I can also analyse my time history and provide my employer with instant reports within seconds based on my key words (Tags) and/or Project and/or Client. The amount of options is amazing.
I have submitted development requests and have seen some of my great ideas developed within Tmetrics online application. With the product continuous being improved, I won't be moving away from TMetric. TMetric has helped me organise my website developing skills into a development areas. The recording of website development time segments has helped better prepare for more accurate quoting for website customisations.

Vorteile: Segmenting of tags for accurate reporting along with: Automatic starting and stopping.

Nachteile: Starting a new time for a project needs to be very accurate (within 2 minutes) otherwise a break forms when I don't need one.

Vinicius A.
Designer

"Fundamental"

Kommentare: It's a must to have time tracker for teams, I know if a I'm being productive or not. I can share the log with my team and make adjustments. I can estimate better the next jobs and provide the ideal due time to clients and to the board.

Vorteile: The product has improved a lot since they started. It's simple to use but full of features, as you can read in others feedbacks. I don’t need to edit all stuff, it knows where I’m am and what a I’m doing. I just need to add a title and labels and Tmetric supply me with a day or week relatory as I wish. The interface is easy to use, quick to learn, very easy to visualize the informations and the interactions respond instantly without delays.

Nachteile: Too much grey in the UI (but I’m a designer so maybe not the focus group user) It's just a time tracker after all, I have to use other tools for other kind of work management (so I have to end up to administrate a lot of tools at time).

von Devart an 19.11.2019

Thanks a lot for your time and review. We will further improve our application.

Elizabeth J.
Administrator
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 5.8.2019

"Simple, easy, effective "

Kommentare: Tmetric has saved me buckets of time, effort and frustration in keeping track of time spent on a range of projects and tasks. I'm naturally bad at record keeping but with Tmetric time tracking is a breeze.

Vorteile: I have tried various online productivity tools, and Tmetric is the only one I've stayed with. Easy, intuitive and responsive interface, so little time and effort required. I use Tmetric to track my own billable work time and the report I generate within seconds at the end of the month within seconds, fully meets my needs.

Nachteile: Honestly for the use I put it to, I've not come across any challenges or shortcomings.

von Devart an 28.1.2020

Thanks for your trust, Elizabeth.

Ben D.
QA Tester
Telekommunikation, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

"Data is power"

Kommentare: TMetric is a innovative tool, that initially I was extremely resistant too, as I didn't understand the value in recording time. After 1 whole month of recording time, I immediately saw the benefit. Even though I have been working in a similar way for a long time, I did not truly understand how much time I lost. I knew there was parts of my day to day work I needed to improve, but couldn't fully pinpoint where the churn of time was. Luckily, Tmetric allows me to see just how much time I TRULY spend with tasks not important to my real work, and where I can best spend that time instead. The UI is brilliant now. Other then the below improvement suggestion, it is actually very smooth to use. Easy to learn and easy to master. Improvements:
I would like to see it better predict what tasks I am putting in. There are some tasks, especially in the morning, I feel it could be smart and know I always have a stand-up at 9:30AM in the week if i log time that day. Then, If I happen not too, it would be easier for me to remove, rather then keep selecting this on a day to day basis.

Vorteile: Time logging
Reporting
Group subsets of tasks
Finding work churns
Truly understanding resource allocation

Nachteile: Could better predict a user's day to day tasks
Reporting UI took a while to understand how to view tasks...

Xander W.
UX Engineer
  • Bewertet am 7.2.2017

"Time tracking essentials without the bloat"

Kommentare: After another free time tracking app we used completely overhauled their UI in favour of providing lots of features we didn't really need, we went to look for an alternative solution. We stumbled upon TMetric, a new time tracking app seemingly still in its early stages. This is great because the team behind it clearly focused on the essentials first without bloating the software with feature creep. The core interactions required for a time tracking app are all very polished and unlike the competitor products. I personally really like the timeline and seeing my logged work hours and breaks so visually. It's also really intuitive to add breaks or worklog items after the fact. Integrations with common project management software are plentiful and the one I used so far works seamless ly (GitLab). The only shortcomings are in the billing rate options, these are still very basic so having multiple different rates depending on task type etc is not possible yet (as far as I know). However, Devart has a support portal where they are reasonably active and you can request features there.

Vorteile: Very simple and intuitive, visual timeline for your worklogs and breaks

Nachteile: Billing rates are very basic (only one rate for your account and a team member rate)

• Bewertet am 7.2.2017
Darren L.
Accountant
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

"GREAT Timekeeping tool"

Vorteile: Simple design
Tracking
Detailed report is very useful

Nachteile: It crashes sometimes.
It runs more than 12 hours and ask user to fix the timer next day.

von Devart an 18.11.2019

Thanks for your review, Darren. We're working hard to meet users' requirements.

• Bewertet am 5.8.2019
Clinical Trials Operations Specialist (Contract/Consultant)
Biotechnologie, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 5.8.2019

"Easy to use, minimalist time tracking software"

Kommentare: Note: using free version, manually reporting time from TMetric to clients and manually putting time from TMetric into invoicing

Vorteile: Clean organized and minimalist design.
Easy to start and stop timers
Easy to edit timers
Notifies you if a timer ran overnight and asks you to correct it
You can customize your projects and labels
You can easily see time spent on projects using any timescale you want (weeks, months, days, year)
Quick and responsive UI
I know it integrates with Quickbooks but have not used it yet
You can track time by when you worked on it, not just by how much time you worked on it in a day.

Nachteile: Since a recent update, the Firefox add-in no longer works so I have to use Tmetric in a window
Installed desktop app is not as nice as the web-version (items not organized alphabetically)

von Devart an 19.11.2019

Thank you for the review. Firefox add-on is renewed and works properly now.

Daniel L.
CCO
Computerspiele, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

"Perfect for a Startup"

Kommentare: I've been using T-Metric for months, and it has been my go-to time-tracking software. It is currently offered for free so its value for money is superb.We'll see how they choose to charge for their service in the future. For now, it being free and having a nice Chrome extension that plays well with Asana, as well as its extremely easy-to-use interface and simplicity are what drew me to it and keep me here.

Vorteile: Simple, free, easy to track track time and generate reports.

Nachteile: In my specific case, the limitation that prevents employees from entering time more than 3 days late has been troublesome. I would like to see an option to control this functionality, as well as perhaps a time-approval process that can be done on a weekly basis, where employees submit their time and have it approved by a supervisor.

Brandon Z.
Web Designer
Design, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 12.2.2017

"Nice Straightforward Time Tracking App"

Kommentare: My favorite thing about TMetric is the day view. This is the main view where you start and stop tasks. It's incredibly simple and has a fantastic graph showing all logged work for the day. This lets me easily see:
- How much I've been working on a task during the day
- How much time I've logged for the day
- By hovering, I can see how long each break I took was.
I've used several other time tracking services, and none of them made it this easy to cover those basic features. -- Pros:
- Great day overview graphic.
- Easily see how long breaks where.
- Free for up to 5 users!
Cons:
- The UI isn't the most intuitive. Once you understand how things work, it's easy.
- Desktop app is for Windows only, so I can't take advantage of their automatic tracking.
- Reports don't generate any graphics, just line items with hours.
Currently the reports tell you things like "You spent 40 hours on this project", but I don't see a way to see a graphic that would tell me when I worked those 40 hours. -- Overall, this a great tool for time tracking. My one piece of advice if you're thinking of trying TMetric: Commit to trying this for a week. You need to push past the initial setup and slight learning curve to enjoy how easy TMetric is to use.

Vorteile: The thing I like most about TMetric is the "Today" page. It provides great information and makes time tracking quite simple.

Nachteile: The reports are fairly barebones... just the data. Wish the time tracking data was used to create graphics of how much work was done on each day/week/month for different projects.

• Bewertet am 12.2.2017